GMG's PbP: Cosmic Captive (CORE 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Magabeus

Map


301 to 350 of 352 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Fiend series | Shackles

Korvan attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Jing Hao utterly destroys the blue ring! Immediately the luster on the white, red and green rings diminishes. Korvan does damage to the purple protective ring and Volar destroys that one. The white, red and green rings now are rather dull.

Smiler does some minor damage to another ring 3hp damage to which one?

Etune quickly deduces that the rings either can be disabled by a fantastic rogue, or just destroyed like the melee types are doing. She turns her attention to the polyhedron. With a minor application of magical energy she manages to align three facets next to each other to show a vulcanic island. Vraxam also tries to solve a part of the big puzzle but is unable to focus. The red haze coming from the red ruby circle makes it impossible for him to solve the darn thing!

Status
Heal Smiler? (at 12/16 hp)
Assign 3 damage from smiler to Red, Green or White circle
Greenwillow to act
1 Puzzle solved

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 3 | HP: 24/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh 2nd—Bull's Strength, Summon Nature's Ally 2 Active conditions: shillelagh | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

Smiler will be guided to attack the white circle to weaken any guardians.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors // Rasheen's Riches

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr’s image appears, her hair windblown and a look of wonder on her face. “The Society's discoveries have weakened the prison of the powerful being sealed within Aucturn's Tear,” she pauses, studying a flotilla of crystal balls that hover around her. “Our divinations indicate that it’s now offering a fraction of its power to our forces!”

Behind Sorrina, a small army of Pathfinder mages are studying the floating globes. Then one of them whispers in Drandle Dreng’s ear. Abruptly, Drandle hurries to the forefront, his shaggy head appearing in the center of the Divination window. "ACG Warriors, make a run for it!" Hands gesticulating wildly, he shouts, “NOW!”

Table GMs, the Thunderous Aid condition is now in effect. ACG Tables, you may make a run for it.

We have 78/150 clues!


Fiend series | Shackles

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Greenwillow attempts to solve another facet of the puzzle, but she also has trouble looking through the red haze. With the sound of sliding rocks two more dinosaur-headed statues break from the surrounding stone!

Initiative:

Volar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Smiler: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Etune Snowfoot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Vraxam Uldar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Jing Hao: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Korvan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Greenwillow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Enemy: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Inititiative
Thunderous aid is in play, see slide 3
Volar
Smiler - will save needed
Etune - will save needed

- - -
Enemy
- - -
Vraxam
Jing Hao
Korvan
Greenwillow

Silver Crusade

Female Halfling
Stats:
Sor 2 (W. Drac.)|HP 10/16|AC:22*/T:14/FF:15*|F:+3/R: +4/W:+3/5|CMB:+1|CMD: 14/11FF|BAB: +1|Init: +5|Acro.: +5|Bluff: +3|K: Ar+6|Ling: +2|Per.: +5|Spellcraft: +5|Stealth:+7|UMD: +7|PFS# 145296-7(Core)
Limited Use Items:
Folio 0/1 (+0); Claws 4/6 per day

Will Save(+2 additional versus Fear effects): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Going to guess that is not enough to make any sort of save.

Proposed Action pending results of Will Save:
Etune attempts to draw upon the captive's power to provide more allies for the party.

UMD(Summon Nature's Ally II): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male
Botting instructions:
Korvan would attack the closest enemy or whoever is attacking a companion, ranged first// [dice=CLB+PBS]1d20+7[/dice]...[dice=DMG]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=Falchion]1d20+7[/dice]...[dice=DMG]2d4+7[/dice]
Half Elf
Skills:
Acrobatics:+7;Climb+6;Handle Animal:+3;Survival:+7:Track:+8; Stealth:+6;K(Nature):+7
Fighter 1/Ranger 2 CORE[HP:30/30][AC:18/12/16][F:+7;R:+5;W:+2][INIT:+4][Perc:+13]

"Heads UP! More danger!" Korvan says as he points to more dangers coming.


Male N Ape Animal Companion 3 | HP: 14/16| AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, low light, scent | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Active conditions: 1Str damage, Nauseated

will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Fiend series | Shackles

My apologies, will save was required for Vraxam (who attempted a puzzle) and not for Smiler

Fort Etune: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Etune has the impression that the rocks are slowly moving towards her, the disconcerting feeling hampers her focus and she is not able to harness the captive's power.

Inititiative
Thunderous aid is in play, see slide 3
Volar
Smiler

- - -
Enemy
- - -
Vraxam- will save needed
Jing Hao
Korvan
Greenwillow
Etune - shaken

Dark Archive

LN Halfling Sorcerer 3 | Mods: None | HP: 20/20 | AC 13, Tch 13, Fl 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3: FR 5; +2 vs Fear/Poison | Speed 20ft | Corrupting Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Init: +8

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

-Posted with Wayfinder


Fiend series | Shackles

Vraxam is fine

Volar and Smiler can act!

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 3 | HP: 24/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh 2nd—Bull's Strength, Summon Nature's Ally 2 Active conditions: shillelagh | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

Volar whistles for Smiler to attack as he charges the next rocky creature and puts is momentum in to a powerfeul stab with his spear.

spear attack, charge, P.Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 21

spear damage, P.Attack: 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14

”These things need to learn when to give up!” he says with a sigh.


Male N Ape Animal Companion 3 | HP: 14/16| AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, low light, scent | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Active conditions: 1Str damage, Nauseated

Smiler moves in and takes a bite at the same rocky creature that his human attacked.

bite attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

bite damage, P.Attack: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors // Rasheen's Riches

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Even as the many-faceted prison spins and reconfigures itself, it cannot keep pace with the combined efforts of the Pathfinder Society. A refreshing breeze pours from the immense orb, restoring the agents' will to fight.

Table GMs, the Winds of Restoration condition is now in effect.

Clue Count:
120/150! Almost there!


Fiend series | Shackles

A refreshing breeze flows through the area, coming from the polyhydrone

Each PC heals 1d8+3 hit points, heals 1d2 points of ability damage to each ability score, and regains one daily use of a class feature. In addition, each PC recovers one or more spells that has total levels equal to his character level (minimum 3)

Volar hits the statue! The other statue starts chanting while it moves closer to Jing Hao. The one near Volar tries to hit the human, but fails dramatically.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Inititiative
Thunderous aid is in play, see slide 3
Volar
Smiler
Vraxam
Jing Hao
Korvan
Greenwillow
Etune - shaken

- - -
Red -14 hp
Blue
- - -

Silver Crusade

Female Halfling
Stats:
Sor 2 (W. Drac.)|HP 10/16|AC:22*/T:14/FF:15*|F:+3/R: +4/W:+3/5|CMB:+1|CMD: 14/11FF|BAB: +1|Init: +5|Acro.: +5|Bluff: +3|K: Ar+6|Ling: +2|Per.: +5|Spellcraft: +5|Stealth:+7|UMD: +7|PFS# 145296-7(Core)
Limited Use Items:
Folio 0/1 (+0); Claws 4/6 per day

The draconish halfling attempts to draw on the supposed aid of this spirit once more. Attempting the 'Summon Ally' thing again

"LYVRRRYX I TYXSSIS DRACHICHXX*!" she bellows as she fights through the fear she has of being crushed under rocks and worse.

UMD(Shaken): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 2 = 22

*:
"LIBERATE SELF DEFEND US" Draconic

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 2 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 20/20| F +5 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

"Excuse me, I'm trying to work here. That chanting is annoying me." Not worth dropping his scythe, he swings into this dinosaur-headed creature.

scythe+Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 1 = 9
damage+Power Attack: 2d4 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 + 3 = 14


Fiend series | Shackles

A shimmering whirlwind starts to form. Etune is concentrating hard to assist it to materialize casting time full round

Jing Hao is swinging his scythe, not hitting anything.

Inititiative
Thunderous aid used
Volar
Smiler
Vraxam
Korvan
Greenwillow

- - -
Red -14 hp
Blue
- - -
Etune - shaken
Jing Hao

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Halfling Sorcerer 3 | Mods: None | HP: 20/20 | AC 13, Tch 13, Fl 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3: FR 5; +2 vs Fear/Poison | Speed 20ft | Corrupting Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Init: +8

"And we'd be done if it weren't for the constant interruptions!" adds and exasperated Vraxam as he steps around Jing Hao.

Building up a fair amount of crackling energy, he emits it all at once in a burst of light. "O kan fi wa nikan tẹlẹ!" Frowning as the sparks sputter away from him, he shakes his hand violently. "Darn things must need recharged."

Gnomish:

"Just leave us alone already!"

Burning Hands (Electric) Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Well...that was subpar...Reflex DC 15 for half. Marked the 15' cone on the map with blue.


Fiend series | Shackles

Vraxam's sparkles wash over the stone creature and do minor damage.

Inititiative
Thunderous aid used
Volar
Smiler
Korvan
Greenwillow

- - -
Red -14 hp
Blue -1 hp
- - -
Etune - shaken
Jing Hao
Vraxam

Liberty's Edge

Male
Botting instructions:
Korvan would attack the closest enemy or whoever is attacking a companion, ranged first// [dice=CLB+PBS]1d20+7[/dice]...[dice=DMG]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=Falchion]1d20+7[/dice]...[dice=DMG]2d4+7[/dice]
Half Elf
Skills:
Acrobatics:+7;Climb+6;Handle Animal:+3;Survival:+7:Track:+8; Stealth:+6;K(Nature):+7
Fighter 1/Ranger 2 CORE[HP:30/30][AC:18/12/16][F:+7;R:+5;W:+2][INIT:+4][Perc:+13]

Falchion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12...DMG: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9

Korvan moves to Jiang's side and swings his falchion at the blue tinted foe...

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 3 | HP: 24/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh 2nd—Bull's Strength, Summon Nature's Ally 2 Active conditions: shillelagh | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

Volar takes another stab at the rocky creature with his spear.

spear attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

spear damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"Finish him off pal!" he says to Smiler with a hint of frustration in his voice.


Male N Ape Animal Companion 3 | HP: 14/16| AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, low light, scent | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Active conditions: 1Str damage, Nauseated

Smiler does as he's instructed and tries to finish off the strange creature with his powerful claws and teeth.

bite attack, magic fang, P.Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 19

bite damage, magic fang, P.Attack: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5

claw attack, P.Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 1 = 12

claw damage, P.Attack: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6

claw attack, P.Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 1 = 6

claw damage, P.Attack: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Druid/1 (HP 10/10 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: -2 | CMD:10 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+2 | Will:+7 | Init:+4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30/20)

Greenwillow moves to support Smiler, and casts Guidance.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors // Rasheen's Riches

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

With the help of dozens of other Pathfinders, all working together, the last of the circles and their strange guardians fall!

Sorrina Westyr's image manifests to the Pathfinders, standing before a floating metallic polyhedron scribed with countless shifting glyphs. “We have done it! Now how to open this—”

A great crack interrupts the Master of Spell's musings, as an immense three-eyed giant with skin like hewn stone steps through a tear in space, with an army pouring out past her. The giant bellows so that all can hear. “I acknowledge your strength, little ones, for you have angered my benefactor enough to send me. I and my warriors, the Daemon Prayers, honor it with unyielding death. Seize the Vault! Slay them all!”

Sorrina Westyr urgently pipes in. “We just need a few more minutes to secure our prize and escape. Hold them off as long as you can!”

Drandle Dreng’s shaggy head appears once again in the divination window. “You heard her, Pathfinders!” He says, fist raised. “Go get ‘em!”

Table GMs, begin the final encounters.


Fiend series | Shackles

Initiative:

Volar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Smiler: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Etune Snowfoot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Vraxam Uldar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Jing Hao: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Korvan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Greenwillow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Enemy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Two wispy, ghostly humanoid shapes step out of the stone just after you celebrated your victory over the dinosaur statues!

Inititiative
Thunderous aid available
Volar
Smiler
Korvan
Greenwillow
Etune
Jing Hao
Vraxam

- - -
Enemy

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

In the background, a wispy vision approaches, as it feels like someone is lurking, watching, waiting to take over...

Liberty's Edge

Male
Botting instructions:
Korvan would attack the closest enemy or whoever is attacking a companion, ranged first// [dice=CLB+PBS]1d20+7[/dice]...[dice=DMG]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=Falchion]1d20+7[/dice]...[dice=DMG]2d4+7[/dice]
Half Elf
Skills:
Acrobatics:+7;Climb+6;Handle Animal:+3;Survival:+7:Track:+8; Stealth:+6;K(Nature):+7
Fighter 1/Ranger 2 CORE[HP:30/30][AC:18/12/16][F:+7;R:+5;W:+2][INIT:+4][Perc:+13]

Korvan grabs his bow and sends an arrow at the white outlined foe, more to see if the arrow hurts him than anything else...

CLB+PBS: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16...DMG: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Fiend series | Shackles

The arrow speeds towards the foe, but at the last moment a gust of wind from the prison sphere sends it off course.

Inititiative
Thunderous aid available
Intermittent bursts of wind (–2 penalty on ranged attack rolls)
Water elemental ally available

Volar
Smiler
Greenwillow
Etune
Jing Hao
Vraxam

- - -
Enemy
- - -
Korvan

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 3 | HP: 24/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh 2nd—Bull's Strength, Summon Nature's Ally 2 Active conditions: shillelagh | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

The situation changes so quickly that Volar's elation from his fellow Pathfinders solving the puzzles is quickly replaced by a growing dread.

"We may find ourselves outnumbered very soon here so i think we need all the help we can get. I call on the aid of an elemental spirit from the depths of the plane of water to aid us!"

Volar whistles a command for Smiler to attack the nearest wispy humanoid as he moves over to retrieve his club from the ground.

"With my replenished natural energies i may be able to enchant this again." he mumbles to himself as he tests the weight of the club using both hands.

Move over. Drop the spear spear and pick up the club.


Male N Ape Animal Companion 3 | HP: 14/16| AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, low light, scent | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Active conditions: 1Str damage, Nauseated

"ROOOOAAARRR" yells Smiler as he moves charges the wispy smoke thing and tries to bite it as hard as he can.

bite attack, magic fang, charge, P.Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 17

bite damage, magic fang, P.Attack: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 6

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 2 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 20/20| F +5 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

"I. Just. Want. To. Look. At. The. Rock!" Jing Hao says through gritted teeth. "There's interesting runes there and I wanted to decipher them. I'm not just a brute with a scythe!"

He charges at the ghostly figure that isn't being harassed by the ape.

Scythe, charge, power attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 21
damage, power attack: 2d4 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 + 3 = 15

"I'm a lawyer with a scythe!

Dark Archive

LN Halfling Sorcerer 3 | Mods: None | HP: 20/20 | AC 13, Tch 13, Fl 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3: FR 5; +2 vs Fear/Poison | Speed 20ft | Corrupting Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Init: +8

"For a bunch of researchers, we sure do find ourselves fighting a lot." remarks the Halfling.

Stepping forward, he looks from Jing to Smiler as he rubs his hands together. 'Sure hope those ghosts recharged this place a bit. Smiler's supported by his pet, so...'

Turning to the ghost Jing has engaged, he tries to draw upon the kinetic energy of the place. With a quick jab to the air, the blue lights once more arc from his hand, sailing towards their foe.

Elemental Ray vs Touch (PBS,Gust,Melee): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 12
Electric Damage (PBS): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Fiend series | Shackles

Smiler hits the ghostly shape and discovers that inside the mists a rockhard shell protects whatever is inside DR Jing Hoa experiences the same, although his scythe does far more damage!

BW: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Slam: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 + 2 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Opposite Jing Hao a puddle starts to form as the air is drained of liquid, once it is a few feet in diameter it rises up and tries to hit the ghostly shape!

Inititiative
Thunderous aid available
Intermittent bursts of wind (–2 penalty on ranged attack rolls)

Greenwillow
Etune
Vraxam

- - -
Black -1 hp
White -10 hp
- - -
Korvan
Jing Hao
Volar
Smiler

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

I am in now... just waiting for folks to post!
Greenwillow, Etune, and Vraxam are up!

Dark Archive

LN Halfling Sorcerer 3 | Mods: None | HP: 20/20 | AC 13, Tch 13, Fl 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3: FR 5; +2 vs Fear/Poison | Speed 20ft | Corrupting Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Init: +8

I posted as GMG posted - So it's just Greenwillow and Etune you'll need for this round

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Ah, didn't look that far up.
Uldar's throws a small ball of lightning at white, but his aim is thrown off by trying to throw past Jing, and misses. cover bonus to AC

If I don't see Greenwillow and Etune act soonish, I will have the bad guys act, and allow some of the PCs to act. They will be in delay. I'd just bot them, but I don't know the characters.

Silver Crusade

Female Halfling
Stats:
Sor 2 (W. Drac.)|HP 10/16|AC:22*/T:14/FF:15*|F:+3/R: +4/W:+3/5|CMB:+1|CMD: 14/11FF|BAB: +1|Init: +5|Acro.: +5|Bluff: +3|K: Ar+6|Ling: +2|Per.: +5|Spellcraft: +5|Stealth:+7|UMD: +7|PFS# 145296-7(Core)
Limited Use Items:
Folio 0/1 (+0); Claws 4/6 per day

Etune squints as things start appearing and combat erupts yet again. We can't take much more of this!

Does the Shaken condition from the Puzzle Rings still apply?

"RARRRRRRRR!" the halfling roars as she draws forth the power of her blood Free Action: Draconic Claws Swift Action: Arcane Strike and charges at the thing that Smiler has already engaged, her hands shifting to scaly draconic talons!

Draconic Claw Attack(Left), Charging, Counts as magic: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 13

Damage(Arcane Strike): 1d3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Current AC 20 (Mage Armor), current Touch AC 12

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Etune, they only last until the end of the "next encounter", so no, you are no longer shaken.

Etune hurries up and attacks the black creature. Her claws go right through the creature without inflicting any real harm.

FYI knowledge planes to figure out what they are

Greenwillow in delay

As its wounds quickly heal, the black enshrouded creature turns to the halfling and smashes its fists at her. It hits the small woman twice, but only because she was focused on hitting it herself.
SMASH vs AC20: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
SMASH vs AC20: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Wow. Just... wow!

The white creature steps around Jing Hao so as to move out of being flanked, and then swings twice at him! It misses twice, but its wounds heal, slightly.

SMASH vs AC18: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
SMASH vs AC18: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Inititiative
Greenwillow, Korvan, Jing Hao, and Volar are up!
Thunderous aid available
Intermittent bursts of wind (–2 penalty on ranged attack rolls)
=> Greenwillow
=> Korvan
=> Jing Hao
=> Volar
Smiler
Etune -6hp
Vraxam
- - -
Black -0 hp
White -9 hp
- - -

Dark Archive

LN Halfling Sorcerer 3 | Mods: None | HP: 20/20 | AC 13, Tch 13, Fl 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3: FR 5; +2 vs Fear/Poison | Speed 20ft | Corrupting Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Init: +8

K (Planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Nopers...

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 3 | HP: 24/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh 2nd—Bull's Strength, Summon Nature's Ally 2 Active conditions: shillelagh | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

"Well if you want to look at that rock Jing Hao we'd best hit them a bit harder." says Volar as he walks nearer to the strange enemies.

He chants some words as he pours some natural energies into his club. Shillelagh.


Male N Ape Animal Companion 3 | HP: 14/16| AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, low light, scent | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Active conditions: 1Str damage, Nauseated

Smiler keeps attacking the weird creature in from of him while his human talks to one of the other humans.

bite attack, magic fang, P.Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 22

bite damage, magic fang, P.Attack: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 8

claw attack 1, P.Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 1 = 21

claw damage 1, P.Attack: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

claw attack 2, P.Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 1 = 20

claw damage 2, P.Attack: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6

A nice round of d20 rolls for Smiler! :)

The Exchange

Male Human (Tian-Shu) Fighter 2 AC 18(T12,FF16) CMD 16| HP 20/20| F +5 R +2 W +0 | Init +2, Perc +1, Sense Motive +5 |

"I'm trying the best I can," the burly barrister replies to the druid. "Why can't they let me study in peace?"

Hao steps to the side of these mysterious strangers and swing again with his massive scythe.

Scythe-Pwr Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 1 = 5
Damage + Pwr attk: 2d4 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 + 3 = 11

literally the worst round of dice rolls.


Male N Ape Animal Companion 3 | HP: 14/16| AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, low light, scent | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Active conditions: 1Str damage, Nauseated

Ape steal big man luck.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Smiler drops the bad guys next to him, but Jing Hao manages to miss his target, while Volar casts his spell,

Grenwillow, Korvan, Etune, and Vraxam are up.

Liberty's Edge

Male
Botting instructions:
Korvan would attack the closest enemy or whoever is attacking a companion, ranged first// [dice=CLB+PBS]1d20+7[/dice]...[dice=DMG]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=Falchion]1d20+7[/dice]...[dice=DMG]2d4+7[/dice]
Half Elf
Skills:
Acrobatics:+7;Climb+6;Handle Animal:+3;Survival:+7:Track:+8; Stealth:+6;K(Nature):+7
Fighter 1/Ranger 2 CORE[HP:30/30][AC:18/12/16][F:+7;R:+5;W:+2][INIT:+4][Perc:+13]

Korvan moves to get a clear shot on the white bordered foe...
CLB+PBS: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20...DMG: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Silver Crusade

Female Halfling
Stats:
Sor 2 (W. Drac.)|HP 10/16|AC:22*/T:14/FF:15*|F:+3/R: +4/W:+3/5|CMB:+1|CMD: 14/11FF|BAB: +1|Init: +5|Acro.: +5|Bluff: +3|K: Ar+6|Ling: +2|Per.: +5|Spellcraft: +5|Stealth:+7|UMD: +7|PFS# 145296-7(Core)
Limited Use Items:
Folio 0/1 (+0); Claws 4/6 per day

Etune lets out a brief sigh of relief as the thing nearest her vanishes, and then moves up to support Jing Hao, keeping her claws out and swiftly re-empowering them with her heritage.

Swift Action: Arcane strike. Free Action: Keep Claws out. Move Action: Move to flank remaining opponent (risking AoO) Standard Action: Left Claw Strike

Draconic Claw Attack(Right), Flanking(?) Counts as magic: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15 2 less if Flanking does not apply

Claw Damage(Arcane Strike): 1d3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

LN Halfling Sorcerer 3 | Mods: None | HP: 20/20 | AC 13, Tch 13, Fl 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3: FR 5; +2 vs Fear/Poison | Speed 20ft | Corrupting Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Init: +8

"Ah, thats better Jing. Easier to see now." he remarks a bit sheepishly as he lobs a ball of electricity at the remaining foe. "We've got more rocks for you to document."

Acid Splash w/PBS (Electric): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
Electric Damage; PBS: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Korvan shoots the creature, his arrow partially passing through ineffectively, but he does cause some damage. Etune strikes it, then, though his claws are not able to cause any damage. Vraxam throws a splash of electricity at it, harming it.

Greenwillow?

It then goes down!

You can take two rounds to heal... I'll start the next encounter assuming you have done so!

Soon after the party dispatches the whispy humanoids, they hear a grumbling sound once more, and a pair of rock creatures come in from the walls!

AYRZUL’S MINIONS
Kn:Planes for information

=> Smiler
=> Korvan
=> Vraxam
=> Greenwillow

Brown Rock Creature
Green Rock Creature

Etune
Volar
Jin Hao

init:

Etune: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Greenwillow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Jing Hao: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Korvan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Smiler: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Volar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Vraxam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Rock Creatures: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

We are almost out of time!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors // Rasheen's Riches

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Pathfinders push back the extraplanar mercenaries, which flee the Society's ferocious counterattack. The few remaining elementals fight to the last but quickly crumble under the assault. With the path back to the surface clear, Sorrina Westyr leads the way up to the portals, while Drandle Dreng organizes a quick head count, and begins ushering groups of agents back to Golarion.

Sorrina Westyr is among the last to step back onto the Isle of Kortos, carrying a beautiful, fist-sized opal that seems to glow with countless colors. Overhead, the once-radiant Aucturn's Tear gradually fades in brightness until it's imperceptible against the night sky.

The Master of Spells holds the immense gem aloft and speaks to the gathered agents. “We have accomplished a marvel today. I hold here an artifact in which dwells a powerful air spirit called Ranginori. Many ages ago, the Elemental Planes existed in balance, forces of good and evil locked in equilibrium. The elemental lords we know of today united against their benign counterparts, and claimed sole dominion. Scholars have speculated on the fates of the defeated, but no longer!”

A few scattered cheers well up from some of the more elementally inclined Pathfinders. Sorrina smiles at them indulgently, and continues.

“It will take time to confirm the outsider trapped within this opal is who he claims to be.” She starts for a moment, as if in response to a comment only she can hear, then looks up to the gemstone apologetically and adds, “Professional caution and courtesy, you understand.” She then looks back to the Pathfinders and continues. “If that's true, though, we now hold the essence of the lost lord of air, Ranginori, Duke of Thunder!”

At this, a wind whips around Sorrina, and she laughs.

“If we can free this being, imagine the history he can share with the Society, the good that might be accomplished. I cannot even begin to speculate on the ramifications for the Elemental Planes…and as word of our accomplishment spreads, there will be many thinking these same thoughts, and not with charitable intent toward us. We must be very cautious in the coming months I fear, and not least in verifying the truth of what we hold.”

“Fortunately, thanks to your efforts this evening, we have crippled key allies and armies of the elemental lords who opposed us. It speaks volumes of what the Society has accomplished in the past decade that I can sincerely state you defied demigods and emerged triumphant! It has been my privilege to have been part of that effort.”

Then the Drandle Dreng totters forward, weaving and swaying as if still trying to adjust back to Golarian’s gravity. “We traveled to the stars, and showed those sanctimonious sycophants just what the Society can do!” Then he scratches his shaggy chin, muttering to himself. “Heh. Pathfinders in the Stars. Starry Pathfinders? Starfinders? Starfinder Society! Oh, that’s catchy... I’ll have to remember that.”

____

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ALL WHO MADE COSMIC CAPTIVE “SPECIAL!”

We at last have come to the end of our Cosmic Journey. I’d like to thank our GMs, Players and especially our glorious backup GMs who tirelessly kept tables running. It was glorious to know that this same story played in three different forums (Paizo, Myth-Weavers and RPGgeek) and in three different campaigns (Classic, Core and Adventure Card Game.)

You were all beyond awesome. Hope to see you again in the upcoming Play-by-Post Gameday VI!

Your Affectionate Overseer,
Hmm

Dark Archive

LN Halfling Sorcerer 3 | Mods: None | HP: 20/20 | AC 13, Tch 13, Fl 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3: FR 5; +2 vs Fear/Poison | Speed 20ft | Corrupting Touch: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 6/6 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Init: +8

K Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

As the creatures flee at the sight of Vraxam, he tries to figure out what they were. With a broad, self-centered grin, he cries out "Yeah, you better run! Didn't stand a chance against me, let alone my companions!"

Turning back to the device they'd been inspecting, he gives it one last long look, before scurrying to the planetoids exit. 'Really don't want to get left up here' he considers as he arrives at the designated relief point.

"Glad you all got to join me on this mission. Hopefully we'll get to work together again sometime."

301 to 350 of 352 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMG's PbP: Cosmic Captive - CORE 1-2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.