The Horrors of Ranvargo (Inactive)

Game Master chubbs

Caravan.

NPC hunters Stats/PIC.

EVIL people PICS.

Renvargo


201 to 250 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

F Human pyrokineticist 2 / brawler 1

Grethel grunts and pushes herself up from the table.

"I'll go with you, brother dear."

Leaving her own gear in their shared room, she follows Hans.


@alex- the hot bath takes a few moments to prepare but they let you know when it is ready.

@Vort- you go to your room you see that the room is very Spartan with a large bed a side table and dresser. with a shared bathroom. and a chamber pot if you don't wish to use the community. Along with a pitcher of water.

@Hans and Grethel- you go the sheriffs office you see a deputy on the porch watching the road and town listening for anything. you walk up and as you get closer the deputy stands up and asks you your business and says "You look like your new in town, oh the sheriff wont like that. nope not at all. I'm Grady, can I help you?"


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

LOL. Both siblings went with intimidate for their social skills. Let's see how this goes...

From beneath the brim of his hat, Hans arches a brow at the deputy's asinine blathering. Be diplomatic. You're not allowed to shoot him. Start with his name. "Grady. This is my sister, Grethel, and I am Johannes Grim, an inquisitor of the Cleansing Flame. We've news your sheriff will want to hear; whether he finds it pleasing or not is irrelevant."


Female Human Cleric / 3 | HP: 24/24 AC: 16/10/16 CMB: 0 CMD: 10 | Init: +0 Per: +4 | Saves: F: 4 R: 0 W: 6 (+2 on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects)

Alexandria will take her time eating her stew and drinking her ale while she waits for the bath. When it is ready, she will ask for a large glass of wine to drink while she soaks in the tub.

When her fingertips start to get wrinkly from the water, she will get out, dry off, dress and head up to whatever room she's been assigned.


F Human pyrokineticist 2 / brawler 1

"And I've never found newness to be a prerequisite for villagers liking each other," Grethel chimes in.


Male Human (Kellid) barbarian (mooncursed) 3 | AC:17 T:11 Fl:16 | HP: 37/37 | F+5 R+2 W+3 | Init +1 | Perc +6

Vort tosses his gear in the corner and spreads his tokens to Desna throughout the room until he feels comfortable with their arrangement.

He peers out the window to the dark sky flickering with stars overhead and relaxes with thoughts of the Song of the Spheres floating through his head.


@hans and Grethel- the deputy shrugs and tells you to go inside, once you enter the place you see two small cells off to the side. and a stairwell that leads to a second story. a desk and a small kitchen make up the rest of the main room. one gentleman in leather armor with a longsword strapped to his side stands up. and says "Whats your business?, you look like outsiders.. you better not be hear to cause trouble. I'll need to report you to the prison."

@alex- you relax in the hot bath with a mediocre glass of wine thinking about the evening and the travel here.

@vort- after I little bit on time by yourself Zokar comes over and shares a glass and tries to gossip about town and why your here.


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

Now both of Hans's brows are arched. He stares at the sheriff for a moment, then switches to an expression of exaggerated patience, turns his gaze to Grethel, "Do you want to explain to the Lord Sheriff how we work with the professor and capture monsters to put into their menagerie or should I?"


the sheriff shakes his head after Hans pops off. "Now, Now, you get me wrong. Come here." he pulls out a chair for hans to take a seat and motions for grethel to do the same. "Would you like a drink?" he also asks when he holds up a flask.


F Human pyrokineticist 2 / brawler 1

"What's the point? This looks like one of those who'd much rather throw the children he's supposed to be protecting to the monsters than actually take care of them," Grethel responds. [b]"I'm guessing he won't even care that there are a couple werewolves out there, and won't bother telling his villagers or doing anything to make sure they're safe. As long as he can sit safely in his little chair and let others -- like us -- deal with the problems behind his office walls."


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

Hans is about to decline the sherrif's offer of the flask (as politely as he is able) when Grethel mentions the werewolves. Right to the point. Now we'll get a proper measure of the man.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 bleh. "about 5'10", 170 pounds, late thirties..."


Male Elf Ranger-Trapper/Freebooter 3 | HP: 27/30 |

The muscle bound and long limbed elf made his way through the streets of the city after leaving the professor's abode. Looking through the dim blanket of night his elven vision caused the city's silhouette to flicker like a translucent mirage.

Keeping to the center of the streets he whistled while he took a mental note of his surroundings. "Seven years and this city has changed so much, these humans never cease to amaze me with the speed at which they alter their surroundings." Turning toward the Inn he entered the establishment with a beaming smile.

"Hello my friend," he called to Zokar, he made his way to the Innkeeper as he briefly scanned the room for any pleasant looking ladies. Then he continued with a playful jest as he embraced the old acquaintance. "It has not been nearly long enough, I still have the taste of your burned apples in my mouth."

After exchanging pleasantries and a few stories with Zokar, Llanofiss meandered into the patrons drinking and dining around him. Looking around he tried to make a new friend and possibly get a free room for the night while he was at it.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


@llano- Zokar laughs back "well Elves are never known for there taste in food, why do you think they are so skinny."

@Hans and Grethel- the Shriff looks up and scowls after gethels remarks. "Ya, and I'm sure you "adventures" never know what its like to take care of people or be accountable for your actions, from what I hear it takes a special kind of person to leave all their responsibilities and family to try to get lucky to find their fortune rather than hard work." the sherrif says after Grethels retort. then continues raising his voice as he goes, "Look I don't care who you are, the world is full of idoits already. But what I DO care about is this town, so I don't need this holier than thou attitude missy, but you have to know I wouldn't LIKE armed people to just come into town where some of the most dangerous prisoners in the region are held. Strangers like you, that I don't know personally. You think that people don't come here all the time to break people out. Currently there is a cult in the area that wants its leader back that is locked up causing trouble already, and now your criticizing me saying that I wouldn't care if there are creatures in the woods when its the first I've hear of it." the sheriff stands up holding his weapon at his belt. "Now, your going to tell me about these creatures, and then your going to tell me where you are staying while I check out your relationship with the professor. because I tried to be diplomatic, but that moment has now past. If you don't tell me you are going to jail." you see that the sheriffs yells cause four other deputies to come down the stairs and through the open door.

(sense motive = you can tell you have royally pissed off the sheriff questioning his integrity.)


Male Human (Kellid) barbarian (mooncursed) 3 | AC:17 T:11 Fl:16 | HP: 37/37 | F+5 R+2 W+3 | Init +1 | Perc +6

Vortigorn welcomes the diversion of momentary chatter with Zokar.

"I work for the Professor. But I come for the hunt. I seek a great beast. A beast of many forms. Man. Wolf. Bear. It has slain many of my people. I will take its head and put the restless spirits of the lost warriors to rest..."


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

Hans seems largely unperturbed by the sheriff's outburst, though respects the sense the sheriff actually cares about the villagers. "Preliminarily, sheriff, other than disliking the manner in which we've spoken to you, you have no legal basis on which to detain us. Unless 'the sheriff's displeasure' is now a crime. Second, if you want to jail an inquisitor of the church of the Cleansing Flame when he and his companion have simply come -- voluntarily, I might add -- to tell you about problems in your forest, and that you would haul them on trumped up charges, you must realize there will be consequences for that. Third, you are the second person associated with your constabulary to question OUR integrity based solely on our relative newness to town. So please, do not profess to have taken the high road with us."

Hans crosses his arms deliberately, keeping them away from his weapons but not betraying a bit of fear or nervousness. He stares flatly at the sheriff, unmoved.

"Now then. You've questioned our integrity. You want to know more about what we literally came, voluntarily, to tell you before the introductions? Stop threatening us, let's sit down, and talk like we all care about what happens to these villagers."

Im not sure if that's diplomacy, intimidate, or a bit of both. Honestly I generally see Hans's intimidation as not the sort of typical outright "help us or I'll kill you" that results in a massive penalty to the relationship afterwards, but more of a "you really would do better off with us as your allies (many things left unsaid)" kind of thing. Doesn't have to be a friendly relationship.


Male Elf Ranger-Trapper/Freebooter 3 | HP: 27/30 |

Lifting his glass of wine Llanofiss approached Vort with a nod of understanding. "We will continue the hunt my friend, with skill and tenacity the spirits will find peace. Ahh it's good to take a little break though, no?"

"I do need to speak to you though Vort, I was with the professor earlier and he told me there have been some issues with the Splatterman up at the prison lately. I promised him we would go and check it out in the morning. Be up bright and early. With that said I will take my leave, it has been a long and dusty road."

Smiling at his friend the elf raised his glass of wine briefly and slowly made his way to the bar where he grabbed a cheep bottle of wine while dropping two gold for Zokar.

Slipping upstairs to the rooms he made his way over to Hans and Grethel's room, there he looked around to make sure the coast was clear. Once he was sure there was little motion he knelt down and began to pick at the lock

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Slipping into the room he dropped a note on the table, a small set of trees sketched on the front and addressed to Hans and Grethel.

Note for Hans and Grethel:
"The professor has asked us to investigate some mad raving from the Splatterman in the prison. Be ready first thing in the morning to go investigate. There is no rest for the wicked."

He turned back out to the hallway and locked the door behind himself.
Moving forward he slid over to Alex's door. There he once again knelt down and began picking at the lock.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Slipping inside the room he lit a few candles and dropped a bit of cinnamon oil into them to give a slightly sweet aroma. He opened the bottle of wine after giving himself a thorough spit bath. Turnings he waited, with the two glasses of wine full, for the rooms occupant to return.


F Human pyrokineticist 2 / brawler 1

Grethel sneers, her hot comments cut off by Hans'.

Still, she can't resist a harsh laugh.

"Leave our families? I'm with my family," she barks, nodding at her brother. "The rest of them left us. Tried to give us to a witch, in fact."

She pauses for a moment, to let the sheriff respond.

"And maybe you'll notice I'm not carrying any weapons?" she says as a final jab.


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

Hans's lip twitches a bit at the mention of their family, but it turns into the slightest of grins as Grethel mentions her lack of manufactured weapons. Whether he agrees with his sister's approach of heated confrontation with the sheriff or not, he keeps that to himself. In a choice between undercutting Grethel in public versus offending the man's overinflated sense of self-importance, he'd choose the latter every time. It was people like this who'd turned their backs on the siblings when they were children. He wasn't going to kowtow to one now.

Social Roll (+8 intimidate, +1 diplomacy; GM's call): 1d20 ⇒ 14


ill post on the responses later but I want to remind Llano and Alex. please keep it PG-13, or a fade into the background. if something happens. please.


Male Human (Kellid) barbarian (mooncursed) 3 | AC:17 T:11 Fl:16 | HP: 37/37 | F+5 R+2 W+3 | Init +1 | Perc +6

Vort nods at Llano.

"Yes. My axe will be ready!"


@hans and Grethel- You hear a faint clicking as several pistols being cocked back as you see several deputies welding firearms at your statement. The sheriff looks like he is about to give the order to fire and be damned with the consequences. he then slowly starts to smile,"Actually "Sheriff's displeasure" is number one on the list to get thrown in jail, Son. So I wouldn't push it, But I think we understand each other a little bit better now." he motions for the others to lower their weapons. "Chase, Gregor, you stay; the rest can leave. Now young lady please sit, then answer my questions."the sheriff then sits and offers a drink again. You see that Chase leans up against the door covering the escape, and Gregor goes across the room to be at another area. it appears that the deputies and sheriff are extremely well trained and disciplined. Somewhat beyond what you would expect in such small town.

1. "Now what is your association with the professor?"
2. "What are your names"
3. "How do you know about the creatures in the woods"
4. "You here to help any of the prisoners?"
5. "How many do you have with you."

If you lie about anything you will need a bluff check.


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

Hans is a rock while the deputies cock their pistols. Between his faith in Sarenrae, the righteousness of his cause, and his assessment of the sheriff, he is truly not worried. Still, he can't help but think less of the bunch by their trigger-happy posturing.

Typical... Practically a gang of thugs but with an imprimatur of respectability. Yet the sheriff seems not so daft as to let this escalate. And when things do not, he simply tips the brim of his hat to the sheriff before taking a seat. As to the offer of a drink, "I don't drink..." Be diplomatic. "But, thank you for the offer."

He takes off his hat and rests it in his lap. A few scars line his face and neck, but his dark bangs--freed from their confines by the hat's removal--fall and cover most of them.

"As I told your deputy, Grady, this is my sister, Grethel Grim, and I am Johannes Grim. We are part of a group of... you call us adventurers, but a more accurate phrase would be monster hunters. We don't quest for gold and treasure. We've been working for the professor and his colleague the doctor for several years along with three others: a priestess of Pharasma, an elven ranger, and a Kellid." Hans figures he doesn't need to explain the Kellid is a barbarian; it would be redundant.

Handing over to Grethel for the rest.


F Human pyrokineticist 2 / brawler 1

"What my dear brother said," Grethel continues, glowering a bit at the guards. "We were attacked by one of the creatures in the woods as we transported her two sons here for imprisonment. She freed our two though we took the head off one of them during the attempt. Still, there are two more out there and they may not be inclined to leave, like they should...

"As for your current prisoners, the only help any of us might offer them is to reach Pharasma's judgment, but that's just for those who escape our more ... civilized ... punishments here. There are eight of us, and we're willing to continue fighting these monsters and bring them to justice."

I think I got that number right; if not, she says whatever the number actually is.


my post is delayed.... until Monday.


The sheriff takes all this in, and says "I'm ok with the help, the gods only know that we need it. however I ask that as a curtesy you don't break any laws of the land, and that you try your best to keep us informed. have care in the northern woods. that is where we have seen unusual occurrences and run ins with a element trying to free their leader in prison."


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

"The northern woods. Good to know. Two things before we go, sheriff. You say this cult is trying to free its leader. Who is that, precisely?" And after the sheriff answers that, Hans says, "Honestly, I imagine the professor will want us to explore that. But in a related note about being careful and sharing information, if you hear anything that may be related to these werewolves, please let us know. I'm sure you don't want us getting in your way of protecting the village but, as we just established, Grethel, our friends and I aren't as...moored to this town as you. We may be able to hunt them down while you're otherwise occupied. I assure you, our only interest is seeing an end to their predations." Hans will provide a description of the surviving brother to help.


Male Human (Kellid) barbarian (mooncursed) 3 | AC:17 T:11 Fl:16 | HP: 37/37 | F+5 R+2 W+3 | Init +1 | Perc +6

Meanwhile.

"Zzzzzzzzzz.....


Female Human Cleric / 3 | HP: 24/24 AC: 16/10/16 CMB: 0 CMD: 10 | Init: +0 Per: +4 | Saves: F: 4 R: 0 W: 6 (+2 on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects)

Not knowing (or caring at this point) what the siblings may be signing them up for, Alexandria finishes off her wine and her bath and then heads up to her room for some rest.


F Human pyrokineticist 2 / brawler 1

Grethel nods in agreement with her brother.

I'm ready to head to bed afterward if nothing else happens...


I was waiting to see how alex would react to llano post, I guess she ignores him lol.


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

After finishing with the sheriff and they're out of earshot, Hans tells Grethel he's going to the church to pray then will return to the inn.

At the church, Hans spends about an hour in prayer to Sarenrae, asking for forgiveness for his pride and anger, for wisdom to take the right path, and the opportunity to pass the irredeemable on to their final judgment.

He then returns to the inn, asks for a bath to be drawn, and settles in for the night. When he finds Llano's note, he is not amused by the padfooting into his room but knows the elf doesn't mean anything by it.


Female Human Cleric / 3 | HP: 24/24 AC: 16/10/16 CMB: 0 CMD: 10 | Init: +0 Per: +4 | Saves: F: 4 R: 0 W: 6 (+2 on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects)

Hah! I never even read all of his post since he was leaving a note for the two other group members. Guess I should go back and address that. I was totally confused by your earlier post of fading to black...

A bit light headed from both the wine and the hot water, Alexandria makes her way back up to her room. Opening the door, she is a bit surprised to see that it is already being occupied by someone. She takes a moment to look over the room and figure out what Llano is up too. Then she takes another moment to think of any better offers in town for the night. Coming to a conclusion she locks the door behind her and sits down to have another glass of wine.

We can leave out the pillow talk for now and fade to black...

Also know that Alex may deny this ever happened.


Throughout the night the whole party sleeps well. several dream about werewolves and the encounters you had, one dreams of glorious battles yet to happen. Another dreams of love.....

The next morning you all meet downstairs to have breakfast. Zokar cooked a wonderful meal of Eggs and Bacon. while Llano tells of what the professor said.


Male Elf Ranger-Trapper/Freebooter 3 | HP: 27/30 |

Llanofiss smiles as Alex enters the room, he passes the glass of wine over after she throws the latch on the door and says with a sly and knowing smile. "Tell people what happened? With that he pulls her into a firm but comforting embrace....

The next morning Llano is one of the first people up and about, stealthily slipping through the hallway and downstairs. After freshening up with a bath and change of clothes he takes a seat at the largest table downstairs and waited to greet his friends with a personalized greeting as they came down as well

Vort:

"Up and at'em my friend" he calls out to Vort as he enters.

Alex:
"What a beautiful morning wouldn't you say?" he calls out to Alex with a very subtle wink, that just she can see.

Hans+Greth:
"The gods have somehow blessed Zokar and made his food edible this morning, please come and try some." he encourages Hans and Grethel as they descend the stairs.

Once everyone is there the tall muscular elf tries to answer any questions they might have over what the professor told him last night about 'The Splatterman'.


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

Hans begins the day with his normal ritual of waking up with the sunrise and in prayer to the Dawnflower and the rising sun. He knows he is part of the faith-militant in worship of a goddess whose principle interest is that of the redemption of souls. The approach he and others within his sect take borders on the iconoclastic, focusing on a section of the holy text discussing the irredeemable and truly lost. He continues to pray for guidance and strength such that he is not tempted into the wickedness of those he hunts and that he recognizes opportunities for redemption--and grants them.

His prayers concluded, he gets dressed, thankful for last night's bath, and arrives in the hall. Fortunately, prayer leaves him in a good mood so to Llano's greeting he smiles, leans over and whispers, "Next time, just slip the note under the door, okay?" He pats Llano's back to indicate that truly no harm has been done, then sits in front of his plate of eggs and bacon, grinning, "This looks edible... Not an herb in sight. Zokar! Good job keeping the elf and his back of magic roots away from this!"

He eats the breakfast, listening intently to Llano's account of the Splatterman, then says, "I wonder if this has anything to do with the cult the sheriff mentioned." He recounts what the sheriff said, noting there may be activity in the northern woods they should investigate.


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

Hans looks around anxiously, then breathes into his hand and sniffs. Nope. Not my breath. Was it something I said?. ;-)


Perception DC 15:
you see one of the deputies come in the inn to get breakfast. one of the ones you met last night named Chase.

Crissa comes down appearing to be all cleaned up. and says "Alex you look somewhat tired why don't you stay at the inn. and Gethel you mind watching her to make sure see is ok, while me, Vort, Hans, Illano go meet the professor and go to the prison. and then yall just catch up later when you are rested. " (that should help Gethel and Alex this weekend while busy.)


Male Human (Kellid) barbarian (mooncursed) 3 | AC:17 T:11 Fl:16 | HP: 37/37 | F+5 R+2 W+3 | Init +1 | Perc +6

Vortigorn's eyes instinctively snap open at the break of dawn. He glances out to see the fading purple veil of night slowly rolling back to allow the new day to rise.

He stretches his limbs and cracks his neck to try to relieve an annoying twinge. Vort checks his gear and then leaves his room to hit the streets below.

After a brisk jog around town, Vort returns to the inn. He follows the enticing scent of a fresh cooked breakfast into the main hall. Vort claps a meaty hand on Llano's back as he settles into a seat at the table.

The barbarian minces few words as he digs into the steaming plate of meat and eggs. His freshly worked sweat makes a small puddle on the floor beneath the oblivious barbarian.

Vort listens intently as he eats. He takes in the discussion of the prison and the cult with an occasional nod, grunt and chortle between bites.

Vortigorn pushes away his third plate and rises. He stretches his arms overhead and twists his back before settling his gaze back on his comrades.

He slams his fist into his palm.

"Enough talk. Vort is ready. We hunt!"


Male Human (Kellid) barbarian (mooncursed) 3 | AC:17 T:11 Fl:16 | HP: 37/37 | F+5 R+2 W+3 | Init +1 | Perc +6

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20.


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Hans is really into his food... or something.

Hans finishes his own breakfast, smiles and nods to Crissa's advice, then stands and goes with the group to meet with the professor.


F Human pyrokineticist 2 / brawler 1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Grethel, never the most talkative at any time and certainly not in the morning, nudges her brother, jutting her chin toward the guard.

She grunts at Crissa's suggestion, glancing at Alex and nodding as she tucks into her food with far more willingness than her twin brother.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Vort- you notice that one of the patrons as you leave to go towards the Professors house also gets up and follows your group down the street.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

The professors house is a two story affair with white washed wood siding. a large open patio covers and wraps around the house. A little under disrepair you can see that several spots might need work but it still a imposing house. As you get close you see the professor, and the Doctor come out of the house. (you have no idea where Togar is currently, and half of yall haven't met the professors daughter Kendra.)

the professor comes out and gives warm welcomes to everyone including hugs. or simple hand claps depending on what your characters would consider appropriate.

@Alex and Grethel- yall can join or not anytime depending on your availably this weekend. but I thought it would give a easy out for a few days.


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Even with Grethel's warning, Hans loses sight of the deputy quite quickly. He does mention it, however, to Vort, Llano and the professor. "Before we left the Inn, Grethel mentioned one of the sheriff's deputies is following us. I'd say we should invite him in, but I don't see him any longer." He shakes the professor's hand with more than his usual warmth--his morning prayers always leave him in a warm mood--before adding somewhat chagrined, "Grethel and I went to see the sheriff last night. We found an understanding but the conversation started...uh, roughly."


F Human pyrokineticist 2 / brawler 1

I don't think he was following us, but rather getting breakfast. (Not sure if you looked at the spoiler, Hans.)


Human Male Gunslinger (1) / Inquisitor (2) | AC:18 T:13 Fl:15 | HP: 22/24 | F+6 R+5 W+5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +8
Conditions:
none
Pistol Modifiers:
Pistol Range Increment: 20' (-2 to attack per increment); Point Blank Shot: +1 att/dmg within 30'; Studied Target: +1 att/dmg

My assumption could be totally wrong, but I associated that with the subsequent stealth check that GM Chubbleston made in his last post.


Male Human (Kellid) barbarian (mooncursed) 3 | AC:17 T:11 Fl:16 | HP: 37/37 | F+5 R+2 W+3 | Init +1 | Perc +6

Vort nods and motions almost imperceptibly with his eyes to the figure following behind them.

"We are followed still..."


F Human pyrokineticist 2 / brawler 1

Grethel grinds her teeth as she waits, finally deciding to approach the deputy.

"Chase, was it? A little breakfast to start the day? Or are you already at work and here on some other business?" she asks him.

OK, back to normal posting, I think. I'll join the others shortly.


"excuse me milady " as you see the guard get up and walk out of the place. shortly after the others leave.

@gethel- I guess you could easily follow Chase that way you would be with the group if anything happens.

(I posted this because I reread my post. Chase is the one following yall I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear.)


F Human pyrokineticist 2 / brawler 1

Ah, sorry. I definitely misunderstood.

Grethel growls quietly and follows after the guard, and thus her brother and companions. She makes no particular effort to be discreet about it, though she does cast a quick glance toward Alex to make sure the Pharasmin knows what she's doing.


Female Human Cleric / 3 | HP: 24/24 AC: 16/10/16 CMB: 0 CMD: 10 | Init: +0 Per: +4 | Saves: F: 4 R: 0 W: 6 (+2 on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects)

Alex shrugs and follows Grethel, either to rejoin their companions eventually or to just try and keep the other woman out of trouble.

201 to 250 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Horrors of Ranvargo All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.