GMG's SFS - #1-05 - The First Mandate (Inactive)

Game Master Magabeus

Map


201 to 250 of 291 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Piggy Longbottom Male CG Ysoki Bounty Hunter Mechanic 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | | Speed 30ft | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +1
BOT ME:
[dice=Laser Rifle@]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=dmg@EAC]2d8+5[/dice]

Piggy pales. "A shapeshifter? We'll be lucky if she is still in AV Tech form. " He scratches his head, lost. "I suppose this event is to important for evacuation to be an option. " The Ysoki fiddles with a loose bolt on Porker's back absentmindedly. "Radazam, can you see the tech? If we don't give up our lead, maybe we can confront her before she does anything rash. Or runs. "

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

Reynold pauses for a moment. ”Well, we already know this is going down. Is there any way we can use this assassination effort to leverage some support from the other bigwigs? Gives us some street cred if we bust up an attempted murder on sight, no?”


Fiend series | Shackles

"My people have her in sight, you rush over here and we will decide how to move on."

Cade finds one thing on shapeshifters: do not let them out of sight, you do not want to loose one as most can shift to another form in seconds.

You head back to the Lorespire complex where Radaszam is waiting "How do you want to proceed? Do you need my team to take care of the explosives while you handle the assassin? Or do you want to take care of everything on your own and show that the Starfinder Society is well and able to handle its own affairs?"

Clarification: Radaszam's team are mercenaries from his personal outfit the Obsidian Spiders and not starfinders

Wayfinders

Male CG human (themeless) technomancer 1 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | |Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Maybe Radaszam's people should lock down the site. Not let anyone in or out until we've cornered this shifter?"

Cade looks round at the others.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Piggy Longbottom Male CG Ysoki Bounty Hunter Mechanic 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | | Speed 30ft | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +1
BOT ME:
[dice=Laser Rifle@]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=dmg@EAC]2d8+5[/dice]

"I think Radaszam has a good point. The Starfinders can handle this. " He pulls yet another hunk of chocolate bar from his mechanic pouch and takes a bite. "We wouldn't want to embarrass ourselves in front of these important guests. I can work on the explosives while you guys chase the shifter. Does anyone want to help me out with those? "

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

"I can provide my assistance, Piggy. Typically my work doesn't run a risk of explosions but it is delicate." Mavrik says while ensuring all his toolkits are accounted for.

"If you can get our culprit to divulge locations before we find them ourselves please send it over our comm channel."

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

Reynold cracks a wide grin. ”We can handle it, Boss. We Starfinders keep our own house clean.”

We rested to restore stamina, yes?

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 2/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (8/10) | Azimuth pistol (19/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: -

As if an assassin wasn't bad enough, now we find out it's a shapeshifting assassin! Saeron thinks to herself.

"I will be of little use with the explosives," she admits. Or much else, for that matter, it seems... she adds ruefully to herself.

Taking a deep breath to steady her nerves, she ventures, "I'll join those searching for the culprit."


Fiend series | Shackles

Radaszam smiles "That's the spirit" while he hands over six serums of healing (Mk 1) "Here, heal up if you need it. We also investigated the manual you send. This particular model of explosive is very stable to kinetic damage and can be safely disarmed by simply smashing it hard enough, but any kind of energy damage is likely to detonate them upon impact.

Yes, you rested during the trip back to the Lorespire complex. Combined with the serums I assume you are all at full health again. Everybody is at -1 RP from resting, Saeron at -2 RP because she rested twice. Porker was fixed for 2 HP during your rest, so is at -10 hp

Also you studied the explosive manual while returning to the complex. This gives you +2 on checks to disable the explosives


Fiend series | Shackles

Initiative:

Cadence: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Mavrik: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Piggy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Reynold: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Saeron: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Telwyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Assassin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The starfinders make their plan and those that will deal with the assassin gather near the AV-booth behind the stage. The others, who will deal with the explosives move into the Skyreach room. A short tap on a comm unit signals that it is time for action! Unfortunately Piggy was distracted by a waiter with some nice food...

Initiative
+2 on checks to disable the explosives
Cadence -1 RP
Mavrik -1 RP
Reynold -1 RP
Saeron -2 RP
Telwyn -1 RP

- --
Assassin
- - -
Piggy -1 RP
Porker -10 hp

We are not in combat, but are in initiative to track actions and time

If you are looking for explosives: give me a perception check. If you are dealing with the assassin: roleplay! Please position yourself on the map

Wayfinders

Male CG human (themeless) technomancer 1 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | |Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Cade flashes a smile at the tech, "Hey, you got a great view from up here." He looks out over the room, "I'm glad you didn't need my help. It was kinda interestin' speaking to the bigwigs."

"Not really my scene though, some unusual people... hey, how'd you end up working for these guys anyway? Decent gig?"

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

"Alright! If they were using the disguise of an AV tech where would they have unquestioned access?" Mavrik muses while working through the operation.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn goes around the opposite way from Cade and waits outside the closed door. She'll look for explosives along the way. If she notices any she telepathically alerts the others.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

Reynold casually sidles over to the refreshments table nearest the north door and peers around for explosives. He checks his semi-auto pistol to make sure the clip is full.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

While looking around, he checks to see if any of the guests they made a positive impression with are potentially in danger.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 2/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (8/10) | Azimuth pistol (19/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: -

Saeron accompanies Cade to the AV room. Oh gods, oh gods, oh gods...

Content to follow Cade's lead, she lets him initiate conversation with the suspect. "Wow, this is some interesting tech. What's it all do?" she asks after he's broken the ice, looking over the equipment for signs of explosives or detonation controls.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Fiend series | Shackles

Diplomacy Cade: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Diplomacy Saeron: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Mavrik and Reynold both find an explosive! One is located under the northwestern corner of the stage, while the other is positioned under the center of the stage front. Telwyn waits outside the door to the AV booth, she has not found any explosives in the hallways.

The AV-booth has several displays and a myriad of buttons, any of which could be linked to the explosives.

The woman looks at Cade and Saeron "Great gig, but now I have to ask you to leave. It is almost time for Miss Elsebo to take the stage for her announcement and I need to focus on that." she says while staring intently at Cade. She murmurs some syllables in a language you do not understand... she is casting a spell

Cade: Will save DC14 or:
You are charmed,
This charm makes a humanoid creature regard you as its trusted friend and ally (treat the target’s attitude as friendly).
The spell does not enable you to control the charmed creature as if it were an automaton. It is unlikely to attempt to harm you, but it is also unlikely to attack any of its true friends or allies. You can try to give the target suggestions, but you must succeed at an opposed Charisma check to convince it to do anything it wouldn’t ordinarily do. (Retries of this check are not allowed.) An affected creature never obeys suicidal or obviously harmful suggestions. Any act by you or your apparent allies that threatens the charmed creature breaks the spell.

Initiative
+2 on checks to disable the explosives
2 explosives found
Cadence -1 RP
Mavrik -1 RP
Reynold -1 RP
Saeron -2 RP
Telwyn -1 RP
Piggy -1 RP
Porker -10 hp

- --
Assassin
- - -

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG human (themeless) technomancer 1 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | |Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

mysticism to identify spell: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

"Oh, right well, that's okay. Maybe we can catch up later and talk shop."

Cade gives a friendly wave and quietly sees himself out.


Fiend series | Shackles

Telwyn sees Cade leave the AV booth, leaving Saeron alone with the shapechanger. The other Starfinders are busy with looking for the explosives and can’t see through the tinted glass

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

Engineering (Disable Device): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 = 21

Using the information gathered by the others he gets to work disabling his explosive. Making sure he doesn't use any energy-based tools.

"Alright, let's hope the manual is correct on these." he speaks softly while working.

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Saeron, Cade, what's going on? If either of you has to leave go look into the explosives.

Telwyn thinks how to distract the shapechanger. She decides to seize on the opportunity Cade abruptly leaving presents. She rubs her eyes vigorously trying to produce an I-just-caught-my-husband-with-his-mistress look. Then she storms into the room loudly slamming the door open hoping to startle the assassin.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

"YOU! It's you isn't it! Saeron here told me some space trash hussie's seduced my dear husband and she'd keep an eye on him. I just saw him leave so don't bother trying to deny it! What makes you so special you can walk in on someone else's man and wreck a happy home!?!?"

Telwyn tries to distract her and buy some more time, trying to make this look like a dramatic misunderstanding rather than stalling and investigating. She also looks over the shapechanger for signs of a detonator, com, or other device visible on her person, or unarmed explosives in the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Piggy Longbottom Male CG Ysoki Bounty Hunter Mechanic 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | | Speed 30ft | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +1
BOT ME:
[dice=Laser Rifle@]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=dmg@EAC]2d8+5[/dice]

Mmmmm... delicious chicken wing. Nice seasoning. Mama always said, never work on an empty stomach! Piggy, cheek pouches stuffed with the bones of his slain enemies, approaches center stage.

I'm assuming we have a group com going, so we can communicate with each other. So, I'm assuming Piggy knows about the explosive at center stage.

The Ysoki hops of his larger, pink friend and utters a command. "SIT! Oh, yes, good boy... good boy! " With the drone partially hiding him from the view of the guests, Piggy gets down on his back and pulls out his kit to get to work. Seeing the good doctor on his way over, Piggy whispers them waves him off. "Don't worry, I've got this one! Can you move to Stage Left and disable that one? " Confident the doctor had the situation under control, Piggy sets the kinetic tools on his ample jelly and starts working. What did that manual say? Red wire or green wire.... If this doesn't explode, hopefully my friends have found the rest before I'm done.

Engineering (Disable Device): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 = 31

Ooh, Ninja'd. Piggy doesn't have movement to get to the North bomb this round. Dr, are you alright with getting that one?

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

Sure thing. He can move to the other one before working on it.

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

Seeing his more tech-savvy comrades taking care of the explosives, Reynold slips out into the north hall and draws his pistol. He makes his way over to the tech booth door, ready to stop the assassin should she attempt an escape.

Double move.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 2/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (8/10) | Azimuth pistol (19/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: -

I think she did something to Cade, Saeron sends to Telwyn.

Taken by surprise at Telwyn's unexpected improvisation, Saeron waits to see where her companion leads, while watching the shapeshifter carefully for signs of trouble. Readies an action.

Readied action:
At the first sign of the shapeshifter attempting to flee, cast a spell, or other hostile action Saeron casts a spell on the suspect.


Fiend series | Shackles

Mavrik and Piggy both expertly disable a bomb. Unfortunately Reynold did not scout for another bomb but had to leave for the toilet or something like that. In the other corridor Cade is just moving back to the big gala. Telwyn attempts to distract the assassin who reacts calmly "Look mis, I don't even know your husband and I am no hussie. I am just here to do my job. Now if you would be so kind to leave here before I have to call security I would really appreciate it."

While Saeraon was ready for anything she does not see the need to do something yet...

Initiative
+2 on checks to disable the explosives
2 explosives found, 2 disabled
Cadence -1 RP
Saeron -2 RP
Telwyn -1 RP
Mavrik -1 RP
Reynold -1 RP
Piggy -1 RP
Porker -10 hp

- --
Assassin
- - -

When you ready it helps if the exact readied action (e.g. the spell) is in the spoiler. If it then triggers I can integrate that in the action and continue. It is also my opinion that you need to ready a specific action (I cast command) instead of a generic (I cast a spell)

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

"That makes two, Piggy. Good work. Shall we see who gets the next one?" Mavrik says looking for another bomb around the stage.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Did Telwyn spot anything like a detonator controller with 18 perception that she can try to grab off the assassin?


Fiend series | Shackles

Mavrik is certain these two bombs were all the assassin planted. Telwyn has noticed she is wearing one of those technician's vests with plenty of pockets. A detonator could be hidden in any one of them...

Edit: sorry Telwyn, that is a no

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

"The stage is all clear, team. I will head your way shortly." is spoken across the comm channel by Mavrik.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Piggy Longbottom Male CG Ysoki Bounty Hunter Mechanic 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | | Speed 30ft | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +1
BOT ME:
[dice=Laser Rifle@]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=dmg@EAC]2d8+5[/dice]

"Thanks, Doc. Fatso and I are on the way. " Piggy hops back atop his noble steed and smacks it on the butt. "Hi-ho and away! " He ignores the uncomfortable looks from the ball goers and looks down as Porker's doesn't move. "Uhh... that means go. "

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

@GM Code for “should have made a Perception check?” Whoops!

Reynold peers around the hall to make sure there are no other explosives there.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Upon reaching the tech booth and hearing Telwyn’s attempt to buy time, Reynold tries to smooth over the interaction. ”Whoa. Not sure what I walked in on here, but management’s saying there’s something up with the stage and they need tech to come down and fix it. Ma’am, if you need to talk with this staff member then you can come with us and we’ll figure this all out afterwards, but right now she needs to get to the stage and fix whatever problems they’re having before the First Seeker’s big speech.” He looks right at Telwyn and tries to drop her a message. ”She can’t do her job if we’re all surrounding her like this; let’s clear things up on stage.”

Bluff (with expertise): 1d20 + 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (8) + (3) + 11 = 22

Let’s hope she gets the hint.

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

no worries GM

Telwyn picks up on Reynold's message and responds to the assassin. "Ok ok I don't want any tourble. Hmm maybe it's that girl at the coffee shop..."

She leaves out the exit ahead of the group. I'll take up a position outside out of sight of the stage. You guys get her out there and we'll put on a show.

Wayfinders

Male CG human (themeless) technomancer 1 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | |Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Cade steps into the hall and looks for any bombs.
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Hmm, I wonder who might have planted these bombs?

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 2/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (8/10) | Azimuth pistol (19/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: -

Thanks for the clarification GMG.

With Telwyn's ploy proving unsuccessful and Reynold initiating an alternative scheme, Saeron can do little but follow her companion's lead once more.

I will try to detect her thoughts, she send to her companions.

She follows Telwyn from the AV room, and holds the door open for the others out of courtesy. Momentarily stepping behind the door as she waits for them to pass, she uses the opportunity to attempt to cover her casting detect thoughts.

Poking her head back around the door, she intends to watch for the others to pass (and signs of her spellcasting having been detected), close the door and follow behind them, maintaining her spell in an effort to read the assassin's thoughts.

Detect thoughts:

DC12 in 3rd round, if it comes to that

School divination (mind-affecting)

Casting Time 1 standard action

Range 60 ft.

Area cone-shaped emanation

Duration concentration, up to 1 minute/level

Saving Throw Will negates, see text; Spell Resistance no

You detect the surface thoughts of intelligent creatures around you. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or target.

1st Round: You detect the presence or absence of thoughts from conscious creatures that have Intelligence scores of at least 1 (or an Intelligence modifier of –5) or higher.

2nd Round: You detect the number of thinking minds and the Intelligence score (or modifier) of each. If the highest Intelligence score is 26 (or a modifier of +8) or higher and at least 10 points higher than your own Intelligence score (or 5 points higher than your own Intelligence modifier), you are stunned for 1 round and the spell ends. This spell doesn’t let you determine the location of the thinking minds if you can’t see the creatures whose thoughts you are detecting.

3rd Round: You can read the surface thoughts of any mind in the area. A target who succeeds at its Will save prevents you from reading its thoughts, and you must cast detect thoughts again to have another chance. Creatures of animal intelligence (an Intelligence score of 1 or 2 or an Intelligence modifier of –4 or lower) have simple, instinctual thoughts.

Each round, you can turn to detect thoughts in a new area. The spell can penetrate barriers, but 3 feet of dirt or wood, 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or any force field blocks it.


Fiend series | Shackles

This is turning into one of those revolving door comedies! When I played this we never switched teams, so I wasn't prepared for this. I like it though!

Mechanics Clarification:
Searching for or disabling an explosive is a full round action. Trying to distract the assassin is also a full round action. To keep things simple moving between the AV-booth and the big room is also a full round action. It is very likely that explosives are placed in the big room and not in the corridors or anywhere else. Exact position within each room is not that important as long as there is no combat.

Mavrik searches in the Skyreach room and he declares that it is safe, so Piggy and Porker move to the AV booth.

Reynold attempts to get the technician to come with him. She looks at him and then through the tinted glass into the Skyreach room. She taps her comm unit "Hello? Any issue I should be aware of?" turning back to Reynold she scowls "I do not know what you are doing, but I try to do my job here and you are interfering. There must be plenty of nice drinks down there for you to try, this is not a bar! Now get out and let me do my job!"

Telwyn leaves for the gala room and Saeron follows her, just waiting outside the door. She concentrates and detects the presence of several intelligent creatures. You might want to read the description of detect thoughts ;-)

Cade enters the gala room and examines the left side of the stage. He immediately spots an explosive device!

Initiative
+2 on checks to disable the explosives
3 explosives found, 2 disabled
Cadence -1 RP - gala room
Saeron -2 RP - AV booth
Telwyn -1 RP - gala room
Mavrik -1 RP - gala room
Reynold -1 RP - AV booth
Piggy -1 RP - AV booth
Porker -10 hp - AV booth

- --
Assassin
- - -

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 2/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (8/10) | Azimuth pistol (19/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: -

Saeron continues to hold the door, peering back inside the AV room. "You two coming?" she asks Reynold and the assassin.

2nd Round of detecting thoughts.

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn thinks that it is early to be bringing the assassin out for a confrontation, so as she leaves the room she telepathically asks How many mombs did you guys find? Are we sure we are ready to draw the assassin out to the stage?

Since someone will probably answer 2 or 3 she will take a closer look around the back end of the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we believe we are looking for 5 and have so far found 3, so it is early to try and bring out the assassin and need to look for and defuse the bombs, right?


Fiend series | Shackles

if you think that the number of empty explosive wrappers is the same as the number of explosives placed that is correct. You might also think about confronting her in a room full of high society guests

Telwyn finds a bomb at the rear right side of the stage!

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

Telwyn will broadcast to the group where she found this bomb. Another one out here, back right side of the stage. That makes four but can someone else come defuse this one? It's not my strong suit.

Yeah I would rather take care of the assassin in the AV room. Do you guys who are with the assassin now want to change up the current course of action or still want to bring him out?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Piggy Longbottom Male CG Ysoki Bounty Hunter Mechanic 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | | Speed 30ft | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +1
BOT ME:
[dice=Laser Rifle@]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=dmg@EAC]2d8+5[/dice]

Whoa... I totally forgot there were 5!!! Piggy walks into the AV room and stops. He takes in the scene then hears that there are two more bombs! Shoot... I really should have paid more attention to the wrappera... With that, he raps the right side of Porker's head and the drone promptly turns around, moving through the door. "THIS ISN'T THE BATHROOM!!! " With that, he disappears from sight.

Full round action to return to the stage.

Acquisitives

N Male Human (Cyberborn) Mechanic 2 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC: 14 KAC:15 AC vs CM:23 | F:0 R:5 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed 30ft | Engineering Re-Roll: 1/1 | Active Conditions: | Ammo Count: 12/20 Charges.
Skills:
Computers: 8 | Engineering: 10/14 | Life Science: 9 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 6 | Piloting: 7 | Profession (Cybernetics): 11 | Stealth: 7

"Of course. I was getting ahead of myself. I am heading your way in a moment but going to sweep the other side as well." Mavrik says checking along the opposite wall.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Acquisitives

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

Reynold feigns offense. ”Excuse me? I’m just trying to help you with your job, so a little gratitude would be appreciated. Evidently none of your tech is working right if you didn’t get the memo about the stage, since I literally was just told to leave the bar to come find you. You want to stay here and make faces at me, your call, but I’m not going back in there and telling my boss some AV techie got wise and that’s why the speech got gunked up.”

Bluff (with expertise): 1d20 + 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (14) + (4) + 11 = 29

I’m cool with the AV room for final combat, my plan is to keep tabs on her and just be obnoxious to cover for everyone removing the bombs until y’all get here.

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 2/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (8/10) | Azimuth pistol (19/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: -

From comments made throughout the mission I had inferred the general concensus to be that some sort of display of Starfinder awesomeness before the VIPs was a secondary goal, if possible (keeping the First Seeker safe being the primary one). Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

To that end, Saeron was attempting to distract/delay the assassin in the AV booth while the bombs were dealt with and, not being one for subterfuge or concocting grand tales, is now rolling with whatever the current situation presents. So, happy for either area to be the site of the confrontation.

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.
Saeron Kasari wrote:

From comments made throughout the mission I had inferred the general concensus to be that some sort of display of Starfinder awesomeness before the VIPs was a secondary goal, if possible (keeping the First Seeker safe being the primary one). Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

To that end, Saeron was attempting to distract/delay the assassin in the AV booth while the bombs were dealt with and, not being one for subterfuge or concocting grand tales, is now rolling with whatever the current situation presents. So, happy for either area to be the site of the confrontation.

Good point. Maybe I should keep trying to get her out in the open?

Wayfinders

Male CG human (themeless) technomancer 1 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | |Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Cade gets to work on the bomb, horrible thing, I hope we can figure out who left it.
engineering(disable device): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Fiend series | Shackles

AV booth
Saeron holds the door for the Reynold who keeps on distracting the technician. She taps her comm unit "Hello, am I needed downstairs? What is going on?"

Skyreach room
After Telwyn has found the fourth explosive Mavrik finds a fifth at the rear left side of the stage. Cade disables one of these and Piggy moves back to the Skyreach room.

Initiative
+2 on checks to disable the explosives
5 explosives found, 3 disabled
Saeron -2 RP - AV booth
Reynold -1 RP - AV booth

Telwyn -1 RP - gala room
Mavrik -1 RP - gala room
Cadence -1 RP - gala room
Piggy -1 RP - gala room
Porker -10 hp - gala room

- --
Assassin
- - -

Dataphiles

Female NG damaya lashunta icon mystic 3 | SP 15/15 HP 22/22 | RP 2/5 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Speed: 30 ft | Perc: +10, SM: +10 | Conditions: None
Abilities/Consumables:
| Acid dart rifle (8/10) | Azimuth pistol (19/20) | Serum of healing, mk I 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: -

"Did you say the speech is going to be starting soon?" Saeron asks of Reynold. "Hopefully these problems you mention are sorted out in time."

3rd round detecting thoughts (DC12)

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG human (themeless) technomancer 1 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | |Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Cade takes a look at the bomb Telwyn found.
engineering(disable device): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Maybe we should ask that nice AV Tech to help us with these?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Piggy Longbottom Male CG Ysoki Bounty Hunter Mechanic 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 7/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | | Speed 30ft | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +1
BOT ME:
[dice=Laser Rifle@]1d20+9[/dice] [dice=dmg@EAC]2d8+5[/dice]

Piggy hears that the last bomb has been found and smiles. Looks like Case has his under control. Let's see what I can do about this little guy.

Engineering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Laying on his back, he pats his jacket and utters a curse. "No more chocolate? No! This is ridiculous. Once we deal with this bomber, it's time to hit up the dessert table. "

Acquisitives

SP 15/15 | HP 22/22 | RP 5/6 | Detect Thoughts SLA 0/1 | EAC 19, KAC 19, CMD 27 | F+2, R+8, W+3 | Init +7, Perc +10 | Damaya Lashunta Operative 3

With all the explosives identified, Telwyn moves back to wait right outside the AV room, drawing her weapon if no one is around.

Nice work everyone, Piggy and Cade are wrapping up the last two bombs and then take care of the assassin. Should we still be careful of energy weapons in case there is any explosive residue?

201 to 250 of 291 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMG's SFS - #1-05 - The First Mandate All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.