GM supervillan's 9-07 Salvation of the Sages (low tier) (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

maps and handouts


451 to 500 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Animal Companion 8 |Current AC: 31 AC Base: 28 T 12 FF 24 | HP 76/76 | F +11 R +8 W +3 | CMD 25 | Hunter's Trick 3/4

Gore, outflank, power attack: 1d20 + 11 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 4 - 2 = 30
Damage: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (5, 1) + 14 = 20

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22Jino is as lithe and dextrous as Mvumbu, the Wise and Powerful, and thus has evasion

Jino rears up and stomps on the now prone Paladin, with a rage matching Kramac's.

Likewise with Kramac, if the Paladin is down, redirect this to Ameneopheus

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 4 | AC: 15/11/14 (+bestow curse) | HP: 75/75 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +14 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11 (darkvision)

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Will + bonus: 1d20 + 13 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 5 = 30

"Your tricks don't work on me, temptress. I'm from the Pit same as you."


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Indeed, more enemies!

The divs' wiles do not enchant you, they bare their sharp teeth and hiss in frustration.

Kramac suffers from Dalla's acid blast, but sweeps the undead's legs away and drives his sword into the graveknight's skull with the follow up. Crit confirms because prone, and finishes Dalla.

Ermias Dalla lies in a crumpled heap. As Kramac works his blade free again, Dalla's shield falls into black ash. The piercing blue lights fade from his eyesockets. His armour is golden dragonhide again. He is once more merely a mummified corpse. But his hand holds out his flail towards Kramac. The flail is no longer rusted and ruined, but shines with a pure golden light.

Kramac:
Thankyou, holy warrior! Take my weapon! By Osiris' grace, it has the power to destroy Aryana Tahari. The voice is that of Ermias Dalla, as he was in life.

Kramac swiftly turns to Amenopheus, tripping the wizard and giving him a good kick; Jino follows suit, with rather less care for the Sapphire Sage's wellbeing.

Combat round 2

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend); flying 10' up
Crimson Rose (red fiend); flying 10' up
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 29/46hp;
Jino: 4 CON damage, 45/45hp;
Dhiara; trapped in a mindscape; 2 CON damage; 69/81hp
Karos; 4 CON damage, 2/37hp
Torch; 2 CON damage; 57/69hp
Sinuhotep; trapped in a mindscape
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 29/87hp, 18nl damage; prone
Aryana Tahari; flying, on upper level
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp
Tahonikepsu; trapped in a mindscape, 2 CON damage, 178/212hp
Vordrek; (ghoul fever; 1 negative level); 30/40hp;
Rogar (heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level);
Nithrandyl (mage armour); -4 CON, 27/38hp; Ref save needed

Active effects: Well of Evil

The bold may act!

Scarab Sages

Male
Skills:
Diplomacy +12, Knowledge (arcana) +10, Knowledge (local) +9, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Knowledge (religion) +11, Spellcraft +10 (+12 to identify magic item properties), Survival +9, SM +11
Elf Druid 7 (HP:35/52)(AC:18 (w/MA) FF:14 T:17//AC:22 with DW shield)(F:+8 R:+7 W:+12)(Init:+5)(Perception:+16)(CMD:20)

REF: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 and Nithrandyl fails...

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar Inquisitor 7 / Gunslinger 1 - HP 53/53 - AC 20 /T: 14/FF: 16 - Perception +15 - F: +11/ R: +12/ W: +12 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 , Init. +9

I expect this is the end of the trail, thinks Karos. And I'll soon be lying in the ground. No time for divine favor or a Judgment. Have to shoot now. The ghost is too far, but this devil will do just fine for the last notch on my belt.

Swift Action: Greater Bane: Outsider (Div).
Spend 3 grit to use Up Close and Deadly three times.

+2 Pistol, Point-Blank Shot, Bane and Rapid Shot (First Attack): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 25 <-vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + (5, 3, 4, 2) + (2) = 21

+2 Pistol, Point-Blank Shot, Bane and Rapid Shot (Second Attack): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 28 <-vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + (1, 4, 1, 5) + (1) = 17

+2 Pistol, Point-Blank Shot, Bane and Rapid Shot (Third Attack): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 22 <-vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + (2, 1, 5, 5) + (1) = 25

Should probably be 63 points of damage. If any of the shots missed, "Up Close and Deadly" means that it grazes the target, doing half the extra +1d6 damage anyway.

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar Inquisitor 7 / Gunslinger 1 - HP 53/53 - AC 20 /T: 14/FF: 16 - Perception +15 - F: +11/ R: +12/ W: +12 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 , Init. +9

Could use a little help. Just sayin'.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Nithrandyl also suffers from Dalla's corrosive blast.

Karos, whilst he still has the strength, fires three shots in rapid succession at the nearby div. The bullets tear into her, but she does not fall. Bane with a +2 pistol gives an effective enhancement bonus of +4, overcoming her DR.

Grandmaster Torch nods to Kramac, and steps around the ritual space to punch Amenopheus in the face with the basket-hilt of his rapier, knocking out the Sapphire Sage. "Sorry about that old man. You can't fault the half-orc's logic though."

From her vantage point Aryana Tahari cries out "Upstart halfling, think your magic is a match for mine do you?" Tahari casts a spell, again by will alone. The Amethyst Jewel flashes in tandem with the light about Tahari.

spellcraft DC 24:
Tahari is casting Contagion.

Vordrek completes his own spell, sending Magic Missiles racing to break Tahari's concentration, only to see the missiles absorbed harmlessly by an abjuration.

spellcraft OR Knowledge (arcana) DC 21:
Tahari is protected by a Shield spell.

Tahari flies over Rogar and Sinuhotep, and with her spell complete she reaches out for Enora.

incorporeal touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Fortunately she is not trying to land a spell that causes direct damage - so no critical threat.

Enora even though you are now in Amenopheus' mindscape, you still get a DC 24 Fort save.

Amenopheus' mindscape...

A weary and worn Amenopheus sits alone in a room before a pile of books and scrolls. The Ruby Prince Khemet III enters, sick and frail. "Help me Amenopheus! You are supposed to be wise!" Amenopheus grasps at scroll after scroll, but each crumbles to dust at his touch. Khemet III turns away in disgust. Grandmaster Torch is carried into the study in his bathtub, borne by four burly half orcs. Suds slosh all over Amenopheus' scrolls. Torch presents two sage jewels, one deep green and the other brilliant yellow. "Looking for these, old man?" Amenopheus eagerly trades everything he has for them, only to watch the jewels fracture in his hands. Tahonikepsu enters, knocks Amenopheus to the floor, and takes his chair. "This is my study!" he protests. "Was. Was yours, now it's mine. It's all mine." Amenopheus lies crumpled on the ground, defeated.

Enora regardless of the outcome of your Fortitude save you can rouse Amenopheus from his melancholy and break Tahari’s control with Diplomacy, Knowledge (history or nobility), or Perform (comedy or oratory). You get 3 checks as a full round action.

Combat round 2

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend); flying 10' up; -63hp
Crimson Rose (red fiend); flying 10' up
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 29/46hp;
Jino: 4 CON damage, 45/45hp;
Dhiara; trapped in a mindscape; 2 CON damage; 69/69hp
Karos; 4 CON damage, 2/37hp
Torch; 2 CON damage; 57/57hp
Sinuhotep; trapped in a mindscape
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 29/74hp, 32nl damage; prone, unconscious
Vordrek; (ghoul fever; 1 negative level); 30/40hp;
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp; Fort save needed
Tahonikepsu; trapped in a mindscape, 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Rogar (heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level);
Nithrandyl (mage armour); -4 CON, 10/38hp;

Active effects: Well of Evil

The bold may act!

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

"Free them - their jewels are the source not their bodies.... Knocking them out won't help us!."

Rogar enters into Sinuhotep's Mindscape.


Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28 Contagion

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 Shield

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 I am using my Reroll with +1 GM star bonus.

Fort reroll: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25 Puuhh

* * * *

Free action: Prescience, 4/6 remaining: 1d20 ⇒ 15

* * * *

In the Mindscape:

"Oh dear Amenopheus, please stand up! When I joined the Scarab Sages where you were our voice of wisdom and knowledge you were the role model that I was always looking at! It was you who connected that Scarab Sages to the Pathfinder Society and thus achieved so much to further the cause of the sages! It was you who identified and conducted the ritual to combat the evil being that is trying to corrupt what we all seek ... learning from the past ..."

She pauses for a moment and looks into his eyes!

"I know that you are a man that can see the need for balance and is not so manipulative like Torch and not as power hungry as the Diamond Sage. These are the characteristics of the leader that I want for our faction and I still see you as the sound of reason! And you stood up to the Diamond Sage before the ritual and showed her that true insight is more important than power. We are in grave danger and are fighting for the salvation of the sages!"

She touches him softly ...

"Sages and Pathfinders are willing to die in a battle for our order ... for what you built with your own hands and your own mind."

... a tear is now visible in her eyes.

"Please ... you are the only person that I trust to understand what we really are up against! Help us against Aryana Tahari! For the Sages!"

Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Nith is still up. It would be nice if everyone had posted so Supervillian could carry on as soon as he gets home.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

In Sinuhotep's mindscape...

A mortal Sinuhotep traverses a catacomb with a conjured djinn ally. "Come, Sinuhotep! A bottomless chasm is no obstacle to Hassan al-Qadir!" The djinn carries Sinuhotep deeper into the catacombs... A fierce battle breaks out with a group of fiends, Sinuhotep is beaten back, but al-Qadir forms a whirlwind and carries off the attackers... Sinuhotep gazes at an ancient canopic jar, whilst al-Qadir battles a skeletal dragon in the air above... the dragon breathes a gout of flame at the djinn, "I am doomed Sinuhotep, it will catch me! Help me! Attack it now and finish it!" But behind Sinuhotep you see the shade of Aryana Tahari. "The djinn has served his purpose, and is only your conjured servant. Take it, Sinuhotep! The secrets within will grant you great power!" Sinohotep takes the jar and runs, leaving the djinn to his fate.

The world shifts, and Sinuhotep is in a ritual chamber. He cuts the heart out of a living sphinx and places it in the ancient jar, whilst the shade of Tahari looks on smiling.

The world shifts once more, and in a cavernous chamber Sinuhotep holds up a chalice. "I have done so much to reach this point. Was it all worth it?" "Yes, Sinuhotep!" answers the shade of Tahari. "Drink the midnight milk! Die, and become immortal! The Order of Jeweled Sages must not end with you!" Sinuhotep drinks, and lies down, his head cradled in Aryana Tahari's lap as he closes his eyes.

Sinuhotep believes that Tahari’s influence is responsible for the actions that lead him to undeath. Rogar can attempt Diplomacy, Knowledge (arcana or religion), Perform (oratory), or Sense Motive checks to demonstrate that Sinuhotep is ultimately responsible for his own actions and break Tahari’s control over him. You get 3 checks as a full found action. Bonuses for roleplay!

In Amenopheus' mindscape...

Amenopheus looks up at Enora. "Enora? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in... in Resa! This is my past. This is my regret. The present is my ritual. How is it going? Grave danger you say? Well, that doesn't really surprise me. Tahari is a deadly threat to the Order. We must expunge her spirit from the Jewels and permanently eliminate it. But I am afraid that even I have been deceived. I have underestimated Tahari's control over the Sage Jewels, and she has trapped me in my own history. Ah, Littlest Sage, who would I be if I did not learn the lessons of History? Khemet III releasing me gave me the time I needed to rebuild the Order. Torch. Hmm! Yes, he tricked me too, but he kept to the letter of our agreement. He always has done. And though he obtained the Emerald Jewel by deception, I gained the Topaz and we would not have Dhiara here with us if not for the deal I made with Torch. As for Tahonikepsu, do not think too badly of her. A Time Dragon! In the Order of the Jeweled Sages! That is a great asset, and we can all learn much from her. Now must be our time, Enora. Your time, Littlest Sage! For the Sages!" He rises, and the study fades to nothingness.

Back in the Sanctum...

Enora you stand over the prone and unconscious form of Amenopheus, and behind you hovers the ghost of Aryana Tahari! The Sapphire Jewel in Amenopheus' turban swallows its mindscape, and the Sapphire light around Tahari is extinguished. You've freed Amenopheus from Tahari's control, and you still have the ability to take swift or free actions if you like.

Rogar, Enora and Nithrandyl may act!

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

"The wisdom of the ancestors... You have seen them for yourself. Our actions are our own.
Nothing can change what has come before....
Accept yourself.
Accept the consequences of your actions.
Acceptance... means you can change the present.
You can move on.
Make the world a better place.
You still have free will. Use it!"

Sense Motive take 10: 10 + 18 - 1 + 2 = 29
Perform(Oratory) take 10: 10 + 18 - 1 + 2 = 29
Diplomacy take 10: 10 + 18 - 1 + 2 = 29

After escaping the mindscape, Rogar will step away from Sinuhotep.

just realized i might not be able to take 10 here as there is a combat going on elsewhere...

if can't take 10..:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 18 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 18 - 1 + 2 = 25
Perform(Oratory): 1d20 + 18 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 18 - 1 + 2 = 32
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 18 - 1 + 2 = 24


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

I'll have to say no Take 10 in these mindscapes. You know that your physical body, and therefore life, is in immediate deadly danger. However, Rogar has the perfect skill set for Sinuhotep's mindscape!

In Sinuhotep's mindscape

Sinuhotep opens his eyes at Rogar's oratory, but those eyes are dull and glassy. He sits up. A lock of hair falls from his skull. His skin is white as bone, his flesh bloodless. He tries to speak, but no sound comes. He looks Rogar in the eye, and Rogar hears his voice clearly. Acceptance? How do I accept that I murdered my apprentices to prolong my own existence? They cannot forgive me. Can you? Is what I did ever justifiable? I preserved the Order by embracing lichdom. Ah, what does it matter if it was my own idea or Tahari's? It was my hand. I did all of these things. And I had a choice, at every turn. Just as I have a choice now. Is there a path to redemption? A question for another day. Today, I choose to reject Black Moon. Today I choose to fight! He thrusts his undead hand through the body of the mindscape shade of Aryana Tahari. The shade vanishes, along with the rest of the mindscape.

In the Sanctum...

Sinuhotep and Rogar return to reality. The Amethyst Sage Jewel absorbs its mindscape and the Amethyst light around Tahari's ghost is extinguished. Sinuhotep grabs his Jewel and takes stock. I'll put Sinuhotep in Delay until Enora and Nith take their turns.

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

woot! 3 sages left to free!


I think we are doing good!!! ;-) No further actions from Enora!


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Botting Nith.

Nithrandyl conjures healing energies and approaches the injured gunslinger.

cure serious wounds: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (8, 5, 5) + 7 = 25

Karos's wounds nit together. He's not completely fixed, but his burns are much reduced. Maybe there won't be any severe scarring?

I'm going to try to counter Tahari's magic. You hear the clear voice of Sinuhotep in your heads. He's readying to Counterspell.

End of Round 2! Round 3 begins shortly...


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

The white light of the Diamond Jewel pulses in tandem with the light around Tahari's ghost.

The lights of the remaining jewels continue to project images from Tahari's life around the library. You see her in her laboratory, experimenting with plagues. She has a young garundi man strapped down to a table and is force-feeding him potions, taking notes of his reactions and smiling like a child with a new toy.

The two female divs act. Jaundiced Jill, furious at being shot, falls upon Karos. She tears at him with her sharp claws, attacking where he is covered by red clothing or armour.

claw vs Karos: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
claw vs Karos: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Karos Two Fort Saves vs disease please.

Crimson Rose conjures swarms of wasps from thin air! The stinging insects fill the room, getting all over you, climbing inside your armour and robes.

swarm damage vs Vordrek, Karos, Nith, Dhiara, Kramac, Jino, Torch, Amenopheus, Sinuhotep: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7 Sinuhotep takes no damage due to lich DR.

Vordrek, Karos, Nith, Kramac, Jino DC 13 Fort save vs poison AND DC13 Fort Save vs swarm distraction.

Combat round 3

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend); flying, 5' up (within melee reach); -63hp
Crimson Rose (red fiend); flying 10' up
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; 2 Fort saves needed; sickened
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp; 2 Fort saves needed
Dhiara; trapped in a mindscape; 2 CON damage; 62/69hp
Karos; 4 CON damage, 11/37hp; 4 Fort saves needed; sickened
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 22/74hp, 32nl damage; prone, unconscious
Vordrek; (ghoul fever; 1 negative level); 23/40hp; 2 Fort saves needed
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp; Fort save needed
Tahonikepsu; trapped in a mindscape, 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Rogar (heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level);
Nithrandyl (mage armour); -4 CON, 3/38hp; 2 Fort saves needed; sickened
Sinuhotep; readying a counterspell

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms

The Bold May Act!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Fort Save, Poison: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 - 2 - 2 = 16
Fort Save, Distraction: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 2 - 2 = 24

Going to roll Jino's saves here because I can't do what I want if he fails his saves

Fort Save Jino, Poison: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 23
Fort Save Jino, Distraction: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 = 14

Ride Check: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 2 - 3 = 26

Wicked magic! I'll deal with you in a moment! Your foul insects will not dissuade us from our purpose!

Kramac shouts at the Div that summoned the swarms, as he moves Jino closer to Dhiara, before dramatically vaulting off of the rhino, landing next to the monk and diving into her mindscape.


Animal Companion 8 |Current AC: 31 AC Base: 28 T 12 FF 24 | HP 76/76 | F +11 R +8 W +3 | CMD 25 | Hunter's Trick 3/4

Jino chuffs and stomps at the wasps, but is unable to do more than annoy the insects.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Dhiara's mindscape...

Dhiara meditates within a mountain monastery. A young girl runs in, interrupting the meditation. "Help, Dhiara!" she screams as a minotaur charges her. Dhiara gets to her feet, but the minotaur has already gored the young girl to death. Dhiara lashes out at the beast, but before her blow can land the minotaur ages and crumbles to dust.

A dwarf king appears. "Dhiara, please help. The hobgoblins of the Iron Eye overwhelm us!" Dhiara goes to join battle against the hobgoblins, but she is too late to save the dwarves. As she fights, a charge of armoured knights rides in and kills the hobgoblins. The knights are then killed by a horde of orcs, and so the cycle continues. Each time Dhiara is asked for help, time defeats her. Her actions seem meaningless, as both allies and enemies are ultimately defeated not by martial prowess but by age.

Kramac, help Dhiara to realise that action is not futile, by making Combat Manoeuvre checks or using Knowledge (history OR religion) or Perform (oratory). Alternatively, do damage to the monsters in her visions. You can make 3 rolls as a full round action. These rolls can be any combination of skill checks, combat manoeuvres, or damage rolls (using spell or weapon).

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 4 | AC: 15/11/14 (+bestow curse) | HP: 75/75 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +14 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11 (darkvision)

Fort vs poison: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Fort vs distraction: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Well that was a waste, the tiefling thinks grimly as his missiles are absorbed harmlessly. "Dragon! We need you!"

5' step, will enter Tahonikepsu's mindscape.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

CMB Check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
CMB Check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
CMB Check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
I don't know if they need to be generic CMB checks, or if I can make a specific Combat Maneuver. If I can do a specific one, I'll make trip checks, netting me another +4 on each check

Kramac enters Dhiara's mindscape and observes the cycle of despair that the monk is trapped in. When the cycle starts anew, Kramac wastes no words on the monk, and instead springs into action. He charges as the minotaur approaches the girl. As he runs, a ghostly figment manifests from Kramac's own mind, a wolf running by his side. The half-orc slams into the Minotaur, knocking it off balance and forcing to miss the girl. As Kramac faces down the Minotaur bare handed, the wolf snaps out from behind, dragging the Minotaur to the ground. The two battle the Minotaur, meanwhile the girl begins to age rapidly. She progresses through adolescence, and into adulthood. While the titanic battle rages, images of the girl's wedding flash through the mindscape, the girl giving birth, raising children, and finally, where previously Dhiara saw the minotaur and the girl rotting and turning to dust, she sees an old woman on he deathbed, surrounded by her children and grandchildren, with a smile on her lips as she passes from this world into the next.

As the woman fades from the mindscape, Kramac turns, and is suddenly charging across a field on Jino. More ghostly figments appear around him as he enters battle. An elven archer, a raging half orc and his hippo companion, a singing tengu with a longsword in one hand and a banner in the other. Kramac cuts down a hobgoblin just in time to save a young dwarven soldier. The soldier, obviously not suited for combat, flees. Once again, time accelerates as Kramac and the figments battle the hobgoblins. Images of the dwarf flash by. She sees him crafting things of true beauty - statues and buildings of stone and metal. Images of the far future where scholars and archaeologists discover his creations, and are inspired by their beauty and craftsmanship to forge their own creations, on and on through time.

Finally, all of the figments fade as Kramac turns to face the horde of orcs alone, laughing as he charges proclaiming,

Haha! You wicked orcs shall spill no innocent blood today! You face an opponent the likes of which you have never seen in Kramac!


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Dhiara's mindscape...

Kramac and his friends defeat monster after monster, and though they cannot save everybody, they show Dhiara that each life has value. She stands side by side with Kramac against the orc horde, and as the two of them fell a mighty chieftain the battlefield of the mind gives way to the battlefield of the library."Thank you, Kramac. Let's win this battle now."

2 out of 3 successes is enough to free the sage.

In the Library-Sanctum...

Dhiara is freed from her mindscape-prison. The Topaz Jewel absorbs the mindscape, and the yellow light around Tahari is extinguished. Dhiara leaps out of the wasp swarm, and strikes the nearby div

div ref vs repositioning strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Whilst her blow does not harm the div, Dhiara's mighty kick sends the fiend flying backward. "Finish her, Karos!"

Karos is up!

Vordrek, I'll put up Tahonikepsu's mindscape challenges once Karos acts. You've taken 1 DEX damage from wasp venom.

All, you now have Dhiara's Mystic Wisdom special ability available when you are within 30 feet of her. First to claim the rerolls gets them. Her Guardian ability is also active - any ally within 30' gets +1 Dodge to AC, and +1 to Reflex saves.

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar Inquisitor 7 / Gunslinger 1 - HP 53/53 - AC 20 /T: 14/FF: 16 - Perception +15 - F: +11/ R: +12/ W: +12 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 , Init. +9

Karos Fort Save vs. Disease #1: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25
Karos Fort Save vs. Disease #2: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 2 = 15
Karos Fort Save vs. Poison: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21
Karos Fort Save vs. Distraction: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 = 26

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar Inquisitor 7 / Gunslinger 1 - HP 53/53 - AC 20 /T: 14/FF: 16 - Perception +15 - F: +11/ R: +12/ W: +12 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 , Init. +9

Karos is determined to take down his foe. He steps away from the bees, issues a Judgment of Smiting and opens fire on the div.

Swift Action: Judgment of Smiting (bullets count as good).

+2 Pistol, Point-Blank Shot, Bane, Judgment of Smiting and Rapid Shot (First Attack): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 22 <-vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + (5, 3, 1, 6) = 22

+2 Pistol, Point-Blank Shot, Bane, Judgment of Smiting and Rapid Shot (First Attack): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 29 <-vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + (5, 2, 5, 1) = 20

+2 Pistol, Point-Blank Shot, Bane, Judgment of Smiting and Rapid Shot (First Attack): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 30 <-vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + (5, 3, 3, 2) = 24

If he kills the div, he'll turn his fire on another target, but not against the swarms.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Karos' first righteous bullet sends Jaundiced Jill back to Abaddon. He turns, seeking another target, and aims at the second Pairaka div. This time distance and the cover of the buzzing wasp swarms hamper his shots, and he misses.

Karos has contracted bubonic plague, but it has a long onset time and should not affect the battle.

"Come on old man!" Torch says, as he grabs hold of Amenopheus' legs. "Can't have you getting eaten by wasps, can we?" He drags the unconscious Sapphire Sage out of the swarms.

Vordrek in Tahonikepsu's mindscape...

Tahonikepsu, an enormous violet dragon, tiptoes through a library filled with mewling humanoid children. Everywhere she turns she has to cautiously avoid crushing another helpless creature, and they cry out in alarm whenever she turns her attention to the truly interesting texts. She lies down in weary frustration. "It's impossible!" sighs the dragon. "These - these tiny mortals just get in the way! Everything I try to do, there they are, in the way. And whatever I do, I end up hurting them. Even I cannot number the dead. It's hopeless!" She slumps on the floor, and another half dozen infants are crushed beneath her bulk.

Dealing with mortals on their mayfly time scales and reining in her curiosity for the safety of those around her frustrate Tahonikepsu. You can assist her in carrying out her work, help her relax, or remind her of her responsibilities with Diplomacy, Fly, Knowledge (nobility), Linguistics, Perform (any), or Profession (librarian or teacher) checks. As in all the sages' mindscapes, there are bonuses for roleplay! 3 checks as a full round action.

Combat round 3

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend); flying 10' up
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp;
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 62/69hp
Karos; 4 CON damage, 11/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 22/74hp, 32nl damage; prone, unconscious
Vordrek; (ghoul fever; 1 negative level); 23/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; poisoned
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp
Tahonikepsu; trapped in a mindscape, 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Rogar (heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level);
Nithrandyl (mage armour); -4 CON, 3/38hp; 2 Fort saves needed; sickened
Sinuhotep; readying a counterspell

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms

Vordrek is up!

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 4 | AC: 15/11/14 (+bestow curse) | HP: 75/75 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +14 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11 (darkvision)

This is... a bizarre room. It seems unlikely to be a real memory, my guess is it's metaphorical. Vordrek carefully through the room to the dragon. "I think this would be much easier if you assumed a smaller form. You appeared human when I first met you; these others would be much easier to avoid."

He scoots an infant out of the way with a clawed foot and approaches. "It's true that the rest of us aren't very long-lived compared to dragons. Even an elf would die of old age before a dragon really got her feet beneath her. But in the short time that we're here, some of us still have the right intentions and goals."

If I'm allowed to cast spells in here, or at least produce spell effects, I'd like to cast mage hand to bring a book to my hand. If not, I'll just grab one.

Vordrek acquires one of the tomes Tahonikepsu had been trying for, and opens it. "Let's look at this together. I can read the words, but I need your help putting them in context."

Linguistics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Linguistics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

In the mindscape...

Mage Hand works, you can cast spells.
Vordrek uses his magic to reach for a heavy book bound in sheets of skymetal, with pages of embossed electrum. The script is in a shifting hand, sometimes Jistkan, sometimes Terran, or Ignan, or Aquan, or Auran. "The Codex Elementa! It holds the secret to perfect balance of the essential elements!" says Tahonikepsu as she turns the pages with a massive claw, studying the book with Vordrek. "Here! It says that Sinhalius of Sovyrian postulates that Time, not Void, is the true Fifth Element. He wrote down his theory in The Scroll That Is Not. We must find it!" "Never heard of the fellow, myself" muses Vordrek.

Another search, and Vordrek finds a likely candidate amongst the shelves. He reaches for it, showing it to Tahonikepsu. He unfurls the ancient paper and begins reading what looks like a dialect of Elvish. But he misses a protective glyph, and a fiery explosion destroys the scroll and kills a dozen of the helpless infants.

"You see!" roars the dragon. "I could have used that knowledge to help these lost innocents, and instead it killed them! Knowledge is the greatest power, and it corrupts all those who seek it. Some things are not meant to be known, by dragons nor by mortals."

Alas, only 1 success even with your bonuses. Tahonikepsu remains trapped. Vordrek, you may stay and try again next round or you may leave the mindscape as a free action. I'll wait for your decision before proceeding, since Tahari is up next.

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 4 | AC: 15/11/14 (+bestow curse) | HP: 75/75 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +14 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11 (darkvision)

I'll try 1 more round, and if I still can't get it I'll let someone else do it. I'm not real highly trained in any of those skills unfortunately.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Vordrek does not return from Tahonikepsu's mindscape.

I missed skill checks for you to identify the wasp swarms:

Rogar only, Spellcraft DC20:
Crimson Rose summoned the swarms with an Insect Plague SLA. This tells you that the wasps will last for several minutes at least, but will not move away.

anyone, Spellcraft or Knowledge (arcana) DC25:
The swarms are the result of an Insect Plague SLA. This tells you that the wasps will last for several minutes at least, but will not move away.

Knowledge (nature) DC13:
These vermin are wasp swarms. Vermin are mindless, and swarms cause automatic damage to anything sharing their space. Swarms cause distraction, which causes nausea and makes spellcasting difficult. Swarms of diminutive creatures, such as wasps, are immune to weapon damage.

Knowledge (nature) DC18:
Wasp swarms have an irritant poison that causes dexterity damage.

Aryana Tahari glowers at the halfling arcanist in front of her. Tahari works her magic again, this time accompanied by the usual gestures and words of power.

spellcraft DC18:
Tahari is casting Vampiric Touch.

From within the swarm of wasps Sinuhotep attempts to counter arcane magic with psychic.

gm screen:
sinuhotep concentration: 27 = 27sinuhotep dispel vs tahari: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

The lich's magic proves stronger, and Tahari's casting is thwarted! Enraged, she rushes Enora.

Enora, DC 19 Will Save please. Tahari is using her malevolence power on you and attempting to possess you. If you succeed go ahead and take your turn.

Combat round 3

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend); flying 10' up
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp;
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 62/69hp
Karos; 4 CON damage, 11/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 22/74hp, 32nl damage; prone, unconscious
Vordrek; (ghoul fever; 1 negative level); 23/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; poisoned; in a mindscape
Sinuhotep
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp; Will save needed
Tahonikepsu; trapped in a mindscape, 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Rogar (heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level);
Nithrandyl (mage armour); -4 CON, 3/38hp; 2 Fort saves needed; sickened

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms

Enora is up! Rogar and Nith will probably want to wait and see if Enora saves before acting.


Enora is using her prescience result of 15 for the saving throw. Will save: 15+7 = 22 vs. DC 19 means it is successful. ;-) Enora is really a great pregen!

Free action: Prescience, 3 remaining: 1d20 ⇒ 13

* * *

Enora is clearly frightened when Aryana Tahari tries to cast a touch spell on her but delighted to see that Sinuhotep came through with his dispel magic.

When Tahari tries to possess her she cries out "Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooo!" and with a glimpse of this moment that she had seen a couple of seconds ago, she is able to control herself and send Tahari's consciousness out of her mind.

* * *

After regaining control Enora looks at Tahari and the wasps and knows that she is surrounded but she is a halfling! No fear! She jumps into the unattended black Sage Jewel.

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

Rogar Sees the time dragon remain stationary and looks very concerned... He decides to trust Vordrek to complete his task... He flicks his wrist to produce the scroll of good hope and casts it 7 targets within 30 feet of each other... i either get Karos and Nith or enora... sorry enora. Targeting Karos Kramac Jino Rogar Vordrek Nithrandyl and Tahonikepsu

"As my dwarven ancestors did battle an endless horde of ogre mages, so must we unite to end this foe once and for all!" Inspire Courage for the good guys!

Good Hope: This spell instills powerful hope in the subjects. Each affected creature gains a +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.
Inspire Courage +2: An affected ally receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Enora and Padrym's mindscape...

The dwarf Padrym stands in a palace at the heart of Osirion’s power in the Age of Destiny, and he watches a young girl—Aryana Tahari—walk past with a few spectral figures trailing in her wake. "Noble Padrym, may I ask for your assistance with a problem concerning the life cycles of horse flies?"
"Begone child! Pharaoh needs my census report, I've no time for your trivial irrelevancies!"

He sees her later as a young woman, an adult, and then in middle-age, her entourage of spirits growing each time. At each point he sees a chance to speak or act as the ghosts implore him to intervene, but each time he remains silent, each time he has something more important to be doing.

Padrym broods over points he could have interceded in Tahari’s life and chose not to interfere. Enora may use Diplomacy, Knowledge (history or religion), or Perform (oratory) checks to remind him that the necromancer’s choices were her own or that the past is written and done. Bonuses for roleplay!

Rogar and Nithrandyl may also act!


Enora sees the scene and it reminds her of her own parents that rarely had time to hear her thought about the gods ...

She walks towards Padrym and silently says.

"I know that you think that you are partially responsible for Tahari's path because you saw her darken but did little to intervene. But it was her path. Her path into darkness and I promise you that I have seen her vicious nature and her first murder when she was only a small child." and Enora shudders when she thinks of the memory and shares the story with Padrym.

"Padrym, you were a man that held responsibility for taks that affected thousands of citizens. You were responsible for decisions that affected the whole empire of the Pharaoh! It was your duty to give everything for the greater good ... for the people!"

She tries to looks him straight in the eyes.

"Please let go! Do not think about the past of Tahari for she was and still is an unparalleled evil and needs to be destroyed! Help us to achieve this goal! Today's Sages are all standing next to each other and need your memory to continue spreading the learnings of the past! Stand with us to rebuild the order of the Sages!"

kn(history): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
kn(history): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
kn(history): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

In Padrym's mindscape...

"They asked me to take Aryana Tahari as an apprentice. They said I could instil discipline into her, teach her to use her talents for the good of the empire. I didn't want a human apprentice. Too flighty, I thought. Not serious-minded." Padrym reflects, as the memories replay. "She went to the Usij, of course. I knew what they were. Many of Pharaoh's other advisors cautioned him against dealing with them. Those other advisors perished, or disappeared. I kept my silence." You notice that several of the ghosts in Tahari's train wear the same uraeus amulet as Padrym. "When Pharaoh gave Resa over to Tahari, I knew his intent. I knew what would happen to those innocent people. And still I kept my silence." You see the ghosts of Resa, crying out to Padrym. "Pharaoh built the House of Oblivion. Tahari visited plague upon our enemies! The Pharaoh's court rejoiced in our greatness. Still I kept my silence. When the Sarenites finally killed Tahari I had my spies enter her quarters in the palace. They brought me the Onyx Jewel. Such a treasure! Do you see what my silence gained me? How many died, so that I could enjoy 'wisdom'? I am not wise. I cannot help you. Leave me here and forget me."

Only 1 success. Padrym remains in the thrall of Tahari. Do you stay within the mindscape Enora, or leave?

Nith may act!

I'll give it till tomorrow (at least 12 hours) before botting


I can exit the mindscape and then come back during my next action to continue, right? Or is my one success lost when I leave now?


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |
noral wrote:
I can exit the mindscape and then come back during my next action to continue, right? Or is my one success lost when I leave now?

The scenario doesn't give you any way to know if successes accumulate, nor how many you need in fact (although I have given you that). You can enter or leave the mindscape as a free action. I can give you more information after Vordrek and/or Enora go for a second round in a mindscape, because then you may have learned more about what happens inside them.

All Enora really knows for now is that she felt she was getting through to Padrym, but then Padrym fell into a melancholy rant and she realised that she lost him again.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Botting Nith...

Nithrandyl staggers out of the wasp swarm.

Fort vs poison: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 - 2 = 7 1 DEX damage, poisoned
Fort vs distraction: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 - 2 = 16 Success!

He brushes the stinging insects off himself and desperately grabs for the scroll of Heal that you retrieved earlier. He tries to follow the complex and powerful spell:

caster level check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Nithrandyl concentrates, and successfully casts the spell upon himself! All of his injuries are miraculously healed, and he stands up straight again, invigorated. Heal cures 110 hp damage and all attribute damage, as well as clearing poison.

End of Round 3! Next round coming up...


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Rogar casts the spell that he asked Torch to provide earlier, and some of you are filled with new hope for victory against the evil Black Moon! The dwarf regales with stories of ancient heroism...

spell penetration vs Tahonikepsu: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 = 21

Tahonikepsu is currently trapped in her mindscape and has therefore had no opportunity to lower her spell resistance to accept the Good Hope spell. She resists the spell.

Nithrandyl staggers out of the wasp swarm and Heals all his ills, although he is still affected by the Well of Evil.

"Oh, I hate bards. And their ridiculous cow-goddess Hathor!' Tahari mutters.

The Diamond Jewel pulses in tandem with the white light orbiting Tahari.

The Diamond and Onyx project images from Tahari's past. You see her filing the horns off a Doru div that she has immobilised with her magic. The creature spits curses at her, but is powerless to move or prevent Tahari's ministrations. She seals away the horns in a box and laughs as her maimed servant flies off shrieking.

Crimson Rose flies towards Rogar, but then she spies Vordrek's Chelaxian robe, and swerves towards him.

Infernal:
"From the Pit, are you lover? I'll send you back there!"

claw vs Vordrek: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Fort save vs Disease please Vordrek. And another Fort save vs Poison for the wasp venom still in your system.

Combat round 4

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend); flying, ground level.
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened; good hope
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp; good hope
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 62/69hp
Karos; 4 CON damage, 11/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened; good hope
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 22/74hp, 32nl damage; prone, unconscious
Vordrek; ghoul fever; 1 negative level; 14/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; poisoned; in a mindscape; 2 fort saves needed; good hope
Sinuhotep
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp; Edit: staring down Tahari!
Tahonikepsu; trapped in a mindscape, 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Rogar; heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level; good hope
Nithrandyl (mage armour); sickened; good hope

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms; inspire courage +2; good hope

Note that the 4 squares in the centre of the map representing the Orrery and ritual area are impassible on the ground unless you are wasp-sized (diminutive); you can squeeze through these squares if you are Tiny.

The repulsive effect of the Well of Evil means that Kramac, Karos and Nith need to make a Will save to approach within 30 feet of Tahari.

Kramac and Jino are up!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Will Save, Sickened, Good Hope, Inspire: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 24
Ride Check, sickened, good hope: 1d20 + 12 - 3 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 - 3 - 2 + 2 = 14

Kramac attempts to deftly swing onto Jino, but stumbles a bit and takes am moment to mount up.

Torch! Got any scrolls of healing in that sack of yours? Toss me one, and lets get Amenopheus back in the game!

Asking for a scroll of cure serious wounds from Torch. I'm not sure if I need to spend a move action to take the scroll from torch or if he just spends one to hand it to me and taking it is a free action.

If I will need a move action to take scroll from torch:

Kramac will drop his chicken saber and ready to cast the scroll on Amenopheus when Torch hands it to him.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 8, 5) + 5 = 20

If Kramac needs to spend a move action to take the scroll:

Kramac will cast Protection from Evil on himself, and heal the sage next round.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

"Oh, c'mon now Kramac! You don't think Grandmaster Torch can work a scroll? I have to say I'm a little disappointed." Torch laughs at Kramac, his wounds glistening green."I'll get the old man on his feet. You go lay that ghost to rest!"

Torch can activate scrolls I reckon. He has Bard levels, and he must have UMD. I'll take your die roll for the healing Kramac, on Torch's turn. Do you want to stick with Protection from Evil as your Standard Action?

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 4 | AC: 15/11/14 (+bestow curse) | HP: 75/75 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +14 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11 (darkvision)

Fort vs disease: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Fort vs poison: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Will now discharge my armor's stored bestow curse spell. Since it uses the armor's caster level, I guess it would also use the armor's (minimum) save DC? If yes, DC 14 Will negates; if it uses mine, DC 18. Either way, on a failed save she takes a permanent -4 to attacks, saves, and checks.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Ah, didn't realize he had bard levels. Thought he was all Rogue. He can definitely use it then, as the spell is on the Bard spell list. Protection from Evil sounds good still. Don't want to get malevolenced.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Vordrek, it's an immediate action to activate your spell-storing armour. I don't think you can activate it whilst you are in the Sage's mindscape. You could activate a mindscape analogue of it, if you were attacked in the mindscape, but you can't activate it in the real world. Also, you are not aware that you've been attacked in the real world.

Given that I only just posted additional details (in discussion thread) about the consequences of remaining in a mindscape round-to-round, I will allow you to retcon your decision to stay in Tahonikepsu's mindscape if you prefer, and then you can activate the armour.

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 4 | AC: 15/11/14 (+bestow curse) | HP: 75/75 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +14 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11 (darkvision)

Hmmm. I'm not sure I agree with that interpretation, but ok sure. (The rules on mindscapes seem really weird.) In that case, disregard my discussion post-- Vordrek will leave the mindscape after his last turn and activate the armor after that attack.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Moving right along then:

Vordrek, the div has Spell Resistance. I'm going to roll the saving throw now - if she fails, then please roll your Caster Level check.

Will vs Curse: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 She passes, so the Caster Level check is moot.

"Vordrek, get out of there! Let Karos and I deal with that div." Dhiara advises Vordrek to move. Putting her in delay for now. Feel free to ask her to do something.

Combat round 4

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend); flying, ground level.
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened; good hope
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp; good hope
Karos; 4 CON damage, 11/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened; good hope
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 62/69hp
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 22/74hp, 32nl damage; prone, unconscious
Vordrek; ghoul fever; 1 negative level; 14/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; good hope
Sinuhotep
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp;
Tahonikepsu; trapped in a mindscape, 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Rogar; heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level; good hope
Nithrandyl (mage armour); sickened; good hope

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms; inspire courage +2; good hope

Kramac has already saved successfully vs the Well of Evil, meaning that he is able to approach Tahari.

Karos may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar Inquisitor 7 / Gunslinger 1 - HP 53/53 - AC 20 /T: 14/FF: 16 - Perception +15 - F: +11/ R: +12/ W: +12 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 , Init. +9

Karos wishes had a moment to cast spells, but knows his role in this fight is to pump his enemies full of lead, so he continues to load and fire almost faster than the eye can follow.

Shoot the div, using Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Reload, Rapid Shot, Bane and Judgment of Smiting. It still gets a cover bonus to AC, though.

Note: Judgment of Smiting (bullets count as good).

+2 Pistol, Point-Blank Shot, Bane, Judgment of Smiting, Rapid Shot, Inspire, Sickened and Good Hope (First Attack): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 32 <-vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + (6, 5, 6, 4) + 2 - 2 + 2 = 29

+2 Pistol, Point-Blank Shot, Bane, Judgment of Smiting, Rapid Shot, Inspire, Sickened and Good Hope (Second Attack): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 33 <-vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + (2, 6, 4, 3) + 2 - 2 + 2 = 22

+2 Pistol, Point-Blank Shot, Bane, Judgment of Smiting, , Rapid Shot, Inspire, Sickened and Good Hope (Third Attack): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 33 <-vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + (6, 1, 4, 2) + 2 - 2 + 2 = 23

As he fires, he chants a litany of sloth (Will save DC 15.

Overcome Spell Resistance?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

If he kills the div, he'll turn his fire on another target, but not against the swarms.

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

did you use inspire and good hope?

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar Inquisitor 7 / Gunslinger 1 - HP 53/53 - AC 20 /T: 14/FF: 16 - Perception +15 - F: +11/ R: +12/ W: +12 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 , Init. +9

Nope, but I have now! Thanks for the reminder.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Karos shoots the div, his holy bullets tearing into her corrupt flesh. It is not enough to destroy her yet. His spell has no effect. Does not overcome SR

"Vordrek, Rogar, free Tahonikepsu. No Sage can risk entering another mind trap." Dhiara strides into the wasp swarm to strike the div.

div fort save vs stunning fist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The div is stunned and staggered! Yay inspire courage damage bonus!

Torch pulls out a scroll from his magic bag, and uses it to cast a healing spell upon Amenopheus. "Come on old man, you're missing the fun!" Torch extends a hand and helps the Sapphire Sage to his feet.

"Oh dear. I sorely underestimated her level of control over the Jewels. I need a better vantage point" Amenoheus remarks as he takes in the battle. He looks to Kramac and Jino, then to Torch. "Are you coming, Emerald Sage?" Torch grins and nods, and Amenopheus casts a Dimension Door, relocating the Emerald and Sapphire Sages to an elevated section of the library where they can survey the field.

Combat round 4

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend); flying, ground level. -76hp, stunned, staggered
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened; good hope
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp; good hope
Karos; 4 CON damage, 11/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened; good hope
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 62/69hp
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 42/74hp, 12nl damage
Vordrek; ghoul fever; 1 negative level; 14/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; good hope
Sinuhotep
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp;
Tahonikepsu; trapped in a mindscape, 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Rogar; heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level; good hope
Nithrandyl (mage armour); sickened; good hope

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms; inspire courage +2; good hope

Vordrek is up!

451 to 500 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM supervillan's 9-07 Salvation of the Sages (low tier) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.