SR's - Silent Gods (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven


1,401 to 1,450 of 2,582 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Rat Bastard

The 'surprise' bonus would be your attack going against the mutt's FF AC.

Marcus creeps over and draws the large axe.

Next Up... Lyrica.

Also need Fort saves from Lyrica and Ez


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Lyrica wakes up from her unconsciousness barely knowing what hit her. She reaches for her scimitar and stands to her feet.

"Jak, my friend. Once again I am in your debt, but what happened to the Forgotten? Don't tell me you killed it and rescued me?!"


Jak grins, "I'll let Marcus tell you... he's a good story-teller."


Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Rat Bastard

*Grumble* *Grumble* Should have made the save higher. :p Sadly it appears I shan't be crippling you bastards with frost.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

I am not worried, Stormy. I am certain that you will have some other wandering damage just around the corner. :-)

Once Lyrica stands to her feet and feels the pain of her cuts, she lays her hand on her side and let's Sarenrae healing light cure the wounds.

"Dearest Dawnflower! I am here to serve you and put evil to rest. Give me the strength to carry on and do your work with you as my guide. And if it is your will, guide me to rescue Jak in return for his kind deeds. Thanks!"

Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 6

hp: 8/27

"I thank you for all you give and for working through these hands to bring about your blessings."

Lyrica looks at her own hands and then she looks over what remains of the forgotten. She looks for the undead creature's hands and to make note if they are indeed black.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


My damage on that attack should be one lower. I included the whetstone but it was the blunt end


Rat Bastard

Marcus are you still wearing the glowing bracelet? If not, where did you drop it?

Lyrica gets on her feet and Marcus prepares a surprise for Fluffy... Instead of scrabbling claws echoing from the Boneyard you hear the sounds of a brief conversation, or perhaps it is a monologue, in a tongue you do not understand.

Round: 5

ORDER: Aerik, Ezekiel, Baddies, Jak, Lyrica, Marcus

MAP: Crypt

A's HPs: 21|24
E's HPs: 10|18
J's HPs: 19|19
L's HPs: 8|27
M's HPs: 9|25 -1 DEX

Status:
~ Good Guys ~
All in the Crypt - IC
Lyrica - Enlarged

~ Bad Guys ~
None


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Not wanting to potentially give away Marcus' position, Aerik will opt to go over to M-59 (if possible, M-58 if not) and heal Lyrica instead. Sorry bro. :/

Also, I pretty much go around with permalight on my shield if that makes the bracelet question moot.

Aerik looks at the mammoth Paladin, and at the trisected Forgotten with surprise and relief. He does his best to distract her from the pain while he addresses her wounds.

"I'm surprised Jak isn't making raunchy comments about the size of your bosoms or some such. Hold still, this will only take a moment."

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Rat Bastard

Yeah, you can do M59.

Aerik clambers on top of the sarcophagus to treat the huge Paladin.

The lighting question has more to do with Marcus' attempt at stealth. A big glowing spot 'hiding' behind a sarcophagus will - in many cases - draw a penalty.


Marcus Braun wrote:
Fate says: 1 Beula, 2 bracelet 1d2

I keep forgetting what light I had, so I had to go back and check-- when I randomized earlier the light was on Beula, so I should be lightness now in my hidey-hole.


I quoted my earlier post where the dice roll came up as 1, but apparently it didn't translate in my quote, hehe.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)
Aerik wrote:
"I'm surprised Jak isn't making raunchy comments about the size of your bosoms or some such."

"It is strange to see everyone as being so much smaller. I admit that I was wondering why Jak was staring in my direction more often than usual. He may not be saying anything, but I know he has a good imagination. I'm sure that I must be a distraction for him. Perhaps it is best that I am all covered up in armor." Lyrica replies with a smile.

Aerik wrote:
"Hold still, this will only take a moment."

"Ahhh. That feels much better. Thank you, my friend."

hp: 16/27


Jak's face scrunches up in genuine confusion. "Geez," he mutters, "what kind of pervert do you think I am?"


Rat Bastard

Ez... any action, my man?


Round 5

TRACKING:
HP: 18
AC17 FF14 T13 CMD18
F/R/W 5/6/2
1st Level Infusions 1+1/day: xx
Extracts: Cure Light Wounds, 1 open
Second Wind: x
TDW: xx
Bombs 6/day: xxx
Mutagen (Strength):
Horror Points: 1
Hero Points: 2
EFFECTS
Strength Mutagen

Sorry, sorry! Please don't have Fluffy disembowel me!! Well, not unless it was gonna happen anyway ;p

Ezekiel tenses his hands on his staff, waiting the creature's arrival. "Good to see no one's humor has been slain despite Lyrica nearly having been." There's an edge in Ezekiel's voice though he can't quite remove a smile from his face.

Delay


Rat Bastard

No worries. Besides with Lyrica standing in front of you - any disemboweling will happen to her first.

Next UP... Fluffy and Friends


Jak looks at the re-disembowled paladin, "Aw, man! I just put those back in!"


Jak Howell wrote:
Jak looks at the re-disembowled paladin, "Aw, man! I just put those back in!"

At least Jak can say he got inside Lyrica's breastplate. Maybe a little too inside though...


Rat Bastard

You hear the scraping of claws and the clink of metal on metal drawing closer. Whatever comes, it sounds like it has left the Boneyard.

If you've got any last actions you'd like to do before Fluffy & Co. enters, post them. You've got a round of actions before they show up. If you're good where you are at, say so, and I'll fast-forward to Fluffy's init on Round 6.


Letting Inspire drop until we see actual opponents, though Lingering Performance should keep the effects up through round 6, with Jak benefitting for another 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds.


Other than that, Jak will use a round to pull out a sack from his backpack and ( without making skin contact) scoop the dismembered hand of the Forgotten into it, and then stuffing it back into his pack. With movement, that should take him into round 5 or 6. If Jak has more time after that, he'll want to retrieve his whip, holding it in his right hand and the sword in his left. If i had more time still, I'd have him to inspect (and possibly taste) the water in the well).


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Aerik will cast Produce Flame

Aerik looks around at his friends, and conjures a swirling ball of fire into his free hand.

"I think the one that was chasing me found some friends. Brace yourselves"

By my count, I think i have 4 or 5 rounds left of wolf speed as well.


Sp does that mean you look all lupine?


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I can choose either movement, senses, or a bite attack. So my legs probably became more wolf-like. Kind of like a partial transformation I suppose.


Rat Bastard

~ Round 5 ~

Jak retrieves the hand (along with most of the forearm) and puts it in a sack secured in his pack.

Aerik casts a spell and holds a ball of flame ready.

Before Fluffy's turn on Rnd 6:
Jak, that is your Rnd 5 actions and your Rnd 6 will happen after Fluffy enters the scene. So your other actions will have to wait... or you can just ignore whatever happens in the crypt. :D I'm good with that idea.


Ill make that call once we're back in rounds. :)


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

"I will fight as best I can, but I still feel the pain of my wounds. Does anybody have anything else to help me heal?"


I'll stay hidden, holding my ready action.


Rat Bastard
Jak Howell wrote:
Ill make that call once we're back in rounds. :)

Chicken. Whatever happened to the good ole' "Ready Action: Procrastinate if the party is in danger"?

Lyrica, I think most people are tapped out of healing resources and there is no time for 2nd Wind or TDW.


From the darkness, the clink of metal and claws grow louder. Stepping from the shadows, comes the armored hyena. Its spiked collar and chain have been removed. It paces back and forth protectively and snaps its bloody jaws at our heroes.

Beyond the reach of your lights, a raspy voice speaks, "الذي يغزو هذا القبر؟ الكلام المتطفل!" Then it snaps a command at the hyena which tenses as it readies to gnaw on your flesh. (next round) From the darkness you see a flash of a clawed arm covered in a metallic bracer. The glint off the bronze-headed spear is bright... until it is hilted in the druid's abdomen. The blow is powerful, throwing Aerik back a few feet. He stares down at the weapon buried in his gut.

Round: 6

ORDER: Baddies, Aerik, Ezekiel, Jak, Lyrica, Marcus

MAP: The Last Guardian

A's HPs: 8|24
E's HPs: 10|18
J's HPs: 19|19
L's HPs: 16|27
M's HPs: 9|25 -1 DEX

Status:
~ Good Guys ~
Lyrica - Enlarged

~ Bad Guys ~
None

BOOM:
Fluffy's Dad - Spear (20/x3, Range 20') v Aerik AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19 range
DAM: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Inspire should persist through round 6, right?


Rat Bastard

I believe so if you had a 2 round 'fade' on it.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Round 6

Lyrica will move north (to H56/57 and I 56/57) and with her giant scimitar and long reach, she will strike the armored hyena with all her might.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 (+2 BAB, +4 Str, +1 Weapon Focus, -1 Large Size, +1 Inspire Courage)
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 (+4 Str, +1 Inspire Courage)

"Begone, beastly dog, if you know what is best for you!"


Yah, he quit inspiring in 5, so Lingering Performance means everyone has it through 6, and his Optimistic Gambler gave Jak only an additional 2 rounds (unless he kicks it back on before then, of course).


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Im not sure if Lyrica connected and dropped it, but if she didn't, Aerik will go to N-55/56ish, fire flame at the hyena, and then crouch behind the sarcophagus. If she did drop it, he will still go to the same spot and take cover, but preserve his flame. Also, im not sure if Inspire Courage applies to a ranged touch spell, but if it does, please add +1 to my attack roll and dmg roll. thx.

Flame Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Fire Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Aerik exhales as he is suddenly impaled by a flying spear. He lunges between the sarcophagus, throwing a ball of flames at the hyena, as another spontaneously appears in his hand.


Rat Bastard

I'm taking your turns in order. Since you and Ez ready/delayed - you get to go first. So your attack and actions precede Lyrica's.

The druid pulls the blood-soaked spear from his gut then sprints across the aisle, sliding between the sarcophagi. Before ducking down, he throws a ball of flame that strikes the side of the hyena's snarling head. What little flesh remained there burns away.

As Aerik ducks down, shield in hand, the light it provided is diminished. Darkness swallows the spot where the hyena stands.

With Aerik crouched behind a coffin - shield on his arm - and Marcus keeping Beula low as well to gain surprise, the coffins are blocking enough light in the direction of the hyena to put the beast in the dark once again. Depending on what happens with Ez's action and your other choices, 'concealment' may become a factor. It won't spoil Lyrica's shot because she missed in any event.

Next Up... Ez


Quick note, SR. I'm holding my lumberjack's axe. Beula is on the ground at M56. I don't think it'll change what you said about the darkness issue, but I just wanted to clarify. For my part, I'll hold my ready action for now.


Round 6

TRACKING:
HP: 18
AC17 FF14 T13 CMD18
F/R/W 5/6/2
1st Level Infusions 1+1/day: xx
Extracts: Cure Light Wounds, 1 open
Second Wind: x
TDW: xx
Bombs 6/day: xx
Mutagen (Strength):
Horror Points: 1
Hero Points: 2
EFFECTS
Strength Mutagen

Ezekiel takes a moment to find an opening before throwing an explosive at the hyena, hoping for it to be effective against the creature.

Move to M58, throw bomb.

Bomb: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Jak's eyes search for his opponent for a few seconds before he grunts out a curse, "Can't see a damn thing in this gods-forsaken dark." He runs two fingers along the length of his new blade; where they trace, they leave a ribbon of light which combats the darkness around them.

Then he stalks forward, blade held in front of himself, trying to locate their foes. "Heeeeeere puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy..."

Round 6
Lingering Aura: rd 6 of 6
SWIFT: Arcane Strike
STANDARD: cast Light on longsword (which will kill the Light spell he cast on Beula, I believe?)
MOVE: to J.57

status:
HP 19/19
AC 17 T 13 FF14
CMD 17 FF 14
Fort +2 Reflex +6 Will +4
---> +3 vs. Fear (Courageous + Inspire Courage)

Horror Points: 2

Conditions/Effects: Inspire Courage +1


Rat Bastard

Ezekiel lobs a vial at the spot of darkness where the beast stood... and is rewarded when flames race along the creature's shadowy form.

The shadows engulf most of the room briefly as Jak casts his spell. Then the scoundrel advances, glowing sword raised, and the darkness retreat before him. Jak passes the last sarcophagi and his sword reveals the smoldering armor-clad hyena backed by a very large gnoll. Beneath its ornate and burnished steel breastplate and helmet, it is all thick bones held together by a maggot-holed pelt of yellowish fur. With a lack of flesh to hold them, its bronze bracers jangle loosely on its arms. In one hand it holds a spear and tucked in its belt, there is a strange weapon you've never seen before. It looks like two 18" steel rods held together with a few links of chain.

Lyrica races forward. Her massive scimitar scythes downward, looking to split the hyena in twain. The beast - already burned twice - nimbly dodges the blow.

Marcus, I've updated the map. Since Lyrica and Jak have taken the battle forward of your position, it isn't likely that you are going to get to face-smash Fluffy as he races by. Care to amend your action in some way?

Round: 6

ORDER: Baddies, Aerik, Ezekiel, Jak, Lyrica, Marcus

MAP: The Last Guardian

A's HPs: 8|24
E's HPs: 10|18
J's HPs: 19|19
L's HPs: 16|27
M's HPs: 9|25 -1 DEX

Status:
~ Good Guys ~
All - IC
Lyrica - Enlarged

~ Bad Guys ~
None


Sorry to ruin your ambush, Marcus. I just didn't want to leave Mega-Lyrica up there with no light source to respond to incoming attacks from the pup and its master.


No worries, Jak. And thanks SR for letting me amend my action. Time for something crazy--I'm going to try to rig up a pint of lamp oil with a fuse as a full round action.

Marcus hears the beast's howl at the explosive concoction. He sets down his axe and tries to create a bomb of his own.

Da Rulez


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)
Marcus Braun wrote:

No worries, Jak. And thanks SR for letting me amend my action. Time for something crazy--I'm going to try to rig up a pint of lamp oil with a fuse as a full round action.

Marcus hears the beast's howl at the explosive concoction. He sets down his axe and tries to create a bomb of his own.

Da Rulez

lolwut. i have another produce flame usage left, so i may have to delay to after you next round, just in case your bomb only douses him in flammable liquid instead of exploding.....


Marcus quickly cobbles together a makeshift bomb as the fiends attack...

The gnoll barks an order at the hyena and it flies to obey - lunging headlong towards Jak. The fangs catch only air.

Lyrica, do you want to take an AoO on Fluffy as it races through your threat range? If so, roll it.

Round: 7

BOOM:
Fluffy Bite (20/x2) v Jak AC:17
HIT: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 charge
DAM: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

AoO

Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 (+2 BAB, +4 Str, +1 Weapon Focus, -1 Large Size, +1 Inspire Courage)
Damage: 8 + 5 = 13 (+4 Str, +1 Inspire Courage)

Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 (+2 BAB, +4 Str, +1 Weapon Focus, -1 Large Size, +1 Inspire Courage)
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 (+4 Str, +1 Inspire Courage)

"Take that, you hellish hound!"


With a swift stroke Lyrica hacks the hyena in half. The pieces skid to a stop at Jak's feet.

The gnoll seizes on the distraction and spins the spear with precision before hurling it at the Paladin. It skewers Lyrica's thigh neatly. Then the monster walks confidently around her as it pulls the long connected rods from its belt. One end scrapes the floor...

It looks the wounded Paladin up and down with its vacant eye sockets and says matter-of-factly. "اختار لك الخطأ قبر، امرأة." It sounds like either a warning or an assessment.

Round: 7

ORDER: Baddies, Aerik, Ezekiel, Jak, Lyrica, Marcus

MAP: The Last Guardian

A's HPs: 8|24
E's HPs: 10|18
J's HPs: 19|19
L's HPs: 7|27
M's HPs: 9|25 -1 DEX

Status:
~ Good Guys ~
All - IC
Lyrica - Enlarged

~ Bad Guys ~
None

BOOM:
Fluffy's Dad - Spear (20/x3, Range 20') v Lyrica AC:15 (due to size)
HIT: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
DAM: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

ill delay for now. hopefully lyrica can get out of there so me marcus and zeke can bombard that mofo


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

If Lyrica in her enlarged form has an attack range of 10 feet with her scimitar, does that mean that she gets an AoO when a creature leaves a threatened square to come adjacent to attack her?

Round 7

As Marcus and Zeke prepare for a bombardment, Lyrica will withdraw to N/O/57/58.

Villainous Undead wrote:
"اختار لك الخطأ قبر، امرأة."

"If you seek forgiveness and mercy, by the light of Sarenrae, I will give it to you. However, you look to be of the kind that doesn't want that sort of thing! In fact, if my instinct is correct, which it normally is, you are in the category of beyond redemption!"


Jak follows Lyrica's lead, falling back a few yards as he tries to encourage his friends, "We dust this devil and we can leave, guys!"

Round 7
SWIFT: Arcane Strike
MOVE: back to M.56.
STANDARD: INspire Courage

status:
HP 19/19
AC 17 T13 FF14
CMD 17 FF 14
Fort +2 Reflex +6 Will +4
---> +3 vs. Fear (Courageous + Inspire Courage)

Horror Points: 2

Conditions/Effects: Inspire Courage +1

1,401 to 1,450 of 2,582 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Silent Gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.