Way of the Wicked by GM SnowHeart

Game Master SnowHeart

Link to Maps and Handouts
Loot Chart - Google Docs Spreadsheet

INIT Rolls:

[dice=Affyria]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Timo]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Daidalos]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Morthos]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Raven]1d20+7[/dice]
-------------------
[dice=Enemy]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Enemy]1d20+1[/dice]
Perception Checks:

[dice=Affyria]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Timo]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Daidalos]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Morthos]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Raven]1d20+11[/dice]


1,001 to 1,050 of 2,168 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

Happy 1,000!

Daidalos furrows his brow at the new sign. "Undead, perhaps? Or something that is incredibly hard to kill, like a troll? Does everyone have their fire and acid ready? This sounds like a fight, not a puzzle, if you ask me."


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT
Daidalos Icarum wrote:

Happy 1,000!

Woot!!!! :-)


Female LE devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 5 || hp 32/41|| AC 21, touch 11, flatfooted 20 || Perception +11, Sense Motive +18 || Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +9 || CMB +4, CMD 15 || Init +1 || Affyria appearance || Guard disguise

Affyria searches her memory about what Timeon said about the rooms. "Drowned men that rise when called. Sea zombies or something? Let's not call them then, though I assume it won't be as simple as that," she adds after a moment's thought.

After ensuring that everyone is ready, Affyria pushes open the door.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

This square stone chamber is lit by a small oil lantern hanging from the ceiling. There are two other doors leading out of the room: one on the west wall and another on the east. It has eight battered wooden coffins encrusted with salt brine, barnacles and seaweed.

Ill update the map later this morning.


HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

Knowledge (religion) (anything similar to sea zombies?): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
As Affyria pushes her way into the room, Daidalos stands back a little, one hand holding his crossbow, the other hand in the opening position for many of his spells.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

I'm assuming she's opened the door but has not entered.

Daidalos considers the scene before him. Brine. Sea water. The undead. What doesn't make sense is the coffins, but the other factors have him thinking of a draugr.


Female LE devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 5 || hp 32/41|| AC 21, touch 11, flatfooted 20 || Perception +11, Sense Motive +18 || Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +9 || CMB +4, CMD 15 || Init +1 || Affyria appearance || Guard disguise

"Whatever is in these coffins, let's not 'call' them," Affyria states with a grimace, fully expecting that it's not going to be as easy as that. Regarding the two doors leading out of the chamber, she adds, "Well this is definitely the way forward."

She steps into the room, eyeing the coffins warily. She tries to make as little sound as possible, and has a quick look around the room.

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

"Careful. I'm pretty sure there's Draugr in those coffins. They're resistant to fire, as well as to weapons like arrows and spears." Daidalos tells the others in a low voice, holding back until he's sure the room is clear.


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 18/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Depending on how much time we still have remaining (we did go through the dungeon complex quite fast, if I'm not mistaken), it might be a solid choice to take 20 every now and then to minimize the risk we step into a trap.

I'll roll a whole bunch of perception checks. Feel free to either assist or roll ones as well.

"Going by the text it is safe to assume that somewhere in here is a trigger that will wake them up. Let's make sure there are no traps in the floor and walls first before moving on to the coffins?"

He isn't done talking before he starts looking for any and all apparent dangers. Asturu holds his rapier in one hand and occassionally uses the tip to prod tiles and stones in his search for hazardous death traps. If anyone else joins him in his search, he waits with moving on to the next sector until they too are done searching the current area.

Perception traps on the first 10ft square from the doorway: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Perception traps on the middle of the room: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Perception traps on the 10ft square in the west, leading to the door: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Perception traps on the 10ft square in the east, leading to the other door: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perception traps on the 10ft square in the south: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
4, 4, 7, 7 and an 18.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

As Affyria and Asturu step into the chamber, Affyria's foot splashes loudly in a briny puddle and Asturu's rapier taps on the tiles. A low groan begins to emanate from one of the coffins, followed by another, then more still.

Round 1 -- Combat begins. Party wins Initiative. Villains, go!

GM Rolls:

1d6 ⇒ 4
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d6 ⇒ 3
---------------------
Inëlûkii: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Affyria: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Asturu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Price: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Timo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Daidalos: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
-------------------
Enemy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15


18/28 hp, AC 12 T 12, FF 10 bat: 16, 16t, 14f; F 7, R 6, W 4*, bab 2, melee 2, ranged 4; cmb 2 cmd 14; init +2; sonic blast rta 2d4+3, hero 3 | bloodmarked (werebat-kin) skinwalker vibrokineticist / 3 | image
skills:
acro 8, diplo 6, fly 8*, intim 5, know engrg 3, know local 8, ling 3, perc 7*, perform: sing 7, stealth 9, umd 7 | *+2 at night

Ineluki readies to attack the first thing to come out of a coffin...

to hit, sonic blast, rta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
dmg if hits: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

whatever comes out of the coffin seems to startle him and his aim isn't as sure as he'd hoped it would be.


HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

"Ah, damn it. I thought they were only supposed to come when called? So, let's see.... My crossbow is all but worthless against them, and.... Undead, that would be...."

Daidalos pulls out his spellbook and leafs through it. Coming on a particular page, his eyes glow momentarily and arcane energy spirals out of the words and into his hand.

Spending 1 arcane point to swap out ray of frost for disrupt undead


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female LE devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 5 || hp 32/41|| AC 21, touch 11, flatfooted 20 || Perception +11, Sense Motive +18 || Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +9 || CMB +4, CMD 15 || Init +1 || Affyria appearance || Guard disguise

Affyria curses, then moves to the coffin where the sound emanated from, and gets ready to mace whatever comes out of it...

Infernal:
"Asmodeus' balls!"

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 18/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

I assume the lids are still closed and .. we can't see them? If so,
from how many groaners are there? Eight, one in every coffin?


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

correct. Lids are closed. As for where the first sound came from, counting clockwise from top left...

1d8 ⇒ 6


Female LE devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 5 || hp 32/41|| AC 21, touch 11, flatfooted 20 || Perception +11, Sense Motive +18 || Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +9 || CMB +4, CMD 15 || Init +1 || Affyria appearance || Guard disguise

Moved Affyria. Time for a game of whack-the-mole?


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 18/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Asturu uncorks the tiniests of flasks and gulps down its content. The man's form shifts and a scent of spice fills the air as Asturu grows right in front of everyone's eyes. He then takes a central position in the middle of the room.

Standard action: use Enlarge Person extract.
Other: while still wielding his rapier, Asturu will opt for unarmed attacks thanks to Daidalos's warning that piercing attacks might not do much versus what is to come.

Enlarge Person effects:
+2 STR, -2 DEX, -1 AC/ATT from size, unarmed goes from 1D3 to 1D4, effective reach becomes 10 feet. Asturu has one AoO per round. Lasts 2 minutes.

Current AC: 14


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 5 | HP: 51/53 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/2, Touch of Corruption: 4/6 | Spells: 1st 2/2 CL: 4| Active conditions: None. | Image

Timo quickly moves into a position to where he hears the groaning.

Double move to behind Affyria


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

PCs' Actions:

Affyria: Readied Attack
Timo: Double Move
Asturu: Enlarge Person extract
Daidalos: Swap spell
Luke: Readied Attack
Price: ?
Grumblejack: Moves into the Room

As everyone makes the preparations and several prepare to attack, the groaning sounds increase in volume and several of the coffins begin to shake and tremble, the things inside banging on the lids. Grumblejack comes into the room as Asturu grows in size. The ogre looks at him a bit wild-eyed, "Grumblejack no know you do magic... You... you big as Grumblejack..." He seems tries to give Asturu as wide a berth as possible as he takes up position near the eastern door, weapon at the ready.

Nothing emerges/attacks this round. Begin Round 2; Villains, go!


18/28 hp, AC 12 T 12, FF 10 bat: 16, 16t, 14f; F 7, R 6, W 4*, bab 2, melee 2, ranged 4; cmb 2 cmd 14; init +2; sonic blast rta 2d4+3, hero 3 | bloodmarked (werebat-kin) skinwalker vibrokineticist / 3 | image
skills:
acro 8, diplo 6, fly 8*, intim 5, know engrg 3, know local 8, ling 3, perc 7*, perform: sing 7, stealth 9, umd 7 | *+2 at night

"We can handle these... too bad we don't have someone who can make them all allies.. .that would be sweet. In the meantime though, I need to get in there to blast them." Ineluki changes form to a bat again, seeing how cramped the room has become...


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 5 | HP: 51/53 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/2, Touch of Corruption: 4/6 | Spells: 1st 2/2 CL: 4| Active conditions: None. | Image

Before the room can erupt into chaos Timo calls out, "What do you think, open and crush them one at a time?"


HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

Daidalos scans the room, stepping into the doorway, and black motes of energy start to dance around his hand as he prepares to unleash his spell on the first draugr to show.
Disrupt Undead v Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d6 ⇒ 1

"Sorry, Luke. The undead aren't really my specialty. Hopefully I'll get the technique down soon, though. It would be useful."


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 18/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Grumble and I could technically sit down on two coffins .. but enough of that, focus on the fight that's to come.

Asturu readies himself and prepares to clubber any undead foolish enough to crawl out of their holes.

Can't do much at the moment other than wait :)


Female LE devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 5 || hp 32/41|| AC 21, touch 11, flatfooted 20 || Perception +11, Sense Motive +18 || Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +9 || CMB +4, CMD 15 || Init +1 || Affyria appearance || Guard disguise

"Sounds like a plan," Affyria nods to Timo, and she tests the coffin lid in front of her.

Affyria will try to carefully lift up the lid, test how easily it opens. If it takes more than a move action to open, she'll simply ready an attack again, otherwise she'll open it and whack whatever's inside.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

PCs' Actions:

Luke: Shift and move
Timo: Ready attack? - Need roll
Daidalos: Ready Spell - Hit
Asturu: Ready attack - Need roll
Affyria: Open and attack - Need roll
Price: ?
Grumblejack: Attack - Need roll

The party shifts and prepares for the seemingly inevitable. While the mechanical snakes bothered him quite a bit, Grumblejack seems almost giddy at the moment (at least when he isn't looking at Asturu).

Affyria is able to open the lid to the coffin with relative easy; it seems like it had already been knocked loose and was about to pop open anyway. A sodden corpse bursts upright with a wailing moan.

Affyria spends a move action to open the coffin and the draugr stands up. Daidalos's attack will hit. Everyone else, if they are in reach, needs to give me an attack roll. (I adjusted Affyria's location slightly so she is adjacent to the 6th coffin on the assumption we miscommunicated.)


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 5 | HP: 51/53 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/2, Touch of Corruption: 4/6 | Spells: 1st 2/2 CL: 4| Active conditions: None. | Image

As the creature pops out, Timo swings his Nodachi in a strong overhead arc.
PA: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 18/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Not quite used to this rather unwieldy size and the new proportions, Asturu swings his meaty fist in a rather clumsy manner at the undead.

Readied Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
My dice be praised!


Female LE devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 5 || hp 32/41|| AC 21, touch 11, flatfooted 20 || Perception +11, Sense Motive +18 || Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +9 || CMB +4, CMD 15 || Init +1 || Affyria appearance || Guard disguise

"Don't get up on our account!"

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

With a series of well-placed strikes, the draugr collapses almost as quickly as it rose, Affyria's mace finishing the job.

As it falls, another bursts from a coffin on the western wall.

Grumblejack eyes the fallen draugr, nods in approval, then readies an attack if one of the undead emerges near him.

One down. Round 3 begins; Villains go!


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 5 | HP: 51/53 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/2, Touch of Corruption: 4/6 | Spells: 1st 2/2 CL: 4| Active conditions: None. | Image

What kind of terrain are the coffins? Can I charge through them?

Seeing the next creature burst out, Timo whirls and throws himself headlong into battle, happy to finally have something to get his frustration out against. However, in his haste to throw himself into battle his strike is incredibly clumsy.

Charging? Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 1 + 2 = 8


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

I'd say they're rough terrain. There are the central paths (north-south/west-east) but the corners are rough terrain.


HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

Daidalos pulls up more motes of the strange white-black energy, spiraling around his hand before beaming out at the next draugr to rise.

Disrupt Undead, v. Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d6 ⇒ 6


Female LE devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 5 || hp 32/41|| AC 21, touch 11, flatfooted 20 || Perception +11, Sense Motive +18 || Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +9 || CMB +4, CMD 15 || Init +1 || Affyria appearance || Guard disguise

Affyria follows Timo, swinging her mace aimed at the draugr's rotting skull.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


GM Snowheart wrote:
I'd say they're rough terrain. There are the central paths (north-south/west-east) but the corners are rough terrain.

In that case ignore the charge, I'll walk ... not that it makes a difference in my pitiful attack :P


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 18/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Utilizing his new size, Asturu swings his meaty fist over the heads of his companions at the Draugr's stirring form.

Std action: attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
...


18/28 hp, AC 12 T 12, FF 10 bat: 16, 16t, 14f; F 7, R 6, W 4*, bab 2, melee 2, ranged 4; cmb 2 cmd 14; init +2; sonic blast rta 2d4+3, hero 3 | bloodmarked (werebat-kin) skinwalker vibrokineticist / 3 | image
skills:
acro 8, diplo 6, fly 8*, intim 5, know engrg 3, know local 8, ling 3, perc 7*, perform: sing 7, stealth 9, umd 7 | *+2 at night

Ineluki flits into the room and aims a sonic burst at the only visible draugr.

rta to hit: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5
dmg if hits: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

He SOLIDLY hits the side of the casket it came out of...


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

As the second draugr emerges, the party rains down attacks. Many miss, but Affyria and Daidalos's paired attacks make short work of it. Yet just as it crumbles back into its now shattered coffin, two more spring forth. Grumblejack swings at one of them (readied attack) but misses wildly.

Round 4, Villains Go!

GM Rolls:

Grumblejack's Readied Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 [ooc]I don't have his portfolio handy so the bonus might be wrong... but that's definitely a miss.[/dice]


HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

Now working with a practiced ease, Daidalos once again sends a ray of disrupting necromantic energy at the closer of the active draugr.

Disrupt Undead v Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d6 ⇒ 4


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 5 | HP: 51/53 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/2, Touch of Corruption: 4/6 | Spells: 1st 2/2 CL: 4| Active conditions: None. | Image

I think this time I can charge as the space I'm in is difficult but the spaces I'm moving through are not.

Timo continues his reckless attacks at the next coffin. "Can you guys just pick a spot instead of going back and forth," he grumbles as he swings.

Charging PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 + 2 = 26
damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Crit?: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 1 + 2 = 11
damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Female LE devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 5 || hp 32/41|| AC 21, touch 11, flatfooted 20 || Perception +11, Sense Motive +18 || Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +9 || CMB +4, CMD 15 || Init +1 || Affyria appearance || Guard disguise

Affyria moves to the other of the new draugrs, and slowly swings her mace around again.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 18/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Asturu locks on to Affyria's target and opts for a vicious kick, hoping that a change in style somehow forces success. But hope is for the weak, those without the means to enforce change and success through ability and skill.

Std action: attack the orange (top left) draugrhrr
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
.4.334.q349034q934qq


18/28 hp, AC 12 T 12, FF 10 bat: 16, 16t, 14f; F 7, R 6, W 4*, bab 2, melee 2, ranged 4; cmb 2 cmd 14; init +2; sonic blast rta 2d4+3, hero 3 | bloodmarked (werebat-kin) skinwalker vibrokineticist / 3 | image
skills:
acro 8, diplo 6, fly 8*, intim 5, know engrg 3, know local 8, ling 3, perc 7*, perform: sing 7, stealth 9, umd 7 | *+2 at night

cat on keyboard?

If either of the draugr are still alive, Ineluki will aim a sonic blast at it.

rta to hit: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 10
dmg if hits: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

PCs' Actions:

Daidalos: Ray - Hit
Timo: Attack - Hit, Not a Crit
Affyria: Attack - Hit
Asturu: Miss - nlai8wh4erak,sda
Luke: Sonic Attack - Hit
Grumblejack: Attack

The party springs to the attack and damages both of the draugr. Grumblejack joins in, swinging his greatsword but winds up banging the blade into the ceiling of the room. "Graaaah!"

The draugrs' dead eyes turn towards their nearest foes and they swing their greataxes. The one attacking Affyria swings wide, brine dripping from its sodden flesh, while the other lands a glancing blow against Timo's armor.

Two more draugr burst from their coffins.

Timo takes 5 points of damage and must make a DC 12 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round.

Villains, go!

GM Rolls:

Grumblejack Greatsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 - Jeez!!!! :-/
Draugr attacks Affyria: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 - Miss
Draugr attacks Timo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 - Hit
Damage to Timo: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 - The dice are kind to you!


HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

Disrupt Undead, Into Melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 = 141d6 ⇒ 1

Daidalos unleashes a ray of positive energy at the draugr he targeted previously (top left), striking it through the tangle of attacks it and Affyria were trading, but hardly disrupting its unlife at all.


18/28 hp, AC 12 T 12, FF 10 bat: 16, 16t, 14f; F 7, R 6, W 4*, bab 2, melee 2, ranged 4; cmb 2 cmd 14; init +2; sonic blast rta 2d4+3, hero 3 | bloodmarked (werebat-kin) skinwalker vibrokineticist / 3 | image
skills:
acro 8, diplo 6, fly 8*, intim 5, know engrg 3, know local 8, ling 3, perc 7*, perform: sing 7, stealth 9, umd 7 | *+2 at night

Ineluki blasts one of the new ones that is not in melee yet with a sonic blast.

to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
dmg if hits: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 18/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Asturu continues to assault the draughr that, so far, has successfully avoided his clumsy strikes.

Std action: attack top left draughr
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 5 | HP: 51/53 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/2, Touch of Corruption: 4/6 | Spells: 1st 2/2 CL: 4| Active conditions: None. | Image

Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"Gah!! They stink!" Timo grunts as he swings his sword back at the creature.

PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 1 = 11
damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Female LE devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 5 || hp 32/41|| AC 21, touch 11, flatfooted 20 || Perception +11, Sense Motive +18 || Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +9 || CMB +4, CMD 15 || Init +1 || Affyria appearance || Guard disguise

"Tell me about it, and I hate seafood!" Affyria yells as she dodges a swipe from the draugr, and aims another blow at its head.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

PCs' Actions:

Daidalos: Spell - Hit
Luke: Sonic Attack - Hit!
Asturu: Attack - Hit (half-damage due to piercing weapon)
Timo: Attack - Miss
Affyria: Attack - Hit
Grumblejack: Attack - Hit

A number of you concentrate attacks on the draugr to the northwest and steadily whittle away at the rotting flesh but he seems to resist the fiercest attack from Asturu, the enlarged rapier doing less damage than expected. To the east, Grumblejack swings at the draugr in melee with Timo and manages to hack its arm off and continues the sweep through the things chest and across its spine, dropping the undead back to the ground.

The draugr shamble forth in a counterattack, swinging their greataxes at the nearest villains. The ones attacking Affyria and Asturu miss while another blow lands against Timo, dealing significantly more damage than last time.

Timo takes 9 damage (before DR). And I need a fortitude save again, DC 12. Villains, go!

GM Rolls:

Grumblejack's Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) + 7 = 16
Draugr attacks Affyria: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 - Squeaked out a miss!
Draugr attacks Asturu: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 - Miss
Draugr attacks Timo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 - Hit
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


HP 30/30; AC 16/12/14; Saves +3 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will; Init +4; Per +4
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 2/8 Arcane Reservoir, 3 'Hero' Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 5;Current outfit, Base Appearance, Journal

Daidalos sends another ray at the draugr Affyria is fighting, hoping to finish it off, but his ray goes wide, harmlessly striking Affyria herself instead.

Disrupt Undead, Into Melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 11d6 ⇒ 6

1,001 to 1,050 of 2,168 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SnowHeart's Way of the Wicked All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.