Otimuragran's Tail (Inactive)

Game Master Me'mori

A spark of capability earned their passage into a unique school. Now, trained in the basics, they are sent out into the world to hone their skills.


51 to 68 of 68 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

The level of light is not enough for Dymitri to see any tracks here. Presently, only those with Darkvision or Low-Light are managing to see without a source of significant light.


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

"We should not delay. The caravan could leave without us if we don't return. I do not think resting is needed. We should continue our search for the shrine. Though this is tragic there is little we can do. Just be prepared and don't let ourselves end up the same way."


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3

"Then let us forge on through the dark of night."


There is little light let through the canopy of the forest outside of the clearing, and while the going can be difficult for those not able to see in the dark, it is not impossible. So the three of you set out again, following the general instructions of "Northwest".
_____________________________
Corpse examined, Campsite searched, setting out again, right?
Survival checks, please.


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

Yes setting out again

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Navigating the forest is no difficulty after a chance to cast about upon leaving the camp. With Dymitri leading the way, the three of you are well on your way to finding the location specified, but before then, all of you begin to be able to make out lights through the trees. It appears to be that of light that comes from the usual sources of light that used fire, and something else... The deep red glow is a beacon of sorts, letting you home in on the source quite easily if you wanted. While it does not permeate the area, it does seem to come from a source greater than the light of the torches that you can make out. The faint blues and purples you were seeing limning some fungus and trees does seem a bit more ominous in this light.


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

"I will approach. The two of you hide and await my signal to come all if whatever there is not hostile. If attacked back me up."

Assuming the other two agree Atsuko approaches the light and calls out as she does.

"Hello... I'm Atsuko Kakita. I come to pay homage at the shrine."

Also reminder. Leaving today on vacation. Won't be back until Monday to check in.


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Morcrug crouches down behind a tree and awaits Atsuko's signal.


Option to alter your options is available, Atsuko

Some details begin to resolve themselves as Atsuko gets closer to the clearing. For one, there appears to be a robed individual standing before the five stones that stand taller than a man. The light is coming from several torches they have mounted on poles, as well as some red glowing characters that seem to be written on the stone itself.

The stones themselves are arranged around each other such that they appear to stand at five points, though there appears to be nothing remarkable in the middle of the area inside of them but normal ground. There do seem to be weathered carvings on the stone, but they do not seem to be similar to the red glowing characters. Given the size and the weathering, it is possible that they have been there for a very long time.

The individual in the robe is holding a wide, shallow bowl, and has what might be a brush of some sort. Two others are standing behind them at attention, but something does not seem right about their attitudes to Atsuko. They seem less animated, less attentive.


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

Atsuko's hand moves to tsuka(hilt) of her blade adjusting it in her belt readying it to draw. She has no knowledge of what is going on but her angelic blood instinctively prepares her as the two guards if that is what the are seem to possible be undead.

"You there. What are you doing at this place? There is something off about you and this ritual. I ask you to speak or I will take action to stop you."

Sorry a week later then I attended. Connection issues at my wife's parents place for the holiday.


The individual in the robe stops mid-motion, their hand having been in the process of bringing the brush to the bowl almost reverently to turn their head in the direction of their interruption. "Oh?", their tone was not surprised or panicked. The face of an older human male, grey in his beard, gestured to Kakita casually. The two others turned their heads towards her, almost in unison. The two of them shared no traits, save for the vacant look in their eyes.

"It is late. Are you not tired?"
_______________________________________________
Will(12), or fall asleep per the spell, Atsuko.


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

Sleep has a casting time of one round. Are we rolling initiative since he is taking action against me?

"You will not weave magic against me unopposed wizard the battle is at hand."

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Round 1
Atsuko moves in swiftly drawing her blade and cutting into the two vacant looking men between her and the wizard.

Attack Tidal Blade: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19 Same attack roll used against both same damage to both.
Damage Slashing: 1d10 + 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) + (5) - 2 = 8

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"There is a wizard and they are casting magic at me. Aid me my friends." She call out to her companions.


M Half-Orc Stalker 1; HP 10/10|AC:15 /T:13 /FF:12|F:+2|R: +4|W:+5|Perception +7|CMB+1|CMD 14|Speed 30ft | Init +3

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Morcrug stalks along the edge of the battlefield, lining up a charge on the Wizard, weapon drawn.
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Dymitri draws his apothecaries staff and runs towards Atsuko.


Round 1

Atsuko bursts into action, a single drawing attack striking and felling the two vacant-eyed men that moved to take her prisoner. As they fell, the bearded man holding the bowl and brush grimaced as he tried again, looking somewhat cornered as things seemed to turn against him. He went to one knee as he moved to set the bowl and brush down, seeming to become sick as he regurgitated a veritable swarm of spiders before him.

________________________________
Initiative A: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Initiative B: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Initiative Order:
Atsuko, Bowlbrush, Morcrug, Dymitri, ??


HP 12/12 | AC: 18 /T: 14 /FF: 14 | Perc. +6 | F: +4 / R: +4 /W: +2 | CMB -1 | CMD 13 | Speed 30ft| Init. +6

So it seems we are doing theater of the mind which is fine but are we ignoring spell mechanics? He is using another full round spell. It took him all of round 1 to cast sleep. Summon Swarm would take all of round 2 and if I hit him it would be disrupted. There was no surprise round as we knew of each other and even if he had one he couldn't cast sleep. In a surprise round as its a full round spell.

Round 2

Atsuko shakes off the effects of the spell and watches as the man starts to weave magic. She moves forward to disrupt the magic.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (4) + (5) - 2 = 7 Concentration DC 19 to cast the spell.

51 to 68 of 68 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Otimuragran's Tail [T2] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.