DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 1: The Worldwound Gambit (table 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

Current Tactical Map: TACTICAL OVERVIEW
Map of Kenabres: Link
Flex Time Thread: LINK

Loot Tracking: Link


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,775 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Bard 4 HP 28/33-AC 20/25 T15/20 FF 17-saves F+4 R+8 W+8-Atk: melee +8-ranged +7-Init +3 BarPer 8/13

"Lady Lisandra? Mr. Voren? Can I come with you? I'm good with people, especially children, I can be of help and I'd be happy to!" Dakota trots after the two healers, always looking around and waving at the people she meets on the way.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas brings the holy blade from its sheath and lays it across his palms.

"Soon after the start of the Fourth Crusade, a paladin of Iomedae and renowned demon slayer named Yaniel spoke out about the state of the Mendevian crusaders at the time. She admonished them of the dangers of negligence and sloth. She claimed these faults were what allowed Khorramzadeh to invade Kenabres and damage the wardstone."

"Her warnings cut too close to the truth, and in a moment of weakness her superiors threatened to excommunicate her. Instead, she said she would enter the Worldwound and fight the Fourth Crusade on her own, with only her magic sword Radiance for company. The church was happy to see Yaniel go and after two years had passed, she was naturally thought to have been slain."

"Yet she returned to Kenabres in 4694 AR and did so leading a small army of crusaders she’d rescued. Both Yaniel and her superiors had changed. For her part, Yaniel had shed her pride and insubordination, and had gained a new appreciation for the difficult decisions leaders are forced to make. In turn, the church leaders had learned that sometimes the truth is exactly what you need to hear. Rot and corruption had begun amongst the crusaders themselves. Yaniel had been right."

"Radiance had awoken and had become a holy artifact. With this sacred weapon, Yaniel led faithful back into the wound to continue bringing the fight to the enemy, but tragedy struck. A few stragglers of her routed company limped back into the city, carrying Radiance with them. Yaniel was reportedly missing. She had disappeared or had been lost in the wound. The sword had gone dark, its magical powers apparently as lost as its master. Due to its historical and holy value as a relic, the crusaders elected to place it in the Gray Garrison upon display. Crusaders of all walks laid hands upon the weapon, but its blade remained dark, its power dormant."

Several months ago it was stolen by the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth, who undoubtedly planned to corrupt it into a weapon of evil."

"But the holy sword was recovered and brought to Commander Irabeth, but still the blade remained inert, until it called me to pick it up in my hand."

"When I did so the sword awoke and its light shines once again. In further miracle, the weapon changed from a longsword and transformed itself before many of these people's eyes, into the image of Ragathiel's own bastard sword."

"This is proof that we are not alone. The eyes of heaven are upon us and the blade must be shown amongst the people as proof."

Radiance was once a powerful weapon, yet since Yaniel’s death the blade has become inert. When handled by a paladin, however, the blade suddenly glows with golden light and functions as a +1 cold iron longsword that radiates light as a torch on command.


Voren & Aravashnial:

Voren: "What do you know of the fey and stasis type magic? I believe that both of those have some connection to me. I do have fey markings on my body, as well."
Aravashnial: "Stasis? Well, I am no fey expert I'm afraid. I have heard nothing of stasis magic associated with them. I HAVE heard of strange time effects around them. Usually you have to venture into their realm and eat of their food. I recall several stories of people falling asleep and months, years even centuries having passed when they awoke. Do you believe something like that has happened to you?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

As Jokum departs from the others, the bag of coins from Arthas jangles at his hip, startling him. Now, then, what to do with these...

A few hours later, his sword glitters with arcane runes now carved into the blade and hilt, and he smiles, testing its weight and balance. Better. Much better. And more than able to pierce a demon's hide. Glancing around to make sure no one is watching him, he slips out of the side door of the complex, nodding to the guards, and stalks off toward a tree a street corner away. Settling down underneath it, he lies back and gazes up at the leaves.

Ah, ancestors mine...see me through this. Help me to lead the others, defeat the evil before me, and heal Sarkoris. There's a quiet rustle from the leaves above him, and then stillness. Drawing his legs up, the big man closes his eyes with a sigh, and focuses on his meditation. The iron claws on his hand prick his palms as he clenches his hands.

Answer me, damn you. My father taught me to revere the spirits of stream and rock and tree as if they were my family, and in return all I've gotten is this bestial curse and an unnatural lifetime of misery. I'm trying to do something with it, crows pick you! SEND ME A SIGN! Blood flows freely from his palms as his fists clench...and then a dark, snuffling nose prods him and a rough tongue licks at the blood.

Jokum more or less falls over.

When he recovers his wits, he scrambles to his feet with a growl, only to find himself facing...a badger. A rather ordinary, black-and-gray sort of badger, which snuffles at him and looks up with large, liquid dark eyes. There's a long pause as the man and the badger stare at one another.

"What in the nine hells do you want?"

The badger snorts and rubs its head up against Jokum's shin, then bats him softly with a paw. The huge man stares at the little animal, then up at the tree.

"You sent me a BADGER?!"

Waving his arms in disgust, the Sarkoran heads back toward the Defender's Heart. "No, no. You must be some ordinary badger. The ancestors, if they're even f&&&ing up there, wouldn't actually respond to a request for aid by sending...sending...a f!+$ing animal! A mindless beast! How did you even get in here?! This is a city!" The badger trundles along beside him, seemingly oblivious to the human's rage against his ancestors or irritation with him. Jokum turns and crouches down before it.

"Listen. What I do, how I live...it's very dangerous. Far too dangerous for a simple beast like you, even if you have been living in Sarkoris-That-Was. I fight demons. And cultists, and, and...bad stuff. And it's probably going to kill you. And then me."

The badger blinks rapidly in response, and then, with a little growl, lunges forward and bites Jokum's nose. Not hard, but hard enough. Stunned, Jokum stares down at it.

"...You're a very stupid animal, aren't you."

The badger snuffles happily and rubs up against Jokum's shins. The huge man throws his hands up in exasperation. "Fine! Come along! Don't say I didn't warn you, tentak. Also, that's your name now. Tentak."

The man and the badger return to the Defender's Heart, slipping in with a nod to the guards and going back to their nest to wait for the day...

Jokum's ready to depart!


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren & Aravashnial:
Voren nods at Aravashnial's question. He sheds off his bulky outer robes and shows the Riftwarden the green fey markings. "Yes. When the demons attacked my home, I fled to the Shudderwood, where I fell into a slumber. I woke up... a century later." He then explains his story. The same that he told his allies. The same he told to Irabeth. When he finishes, he says, "I would like to know more about this time effect. I would also like to know about this Riftwarden mark on my arm. And... I would like to see if I can find anything about my parents, since one of them is possibly associated with the Riftwardens. And from what I know, there were no Riftwardens in Sarkoris. Unless, history suggests otherwise."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

@Dakota
Seeing the little halfling following them, Voren smiles and kneels down on one knee to be closer to her height. "Of course you can, Lady Dakota. We would be happy for your company. It should help make the patients feel better." He then stands at his full height and uses his tail to pat Dakota gently on the head and says, "And you don't have to call me mister... If you don't want to, that is." As the three move to the infirmary, Voren looks to Dakota and asks, "Excuse me, Lady Dakota. But I have a question. Earlier, during the meeting, you were writing. I'm curious as to what you were writing."

@Jokum
As they move, Voren notices Jokum coming back inside... with a new friend. 'Ayne... why is Jokum coming back into the inn with a badger?' Ayne crawls out of his robes and onto his shoulder, looking at the ranger. 'I don't know why the Clawed Tribal has a badger following him around. You can ask him later, boy. Right now, focus on the healing.'

I love the name you gave him, Jokum. I put it through google translate. Quick question: is the name in Kellish? What in-game language is that?

Ready to go! I can change out my spells when the new day comes if needed.


Female Halfling Bard 4 HP 28/33-AC 20/25 T15/20 FF 17-saves F+4 R+8 W+8-Atk: melee +8-ranged +7-Init +3 BarPer 8/13

"Well, Mr. ...I mean Voren, I was taking notes, of course! This is such great stuff, you know, for a play? How else will the future generations learn and dream about and become excited and inspired by these great actions and adventures, if not from the songs and plays of bards all around the world? This is how knowledge is passed from generation to generation, you know, if one is not a scholar, that is. I intend to make this story into the greatest play EVER!"

Dakota is so excited by the thought that her voice gains decibels as she goes and she dances and pirouettes instead of walking.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren nods and smiles at halfling's dancing. "A noble gesture. And a good way to tell our story and give people hope and inspiration. I can't wait to see it finished, written, and performed. I still haven't seen a play before. I'm sure they're quite magnificent." He tilts his head in curiosity. "Am... I in the story?"


Female Halfling Bard 4 HP 28/33-AC 20/25 T15/20 FF 17-saves F+4 R+8 W+8-Atk: melee +8-ranged +7-Init +3 BarPer 8/13

"Of course you will, Voren" says Dakota, in the tone of one who's stating the obvious. "I take my responsibility as a story teller very seriously, I would never leave a major character out! Besides" she whispers in a conspiratorial tone, gesturing for Voren to come closer "I have a very specific role in mind for you: the mysterious, possibly dangerous stranger who turns out to be a gentle, selfless saviour of lives! Very romantic! Do you like it?" Dakota winks at Voren and giggles softly.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Why thanks, Voren. That's supposed to be the Kellid language, which is called Hallit in-game. I've been using Czech as a stand-in (though I think in this case I messed up and pulled an Uzbek word...I've been using Uzbek for the Aklo in CotCT...oops. No biggie.). :)


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren looks surprised when Dakota says that he'll be a major character in her work. When she asks him to come closer, he leans in, curious as to what she has to say. When she brings up what role he might take, Voren continues to look surprised. He then thinks about it. "That might work. I find it interesting. I've never seen myself as that type of person. I just heal people because it's what's right. I also apologize for my shock. It's just that... I've never considered myself as someone who people would find interesting. I assume that... most people don't care much for me." He frowns a bit at the end.

Dark Archive

Android HP 49/52 (nonlethal: 0) / AC 20 (11 touch, 19 flat) / CMB +8 / CMD 19 / F- +6 R- +2 W- +4 / Init- +3 / Percep- +8

I don't know what else to do, honestly. Not much else Iavdi wants to do. Onward, ho?


Voren and Aravashnial:

Voren: "I would like to know more about this time effect."
Aravashnial: "I am sorry Voren, what I've just told you is everything I know about such things. I would have to direct you to a specialist Wizard, should we survive."
Voren: "I would also like to know about this Riftwarden mark on my arm."
Aravashnial: "I see it is a Riftwarden mark", He spreads his hands "But I don't know what it means. Any records I might have been able to show you are in ashes right now. Again, assuming we survive, perhaps one of the other Riftwarden libraries might have something."
Voren: "And... I would like to see if I can find anything about my parents, since one of them is possibly associated with the Riftwardens. And from what I know, there were no Riftwardens in Sarkoris. Unless, history suggests otherwise."
Aravashnial: *sighs* "I hate to sound like a parrot, repeating my previous answers, but I just don't know. I wouldn't even know where to start, as all records that might have existed have been swallowed up by the Worldwound."


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren and Aravashnial:
Voren nods at the Riftwarden. "I apologize, Master Aravashnial for my questions when you obviously didn't know. It's just that this is the first lead I've ever had. So I'm a tad... anxious."


Voren:
You know, in the third module the PC's come up with their own Mythic Quest. Your questions here might be a good one for that.


The rest of the day passes uneventfully. You are able to rest, eat, practice and even buy and sell.
The refugees are excited to hear Arthas' retelling of Radiance's victory over the evil half-demon; morale is clearly raised after days of being cooped up in the ancient Inn.

The next morning, you are awakened by a flurry of activity. When you get breakfast, it seems like half of the refugees are missing. Kimroth Otai, the one armed owner/proprietor, says that squads of guerillas started moving out just before dawn.

The whole place seems lonely and empty while you wait. Then, about 11am, Commander Irabeth and Quednys Orlun come to get you.


Irabeth nodded to you.
"It's time. I will be escorting you along with a squad of Eagle Watch crusaders up to the Gray Garrison, then split off to run distraction attacks."


Quednys also nodded to you.
He held out the Rod of Cancellation.
"Who will bear the Rod?"
It weighs ten pounds.


Anevia hobbled up on her improved crutch.
"I only wish I could go with you. But as you can see..." She gestured towards her leg. "I would only be a burden to you. Good luck!"
She hugged and kissed Irabeth with a great will, then hugged each of you farewell.
Last of all she put Karthak in a headlock and hissed into his ear.

Karthak:
"You WILL bring my wife back alive AND in one piece, or you will need to flee to another plane. Until I find you."

She let him go with a smile and waived goodbye at you all when you leave.


Aravashnial also came to tell you all farewell.
"Oh, and one more thing. I have heard tell of a hidden cache of useful equipment in the Temple of Iomedae. I don't know exactly where though."


Irabeth leads you all through the postapocalyptic wasteland that is Kenabres. Off in the distance you hear the sounds of battle as squads distract the demonic forces away.
On the map of Kenabres (at top), she leads you after several encounters across the last crevasse into the walled city of Old Kenabres, to point P on the map.
Here she diverges from you, taking your escorts with her to make a distracting attack elsewhere.

You eventually come to the ruined area just outside of the Grey Garrison.

GRAY GARRISON EXTERIOR MAP

A large stretch of buckled ground and rubble stretches before the Gray Garrison, an aptly named structure that squats across from the open ground that once stood before the Cathedral of Saint Clydwell. No trace of Terendelev’s body remains.
That cathedral is no more—nothing remains but a towering mound of rubble and a deep, jagged rift in the ground.

Two hideously obese, naked men armed with scythes guard the Gray Garrison’s entrance.

Knowledge (local or nobility) DC15:

You realize that one of the men is a rotund version of Kandro
Nyserian, once one of the richest men in Kenabres, and now known as a traitor and secret supporter of the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth.

Knowledge (local or nobility) DC10:

You realize that the other as a bloated version of Lord Hulrun—once the leader of Kenabres!


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"Our friends and allies spill their blood to grant us this opportunity, let us ensure their sacrifice is not in vain."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Anevia:
"That I'll do, lass. My life for hers if needed be. On Torag's hammer and my honor so I swear" whispers the dwarf back

knowledge local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Karthak points at the two humongous creatures"So, here it begins. Let's bring Justice to this foul den of demons and with it restoration for Kenabres and hope for the crusade! Let this be the first strike against the darkness!". So saying the dwarf draws his crossbow and aims it at the head of the monstruosity on the right, sending the cold iron tipped bolt flying!

Initiative check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Ranged attack roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage roll: 1d10 ⇒ 6


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum spends the morning waiting impatiently, though he does introduce the group to Tentak. ("This thing started following me around yesterday. I can't get rid of it. Just ignore it.") When the party heads out, Jokum moves with an arrow mocked to his bow, golden eyes alert for the first sign of trouble.

At the entrance to the Garrison, Jokum pauses, squinting. At Karthak's words, he shrugs. "Guess we might as well.". Lifting his new longbow, the big man squints, pauses, and then looses a cold iron arrow against the same target as Karthak.

Assuming we're getting a surprise round, and that we're starting on the very edge of the map. If we start from within 110', ignore the -2 penalty for range.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Longbow, second range increment: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 2 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Camris:
So, you're changing the mythic quest for me due to Voren's backstory? That sounds interesting. I like it when a characters backstory has some impact on the narrative. I'll also include some more story hooks into my alias (as well as some other miscellaneous things) when I get the time.

The next morning, Voren makes ready to head out. He prepares his spells and his gear. He meets with the others and Irabeth. He feels a tad uncomfortable with the lack of refugees in the inn. It's very eerie. When Quednys offers the Rod, Voren looks at the others. "I would take it. But I feel like it would slow me down." When Anevia kisses her wife farewell, Voren smiles at the sight. However, when she hugs him, Voren shows that he didn't expect it and he doesn't know what to do. When Aravashnial suggests locating the cache, Voren nods at him and says, "We'll find it. Don't worry."

Moving across the wasteland, Voren becomes nervous, especially when the sounds of fighting become clearer. When Irabeth diverges from the group, Voren says, "Be careful, Commander." Slowly, the team arrives at the Gray Garrison, Voren becomes anxious at the sight of the old cathedral.

Knowledge (local) (untrained, so can't go past DC 10): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Voren seems to know one of them. He points it out. "That one. Isn't that Lord Hulrun? I recognize him from the description some of the passersby gave."

Seeing the others begin to attack, Voren reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a teal colored potion and drinks it. He feels the spell flowing through him. His body seems to be coated with force energy.

If this is a surprise round, then I'll drink one of my potions of mage armor. For the next hour, Voren's AC is 19. When I get confirmation that I can do this, I'll subtract it from my sheet. Guys, I do have potions and I can give them out as needed.

EDIT: Intiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Dark Archive

Android HP 49/52 (nonlethal: 0) / AC 20 (11 touch, 19 flat) / CMB +8 / CMD 19 / F- +6 R- +2 W- +4 / Init- +3 / Percep- +8

Iavdi spends the rest of the day and the next morning in training and prayer, preparing for the battle ahead.

"I will have faith in the Inheritor. I will channel her strength through my body. I will shine in her legion, and I will not tarnish her glory through base actions."

After preparing spells for the day, she will take the time to offer a prayer to the Inheritor, asking for protection for all of the crusaders, including herself, on this day, preferably where everyone can witness.

When Irabeth shows up, she simply nods.
"I am ready. Quednys, I will carry the responsibility of having the rod. Let us go."

"We must strive to find this temple of the Lady of Valor, and rid it of any taint. The supplies located there should be invaluable as well."

"Oh, friends. As a side effect of my unusual heritage, I can only be healed by the negative energy that heals the undead. So, please, do not use any positive healing magic on me, it will burn me. I have healing spells for me, but in case I go down, this potion in mu pack will help."

Seeing the rest of the party unmounted, Iavdi decides to leave her warhorse at the inn, and proceed on foot, her shield on her arm, and her sword in her hand.

Knowledge local: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Using Tactics to roll twice.
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

In the surprise round, if the figures do move, she will a move 40 feet closer (a double move), unless they are within charge range, also 40 feet, at which point she will charge them.

Charge attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Female Aasimar

On the following morning, Lisandra spends her time preparing and packing her gear for the upcoming challenges. She ensures that her scrolls and medic gear is in convenient and easy to reach place, and neatly packs the rest.

Touring the devastation, Lisandra appears sullen for the first time ever. My home is in ruins, these are dark days. Her worst fears are confirmed by Voren, as he identifies one of the monstrosities as Hulrun "My god, what an awful fate. Who was the other one?"

Glancing over at Iavdi with a quizzical look, Lisandra inquires somewhat confoundedly "Come again? Positive energy harms you? I'm glad you told me that Iavdi; luckily, I've learned to control the delivering of my healing to those of my choice."

In other words, she has selective channeling for up to five targets, so no need to worry about burst healing from me Iavdi.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Raising her arms aloft, Lisandra begins to chant in celestial "Sarenrae, accorder votre grâce."

Hopefully my french makes sense... casting bless.


Female Halfling Bard 4 HP 28/33-AC 20/25 T15/20 FF 17-saves F+4 R+8 W+8-Atk: melee +8-ranged +7-Init +3 BarPer 8/13

Dakota spends the rest of the day chatting amiably with the wounded attended by Voren and Lisandra, playing with the children and generally trying to cheer people up and inspire hope and confidence in the heroes.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

The next day, she follows the heroes to the Cathedral - or what's left of it. A feeble sigh escapes from her lips - the pile of rubble brings memories of shock and fear to her mind. Quickly putting those feelings aside, she braces for what's to come, determined to support the heroes effort as best as she can.

Knowledge Local (Bardic Knowledge): 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5 nope, no idea who these men are.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Dakota's crystal voice resonates firm and bold in her companions ears:
"A fighting chance, said the heroic dwarf: THIS is our fighting chance, oh noble heroes! Seize it with all your might, and the Gods will smile once more upon this wounded city. Let them guide your hands, and let your strike be swift and resolute. Onward!!!"

Starting Inspire Courage, +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. The bonus to attack stacks with Bless since it's a competence bonus, not morale. So, between Lisandra and Dakota, you guys now have +2 to attack and +1 to damage.

She then moves with the others, careful to stay close to the melee fighters.

Dark Archive

Android HP 49/52 (nonlethal: 0) / AC 20 (11 touch, 19 flat) / CMB +8 / CMD 19 / F- +6 R- +2 W- +4 / Init- +3 / Percep- +8

Actually, Lisandra, it only hurts Iavdi if you channel to harm undead. Channeling to heal the living doesn't do anything to undead, or their kin. Cure spells will harm me, however.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Just noticed Karthak threatened critical due to a natural 19 on the crossbow, if allowed I'd like to roll to confirm, and I suppose due to initiative Karthak should add +2 to hit and +1 to dmg right?


Karthak: These guys are not vulnerable to Critical Hits.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Kn Nobility: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"These traitors are known to us as secret supporter of the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth. That one is Kandro Nyserian, once one of the richest men in Kenabres."

Kn Nobility: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"And that one!" the paladin seeths with righteous anger. "That bloated mess is none other than Lord Hulrun—once the leader of Kenabres. Entrusted duty to protect the city and all the faithful within it. May his soul be placed directly in Ragathiel's hands."

"Look closely my friends. That is the reward granted to them in exchange for their morals, honor---their very souls. Observe the Judgement we are about they are about to recieve!"

Arthas charges with Lavdi. Radiance unsheathed and glowing even in the light of midday. As he moves to strike down the former head of state he yells.

"Former Lord Hulrun! I am Arthas Sword of Ragathiel! I rebuke you for willfully cavorting with the Ruinous Powers! You knowingly delivered the innocent---even the unborn---under your protection sworn by sacred honor unto the maw of evil. I pronounce you dead and shall exact vengeance for both the fallen and those still suffering!"

He brings Radiance around in a two handed swing.

To hit, charge, power attack, bard: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 22
damage: 1d10 + 5 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 6 + 1 = 13


They don’t spot you in time, so you get a surprise round.

Surprise_____

Karthak Ironbreaker_____
The dwarf draws his crossbow and aims it at the head of the monstruosity on the right, sending the cold iron tipped bolt flying!
He gets a solid hit doing moderate damage.

Jokum of the Breakbones_____
Lifting his new longbow, the big man squints, pauses, and then looses a cold iron arrow against the same target as Karthak.
But he missed.

Voren the Outsider_____
Seeing the others begin to attack, Voren reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a teal colored potion and drinks it. He feels the spell flowing through him. His body seems to be coated with force energy.
He drinks a potions of mage armor.

lavdi_____
In the surprise round, she will a move 40 feet closer (a double move),

Lisandra Elsinore_____
Raising her arms aloft, Lisandra begins to chant in celestial "Sarenrae, accorder votre grâce."
Hopefully my french makes sense... casting bless.

Dakota Bloomingdale_____
Starting Inspire Courage, +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. The bonus to attack stacks with Bless since it's a competence bonus, not morale. So, between Lisandra and Dakota, you guys now have +2 to attack and +1 to damage.
She then moves with the others, careful to stay close to the melee fighters.

Arthas Sword of Ragathiel_____
Arthas charged forward, but cannot reach the creatures in time.

DM:

Red 1: 48
Red 2: 42


Round 1_____

Players may act in order of posting. Enemies will go last.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW.

Squares are ten feet.

Dark Archive

Android HP 49/52 (nonlethal: 0) / AC 20 (11 touch, 19 flat) / CMB +8 / CMD 19 / F- +6 R- +2 W- +4 / Init- +3 / Percep- +8

Did we get the benefits of Lisandra and Dakota?
Cause if I charged away from them, I'll delay until after.

Iavdi knows about buffs.


I assumed you all got the benefits of the Buff spells before you started running towards them.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak shouts:"Let them come, do not engage yet! We've got the advantage of range, no sense in wasting it too early! Let's soften this demonic scum a bit!"

Karthak spends his round reloading his crossbow, also, if the buffs were active when he fired he cause 1 more point of damage


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Shouldnt Iavdi only be speaking Abyssal/be affected by her curse by now? Or not yet?

Dark Archive

Android HP 49/52 (nonlethal: 0) / AC 20 (11 touch, 19 flat) / CMB +8 / CMD 19 / F- +6 R- +2 W- +4 / Init- +3 / Percep- +8

Well, crap. Thanks for reminding me! Deleted that post. Give me a bit.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

DM Camris, Arthas keeps charging until he reaches his foe.


Female Halfling Bard 4 HP 28/33-AC 20/25 T15/20 FF 17-saves F+4 R+8 W+8-Atk: melee +8-ranged +7-Init +3 BarPer 8/13

Dakota follows Iavdi and Arthas.
Iavdi, Dakota speaks Abyssal too :-)


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum strides forward, getting himself to within easy bowshot range. "We can advance a little," he calls to Karthak as he sights down the arrow and looses another cold iron arrow at the creature Karthak struck.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

As his second arrow, too, goes wide, Jokum curses. "This is why I carry a sword. A deer I can easily hit from a hundred paces, but that blob? Never. I don't know what it is...be careful, Iavdi, Arthas! Don't expose yourselves too much!"

Advance thirty feet, fire, grumble. I really do have terrible luck with these ranged attack rolls. :P

Dark Archive

Android HP 49/52 (nonlethal: 0) / AC 20 (11 touch, 19 flat) / CMB +8 / CMD 19 / F- +6 R- +2 W- +4 / Init- +3 / Percep- +8

"मी प्रतीक्षा वेळ , सहकाऱ्यांनो गेल्या आहे!"

Abyssal:
I believe the time for waiting has passed, comrades!"

Iavdi will move 10 feet East in order to be next to Arthas, and then use Martial Flexibility to get power attack.

"मीओमीएकडएकई, मला माझ्या शत्रूंचा गाडणे शक्ती दे !"

Abyssal:
"Iomadae, give me the strength to vanquish my foes!"

Kinda did a letter-for-letter translation for "Iomadae". Figured it'd work fine.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"Wait!"

"The ranger is right!"

"Stop the advance, make them come to us. We can set up for their assault. Keep firing and soften them up! Lavadi, if we hold this corner in front of you they cant get a straight run at us for charge."

"Thank you Jokum, We shall fight smarter, not harder."

"Archers take partial cover next to those alcoves strike them with arrows like holy fire raining down from heaven above."


Female Aasimar

Glancing at Arthas somewhat nervously, Lisandra nods and adds "Ils viennent à nous, bien sûr."

Celestial:
"Let them come to us, of course"

Moving lightly on her feet to behind Arthas and Iavdi (L14), Lisandra grabs her crossbow, takes aim and fires at the bloated monstrosity farthest to the west.

Light Crossbow, range penalty: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 3

Somewhat flustered at the thought of battle, Lisandra improperly loads her crossbow and causes it to jam. "Pour l'amour du ciel!"

Alright! Fumble right out of the gate! I supppose Lisandra is a lover, not a fighter :P


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"I hope someone knows what they are saying, because I certainly don't!"

Dark Archive

Android HP 49/52 (nonlethal: 0) / AC 20 (11 touch, 19 flat) / CMB +8 / CMD 19 / F- +6 R- +2 W- +4 / Init- +3 / Percep- +8

Lisandra, you can only speak and understand Celestial in battle. So, you cannot understand common.


Female Aasimar

Good point, forgot about that. Just omit the first part then, I'll keep that in mind next time.

Dark Archive

Android HP 49/52 (nonlethal: 0) / AC 20 (11 touch, 19 flat) / CMB +8 / CMD 19 / F- +6 R- +2 W- +4 / Init- +3 / Percep- +8

Yeah, I forgot about the entire curse for a while. Quite unfortunate that our two tongues oracles are different languages!


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren runs up to Iavdi. He looks at the two bloated beings. "Wait... If these men have become associated with the demons, then maybe they have some kind of connection to them! Some kind of power! I'll take a look."

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Looking at Arthas, Voren says, "Don't worry! I understand the both of them!" Laying a hand on Iavdi, he invokes a chant. "Avdi, हा अधिकार तुम्हाला मार्गदर्शन करू!"

Abyssal:
"Iavdi, let this power guide you!"

Actions:
Move Action: Move 30 feet so that I'm behind Iavdi.
Standard Action: Cast Guidance on Iavdi.
Free Action: Use Knowledge checks on the bloated characters to help identify any forms of demonic abilities or the like.

Hey, Voren can't do much at this range. But he can help point out where to hit them.

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,775 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM Striker] Wrath of the Righteous 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.