The Faceless GM's Irrisen: The Realm of Winter Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master kamenhero25


951 to 1,000 of 2,189 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

"Yes. Well. Um. Some of the bandits were sick. And you know the thing about sickness. It spreads. And it spread to to of us. Not me, though. I'm not sick. But Morgraine and Inire are. Could you help them?" he says, fidgeting at the door while the woman tends to the injured man. "I can pay you if you need it."


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

"A disease? What kind of illness? I can probably do something, but the materials I would need depend on the sickness." She ducks behind the counter and brings out a healer's kit and a few vials. "I suppose it might be faster just to examine them. Are they still at the inn? And are you sure no one else is ill? I'll have to go see those bandits too, won't I?" She sighs, realizing that her day just got very busy.


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

"Nobody else is. I've got a rash on my stomach from where an ice monster punched me but I don't think that's related," says Eirikr, scratching at his chest from where he had been injured. "If you need anything, I can try to find it. If you need something from the woods. I can find stuff there. You don't have to help the bandits, though. I wouldn't, if I were you."


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

"I'll take a look at that later. It's probably nothing major, but it never hurt to check." She grabs her kits and comes over to the door. "And perhaps those bandits don't deserve my help, but if this illness is fatal, it would be against my morals to allow them to die when I might be able to save them. Now, take me to your friends."


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

Eirikr shrugs his shoulders at the healer's insistence that she check the bandits as well. As long as she didn't try to negotiate with them he really didn't care. He leads her in the direction of the direction of the inn, bringing her to Morgraine and Inire; he's not really sure where the bandits are, and even if he did they wouldn't be a priority.


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

Evelyn would try to set up a kind of quarantine in the tavern for Mouse and Morg if they approved, she didn't have any way to really help her sick friends so she'd do what she could to keep the comfortable and entertained while they awaited proper medical attention.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Tessaraea arrives at the Silver Stoat and crosses the room to see the two disabled women. She quickly feels their foreheads and examines their eyes and mouths. She shakes her head. "Someone get me some cool towels, they're both burning up. Now, you were infected with this only a day ago, right? That's a rather fast onset time. Where there any signs of anything strange there? Few natural diseases have an onset of less than twenty-four hours."


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

Evelyn goes to fetch the towels and bring them to the healer before she heads into the basement that holds the prisoners to question the necromancer."What are your men sick with?"


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

Going a bit fast here to catch up with Eirikr's narrative...

Tiferet quickly makes her way out of the Silver Stoat right on Eirikr's heels. It doesn't take her long to reach the Erastilian chapel where she and Nathara had met Elder Natharen before leaving for the ambush site. It seems so much more than just three days ago.

Upon entering the shrine, she warmly greets the priest (or kneels down in prayer as she waits for him to materialize). "I'm sorry to bother you at such an early hour, Father" she says. "We meant to depart for the Border Wood first thing in the morning, but it appears two of our number have fallen sick. If there's anything you can do to speed up their recovery, we would be most grateful" she pleadingly asks.

"It pains me to say it, but every hour Inire and Morgraine spend fighting the illness, is an hour more the portal potentially stays open" she adds quite demurely, as if she were reluctant to bring up that particular point. And yet, in her heart she knows that it's true. After witnessing their capabilities, she couldn't think of embarking in such a dangerous quest without Morgraine's powers by their side... or Inire's graceful hopping through the snow, as silent in her scouting as she is deadly with her blade.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 asking for a favour... Though Remove Disease is a 3rd level spell, so probably out of his reach, he might be willing to perform some Treat Disease Heal checks?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Inire's response is mostly protestation. That she isn't -that- bad, that she's fine, that the others should stay safely away from her... but the protestations are mostly useless, because the former isn't true and the latter isn't happening.

Inire looks to the woman when she asks if there were anything supernatural involved... and cocks one eyebrow. "Snowing in the late spring. Fey everywhere. There was a dragon thing. They mentioned a troll, and had creatures formed of ice, and skeletons covered in rime. The only two of us that are sick are Morgraine and myself... I made sure that all of the sleeping bandits stayed asleep, and... she woke them back up." her mouth tugs downwards as she realizes the probable cause of Morgraine being sick.


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

"It is chillbane fever." Morgraine says softly. "The winter came from Irrisen, so did the sickness.


[img] [sheet] Female Elven Tiefling Spelldancer 3 / Mythic Champion 1 HP: 32 AC: 17 Touch: 13 FF: 14 CMD: 18 INI: +3

When Nathara eventually wakes up - she didn't really sleep that long, since despite all the hardships the challenges ahead and the death of the past few days are haunting her. She merely mumbles a short excuse to Tiferet; she needs some time for herself, or at least without any but elven company, and will be back before the sun is all too far past the zenith.

Following a little river to a secluded location she not only prepares her spells, but meditates as spell dancers meditate: She dances. Dances until all and everything within and without herself becomes part of the dance and all thoughts beyond the dance completely evaporate. When the dance ends, she smiles and when she walks back her mind is fresh.

"Chillbane fever?" she asks as she rejoins the others. Looking from one to the other to see who is being talked about. "We... how can we cure it? What about the sick captives we have made? Maybe you should lay down and keep yourselves warm."


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

The priest seems to have joined his wife in her morning prayers to the Dawnflower and is in the main room of the temple when Tiferet makes her entrance. "Good morning Miss... Tiferet, correct? Do you require something before you depart?" He listens to her story, then simply nods his head. "Yes, I'm capable of curing most illnesses with my gods' power. Come, I'll take a look and hopefully I'll be able to be of some help." He speaks with his wife for a few moments, then heads off to the Stoat with Tiferet. He arrives as Tessaraea is already examining the two women and quickly joins her.

"I meant any signs of supernatural symptoms on the men," the alchemist said with a roll of her eyes. "You know, things that an ordinary disease can't possibly cause."

Both the cleric and the apothecary look lost. "Never heard of it," Tessaraea says after a moment. "If it's from Irrisen, then I have to assume that the bandits caught it from someone they encountered among those fey. I can give you some fever reducers and try to relieve the symptoms, but I can't cure a disease I've never seen before."

Natharen shakes his head. "I believe I can cure it, but there's a matter of this illness's... odd origins. I believe I require a focusing component to purge it properly. And such items cost money."


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

"We managed to recover some of the bandits' ill-gotten gains as we raided the lodge" Tiferet says. "And that's about all we have in the way of gold." Unless the Lady proves generous towards her saviours. They caught this illness in the attempt to save her, after all she thinks, though she does not voice her rumination out loud. They didn't do what they did for money. They did it for... what, really? Love of lore, hate of injustice, the thrill of adventure? For Tiferet, it was a combination of the three, though she can't really say about the others (though she suspects the first two played no small role in both Inire and Nathara's choices). It doesn't matter now. They have more pressing issues at hand than pondering about their individual motivations.

"Are you already in possession of such focus – and if not, can it be recovered locally?" If they have to go all the way to Zimar or Demgazi to obtain it, it would hardly benefit them over letting nature run its course. "How much gold are we talking about?"


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Inire shakes her head in protest, "Mm... no. I'll be fine. No need to spend a lot of money on getting it fixed. I'll be okay." she says, then sneezes into her blanket once more. She'd have to remember to burn it later. "Just need to rest."


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

"The best focus of this kind of healing would be incense. I believe Tessaraea has the materials I would need to make it."

The alchemist nods her head carefully. "That depends on what you need. I try to keep my herbs stocked but..."

The priest shakes his head. "I need rosemary, thyme, sandalwood, and vervain. I can mix them with oils from the church to make the incense I would require."

The alchemist frowns. "Most of those are easy enough, but sandalwood isn't exactly local. I only have a little and I have to buy it from the trade caravans coming up from Qadira if I want more. Even if I give it to you at cost, it would be about 200 gold for enough for this kind of project. I'm sorry I can't give it away, but I need it for my own healing potions. It's a potent health booster."


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

Any word from the necromancer?


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

In the jail:

The bandits are crowded a bit, trying to fit a dozen men into three cells. Rohkar has been secluded in one, while each other cell has six of his men in them. The necromancer looks up at the woman storming down the stairs. "What?" He looks surprised for a moment, then starts laughing. "Oh, one of you caught it, didn't they?" He cackles for almost a full minute before he calms himself down. "A disease that one of the men caught from those fey. It's damn contagious, but no one's died yet. I'm a necromancer, not a healer. That's all I know."


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

"If you use it for healing." Inire sniffles, "You should keep it. The town will probably need your help while we're trying to fix things." she adds to the conversation from within her now-damp hiding space, thanks to the cold compress.


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

"How long have they been infected?"


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Rohkar just shrugs. "The three that are sick now? A few days I think. It's been going through everyone, so I'm not sure exactly how long these three have been sick. You could ask them, but they're a little out of it right now."


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

"Things will get worse if we don't close the portal soon. Things will get colder, and people will get sicker. And if the fey attack, the town might not be able to stop them. The incense is for healing, and she's going to use it for healing," says Eirikr with a shrug of his shoulders.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

"Listen to Eirikr, Inire. There's plenty of wisdom in his words" Tiferet chimes in, looking with growing apprehension at the cocooned and shivering figure who but a day ago was effortlessly jumping from root to stone, gracefully slaying foes left and right. "The best way to help the villagers is to get back on your feet as soon as possible. You and Morgraine. As long as it remains open, this portal is going to keep on spilling fey and their accursed diseases; and I can't think of a way we'll be able to reach it without you girls' help" she states benevolently, as a concerned mother anxious for her children's well-being.

"That price will drain most of our resources. Resources which could be better invested in provisions and equipment to fight the fey. Still, I understand your point. Everyone has to make a living, it seems" she wearily says to the apothecary. "Perhaps the Lady will be generous enough to cover part of these expenses. I really hoped it wouldn't come to that though" she eventually sighs. "Still, beggars can't be choosers, they say."

Where is Lady Argentea?


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

The priest nods. "It is worth seeing you well again," he agrees. "And I believe the lady was loaned a room at town hall where she could rest for the night. There are a few rooms there for important guests, though they rarely see any use."


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

"If you're sure." Mouse responsds, before sneezing into the blanket once more. "Sorry I'm holding us up." she adds, before looking over to Morgraine, who looked even worse for wear.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

Rooms for important guests huh? Guess I now know which category we don't belong to. Not that this bothers her. As a sword-for-hire, she's used to letting her employers take the merit for the battles she's fought; this is nothing different. Truth be told, the Silver Stoat's floor and provisions at cost are probably the most she's ever gotten out of a job, in terms of gratitude at least.

"I'll go pay her a visit, then" she instead says to the Elder. "Rest, you two" she says crouching next to Inire and Morgraine's supine figures. "If there's anything you need – blankets, water, whatever – don't hesitate to ask."

That said, she makes her way out of the Common Room and covers the short distance separating the tavern from the Town Hall. Once in front of Lady Argentea's room, she makes her presence known through a soft, polite knocking.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

The guest rooms are on the second floor of the town hall, though there only seems to be a few of them. The only one in use is occupied by Lady Argentea. She seems momentarily surprised to see Tiferet, but welcomes her in regardless. "Good morning Miss Tiferet. I wasn't expecting company so early."


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

Tiferet curtsies slightly as she enters the room. "Sorry to bother you at such an early hour, Lady Malassene. I meant to bid you farewell before your departure, as we ourselves planned to push back into the Border Wood at the earliest opportunity – striking at the heart of this unnatural cold" she emphatically says with the vaguest hint of deference – a tone she has perfected in her years serving as a guard for various Opparan minor nobles.

"At least, those were my hopes as I woke up. The fates, evidently, had something different in store for us. Two of our numbers have fallen ill, the same malaise that had apparently struck three of Rohkar's men. With Inire and Morgraine in such conditions, it appears our whole quest is jeopardized."

Her posture is getting subconsciously tenser and more martial by the minute, as if she were a subordinate asking for a favour from a commanding officer. "Other than letting the sickness run its course, our only remaining option seems to rely on magical means. Alas, such an exotic disease calls for equally exotic remedies, or so Elder Natharen claims. Remedies the apothecary can't provide for free, or she'd have no means to acquire more should the illness spread. With our resources being stretched thin by the need to prepare for our fight against the fey... using the weight of your name to guarantee part of the required sum would go a long way in ensuring our success in the upcoming battle. Think of it not just as a favour to the six of us, but to every soul who calls Heldren home, and hopes for the end of this unseasonable winter."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Lady Argentea looks honestly surprised for a moment. "I... I see. I wish I could be of more help, but I wasn't carrying much with me when I came on this trip, and most of what I was carrying was taken by the bandits when they abducted me. But perhaps I could arrange for payment to be sent to the apothecary once I reach Cassomir. I have more than enough to cover this I'm certain just... not with me."


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Slipping into old habits, as she's stuck where she is, anyway, Inire does what she does best. She asks questions, of each person who is nearby. Sneezing and shivering on occasion in the middle of the question. There's no obvious malice, only curiosity in her tone, with any of the given questions.

To Morgraine: "Where did you learn your skills in healing others?"
To Nathara: "How is it that you came to blend dancing with magic?"
To Eirikr: "When did you first know that you were different?"
To Tessaraea: "Why did you study alchemy?"

Inire doesn't really know the priest, and Tif and Eve aren't here!


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

"Oh, I always knew I was different. Was the tallest boy in the village. I think because of my father. He's--was--Ulfen," says Eirikr. "Or did you mean--the other thing. Because--I don't know why you'd want to know about that. Especially here. In front of all the people."


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

"I was just wondering if you'd always felt different." she says with a shrug. "And I more meant your magic... and talking with Ashen." she shrugs again... and then sneezes... and shrinks slightly into her blankets.


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

"Had to figure out the magic stuff. Wasn't until pretty recent that it started happening. After I started having the dreams. But Ashen I've been talking to for a long time. Not forever, not always, but a long time. And not just him either. It's not something about me, really. It's just something I had to learn to do."


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

Evelyn returned to the tavern unaware the cure has been found she updated those still there about what she'd learned."The necromancer men have been sick for three days so whatever this is it doesn't have any horrible effects we've know of yet but it's long lasting and we'll need to move quickly with the portal open."


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

"Of course. Apologies if it looked like I was implying any different" she tactfully says. "Still, the word of a noblewoman of your status carries a considerable weight. The apothecary won't give us credit since she doesn't know if we will ever return from our quest – not that I blame her. If a Malassene were to guarantee that these expenses will be covered even in the unfortunate event of our demise... it would save us plenty of precious time. As it is time which is now of the essence, rather than simple gold."


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Lady Argentea nods solemnly. "Of course. This village and everyone here will be in danger from those fey until you can stop them. My escorts were simply the first to fall. And at the very least, it is my duty to see my men avenged for what happened to them." She stands and straightens her dress. "Please, take me to the apothecary. I'll arrange something with her."


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

"That makes sense, I guess." she says, nodding to Eirikr. She nods to Evelyn as she returns. "Will you guys be able to cure us and the bandits at the same time? If you can't... it might just keep spreading." Inire adds before closing her eyes to fight back another sneeze.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

The priest nods. "I'll do what I can for them, but you two need to be well first. Otherwise the source of this illness will continue to spread. Your compassion is admirable, but you need to take care of yourself as well."


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

Morgraine sneezes then, in a stuffy voice says, "They are right. Besides, so long as the bandits are quarantined, it shouldn't go anywhere but with the bandits. They are quarantined, yes? No curious gawkers at their cells?


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

The priest shrugs. "That would be a question for the sheriff, but I would imagine that they're in the basement of town hall. No one should be going down there without good reason."


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Skald 3 / Marshal 1 | HP 34/34 {conditions: none} | MP 4/5 | AC 17 (Tch 11 FF 16) | F +5, R +3, W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +6, darkvision

"Your generosity well befits your station" Tiferet responds in an almost military fashion. "Come, I will escort you to the local tavern. This is where our sick are currently being tended by the apothecary."


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

Tiferet and Lady Argentea return to the Stoat and the noblewoman pulls Tessaraea aside. Snippets of a quiet conversation can be heard by anyone else in the room and it's clear that they're haggling over a payment for the alchemist. It takes a few minutes, but eventually the Lady hands over her necklace and the alchemist slips out of the building. "She should be bringing everything over shortly," the lady says as she returns to the group.

Father Natharen smiles. "Thank you kindly my lady. I'll fetch what I need from the church. Hopefully this will be fairly simple to cure once I have the materials I need."


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Inire frowns as the necklace is passed from the lady to the alchemist, but doesn't comment... and it's really only visible in her eyes, since much of her is hidden beneath her blankets. "Thank you, Lady Argentea." she says, but it's slightly muffled, and she isn't looking towards her.


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

"No one has been near the bandits but us, they'll be fine." Evelyn nodded when Lady Argentea finally paid for her allies treatment and saving her from having to lie to the town about her own wealth. "The sooner we get you two up the better."


Male Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Lunar Oracle 3/Guardian 1 HP: 37 AC: 15 CMD: 15 Initiative: +1

"I could go back down there and poke them with my spear until we're ready to go," offers Eirikr; the expression on his face is blank, making it hard to tell whether he's being serious or not.


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

The priest steps out for a moment, fetching the rest of the supplies he needs from the church. He returns a few minutes later with Tessaraea, both of them carrying a collection of jars and bowls. Natharen takes a table and begins to mix herbs into a bowl of oil and murmur under his breath in Celestial.

Celestial:
"Great hunter, grant me the blessing to purge this disease. May the strength of nature empower me to lift this unnatural illness from these defenders of hearth and home."

With the last ingredient added, he lights the incense and walks over to the two sick women. He drops to his knees and continues to chant in Celestial. His holy symbol begins to glow softly and he holds it over their bodies, slowly moving it from head to feet. He repeats the process again and again as the incense burns down. With each pass Inire and Morgraine can feel their aches fading and their bodies seem to grow lighter. The incense is almost burned down entirely when he finally stops. "There. That should be everything."

Inire and Morgraine are cured!


HPs: 35; AC: 13 |Touch 11, FF 12; CMD: 12; Init: +1

"Thank you," Morgraine whispers to Lady Argentea.

She sits up as the priest and Tessaraea begin to prepare the incense, and for the first time this morning seems to take more than a passing interest in her surroundings. As the priest chants and waves the incense over her, the dazed look gradually leaves her face as breath comes easier and the sickness slowly seeps from her body and color returns to her features.

She was suddenly famished. "Is there food?" She queries, then blushes slightly. "And thank you. All of you. I feel almost a different person."


R20 Half-elven Rogue/Bard 3 (VMC)//Trickster 1 HP (31/31) IP (1/1) MP (5/5)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat/CMD 21/15/16/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +04/09e/02 | Init +05
Skills:
+14: DD; +11: Stealth, Acrobatics; +8: Perception, K(Dun, Loc), L(Heroes); +7: P(Oratory), Linguistics, A(Stories); 5: K(History, Geo)

Inire nods as well, but still looks slightly disappointed. "Thank you, everyone. Do you have any suggestions for cleaning my gear so that that doesn't just happen again?"


Universal Buffs: Nothing right now

"The incense will have purified the area around you as well," Natharen explains. "But I would make sure to wash any clothing or similar items that you touched yesterday, just to be safe. Regular washing should do, but be very thorough."


Female Human Mesmerist 3, AC/FF/T 16/13/13, Initiative +3, HP 23/33 CMD: 14

"Well good to know you've completely solved it even If I was left in the dark. How soon will they be able to head out?"

951 to 1,000 of 2,189 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Faceless GM's Irrisen: The Realm of Winter Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.