rando1000's Mutants and Masterminds 2nd edition (Completed) (Inactive)

Game Master rando1000

Mutants and Masterminds 2nd edition, set in Freedom World (default setting for 2e). Characters will form their own beginning hero group.


801 to 830 of 830 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Having dodged the effects of Guardian's grenades, the speedster, dressed in silver and green, jumps into action, running at Stopwatch and throwing punch after super-speed punch. He fears Stopwatch's power over time.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
5d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 5, 6) = 24

Tesla's action, followed by Guardian.


Inactive

That puts me at -1, what should I do?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Theodore Lucas wrote:
That puts me at -1, what should I do?

If you spend a Hero Point, Stopwatch will drop to his knees, and fight off unconsciousness with great effort, coming back up to 3 HP (normally it's Con bonus HP, but I figure the minimum is 1, and since this is the last adventure, what the hell).


Inactive

Would be very cinematic, yes... but I just realized I have no hero points.

Stopwatch crumbles to the floor, blood starting to flow out from his mask.

Do I need to make a con save...?: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Stopwatch falls to the ground, unconscious.

I'll allow anyone with a Hero Point to lend it to Stopwatch, which will allow him to struggle back to consciousness the following round, in very dramatic fashion.

The Exchange

skills:
Bluff: (+5)***, Concentration 5, Diplomacy (+5)***, Gather Information +10***, Notice 10, Search 10, Sense Motive (+5)***, Stealth 2, Investigate 10***, Knowledge (Technology) 10***, Profession (Engineer) 6
Human | Init: +13 | F: +2 R+1 W+1 | Def: +0 Atk: +0/+5 | Tou: +10 | Dmg: HP: 36/40 |

Tesla's eyes go wide as Stopwatch falls under a flurry of super-speeded blows. "Nooooooooooooooooo!"

A mechanical ray pops out of his suit and attaches to his fore-arm. He swivels about switches his energy-ray from 'absorb' to 'provide' and a pleasing orange light leaps out and baths Theodore's form.

Alt power Healing at range for:
Healing: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 2, 5, 2) = 18

I think we all need more Con points. ^_^


Male Human Tough: +0/+0 Fort: +0, Ref: +0, Will: +0

On his turn,

Assuming when you said "both made their saves" meaning no longer under control.

Atticus switches tactics to rapid fire commands.

Fall! He yells at the speedster.

Command Control: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Mutant PL 6/86 pts, DR: 10, HP: 7/30, Fort: +2, Refl: +3, Will: +6, Notice +7, Hero Points: 1

Reaching out with his mind, Guardian grabs the marble man and swings him at the speedster like a giant hammer!

Telekinesis: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Strength: 25 Resisted roll? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Slam! 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Not sure if it would do his normal TK damage or damage based on the marble man's weight.
If needed: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) = 6


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

The speedster is "clipped" by Marble Man, but manages not to get squashed under the weight. He zips into the front door of the house at super speed.

Atticus still has control of the Martial Artist; he may issue a command as he chooses.

Tesla's healing ray has kept Stopwatch from passing out, so Stopwatch may stand and act normally this round.

At this point, werewolf Audrey charges toward Guardian and attacks.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
6d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 6, 4, 1, 6) = 20

Suddenly and for no explicable reason, flames erupt all around Telsa.

Reflex Save from Tesla

This effect basically mimics a Fireball; if you succeed in Reflex Save, take 1/2. If you fail, take full damage. As always, DR subtracts from the damage normally.
6d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 3, 4, 2) = 20

The Exchange

skills:
Bluff: (+5)***, Concentration 5, Diplomacy (+5)***, Gather Information +10***, Notice 10, Search 10, Sense Motive (+5)***, Stealth 2, Investigate 10***, Knowledge (Technology) 10***, Profession (Engineer) 6
Human | Init: +13 | F: +2 R+1 W+1 | Def: +0 Atk: +0/+5 | Tou: +10 | Dmg: HP: 36/40 |

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The flames engulf Tesla as his lack of mobility gives him no easy exit from the fire. But the heat crashes against his aegis field as the tide upon the ever-living rock, and a deepening frown is the only effect.

As the woman Audrey transforms and viciously attempts to maul Guardian, something inside Tesla seems to lock into place.

"I see now that I have been in error. I have played with you too softly, too gently. 'Tis only the lash of the whip that you people understand. Very well! 'Tis meat that you are taught this lesson by me, rather than allowed to persist, and so perhaps awake a force of greater import and more terrible cunning than myself.

So too, this is an opportunity. Few targets upon the planet can withstand the FULL POWER of my inventions. But you...you can take it.

You see...I live in a world of cardboard...."

The werewolf Audrey is thrown violently from the ground, the Earth rejecting her very footfalls.

Upon the apex, Tesla does not deign to keep her suspended, and the ground rushes up to reclaim her.

Thrown upward with Str 50. For every 5 steps above [Her weight = Heavy Load], that is one step up on the progression table. Hence, if she weighs 200 lbs (heavy load of Str 20), she is thrown upward 100 feet. ...that's fine if you want to cap the falling damage at the PL's max. =3


Inactive

Theodore gasps as the gravitons rapidly repair some of his damaged cells. It's the first time he's ever recognized himself as getting hurt. Seeing his freinds around him getting hurt more then they've been hurting the enemy, he risks giving out a quick healing burst. Between Tesla and his own efforts, he seems to have fully recovered, and stands up.

Mass Temporal Rewind: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) = 11


Male Human Tough: +0/+0 Fort: +0, Ref: +0, Will: +0

Atticus sends a strong compulsion to the marital artist to take on the werewolf. To use the fullest extent of his abilities to incapacitate her.

Besides that, he tries to keep out of the way.

If I have to roll, here's a flat 20: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Nicola Tesla wrote:
Hence, if she weighs 200 lbs (heavy load of Str 20), she is thrown upward 100 feet. ...that's fine if you want to cap the falling damage at the PL's max. =3[/ooc]

8d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 3, 5, 4, 1, 3) = 24

She slams back into the ground, but struggles back to her knees, shaking her head as if slightly disoriented from the whole thing.

As soon as she hits the ground, however, her martial arts ally goes running over, applying a full speed flying kick to her head.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

6d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 5, 3, 3) = 19


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Top of round...
Initiative Order:
Speedster (in house): 27
Tesla: 23
Guardian: 18
Stopwatch: 14
Werewolf Audrey: 14
Marble Man: 11
Atticus: 10
Martial Artist (controlled by Atticus): 10
Janus (position unknown): 10

The speedster...does a thing, you don't know what.

Tesla, Guardian and Stopwatch

The Exchange

skills:
Bluff: (+5)***, Concentration 5, Diplomacy (+5)***, Gather Information +10***, Notice 10, Search 10, Sense Motive (+5)***, Stealth 2, Investigate 10***, Knowledge (Technology) 10***, Profession (Engineer) 6
Human | Init: +13 | F: +2 R+1 W+1 | Def: +0 Atk: +0/+5 | Tou: +10 | Dmg: HP: 36/40 |

Ooof. Is Audrey still up?


Male Mutant PL 6/86 pts, DR: 10, HP: 7/30, Fort: +2, Refl: +3, Will: +6, Notice +7, Hero Points: 1

Did Stopwatch's "Mass Temporal Rewind" heal everyone? Because otherwise, Guardian is unconscious.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Nicola Tesla wrote:
Ooof. Is Audrey still up?

Conscious, yes. She'll be back on the move this round, potentially.

Reece Wells wrote:
Did Stopwatch's "Mass Temporal Rewind" heal everyone? Because otherwise, Guardian is unconscious.

I'm uncertain based on the wording, but since Guardian is near him and he used the word "Mass," I'm going to fiat that is in fact what happened. Guardian pulls himself to consciousness.

The Exchange

skills:
Bluff: (+5)***, Concentration 5, Diplomacy (+5)***, Gather Information +10***, Notice 10, Search 10, Sense Motive (+5)***, Stealth 2, Investigate 10***, Knowledge (Technology) 10***, Profession (Engineer) 6
Human | Init: +13 | F: +2 R+1 W+1 | Def: +0 Atk: +0/+5 | Tou: +10 | Dmg: HP: 36/40 |

"Oh my, this one -is- a tough nut to crack.

I've been wanting to try my phase blaster. Now seems like a good time."

He raises the futuristic-looking energy gun in his hand and takes a shot at the stunned and beleaguered werewolf.

Plasma gun Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Plasma gun Damage!: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3) = 11


Male Mutant PL 6/86 pts, DR: 10, HP: 7/30, Fort: +2, Refl: +3, Will: +6, Notice +7, Hero Points: 1

Guardian falls under the onslaught of the feral Werewolf, blood pooling beneath his shredded body. As Stopwatch's power restores him to the slightly less damaged state he was in moments earlier, he snaps back to consciousness. Shaking, he rises to his feet, the top part of his mask ripped away.

In the two black voids where his eyes should be, those nearby can see small points of light appear, then start whirling around.

"Enough! You think you can defeat me?!? You don't know who you are dealing with, I AM THE DESTROYER!" He shouts in rage as hurricane winds start gusting around him. The winds grow stronger and stronger, lifting rocks, trees, people! Everyone, friend or foe is caught in the whirlwind. In moments, even the roof of the house is torn free and everything inside not nailed down is tossed into the air!

Anyone with Knowledge (history, current events, popular culture) or is more than 25 years old:

About 16 years ago, the Destroyer was a super-villain who terrorized the east coast. He started with some petty crimes, but quickly became a serious threat by smashing in the side of the governor's house, sealing him in amber and parading his corpse around like a trophy while proclaiming himself the new Lord and Master of everyone. Causing mass destruction by dropping a huge yacht on the police station, throwing the national guard's tanks around the city and maiming or killing anyone who stood against him. As for superheroes, he turned the Bull's costume into hydrochloric acid, sealed the Blur in a frictionless globe and the less said about what he did to Ginormo the better...
He managed to evade capture by any of the A-level heroes and after about a year, disappeared.

He is using extra effort to raise the power level of his telekinesis to 7, then spending 1 Hero Point to add the area extra.
So, everything within a 35ft radius of him that weighs less than 1.5 tons is thrown violently into the air. Since he is right next to the house, that should lift a good portion of that as well.


Inactive

Being utterly ignorant of what's going on, who the Destroyer is or why Guardian would claim to be them, Stopwatch proceeds to do the logical thing and begin screaming. He's picked up and tossed in short order, loudly praying that the fall back down won't kill him.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Wolf Audrey roars angrily as Tesla's attack hits her, and leaps into the air at him. Unfortunately for her, it is that moment that "Guardian" reveals his dark history and heretofore unknown power levels, and she is swept up in the wind.

Guardian's attack rips off the front of the house, as well, which exposes the sorcerer Janus. Janus' quick thinking anchors him to the floor, mystically.

Marble Man grabs onto the house as he flies up; his weight is such that he finds it much easier to anchor himself against the wind. He spends his action pulling himself into the 2nd story and leaping through the side of the house, out of range of Guardian's power.

Atticus and Stopwatch, though in a precarious situation, may act this round. In fact, a Hero Point will allow you to grab onto the remains of the house or otherwise narrowly avoid Guardian's assault.

Guardian gets his Hero Point back for (melo)dramatic use of a Hero Point


Male Human Tough: +0/+0 Fort: +0, Ref: +0, Will: +0

Atticus points at Janus and verbally commands his martial artist.

"Boot to the head!"

So I'm in Guardian's field of effect?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Atticus Wells wrote:


So I'm in Guardian's field of effect?

Yes, Guardian's field is pretty large, and you were pretty close to him.

Still waiting on Stopwatch


Inactive

His action? Praying, mostly.

Stopwatch was very concerned about this situation, but even more confused about what he should do here. Was Guardian going turn coat, and he needed to stop him? Was this all a gambit and he's actually perfectly safe? Would he die from falling from this height? Many good questions and not enough answers. He decided he'd have to wait and see what's going to happen next, but prepared to heal himself if it looked like injurry was imminent.

his real action, readying his healing ability to go off on himself if he falls.


Male Human Tough: +0/+0 Fort: +0, Ref: +0, Will: +0

Attiucs will use his hero point (I think he still has one) but if unable, then he prioritizes his safety first ordering the martial artist to use its athleticism to save him.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Martial arts man manages to secure Atticus to a solid outcropping of the building.

At this point, the sorcerer Janus fires a blast of Mystical energy at Guardian.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Will Save
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d4 ⇒ 3

The energy saps Guarian's very soul (3 points of Wisdom damage).

Top of round, the speedster is basically out of targets, so he stays at a distance.

Tesla's action. Right now, most of the heroes AND villains are incapacitated by Guardian's whirlwind, either free floating or holding on for dear life. The speedster is visible a few dozen yards away, as is Janus.

The Exchange

skills:
Bluff: (+5)***, Concentration 5, Diplomacy (+5)***, Gather Information +10***, Notice 10, Search 10, Sense Motive (+5)***, Stealth 2, Investigate 10***, Knowledge (Technology) 10***, Profession (Engineer) 6
Human | Init: +13 | F: +2 R+1 W+1 | Def: +0 Atk: +0/+5 | Tou: +10 | Dmg: HP: 36/40 |

Tesla handels the life-size ping-pong of the whirlwind with some amount of aplumb. The flight of his Coil suit, and the learning that comes from many, many failed experiments with reverse-gravitons allowing him to remain in the air without fear or fail.

But his eyes go wide as he sees that Stopwatch has no such conditioning, and flies over, commanding the gravitons to reduce their jealous grip somewhat.

Using the soft-hand of reverse Gravity to give Stopwatch a soft landing.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Stopwatch now safely back on the ground, Guardian is free to continue his onslaught. Guardian is quite aware that Janus, who is outside the area of effect, has done mystical damage to him.


Male Mutant PL 6/86 pts, DR: 10, HP: 7/30, Fort: +2, Refl: +3, Will: +6, Notice +7, Hero Points: 1

The sudden chill that runs through the core of his being as a piece of his soul is sucked away shocks Guardian out of his rage. He shakes and almost topples over as the madness passes and his powers return to normal, the whirlwind slowing to a halt and raining debris over the area.

He turns to the sorcerer, steadies himself and charges. Reaching out as he reaches the front of the house, his hand slaps the floor of the porch. The wood becomes a glistening black substance beneath his grasp which quickly expands towards the spellcaster until it becomes a gooey pool beneath his feet and he begins to sink!

Spend Hero Point to avoid being fatigued from extra effort.
I thought you said previously that the sorcerer was inside his area of effect, as he mystically bound himself to the floor to avoid being swept away?

He will try to get close enough to the house to touch the floor and transform a section of it to liquid tar.
Entangle: Reflex DC: 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

The standoff reaches its climax as the heroes hold on for dear life against their ally, Guardian.

Suddenly, in the air above the mansion, The Freedom League (CAPTAIN THUNDER, DAEDALUS, DR. METROPOLIS, JOHNNY ROCKET, LADY LIBERTY, THE RAVEN and SIREN) appear.

The heroes make quick work of Janus and his cohorts, having already been limited by Tesla, Stopwatch and the others.

"So, 'Guardian'," comments Captain Thunder. "Glad you could put your 'great powers' to use," he says, knowingly, winking at the former villain.

Meanwhile The Freedom League and The Regulators finish up the battle, capturing both the cult leader Janus and his team of villains.

As AEGIS drags away the last of the villains, Captain Thunder notes, "It's good to know your team is here, protecting the midlands between Freedom City and Emerald City. Tesla, Guardian, Stopwatch, Hijack, I solute you!"

The team goes on to defend their home turf, St Louis and the lower midwest, against all enemies.

THE END

801 to 830 of 830 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Unexpected Heroes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.