GM Silbeg's Race for the Runecarved Key (tier 18-19) (Inactive)

Game Master Silbeg

Tactical & Handouts
Buff Sheet
Group Discussion


501 to 550 of 563 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

male human | HP: 213/213 | AC: 48 (21 Tch, 44 Fl) | CMB: +27, CMD: 48 (55 Grapple, 54 sunder, 52 disarm) | F: +23, R: +24, W: +21 | Init: +9 | Perc: +31 DR 11/-

"Hell of a speech for a turtle. "

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

Vuvu glances around, and continues to shout out his inspiring words

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

Trip AOO if a foe moves near me provokes out to 10 feet:

1d20 + 27 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 27 + 2 + 5 = 45

Vuvu defensively casts Ki Shout at the devil to the south of him
Defensive cast: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25

DC 25 fort to prevent being stunned for one round and for half damage
19d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 6, 6, 2, 2, 6, 5, 3, 1, 4, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5) = 67
SR if needed, using a dweomer essence 1d20 + 19 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 19 + 2 + 2 = 40

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

And another devil is dismissed in a cloud of brimstone and smoke. (these are obviously summoned creatures)

The conjurers, seeing what has happened to the assassin, all decide that they will live another day, and use dimension door to leave the area.

Combat over...

The team now ponders what to do about the key that is apparently missing, or perhaps polymorphed.

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Antonius looks over the turtle. Avoreal, could you dispel your enchantment so we can then secure the assassin and her prize? Perhaps the rest of us can stand ready to secure her?

First however, let us remove her freedom of movement. With that Antonius intones a quick spell, looking to strip her protective magic away.

Antonius uses a targeted dispel magic, specifically looking to remove freedom of movement. If he is successful he will ready a Greater Shadow Conjuration to duplicate Chains of Light which should immobilise her and prevent any form of dimensional travel. Greater Shadow Conjuration allows a DC29 will save followed by DC29 reflex save. If she passes the will save there is still a 60% chance she needs to make the reflex save. He slots his orange ioun stone for the dispel before replacing it.

Dispel Check: 1d20 + 18 + 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 18 + (1) - 1 = 25

The Exchange

Female CN Elf Wizard (Transmutation) 20.0 HP 182/182(+5) | AC 43 | T 23 | FF 38 | CMD 33(FoM) | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +21(+2 vs Ench) | Init +12 | Perc +24 | Images

Avoreal waits for Antonius to dispel the FoM and then removes the polymorph.

Dispel Check: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38 removes her own spell.

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

I can dispel as well if antonius fails.

Sovereign Court

male human | HP: 213/213 | AC: 48 (21 Tch, 44 Fl) | CMB: +27, CMD: 48 (55 Grapple, 54 sunder, 52 disarm) | F: +23, R: +24, W: +21 | Init: +9 | Perc: +31 DR 11/-

Vars will move next to the turtle ready to hit it once it is back in human form, and trying something sketchy (casting a spell or bolting). He'll use nonlethal dazing strike.

dazing assault, non lethal
to hit: 1d20 + 40 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 40 - 5 - 4 = 40 damage: 1d8 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31 DC 29 fort or dazed for 1 round

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

The team dispels some of the turtle's magics, and then proceeds to blast and/or pummel her into submission.

Avoreal, I believe you auto-succeed when you dispel your own magic?

Just as the team finds the Runecarved Key in her Handy Haversack, as swirling vortex of fire and brimstone forms momentarily, and a very large creature steps through! This towering, three-tailed, six-eyed beast seems like three runebacked serpents partially melded together into one body. As it comes through, it lunges as Duhwoo!

gargantuan bite! vs AC18: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (20) + 25 = 45
confirm vs AC18: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (10) + 25 = 35
bite damage: 9d8 + 9 ⇒ (7, 2, 8, 2, 4, 2, 2, 4, 4) + 9 = 44
Duhwoo Fort: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28 Succeeds!

Antonius and Vuvu:

Antonius Planes: 1d20 + 39 ⇒ (7) + 39 = 46
Vuvu Planes: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
This is an Xacarba... CE Gargantuan outsider (chaotic, evil, extraplanar)

Antonius:

These creatures have a variety of poisons, including one that does strength damage and hurts good aligned characters worse, one that does dexterity damage and causes confusion, and one that will cause the target to be affected by greater dispel magic

They also have the ability to redirect spells cast within 30' of them unless the target casts the spell defensively.

They are immune to electricity and poison, resistant to damage that isn't from good sources, resist acid, cold, and fire pretty well, and are generally very resistant to magic (SR).

They also can grab with their three tail slaps (the poison is delivered with their bite)/

init:

Avoreal init: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 4
Antonius init: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32 1
Duhwoo init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 5
Vuvu init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 6
Vars init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 3
Xacarba init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 2

Antonius are up is/are up!
Universal Adjustments: Mass Fly
Universal Conditions:

Lissala’s Gates rd 1:


  • => Antonius
  • Xacarba
  • Vars
  • Avoreal
  • Duhwoo
  • Vuvu

U = Unconscious
S = Surprised
D = Delay
=> Active

Conditions:
Avoreal: 154/154 (+22)
Antonius: 164/164 (+5)
Duhwoo: 216/264 (+rage)
Vars: 213/213
Vuvu: 142/155,

Enemies (or Allies?)
Xacarba:

The Exchange

Female CN Elf Wizard (Transmutation) 20.0 HP 182/182(+5) | AC 43 | T 23 | FF 38 | CMD 33(FoM) | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +21(+2 vs Ench) | Init +12 | Perc +24 | Images

Know Planes: 1d20 + 39 ⇒ (11) + 39 = 50 Not sure why im not rolled for..

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

Avoreal:

you can read Antonius's spoiler.
But, you listed the following skills:
Avoreal Skills: wrote:

Avoreal Disable Device: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (13) + 29 = 42

Avoreal Perception: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27
Avoreal Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Avoreal Appraise: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27
Avoreal Linguistics: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (4) + 33 = 37
Avoreal Spellcraft: 1d20 + 39 ⇒ (9) + 39 = 48
Avoreal Stealth: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (3) + 28 = 31
Avoreal UMD: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (18) + 32 = 50

The Exchange

Female CN Elf Wizard (Transmutation) 20.0 HP 182/182(+5) | AC 43 | T 23 | FF 38 | CMD 33(FoM) | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +21(+2 vs Ench) | Init +12 | Perc +24 | Images

Alright. I hadn't listed knowledge skill do to space on the sheet. I will continue to roll myself.

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

Ew. Woo you didn't tell me you were having a family reunion!

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

Anyone know anything about these beasts? I can take a moment if no one does.

meta. I can use my lore master on my turn if needed

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Antonius rolls twice on his knowledge checks using Investigative Mind, here you go in case it makes a difference. Also, how long since the encounter with the assassin? It will determine if haste or improved invisibility are still active.

Knowledge: 1d20 + 39 ⇒ (19) + 39 = 58

Be carefull all, these things are dangerous, they are poisonous, can grapple with their tails, seize control of your magic are immune to electricity and can resist many energy types.

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

If his clenched fist is still active (it lasts 18 rounds) then he will use a move action to direct it to the attack. It can fly 60' and attack which should be well within range.

SR Penetration: 1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 19 + 4 = 36
Attack, heroism, haste?: 1d20 + 41 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 41 + 2 = 50
Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
It deals physical damage so is subject to DR but does force a DC34 fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

Between combats was 10 rounds.
Fort Save DC34: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Of course not. Stupid dice.

The fist does a tiny bit of damage to the creature, but it does appear to be stunned by it.

Vars, Avoreal, Duhwoo, Vuvu are up is/are up!
Universal Adjustments: Mass Fly, Haste
Universal Conditions:

Lissala’s Gates rd 1:


  • x Antonius
  • x Xacarba [STUNNED]
  • => Vars
  • => Avoreal
  • => Duhwoo
  • => Vuvu

U = Unconscious
S = Surprised
D = Delay
=> Active

Conditions:
Avoreal: 154/154 (+22)
Antonius: 164/164 (+5)
Duhwoo: 216/264. (+rage)
Vars: 213/213
Vuvu: 142/155,

Enemies (or Allies?)
Xacarba:

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Antonius will simply float in mid air for his standard action, assuming the rest of the group will handle it now

I believe my work is currently done

Sovereign Court

male human | HP: 213/213 | AC: 48 (21 Tch, 44 Fl) | CMB: +27, CMD: 48 (55 Grapple, 54 sunder, 52 disarm) | F: +23, R: +24, W: +21 | Init: +9 | Perc: +31 DR 11/-

Vars will move up to the critter and give it a love tap (ok, maybe bit harder than that)

power attack, haste
to hit: 1d20 + 36 ⇒ (14) + 36 = 50 damage: 1d8 + 33 ⇒ (4) + 33 = 37

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

Vuvu begins to recite the tale of his amazing victory over the Midnight Mauler, his courage inspiring everyone who hears.

Inspire courage +5 and an additional 1d6 sonic

Vuvu moves up to Duhwoo and slaps him on the butt and says

Go get him tiger! casting Jesters Jaunt and teleporting Duhwoo next to the beast

dm it let's me teleport someone else 30 feet max

The Exchange

Female CN Elf Wizard (Transmutation) 20.0 HP 182/182(+5) | AC 43 | T 23 | FF 38 | CMD 33(FoM) | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +21(+2 vs Ench) | Init +12 | Perc +24 | Images

Avoreal will ready a Dazing Magic Missile in case the thing survives Duhwoo..

Readied Action:

SR: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (15) + 28 = 43
MM: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 4, 3) + 5 = 24 Plus DC 23 will or be dazed a round.

Sovereign Court

human(Taldan) CG Hillbilly18 | 238 of 264 (enraged: 310 of 336) {DR 4/-} | AC:18(T12/FF18) | CMB: 28(36), CMD: 35(33) | Fort21(25)/Ref16/Will14(17) | init+3 |Perception 22, SM 20 | move 35' | rage: 33/40, spells: 5/5 |
active stuff:
Adaptation, Unshakeable Resolve, Ring o' Blinking, GREATER Ring o' Inner Fortitude; Regen. (1hp/10 min)

still raging (with Reckless Abandon, Lunge, and the "Come and Get Me"), Duhwoo will fly a 5' step up, and swing his sword around repeatedly -- hoping to draw some smack down from the big thing:

first attack: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (11) + 37 = 48
for 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (4, 4) + 36 = 44 points of damage

iterative #1: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (10) + 27 = 37
if AC 37 hits, then 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (4, 3) + 36 = 43 points of damage

iterative #2: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25 ...

iterative #3: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 ...

"BIG FIENDS IS WHUT AH LIKES TA CHOP! AH HITS 'EM HARD UNTIL THEY STOP!"

CaGM AoOs:
first CaGM AoO: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (7) + 32 = 39
if AC 39 hits, then2d4 + 36 ⇒ (2, 1) + 36 = 39 points of damage

2nd CaGM AoO: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (16) + 32 = 48
for 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (2, 1) + 36 = 39 points of damage
crit confirm check: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (19) + 32 = 51
plus another 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (4, 1) + 36 = 41 points of crit damage

3rd CaGM AoO: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (11) + 32 = 43
for 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (3, 2) + 36 = 41 points of damage

4th CaGM AoO: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (3) + 32 = 35
if AC 35 hits, then 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (4, 4) + 36 = 44 points of damage

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Given it is stunned your 25 and 24 might well hit.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

The 25 hits.

Sovereign Court

human(Taldan) CG Hillbilly18 | 238 of 264 (enraged: 310 of 336) {DR 4/-} | AC:18(T12/FF18) | CMB: 28(36), CMD: 35(33) | Fort21(25)/Ref16/Will14(17) | init+3 |Perception 22, SM 20 | move 35' | rage: 33/40, spells: 5/5 |
active stuff:
Adaptation, Unshakeable Resolve, Ring o' Blinking, GREATER Ring o' Inner Fortitude; Regen. (1hp/10 min)

oh! well then, Duhwoo manages another 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (2, 4) + 36 = 42 points of damage

also, I failed to notice (as usual) that Vuvu's Inspire Courage was giving an additional d6 sonic per strike -- so please add 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) = 10 points of sonic damage from the 3 blows that landed

one more thing: a <Timely Inspiration> from a nearby bard would even make the 24 into a hit: *IF* Vuvu does happen to cast it on Duhwoo's final swing, add yet another
2d4 + 1d6 + 36 ⇒ (3, 2) + (1) + 36 = 42 points of damage to Duhwoo's total during his turn (sonic added in this time)...

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

Vuvu's inspire would have been after Duhwoo acted based on iniative order

Then, Avoreal's magic missiles strike. They do damage, but do not daze the powerful creature.
will save DC23: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39

Antonius are up is/are up!
Universal Adjustments: Mass Fly
Universal Conditions:

Lissala’s Gates rd 1:


  • => Antonius
  • Xacarba [STUNNED]
  • Vars
  • Duhwoo
  • Avoreal
  • Vuvu

U = Unconscious
S = Surprised
D = Delay
=> Active

Conditions:
Avoreal: 154/154 (+22)
Antonius: 164/164 (+5)
Duhwoo: 216/264. (+rage)
Vars: 213/213
Vuvu: 142/155,

Enemies (or Allies?)
Xacarba: -196

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Antonius sits back and watches as the fist conintues to pummel the monster.

Punch, heroism, haste, inspire: 1d20 + 41 + 2 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 41 + 2 + 1 + 5 = 69
Damage: 1d8 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 5 = 21

Confirm: 1d20 + 41 + 2 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 41 + 2 + 1 + 5 = 67
Damage: 1d8 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 5 = 22

DC34 fortitude save or be stunned another round. The rest of my turn is held until I see if it saves or not.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

Nope: I am not gonna make a fort save...

The Xacarba collapses, very obviously dead, after the fist of doom punches it in the nose.

The party can see portals opening up all around the Cathedral of Abadar, and can choose to flee if they wish.

Once you've told me you wish to stay (Rule of Three) I will move on!

Sovereign Court

male human | HP: 213/213 | AC: 48 (21 Tch, 44 Fl) | CMB: +27, CMD: 48 (55 Grapple, 54 sunder, 52 disarm) | F: +23, R: +24, W: +21 | Init: +9 | Perc: +31 DR 11/-

Stay.

The Exchange

Female CN Elf Wizard (Transmutation) 20.0 HP 182/182(+5) | AC 43 | T 23 | FF 38 | CMD 33(FoM) | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +21(+2 vs Ench) | Init +12 | Perc +24 | Images

Stay

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Stay, naturally!

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

By the start of this encounter, the round per level stuff have expired. Includes Haste, Fist, Invis

1d8 ⇒ 8

To the NorthEast, the group suddenly hears a loud, forlorn howl. It cuts through the din, and shakes you to the core. However, no one succumbs to the fear.

saves and init:

Avoreal Will: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35
Antonius Will: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (12) + 26 = 38
Duhwoo Will: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Vuvu Will: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36
Vars Will: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41

Avoreal init: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 1
Antonius init: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24 2
Duhwoo init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 5
Vuvu init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 6
Vars init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 3
Wendigo init: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 4

Vuvu, when you see it.:

It sounds scary. It looks scarier. You have no idea what it is!

Avoreal & Antonius, when you see it:

Antonius Planes: 1d20 + 39 ⇒ (2) + 39 = 41
Vuvu other kn: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Avoreal: 1d20 + 39 ⇒ (5) + 39 = 44

You both believe that this is a Wendigo (CE Large Outsider (Cold))

They require magic cold iron weapons to overcome their hardened skin, and are immune to cold and fear. They are also very resistant to magic (SR checks, please)

Antonius, when you see it:

If a Wendigo is able to pin you, it can start air walking away with you, which will also subject you to its curse of Wendigo dementia. (which will drain away your wisdom)

Avoreal, when you see it:
It is vulnerable to fire, being a creature of cold.

Antonius, Avoreal, and Vars are up is/are up!
Universal Adjustments: Mass Fly
Universal Conditions:

Lissala’s Gates 2 rd 1:


  • => Avoreal
  • => Antonius
  • Vars
  • Wendigo
  • Duhwoo
  • Vuvu

U = Unconscious
S = Surprised
D = Delay
=> Active

Conditions:
Avoreal: 154/154 (+22)
Antonius: 164/164 (+5)
Duhwoo: 216/264. (+rage)
Vars: 213/213
Vuvu: 142/155,

Enemies (or Allies?)
Wendigo:

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

Well that is terrifying

DM since it sounds like this happened immediately I would have kept my performance going. I will tick off another round

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Antonius will make another use of investigative mind to roll twice on his planes check

Planes: 1d20 + 39 ⇒ (1) + 39 = 40

Doh!

Sovereign Court

male human | HP: 213/213 | AC: 48 (21 Tch, 44 Fl) | CMB: +27, CMD: 48 (55 Grapple, 54 sunder, 52 disarm) | F: +23, R: +24, W: +21 | Init: +9 | Perc: +31 DR 11/-

Vars will move up next to the critter (even with fly I think that takes a double move, so I'm done).

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!
VC Vuvu Zuella wrote:

Well that is terrifying

DM since it sounds like this happened immediately I would have kept my performance going. I will tick off another round

It is several rounds later. Enough for Duhwoo to recover from his rage fatigue. If you were continuing, knock of 5 rounds.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!
Vars Stanic wrote:
Vars will move up next to the critter (even with fly I think that takes a double move, so I'm done).

Please move your token when you have moved, or ask for someone to do it. This has been done this time.

The creature takes a bite at Vars as he moves in. It gives a blank look at the fighter...
bite: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (2) + 26 = 28

Sovereign Court

male human | HP: 213/213 | AC: 48 (21 Tch, 44 Fl) | CMB: +27, CMD: 48 (55 Grapple, 54 sunder, 52 disarm) | F: +23, R: +24, W: +21 | Init: +9 | Perc: +31 DR 11/-

I thought I did move it

The Exchange

Female CN Elf Wizard (Transmutation) 20.0 HP 182/182(+5) | AC 43 | T 23 | FF 38 | CMD 33(FoM) | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +21(+2 vs Ench) | Init +12 | Perc +24 | Images

Avoreal moves up to get a look.

"A Wendigo! How fascinating! Would love to study it closer.."

She casts a spell attempting the turn it to stone.

SR: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (9) + 32 = 41

Casting Persistent Flesh to Stone(DC 32 Fort).

If it manages not to turn to stone she hits it with a Quickened Slow(DC 27 Will).

SR: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (17) + 28 = 45

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Antonius weaves another greater invisibility spell around himself and flies over the buildings to get a better look at the creature, assuming it hasn't been turned into a lawn ornament.

If it has not been turned to stone and is not slowed he will quicken a glitterdust at it, DC24 will save.

Sovereign Court

human(Taldan) CG Hillbilly18 | 238 of 264 (enraged: 310 of 336) {DR 4/-} | AC:18(T12/FF18) | CMB: 28(36), CMD: 35(33) | Fort21(25)/Ref16/Will14(17) | init+3 |Perception 22, SM 20 | move 35' | rage: 33/40, spells: 5/5 |
active stuff:
Adaptation, Unshakeable Resolve, Ring o' Blinking, GREATER Ring o' Inner Fortitude; Regen. (1hp/10 min)

just as the fiend takes a swipe at Vars, Duhwoo flies around the corner of the building:

"Dang -- that key sure is dredgin' up some trouble, huh?"

then he flies the dotted line route indicated, hoping to set up a flank for next round.

at the end of the round, *IF* the thing is not a statue, Duhwoo fires up another rage -- with Reckless Abandon and "Come and Get Me" Rage Powers active:

CAGM AoOs (just in case):

1st AoO: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (16) + 32 = 48
for 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (3, 2) + 36 = 41 points of damage
crit confirm check: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (4) + 32 = 36
if AC 36 confirms, then another 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (2, 3) + 36 = 41 points of damage

2nd AoO: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (9) + 32 = 41
for 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (4, 2) + 36 = 42 points of damage

3rd AoO: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (19) + 32 = 51
for 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (2, 3) + 36 = 41 points of damage
crit confirm check: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (20) + 32 = 52
for another 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (3, 1) + 36 = 40 points of damage

4th AoO: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (13) + 32 = 45
for 2d4 + 36 ⇒ (3, 1) + 36 = 40 points of damage

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

Fort Save DC32: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28
Fort Save DC32: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29

The creature is turned to stone.

You can stay for the next one, or "tap out"

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

Might as well stay.

The Exchange

Female CN Elf Wizard (Transmutation) 20.0 HP 182/182(+5) | AC 43 | T 23 | FF 38 | CMD 33(FoM) | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +21(+2 vs Ench) | Init +12 | Perc +24 | Images

Yall can have whats next.. I don't wanna ruin everyone's fun all the time..

Sovereign Court

human(Taldan) CG Hillbilly18 | 238 of 264 (enraged: 310 of 336) {DR 4/-} | AC:18(T12/FF18) | CMB: 28(36), CMD: 35(33) | Fort21(25)/Ref16/Will14(17) | init+3 |Perception 22, SM 20 | move 35' | rage: 33/40, spells: 5/5 |
active stuff:
Adaptation, Unshakeable Resolve, Ring o' Blinking, GREATER Ring o' Inner Fortitude; Regen. (1hp/10 min)

the hillbilly steps to where he's floating back-to-back with his landlord, pulling our his wand of Cure Serious Wounds as he moves:

"Y'know, Ah kinda wunder whut all is next, Lord Vars...an' Ah wunder why that gosh durn key is stirrin' up so much gosh durn trouble!"

he uses a charge from the wand:

CSW from wand: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 5, 8) + 5 = 23

although fatigued for a few more rounds, Duhwoo is ready for more.

(he has the Roused Anger Rage Power...)

Sovereign Court

male human | HP: 213/213 | AC: 48 (21 Tch, 44 Fl) | CMB: +27, CMD: 48 (55 Grapple, 54 sunder, 52 disarm) | F: +23, R: +24, W: +21 | Init: +9 | Perc: +31 DR 11/-

"The assassin did mention something about a cult. They're always trouble. Never heard of Lissala though. "

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

1d8 ⇒ 8

Through another gate, another creature much like the previous steps through. This one, however, looks a little tougher.

init:

Avoreal init: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Antonius init: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29
Duhwoo init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Vuvu init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Vars init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
wendigo init: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Avoreal and Antonius are up is/are up!
Universal Adjustments: Mass Fly
Universal Conditions:
Lissala’s Gates 3 rd 1:


  • => Avoreal
  • => Antonius
  • Wendigo
  • Vars
  • Duhwoo
  • Vuvu

U = Unconscious
S = Surprised
D = Delay
=> Active

Conditions:
Avoreal: 154/154 (+22)
Antonius: 164/164 (+5)
Duhwoo: 239/264. (+rage)
Vars: 213/213
Vuvu: 142/155,

Enemies (or Allies?)
Wendigo:

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

From his position, cloaked in invisibility, Antonius conjured another giant mailed fist to pound on the monstrosity.

Via telepathy, Avoreal, can you see some way these gates might be permanently closed, this is becoming tiresome. I have considered a wish spell...

SR: 1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 19 + 4 = 31
Fist, heroism: 1d20 + 41 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 41 + 2 = 53
Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
If it beats SR and hits, DC34 fort save or stunned for 1 round

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

Fort Save DC34: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29

The thing is stunned, even though it barely took damage.

It does nothing.

Vars, Duhwoo and Vuvu are up is/are up!
Universal Adjustments: Mass Fly
Universal Conditions:

Lissala’s Gates 3 rd 1:


  • D Avoreal
  • x Antonius
  • x Wendigo [STUNNED]
  • => Vars
  • => Duhwoo
  • => Vuvu

U = Unconscious
S = Surprised
D = Delay
=> Active

Conditions:
Avoreal: 154/154 (+22)
Antonius: 164/164 (+5)
Duhwoo: 239/264. (+rage)
Vars: 213/213
Vuvu: 142/155,

Enemies (or Allies?)
Wendigo: -4

The Exchange

Female CN Elf Wizard (Transmutation) 20.0 HP 182/182(+5) | AC 43 | T 23 | FF 38 | CMD 33(FoM) | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +21(+2 vs Ench) | Init +12 | Perc +24 | Images

Avoreal flies up 30' for a better view of the gates and tries to determine whats making them open and how to close them..

She casts Foresight to try and gleam more info..

501 to 550 of 563 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Silbeg's Race for the Runecarved Key (tier 18-19) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.