DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 1: The Worldwound Gambit (table 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

Current Tactical Map: TACTICAL OVERVIEW
Map of Kenabres: Link
Flex Time Thread: LINK

Loot Tracking: Link


1,401 to 1,450 of 2,775 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Male Demon-Spawn Tiefling Ninja (Scout) 1

The young tiefling stands his ground and does not flinch away at the threatening postures of those gathered.

"I am Raziel, so named by Shafilka of Qadira, the late priest of Sarenrae who was himself a crusader. I am a true son of the crusade and would see all evil purged from the world."

"Now put up your weapons. I mean no harm. Tell me what has happened and how I may help."


Irabeth:

Voren wrote:
Shouldn't Irabeth have her sword trained on Voren too, since his hood is now off and you can see what he looks like? Or is she trusting Arthas's word?

Arthas spoke out in favor of him, and Voren produced a silver scale of Terendelev; she confirmed his Detect Evil, so she is inclined to give Voren the benefit of the doubt. Not that that will save him from a close questioning.

Voren wrote:
Voren looks in interest as Arthas picks up the sword.

Easy now, Arthas has not touched Radiance yet.

Voren wrote:
I humbly apologize for coming in unannounced. But I needed a safe haven. I also want to help out against the demons. I may be of some use due to my meager skills as a healer. I also have some past experience with the demon hordes that you may find... uniquely useful. But, a long story such as mine should be told over a cup of team." He then gets sheepish. "I-If it's not t-too much t-trouble, that is."

”You bear one of the scales; at the very least that would get you a hearing. And our host has something in the way of tea as well.”


Silya wrote:
Silya will be one of the librarians that was saved by the party. Perhaps she could even be the one who attempted to kill the knight.

Sounds good. Make it so!

Raziel, did you reveal yourself inside, in Irabeth's Office, or outside on the portico?


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas is about to pick up the sword when Raziel is confronted. He looks upon the second tieflings aura and sees the familiar sign of yet another scale.

"The Lord Ragathiel is a half-fiend, the The Great Devil Dispater's own son. Yet despite his sire being an infernal Arch Devil of the Hells and his mother a fire goddess, he leads The Army of Heaven to battle against devils, demons, the powers of Chaos and the Great Void."

"These men have but a bit of demonic or infernal blood in their veins, but it is not a man's appearance, but rather what he holds in his heart and mind that matters. These men bear no ill intent to any here. Do not be blinded by appearances alone. Look upon the monster in the parlor. He appeared as any amonst the crusade thought righteous a week ago. His skin bears no outward mark of taint, yet his wicked and rotten core is concealed within."

"Lord Ragathiel worked twice as hard as any celestial to prove himself and his worth to The Heavens. Due to the prejudice they face, tieflings often adhere to a code of ethics and behavior well above those of the common man or even members of The Crusade."

"Let us not forget what the story of Paladin Yaniel has to teach us. Whose very sword bears witness to this moment. Her holy sword and relic of her contribution and reminder of her treatment at the hands of her fellow crusaders---"

With that Arthas picks up the sword and holds it aloft.

"---Radiance."


Male Demon-Spawn Tiefling Ninja (Scout) 1

Inside :)


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum shakes his head when Silya offers to join them. "We are not the ones to join, Librarian. I do not know what exactly we 'are,' for that matter. Let Commander Tirabade find a use for you. I am no paladin. Just a man. And besides," he adds with a crooked smile, "you owe us nothing. We did nothing any decent person would not do." He seems a bit...stiff...with her. This woman has suffered much, but still she shows herself impulsive...and perhaps vengeful. My own insanity is enough to fear.

When Voren inquires about Jokum's heritage, the big man stiffens, but then sighs and shakes his head. "No, tiefling, I am not of your kind. Though I understand your confusion. I am just a man. I..." he hesitates, realizing that he hasn't disclosed his full history even to his companions. "I have had a checkered past. Though Commander Tirabade assures me that it is of no threat to anyone here..." The tall man's golden eyes dart a hard look at the half-orc. "And I would speak about that with you again, in private, after today's events."

To Voren's question about Radiance, Jokum merely nods.

He'll have more to say in response to Arthas's speech, but I'm waiting on that for an anticipated response on the part of the sword to Arthas's handling. :)


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak scoffs:"So... excuse me if I seem doubtfull but all of us were gifted with one of Terendelev's scales? Really? Seems odd... or preordined!" exclaims the dwarf.

After a split second of indecision the inquisitor carries on:"Mrmph... anyway... I trus you called us here for a reason, my lady. If you feel like continuing this discussion with all these newcomers I suggest we get to the point quickly: it was a tiresome day and we have the location of several enemy lairs in need of dismantling..."


Irabeth:

Irabeth looks irritated, but sheathes her sword at Arthas' word that Raziel was clean. She waived off her guards that had opened the door at her shout.
"All right young man. But you and I are going to have a detailed conversation on how you managed to enter the heart of our fortress." She growled at Raziel.

She straightened up.
"Now. I cannot help but notice that those of you hear bear scales..."


As Arthas picks up the sword and turns to the party, Radiance suddenly blazed forth with a golden light that seemed to burn itself into your retina. Afterward, those present swore they could hear a high sweet chorus from on high (Gloria in excelcis!).

The moment quickly passes though, and the light died down to a mere torchlight glow.
As the afterimage fades from your eyes, you see that longsword Radiance has somehow transformed itself, enlarging into the form of a Bastard Sword.

The guards at the door recover from their astonishment and kneel as one. Even there they whisper excitedly among themselves, and the word is passed at the speed of sound.

"Radiance lives!"


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

At a whisper, "By His wings . . . it looks like Ragathiel's own blade . . . "

Arthas licks his lips and reverently holds the blade across his hands as though he is reading something etched on the glowing blade.

"We may be few, and our enemies many. Yet so long as there remains one of us still fighting, one who still rages in the name of justice and truth, then by the Heaven, the world shall yet know hope."


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point
Jokum of the Breakbones wrote:
When Voren inquires about Jokum's heritage, the big man stiffens, but then sighs and shakes his head. "No, tiefling, I am not of your kind. Though I understand your confusion. I am just a man. I..." he hesitates, realizing that he hasn't disclosed his full history even to his companions. "I have had a checkered past. Though Commander Tirabade assures me that it is of no threat to anyone here..." The tall man's golden eyes dart a hard look at the half-orc. "And I would speak about that with you again, in private, after today's events."

Voren nods. "I'm sorry. I thought that... y-you know... since you have..." He leaves the statement open, merely just holding up his own clawed hand. He looks down. "I also have a... checkered and difficult past as well. Though, mine could be a tad harder to take in."

FemNPC4 wrote:

Irabeth:

Voren wrote:
I humbly apologize for coming in unannounced. But I needed a safe haven. I also want to help out against the demons. I may be of some use due to my meager skills as a healer. I also have some past experience with the demon hordes that you may find... uniquely useful. But, a long story such as mine should be told over a cup of team." He then gets sheepish. "I-If it's not t-too much t-trouble, that is."
”You bear one of the scales; at the very least that would get you a hearing. And our host has something in the way of tea as well.”

Voren nods quickly. "Thank you, ma'am. I promise that I hold no lies. I'm... really not that good at telling them." He just awkwardly stands there, shuffling his hooved feet.

@Arthas

Voren shrieks out as the light flashes. When he regains his sight, he sees the new blade in the paladin's hand. Hearing the guards' reaction to this, he can't help but be curious. He takes a few tentative steps towards the paladin to get a closer look at the blade.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak grunts as the sword sets itself ablaze in a sheat of light:"Nice to see something's going right at least. The sword seems to like you, lad. Try to be worthy of the honor that implies!"


Female Human (Rahadoumi) Wizard (Universalist) 3; HP 26/26; AC 13; CMD 12; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4; Init. +6; Perception +0
Jokum of the Breakbones wrote:
Jokum shakes his head when Silya offers to join them. "We are not the ones to join, Librarian. I do not know what exactly we 'are,' for that matter. Let Commander Tirabade find a use for you. I am no paladin. Just a man. And besides," he adds with a crooked smile, "you owe us nothing. We did nothing any decent person would not do." He seems a bit...stiff...with her. This woman has suffered much, but still she shows herself impulsive...and perhaps vengeful. My own insanity is enough to fear.

"I have seen many who I thought to be decent that would not have done the same," Silya says wistfully. "You may wish to plead humility, but the fact is that my life was saved. It shall not be forgotten. If the best way to repay this debt is to serve Commander Tirablade, then it is done." Silya nods curtly to Irabeth.

Arthas wrote:
At a whisper, "By His wings . . . it looks like Ragathiel's own blade . . . "

The corners of Silya's mouth briefly flicker into a frown at the name Ragathiel, but she says nothing.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum relaxes slightly when Silya defers to his suggestion, but when Radiance flares with light, he jumps. As his eyes return to normal, he blinks rapidly to restore his eyesight. As the word of the blade's action spreads, Jokum frowns. Stepping close to Arthas, he murmurs, "I am pleased that you have found a blade to your liking; it is an honorable thing. But be careful not to imitate the paladins of old in all things. Your angel may be great, but men are weak."

Turning to the rest of the group, the big man responds to Irabeth and Karthak's comments. "It is indeed strange that each of us bears a scale of Terendelev. I know not what it means--aside from the fact that the noble dragon had a great many scales." His mouth crooks slightly with dark humor. "But I would attach no more importance to it. We are no heroes here--just a number of people seeking refuge."


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"She sought to expose negligence and sloth and was banished for it. In return she needed to learn the burden of the mantle of leadership. . . What pitfalls do you speak of Jokum? Does my patron cause you distress Miss Massi? I see mention of his name brings a frown to your face."

"The possession of the scales cannot be happenstance. There are too many signs here. The great powers, on both sides, watch with keen interest. The great dragon made her sacrifice while saving others. We were destined to each be gifted with one. The city is in a time of need, we have been called to defend it."

"Commander I would carry this sword, unless you know of a more worthy bearer."


Trembling, Irabeth rose from where she had knelt at the blaze of Radiance.
"It's... incredible. Radiance lives!"
She shook her head.
"For decades, Paladins have ceremonially laid their hands on Radiance as it laid in its space of honor at the museum, hoping upon hope that they could rekindle the blade and so rekindle the hopes of the free peoples everywhere afflicted by the horror of the Worldwound.
"But it is in your hands, Sir Arthas, that the sword shines again!"

Jokum wrote:
"But I would attach no more importance to it. We are no heroes here--just a number of people seeking refuge."
Arthas wrote:
"The possession of the scales cannot be happenstance."

She nodded at Arthas' words.

"No Sir Jokum, Sir Arthas is the right of it. This is no coincidence. Radiance lives again! You all meet here bearing a scale of the great dragon Terendelev! No, there is no coincidence at work here.
"Yes Sir Arthas, I think that you and Radiance are meant for each other, as I think that you all who bear the scales of Terendelv are meant to do great things together."

She called for her Adjutant, who made his way through the crowd of crusaders outside Irabeth's office.
"To that end I offer you a bunk here in the Defender's Heart, a hot meal here at the mess hall, and you can resupply here at the merchant's set up in the ballroom.
"Tomorrow noon return here and I think I will have a mission for you to accomplish."

She paused for comments, a peculiar half smile on her face.
"If you are willing to accept the mission, I will immediately disburse 2,000 crowns to your company as a reward, with a further 2,000 crowns on successful completion.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak looks frustrated as Irabeth seems lost to the awakening of the sword:"Money is all very well, and the sword shining again, of course, but I have to repeat myself: WE KNOW WHERE THE SERVANTS OF BAPHOMET LAIR AND WE NEED TO ERADICATE THEM BEFORE THEY CAN SPREAD THEIR POISON FURTHER!" he pratically screams, then in a somber and more collected tone he adds:"Then an official mission is a good thing indeed... May I dare hope you have a plan to get us all out of this unholy mess we were plunged into?"


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

@Arthas

Voren takes a good close look at Radiance. "A-Amazing! A blade the changes its shape depending on the wielder."

@Silya

Voren looks back at the group to see Silya frowning. He asks, "Miss Massi? Is there... something wrong?"

@Irabeth

Hearing Irabeth's offer, Voren smiles, his pointed teeth showing. "Thank you, Lady Irabeth. It is very nice of you to offer us all of this." The smile turns into a frown, however. "So, this... mission you have for us... what is it exactly? Also, when would you like to meet with me and Raziel for our... hearings?" He diverts his eyes to the ground, obviously intimidated by the paladin (despite his 6 foot height) and by the possibilities of the mission.

@Karthak

Voren jumps, startled at the dwarf's shout. The healer tries to be diplomatic. "Karthak... p-please, remain calm. We need to be calm in this situation. If we p-panic and rush into battle, it would only do more harm than good." Despite the significant height difference, Voren still seems nervous of the highly trained inquisitor.


Karthak wrote:
"WE KNOW WHERE THE SERVANTS OF BAPHOMET LAIR AND WE NEED TO ERADICATE THEM BEFORE THEY CAN SPREAD THEIR POISON FURTHER!"

Irabeth turns a friendly smile at Karthak as she rested a hand on his shoulder.

"Be at peace Master Karthak. You need to rest and resupply, and I need time to send out scouts. Rest assured, I have plans for those safe houses you discovered; and you figure prominently in them."
Voren wrote:
"So, this... mission you have for us... what is it exactly?"

"I have an idea, but as I said, I need to send out scouts first."

Voren wrote:
Also, when would you like to meet with me and Raziel for our... hearings?

"Oh that? I am satisfied of your good intentions. While we have been talking I have had several Detects run for Evil and run an Augury as to your trustworthiness."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak rises an eyebrow at Voren's attempt to bring calm to the table:"Panic? I'm perfectly calm my dear... tiefling. The point is we have a very real chance to deal our enemy a crippling blow and it should not be overlooked. Emotions have nothing to do with it, it's just sound strategical planning"


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Sorry, Arthas, from the way you moved on I thought the question was rhetorical! :P

Jokum waves his hand sadly. "Nothing, paladin. I merely remember the depredations of the Third Crusade. But Yaniel was no part of that, and neither were you...you were many years from being born, then."

Turning to Karthak, he says quietly, "If you insist on striking out at the demons' posts, I will not abandon you. Death in battle is the best I can hope for, now."


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren shrinks back at Karthak's tone. However, he decides to stand firm on his stance. "And I commend you in wanting to strike at them. But, we must think about this. The demons have invaded the town. If we attack the cultists, then the demons will be close by. And, without any protections, more demons will just come into the city. I'm not saying that we sit and do nothing. I'm saying we need to be smart, careful, and prepared." He shakes his head. "I've seen this type of thing before... It was... horrifying."

Hearing Jokum's words, the healer turns to him. "No need for that kind of talk, Jokum. We must remain strong to fight back the hordes. And, if you fall, rest assured, I'll be there to help you to your feet." He finishes with a small smile.


Commander Irabeth unlocks a pay chest and counts out two thousand crowns in even stacks on her desk in front of you.
"Share it out as you see fit. Get a hot meal. Get resupplied. Get some rest. I'll send my adjutant for you tomorrow noon.
"Dismissed!"


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum's eyebrow quirks bemusedly at the young tiefling's words. "Well...thank you for that, I suppose," he says gruffly. "In the meantime, it would be best for all of us to rest. And I would have private conference with Commander Tirabade."

DM:
Not sure if you want to keep using the old flex-time thread we set up or not. Essentially, Jokum wants to talk to Irabeth about what happened at the library (his transformation) and keep demanding explanation as to what he is and why this is happening to him.


Jokum:
OK, let's use that thread then.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren looks to Irabeth. "And, after you're done talking to Jokum, I wish to speak with you in private as well." He then leaves to get a meal and some tea. His movements are still skittish, being nervous being in a room full of the same crusaders he's tried to avoid for years. After receiving his meal and tea, he looks for a place to eat. He decides to eat with his new allies. He tentatively approaches them. "H-Hello. M-May I eat with you?"


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"Yes, we should rest, but first I will expend my healing gifts for the day. I will see you all come morning."


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

After his meal...

After Voren finishes his meal, he looks around. He decides to walk around and see if he can administer his healing gifts to the crusaders alongside Arthas to pass the time until Irabeth calls him in for their talk.

Camris, do any of the crusaders need Heal checks or any healing spells? Also, I noticed that Paladins don't get the augury spell, so I'm assuming that Irabeth had a cleric cast the spell.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak grunts his assent at Voren's request, but keeps quiet as they eat their meal. Once finished the dwarf bows curtly and moves to his quarters, the events of the day starting to take their toll.


Arthas and Voren: There is a whole wing of sixty or so wounded survivors, crusaders, soldiers and civilians in need of whatever healing anyone can provide.
Voren: You don't know how the Augury spell was cast; Irabeth doesn't mention her source.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

I was stating my thoughts on the augury out of character.

Do we need to roll heal checks and healing spell rolls for each individual wounded survivor?


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"Voren. Walk with me. As long as you remain by my side here you need know no fear. There are nearly 60 men in need of healing just down this hall. Let us go to them and ease their pain."

Arthas begins walking. His right hand seems to rest naturally on the pommel of Radience, as though it has always ridden at his hip.

"Ragathiel, has shone his down light, showering his grace upon me, but I wish I was worthy enough tochannel his gifts to all the men present. We have so few clerics left. I must choose which four will recieve my gift, as humble as my power is."

"You are a healer, how do you choose whom will benefit from your healing? Especially when it may mean life for some, but death to others? It is a gift and a curse at once, is it not?"


Voren wrote:
Do we need to roll heal checks and healing spell rolls for each individual wounded survivor?

No, you only need to say how much of your healing you want to share out.

Of the wounded present, 80% have hp damage (30% of them are in the negatives but stable), 10% have stat damage, 5% have poison damage and 5% have disease.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

So there's 48 injured with hp damage (18 of them are in the negatives and stable), 6 have stat damage, 3 are poisoned and 3 have disease.

While Voren moves to the injured wing, Arthas walks next to him. When the paladin shares his thoughts, Voren replies with, "I consider my talents as a gift. While I'm not as talented as a cleric healer, my mysterious patron gave me my gifts. So I strive to use my skills to the best of my abilities. If I can prevent it, I'd rather not have anyone die."

When he gets to each patient, he places his clawed hands on them. His eyes glow white and energy radiates from him. As the energy moves to the patient, they feel relief and their bleeding slows. As he does this to each patient, he gives Arthas a small smile. "It helps that I can heal people at least one at a time without delving into my spells."

So, here's my plan. For the 48 people who have hp damage, I'll use my Healing Hex to heal 1d8+3+1 points of damage. Then I will use my two uses of Cure Moderate Wounds on two patients who have the most damage. This will heal 2d8+3+1 points of damage. Next, I'll use the Treat Poison action to heal the three people who are poisoned. Then, I'll use the Treat Disease action to help the three people who are diseased, which would take 30 minutes. Let me know if you need any rolls done. I also have a few questions in the discussion thread.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"My covenent with Ragathiel shields me from disease. I will tend to those so afflicted. Thank you Voren for doing this."

"Behold ladies and gentlemen. I hold the blade Radience. It's holy fire has been rekindled and its form has become that of Ragathiel's own sword. By my side is the healer Voren delivered unto us by his wings. He carries the blood of fiend in his veins, but his heart is that of an angel of mercy. This man has my trust. I ask that you show him the same respect you show me. I have pledged that he shall know no scorn or fear among you. Let him do his work and you will be healed."

Arthas can remove the sickened condition from one patient with his last lay on hands. For the others he will use his heal skill and will wash and redress those with infectious diseases.

Healing: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Posted in Flex Time! Sorry for the delay, Camris, it was a crazy weekend. Jokum will spend the rest of the night secluded by himself, brooding. Unless something crazy happens over there. What's everyone else up to on this fine evening? :P


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren nods to Arthas and does his work.

Heal to treat poison: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

So, changing my plan. I'll still do my Healing Hex and spell work. Then, I'll treat for poison, which I will roll. I'll let Arthas work on the diseased patients. Then, unleash the Healy Myrrh.

Before he leaves, Voren digs through his pack and takes out an odd bag. He then opens it and pulls out a resin. He sets it up and lightly burns it. The smoke fills the area and the patients start to feel their healing progress go faster.

So, I'm burning my Healy Myrrh. The faint smoke fills 8,000 cubic feet and will last 8 full hours. Any creatures resting or receiving long-term care in the area while the healy myrrh is active regain 1 additional hit point per level. Camris, does the effect go through the entire wing?

Jokum, Voren is planing on healing the wounded, treating for poison, and then, he's going to burn his healy myrrh to help the wounded heal faster. Then, he's going to wait to talk to Irabeth in private. Then, get his 8 hours of sleep to choose his spells.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Sorry for not posting much, there's little I can do at this point. I'm waiting for the story to unfold

Once finished with the meal Karthak reaches his room and collapses on the bed, the events of the day having taken their toll on him.


The patients in the healers ward are disturbed by Voren's appearance, but Arthas and Radiance do a great deal to blunt their reactions.
Beyond that, the healers and patients are astonished at Voren's ability to help ALL of the injured there. Fifteen of them are healed entirely and kneel to honor Voren in the manner of Crusaders.
(Of course, in the manner of rumors, when word spread of the massive healing it was credited to Radiance.)
The diseased victims seem to be better; but the only sour note is that the poison victims remained the same.
"We had little hope they would last even this day," Said one of the healers present. "At the very least you have staved off death for another day or two. You have given hope to all that if one miracle can occur, can another be far away?"


The next day, Irabeth greets you as you are ushered into her office once more.
"Welcome to you all. I am glad you decided to accept the mission we have for you today."
She unrolled a map of the city of Kenabres, liberally marked over by known changes in the city since the assault. Sections of the walls breached, crevasses formed by the earthquakes resulting from the destruction of the wardstone, buildings burned to the ground, and more.
"I sent out scouts to the locations of enemy safehouses mentioned in the note you found with Radiance, and they have just reported back.
"Nyserian Manor is destroyed; it's just a pile of rubble now, like a giant demon stomped it flat."
She pointed to a place in the southern section of the New Kenabres district.
"Topaz Solutions has been gutted and is now occupied by looters." She pointed to a spot in the central section of the Gate district.
"The scouts I sent to the Tower of Estrod, here," She pointed to a spot in the north of the New Kenabres district. "Have not reported back. I fear the worst for them."
She straightened up to her full height and fixed you all with a commanding glare.
"Your mission is to destroy the cultists present there and recover any papers or other intelligence you can find.
"Further, I want Radiance to be seen doing so, and word of the victory so gained to spread for morale; the Empyrial Lords know that we need one now. A prisoner able to talk might be nice also, but there is no need to endanger yourselves in the process."

She looked around at you all.
"Do you have any questions before you depart?"


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"As you bid Commander. I pray we will find your scouts and return them to you, failing that I pray we are able to visit retribution upon those who waylaid them. Could you tell me though, what was the significance of these buildings before the fall?"


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Before...

As the Crusaders kneel to the tiefling, his face flushes in embarrassment. When the healer spoke to him, Voren replies with, "I consider it my duty to help keep others alive. If more work is needed, then I will commit to it. While I cannot say anything about miracles, it is good that they hold onto that hope and optimism. In times like this, it can be a good way to boost morale and continue on."

Next Day...

After getting his eight hours of sleep, Voren awakens to a slight pinching on his nose. He groggily opens his eyes to the sight of Ayne. 'Good morning, boy. You've slept for eight hours. Now, get up. It's time to select your spells for the day and to participate in this mission that the Lady Paladin has for you.' He sits up as Ayne crawls to the top of his head. What happens is an... odd sight to say the least for anyone who watches. Voren gets into a meditative state. His eyes begin to glow, an faint wind blowing around him, moving his braided hair and the accessories to his robes. Ayne begins to glow as well. For the next hour, he stays in that state, his eyes becoming slightly brighter before returning to their normal glow. Every once in a while, his eyes and familiar shine at their brightest before returning to the normal glow. After the hour, he returns to normal. He stands up and stretches his arms overhead.

I'll keep the spells that I chose the previous day. So my current chosen spells are on my alias. The only exception is that I'm swapping out Ill Omen for Enlarge Person.

He then moves to Irabeth's office. Looking around, he says, "H-Hello, everyone. A good morning to you all." He listens as Irabeth explains the job that needs to be done. Voren mulls it over before asking, "So, what can expect besides cultists? Any demons?"


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum looks like he hasn't slept particularly well, but, nonetheless, he pays careful attention to the Commander's briefing. It seems that the paladin is to be our new captain...or somesuch...now. The big man rolls his shoulders gently, eyeing the paladin carefully. Well, I wish him luck.

To the others, he says simply, "I have no questions. Ready to depart when you are."


Voren wrote:
"So, what can expect besides cultists? Any demons?"

Irabeth shook her head.

"I have no information on what might be there. Cultists for certain; anything else would be sheer speculation."


QUEST FOR THE TOWER

Irabeth waited at the back exit, available to answer last minute questions before you left.

Furtively moving through the city, the shadows have not changed since you came into the Defenders Heart. The blood red clouds of the Worldwound and the smoke from fires still burning are a constant reminder of the new status of Kenabres as a conquered ruin.

The route to the Tower is fraught with peril, as an encounter with a half dozen Tiefling looters and a pair of dretches leave your party with 6 hp damage each when you arrive at the deserted intersection.

Tactical situation.

This sixty-foot-diameter gray stone tower is missing the bulk of its upper floors—some terrific force smashed its upper sections away, creating huge mound of rubble north of the building and leaving the tower now a mere stump with a jagged top.

Perception DC15:
You see a couple of figures hidden under rubble near the front doors of the Tower. Probably guards.

Perception DC20:
You see a couple more figures lurking in the windows of the warehouse across the street from the front doors. Guards? Looters perhaps?


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Conversation with Irabeth:
After Jokum's conversation with Irabeth is finished, Voren gently knocks on the door. He opens it a bit, pokes his head through, and asks, "Excuse me, Lady Irabeth. I was wondering if I could have a word in private with you."

Mission...

When the team arrives at the tower, Voren looks at their current state. "No, no. This won't do." He starts digging through his pack, muttering. "[/smaller]Now where did I put that...[/smaller] Aha!" He pulls out a simple wand. He then gets to work healing everyone.

Healing Jokum:
Healing Hex: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Healing Athas:
Healing Hex: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Healing Karthak:
Healing Hex: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Healing Silya:
Healing Hex: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Healing self:
Healing Hex: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

So, everyone has the following: Jokum: 28/28, Arthas: 25/28, Karthak: 28/29, Silya: 26/26, and Voren: 20/20. The wand now has 40 charges left. I can't heal Raziel because he hasn't updated his alias. What should I do? Also, for the next 24 hours, you guys can't be affected by the Healing hex.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Voren notes the situation. "There are two figures at the front doors. There are also some more people inside. I see them in the windows."


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Jokum was up to full thanks to the many healers at the Defender's Heart, I believe; no need to waste your abilities/wand charges on me!

Jokum glances at the tiefling in surprise. "You have sharp eyes, young one. He's right; there are a couple humanoids under rubble by the door, and some more stationed in the warehouse across the street. Who or whatever they are, I doubt they're too friendly..."

The big man purses his lips, thinking. "I would not have us fight them in the midst of their camp, where they can rush us from both sides. Perhaps a few well-placed shots will draw them out to somewhere we can engage them on our own terms--where we stand, for example."


Int check DC20:
A memory tickled the back of your brain. Wasn't there some kind of password in that document you found?

Voren and Irabeth:

Irabeth called out "Enter!" and her adjutant ushered Voren into her office.
At Voren's question, she nodded.
"Of course I can make time for you Master Voren. Magnificent work at the healing ward by the way. What is on your mind?"


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Actually, Jokum, that healing is for when we get to the tower. Because, as Camris said, by the time we get to the tower, we each have 6 hp due to tiefling looters and a couple of dretches.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12Paladins have like no perception skills.

"Huh, well it is good we have you and Voren with us Jokum. I believe we will be in dire need of your wilderness skills. My experience of rigid battlefield discipline and orderly cavalry maneuvers seem of little merit in our current environment. I would say your plan is a as good as any."

"It appears you two have just saved us from walking into an ambush. What is the significance of the tower? What was housed in it before the fall? Does anyone know?"

1,401 to 1,450 of 2,775 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM Striker] Wrath of the Righteous 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.