GM supervillan's Gameday VII 8-20 Torrent's Last Will (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

underwater combat rules

Maps & handouts


251 to 300 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Kelumur struggles against the tentacles, but manages to free himself for a moment, enough to withdraw from the room. "Ugh... I was not prepared for this..."

escape artist: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
swim: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Str check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Str check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

If Otto is able to do this as a standard he will swim towards the exit (if he successfully retreived the tooth).

If the tentacles do not subside he will Liberating Command on Zeno.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Kelumur frees himself from the tentacles and follows Kramac's rope out of the chamber.

Otto uses Zeno's pronged arrow as a lever, and aided by Seldanna's hexcraft he prises the ancient tooth out of the coral! As he does so, the tentacles around the tooth pummel him.

tentacle slam vs Otto: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
confirm crit?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 2) + 8 = 15

Otto takes a pounding from the tentacles, but as the tooth finally comes free the tentacles fade away to nothingness. The tooth is hefty and salt-encrusted.

Out of combat rounds.

"Well done, treasure-seekers." says Aquel. "Will you also cleanse Cintra's burial chamber?" She indicates the next door.

party status
Kelumur -14hp
Zeno -9hp
Otto -15hp

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Mage 4/Fighter 4/Archer 1
Spoiler:
|AC 16, T 16, FF 11|HP: 42/42|F +5, R +7, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment/red dragon breath)|Init +6, Perc +18|CMB +10 CMD 23|11/11 Prescience, 1/1 Pearl, 1/1 Arcane Bond

Having been unnaturally fortified by his magic, Zeno appears none the worse for wear for having been ravished by the mighty tentacle (it took out my false life *precisely*). Before venturing forth, he stares into the greater Pearl of Power he'd been given, and within its surface recalls the power to so fortify himself again.

false life: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

How long has it been since I last use my mage armor wand?


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

You have now been inside the shell for 50 minutes - and the battle outside occurred 5 minutes previous to that.

You activated your Mage Armour wand on approach, before the fight with Baron Zemdar, so it must be expiring now Zeno.

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

"Good job Otto." Kelumur comments on the oreads endeavour. Then he turns to his wounds stretching out his wand to anyone who would assist him.

CLW wand: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5, 8) + 3 = 17

The rogue then approaches the next door, looks at his companions and awaits them to for an indication of readiness.

Standard action to consume my potion sponge to give touch of the sea before entering the next chamber.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Kramac will check the straps on his shield and armor, then cast Divine Favor before cracking the door and leading the way into the next room.

Liberty's Edge

male Elf Mage 4/Fighter 4/Archer 1
Spoiler:
|AC 16, T 16, FF 11|HP: 42/42|F +5, R +7, W +6 (+2 vs Enchantment/red dragon breath)|Init +6, Perc +18|CMB +10 CMD 23|11/11 Prescience, 1/1 Pearl, 1/1 Arcane Bond
GM supervillan wrote:

You have now been inside the shell for 50 minutes - and the battle outside occurred 5 minutes previous to that.

You activated your Mage Armour wand on approach, before the fight with Baron Zemdar, so it must be expiring now Zeno.

I'll use it again now, then - also, that means I've got 10 minutes of heightened awareness left, so if there is initiative to be rolled in that time, I shall expend it on it.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto nods in appreciation to his comrades and then uses a wand of CLW to heal himself from the damage he received from the critical strike from the tentacles as he retreated from the room.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Seldanna also tops up her Mage Armor and offers her healing hexes to any in need.

Don't forget Seldanna can apply a healing hex once/day to anyone as needed, to heal 2d8+9 hp. Anyone wanting to try one of those instead of using CLW charges, please go ahead and roll for your own healing. The offer is a standing one.

The Exchange

Chaotic Neutral Undine Swashbuckler 2/Ranger 6/Vigilante 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 57/66 | AC: 24 (17 T, 19 F) | CMD: 25 | F: 9, R: 18, W: 9 | Init: 9 | Perc: 12 | Speed 30, swim 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Panache 5/5 | Charmed Life 3/3 | Reroll 1/1

Ursahla also magically heightens her awareness. also expending if initiative is rolled

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Kramac will hold on to his Heightened Awareness for the moment.

The Exchange

Chaotic Neutral Undine Swashbuckler 2/Ranger 6/Vigilante 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 57/66 | AC: 24 (17 T, 19 F) | CMD: 25 | F: 9, R: 18, W: 9 | Init: 9 | Perc: 12 | Speed 30, swim 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Panache 5/5 | Charmed Life 3/3 | Reroll 1/1

Kramac. I have it on a wand if you want to expend and refresh it.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7
Ursahla wrote:
Kramac. I have it on a wand if you want to expend and refresh it.

If you're willing to refresh it afterwards, I'll go ahead and spend mine. I need to just get a wand of it - totally worth the 2pp.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Kelumur checks over and opens the door.

A large mound of coral in the center of this room rises up to form a burial slab, upon which rests a single mummified corpse wrapped in seaweed. Thousands of eels swim in circles around the slab; the creatures range in size from no bigger than a halfling's littlest finger, to as big as a full-grown human.

Knowledge (local) DC10:
The mummified corpse is a male locathah, a species of aquatic humanoid.

DC15:
Locathah are a peaceful species. They tend to live in simple, tight-knit matriarchal communities. Locathah work in stone, coral, and bone to produce the crude implements they use. Some take coral work to obsessive levels, with certain clans taking generations to grow their preferred medium in its desired form before carving it.

GM screen:
Kramac: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 4 = 22
Otto: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Seldanna: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Urshala: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 4 = 27
Zeno: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 4 = 24
Kelemur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Pet Lonan (Seldanna): 1d20 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 3 = 2
Pet Jino (Kramac): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Pet Rhon (Otto): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Combat Round 0

Urshala HA expended
Zeno HA expended
Kramac HA expended
Otto
Kelumur
Seldanna
Jino
Rhon
Lonan

Party is up!

No immediate threat is apparent - but that's a lot of eels in there.

The Exchange

Chaotic Neutral Undine Swashbuckler 2/Ranger 6/Vigilante 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 57/66 | AC: 24 (17 T, 19 F) | CMD: 25 | F: 9, R: 18, W: 9 | Init: 9 | Perc: 12 | Speed 30, swim 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Panache 5/5 | Charmed Life 3/3 | Reroll 1/1

"That's a locathah on the slab. Not a violent angry creature like the sahuagin.

Rapier ready, no actions.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes
Seldanna Marzanna wrote:

Seldanna also tops up her Mage Armor and offers her healing hexes to any in need.

Don't forget Seldanna can apply a healing hex once/day to anyone as needed, to heal 2d8+9 hp. Anyone wanting to try one of those instead of using CLW charges, please go ahead and roll for your own healing. The offer is a standing one.

If it's ok, I'll retcon to use Seldanna's healing hex instead of my 4 charges from my wand.

Healing hex: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (5, 7) + 9 = 21

Otto uses Speak with Animals to speak to the eels. "Hail and well met, my small friends! What are you doing here in this burial place?"


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

No problem using healing hex Otto

When Otto speaks to the eels, the entire cloud of creatures gives a bubbling, chittering response, in a chorus of voices both small and great.

Speak with Animals:
"Hate! Hate! Hate for those who despoil my temple! Hate for those who have brought ruin to my life's work! I bring you hatred and death!"

As if to accentuate the eels' reply, a flash of electricity sparks amongst the creatures.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Otto, they seem to be responding to you- what do they say? Do you think they can be reasoned with?

If Otto thinks they can be reasoned with and DM is ok with me making a diplomacy check with Otto as translator:

Spirit of Cintra Eelmaster - we are cleansing this shell of the evil the Sanghuin brought. We have already defeated Baron Zemdar, removed the festering tooth of the brine dragon, and cleansed two altars the Sanghuin set up. Please, give us leave to enter this room and give you proper burial rites to lay your spirit to rest and finish cleansing this shell. Aquel, your servant has requseted our aid in performing this task.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Kelumur waits eagerly on what Otto has to share...

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto translates for the others. "Um, well they sound a bit agitated. Their exact words were, 'Hate! Hate! Hate for those who despoil my temple! Hate for those who have brought ruin to my life's work! I bring you hatred and death!' Maybe they are manifestations of the undead creature?"

Otto happily offers to translate for Kramac (if this is acceptable to the GM - note that Otto only gets 9 rounds of Speak With Animals - one of those goofy Druid things that someone didn't fully think through...) and looks positively relieved at the realization that being diplomatic is not going to fall to him!

Otto turns to the others. "If the conversation goes poorly, does anyone have the ability to bestow resistance to electricity?"

@GM, as far as I know, would the eels be subject to Calm Animals and would casting it disrupt any attempts at Diplomacy?


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Otto, they look like normal eels of varied species, but their response to your question was hardly normal. Calm Animals would not disrupt diplomacy, but only affects 2d4+level Hit Dice, and you are looking at a lot of eels. Diplomacy won't normally work on animals at all, Wild Empathy fills that particular niche.

Combat Round 0

Urshala rapier ready
Zeno
Kramac talking
Otto translating
Kelumur
Seldanna
Jino
Rhon
Lonan

The bold may act!

Diplomacy/talky stuff takes time. Anybody else want to act?

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Otto cannot use Wild Empathy on the eels due to his Goliath Druid archetype - he can only use it on creatures that are Large or larger.

Rhon will delay

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Kelumur's a stickler for resources and action economy. Lol. Since he consumed a potion and only has ten rounds of swim, how does he get to the corpse carefully avoiding the eels? Is it a swim check? Acrobatics check?


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Kelumur, with thousands of eels in a room not more than 20 feet square I'd say that's an extremely difficult DC, but you could attempt it with either Swim or Acrobatics.

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Kelumur eyes the movements of the eels and attempts to find a pattern to allow him to slip pass them into the chamber where the corpse floats.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Seldanna, unsure how she can physically assist with the endeavor, voices her questions out loud. "So we, ah...we need to cleanse the burial chamber? Does that mean getting rid of the eels, I wonder, or somehow cleaning the corpse of some corruption or taint...or is there something else in the room?"

Any check that Seldanna can use to help? Kn. Religion? Spellcraft for any magical effects in the room?"


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Seldanna, know.religion: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Seldanna, know.arcana: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

Seldanna surmises that a dark animus of some sort influences the eels, but cannot discern the nature of the force. No spell effect is apparent.

Kelumur swims into the chamber, and though his movements are graceful he cannot avoid contact with some of the eels. He suffers no ill effects, however, and approaches the coral slab bearing the mummified locathah.

Combat Round 0

Urshala rapier ready
Zeno
Kramac talking
Otto translating
Kelumur swimming with eels
Seldanna pontificating
Jino
Rhon
Lonan

Zeno is up

I'm assuming Jino and Lonan don't really have actions at this point. I've also moved some of you on the map to reflect your stated actions.

The Exchange

Chaotic Neutral Undine Swashbuckler 2/Ranger 6/Vigilante 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 57/66 | AC: 24 (17 T, 19 F) | CMD: 25 | F: 9, R: 18, W: 9 | Init: 9 | Perc: 12 | Speed 30, swim 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Panache 5/5 | Charmed Life 3/3 | Reroll 1/1

I totally forgot I had wild empathy. I suppose if nothing immediate happens I can start trying to calm them down next.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Zeno delays.

As Kramac talks to the eels, hoping to commune with the spirit of Cintra Eelmaster, the creatures suddenly converge on a spot at the head of the coral slab. They whirl together in a vortex, and form a vaguely human-shaped swarming mass sparking with electricity.

Otto hears one word from the creatures.

Otto:
"HATE!!!"

What is this thing?

Knowledge (arcana) DC19:
You have just witnessed the astonishing 'birth' of a Galvo, a powerful Magical Beast.

DC24:
Galvos, being formed of swarming eels, are resistant to any weapon that cannot cleave through many of the eels in one blow. DR10/slashing, which is especially unpleasant underwater.

DC29:
Galvos, being formed of swarming eels, have no discernible anatomy and like a swarm are not subject to physical spells or effects that target a single creature. They do have a singular mind however, which can be influenced. Like swarms, they are vulnerable to area-of-effect attacks. No discernible anatomy means not subject to flanking, crits, and sneak attack.

DC34:
Galvos are immune to electricity and cause electrical damage with their attacks.

GM screen:
initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Combat Round 1

Urshala
Zeno
Kramac
Jino
Otto
Rhon
Kelumur
Seldanna
Eel creature
Lonan

Active effects: Bless

The bold may act!

I applaud your efforts to communicate peacefully. This is not an encounter where diplomacy is viable, but at least I could give you a little more exposition via the eels 'speech'!

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

"Um, it seems like they are filled with hate. I don't think we're going to be able to talk with them..."

GM, does this count as a single creature or many creatures?


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt
Otto O'Read wrote:
GM, does this count as a single creature or many creatures?

For an accurate answer to that question, someone will need to pass the spoilered knowledge checks. The descriptive text for the creature is: This creature is composed of dozens of electric eels tightly knotted into a slithering, humanoid shape that crackles with energy.

Liberty's Edge

HalfOrc UC Rogue 5 Fighter 2 Brawler 1| HP:68/68 |AC:22 (24)[ T:17 FF:16 (18)| CMB:11 CMD:21 | Saves F:+10 R:+13 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Per:+13 (+2 hidden objects/+4 traps)

Kelumur is taken aback, but chooses yo test the waters before retreating momentarily. "Gah! What is it?"

Standard to attack and then swim tumble away!

silver Dagger: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 P/S +sneak?: 1d4 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + (1, 4, 3) = 18
acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

After Kelumur tumbles back away from the creature, Otto casts a spell into the room. (Only casting this if it's possible to target the creature without any of his friends - difficult to tell from the map)

Hydrophobia DC 17 Will negates

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
Casting Defensively: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Swim: 1d20 + 8 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 3 = 14

Kramac will wait for Otto's spell to complete before weaving magical protection around Jino and shimmying into the room. His eyes once again become cat-like as he draws on the power of beasts.

Cindra's hate has given birth to a Galvo! They will resist damage from anything that isn't a slashing weapon!

Kramac will ready an action to cast protection from energy(lightning) on Jino, then command the Rhino to attack the Galvo.

Kramac's AC will be 31 base, 33 vs. the first 4 attacks from Bodyguard. I moved myself into Kelumur's square - I think he forgot to move his token. If that is where he wants to stand, please move me to behind him and disregard the flank bonuses in the next post. Kramac will also wait for Ursahla, assuming she will do Freebooter's Bane again.


Animal Companion 8 |Current AC: 31 AC Base: 28 T 12 FF 24 | HP 76/76 | F +11 R +8 W +3 | CMD 25 | Hunter's Trick 3/4

Hawrooo!!

Attack Roll, Outflank, Power Attack, Freebooter's Bane, GMF: 1d20 + 12 + 4 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 4 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 20
Damage, Power attack, freebooter's bane, GMF: 2d6 + 10 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 10 + 6 + 2 + 1 = 25

Jino's AC is currently 29 from Cat Focus, and he has Prot Energy (electricity) 10.

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35

"Yes, a Galvo!" Seldanna confirms what Kramac says. "As well as that, they aren't able to be hit with physical spells that target a single creature, but they do have a singular mind which helps. Like swarms, they are vulnerable to area-of-effect attacks, but can't really be flanked or stabbed in the back. Oh, and they are immune to electricity and cause electrical damage...sorry, I was just reading about them the other day so they're fresh in my mind!"

Armed with the knowledge that the thing at least has a mind, Seldanna tries to confuse it.

Confusion (DC22)

The Exchange

Chaotic Neutral Undine Swashbuckler 2/Ranger 6/Vigilante 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 57/66 | AC: 24 (17 T, 19 F) | CMD: 25 | F: 9, R: 18, W: 9 | Init: 9 | Perc: 12 | Speed 30, swim 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Panache 5/5 | Charmed Life 3/3 | Reroll 1/1

So I don't think freebooter's bane will work on it given that ability targets a single creature. In fact I don't think Ursahla can do anything at all vs this creature. All her weapons are piercing and she won't do enough damage to get past DR 10.

GM, where is the corpse? The only thing I can think of is having Ursahla try to grab the corpse.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

I'm going to take Kelumur's first attack as Piercing. Daggers are P OR S damage and you know piercing is better underwater.

Kelumur stabs at the Galvo, but his blow fails to injure the monster. No discernible anatomy and DR. The half-orc slips away.

Otto, the chamber is too small for you to safely cast Hyrophobia. Targeting the origin point as far away as you can would still include yourself, Seldanna and Kramac. And that's an incredibly badly worded spell. It doesn't even say what it targets. Living creatures? Air breathers? Any creatures?

Kramac, since there wasn't room for you and Jino to start adjacent to each other (nor with you mounted) and for you to be within sight of the eels in order to speak to them, and have Otto translate, I shall take your order of operations as follows. Jino moves into the room to attack, then you move into the room after him and defensively cast Resist Energy on him. Your caster level is 7 with magical knack , so he'll get Resist Electricity 20. The Galvo has Combat Reflexes and reach, so both of you will provoke with your movement. Jino will not be able to Bodyguard you against the AoO because he is not adjacent to you when you provoke.

Jino squeezes through the doorway to confront the Galvo.

Galvo AoO vs Jino: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9electricity damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Jino tries to gore the Galvo, but the swarm-like eel monster is too slippery by far! Cannot be flanked, therefore no outflank bonus. You do have Bless, but still a miss. Jino's surprisingly skinny build allows him to slip through the doorway without getting hit. Yay Narrow Frame feat! No AC penalty.

Galvo AoO vs Kramac: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8electricity damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Galvo Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The Galvo similarly misses Kramac, and it succumbs to Seldanna's spell.

Ursahla, I'm inclined to allow Freebooter's Bane. The Galvo is immune to physical effects that target a single creature, but Freebooter's Bane only seems to require you to "indicate an enemy." The corpse is on the coral slab: that's the pink splodge on the map, Jino is half over it.

Combat Round 1

Ursahla
Zeno
Kramac
Jino
Otto
Rhon
Kelumur
Seldanna
Galvo: confused (9r)
Lonan

Active effects: Bless

The bold may act!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Awesome job with the confusion - now with Prot Energy on Jino, we can get the Galvo to attack him every round, and negate most of the damage from the creature.

you should probably step back a bit so that Otto can get in there.
I think, with reach, he can swing from just outside the door.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Fair enough re Hydrophobia. I thought it would be hilarious to try to use it somewhere on the Plane of Water but I guess it doesn't really work in this situation.

Otto readies until there is a spot open and then he (10' reach) attacks the creature with his scythe. Due to freedom of movement should be no penalties for attacking with it under water

Cold Iron Scythe, Bless, Freebooter's Bane: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 20
Slashing dmg, Freebooter's Bane: 2d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 10 + 2 = 17


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

If Seldanna succeeds at a DC10 swim check she can take a move action to get out of your way Otto, then you could attack through the doorway, albeit you and the Galvo will have partial cover against each other. Seldanna can still attempt that check this round. Also, Ursahla still needs to get line of sight on the Galvo to give you all the benefits of Freebooter's Bane against the Galvo. And yes, Scythe + Freedom of Movement = full damage :)

The Exchange

Chaotic Neutral Undine Swashbuckler 2/Ranger 6/Vigilante 1 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 57/66 | AC: 24 (17 T, 19 F) | CMD: 25 | F: 9, R: 18, W: 9 | Init: 9 | Perc: 12 | Speed 30, swim 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Panache 5/5 | Charmed Life 3/3 | Reroll 1/1

Ursahla moves into the room and gives those that can see her the benefit of Freebooter's Bane.

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Seldanna really doesn't like this being underwater business, least of all what it's doing to her hair.

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

Since Seldanna wasn't able to swim out of the way, if it's an allowable retcon Otto will instead cast Communal Resist Energy (Electricity) on everyone he can reach (which I think is everyone but Jino). GM, let me know if this is acceptable to you.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

That's good with me Otto. you'll only omit Jino and one out of Lonan and Rhon. Rhon will need to move within your reach to receive the spell.

Zeno is up!


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

OK, putting your actions as close to posting order as possible, here is where we are at:

Round 1 update

Kelumur stabs at the Galvo to no effect, and swims away.

Jino, spurred on by Kramac, squeezes into Cintra Eelmaster's burial chamber and enters melee. Jino fails to find his target, but the squirming Galvo also fails to injure the advancing rhino.

Kramac follows his companion into the burial chamber, and protects the rhino from the Galvo's electrical attacks.

Seldanna recognises that the Galvo has a singular mind, and assails it with an enchantment. The Galvo falls victim to her spell. Confusion also has a burst area of effect, but at this stage I'm going to say that the dimensions of the chamber are sufficient to avoid hitting Kramac and Jino. Seldanna cannot manage to swim out of the way of Otto though.

Ursahla enters the fray, but mainly to give buccaneering support to her allies.

Otto, unable to get within reach of the Galvo, settles for giving the rest of the party the same protection that Kramac gave to Jino.

Since the confusion spell landed after Jino attacked, this round the Galvo rolls for its confusion effect.

confused galvo: 1d100 ⇒ 26 babble

The eel-monster makes an unintelligible chorus of chittering and squeaking from its scores of mouths, but nothing more than that.

Combat Round 1 / Round 2

Ursahla
Kramac
Jino
Otto
Rhon
Kelumur
Seldanna
Galvo: confused (8r)
Lonan
Zeno

Active effects: Bless, Communal Resist Electricity 20, Freebooter's Bane vs Galvo

The bold may act!


Animal Companion 8 |Current AC: 31 AC Base: 28 T 12 FF 24 | HP 76/76 | F +11 R +8 W +3 | CMD 25 | Hunter's Trick 3/4

Arwoo!

Attack, Power Attack, Freebooter's Bane, GMF: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 18

Damage: 2d6 + 12 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 5) + 12 + 6 + 2 + 1 = 31

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Kramac will hold his attacks until all his allies have attacked, so he will be the last one to strike before the Galvo counterattacks.

We will put your spirit to rest Cintra!

Full attack

Attack, Flurry, Cobmat Expertise, Power Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 - 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 2 - 2 - 2 + 3 + 2 = 30
Damage, Power Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane: 1d4 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 18

Attack, Flurry, Cobmat Expertise, Power Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 - 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 2 - 2 - 2 + 3 + 2 = 28
Damage, Power Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane: 1d4 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 17

Attack, Flurry, Cobmat Expertise, Power Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 - 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 2 - 2 - 2 + 3 + 2 = 9
Damage, Power Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane: 1d4 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 18

Kramac will activate Broken Wing Gambit. AC will be 33(30 + 1 Animal Focus, +2 Combat Expertise, +2 Bodyguard, -2 Broken wing) for first attack, 35(30 + 1 Animal Focus, +2 Combat Expertise, +2 Bodyguard) for attacks 2-4, and 33(30 + 1 Animal Focus, +2 Combat Expertise) for all attacks after that

Mounted Combat if needed:
Ride: 1d20 + 19 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 19 - 3 = 18

AoOs from Broken Wing Gambit:

Kramac AoO #1, Flurry, Cobmat Expertise, Power Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane, Paired Opportunist: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 - 2 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 2 - 2 - 2 + 3 + 2 + 4 = 32
Damage, Power Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane: 1d4 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 18

Kramac AoO #2 from Fortuitous, Flurry, Cobmat Expertise, Power Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane, Paired Opportunist: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 - 2 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 2 - 2 - 2 + 3 + 2 + 4 = 27
Damage, Power Attack, Divine Favor, Freebooter's Bane: 1d4 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 17

Jino's AoO #1, Power Attack, Freebooter's Bane, GMF, Paired Opportunist: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 12 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 12 + 6 + 2 + 1 = 30

Jino's AoO #2, Power Attack, Freebooter's Bane, GMF, Paired Opportunist: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 32
Damage: 2d6 + 12 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 12 + 6 + 2 + 1 = 28

Dark Archive

Male LN Oread Druid 6 Hellknight Signifer 1 | HP 56/58 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Troll Form: Large AC 21+3 T 10 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F +9, R +5, W +13 | | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +7 | Speed 15 30 | Active: Shillelagh, DR10/adamantine (60/70), Ablative Barrier (25/40), Lucky Number (1), Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Barkskin | Constant: Combat Reflexes

On the previous round, Otto included Rhon and omitted Jino and Lonan in his Resist Energy spell. I've moved Rhon to within range.

If Seldanna will step 5' to the side, Otto will 5' step up and attack through the doorway.

Cold Iron Scythe, Bless, Freebooter's Bane: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 33 Less any possible penalties for cover or squeezing
dmg, Freebooter's bane: 2d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 10 + 2 = 17

Rhon will guard Otto against any unexpected attacks.

251 to 300 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM supervillan's Gameday VII 8-20 Torrent's Last Will All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.