GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant (closed)

Game Master Kate Baker


4,501 to 4,550 of 4,604 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Killing rass berries and making friends with nice people like Karl and Karlita. If they are not nice, Silt gets mad and rips them apart.

Harpoon has pretty words and long chains.

Purpose has confusing knowings, but knows that a stone is stone when he sees one.

Joli is a nice talker and carries dead family wherever he goes.

Toby’s whip is always sharp from all the quivering he does.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"We are strangers here. It would be easier to plan if we first learned what you know. What is in the aboleth's chamber. What analysis do you perform. Any information is potentially useful."


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

As you all get cagey, the face quickly changes into what looks like a giant, primordial, three-eyed fish: an aboleth! The friendly voice vanishes and only the harsh voice remains, saying, “My analysis shows that now you must die.” The display forms a sharp, spear-like protrusion from the metal pins.

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Analytical Engine: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Initiative
Analytical Engine
Purpose
Toby
Joli and Iggy
Silt
Harpoon

Sprays emanate from the tubes to either side of you.

Everyone make a Fortitude save:

DC 17
Spoiler:
Roll a d10 and also make a Will save.

The spikes attack Purpose and Joli.

attack vs Purpose: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
ouch!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6

confirm vs Purpose: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
ouch!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7

attack vs Joli: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
ouch!: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9

Purpose thinks with his earlier check that you need to destroy the ioun nodes in the big face in the back to destroy the analytical engine.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

I'd like to see what happens to allies before resolving my turn.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Fort for Joli: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Fort for Iggy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
1d10 ⇒ 1
Will for Iggy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
1d10 ⇒ 10
Though I might be immune to one or both?

Construct traits:

No Constitution score. Any DCs or other statistics that rely on a Constitution score treat a construct as having a score of 10 (no bonus or penalty).
Low-light vision.
Darkvision 60 ft. Traded out for make whole 1/day.
Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
Immunity to disease, death effects, necromancy effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.
Cannot heal damage on its own, but often can be repaired via exposure to a certain kind of effect (see the creature’s description for details) or through the use of the Craft Construct feat. Constructs can also be healed through spells such as make whole. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
Not subject to ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, or nonlethal damage.
Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
A construct cannot be raised or resurrected. (But can be reincarnated!)
Constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Purpose is immune to the effect, yes.

Rolling for Toby:

Fort: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Iggy feels kind of funny, and his eyes start to shrink in their sockets. He is now blinded, per the mutation! He is also confused for 1d4 ⇒ 1

The Harpoon also feels funny. 1d10 ⇒ 9 His body twists and distorts and his chain shirt bulges and falls off. Harpoon is now misshapen, per the mutation!

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Luckily, the Harpoon is not confused.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt casts Bull's Strength and moves into the room, alongside the face. with reach, can Silt hit the eyes?


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

YEs, Silt can hit the eyes.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby's all set to attack the pins when Purpose explains about the eyes. Seeing Silt move in there, he follows and fires at the eye on the left.

kinetic blast, pbs, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 31
damage, pbs, elem overflow: 5d6 + 11 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 3, 4) + 11 + 1 + 6 = 33


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Confusion: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Iggy claws at his tiny but still cute little eyes, scratching himself wickedly.

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Joli gasps at his little friend's plight. With little that can damage the stones, he once again calls on his friends to support each other.

I figure the initial grant of the Shake It Off feat to the party has worn off, but everyone should now get +1 competence to saves (+4 max) for every adjacent ally. If the effect is somehow Evil, Magic Circle Against Evil may also apply.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche moves alongside Harpoon (wherever he ends up!), hoping to extend Joli's power to the beleaguered pugilist.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby solidly cracks the eye, but it isn't destroyed yet! Harpoon is still up.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku lurches toward the face, his misshapen dorsal fin swaying awkwardly and launches his grappling hook into the cogs above.

”I’ll climb up and disable the eye.”

Harpoon leg: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku adjusts his tactics, kicking the eye instead!

damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

A creature made out of cogs emerges from the wall. It lashes out at Silt!

slam 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
ouch!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

slam 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
ouch!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

slam 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
ouch!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Initiative
Analytical Engine (left eye -35 hp)
Cogborn 1
Purpose
Toby
Joli and Iggy
Silt
Harpoon


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt attempts to vital strike the right eye with his greatsword!

1d20 ⇒ 1


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Grrrr!" Toby fires again, this time at the right eye, hoping to free up Silt to deal with the creature. Gather power to pay for empowered blast.

kinetic blast, pbs, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 24
damage, pbs, elem overflow: 5d6 + 11 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 4, 5) + 11 + 1 + 6 = 34 Empowered to 51 damage


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"Iggy, follow my voice but not too close!"

Joli moves and lashes out at the cogs with his tongue.

Wave strike: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Damage + 10’ push: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Don’t forget Bless!

Iggy follows carefully.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Silt, startled by the construct's sudden appearance, misses his shot on the ioun node. Toby hits and substantially cracks it, but can't quite break it. Joli hits the cogborn, but finds that he can't quite damage the mechanical creature! Sorry, it has Hardness.

Purpose and Harpoon up!


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"Toby. Out of the doorway."

Seeing his friend still in the pin boards line of fire, Purpose Creche swims over to shield him with his manta wings. +1 bonus on his saving throws since I'm adjacent


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku tries again to kick the left eye!

Punch 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The Harpoon chips away at the left eye!

The first cogborn lashes out at Silt again!

slam 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
ouch!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

slam 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
ouch!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

slam 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
ouch!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

A second cogborn appears next to Harpoon!

Initiative
Analytical Engine (left eye -43 hp, right eye -46 hp)
Cogborn 1
Cogborn 2
Purpose
Toby
Joli and Iggy
Silt
Harpoon


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Fine, I'm going!" Toby swims up behind Harpoon and lashes out at the left eye with a watery whip. Threatens #2.

kinetic blade, elem overflow: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 3 = 32
damage: 5d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 4, 1) + 11 = 24


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby destroys the left eye!


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt attempts to vital strike the remaining eye.

+1 seaborne greatsword, power attack, furious focus, destructive smite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

slashing, magical: 6d6 + 21 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 4, 2, 3) + 21 = 36


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Silt destroys the other eye! The machinery grinds to a halt.

The cogborn now stand motionless. They don't seem to be able to act when not controlled by the analytical engine.

And with that, we'll pause until after GenCon! Feel free to RP, but I may not be available to answer questions.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli tends to Iggy, and himself.

One CMW and one CLW

"Iggy. Oh, poor Iggy. Here, crawl into my bag. We'll get through this."


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt points to the East. There is a hallway and door.

Evil likes to be close to the nice people it is hurting. The Aboleth is near, to feed on hurting. He clutches his piece of coral and casts Bulls' Strength and Ironskin on himself. He swims down the hallway when everyone is ready.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

I'm back! I think the ball is actually in y'all's court. Anyone else want to do anything before you move on?


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Let's go then!" Toby swims off after Silt.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Any treasure to speak of in the room we’re in?

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli calls on his ancestors to protect the party from corrosion.

Acid Resistance 20 for 10 minutes apiece, 20 for Purpose, Riku, Iggy

Just before the turn in the hall, he reminds his friends, "Take comfort in one another. Stay close, so we might together resist its wiles."

Renew Shake If Off teamwork feat for 8 rounds. +1 competence bonus to saves for each adjacent ally, up to +4. Joli also still has Magic Circle v. Evil up.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Purpose, can you fix at the talking face while we wait for Riku to heal?

WHile we wait for Riku to heal, maybe we can reconfigure the computer to our advantage.Barring that, let's "fast-forward" a few hours so Riku is no longer mutated.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Andrew may be flagging, but Purpose Creche tinkers with the ancient machine.
Knowledge (arcana), heightened awareness, sudden insight: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 17 + 2 + 4 = 30


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Purpose focuses on the computer and figures out how to control the mutagen spray. After 1d4 ⇒ 2 hours, he thinks he has the right combination to undo Riku's transformation.

Riku swims between the pipes and the system sprays again. A moment passes and it looks like nothing is happening, until Riku starts to twitch. His body goes back into shape.

Yay! That was just enough to fix a mutation!

When you are ready to move on...

At the end of the corridor is a round 20-foot-diameter metal door. A large lever sticks out from the side of the door’s octagonal frame. The door is composed of triangular metal sheets, the tips of which meet at the center.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt buffs up again before leaving, and pulls the lever!


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche lays a thin hand on Riku's recovered shoulder. "I'm glad you are well."

Before they leave the chamber, he takes a moment to sit quietly with his charred prayerbook and weathered splinter in each hand. The faint smell of smoke lessens; the length of wood vibrates slightly, the air around it distorted by heat.

Shifting some mental focus from my divination implement to my evocation implement.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

A whirring system of gears of many sizes transmits power from the lever to rails on which the metal sheets are mounted, enabling a person of average strength to open the massive door weighing approximately a ton.

When opened, the metal sheets slide outward, creating an almost-circular hole in the center. When fully opened, the metal sheets form a serrated ring around the opening, evoking the shape of an eye with eyelashes like saw teeth.

You enter. In this large, flooded chamber, the water is mixed with a viscous, transparent slime, the source of which is a bizarre, 25-foot-long, primeval, fishlike creature—presumably the aboleth Onthooth. Three slit-shaped eyes on the creature’s bulbous head glow red and twitch as it vigilantly scans the area. A crescent-shaped fin at the end of its long tail whips back and forth to maintain the creature’s position, while four tentacles on its flanks undulate with the flow of the slowly moving water.

As the creature speaks, powerful vibrations in the water carry its carefully articulated words, echoing like a resonant whisper. “Retribution—is that why you are here? Or do you seek to understand designs infinitely larger than yourselves? You have no idea what is about to transpire. You puny creatures have released a veiled master, and when it gets the weapon it is looking for, your cities and your civilization as you know it will be gone. And yet, here you are, looking for petty revenge.” With a disgusted shake of its head, the creature lets out a long, condescending sigh that echoes in the water for a moment, after which it continues, “Be that as it may, I cannot suffer you to leave after what you have done to my home and servants.” The creature’s eyes give off a flash of bright red light, and its four slimy tentacles shoot forward to crush the life out of anyone they can reach.

Two huge camerocerases off to each side make menacing sounds.

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Onthooth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Onthooth
Silt
Harpoon
Purpose
Toby
Joli and Iggy

Yellow Cameroceras
Green Cameroceras

The creature lashes out with a tentacle at Silt!

melee touch attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
force punch: 10d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2, 4, 1, 2) = 24
DC 19 Fort save or be pushed back 20 feet

Everyone is up!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli casts Resist Energy Communal to grant SR Electricity 20 on everyone for 10 minutes, 20 for Purpose, himself, and Iggy.

He casts Magic Circle v. Evil on Toby.

He grants Riku the Steadfast Example hex — +11 on his next Will save instead of his bonus (if it's higher).

Finally, he renews the Shake It Off teamwork feat for 8 rounds just before the door opens — +1 competence bonus to saves for each adjacent ally (max +4).

Seeing the fiend, Joli immediately calls out to is favorite ancestor. "Poli Oqa, strike!" She appears and lashes out with her whip.

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Force: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Will Save: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 4 = 27 +4 if effect by aquatic creature, +1 if it's evil
Will Save: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 4 = 17 +4 if effect by aquatic creature, +1 if it's evil
Will Save: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 4 = 24 +4 if effect by aquatic creature, +1 if it's evil


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Joli’s tremorsense reveals something confusing: the creatures before you appear not to be real! Even the aboleth who just struck at Silt! Joli realizes that these are illusion effects!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"They're illusions. Even the aboleth!" To illustrate his point, Joli swims right through one of the mollusks.

Will save for Iggy peering out of his backpack: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 4 + 2 = 16
Will save for Iggy: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 4 + 2 = 21
Will save for Iggy: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 4 + 2 = 27


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Will save: 1d20 + 4 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 11 + 2 = 20
Will save: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 25
Will save: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 23

”Really? They are illusions?”

Riku, who lost a leg to a giant clam, does not have any love for giant mollusks.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby peers at the creatures carefully, confused by the lack of vibrations in the water. Magic Circle is a resistance bonus, I think, so won't stack with Toby's cloak. Add one to each of these if Iggy counts as a separate ally.

Will save vs. aboleth, Shake it Off, aware of illusion: 1d20 + 9 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 3 + 4 = 35
Will save vs. yellow, Shake it Off, aware of illusion: 1d20 + 9 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 3 + 4 = 18
Will save vs. green, Shake it Off, aware of illusion: 1d20 + 9 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 3 + 4 = 34


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Harpoon realizes that the mollusks are illusions, but thinks that the aboleth looks pretty darn real!

Toby thinks that the yellow mollusk looks real but can tell that the others are illusions!

Those who have seen past yellow can catch a glimpse of another aboleth, identical to the one in front of you, off to the left, in front of another set of cells.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

fort: 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 3 = 23

Silt uses a move action to inspect these supposed illusions.

will to disbelieve, proof, teamwork thing: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 34 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 4 + 34 = 62
will to disbelieve, proof, teamwork thing: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 4 + 4 = 20
will to disbelieve, proof, teamwork thing: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 4 + 4 = 19


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Silt knows that the aboleth isn't real; he knew something was off with that force punch. He recognizes the yellow one as an illusion, but can't quite seem to disbelieve the green one.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

No, Joli — this sharpcone is real, and has invisible worms!

Silt 5-foot steps forward and attacks the green mollusk!

attack, vital strike: 1d20 ⇒ 16

will disbelief, proof, teamwork thing x1: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 4 + 1 = 31

I don't think Silt would simply rush past what he thinks is a very dangerous live creature. So he'll attack it.

4,501 to 4,550 of 4,604 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.