GM Tarondor's Path of Tears Campaign - Traveller: The New Era

Game Master Tarondor

The Area of Operations

OPLAN Open Hand

DECK PLAN OF LILLY MARLENE


501 to 550 of 1,077 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Pirates of Drinax Links

Although the figure is obscured, Drifter is sure it's a solid hit. A humanoid figure on the ridge of the far building throws up its arms and falls out of sight.

Meanwhile, Dylea opens fire at something out the back. An object thumps into the room. She yells "Grenade!" and throws herself on it in a shocking act of selflessness.

Grenade: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 3, 3) = 21

Dylea is blown clear, her body taking most of the brunt of the explosion. Everyone in the room is thrown to the ground and stunned.

Two points of END damage to everyone. Oral communication is temporarily impossible. All tasks at +1 difficulty (-1 to your roll) for the duration.

Spider, a choice for you. Throw yourself over Jessica's body and take double damage...or not?

Then, everyone go!


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Just as he is finishing up the makeshift bandage, Spider hears Dylea's warning and throws himself across Jessica, seeking to shield her in her fragile state.


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Does Mascot suffer those penalties since he's upstairs?

Mascot sees Drifter's shot hit the target and he begins to cheer when the explosion happens. He is thrown to the ground, but regains his feet and sprints to the stairwell, looking for targets and he makes his way down.


Pirates of Drinax Links

No, Mascot isn't affected by the grenade.

Spider, you take 4 END. You can still act this round.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider carefully pulls himself off of Jessica, then crawls over to the edge of the hole in the wall. Staying low to the ground, he peers out, looking for hostiles.

Recon + INT - stunned: 2d6 + 0 + 0 - 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 0 + 0 - 1 = 6


Pirates of Drinax Links

Waiting on Drifter and Flatfoot.


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter looks around for another attacker to shoot.

If I find someone who looks like they have a bomb strapped to them, a gun firing in our direction, or a grenade I shoot them.

Recon+Int: 2d6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5, 5) + 1 - 1 = 10

Laser Rifle at Attacker+Dex: 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 1 + 1 = 11


Pirates of Drinax Links

The grenade-and-bomb set appears to be attacking from the rear. The sniper was out front. Does Drifter get up and move or keep watch out the front?


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot pushes himself to his feet. Crouched, he moves to check on Paka where she was sheltering.

"Are you alright?," he asks.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Like everyone else in the room, Paka is bleeding from a number of minor cuts. She nods. "I'm fine. Who are they? Why do they want to kill us?"


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

I will move since the front looks clear I think.


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

"No idea. Mayber we're just in the wrong place at the wrong time. We have to get out of here, though," replies Flatfoot.

"Keep your head down unless you have a weapon," says Flatfoot as he reaches out to touch Paka on the shoulder.

Flatfoot then moves toward the back of the building where the bomb has shattered the wall.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Drifter and Flatfoot move to the gaping hole in the back and look out, not seeing any obvious enemies, but noting lots of places one could hide.

Average (8+) INT+Tactics (Military) roll (everyone can roll):
This is just a diversion. They're keeping you pinned down but haven't brought enough firepower to really take the building. If this is the distraction, then the real target is...


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot tires to make sense of the situation.

Int(+0)+Tactics(Naval)(+1): 2d6 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 0 + 1 = 5


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Military Tactics (Int): 2d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 1 + 2 = 8

Mascot comes down the stairs to see the situation on the ground floor. He immediately sees the diversion. "Stay alert! This is likely a diversionary tactic to pin us down."

He whips his head back towards the street. "Archie, what else could they be going after? Or else they're just stringing us out to bring in more firepower."


Pirates of Drinax Links

"What... a diversion? Umm... there's nothing here. Unless... unless you brought something with you they want?"


Pirates of Drinax Links

It seems quiet outside, though those in the back are pretty sure there is at least one more attacker out there, waiting for the right moment.

Everyone, go!


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider peers out the hole in the wall, scanning the area outside for positions that would provide cover and that are within a short sprint from the hole.


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

"We have to get back to the caravan," cries Flatfoot. He moves to a sheltered position near the opening in the rear of the building and tries to spot any shooters that remain outside.

Int(0)+Recon(no skill): 2d6 + 0 - 3 ⇒ (5, 2) + 0 - 3 = 4


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

"Yep, can't stay here" Mascot glances to the back and then back to the front. "You think they didn't plan on us coming out the front?"

He moves towards the front window to scout.

Recon (Int): 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 1 + 1 = 8


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter makes a break for it out of the back heading towards the camp. He tries to use cover when possible but focuses on speed to get past any more assailants.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Tactics(Military) + INT: 2d6 + 3 + 0 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 + 0 = 5

Seeing Drifter push forward, Spider prepares to shoot at anyone who opens fire on Drifter.

Conditional attack roll:
Gun Combat(Energy Pistol) + DEX: 2d6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 1 - 1 = 5


Pirates of Drinax Links

As Drifter sprints out the back, a man leans out from behind a pile of lumber to fire at him with a slug pistol. Seeing the movement, Spider takes a shot, but misses, hitting the lumber pile.

Drifter, you can choose to accept the roll or you can Dodge (imposing a penalty to the attacker's roll equal to your Dex modifier (-1, I think) and accept a -2 DM to your action next round. Or you can Dive for Cover, imposing a flat -2 to the attacker's roll but denying you any action next round. Let me know.


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

I will dodge for the -1.


Pirates of Drinax Links

Snapshot v. Drifter: 2d6 + 1 + 0 - 1 ⇒ (4, 5) + 1 + 0 - 1 = 9
Body Pistol Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12 Dayum!

The bullet strikes Drifter full in the back as he tries to dodge the shot. His body spasms, but he doesn't fall. Instead, he lurches into the temporary safety of a an adobe wall buttress, where he collapses against the wall.

The remains of your RCES body sleeve absorbs 1 point. Your Endurance absorbs the next 6. You also lose two points of Strength and three points of Dexterity.

__________________________________________

Mascot, you don't see anyone out the front.

Everyone, go!


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot returns fire at the man who has shot Drifter.

Slug Pistol (Dex): 2d6 + 0 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6, 5) + 0 + 1 + 1 = 13
Pistol Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10


Pirates of Drinax Links

A furious firefight has now erupted in the back alley. Flatfoot shoots and the gunman in the alley is hit, spins and falls to the ground. You can see he has a pair of grenades hanging from a bandolier at his chest.

And just like that, the shooting stops.


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

"Alright, go!" Mascot barrels out of the back to grab a wounded Drifter. "Spider, he's going to need help." He lifts the man on his shoulder and struggles to carry him down the alleyway in the direction they came from.


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter keeps going to the camp.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider drags himself up off the ground. He looks back into the room and meets Archie's eyes. "We need to make sure the rest of our people are alright, but I'll be back to help however I can with this." He waves one arm to encompass the room and the wounded. Then he turns and heads back to camp with the others.


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot seeks out Paka before following his companions.

"We are going to make sure that the caravan and everyone else is safe," he says. "Do you want to stay here or come back with us?"


Pirates of Drinax Links

"I'm not much use in a fight," she says. "I'll stay here and see if I can help the injured."

She squeezes his arm and gives him a tight smile. "James... good luck."


Pirates of Drinax Links

Drifter, you are barely ambulatory, but I respect the determination.

The team hustles the several hundred meters back to the camp, with Spider and Flatfoot ranging ahead while Mascot helps Drifter bring up the rear far behind. As you approach you can hear a vigorous firefight occurring.

Spider:
Spider Military Tactics+Int: 2d6 + 3 + 0 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 + 0 = 13

The attackers are moving west along on the course of the river, using the trees and lower ground there for cover. Your people are taking cover behind supply boxes and taking pot shots, but you know that they are low on both ammunition and trained shots. The attackers are hard to see but seem to be armed with lasers. The attackers appear to be few in number and not particularly well-trained as they're attacking in broad daylight over relatively open ground.

You could take them in the rear if you take the time to work your way around to the east (right), but that time could be costly to your allies.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Spider stops and crouches down low, gesturing for Flatfoot to stop and wait while Mascot and Drifter catch up.

"Ok, it sounds like a relatively small attack force, probably moving along the river and using the trees as cover from the camp. Drifter and Flatfoot, you two get a little closer to the camp, find a good defensive position, and lay down some fire to pull some of their attention off the camp. I need you to buy Mascot and I some time to work our way around and hit them from behind." He motions with his hand to indicate he and Mascot circling to the east to come up behind the attackers.

Spider looks Drifter in the eye and asks, "You got enough left in the tank for this?"


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

"If I can get a place where I can see, then I can try and pick some off with my rifle from a distance. But that last shot caught me pretty hard." Drifter leans heavily on Mascot and looks to see if there is a place that he can be propped up to maybe help without slowing the others down.


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Mascot looks at the plan and nods. "Yeah, it'll take time. Pin them down for a while and we can come around and hit them." He checks his slug rifle and the ammo. "They got laser weapons, so watch your exposure."

He looks around and tries to see up ahead to determine a good location for the attack.

Military Tactics (Int): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 2 + 1 = 12


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot leans in for a kiss and holds Paka briefly before releasing her.

"Stay safe. I have to go," before he turns and follows his friends and companions.

Flatfoot hurries to catch up to his friends, running since he will be needed and has lagged behind.


Pirates of Drinax Links

So let's get on the same sheet of music here.

I see this like a clock face about 50 meters across. The river (and its protective banks) runs from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock. The camp is at 8:30. The attackers are at 3:30. Flatfoot and Drifter are at 7:00, while Spider and Mascot are going to swing counterclockwise to get behind the attackers. The land is a gently rolling mixture of hills dotted with the occasional tree. Is that clear?

Drifter and Flatfoot, tell me your plans. You could, for instance, work your way closer to the camp or to the attackers, or remain where you are and await a chance to take a long-range pot shot at exposed attackers.

Spider and Mascot, give me one Recon+Int and one Stealth+Dex or Stealth+Int check each.


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Recon (Int): 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 1 + 1 = 8

Stealth (Int): 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 1 + 1 = 11

Mascot leads Spider out, clutching his rifle and trying to stay low. The marine become uncannily quiet as he makes his way through the landscape. While not always out of sight, he ensures that the hillsides block most of the view of them from the camp. At the same time, he finds points to check on the activity in the camp and assess their approach.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Recon + INT: 2d6 - 3 + 0 ⇒ (4, 3) - 3 + 0 = 4

Stealth + INT: 2d6 + 0 + 0 ⇒ (2, 6) + 0 + 0 = 8

Laser pistol in hand, Spider lets Mascot take the lead, and quietly follows him as they make their way east.


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

Drifter grits his teeth and makes his way towards a high point that sounds like it overlooks the shooting.

I plan to make my way towards the attackers preferably from a good distance from them to take advantage of my rifle's range. Somewhere around 4-5 oclock range to flank them.


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot dashes towards the camp, trusting to speed and luck to avoid any shots from the attackers. If nothing else, he will draw attention away from his companions.


Pirates of Drinax Links

To the east, Mascot and Spider make their way around the attackers. Mascot finds a good position from which he can observe three men and a woman advancing slowly up the riverbank, using foliage and the natural depression of the river's course for cover. They are armed with a variety of ranged weapons and seem like competent amateurs, staying conscious of cover but ignoring some obvious things a professional would think of - such as covering their exit. One is carrying a larger weapon than the others. Mascot can't get a good look but suspects it may be a grenade launcher.

Meanwhile, the injured Drifter slowly makes his way into a firing position. He can't really get around as far as he'd like, but takes up a position on the enemy's left flank (at 6 o'clock) and waits for them to emerge from the cover of the river bank.

Taking a risk, Flatfoot breaks into a run, trying to get into the encampment before being spotted.

RECON+INT vs. Flatfoot (Hard b/c of their position): 2d6 + 0 + 0 ⇒ (3, 5) + 0 + 0 = 8

None of the attackers fires at Flatfoot and he dives behind some crates set up at the edge of the encampment. Harlan is there with him, sporting a beat up hunting rifle Flatfoot doesn't recognize.

"One of yours is down," says Harlan, recognizing him. "Their first shot killed that Muscles guy."

____________________________________________________

The enemy advance quite close to the encampment and a steady exchange of fire makes hearing difficult.

You have a few options. Shooting the bad guys takes a Hard roll (Target: 10) because of their cover. Sneaking closer will require an average STEALTH+DEX roll. What's your pleasure?


UPP: 7B64C6; Armor 1: Injury 0

I am going to stay put and fire at them from where I am.


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

What's the range from Spider and Mascot to the 3 attackers?


Pirates of Drinax Links

35-40 meters.


Male UPP: 969866; Armor: 1; Wounds: 0

Flatfoot tries to move closer, staying behind cover as much as he can.

Dex (0) + Stealth (0): 2d6 + 0 - 3 ⇒ (3, 6) + 0 - 3 = 6


Pirates of Drinax Links

Mascot?


UPP: A47A38; Armor 1

Mascot motions to Spider and kneels to aim at the man carrying the heavy weaponry. They has to take that out of play as soon as possible. The sounds of gunfire crack in the distance and spur even more urgency.

Minor action to aim
Slug Rifles (Dex, aim): 2d6 + 2 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (6, 5) + 2 - 1 + 1 = 13


UPP: 73A797; Armor 4/17; Injury:

Gauging the range to the targets, Spider leans up against a small tree, takes aim at the man with the grenade launcher, and fires.

aim; fire laser pistol at heavy weapon guy

Energy Pistol + DEX + aim - range: 2d6 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 = 4

501 to 550 of 1,077 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Path of Tears Campaign - Traveller: The New Era All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.