Discover the Lost Continent! DM Decemvirate Emissary's The Ruins of Azlant AP (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Pathfinder Society Base Classes

House Rules for Hero Points:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.

Optional rules mostly in the form of New Feats for Hero Points:

Arcane Surge (Prerequisites - Arcane Class) (Allows wielder to increase a spell DC by 3 for 1 round by expending a Hero Point),

Attune Item (Prerequisites - A Weapon of Legacy) (Allows wielder to expend one hero point to add +3 to attack and damage for the scene with chosen item),

Defensive Ward (Prerequisites - Dodge) (Allows wielder to expend one hero point to give yourself a +3 Luck bonus to AC for the scene),

Divine Surge (Prerequisites - Divine Class) (Allows wielder to increase a spell DC by 3 for 1 round by expending a Hero Point),

Heroic Feat (Prerequisites - None) (Any saving throw successfully made 10 points above an effects DC automatically allows the character to regain 1 used Hero Point),

Heroic Grace (Prerequisite - None) (Allows wielder to expend one hero point to add +1 to all saving throws or +3 to one saving throw for one scene),

Heroic Quickness (Prerequisites - Improved Initiative) (Allows wielder to expend one hero point to add +3 to Initiative checks),

Manifesting Surge (Prerequisites - Psionic Class) (Allows wielder to increase a powers save DC by 3 for 1 round by expending a Hero Point).


201 to 222 of 222 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Andoran - Almas - the Shining Sea Inn

Ramona approves an advance upon Sharaya's request.

She smiles at Varloo, "Truth be told, we do not yet know. We shall learn more when we arrive at the Colony and hear from the colonists themselves".

Lorik's formal manner leaves an impression upon the leadership of the Expedition.

---

Along with "the group" on the journey are the Captain, First Mate, and the Leader of the Expedition who introduced themselves the prior night, as well as:

The Peregrine's Navigator - Tyra Swain (female human),
The Boatswain - Raerg (male half-orc),
Quartermaster - Bean Counter Brady (female halfling),
The ship also has 16 sailors who work the rigging and keep the ship in tip top shape,
Colonial Soldiers numbering 6 who will serve Ramona Avandth,
Colonists numbering 36 who serve a number of functions required to facilitate the building of a community, above those are a few that stand out as having special skills along with all of your own,
Alba Divenvaar - (female dwarf alchemist),
Anya Sandstrider - (Shoanti female human ranger),
Carver Hastings - (male human archaeologist),
Eamon Caranth - (male half-elf cleric of Erastil),
Harcourt Carrolby - (male human aristocrat),
Kurvis Nurpico - (male human cleric of Abadar),
Luetin Calewick - (male human expert),
Lyra Heatherly - (female half-elf ranger),
Perrell Beys - (female human expert).

Assume that any items you wish to purchase before setting off and you can afford, you are able to find in Almas.

The next afternoon, the Peregrine sets sail to great fanfare with thousands waving the ship off from the docks.... Ahead lays the greatest quest of your, or perhaps anyone's, lives!


Shadow's Status

AZLANT - LAND HO!

After six long weeks, this morning the crew of the Peregrine sighted land to the west. A few hours later, the Peregrine sails into a natural bay with a sandy beach within rowing distance for the ship’s boats. As the crew begins to untie one of the smaller boats to lower it into the water, the sailors pass a spyglass among themselves and finally hand it back to the captain.

Captain Jacob Markosi peers at the island for a moment before grunting and handing the spyglass to expedition leader Ramona Avandth. “You should see this,” he says quietly.

Ramona accepts the spyglass and peers toward the shore. When she lowers the scope, she is clearly distressed but trying to hide her worry. She approaches and motions toward the far side of the deck, away from where most of the other colonists have congregated. “Can I have a word with all of you?” she asks.


Male Skinwalker: Seascarred (were-shark) Cleric of Besmara (VMC Oni-Blooded Sorcerer)

I'm buying 5 Sunrods and 5 Tindertwigs before we leave: 15gps total. Everything goes in my magical backpack.

Varloo raises an eyebrow and nods, following Avandth with the others. He quickly notes that many of his fellow Pathfinders are here too. This is obviously a time to be silent and listen.


M Human Oracle-4 | HP:30/32 | AC17, T10, FF17 | F+2 R+1 W+4 (+7charm/compul) | CMB+6 CMD16/20 | Init+3, Percep+7 | Effects:

"Of course, Captain," Diomedes says, falling in step behind Avandth. He doesn't like that look on her face, particularly not when everyone should be celebrating the end of the journey.


Male Aquatic Elf Gestalt Inspired Blade Swashbuckler 1/Field Agent 1 | HP 12/12 | Init +5 Perc +6 Darkvision 60' | AC 19 Touch 14 FF 15 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1 | Panache 5/5 | Hero Points 1/1 | Move/Swim 35' | Masterwork Rapier +6 (1d6+4/18-20)

Lorik has not let his guise as Orbious slip during the entire journey. He has made up an entire history, and almost views as Orbious as a boon companion of his.

Orbious simply nods, moving to speak privately with Ramona.


Harul makes sure to socialize with each of the colonists during the voyage - if they will be living in close quarters, they need to be able to at least try and be civil.

Harul studies the distance between them and the shore. Soon, I'll be in the colony, and the exploration can begin.

At Ramona's, request, Harul moves over to where she gestures, smiles and says, "Of course. Is something the matter?"


Female Shabti (Looks Chelaxian) Inactive

Sharaya gathers with the rest to hear what Ramona's concerns are.


Male Half-Elf Stalker 1/Delver 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 19 T 16 FF 13 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +7 (+2 vs Enchantments) | CMB 1 / CMD 17 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 (+2 Underwater) | Low-Light, Darkvision 60 feet | 1 Hero Point | Active Effects: Hide from Undead, Inner Sphere Stance

Somehow I missed the update for this, my apologies.
Bann spends as much of the voyage as he can reminiscing about a past life that he can't decide if he would rather forget or not. For the time, the sea was a wonderful place to be.

Jinase silently follows, curiosity peeked. Unease at somehow being found out, even this late, quickly gets erased by relief, followed by worse unease. What could be wrong?


Shadow's Status

AZLANT - LAND HO!

Tosen trails in the rear, also remaining silent as most of you have been.

As she and the rest of you all collectively step to the bow she speaks quietly, “We have a problem. Something is wrong. Nobody’s in sight. There’s no smoke from cook fires or the smithy. Some of the buildings look burned out.

Sailors can’t keep their mouths shut. Soon all the other colonists are going to hear about this—if they can’t see for themselves already—and things could become… tense.

Based upon your interviews, I believe you lot to be the most qualified to go ashore and check out the settlement. If you wish me to, I can send a few of the soldiers with you as well.

In the meantime, I going to ask Captain Markosi to sail north along the island’s coast to a secondary landing site determined by the expedition’s surveyors as an alternative spot to found a colony. The site was later designated as an emergency extraction point should any danger befall the first wave of colonists.

Perhaps there will be someone there.

After you have had a chance to investigate Talmandor’s Bounty, rendezvous with ship at this secondary location. It is due north along the coast. Once we have better information, I will make a final determination on where the rest of the colonists should disembark.

I know this is asking a great deal... can I count on you all?"


M Human Oracle-4 | HP:30/32 | AC17, T10, FF17 | F+2 R+1 W+4 (+7charm/compul) | CMB+6 CMD16/20 | Init+3, Percep+7 | Effects:

"Deth" nods. "While I can't speak for anyone but myself, rest assured that I am at your service, Ramona." His body language carries an air of confidence, but his eyes betray a hint of anxiety. Damn! Where are the colonists? Surely there must be a reasonable explanation.

He excuses himself to prepare his gear for the landing party, returning a few minutes later.


Harul's smile quickly vanishes as Ramona explains the situation. "Elderbrant" nods at her request and says, "Of course. I would be more than happy to assist with this. We must ensure the safety of the colonists first and foremost." Considering a moment, he says, "It may be wiser to keep the soldiers with you. The other colonists may feel more comfortable. We should be able to handle ourselves."


Male Skinwalker: Seascarred (were-shark) Cleric of Besmara (VMC Oni-Blooded Sorcerer)

Varloo nods, agreeing with Harul, while trying to stay in character.

"No use expendin' lives you might need later. Let us check it out and, and if we have to run, we can take out landin' skiff and sail it up the coast easily and safely enough."

He then turns to the ship's captain.

"Looks like a shore party heading in. Point out which skiff we takin and lend me a hand or two to get her seaworthy. Maybe we can throw in a day's worth of water and food too? Just in case? The colony's could be fouled or we could be delayed getting back to you somehow."


Female Shabti (Looks Chelaxian) Inactive

Sharaya nods and goes to gather her stuff quickly, coming back in a few minutes, ready to go.


Male Aquatic Elf Gestalt Inspired Blade Swashbuckler 1/Field Agent 1 | HP 12/12 | Init +5 Perc +6 Darkvision 60' | AC 19 Touch 14 FF 15 | Fort +1 Ref +7 Will +1 | Panache 5/5 | Hero Points 1/1 | Move/Swim 35' | Masterwork Rapier +6 (1d6+4/18-20)

Orbious nods.
"I'll grab my gear and we'll get this done. I'll follow the boat we use in the water, make sure we're clear from the depths. Back in a few."

Orbious readied all of his gear, readying himself for what would come next. He left any accouterments specific to Lorik safely stowed in his pack, then returned to the group, ready to depart.


Male Half-Elf Stalker 1/Delver 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 19 T 16 FF 13 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +7 (+2 vs Enchantments) | CMB 1 / CMD 17 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 (+2 Underwater) | Low-Light, Darkvision 60 feet | 1 Hero Point | Active Effects: Hide from Undead, Inner Sphere Stance

Jinase stares out at the lack of settlement life, seeds of dread and excitement growing jointly in his stomach.
"I agree with Elderbrant, too many of us might be bad. But supplies would certainly be appreciated if they can be spared. Let me gather a few personal items and I shall be ready."


Shadow's Status

AZLANT - LAND HO!

Tosen accompanies Ramona to put together a few days of supplies as Varloo preps the dinghy.

The Pathfinders are able to easily enough board and begin to guide the boat towards shore. The bay’s waters are calm, with only a gentle rocking of the
ship’s boat. The shore is approximately three hundred feet to
the east, where a lonely dock is built off a sandy beach.

Perception DC 18:
Once you are halfway to the dock, something under the water begins to approach the boat!


Male Skinwalker: Seascarred (were-shark) Cleric of Besmara (VMC Oni-Blooded Sorcerer)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7

Varloo guides the dinghy with one hand as the others row, but he seems to have been distracted by something in his ear. Right now he's trying to dig it out with the pinky of his free hand...


M Human Oracle-4 | HP:30/32 | AC17, T10, FF17 | F+2 R+1 W+4 (+7charm/compul) | CMB+6 CMD16/20 | Init+3, Percep+7 | Effects:

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
As he moves forward to pull his oar back again, he catches a glimpse of something moving under the water. Perhaps it's nothing, but better safe than sorry. "Heads up, people! There's something under the water heading toward the skiff." He keeps a grip on the paddle but switches hands, pulling his cutlass out with his right hand.


Female Shabti (Looks Chelaxian) Inactive

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Seeing the thing in the water clearly after Diomedes points it out, Sharaya pulls out her bow and aims at the thing.

Does my perception roll give me any additional information that might help me know whether to shoot immediately or not? Is it huge? Does it look like it is going to ram us? Do I recognize the shape of the thing as something inherently dangerous?


Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Harul, rowing the other oar, pulls out his morningstar and looks about the water. "Where is it? Can you tell what it is?"


Male Plumekith Unchained Monk/Pathfinder Savant 1

Perception DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Tosen brings his crossbow to bear as the alarm is raised. As he picks out the strange figure below the surface he takes a bead on it preparing to fire the moment it surfaces to attack. After all if it was friendly it would know better then to surprise people. Assuming it had the intelligence to begin with and was not a beast looking for a meal.

"I have my sights on it for now.


Male Half-Elf Stalker 1/Delver 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 19 T 16 FF 13 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +7 (+2 vs Enchantments) | CMB 1 / CMD 17 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 (+2 Underwater) | Low-Light, Darkvision 60 feet | 1 Hero Point | Active Effects: Hide from Undead, Inner Sphere Stance

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Bann who had been surveying the land ahead of them, gives a start at Diomedes' warning. He turns his attention to the water as he draws steel and enters into a defensive position.
Inner Sphere Stance
"Any ideas on what?"

201 to 222 of 222 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Discover the Lost Continent! DM Decemvirate Emissary's The Ruins of Azlant AP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.