GM WhtKnt's Into the Borderlands, Table 1

Game Master WhtKnt

The Borderlands… an untamed wild region far flung from the comforts and protection of civilization. A lone fortified keep is the only bastion of good desperately striving to maintain the forces of chaos at bay. But evil is everywhere, lurking in dark caves, fetid swamps, and forlorn forests. Bands of cutthroat brigands and ruthless tribes of humanoids eager to clash with the forces of good rove the region. The Borderlands hold many secret wondrous locations, and the opportunities for fame, prestige, and fortune are plentiful. But equally abundant are the perils, risks, and challenges to those brave enough to explore the wilds.

Sharpen your swords and axes. Purchase your iron rations and tinderboxes... and don’t forget to bring at least one 10-foot pole. Adventure awaits those with the mettle to confront chaos in the Borderlands!

Theo Sylvanblood: HP 14/13, AC 16, Init +0, Per 17 (+7) Darkvision
Ore Thornstock: HP 5/15, AC 16, Init +4, Per 14 (+4)
Aterro Dominatus: HP 22/17, AC 17, Init +0, Per 15 (+5)
Morgan McWright: HP 24/24, AC 18, Init -2, Per 10 (+0) Darkvision
Neil Ogea: HP 10/14, AC 18, Init +2, Per 16 (+6)
Ya'Bo Bright toes: HP 9/9, AC 12 (15 w/mage armor), Init +2, Per 12 (+2) Darkvision

XP Counter: 527 xp each


801 to 850 of 881 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male CN Human Cleric (Tempest) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | Ins +6, Perc +6, Pers +2, Surv +6 | Saves: S2, D-2, C0, I-1, W6*, Ch2* | Init +2 | PP: 16 | Spd: 30' | Insp: No | HD: 1/2 | Spell DC: 14 | Spells: 1 (0/3) | Channel 0/1 | WoS 1/3 | Status: Normal

Yes! There you are! Neil proclaims loudly. It's time to end your existence, filth!

Cast Guiding Bolt on the Leader.

Spell Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 4) = 20

The next attack against him has advantage.

Move in next to Ore.


Cleric 1, Wiz 1 | HP: 13/13 (1D8, 1D6) | AC 14 | Init: +0 | Mace +3 [1+2], 1D6 | Bow +2 [0+2], 1D6 | Saves: Str: +1; Dex: +0; Con: +2; Int: +2; Wis: +5 [3+2]; Cha: +1 [-1+2] | Spell DC: 13 [8+3+2], 12 [8+2+2] | Spell Slots: 0/3, 0/0, 0/0...

Seeing the Orc sans any garb, Theo's carefully laid plan blows away in the wind. The Elfkin switches his tactics on the quick and begins reciting an Elven prayer.

Elvish:
Haiku game vexes / time to take a fourth wall break / insert Deadpool joke

Bless: Ore, Attero, and Neil

+1 d4 on all Save and Attack rolls for the next 10 rounds.

Silver Crusade

Human WarCleric 2| AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 [DR:3]| 1st: 2/3 | Insp: 0/3 |Div: 1/1 | FX: melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 |

Aterro laughs. It is long and loud and clean, as if a joke that has been building for weeks finally gets to its punchline.

"Hahahaha. You see, Theo. For the orc even a trap laid with the mereest veneer of guile is too much for them. For now and always, let us stand shoulder to shoulder and show them steel, for to bet on the sentience of an orc is to bet against the rising of the sun."

Still chortling Aterro advances next to Neil and Ore, lifts his greatsword high and takes a MIGHTY SWING at the lone orc.

Attack!: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (13) + 5 + (1) = 19
Damage!: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9


Halfling Monk 2| HP: 15/15 | AC 16 | Init: +4 | Handaxe (+6, 1d6+4) & UAS (+6, 1d4+4)| Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: -1; Wis: +2; Cha: -1

Ore laughs at the situation despite the pain he's suddenly found himself in, and then focused on the orc.

Advantage attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Advantage attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

After swinging his hand axe, Ore moves faster than the eye can follow to a safer position backwards. (Spending a ki to disengage).

"Yondalla sends her regards!"" he yells, hoping the goddess saw and appreciated his mischief. This was, after all, a rather remarkable but if mischief.


Cleric 1, Wiz 1 | HP: 13/13 (1D8, 1D6) | AC 14 | Init: +0 | Mace +3 [1+2], 1D6 | Bow +2 [0+2], 1D6 | Saves: Str: +1; Dex: +0; Con: +2; Int: +2; Wis: +5 [3+2]; Cha: +1 [-1+2] | Spell DC: 13 [8+3+2], 12 [8+2+2] | Spell Slots: 0/3, 0/0, 0/0...

Don't forget the d4 rolls, Ore. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Halfling Monk 2| HP: 15/15 | AC 16 | Init: +4 | Handaxe (+6, 1d6+4) & UAS (+6, 1d4+4)| Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: -1; Wis: +2; Cha: -1

I always forget Bless: 1d4 ⇒ 2
I always forget Bless: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Neil and Aterro both strike hard and decisively, but the orc does not fall! Ore makes a token attack and misses, so he withdraws.

Morgan, Ya'Bo, you still here?


Male CN Human Cleric (Tempest) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | Ins +6, Perc +6, Pers +2, Surv +6 | Saves: S2, D-2, C0, I-1, W6*, Ch2* | Init +2 | PP: 16 | Spd: 30' | Insp: No | HD: 1/2 | Spell DC: 14 | Spells: 1 (0/3) | Channel 0/1 | WoS 1/3 | Status: Normal

An 18 misses a naked orc?!?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric 1, Wiz 1 | HP: 13/13 (1D8, 1D6) | AC 14 | Init: +0 | Mace +3 [1+2], 1D6 | Bow +2 [0+2], 1D6 | Saves: Str: +1; Dex: +0; Con: +2; Int: +2; Wis: +5 [3+2]; Cha: +1 [-1+2] | Spell DC: 13 [8+3+2], 12 [8+2+2] | Spell Slots: 0/3, 0/0, 0/0...
Neil Ogea wrote:
An 18 misses a naked orc?!?

Guess he's wearing other...protection. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Scarab Sages

M Forest Gnome Wizard / 2 Temp HP 2/ 7 HP 9 / 9 | AC 12 / 15 w/ Mage Armor | Init :+2 | Saves STR 0 DEX +2 CON +1 INT +5 WIS +4 CHA +2 | Spell DC:13

I come a running, but sorry short legs

Moving forward and gathering his arcane energies. Ya'Bo extends his hands with his fingers slightly apart pointing at the unclothed orc and speaks the words of power "Conros bluthel" and an arc of lightning streaks to the orc from his fingers.

Witch Bolt spell attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d12 ⇒ 7


Cleric 1, Wiz 1 | HP: 13/13 (1D8, 1D6) | AC 14 | Init: +0 | Mace +3 [1+2], 1D6 | Bow +2 [0+2], 1D6 | Saves: Str: +1; Dex: +0; Con: +2; Int: +2; Wis: +5 [3+2]; Cha: +1 [-1+2] | Spell DC: 13 [8+3+2], 12 [8+2+2] | Spell Slots: 0/3, 0/0, 0/0...

Ya'Bo. Shouldn't the attack mod on your Witch Bolt be +5 -- 3 INT + 2 proficiency? I mean, I guess it doesn't matter, the threshold for this Orc seems to be 19. *shrug*

Theo takes a cue from Ya'Bo and launches an arcane projectile through the doorway.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 3

I used the phrase "through the doorway" intentionally, because that's Theo's real goal here. As long as the bolt doesn't hit either side of the door frame, it's a win for Theo. It will either hit the Chief or it will continue into the room and ignite the furniture.

Scarab Sages

M Forest Gnome Wizard / 2 Temp HP 2/ 7 HP 9 / 9 | AC 12 / 15 w/ Mage Armor | Init :+2 | Saves STR 0 DEX +2 CON +1 INT +5 WIS +4 CHA +2 | Spell DC:13

Yes you are correct Theo, Thank you for the catch.
Please add one to my spell attack.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Damnit, forgot that he's unarmored. Will fix it in the morning.

Silver Crusade

Human WarCleric 2| AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 [DR:3]| 1st: 2/3 | Insp: 0/3 |Div: 1/1 | FX: melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 |

I am nooooot clicking on Theo's link...It's a trap!


Cleric 1, Wiz 1 | HP: 13/13 (1D8, 1D6) | AC 14 | Init: +0 | Mace +3 [1+2], 1D6 | Bow +2 [0+2], 1D6 | Saves: Str: +1; Dex: +0; Con: +2; Int: +2; Wis: +5 [3+2]; Cha: +1 [-1+2] | Spell DC: 13 [8+3+2], 12 [8+2+2] | Spell Slots: 0/3, 0/0, 0/0...
Brother Aterro Dominatus wrote:
I am nooooot clicking on Theo's link...It's a trap!

A fair concern on the internet, but ultimately unwarranted here. All of my links are for the sake of clarity or to enhance a punch-line. Most of them are just other jokes semi-connected to the joke I'm making. tl;dr -- I don't link troll. No rickrolls (ok, maybe once in a while), no gory porn. Just lulz.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human WarCleric 2| AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 [DR:3]| 1st: 2/3 | Insp: 0/3 |Div: 1/1 | FX: melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 |
Theo Sylvanblood wrote:
no gory porn.

So you do link normal porn? Meh, that's fair.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Apologies, had the death of a family friend to deal with.

Ore does, in fact, hit the orc, and between Ya'Bo and Theo, he goes down! The two females shriek in rage and draw daggers!

For the record, the outcome wouldn't have been much different if he were armored, since 19 was his AC fully equipped, and you guys have been getting lucky with the RNG.


Cleric 1, Wiz 1 | HP: 13/13 (1D8, 1D6) | AC 14 | Init: +0 | Mace +3 [1+2], 1D6 | Bow +2 [0+2], 1D6 | Saves: Str: +1; Dex: +0; Con: +2; Int: +2; Wis: +5 [3+2]; Cha: +1 [-1+2] | Spell DC: 13 [8+3+2], 12 [8+2+2] | Spell Slots: 0/3, 0/0, 0/0...

.

.

.

WhtKnt wrote:
Apologies, had the death of a family friend to deal with.

Jesus Christ. I am so sorry to hear that. I just found out today that a family friend is about to lose their Mom. Entropy is working overtime, it seems. Please, take any time you need process.

Quote:

Ore does, in fact, hit the orc, and between Ya'Bo and Theo, he goes down! The two females shriek in rage and draw daggers!

Theo levels his staff at the doorway again, this time actively aiming for the furniture.

Using what little he'd pieced together from the sign, and the phrases from the Orc elder, Theo attempts to warn the women against rash action: shouting some variation of "no!" or "do not!"

I figure some type of negative had to be in the sign for me to understand that it was telling me to avoid an action. No is an interesting word to need as a non-speaker too. Given how widely, IRL, you find languages sharing the same - or very similar - terms for it.

Readied Action: Firebolt [Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 13 Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 3]
Trigger: Sudden, aggressive movements from either of the Orcs.

If they surrender, Theo will gesture for the women to take their leave. He'll step in front of the group with his staff lowered if the women don't trust walking past armed combatants.


Male CN Human Cleric (Tempest) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | Ins +6, Perc +6, Pers +2, Surv +6 | Saves: S2, D-2, C0, I-1, W6*, Ch2* | Init +2 | PP: 16 | Spd: 30' | Insp: No | HD: 1/2 | Spell DC: 14 | Spells: 1 (0/3) | Channel 0/1 | WoS 1/3 | Status: Normal

DM :(

Neil moves towards the two orc women, hammer at the ready.

Hammer Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Come on orc filth; I killed your leader. Come and get me.

If they hit me back, I'll use Wrath of the Storm and Channel Divinity to deal 16 Lightning Damage, or half on a Dex save.

Silver Crusade

Human WarCleric 2| AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 [DR:3]| 1st: 2/3 | Insp: 0/3 |Div: 1/1 | FX: melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 |

Brother Aterro happily follows his brother Neil to continue the combat.

Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage!: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Theo offers, but the women make no move to surrender. Seeing their aggressiveness, Neil slams one with a hammer blow. The female cries out but does not go down. Aterro attempts to do the same, but the blow misses.

The female facing Neil swings her dagger at the dwarf, slashing his arm (Neil takes 4 points of damage). There is a flash of electricity and the smell of ozone and the orc falls face-first onto the floor. Attero's opponent slashes at him but misses.

The party is up!

Dice Rolls:
Orc vs. Neil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Orc vs. Attero: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Orc Dex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Male CN Human Cleric (Tempest) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | Ins +6, Perc +6, Pers +2, Surv +6 | Saves: S2, D-2, C0, I-1, W6*, Ch2* | Init +2 | PP: 16 | Spd: 30' | Insp: No | HD: 1/2 | Spell DC: 14 | Spells: 1 (0/3) | Channel 0/1 | WoS 1/3 | Status: Normal

Neil turns to focus on the final orc, swinging his Hammer.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

If Neil gets hit, then she'll take the following in Lightning Damage, or half on a DC 14 Dex Save.
2d8 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

If I end up using that, it'll be my last one for the day.


Halfling Monk 2| HP: 15/15 | AC 16 | Init: +4 | Handaxe (+6, 1d6+4) & UAS (+6, 1d4+4)| Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: -1; Wis: +2; Cha: -1

Ore dashed forward with a grim frown, having hoped the two women would have seen the merits of surrender. Instead he assumed for a quick strike, hoping to bring them down quickly and painlessly

1 ki to Dash as a bonus action.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Cleric 1, Wiz 1 | HP: 13/13 (1D8, 1D6) | AC 14 | Init: +0 | Mace +3 [1+2], 1D6 | Bow +2 [0+2], 1D6 | Saves: Str: +1; Dex: +0; Con: +2; Int: +2; Wis: +5 [3+2]; Cha: +1 [-1+2] | Spell DC: 13 [8+3+2], 12 [8+2+2] | Spell Slots: 0/3, 0/0, 0/0...

So help me! One more person skips their d4 and it'll be no more Bless for a month. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

When he sees one of the female Orc's go down, Theo forgoes his plan to smoke the two out from the room; opting to put his arcane might behind the party's final barrage against the last-standing Orc.

Fireball: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 5

WhtKnt wrote:
The female facing Neil swings her dagger at the dwarf, [/ooc].

One of these days we'll all learn that Neil isn't a dwarf. Today is not that day. XD

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Sorry Neil, it's the beard.


Halfling Monk 2| HP: 15/15 | AC 16 | Init: +4 | Handaxe (+6, 1d6+4) & UAS (+6, 1d4+4)| Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: -1; Wis: +2; Cha: -1

Bless: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Nice, make my roll a sixteen


Male CN Human Cleric (Tempest) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | Ins +6, Perc +6, Pers +2, Surv +6 | Saves: S2, D-2, C0, I-1, W6*, Ch2* | Init +2 | PP: 16 | Spd: 30' | Insp: No | HD: 1/2 | Spell DC: 14 | Spells: 1 (0/3) | Channel 0/1 | WoS 1/3 | Status: Normal

Forget? Never! Ok, yeah. Totally forgot. I thought it was just on Ore, but forgot about me. :)

1d4 ⇒ 4

Turns my roll into a 15.

Scarab Sages

M Forest Gnome Wizard / 2 Temp HP 2/ 7 HP 9 / 9 | AC 12 / 15 w/ Mage Armor | Init :+2 | Saves STR 0 DEX +2 CON +1 INT +5 WIS +4 CHA +2 | Spell DC:13

Ya'Bo moves into the room and raises his hand as he says some arcane words "uvelucal splash". A bubble of acid leaps from his fingers and strikes the two orc women.
DC 13 DEX save or take Acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Silver Crusade

Human WarCleric 2| AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 [DR:3]| 1st: 2/3 | Insp: 0/3 |Div: 1/1 | FX: melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 |

Brother Aterro continues to press the attack, making them pay for DARING to harm Neil.

Attack!: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (17) + 5 + (1) = 23
Damage!: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 = 7


Male CN Human Cleric (Tempest) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | Ins +6, Perc +6, Pers +2, Surv +6 | Saves: S2, D-2, C0, I-1, W6*, Ch2* | Init +2 | PP: 16 | Spd: 30' | Insp: No | HD: 1/2 | Spell DC: 14 | Spells: 1 (0/3) | Channel 0/1 | WoS 1/3 | Status: Normal
WhtKnt wrote:
Sorry Neil, it's the beard.

We're so used to the dwarven beards that we forgot humans can grow beards, too. Ha!

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

The poor orc female is battered by the overwhelming press of attacks. Only too late does she regret not having taken Theo's offer. She crumples to the ground, dead.

Combat over!

The small chamber doesn't seem at first glance to hold much of interest. The orc chief had a large black mace and his shield and chain mail are carelessly tossed to one side. His belt pouch is similarly put aside. He wears only minimal clothing, but on his left hand is a large gold ring set with an aquamarine. The females did not seem to have much in the way of clothing.


Male CN Human Cleric (Tempest) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | Ins +6, Perc +6, Pers +2, Surv +6 | Saves: S2, D-2, C0, I-1, W6*, Ch2* | Init +2 | PP: 16 | Spd: 30' | Insp: No | HD: 1/2 | Spell DC: 14 | Spells: 1 (0/3) | Channel 0/1 | WoS 1/3 | Status: Normal

I bet he had a key to that store room we busted into.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human WarCleric 2| AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 [DR:3]| 1st: 2/3 | Insp: 0/3 |Div: 1/1 | FX: melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 |

"Well done, all. Well done," Brother Aterro congratulates everyone. "No no, Neil, do not say it. Beseems I did -vastly- overestimate the prowess of the orc. We did not require a full rest and full powers to overcome a foe so obviously not taking security seriously.

You must rebuke me strenuously the next time I assign competence to the foul orc!

I would council that we take a good rest now not because we need it but because we have earned it! THEN with full powers we can clean up this cave and most like another few beyond!"

That done, with the air of one finding a diamond ring in a rat's nest, Aterro goes about searching for things of value back in civilization.
His first act is to remove the chief's large ring.


Halfling Monk 2| HP: 15/15 | AC 16 | Init: +4 | Handaxe (+6, 1d6+4) & UAS (+6, 1d4+4)| Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: -1; Wis: +2; Cha: -1

Ore makes a move to investigate the Orc's belt pouch and weapon, careful to avoid any traps, tricks, or mischief.

"And that, Aterro, is why one goes out of their way to please the Mistress. She loves a good joke, you see. And look how we've been rewarded. Not a scratch on us. Or, not a new one, anyway."

He glances around, his mind switching over to food as he realizes there's a decent chance at least one of the three orcs here was working up an appetite.

Scarab Sages

M Forest Gnome Wizard / 2 Temp HP 2/ 7 HP 9 / 9 | AC 12 / 15 w/ Mage Armor | Init :+2 | Saves STR 0 DEX +2 CON +1 INT +5 WIS +4 CHA +2 | Spell DC:13

Looking around at all the spots that you could hide something. Ya'Bo come up with an idea

"Lets see if anything has a magical glow to it, shall we."
Ya'Bo starts the ritual for Detect Magic spell.


Male CN Human Cleric (Tempest) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | Ins +6, Perc +6, Pers +2, Surv +6 | Saves: S2, D-2, C0, I-1, W6*, Ch2* | Init +2 | PP: 16 | Spd: 30' | Insp: No | HD: 1/2 | Spell DC: 14 | Spells: 1 (0/3) | Channel 0/1 | WoS 1/3 | Status: Normal

Despite Aterros request, Neil still speaks up, It's fine. I thought it would be easier, you thought it would be harder. Maybe next time, I'd be wrong.

Meanwhile, he takes a seat and rubs out the soreness in his knees.

Silver Crusade

Human WarCleric 2| AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 [DR:3]| 1st: 2/3 | Insp: 0/3 |Div: 1/1 | FX: melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 |

Are we supposed to roll perception while looting the room?

Perception!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

OOOooo!! ^_^

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

XP Values have been updated.

A search of the chamber reveals not only a hidden niche but a secret door on the south wall! The niche is on the west wall, behind a curtain, and contains two complete suits of chainmail; one sized for a human, and the other for a dwarf, four longswords, five light crossbows, 40 quarrels, and a locked iron chest.

As Ya'Bo completes his ritual and scans the room, he sees that the shield and mace both glow, but he also feels a tug from the hidden niche, though he doesn't see anything there.

The females have a total of 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 4) = 17 gold pieces between them.


Male CN Human Cleric (Tempest) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | Ins +6, Perc +6, Pers +2, Surv +6 | Saves: S2, D-2, C0, I-1, W6*, Ch2* | Init +2 | PP: 16 | Spd: 30' | Insp: No | HD: 1/2 | Spell DC: 14 | Spells: 1 (0/3) | Channel 0/1 | WoS 1/3 | Status: Normal

Shield and a mace, huh? I'm happy to trade either in, but I'm also happy with these sturdy things here, Neil says, hefting his hammer and shield. Go ahead and take first pick, gentlemen, and if no one else wants them, I'd be happy to take them. They'll need a good cleaning first, though.

Scarab Sages

M Forest Gnome Wizard / 2 Temp HP 2/ 7 HP 9 / 9 | AC 12 / 15 w/ Mage Armor | Init :+2 | Saves STR 0 DEX +2 CON +1 INT +5 WIS +4 CHA +2 | Spell DC:13

"Yes, the shield and mace are showing up as magical. But there is something else in the hidden niche. It's not that I can see it but more of a feeling that something is there." As Ya'Bo is walks to the niche and takes a good look around.
Investigation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Maybe these orcs are smart enough to put a secret niche inside a secret niche."


Halfling Monk 2| HP: 15/15 | AC 16 | Init: +4 | Handaxe (+6, 1d6+4) & UAS (+6, 1d4+4)| Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: -1; Wis: +2; Cha: -1

"Now that would be a fun trick!" Ore exclaims to Ya'Bo. "Who knew Orcs were such a tricksters!"

He walks over to the magical mace and picks it up, feeling the weight and checking the balance of it with a few practice swings.

"Not gonna turn me into a frog, is it Ya'Bo? Though I probably should have asked that first, huh? Ha!"

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Investigating the niche more closely, Ya'Bo does indeed find a secret cubby. Hidden behind a cunningly placed rock is a small cubby that holds a potion and a scroll case. The potion is dark red and viscous and the scroll is an arcane scroll of fireball!

The mace is well-balanced, but feels oddly cold in your hands, almost (but not quite) uncomfortably so.

Scarab Sages

M Forest Gnome Wizard / 2 Temp HP 2/ 7 HP 9 / 9 | AC 12 / 15 w/ Mage Armor | Init :+2 | Saves STR 0 DEX +2 CON +1 INT +5 WIS +4 CHA +2 | Spell DC:13

"Well if you start having a craving for flies and wanting to sit on a Lilly pad in a swamp. Then we'll know for sure, Ore." Ya'bo replies as he finds a loose rock.

"Well, well, well look what we have here. A potion and a scroll. Wow it's a fireball scroll."


Halfling Monk 2| HP: 15/15 | AC 16 | Init: +4 | Handaxe (+6, 1d6+4) & UAS (+6, 1d4+4)| Saves: Str: +2; Dex: +6; Con: +1; Int: -1; Wis: +2; Cha: -1

"Ribbbbit! Ore croaks, crouching down and hopping forward a few times.

With a flick, he extends his tongue (as far at it'll go) and quickly pulls it back in.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Forest Gnome Wizard / 2 Temp HP 2/ 7 HP 9 / 9 | AC 12 / 15 w/ Mage Armor | Init :+2 | Saves STR 0 DEX +2 CON +1 INT +5 WIS +4 CHA +2 | Spell DC:13

Ya'Bo watches Ore's antics and reaches in to his spell pouch and pulls out a dead fly, he holds it out to Ore.
"Here's your lunch." And smiles


Male CN Human Cleric (Tempest) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | Ins +6, Perc +6, Pers +2, Surv +6 | Saves: S2, D-2, C0, I-1, W6*, Ch2* | Init +2 | PP: 16 | Spd: 30' | Insp: No | HD: 1/2 | Spell DC: 14 | Spells: 1 (0/3) | Channel 0/1 | WoS 1/3 | Status: Normal

That mace looks good on you, Ore.

Anyone else besides me use a shield?


Male CN Human Cleric (Tempest) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | Ins +6, Perc +6, Pers +2, Surv +6 | Saves: S2, D-2, C0, I-1, W6*, Ch2* | Init +2 | PP: 16 | Spd: 30' | Insp: No | HD: 1/2 | Spell DC: 14 | Spells: 1 (0/3) | Channel 0/1 | WoS 1/3 | Status: Normal

I was thinking Aterro might want it, but it looks like he uses a two handed weapon.

Neil picks up the shield and inspects it, giving it a good once over before trying it on for size.

Silver Crusade

Human WarCleric 2| AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 [DR:3]| 1st: 2/3 | Insp: 0/3 |Div: 1/1 | FX: melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 |

"It fits handsomely on you, Neil! Use it in health. Mayhap we shall come across a fine zeihander for me in time.

Oh ho! That is a special find, Ya'Bo! Good on you for being so thorough! Use them in health.

And someone fine Ore a mosquito or something before his Mace of Insectifying gets angry at us!

Is someone keeping a loot log?

Have any of you skill at opening this locked chest, or should I just whack it a few times? I've no qualms, but I'd like to do so after a good sleep, in case it has some skulduggery about it!"

Scarab Sages

M Forest Gnome Wizard / 2 Temp HP 2/ 7 HP 9 / 9 | AC 12 / 15 w/ Mage Armor | Init :+2 | Saves STR 0 DEX +2 CON +1 INT +5 WIS +4 CHA +2 | Spell DC:13

"Hold on, let me take a look. I was not a wizard all my life, I did have to bend a law or two in my youth." As Ya'Bo takes a good look at the chest.
As he is looking "And I am sure you checked the leader and his stuff for any keys, right."
Investigation for traps: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

If none found
"Looks good time to open this lock." and cast Prestidigitation to create the picks he needs. And he gets to work on the lock.
Sleight of Hand to open the lock (or disarm the trap): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
dice+base+skill+profic thieves tools
Not sure if I can cast guidance on myself as well, if so add +1

Silver Crusade

Human WarCleric 2| AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 [DR:3]| 1st: 2/3 | Insp: 0/3 |Div: 1/1 | FX: melee: +5/2d6+3 |Init: +0 Perc: +5 |

Aterro smirks. "Bent a law or two?"

Yes, so long as you touch yourself *snicker* you can get Guidance. Also, it's +1d4

801 to 850 of 881 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Keep on the Borderlands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.