GM Silbeg's Race for the Runecarved Key (tier 18-19) (Inactive)

Game Master Silbeg

Tactical & Handouts
Buff Sheet
Group Discussion


201 to 250 of 563 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

knock them out and dominate them away.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

"Clandestine means... Pathfinders... that if you are doing things that you ought not to be doing, that you not be seen or caught doing them. And that you don't leave a trail so that others can figure out who did it." Sheila just shakes her head.

“I need not warn you how much of a threat Lady Kaddren is to our mission—she is wealthy, powerful, a wizard, and she hates us. Thankfully, our talented informants seem to have uncovered her weakness: scandal! It seems the lady has been seen slipping in and out of the tower of the Golemworks’s master wizard, Toth Bhreacher, at unusual hours. If the two
of them are involved in an affair, it could imply Lady Kaddren might be showing Toth political favoritism—an illicit act that would also break her family’s long-standing efforts to keep nobility and business separate. Such evidence might stand to ruin her if it fell into the hands of her rivals. I need you to collect, fabricate, or purchase enough hard evidence to be able to blackmail her. While blackmailing her won’t help ease her opinion of the Pathfinder Society, it is perhaps the only way we can get her to back out of the auction.”

Sovereign Court

male human | HP: 213/213 | AC: 48 (21 Tch, 44 Fl) | CMB: +27, CMD: 48 (55 Grapple, 54 sunder, 52 disarm) | F: +23, R: +24, W: +21 | Init: +9 | Perc: +31 DR 11/-

"Glorious. We get to be the 'good guys' again. Smells like Oppara. Well we might as well be off to ruin someone. "

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

If we had more time I'd write a hit song about it and get it sung all over town.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

"Remember, Vuvu, you want hard evidence. Songs would be good, but they need to be backed by evidence." says the Venture Captain.

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

You want us to break into Toth's tower and find incriminating material? Shouldn't be too hard.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

"I am not so sure he would have any incriminating material. She, on the other hand, is a bit sentimental, so probably would have saved anything he gave her."

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Oh no, you want us to break into a lady's boudoir, I think we have found a task for which you are perfectly suited Vuvu he says with a smile and a wink.

Just where does our Lady here live? In fact, does anyone know who the hell she is and why she hates the Society, or is it just you she dislikes Sheila?

Knowledge Local if relevant, keep the best: 1d20 + 36 ⇒ (3) + 36 = 39
Knowledge Local if relevant, keep the best: 1d20 + 36 ⇒ (7) + 36 = 43

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

You easily determine where Lady Kadren's residence is. You also recall that Lord Toth would be at the Golemworks, and that breaking into that establishment would likely trigger the actions of several very powerful golems in defense.

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

perhaps we should go pay a visit. It might be time for her to get to know a more attractive fellow than stodgy old Toth. vuvu drops his way finder into a belt pouch

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

Shall I distract her while you sneak into her room and ransack her underwear drawer?

Sovereign Court

male human | HP: 213/213 | AC: 48 (21 Tch, 44 Fl) | CMB: +27, CMD: 48 (55 Grapple, 54 sunder, 52 disarm) | F: +23, R: +24, W: +21 | Init: +9 | Perc: +31 DR 11/-

"Off to her place then?"

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Err, yes, you can distract her maybe while the rest of us sneak in. Do you have some pretext you can use to get into her house?

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

kn:nobility check would be in order...

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Antonius takes out a small book and begins flicking through it, muttering a spell as he does so. On the blank pages of the book writing springs into existence. Well, well, I never knew... he mutters as he reads.

Antonius casts page bound epiphany for a +10 bonus, he will use investigative mind again

Nobility: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (10) + 32 = 42
Nobility: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (1) + 32 = 33

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

loremaster take 20 with a pathfinder chronicle can only beat that score by 2 so no use

The Exchange

Female CN Elf Wizard (Transmutation) 20.0 HP 182/182(+5) | AC 43 | T 23 | FF 38 | CMD 33(FoM) | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +21(+2 vs Ench) | Init +12 | Perc +24 | Images

Every time I get a chance to check the boards there is 20 posts lol..

"Wait, are we sure we aren't in some alternate dimension and we are actually the Consortium? Are missions sound an awful lot like some s%%# they would be doing lol.."

Avoreal extends heroism and heightened awareness at this point. She also extends Mass Fly on the party.

Sovereign Court

human(Taldan) CG Hillbilly18 | 238 of 264 (enraged: 310 of 336) {DR 4/-} | AC:18(T12/FF18) | CMB: 28(36), CMD: 35(33) | Fort21(25)/Ref16/Will14(17) | init+3 |Perception 22, SM 20 | move 35' | rage: 33/40, spells: 5/5 |
active stuff:
Adaptation, Unshakeable Resolve, Ring o' Blinking, GREATER Ring o' Inner Fortitude; Regen. (1hp/10 min)

Duhwoo flies right up to the ceiling, and stands upside-down:

"Reckon ol' Lady Kadd-renn ain't gonna be rooned if'n she co-oper-ates after we git th' goods on her! All she gotta do is whut Ms Hidemarch sez an' nobuddy'll know she's been a dallyin' 'bout town...Ah kinda likes this mishun..."

the hillbilly clasps his hands together, apart just enough to make a small cavity between his palms, and peers into the space -- obviously trying to test his new Darkvision:

"Ah likes havin' dark-vizhun, too -- thanky thar, Mr Gallo-nicky! Reckon we oughta be on our way..."

Duhwoo floats for the door

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

Antonius is able to determine that Lady Kaddren usually leaves her manor early for any evening activities, so it should be possible to time things for when she is not there.

Scouting the place shows only a few guards, and a relatively high wall. It should be relatively easy to avoid those guards. Her bedroom window is pretty easy to spot, as well.

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Antonius comes back from reviewing the manor. Well, we are all flying thanks to Avoreal. I suggest that I cloak us all in an invisibility sphere, we fly up to her window, remove any traps, pick any locks, sneak inside and remove any incriminating evidence.

He pauses for a moment and adopts a serious look.

Now, as a ranking member of the Hellknights breaking and entering really is not my thing however this mission shall serve to expose corruption at the highest level of society which really is something we shouldn't tolerate. Anyone got anything else they think we should do? he asks as he weaves the invisibility bubble.

Now, I expect she might have magical traps and wards and guards and whatnot inside. We want to neutralize them quickly and quietly. Don't go running off into explored places until we have made certain they are clear! He turns to look at Duhhwoo.

Remember, we are supposed to be subtle. Vuvu, can you deal with magic traps and whatnot? I can if we need to but I'm happy to leave it to those more familiar with such things.

Atonius casts invisibility bubble on Vuvu. He activates his own ring of invisibility so he doesn't have to worry about the bubble going down. He will be maintaining detect magic to check for magical auras for stuff like alarm s well as activey looking for traps and dangers.

Perception: 1d20 + 38 ⇒ (14) + 38 = 52

Sovereign Court

male human | HP: 213/213 | AC: 48 (21 Tch, 44 Fl) | CMB: +27, CMD: 48 (55 Grapple, 54 sunder, 52 disarm) | F: +23, R: +24, W: +21 | Init: +9 | Perc: +31 DR 11/-

"I'm not really a clandestine sort, so I'll just stick close to you in case we get into trouble. "

The Exchange

Female CN Elf Wizard (Transmutation) 20.0 HP 182/182(+5) | AC 43 | T 23 | FF 38 | CMD 33(FoM) | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +21(+2 vs Ench) | Init +12 | Perc +24 | Images

I can disable magic traps if neccessary, I can also summon some powerful beings to assit if neccessary.

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

Vuvu extends a heroism for and activates triple time

Sovereign Court

human(Taldan) CG Hillbilly18 | 238 of 264 (enraged: 310 of 336) {DR 4/-} | AC:18(T12/FF18) | CMB: 28(36), CMD: 35(33) | Fort21(25)/Ref16/Will14(17) | init+3 |Perception 22, SM 20 | move 35' | rage: 33/40, spells: 5/5 |
active stuff:
Adaptation, Unshakeable Resolve, Ring o' Blinking, GREATER Ring o' Inner Fortitude; Regen. (1hp/10 min)

"Ain't no expert on pickin' locks or bustin' traps -- reckon Ah jus' go along in case ya run inta a big monster or a buncha bad dudes...an some singin', in case ya needs ta square dance some..."

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19
Duhwoo X. McKeener wrote:
"Ain't no expert on pickin' locks or bustin' traps -- reckon Ah jus' go along in case ya run inta a big monster or a buncha bad dudes...an some singin', in case ya needs ta square dance some..."

Antonius slowly turns to stare at Duhwoo with a growing look of horror n his face.

You got the bit where we are trying to be discrete, in and out with no fuss yes? Even if we do end up having to take out some guards we do it quietly. We do not want to let the whole house know we are there by bursting into song!

Sovereign Court

human(Taldan) CG Hillbilly18 | 238 of 264 (enraged: 310 of 336) {DR 4/-} | AC:18(T12/FF18) | CMB: 28(36), CMD: 35(33) | Fort21(25)/Ref16/Will14(17) | init+3 |Perception 22, SM 20 | move 35' | rage: 33/40, spells: 5/5 |
active stuff:
Adaptation, Unshakeable Resolve, Ring o' Blinking, GREATER Ring o' Inner Fortitude; Regen. (1hp/10 min)

Duhwoo hangs his head low, and slumps his shoulders:

"oh..."

in a crushed and slightly desperate tone:

"OK. Ah'm sorry sir...OK -- Ah'll try an' keep it down if'n some fightin' breaks out -- sir..."

he sidles over to Vars, and quietly expresses disappointment:

"Ain't gonna be much fun without some whoopin' an a-hollerin' tho..."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

The team flies up to the 2nd story window, apparently unobserved. Antonius does not notice any traps, but the window is locked.

Arvorial takes over at this time, and she attempts to pick the lock.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (12) + 27 = 39

She is able to jimmy the lock, and the window is opened.
See slide #4

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Antonius slips quietly inside, remaining alert for possible traps, alarm spells or guardians.

Percpetion: 1d20 + 38 ⇒ (14) + 38 = 52

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

let me know if we need an inspire confidence

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

Unfortunately, I managed to grab the wrong map on this one. However, luckily, it does not have any effect yet.

Antonius enters the room, but as of yet, he does not see anything untoward.

Areas not visible are covered.
Please note order of moving and perceiving. Each are move actions.

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

[oo] Vuvu will be second if anyone wants inspire competence please assume I give it[/opc]

Sovereign Court

male human | HP: 213/213 | AC: 48 (21 Tch, 44 Fl) | CMB: +27, CMD: 48 (55 Grapple, 54 sunder, 52 disarm) | F: +23, R: +24, W: +21 | Init: +9 | Perc: +31 DR 11/-

Vars will take point (first) to keep himself between any threats and the casters.

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

If you are moving in I think you need to move yourself on the map. I am holding off doing anything else until everyone else has acted

Sovereign Court

male human | HP: 213/213 | AC: 48 (21 Tch, 44 Fl) | CMB: +27, CMD: 48 (55 Grapple, 54 sunder, 52 disarm) | F: +23, R: +24, W: +21 | Init: +9 | Perc: +31 DR 11/-

I just don't see an icon for me, so I guess I should just add one.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

The team moves cautiously into the empty room.

Spoiler:

1d20 ⇒ 7

Moving folks in a little more.

This appears to be a very tastefully decorated woman's bedroom. On a lovely dresser sits a lovely jewelry box.

The Exchange

Female CN Elf Wizard (Transmutation) 20.0 HP 182/182(+5) | AC 43 | T 23 | FF 38 | CMD 33(FoM) | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +21(+2 vs Ench) | Init +12 | Perc +24 | Images

Im back, follow group in.

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

Vuvu extends an acute senses on himself

1d20 + 22 + 2 + 30 ⇒ (16) + 22 + 2 + 30 = 70 perception

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Antonius begins to poke around the room some more, sweeping it with detect magic and relying on his ability to see invisible things. He will check out the dresser for possible incriminating material, checking for traps first.

Perception: 1d20 + 38 ⇒ (6) + 38 = 44

Via telepathy remember to stay grouped up if you want to remain invisible

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

I think the purple coloured token on the map might be the wizard we defeated in the last encounter?

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!
Signifier Antonius Gallonica wrote:

Antonius begins to poke around the room some more, sweeping it with detect magic and relying on his ability to see invisible things. He will check out the dresser for possible incriminating material, checking for traps first.

Via telepathy remember to stay grouped up if you want to remain invisible

From where he is standing, Antonius notices nothing.

If you are moving, please move your tokens. Note that taking a perception check is a move action, and that it takes a standard action to maintain concentration on detect magic. While you are invisible, you are not silent, and spell casting does make noise (as does bardic performance)

Spoiler:

DC 8: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

Immediately after Antonius casts his detect magic spell, you all here a man's voice yelling out, "Hey! Who is in there?" after the sound of a door opening behind the curtain.

init:

Avoreal init: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Antonius init: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31
Duhwoo init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Vuvu init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Vars init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
guard init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Antonius, Duhwoo, Avoreal, and Vuvu is/are up!
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:

Scandal! rd1:


  • => Antonius [invis]
  • => Duhwoo [invis]
  • => Avoreal [invis]
  • => Vuvu [invis]
  • Guard
  • Vars [invis]

U = Unconscious
S = Surprised
D = Delay
=> Active

Conditions:
Avoreal: 154/154 (+33)
Antonius: 164/164 (+17)
Duhwoo: 264/264
Vars: 213/213
Vuvu: 155/155,

Enemies (or Allies?)

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

I cast detect magic before we entered the building to check out the window. The imposition of move actions etc for concentration or perception checks only really makes any sense if we are acting in initiative order in rounds which is really cumbersome for PbP.

From earlier:

Quote:
Atonius casts invisibility bubble on Vuvu. He activates his own ring of invisibility so he doesn't have to worry about the bubble going down. He will be maintaining detect magic to check for magical auras for stuff like alarm s well as actively looking for traps and dangers.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!
Signifier Antonius Gallonica wrote:

I cast detect magic before we entered the building to check out the window. The imposition of move actions etc for concentration or perception checks only really makes any sense if we are acting in initiative order in rounds which is really cumbersome for PbP.

From earlier:

Quote:
Atonius casts invisibility bubble on Vuvu. He activates his own ring of invisibility so he doesn't have to worry about the bubble going down. He will be maintaining detect magic to check for magical auras for stuff like alarm s well as actively looking for traps and dangers.

This may be cumbersome, but there are in game reasons that I have to track actions... like a guard sitting just outside the door. I would impose this in PbP or tabletop. The guards gets perceptions checks each round, regardless of being "in rounds" for the exploration, as that is all he is doing.

Sovereign Court

human(Taldan) CG Hillbilly18 | 238 of 264 (enraged: 310 of 336) {DR 4/-} | AC:18(T12/FF18) | CMB: 28(36), CMD: 35(33) | Fort21(25)/Ref16/Will14(17) | init+3 |Perception 22, SM 20 | move 35' | rage: 33/40, spells: 5/5 |
active stuff:
Adaptation, Unshakeable Resolve, Ring o' Blinking, GREATER Ring o' Inner Fortitude; Regen. (1hp/10 min)

"meow!"

Duhwoo's Bluff check: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31

thanks to Bard power, Duhwoo makes a fairly convincing cat noise...

He also quietly moves to the corner nearest the sound, and readies to grab/grapple the first intruder to intrude on our little soiree.

Duhwoo's Stealth check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

just in case grab happens:
grapple check: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (4) + 28 = 32

of course, Duhwoo will be trying to cover his new dance-partner's mouth -- stifling warning cries...

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Assuming that Duhwoo has things handled Antonius will begin to rifle through the desk.

Standard action to maintain concentration on detect magic, move action to search

Perception: 1d20 + 38 ⇒ (16) + 38 = 54

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!

Duhwoo gets into position to try and grab the guard.

@Duhwoo, I am assuming that your ring of blinking was not activated, since you did not roll a miss chance? Grappling is hard while blinking :)
@Duhwoo -- is your falchion's weapon cord connected, and the weapon drawn? If so, you'll be grappling with 1 hand. I'd say to try and slap your hand over his mouth, you'd need to keep a hand free, so you'd need to take the -4 on your grapple check.

@Antonius, are you taking a 5' step to get closer to the desk?

The Exchange

Male LN Half Elf Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest) 18 | HP: 223/218 | AC: 30 (14 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB+15, CMD 27 | F:26, R:21, W:26 +2vs enchant, +3 vs MA, +2 vs cold | Init: +17 Per: +38, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 40 |
Spells:
1st 8, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 8, 5th 5, 6th 5, 7th 5, 8th 2, 9th 2
Conditions: IMind 13/19, FoM, GrInvis 17/19, Hand 18/19

Yes, I thought I was next to it but I see I wasn't. I have adjusted my position. Antonius will be hovering at ground level, a foot or so off the ground shapechanged into a Wayang.

The Exchange

Female CN Elf Wizard (Transmutation) 20.0 HP 182/182(+5) | AC 43 | T 23 | FF 38 | CMD 33(FoM) | Fort +19 | Ref +20 | Will +21(+2 vs Ench) | Init +12 | Perc +24 | Images

Avoreal pulls a rod from her haversack and casts extended greater invisibility on herself..

Lasts 40 rounds

Sovereign Court

human(Taldan) CG Hillbilly18 | 238 of 264 (enraged: 310 of 336) {DR 4/-} | AC:18(T12/FF18) | CMB: 28(36), CMD: 35(33) | Fort21(25)/Ref16/Will14(17) | init+3 |Perception 22, SM 20 | move 35' | rage: 33/40, spells: 5/5 |
active stuff:
Adaptation, Unshakeable Resolve, Ring o' Blinking, GREATER Ring o' Inner Fortitude; Regen. (1hp/10 min)

not blinking yet; he keeps the weapon cord connected to his falchion, which he would have drawn when we ventured into possibly hostile territory; he’ll simply drop his falchion to grab the inbound bad guy — the big sword hitting the floor might make some noise (does “tastefully decorated” include carpet?), but less than a screaming guard!

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Minnesotan) GM 5 Skittershot!
Duhwoo X. McKeener wrote:
not blinking yet; he keeps the weapon cord connected to his falchion, which he would have drawn when we ventured into possibly hostile territory; he’ll simply drop his falchion to grab the inbound bad guy — the big sword hitting the floor might make some noise (does “tastefully decorated” include carpet?), but less than a screaming guard!

Cool. That will impose a -2 on his grapple check. I assume then, at this point, he is just grabbing normally, and then will pin next round?

Just waiting for Vuvu

Sovereign Court

BP 36/46 Spells 1 8/8 2 6/8 3 7/7 4 6/7 5 4/7 6 6/6 heroism, Triple Time, Darkvision
Vital:
HP 143/155; resist cold 5 AC 33(-)/15/24(-); R 19 F 15 W 16 (+4 sonic, Bardic, Lang); CMD 28; Init +4

sorry long morning at work. I assume my perception did not spot anything?

In any event let me get caught up and ill get a post asap. in the next few minutes

201 to 250 of 563 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Silbeg's Race for the Runecarved Key (tier 18-19) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.