SR's - Silent Gods (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven


1,601 to 1,650 of 2,582 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

What if you and me went ahead (you can give the hand to Aerik), and Aerik goes with Lyrica?


Jak would be THRILLED to give up the hand, though he wouldnt' let on about it at all. I'm game with that. It splits our party capabilities up nicely that way.

Anyone have issue with that plan?


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

That sounds good to me, but hold up a sec before rolling the story. I think Aerik is going to be able to send Jak and Marcus with a little bit of help too, but I gotta read some rules stuff.

SR, can we assume there are a decent # of wolves around the area we are currently traveling in?


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

k, checked on some stuff. pesky work. :P

"I know you want to go back. If you and Jak want to go on ahead to make better time than with the full group, that is fine. Just wait a moment so I can help you go more quickly."

Aerik is going to use some spells to help his boys out. I'll spoiler all the details to save space

Spell Stuff:

First, he will use Call Animal to call a wolf. The spell says he can use a DC 15 k. nature to determine whether there are wolves in the area before casting. I assume there are, but here goes anyhow:

K. Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

If there are wolves, he will cast the spell, and while waiting for the wolf to appear (because the nearest one walks to him rather than appearing immediately like a summon), he will gather some berries and cast Goodberry:

Goodberry: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Then when the wolf arrives, he will use Totem Transformation to get the enhanced senses, which will allow him to cast Speak With Animals (canines) on himself. He will use Wild Empathy to "diplo" the wolf:

Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

That should make it "helpful" as it starts "indifferent"

Aerik grabs his holy symbol in hand, and chants some words in the Druidic language, making a silent call to his wolf-brothers. While he waits patiently for a response, he gathers a handful of berries. This spell is more familiar to his comrades, as they have seen it before. He keeps a berry for himself, and hands 1 to each member of the group, but gives 2 each to Jak and Marcus.

"When you get hungry, eat one of these and it will fill you up. You will not have to stop to hunt or make a fire to eat. Head straight for home. If your skins are dry, I can fill them as well before you go. There is just one more thing...."

He waits patiently until at some point a wolf approaches the group. "Do not worry, this one is a friend. Let me handle it."

Aerik looks at his totem brother and smiles. As he chants yet again, he puts a hand to his mouth. When he removes it, the words he speaks are no longer words at all, but instead are barks, growls, and howls.

"Brother, thank you for heeding my call. I am glad to see you were not taken by the darkness. Please help me and my pack so that we may make this place free for hunters to roam again. Those two. Stay with them and protect them as you would protect your own pack. The will not be able to speak with you, but they will fight alongside you."

Whew. Ok, I'm out tutoring for the rest of the night. Stay safe everyone, and enjoy your wolf bodyguard (at least for the 2 hours that he is guaranteed to stay).


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

The plan sounds good to me. Lyrica is heavily weighed down in her armor, but she will patiently and persistently make her way toward town.


As Aerik begins his work, Jak takes off his pack, kneeling down as he opens it up. He looks at the other party members, "So who gets to hold this creepy-ass hand?"

When someone volunteers, he quickly fishes it out and hands it to them, brushing his fingers off on his pants once he does so. "Won't say I'm not happy to be rid of that thing…. though I guess I won't be really comfortable until we get it taken care of completely."

Assuming Aerik's preparations all go off fine, Jak eyes the wolf warily as he puts the two offered Goodberries into his belt pouch. "Not that I don't' trust you, Aerik, but you sure he'll behave himself once we're alone with him?" His eyes go back to the wolf's with uncertainty, "No offense, there, fella."


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Aerik reaches out and wordlessly takes the hand, stowing it in his pack.

His scowl at possessing the disembodied hand turns into a rare smile as Jak inquires about the wolf.

"I didn't think the hero of the Barrow would be too concerned about a single wolf."

Aerik laughs, clapping Jak on the back.

Judging by the "you all go to sleep, oh and by the way, here are 4 spoilers" I'm thinking Aerik was the only one who got a good night's sleep last night. Hehe.

"Jak, you always know how to bring mirth to any situation. In truth, the spell compels him to seek me out, thinking we are packmates. My connection with his totem has allowed me to speak to him. He believes he is my brother, and I have told him that you are my family. So that makes him your brother as well. The magic of the spell will fade in time, but then he will act as he sees fit. He may even stay with you of his own free will if he is treated right. He would have to be starving or very desperate to turn on both you and Marcus after the spell expires. We can at least eliminate one of those possibilities."

The druid continues to talk as he walks to the remnants of yesterday's campfire, grabbing a piece of (whatever we had yesterday) carcass with a small amount of meat remaining on the bone. He seems FAR more comfortable talking about wolves than talking about crops or the eligible ladies in the Drear.

"You see there, on his snout and front haunches? Look at the scars. This one is a lone wolf. Either those scars were from a fight that he lost to the alpha, which removed him from the pack, or it may be that his pack was wiped out by the mist, and the wounds come from prey that he had to fight head-on. He is now a member of our pack, at least for a time, but he doesn't know about our hierarchy. With wolves, it is all about who eats when."

Aerik then grabs the (fill in the blank) carcass and takes a bite of the remaining meat, his eyes never leaving those of the wolf. The druid then walks past the wolf, and shows his teeth as a low growl escapes his throat. The wolf stares in anticipation.

"Jak. Take a bite of the meat. Now. Look our new friend straight in the eye as you do so. Marcus, you too. We are showing him his place."

Assuming they comply, Aerik will then throw the remaining scraps to the wolf and allow him to eat.

"There. Now he thinks you are my second-in-command, Jak. He won't dare attack you. Not after the beating he's already taken. Travel safely."


Jak tentatively takes the piece of meat, now eyeing Aerik as warily as he had the wolf moments before, "You need to come to town more often, man."

Regardless, he takes a bite before handing it to Marcus.


Marcus takes a bite after Jak, then muses:

This mean I have to take orders from Howell on the way?

The big man smiles at his own joke, turning to Jak:

C'mon then, boss, lead the way, or do I have your permission?


Jak shakes his head, "I won't say no if you want to follow, but I'm not paying you a copper." He looks around the forest, "Though, it's probably best if you take lead... I'll try to keep up."

He looks down at the wolf, "So... um... you're with us, huh?" As they head out, the others can overhear Jak return to a more normal level of joviality, "So, Marcus, what should we call this guy? Can't just call him 'wolfie'... not manly enough. Or, wolf-ly, enough is what ..." The chatter is lost as they head out.


"You both be careful. And take this as well." Ezekiel hands Marcus one of his healing mixtures. "Just in case something happens, it will hold it's potency. Take care."


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Lyrica leads the others onward to the village at a steady pace.

"Are you boys coming? We are almost back home, and I can hardly wait to see my family!"


Jak nods back at Zeke before setting off at a jog behind the big woodsman.


Rat Bastard

Apologies on my absence. Life has been tumultuous. I'll try to get back on track tonight.

So the plan is for Jak, Marcus, and Ezekiel to race ahead along with the wolf and Aerik/Lyrica to follow at her best pace. Then Aerik will stay outside of town with the arm, correct?


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

No problems on the absence, Stormy. Life is very busy for me anyway. I am fine with any pace we go at. Your understanding of the plan is good. We are in agreement!


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I thought Zeke was staying back with us which is why he gave the cure extract to Jak and Marcus


Yah, i think Zeke is staying back with Lyrica and Aerik. And hey...life is life.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I think we all need to go find life, drag him into a van, and administer a beatdown on him. The jerk.

And I was under the impression I was staying back as well.


Rat Bastard

Cool. I'll amend the plan.


Rat Bastard

Aerik has little problem summoning one of the local wolves that stalk the upland forests. A sleek, black muzzled, heavily scarred beast, it listens to him while watching the group of two-legs with clear wariness. It regards their food ritual curiously but seems unmoved by it. It cautiously sniffs at the offered food before snatching it up and carrying it away a few yards to eat it.

The wolf stalks impatiently around the group while it waits for Jak and Marcus to make their final preparations. It is a black shadow circling about them as they set an aggressive pace down the mountains. The three hunters quickly vanish from the sight of the other party members through the thickening trees.

Hours pass and no evil besets them. Night falls as Jak and Marcus wind down onto the familiar trails that bring them to Dies Drear. The town is quiet and dark. It is clear that only a few houses have been re-occupied while many of the townsfolk have chosen to remain in the Assembly Hall. As soon as the familiar wood smell of the town hits them, the wolf disappears into the shadows. Ahead of them, they are challenged by guards before they enter the village. From the bluff, they can see the Howell and Strom houses are alight. The Braun house is dark and Ezekiel's yurt cannot be seen. Only a scattering of other houses are occupied - including the Guthwite residence. It doesn't surprise you that old Merl would reclaim the town.

Jak/Marcus - what's the play?

Aerik, Ezekiel, and Lyrica set a slower but no less determined pace. The Moon, stamped with a bloody hand, rides high in the sky by the time they set foot upon the familiar logging trails that surround the town.

How far are you planning to stay away from the town? Any particular plans?

roll:
1d20 ⇒ 15
1d20 ⇒ 9
1d20 ⇒ 16


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Lyrica grows with excitement and anticipation as she gets closer to home. "I cannot believe that I am actually home! Be sure to come and get me before you depart from town!" When sees the lights on, she breaks into a run and hurries up the steps into the Strom household. "I'm home, everybody!" she declares upon entering.


Do we recognize the guards? Or thier voices? Or is it too dark?

Jak begins fishing through his pack for a torch, flint and steel as he calls out, "It's us. Well, Marcus and Jak, anyway." He doesn't actually slow to a stop, not expecting to be really challenged. "How are things around here? And who's that on guard?"


Assuming they let us through...

I've some business with Merl, then we mean to check on our families. Are my kids in the Assembly Hall, or with Eluon? Is he on the mend?


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

The druid looks at Zeke and Lyrica.

"Give my best to everyone. I will be in my hut. Guarding this thing."


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)
Aerik wrote:
""Give my best to everyone. I will be in my hut. Guarding this thing."

"You are most kind, Aerik!" Lyrica embraces the druid and gives him a fatherly kiss on his cheek. "I will tell everyone the news and give them your love. I promise, we will be back soon."


The guards are well known to you. Pence Rallo (21 yo) is a childhood friend and co-conspirator with Jak in his youthful misadventures. He is Ritti's eldest brother. With him is Nyssa Odenbrand (24 yo), a young woman known by both Marcus and Jak but not really close to either.

Pence and Nyssa emerge from the darkness beside the trail. They wear piecemeal leather armor and bear spears and daggers. Pence smiles "What's-a-matter Jak? Got mud in your ears that you don't recognize my voice?"

Nyssa is more business-like, "Things are a'right here - quiet. Your family, Marcus, is in the Assembly Hall but they've been talking about moving back home."


Lyrica bursts through the door of her homestead, waking Allegra with a jolt as she dozes by the hearth. From the bedroom she hears a familiar male voice, "You have always been a dramatic girl, Lyrica, even when people are trying to sleep."


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

"Oh my dear Papa!" Lyrica cries with delight as she races up and embraces her father. "I was so worried about you! I was afraid that you would not awaken. Oh Papa, you would not believe what has happened since you fell. The Dawnflower has come to me and called me to help. Since that day, I have been wearing that old armor and swinging your old scimitar in battle after battle. Everything has changed so much! I am just so glad to see you alive!"


Marcus nods solemnly.

Quiet is good. Stay alert--we've seen all manner of strange things since we left. Ezekiel and Lyrica should be here soon. Evening...

The big man stalks off purposefully to Guthwite's residence.


Jak grins back, "Well, the bathing accommodations up-mountain leave a bit to be desired, Pence." His face sombers as he takes in his friend and Nyssa, "So nothing's happened since we left?"


Pence shrugs, "Been pretty quiet here, Jak. Lotsa meetings trying to figure out how best to get about planting and foresting with fewer hands. I think your Da is planning to head down-valley."


Marcus arrives at the Guthwite home and spies Merl sitting on a sway-backed chair on the porch, smoking a pipe. He nods at the ranger, "See yur back in one piece, young Braun. Good."


Harmon endures his daughter's exuberant attention patiently. "Sarenrae, it seems, has tasks for us other than enjoying her presence, child."


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)
Harmon Strom wrote:
Harmon endures his daughter's exuberant attention patiently. "Sarenrae, it seems, has tasks for us other than enjoying her presence, child."

"Papa, I must ask you. In all of your life and experience with the Dawnflower, has she ever been stern or disappointed with you? The other night she came to me and shook her head at me as though she was not pleased with me and that somehow I have done something to offend her. You've always taught me that she is ever loving and patient, even with those who would do wrong. I know she can be strong like a powerful flame agains those who have no room in their hearts for redemption, but I never though she would shake her head at me as she did. I am willing to give my life to serve her and I clearly remember her telling me to prove myself worthy. This I am willing to do, but I remember you telling me that the trying was what was most important. You told me to leave the results in her hands. Dear Papa, I believe in the midst of this tragic time, I am doing the best that I can. I know that I've been afraid at times and have not been able to stop my tears from flowing, but I know will not give up. I just never expected the Everlight to give me such an unfriendly expression. My dear, Papa, what do you think this all means? Have I failed her, or is this an imposter to the true Sarenrae?"


Nameless Normal wrote:
Pence shrugs, "Been pretty quiet here, Jak. Lotsa meetings trying to figure out how best to get about planting and foresting with fewer hands. I think your Da is planning to head down-valley."

"Okay. Thanks," Jak responds, already headed deeper into town. He looks back at his friend, "I'd say we should grab a drink, but we don't plan to be in town long... job's not done yet."

Jak sets off to find his da and sisters.


Nice Merl Avatar :-)

Merl Guthwite wrote:
Marcus arrives at the Guthwite home and spies Merl sitting on a sway-backed chair on the porch, smoking a pipe. He nods at the ranger, "See yur back in one piece, young Braun. Good."

Marcus nods as he approaches the elder.

Yep, the others too, though Aerik, Ezekiel, and Lyrica are a bit behind Jak n' me. I don't want to interrupt a man with his pipe, but I have some important news for you.

The lumberjack counts on his fingers, as though he has rehearsed the information in his head and doesn't want to miss anything.

First--Zarzanna saved our lives. She didn't travel with us, mind you, but she gave us some healing tonics that kept us going. I count her as a friend to me, my family, and the Drear itself. If you want my advice, if she comes callin', and I don't think she's the type to do so, but if she does, I'd welcome her in. She can help these folk.

Second, we went to the barrows because there was supposed to be some fiend there whose hand can free the souls taken by the Mist. Well, the barrows were overrun, but we cleared 'em out and took the hand. We're on our way back to Angarak's Teeth to see if it'll work, but we wanted to make sure everything was ok here.

Marcus gently draws Beula and extends the handle to Merl, smiling.

Beula did you proud, Hetmon. We cut through all those bastards and she was no small help, only... the big man hesistates, then: There was one, used to be a gnoll before it's life was snuffed out. He broke Ezekiel's neck, dropped him stone dead. I saw it with my own eyes. But there was a fountain, the others said some kind of holy water in it, and when we put him in, his neck fixed itself. He stood up and was whole again. I wanted to thank you for letting me use her, but I don't think I need Beula anymore. You see, when I put my own wood-cutting axe in the fountain, it changed too.

At this admission, Marcus draws his axe and shows off the new "craftsmanship" to Merl.

It's supposed to be the weapon I use to fight these things, or so the prophecy says. And it hasn't been wrong yet. I saw the power in that water, and if it can bring life to a man, it should bring death to the undead, right? So I'm gonna stick to this. Anyway, I think that's everything. I'm off to see my family.


Lyrica wrote:
"Papa, I must ask you. In all of your life and experience with the Dawnflower, has she ever been stern or disappointed with you? The other night she came to me and shook her head at me as though she was not pleased with me and that somehow I have done something to offend her. You've always taught me that she is ever loving and patient, even with those who would do wrong. I know she can be strong like a powerful flame agains those who have no room in their hearts for redemption, but I never though she would shake her head at me as she did. I am willing to give my life to serve her and I clearly remember her telling me to prove myself worthy. This I am willing to do, but I remember you telling me that the trying was what was most important. You told me to leave the results in her hands. Dear Papa, I believe in the midst of this tragic time, I am doing the best that I can. I know that I've been afraid at times and have not been able to stop my tears from flowing, but I know will not give up. I just never expected the Everlight to give me such an unfriendly expression. My dear, Papa, what do you think this all means? Have I failed her, or is this an imposter to the true Sarenrae?"

The older man eases back against his pillow, his eyes seeming far away. He doesn't speak for a few moments. When he does, his voice carries a range of emotions.

"I am a lay priest, daughter, not a Paladin and not one of her blessed servants. Sarenrae has never spoken to me directly so my experience means little. But, I have some thoughts on what you've said... When you girls were children, you sometimes misbehaved or did thoughtless and dangerous things. I punished you all as needed. Sometimes, you didn't understand your error... but did you ever doubt I loved you? I don't think so. I was able to love you and punish you at the same time. So, why do you assume that Sarenrae is less able to do that?

If you are to truly serve her, you must put aside the simple catechisms of your youth and your assumptions about her. The Dawnflower is as complex as any mortal, if not even more complicated. Don't mistake the lore of the Dawnflower - which is used to inspire and guide the faithful - as being all there is to her. She has many sides, not all of them are loving or forgiving. Even among her holy servants are those focused solely on destroying, instead of redeeming, her enemies.

As for the meaning behind this 'stern look'... could it have been a warning not a rebuke? A head shake can mean many things. And it certainly could be an imposter. Guile is a tool of some of her enemies."


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Lyrics takes her arms and wraps them around her father lovingly. "Oh Papa, I knew you would have wisdom to comfort my heart. I feel better already, and I promise you that I will not give up, and I will continue to listen for the Dawnflower especially as the days become darker. I also have some friends who encourage me with their own bravery. Jak Howell has been helping as well as Marcus, Ezekiel, and Aerik. We all went to talk with Zarzanna and she told us about the prophecy of the Silent Gods. I'm not sure, but I think we are fulfilling it, well at least we are trying. Maybe this has something to do with Sarenrae's scolding gesture, but we have vanquished many evil creatures and we recovered an artifact called the black hand which we are bringing to Angarak's teeth. Are you familiar with this prophecy, Papa? When I met Zarzanna, we spoke of Mama and our family. Do you think we were ever unkind to her? I think she has been rather lonely these past years. Do you think it is ok to talk with her? She seems to know a great deal of information.


Marcus Braun wrote:

The lumberjack counts on his fingers, as though he has rehearsed the information in his head and doesn't want to miss anything.

First--Zarzanna saved our lives. She didn't travel with us, mind you, but she gave us some healing tonics that kept us going. I count her as a friend to me, my family, and the Drear itself. If you want my advice, if she comes callin', and I don't think she's the type to do so, but if she does, I'd welcome her in. She can help these folk.

Merl nods. "A'right, young Braun. I'll make sure o'that. It's not like we can be choosy in our friends now."

Marcus Braun wrote:

Marcus gently draws Beula and extends the handle to Merl, smiling.

Beula did you proud, Hetmon. We cut through all those bastards and she was no small help.

Merl rests the axe across his lap. "Glad to hear it. I'd a been disappointed if she didn't live up to her namesake." He chuckles and coughs, clearly delighted. "Named her for my first wife... nearly kilt me more'n a few times." His grin says it all... but it doesn't last long after he hears what else Marcus has to say.

Marcus Braun wrote:

the big man hesistates, then: There was one, used to be a gnoll before it's life was snuffed out. He broke Ezekiel's neck, dropped him stone dead. I saw it with my own eyes. But there was a fountain, the others said some kind of holy water in it, and when we put him in, his neck fixed itself. He stood up and was whole again. I wanted to thank you for letting me use her, but I don't think I need Beula anymore. You see, when I put my own wood-cutting axe in the fountain, it changed too.

At this admission, Marcus draws his axe and shows off the new "craftsmanship" to Merl.

The old man runs a practiced thumb across the axe, frowning at Marcus' words. "She looks every bit as good as Beula. Fine blade. But I've got a worry about the dead coming back to life. Doc seeming like hisself?"

Marcus Braun wrote:
It's supposed to be the weapon I use to fight these things, or so the prophecy says. And it hasn't been wrong yet. I saw the power in that water, and if it can bring life to a man, it should bring death to the undead, right? So I'm gonna stick to this. Anyway, I think that's everything. I'm off to see my family.

Merl nods and chews his pipe, deep in thought. "A'right. Get some rest and see your family. They're one of the few that've gone back to their homestead."


Jak wrote:

"Okay. Thanks," Jak responds, already headed deeper into town. He looks back at his friend, "I'd say we should grab a drink, but we don't plan to be in town long... job's not done yet."

Jak sets off to find his da and sisters.

Jak is barely clear of the treeline when he notices his footsteps being dogged by a small figure flitting through the darkness. Red hair flashes in the broken moonlight. Ritti stalks him far less skillfully than she hopes.

R's Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
J's PER 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Jak trusts the dark to hide his smile. Concern for family is momentarily forgotten in the oldest of mischief-maker's games… cat and mouse.

Bluff (to hide that he sees her) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Jak continues along, acting the part of the oblivious fool… right up until his line of sight with the little sneak is broken. Then he darts into some cover on padded feet, watching for her reaction as he tries to find a way to sneak up on her… the point – as it always has been – to sneak up on her before she realizes the game has shifted.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Merl Guthwite wrote:

The old man runs a practiced thumb across the axe, frowning at Marcus' words. "She looks every bit as good as Beula. Fine blade. But I've got a worry about the dead coming back to life. Doc seeming like hisself?"

Marcus puts up a hand and shakes his head, quick to respond. Yes, yes, it wasn't like that. I understand your worry, but this was different. This creature whose hand we took, the Forgotten--he was a monster, but he could think, talk. He was afraid of the fountain, called it 'cursed'. The water boiled the Forgotten's hand away like in a stew pot, but that same water healed our wounds. And the doc, when he came back--he was himself, yes. It was an honest miracle, not some dark magic.

Merl Guthwite wrote:
Merl nods and chews his pipe, deep in thought. "A'right. Get some rest and see your family. They're one of the few that've gone back to their homestead."

Goodnight, Hetmon. Take care. Marcus shakes his hand and walks off to his family's residence.


Lyrica Strom wrote:
Lyrics takes her arms and wraps them around her father lovingly. "We all went to talk with Zarzanna and she told us about the prophecy of the Silent Gods... Are you familiar with this prophecy, Papa?"

Harmon shakes his head and settles back onto his pillows. "I know crops not prophecies, Lyrica. I've never heard of the Silent Gods."

Lyrica Strom wrote:
"When I met Zarzanna, we spoke of Mama and our family. Do you think we were ever unkind to her? I think she has been rather lonely these past years. Do you think it is ok to talk with her? She seems to know a great deal of information."

The farmer seems suddenly weary, "Your mother, Sarenrae keep her, was a woman of strong opinions and could be hard-hearted. She held no love for the hag.

As for what you should do... you've wielded a blade. You've fought and bled. You are a woman grown and can make your own decision in this. Now, you may not be tired but I am - I need sleep. Go rest now and I will see you tomorrow. Goodnight, daughter." With that he closes his eyes and falls back to sleep.


Jak zigs away from his shadow and is rewarded by her hissed curses in the darkness as he successfully eludes her. She stops momentarily and then continues to slink towards the Howell homestead - the obvious course for Jak to set.

She passes by the hidden Scoundrel.

SM (v DC27) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
PER (v DC21) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Rat Bastard

Marcus makes it to his family home and is greeted warmly by his sister and father. His children, as expected, are staying with their Aunt Sara and Uncle Eluon.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)
Harmon Strom wrote:
"As for what you should do... you've wielded a blade. You've fought and bled. You are a woman grown and can make your own decision in this. Now, you may not be tired but I am - I need sleep. Go rest now and I will see you tomorrow. Goodnight, daughter." With that he closes his eyes and falls back to sleep.

Lyrica replies, "Goodnight Father! Sleep well and know that you are well loved!" She then kisses her father on the forehead and touches his face gently.

That night, Lyrica passes the time with her sisters checking to see how they are faring and if they have any news.

"Allegra, Mel, how are you two doing? Father looks like he has been in good hands. I cannot tell you how pleased I am to be home."


Rat Bastard

Lyrica, it is late at night when you get in. You startled Allegra awake and Melodica is asleep. These are farm girls, not night owls. Your conversation will have to wait for the next day unless you plan to rouse Allegra yet again.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

No, Lyrica will not wake them. She will go to sleep and wait until the morning.


stormraven wrote:
Marcus makes it to his family home and is greeted warmly by his sister and father. His children, as expected, are staying with their Aunt Sara and Uncle Eluon.

I think that might be Aerik's family. The only family I have is my kids and the Balatins/Howells by marriage, right?


As Ritti gets close, Jak can't help himself. He reaches out and pokes her in the side. "SQUIRREL!"

He grins as he falls in beside her, "Looks like we're headed the same way. Good to see you around, Red. The town's still standing.. I'm trying to decide if that means you're succeeding or failing at your job."

1,601 to 1,650 of 2,582 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Silent Gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.