GM supervillan's 9-07 Salvation of the Sages (low tier) (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

maps and handouts


501 to 550 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 4 | AC: 15/11/14 (+bestow curse) | HP: 75/75 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +14 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11 (darkvision)

"I tried," Vordrek says as he begins a spell, "and failed. Rogar, perhaps you'll do better." He finishes his spell and reaches out, electricity crackling around his hand. I don't use this often, but it seems like a good opportunity.

Shocking grasp vs stunned div, flat-footed touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Caster level vs SR: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27
Oh yeah!

Damage: 5d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 6, 4, 1) + 1 = 18

Confirm crit, flat-footed touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Extra damage: 5d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4, 4, 3, 3) + 1 = 21
Lame. Also, 5-ft step back afterward.

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 4 | AC: 15/11/14 (+bestow curse) | HP: 75/75 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +14 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11 (darkvision)

Forgot to add Rogar's bonuses! Although since they're both morale bonuses, they wouldn't stack would they? If they don't, then my crit confirmation roll should be an 11; if they do, the it's a 13. Also, not sure if my spell counts as a weapon for purposes of adding extra damage, but if so then that would apply as well.

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

One is morale one is circumstance.
I think you get +2 for a stunned target :)


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Vordrek blasts the stunned div with lightning, exploding the vile temptress! Crit confirms! Stunned causes her to lose DEX to AC and take a -2 penalty on top, and you're using a touch attack. Boom!

Sinuhotep readies a counterspell again.

"You cannot comprehend the extent of my power! I will hear you scream and beg!"
Tahari works her magic again.

Spellcraft DC18:
She is casting Howling Agony

Sinuhotep attempts to counter!

gm screen:
sinuhotep vs tahari - fight!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Again, the lich's magic proves the stronger.

Determined to deal with the troublesome halfling, Tahari casts again. The Onyx Jewel pulses in sync with the black 'light' orbiting Tahari.

spellcraft DC20:
Tahari casts Suffocation.

Enora DC25 Fort save please.

if you pass:
You are staggered for 1 round as you gasp for breath.
if you fail:
Tahari's magic steals all the air from your lungs in an instant, and you begin suffocating. On your turn, attempt another DC25 Fort save. If you fail, you fall unconscious and are reduced to 0hp.

Combat round 4

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend)
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened; good hope
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp; good hope
Karos; 4 CON damage, 11/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened; good hope
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 62/69hp
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 42/74hp, 12nl damage
Vordrek; ghoul fever; 1 negative level; 14/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; good hope
Sinuhotep
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp;
Tahonikepsu; trapped in a mindscape, 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Rogar; heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level; good hope
Nithrandyl (mage armour); sickened; good hope

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms; inspire courage +2; good hope

The bold may act!

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 1 + 2 = 24
Rogar shivers at the Howling Agony barely avoided thanks to the Lich.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 1 + 2 = 13

First - Enora's Fort save:

If she fails the fort save and the result is between 20 and 24.. Rogar will cast Gallant inspiration.
gallant inspiration: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 woot straight average!

on Rogar's turn..
Rogar briefly pauses his verbal encouragements and will turn to the dragon and step into the mindscape....

Seeing the carnage within, Rogar will attempt to talk it down...

"It is the wisdom of the Ancestors that guide me. You who have flown the skies in their time, and acquired knowledge i could barely conceive of. Surely those learnings have taught you something of learning to stop a moment and look around."
diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 18 - 1 + 2 = 22

"We mortals are but a short lived group and you who carries knowledge must hold fast to you duties. you have an extraordinary opportunity to continue teaching these children the wisdom of the ancestors."

perform (oratory): 1d20 + 18 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 18 - 1 + 2 = 36

"Enough of this. Find yourself within and escape this trap Tahari has set for you. Release yoruself and bring about your own freedom from her once and for all!"
perform (oratory): 1d20 + 18 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 18 - 1 + 2 = 28

as Rogar shakes his head in the real world... he continues where he left off in his story. free action maintain inspire if the GM allows


Prescience result of 13 is not enough. :-( Have to roll.

Fort, +5 potentially from Rogar -> yes! Thanks: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"Goodbye you black, evil hag! Team, prepare to gain speed!!!"

Move action: Enora uses dimensional slide to move up to the space right of Kramac. No AoO. Can you move my icon please. Standard action: Enora casts haste on the party. Free action:Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 15 /// To be honest I cannot endure standing next to Tahari anymore. Too dangerous!!! Sorry. :-(


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

It's all about the saving throws at higher levels ;)

Enora you are still Staggered for one round even on a successful save, so it's either Slide away or try a casting.

Rogar's magic saves Enora from a terrible fate. Rogar, I 5' stepped you so you can get into Tahonikepsu's mindscape.

Rogar and Tahonikepsu...

Rogar sees the enormous dragon struggling with her frustrations in the vast library filled with mewling humanoid infants. "Learning about learning? What riddle is this you speak?" she says. "Yes, children all of you! I see Time. I am Time. How oddly linear you mortals are, were, and shall be. I pity you. Can you ever understand? Your experience is so limited. There was, is, and shall be no possibility of a mortal entrapping me! I was, am and shall be free!"

The mindscape splinters and crashes into nothingness. The Diamond Jewel swallows it up, and drops towards the floor - and Tahonikepsu catches it. The white light orbiting Tahari winks out.

"I was, am, and shall be A DRAGON!" Tahonikepsu roars! She clambers up to the higher balcony level, and unleashes her lightning breath. The breath weapon catches Sinuhotep, a wasp swarm and Tahari. But Sinuhotep is immune to electricity, which Tahonikepsu knows.

swarm ref vs tahonikepsu: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

The swarm is destroyed only one swarm out of four though. Sinuhotep glances over his shoulder at Tahonikepsu and smiles a thin, rictus smile. "Welcome back." he says.

Tahari ref vs Tahonikepsu: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Tahari is caught in the blast. A white shield flares around her, and fades.

knowledge (arcana) DC28:
Tahari has a source of temporary stamina (ie hit points). You suspect, from the light display, that this source is the Diamond Jewel and that with her connection to that Jewel now severed this resource cannot be replenished.

Rogar, you can't maintain your Performance whilst you are inside the mindscape - your body is effectively dazed until you return. You'll have to restart your Inspire Courage next round. Great job saving Enora and freeing Tahonikepsu though!

Combat round 4

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend)
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened; good hope
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp; good hope
Karos; 4 CON damage, 11/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened; good hope
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 62/69hp
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 42/74hp, 12nl damage
Vordrek; ghoul fever; 1 negative level; 14/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; good hope
Sinuhotep
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp; staggered
Rogar; heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level; good hope
Tahonikepsu; 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Nithrandyl (mage armour); sickened; good hope

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms; good hope

The bold may act!


Sorry. Dimensional slide first!! ;-)


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Botting Nithrandyl.

Nith takes his bow in hand and casts Gravity Bow. "Rogar, Karos, remember the Ghost Salt!"

Rogar has 4 ghost salt arrows, Nith has 8, and Karos has 8 ghost salted bullets. Remember that these bullets are not paper cartridges, and so take a move action to load with Rapid Reload.

Round 5 coming up!


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Only the Onyx Jewel remains linked to Tahari. It projects another image of Tahari's life. This time it is her mortal death that you witness. Tahari, now quite advanced in age, stands atop a pile of Sarenite corpses. She plunges obsidian shards into their dead eyes and begins animating them as undead servants to send against their former comrades. A mighty angel swoops down from above and impales Tahari on its sword - but even as it strikes the deadly blow, Tahari's plagues corrupt the agent of Good; its flesh blisters, and pustules erupt from its skin. It sinks to its knees, a shocked expression on its face. And Tahari dies with a final cackle at the sight.

wasp swarm vs Dhiara: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Combat round 5

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend)
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened; good hope, pfe
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp; good hope
Karos; 4 CON damage, 11/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened; good hope
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 58/69hp
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 42/74hp, 12nl damage
Vordrek; ghoul fever; 1 negative level; 14/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; good hope
Sinuhotep
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp; staggered
Rogar; heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level; good hope
Tahonikepsu; 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Nithrandyl (mage armour); sickened; good hope, gravity bow

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms; good hope

The bold may act!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Your evil ends now!

With the newfound speed from Enora, Kramac spends Jino to dash around the back hallway away from the swarms. As the rhino turns, Kramac leans out of the saddle, dropping his weapon on the ground, and scooping up the golden gleaming flail. The rhino comes thundering around the corner and closes rapidly with the ghost. Kramac raises the flail and swings it with all his might.

Attack roll, outflank, good hope, haste, power attack, combat expertise: 1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 30

Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13

I assume that attack hits, regardless of what the flail is. For damage, I have no idea what bonuses it has. Feel free to roll anything extra needed, or tell me what they are and I'll roll them

Touch AC is currently 17 (assuming she is evil :D)

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

we are not hasted yet.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Ah, well I still have enough movement to get there. Just take 1 I ff the attack roll and AC is 16


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Kramac grabs Ermias Dalla's flail. As he does so, he feels the presence of the fallen paladin. Kramac feels Dalla's grief and pain, and his righteous anger towards Aryana Tahari. The flail is a +2 holy ghost touch light flail.

Kramac turns Jino around and races to outflank Tahari (literally!). He strikes the ghost, and feels the blow connect as if against solid flesh!

additional damage, holy, sneak attack, enhancement: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6, 6) + 2 = 20

Karos is up!

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar Inquisitor 7 / Gunslinger 1 - HP 53/53 - AC 20 /T: 14/FF: 16 - Perception +15 - F: +11/ R: +12/ W: +12 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 , Init. +9

SO... question for the players. The GM reminded us of the ghost salt weapons, but I can put three bullets into her with paper cartridges, but only one ghost salt bullet. 3x 1/2 damage seems better than 1xfull damage, yeah?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

3 half seems better to me, especially with the bane.

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar Inquisitor 7 / Gunslinger 1 - HP 53/53 - AC 20 /T: 14/FF: 16 - Perception +15 - F: +11/ R: +12/ W: +12 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 , Init. +9

Karos rushes forward, firing a single holy bullet when he is close.

Swift Action: Change Bane to Undead.
Move Action: Move 30'.
Standard Action: Shoot.

Use his last use of Up Close and Deadly.
Note: Judgment of Smiting (bullets count as good).

+2 Pistol, Point-Blank Shot, Bane, Judgment of Smiting, Inspire, Sickened, Good Hope and Up Close and Deadly: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 31 <-vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + (3, 5, 1, 1) + 2 + 2 = 19


Based on the discussion here are three knowledge checks that I thought are potentially relevant.

knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Karos sends a righteous bullet at Tahari, which tears through her incorporeal form, gaining her attention.

Kramac considers whether you need to close the Onyx mindscape before you dispatch the ghost of Black Moon...

All of you may attempt these knowledge checks (assuming you are trained)

Knowledge (religion) DC 23:
You realise that ghosts, whilst incorporeal in their manifestations, are always tied to a place in the material world or an event. Ghosts have the Rejuvenation ability. "Rejuvenation (Su): In most cases, it’s difficult to destroy a ghost through simple combat: the “destroyed” spirit restores itself in 2d4 days. Even the most powerful spells are usually only temporary solutions. The only way to permanently destroy a ghost is to determine the reason for its existence and set right whatever prevents it from resting in peace. The exact means varies with each spirit and may require a good deal of research." In Tahari's case, the Jeweled Sages (mainly Amenopheus) have conducted this research already and the result is the ritual that you have already performed. However, the ritual has not been completely successful. It has forced Tahari to manifest but has not destroyed her.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 28:
As ghosts are usually tied to places and objects that were important to them in life, Aryana Tahari is tied to the Sage Jewels and to her sanctum where you are now doing battle. You have learned from Tahari's notes and the journal that you found in the sanctum that a portion of Tahari's soul was hidden in each Sage Jewel, and like a disease it replicated each time a new Jewel was made. The Sage Jewels function as a kind of pseudo-phylactery for Tahari. To fully and finally destroy Tahari you will need to break her connection to every Jewel present; you can do this by freeing the Sages from the mindscapes (granting the Sage full control over the Jewel and purging Tahari's presence) or physically destroying the Jewel. The last remaining Jewel under Tahari's control is the Onyx.

I will delay posting further actions for the Sages until you've had a chance to attempt these checks. You can also ask the Sages themselves for advice, but the amount of info they can convey during a combat round will be limited.

Edit: Enora passed the checks! Go ahead and read the spoilers Enora. You can then post in-character comments, but keep them relatively limited please. You are still staggered and out of breath. Everyone else can also attempt the checks too.


Enora is out of breath and stutters a little but can get a couple of words out.

"We ... need to break her link ... to all Sage ... Jewels!"

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

kn:religion: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 15
kn:arcana: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 25

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 4 | AC: 15/11/14 (+bestow curse) | HP: 75/75 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +14 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11 (darkvision)

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

"I think you're right," Vordrek growls."She's tied to the jewels like a lich to a phylactery. We need to destroy them."

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

"no! The knowledge lost woulda be devastating! We must finish freeing the sages!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Kramac shouts over the din of battle, Amenopheus! Get Rogar to the jewel! Once he frees the onyx jewel we can end this for good!


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Karos, reaching your current position requires a DC15 Will save vs the Well of Evil. If you fail the save you need to change your position so that you are at least 30 feet away from Tahari (which will mean not attacking touch AC).

Sinuhotep looks over at Vordrek as the tiefling mentions phylacteries. The lich quickly returns his attention to Tahari, his brow furrowed.

"I believe Kramac has the right idea." says Dhiara. She jumps up to Amenopheus, takes the Sapphire Sage in her arms, and drops down to the lower level, setting the wizard down gently. "Go."

"We've got you covered, old man!" says Torch as he fires off an arrow towards Tahari, striking true.

The Sapphire Sage approaches Rogar, works another Dimension Door and transports the dwarf next to the Onyx Jewel, just outside of a wasp swarm. "Free Padrym, and purge the Jewel."

Combat round 5

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend)
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened; good hope, pfe
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp; good hope
Karos; 4 CON damage, 11/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened; good hope
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 58/69hp
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 42/74hp, 12nl damage
Vordrek; ghoul fever; 1 negative level; 14/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; good hope
Sinuhotep
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp; staggered
Rogar; heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level; good hope
Tahonikepsu; 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Nithrandyl (mage armour); sickened; good hope, gravity bow

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms; good hope

Vordrek is up!

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 4 | AC: 15/11/14 (+bestow curse) | HP: 75/75 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +14 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11 (darkvision)

Vordrek backs up a step and weaves a healing spell to close some of his wounds.

Cure serious wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6, 7) + 5 = 24

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar Inquisitor 7 / Gunslinger 1 - HP 53/53 - AC 20 /T: 14/FF: 16 - Perception +15 - F: +11/ R: +12/ W: +12 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 , Init. +9

Karos will save v. Well of Evil: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 21

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 16


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Sinuhotep once more readies to counter Tahari's magic.

Faced with assault on two fronts, Tahari attempts to shut down her attackers.

spellcraft DC 17:
Tahari defensively casts Create Pit

gm screen:
Sinuhotep vs Tahari: fight!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

This time, Tahari's magic proves stronger. A yawning pit opens underneath Jino and Kramac.

Jino attempt a DC20 Reflex save. Since Kramac is in the saddle, he will fall if Jino falls.

if you fail:
Jino and Kramac fall 30 feet to the bottom of the pit. However, seeing the pit open underneath them Tahonikepsu speaks a word of dragon-magic, and you both drift to the bottom under a Feather Fall spell. The walls of the pit are smooth and look difficult to climb.

if you pass:
Move yourself either 10 feet forwards or 10 feet back. If you end your next turn adjacent to the pit you will need to make another save.

Next, Tahari turns her attention to the gunslinger. She casts a barrage of magic missiles at Karos.

Tahari casts both these spells defensively and cannot fail the concentration checks.

magic missile vs Karos: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 4, 2) + 5 = 20 Ouch, sorry Karos. You don't actually die until -13hp, the CON damage doesn't change this.

"Even as you think you near victory, I deny you!" the ghost gloats with satisfaction and sinks into the floor beneath her.

Combat round 5

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend)
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened; good hope, pfe
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp; good hope; ref save needed
Karos; 4 CON damage, -9/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened; good hope; dying
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 58/69hp
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 42/74hp, 12nl damage
Vordrek; ghoul fever; 1 negative level; 38/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; good hope
Sinuhotep
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp
Rogar; heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level; good hope
Tahonikepsu; 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Nithrandyl (mage armour); sickened; good hope, gravity bow

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms; good hope

The bold may act! Enora is no longer staggered.


I cannot see Tahari on the map anymore. She is not visible and in the floor I assume.

FREE Action: prescience 2/6 remaining: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Enora takes out her rod of extend and casts 'haste' on Tahonikepsu, Rhino, Kramac, Karos and Sinuhotep!

Duration 14 rounds.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |
noral wrote:
I cannot see Tahari on the map anymore. She is not visible and in the floor I assume.

That is correct.

noral wrote:

Enora takes out her rod of extend and casts 'haste' on Tahonikepsu, Rhino, Kramac, Karos and Sinuhotep!

Duration 14 rounds.

You'll only be able to catch Kramac and Jino in the Haste if Jino makes his save against the Pit spell. You'll also need to roll a Caster Level Check against Tahonikepsu's Spell Resistance.


GM, thanks, that makes sense!

CL check vs. SR: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

Rogar steps into the final mindscape...

He watches the stoic dwarf go about his duties.
"Padrym - i see your decisions before us. How does it benefit to brood on past choices? Learn from experience, heed the wisdom of the past... but move forward armed with that knowledge."
diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 18 - 1 + 2 = 28

"What troubles you so much now? The Lich made her own choices. You did not encourage her. You may not have been able to stop her if you tried. It is not your fault another chose that path."

perform(oratory): 1d20 + 18 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 18 - 1 + 2 = 30

"I see you as one whom i would consult happily in my persuit of the wisdom of the ancestors. I would be honored to spend more time with you. But not now. Now we return together... to end this Lich's goals and correct that which you seem to regret."
diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 18 - 1 + 2 = 25


Animal Companion 8 |Current AC: 31 AC Base: 28 T 12 FF 24 | HP 76/76 | F +11 R +8 W +3 | CMD 25 | Hunter's Trick 3/4

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

Looks like I'm in a hole.

First thing's first, Enora, you can delay to cast haste until I get out of the hole if you want - there aren't any enemies between the two of us, so it might be worth it. Up to you.

Second, GM, I am probably going to use a boon to cast fly. Air Walk has explicit rules for how animal companions interact with the spell, but fly does not. If I cast fly on Jino, will he be able to make use of his new mode of movement? Will it require a handle animal check? Or will he just have no idea what to do?

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

she also has a different set of four pc's to target

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Inquisitor 7 / Gunslinger 1 - HP 53/53 - AC 20 /T: 14/FF: 16 - Perception +15 - F: +11/ R: +12/ W: +12 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 , Init. +9

"I would like to have seen Montana."

Karos flies, back, collapsing onto the darkened flagstones and lays still in a widening pool of blood.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

I've posted some guidance on flying rhinos in Discussion.

Jino and Kramac a caught unawares by Tahari's conjured pit, but Tahonikepsu speaks an arcane word and protects them with a Feather Fall.

Rogar and Padrym...

"Lich? Sinuhotep uses his Sage Jewel as his phylactery, it's true. Oh, you mean Tahari. I think she has surpassed lichdom, brother. Every Jewel, including the copies that we made, holds a fraction of her soul. Every Jewel is a pseudo-phylactery for her - she could retreat to any of them and continue her existence as a shade of memory, reaching out and corrupting all who would dare to claim one for themselves. But, it is also true that the Order of Jeweled Sages is connected to the Jewels. Each of us. We have spent years, millennia in fact, establishing and strengthening our connections. All of that history, that lore and skill, is stored in the Jewels." Padrym rises from his morose stupor. "Aryana Tahari is a skilled necromancer, herbalist, and cultivator of plague. But her will is only one. United, the Jeweled Sages are stronger! Black Moon will keep me here no more. The Onyx Sage Jewel is mine and mine alone. I will share its lore only with the Order. I do not permit Aryana Tahari to reside here any longer!"

There is an outburst of arcane energies, and Rogar returns to the real world. The Onyx Jewel absorbs its mindscape and drops to the floor, still inside a swarm of wasps.

Enora do you want to change your Haste targets?


I would include Dhiara, Torch, Vordrek, Tahonikepsu in the haste instead. I have one more 3rd level spell to cast and my bonded item which would allow me another 3rd level spell.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

All of the Sage Jewels have been purged of Aryana Tahari's presence!

"She is hiding in the stone. She will not suffer us to remain. Expect her to emerge and renew her attack!" Tahonikepsu warns. "Kramac, can you escape the pit unaided?"

The sinuous dragon reaches out and touches Vordrek, bestowing a Blur spell on the tiefling.

Botting Nith - still haven't heard from him.

Nithrandyl, lacking a target to shoot, casts a Magic Circle vs Evil via his Halcyon Druid spontaneous casting, dropping Siphon Might.. He then moves up towards Rogar and Enora, to bring them within the Circle effect.

Combat round 6

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend)
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened; good hope, pfe
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp; good hope; ref save needed
Karos; 4 CON damage, -9/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened; good hope; dying - stabilisation check needed
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 58/69hp; haste
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp; haste
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 42/74hp, 12nl damage
Vordrek; ghoul fever; 1 negative level; 38/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; good hope, haste, blur
Sinuhotep
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp
Rogar; heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level; good hope
Tahonikepsu; 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Nithrandyl (mage armour); sickened; good hope, gravity bow, magic circle

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms; good hope

The bold may act! Karos, for you this means a stabilisation check.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Since it seems like Tahonikepsu can help get me out, I'll wait on the boon... going to delay for now

Tahonikepsu! If you can get me out of here, I'd appreciate it!


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |
Kramac wrote:

Since it seems like Tahonikepsu can help get me out, I'll wait on the boon... going to delay for now

Tahonikepsu! If you can get me out of here, I'd appreciate it!

She's a huge dragon with 15 feet reach (on her bite). I'll say she can help you climb out via her tail. You'll need a climb check, but much easier than scaling the wall of the pit. Or, she could squeeze into the pit and lift you out. But that would take longer.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7
GM supervillan wrote:
Kramac wrote:

Since it seems like Tahonikepsu can help get me out, I'll wait on the boon... going to delay for now

Tahonikepsu! If you can get me out of here, I'd appreciate it!

She's a huge dragon with 15 feet reach (on her bite). I'll say she can help you climb out via her tail. You'll need a climb check, but much easier than scaling the wall of the pit. Or, she could squeeze into the pit and lift you out. But that would take longer.

Would that be sufficient for Jino to attempt to climb out? Seems like it might be a tight fit. If so, I'll wait for that. If not, I'll go ahead and use the boon then...

Going to go ahead and make the rolls for the boon, just to move things along...

If Jino can't climb up the tail:

Ride Check: 1d20 + 11 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 3 = 28
Fly Check for Jino: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 3 + 3 = 29

Kramac briefly grasps a talisman inscribed with a pair of softly glowing runes in auran on his belt. One of the runes flares briefly before burning out. Jino floats slightly off the ground. Kramac shouts at the rhino and pulls on the reigns, and the Rhino shoots up out of the hole.

Hiya! Get us back in the fight friend!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

I notice you already moved the dragon. I guess she cast and then moved? I'm going to post the climb check for here, in case you allow Jino to clamber out on the tail.

If Jino can climb up the tail:

Ride check to convince Jino that crawling up a dragon's tail is in fact a good idea: 1d20 + 11 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 3 = 22
Climb for Jino: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Upon reaching the top of the pit, Kramac surveys the battlefield. Seeing Karos unconscious and bleeding, he will quickly undo the straps on his shield, and toss it to the ground, freeing his hand from the currently useless shield to do other things.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

As daft as the image of a rhino climbing up a dragon's tail is, there is no rule saying that animals can't climb. However, it isn't any easier for a rhino to climb a dragon than it is to climb a pit wall, whereas a humanoid will find it much easier.

Tahonikepsu flies over the top of the pit, complaining loudly about how cramped everything is. She spreads her wings and tries to hover, lowering her rear quarters and tail down into the pit. "Can you climb, Kramac?" she says, perhaps not expecting the rhino to attempt it.

Kramac urges Jino forwards, and the beast tries to grab hold of Tahonikepsu's tail in its mouth. The dragon objects, swiftly pulling her tail away as Jino growls in anger and confusion. Kramac then takes control, activating his belt rune and guiding Jino up out of the pit, much to Tahonikepsu's surprise.

As far as game rules go, the climb is very difficult for the rhino but quite easy for a humanoid. Jino tries to climb but fails, then makes a successful fly check. Actions are two move actions for Jino, a standard and a move for Kramac. Jino and Kramac move 30' straight up, ending their turn above but not inside the pit. Jino is flying. Using the boon is definitely the fastest way to escape the pit with the rhino.

ETA: Kramac + Jino if you want to take an additional 60' flying move at the top of the pit you can do so. You're spending the boon, after all. Any turns of 90 degrees need a DC15 fly check, any turns of 180 degrees need a DC20 fly check.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 84/84 | F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perc +14 (+4 On Jino) | Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Kramac will direct Jino 10 feet into the air, and out from over top of the pit. I moved in a straight line after coming out of the pit, so I don't think I need any more fly checks.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

You're all good Kramac.

I can wait for Karos' stabilisation roll.

Dhiara moves into a more central position so as to be able to better protect the pathfinders. "Stay alert. Tahari could resurface anywhere." The Topaz Sage stands ready to strike should a foe come in reach.

Grandmaster Torch readies his bow. "Got nothing yet. She'll not escape!"

Putting Amenopheus on delay.

Combat round 6

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend)
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened; good hope, pfe. flying 10' up
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp; good hope; flying 10' up
Karos; 4 CON damage, -9/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened; good hope; dying - stabilisation check needed
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 58/69hp; haste, ready
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp; haste, ready
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 42/74hp, 12nl damage, delay
Vordrek; ghoul fever; 1 negative level; 38/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; good hope, haste, blur
Sinuhotep
Aryana Tahari;
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp
Rogar; heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level; good hope
Tahonikepsu; 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Nithrandyl (mage armour); sickened; good hope, gravity bow, magic circle

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); Wasp Swarms; good hope

Vordrek is up!

Dark Archive

Male Tiefling Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 4 | AC: 15/11/14 (+bestow curse) | HP: 75/75 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +14 | CMB +6, CMD 17 | Initiative +1 | Perception +11 (darkvision)

"Hold on, Karos." Vordrek races to his Ally's side-- much faster than he's normally able-- and reaches out a healing hand.

Cure moderate wounds: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar Inquisitor 7 / Gunslinger 1 - HP 53/53 - AC 20 /T: 14/FF: 16 - Perception +15 - F: +11/ R: +12/ W: +12 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 , Init. +9

Karos's Stabilization Check (DC 19): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 2 = 12

Karos loses another hp.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Karos lies bleeding on the floor, but Vordrek arrives and restores the Caydenite to consciousness.

Sinuhotep looks for Tahari's return, again readying to thwart her casting.

But Tahari emerges out of the lich's line of sight, mere feet away from Amenopheus and Rogar.

"I see her! Look out old man!" cries Torch as he looses an arrow at Tahari. "Should have used some of that ghost salt myself" he mutters.

Tahari clutches the talisman around her neck, and casts. She invokes a howling blast of cold, that sweeps through the chamber.

cone of cold damage: 9d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 1, 6, 5, 3, 1, 2, 1) = 31 Reflex DC23 for half. Kramac and Jino are still in the area of effect but can take a +2 bonus on the save from partial cover. Everyone gets an additional +1 bonus from Dhiara's Guardian ability. And don't forget Dhiara's rerolls. Nithrandyl's Magic Circle spell grants a +2 resistance bonus to Rogar and Enora, but this does not stack with a Cloak of Resistance if you wear one.

Dhiara and Torch dodge the blast. Sinuhotep is unharmed. The lich turns, angrily searching for your assailant.

wasp swarm 1 reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
wasp swarm 2 reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
wasp swarm 3 reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

The swarms are destroyed by Tahari's evocation.

Amenopheus responds with a lightning blast, straight at Tahari! "The Order of Jeweled Sages condemns you Aryana Tahari!"

Tahari reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

The ghost avoids the worst of the blast.

Combat round 6

GM stuff
Jaundiced Jill (yellow fiend)
Crimson Rose (red fiend)
Ermias Dalla
Kramac: 4 CON damage, 22/46hp; sickened; good hope, pfe. flying 10' up
Jino: 4 CON damage, 38/45hp; good hope; flying 10' up
Karos; 4 CON damage, 1/37hp; bubonic plague; sickened; good hope;
Dhiara; 2 CON damage; 58/69hp; haste, ready
Vordrek; ghoul fever; 1 negative level; 38/40hp; 4 CON damage, 1 DEX damage; good hope, haste, blur
Sinuhotep, readying a counterspell
Torch; 2 CON damage; 50/57hp; haste
Aryana Tahari;
Amenopheus; 2 CON damage; 27/74hp, 12nl damage
Enora; 4 CON damage, 29/31hp plus 10 temp hp
Rogar; heightened awareness; heroism; 1 negative level; good hope
Tahonikepsu; 2 CON damage, 178/195hp
Nithrandyl (mage armour); sickened; good hope, gravity bow, magic circle

Active effects: Well of Evil (causes Sickened, repels); good hope

The bold may act! (and reflex saves from everyone...)

Scarab Sages

Male Dwarf Bard 7 | HP: 58/58[22/53] | AC: 21 (13 Tch) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 (Dwarf +3, Bard+4, heroism +2) | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +18, Diplo: +18 (heroism+2) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st: 1/5, 2nd: 0/4, 3rd: 1/1 | Dailies: 12/21Bardic Performances | Active Conditions: heroism, height awareness

reflex save, heroism, nL, Dwarf, pfe: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 - 1 + 3 + 1 = 16 i'll take it - ow

Rogar ducks back away from the ghost, drawing his bow as he goes... before beginning an inspiring tale of good versus evil.

inspire courage +2

Liberty's Edge

Male Aasimar Inquisitor 7 / Gunslinger 1 - HP 53/53 - AC 20 /T: 14/FF: 16 - Perception +15 - F: +11/ R: +12/ W: +12 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 22, Speed: 30 , Init. +9

Reflex save, sickened, good hope: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 27

Despite his rolling quickly into shelter, the blast is enough to kill Karos.

501 to 550 of 585 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM supervillan's 9-07 Salvation of the Sages (low tier) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.