Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master R0B0GEISHA

Combat Map

Occasionally Updated Loot List


1 to 50 of 729 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

I know what Gaedren has done you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannon strike him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at Sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done. You read the passage and consider all the possibilities.

Alistair:
Your harrow card is the Juggler. The image shows a giant man juggling boulders. Having spent a good amount of time in Korvosa, you are familiar with the card enough to know it represents fate being on your side.

Garran:
Your harrow card is the bear. The image is of a bear in a circus on a unicycle. You are knowledgeable of Varisian culture from your travels and know this card represents brute strength reigning.

Nicoleta:
Your card is the locksmith. Your time as a fortune teller provides you with significant insight into this card. The image on the card is a man wearing a cloak. Inside the cloak is many keys. These keys are both figurative, and literal. They are the keys to a new destiny, but also suggest a key maybe needed in the soon future. This is certainly no regular harrow card though, maybe it is a key itself...

Aryah:
Your card is the Queen Mother. The image on the card is of a large Queen Ant. Your Shoanti background and religion does not offer much more insight into the meanings of this card, but the significance of the Mother is powerful in your world view. Pharasma herself is known as the Mother of Souls, that thought enters your mind as you look up this card.

Danni:
Your card is the twin. The image on the card is of two humans, one with blonde hair the other with dark hair. Your arcane background provides you with some insight into its meaning. The card represents a duality of purpose. Sometimes this card can also be literal and mean there is some sort of twin of you out there that is going to oppose you.

Detect Magic on Harrow Card:
You cast Detect Magic on the card. The card has a strong Neutral Aura and is definitely magic.

If you are going to do anything besides go to the address on the card let me know. If you are planning on [b]NOT going to the address let me know that as well.[/b]


F Human Tattooed Sorcerer-2 | HP13/18 | AC13 T12 FF11 | F+4 R+2 W+4 CMD12 |Init+2 Per+4/+7 in light | Hawk Per+14

Danni looked at the card, and the message, nervously. Who sent this to me?! Who even knows about my history with Lamm? Paranoia was an old friend, but one she hadn't seen in some years. Not since she was younger, more vulnerable. She glanced at the old tattoo on the inside of her wrist.

She shook her head, and pulled her hair back into a pony tail, tying it off with a small ribbon. Magic. It has to be. Maybe even associated with the harrow. She cast a quick spell to see if the card itself was magic, but she already knew what the answer would be. She could feel the hum of power through the card.

Divination wasn't her strong suite. But she had heard many tales of those who could use the harrow to read the future, or the past, or even to suss out the things that needed to happen to make events fall into place. She suspected that was the source, though she wondered how she could be involved. And who are these others? Lamm had plenty of enemies to choose from, but most of them weren't people she wanted to get involved with. The enemy of my enemy she wondered.

She tapped a tattoo on her arm and a large hawk fluttered into existence, landing on the back of a chair. "What do you think, Kirk?" The hawk cocked his head curiously at her. It didn't seem to understand her words, but it definitely felt her sense of confusion. It made a high pitch chirrup sound, then fluttered onto her shoulder, careful not to hurt her with its talons. It nuzzled her ear with the side of its head.

"Ha!" she laughed. "You know me too well, I guess." She grabbed a piece of dried meat from her belt pouch and handed it to the bird who gobbled it down greedily. She turned the harrow card around in her other hand, looking carefully at the design. Yes, she was going to go where the note indicated. She would find out what this was all about. Perhaps it was enough that her goals were the same as this mysterious diviner. "And perhaps it really is... fate." And if it was a trap, she would spring it, and let the cards fall where they may.


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +7 | Stamina 11/11

Garran had just finished another run when he saw the card. Cautiously he picked it up and read it before cursing. Who could know? Garran Fain has no connection to Gaedren Lamm, and Tymo Flint hasn't been seen since he disappeared 5 years ago. No one could connect me to him - I've seen to that. His first thought was to find another caravan and leave town immediately. Still, he'd never found Gaedren's hideout - if this was real, if this person knew where he was...Garran could have his revenge. Lamm had betrayed him and nearly gotten him locked up. He'd cut a deal to avoid jail, but that had resulted in his new identity and position as a merchant's guard. After a few moments, he sighed and tucked the card into a pouch. He'd go to this meeting - armed to the teeth. If this was a trap, by Lamm or someone else...Garran smiled wolfishly. Tymo Flint had only been good in a fight if he was with his gang, and they outnumbered their foe. Garran Fain was a far different beast - a much deadlier one.

Garran will be going to the meeting.


Female Dhampir Monk 4 | HP 24/32 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +11 darkvision, low-light vision | Ki Pool 4/4

As the couple got up from the table to leave, the girl placed two silvers on the ale stained surface.

"Thank you so much," she gushed to Nicoleta without taking her eyes off the handsome young man.

"No thanks are needed," Nicoleta replied in a voice full of honey. Although she pocketed the coins.

Feel free to come back anytime you want to give me more money and I'll be more than happy to tell you whatever you want to hear.

Once they had left the tavern, she waved at the barkeep and pointed at her empty mug. She reached out and with a practiced hand gathered the cards arranged on the table. Without a thought, she returned them to the deck and began to shuffle them.

She instantly recognized that something was out of place and from the cards in her hand she pulled one that was different.

"What the f+!#?" she snapped as she held up the offending item. Unlike her cards which were monochrome line drawings on cheap pasteboard, this one was an artistically rendered full-color image.

With a message.

Her eyes narrowed as she read the hand-written text. She flipped the card to examine the other side and, finding nothing, began eyeing the other patrons of the tavern.

She was in her regular spot with her back to the corner so there was no way someone would have been able to plant the card without her seeing them - except by magic.

"Ok, you've got my attention," she says quietly to the card. "I'll play your game - for now."

Nicoleta will attend


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

Thoughts of his sister haunted him and the city was full of revelers, so it wasn't hard to join in the celebrations. Although much of the evening was a blur, the noise of the patrons and smell of breakfast wakes Alistair from his stupor. Noticing the sticky table, he soon realizes that he is in a tavern or an inn of some sort. His head is pounding and the smell of food makes him nauseous and hungry. He raises the mug that is still clutched in hand up to his mouth only to realize that something is in his tankard. Looking into the tankard that is now empty except for a Harrow card. The Juggler. Turning the card over, there is a message written upon the back, written in common but in a handwriting he does not recognize.
I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.
What the f$&& is this...not funny at all. You do not f!&* with good mead...ever.
He stares at the card in an attempt to focus but soon finds out that it is how he read it the first time. I really need to lay off that Dwarven s%*&.

Having stopped off at three taverns on his way home. Alistair knew his father would be mad at him for starting tabs but he just did not care. Finally tired of walking and being hung over, he hails a carriage. Giving his address to the driver, he settles back to sleep. That is on the other side of the city, you have coin?
Alistair tosses the driver some coins not caring which ones or how many he gave him.drive slowly...

The ride was rough and it seemed the driver was making sure to hit each and every hole along the way. Alistair could take no more and tried to get out. Stop...stop...let me out....STOP FOR F#*~ SAKE!!!
The driver finally gets the horses to stop and Alistair jumps out in time to let all that was in his stomach out in one spasm after another. Looking down at what he had done.
When did I have fish last night?

He moves over, sitting down to rest and soon realizes that it is late. Very late, if the dried up vomit was any clue. He starts to stand and brush himself off when he notices something missing. Looking around in circles as he tries to figure out how this happened. I really need to figure out how they do that.....Father is going to kill me when he finds out I have been robbed yet again. I have to admit, it is a neat trick.

Trying to gather his bearings, Alistair looks around to see where he is.
Lancet Street, where the f#@! am I?
He starts to walk in a random direction
Why does that name sound familiar.?
Continuing his walk towards what he hoped was home, he soon started to have flashes of what has come to pass over the last couple of days. He had been on a heavy drinking binge as of late. His birthday was always a reason to celebrate or it was. Now it was just another reminder of what he has lost. His sister was gone and that loss was still raw with pain and anger. The image of a card in his hand come to mind. The number 33 comes into focus as well.
What did I do last night.
Must have done something or I would not have a card for what ever reason
Shaking his head a bit, Alistair tries to focus his thoughts on what happened the night before.
Others like you will be there...come to my home Gods damn that Dwarven s+$%. It sure as hell f$&*s with you the next morning.
I could use a drink right about now...too sober for this s@&#. 33 Lancet street

Seeing that the building with the number thirty-three on its side was within sight, he continued his way to the door and announce himself.
Pardon my tardiness. I have received a request for my presence at this location.

He pushes the door open and enters.My name is Lord Alistair.....
He stops and looks at the others and looks down at his card. He then looks up again at the group before him. He holds the card up for all to see.
[b]Is this good or bad?

The family that was sitting down for dinner was in shock to see that young lord standing in the door way. The father stands up and is about to grab a knife from the table to force this rash young noble out of his house when the wife speaks up.Sir you do not belong here. I think you have the wrong house or what ever it is that you are looking for. She stands up and walks over to the dumb founded noble. Alistair is looking around in a daze as he tries to work through his images from the night before. Trying in vain to apologize as he is ushered out the door.
My apologies madame. I must have the wrong address. I am sorry for any trouble I may have caused.

Alistair figures that maybe he just picked the card up from a table and it was nothing at all. He decided to head home. Following the sounds and smells of the river and then he should be able to make his way home. He passes people going about their business and stops in the the middle of the street. Slowly turning his head to look at a building.
Could I have been wrong..could this be the place?
There before him was a building with the number 3 on it.
What the hell
Better than dealing with father over a cut purse.


Female Human Cleric of Pharasma 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18 TO 11 FF 17 | F +4 R +1 W +6 | CMD 13 | Init +1 | Perc +4 | 1 HP

Aryah narrows her eyes when she notices something stuck between the pages of her goddess's holy text. She pulls the card out and looks at it. A Harrow card, odd. Admittedly, she held a fascination with the Varisian custom, as the custom held that a proper reading of the cards could predict ones future.

She studies the card and smirks. It bore an image of a buxom ant-like creature dressed in royal finery and surrounded by grubs. Between a pair of spindly legs, the queen ant held a bunch of grapes that it offered to its children. Was this a lesson from Father Corvin? She knew vaguely that the card symbolized motherhood, and Pharasma was the Mother of Souls.

She turned the card over in her hand, if only to appreciate the often decorative art found there, but she froze when she saw the message. As she read, she felt a feeling of cold wash over her. This was certainly what she had been waiting for, the first major sign she had received from the goddess since she had come to the lowlander city.

Without hesitation, she dons her suit of lamellar before draping the robe of her order over the top. Offering a prayer to the Lady of Graves, she gathers her grandfather's spear and shield, and steps out into the night.

---

Aryah hesitates when she notices the handsome man clad in leather armor. His hair was long like a lowlander woman, but he carried himself dangerously and wore a pair of rapiers on his belt. Is this the man that snuck me the card? There was no time to try and hide and observe, and in any case, it's not like the large Shoanti was practiced in stealth. Instead, she strides toward the man and offers greetings. "Do you know if this is 3 Lancet?" she asks, trying to sound nonchalant.


When Aryah asks Alistair if the address was correct, an angry man following him with his concerned wife in tow answered while pointing. "Yes! THAT is 3 Lancet, now leave us be sir!" The man turns around and gathers his wife to return to his home at 33 Lancet.

Soon another Shoanti woman arrives. She is tattooed extensively and has a hawk companion. She appears as lost as Aryah.Danni

Garran Fain A tall man seems to be watching the developments around the address of 3 Lancet. He has a scar on his face and is heavily armed for a man taking a stroll on the road.

The last to arrive is a nicely dressed female. Her dress is red and yellow of Varisian style and she is wearing a wide-brim hat.Nicoleta

After you introduce yourselves...

Inside the well furnished, but simple home. Their is a table in the main room with a large basket full of food and drink with a hand written note in the same handwriting that is on your cards -

Thank you for coming I had to step out for a bit, but shall return shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. I have provided food and drink until I return.


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +7 | Stamina 11/11

Garran crosses the street, armor and weapons clanking as he does so. He gives those gathered outside a quick assessment - a couple of Shoanti, some fop of a nobleman, and a woman dressed in the Varisian style - although he doesn't think she's of Varisian ancestry. He looks at them and says, "Well, it seems we've all been invited. Let's not keep our host waiting, shall we?" The mercenary opens the door and enters the house. Looking about, he picks up the note, then lets out a mirthless chuckle. "All this, and our host isn't even here to greet us. I shouldn't be surprised." He puts the note down, then moves to a corner of the room and leans against the wall - coincidentally allowing him to keep an eye on both the door and everyone else.


Female Dhampir Monk 4 | HP 24/32 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +11 darkvision, low-light vision | Ki Pool 4/4

Well, the note did mention others.

"Good evening fellow marks," Nicoleta says to the others in a sultry voice as she holds up her Harrow card. "So shall we see what game is being played?"

~~~~

once inside

Nicoleta looks around the room for a moment before noticing the note. With a snort she tosses the note back to the table and grabs an apple from the basket. She then makes herself comfortable in one of the chairs. Comfortable, meaning she places both sandal clad feet on the edge of the table and tips her chair back.

"Hey," she says around a mouthful of apple to the woman with the hawk. "Nice ink. Did you do that yourself?"


F Human Tattooed Sorcerer-2 | HP13/18 | AC13 T12 FF11 | F+4 R+2 W+4 CMD12 |Init+2 Per+4/+7 in light | Hawk Per+14

Danni assumes the others waiting around have invitations similar to her own. As the Varisian woman holds up a Harrow card, her suspicions are confirmed. What game indeed. She simply smiles at the woman as they follow the large man inside.

The lack of a host makes Danni feel very uneasy. But she's not one to turn down free food. She grabs a few pieces of cheese and fruit and stuffs a few pieces of bread in her pockets. Never know when you might need it. The hawk nips her ear so she grabs a little piece of meat for him and gives it to him.

When the woman asks about her tattoos, she says, "I have done several of them, perhaps not all. I'd be happy to do one for you if your interested." She looks as if she's just remembered something. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Danni. This beautiful creature is Kirk," she says pointing to the hawk.

fixed pale part :)


Female Dhampir Monk 4 | HP 24/32 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +11 darkvision, low-light vision | Ki Pool 4/4

Just as a clarification - Nicoleta isn't pale. She has the dusky olive skin of any well-bred Varisian. It just happens to have an almost too-perfect element to it. :)

Nicoleta bends her knees, rocking herself on her chair.

"Danni, huh?" she says as she takes another bite of her apple. "Happy to make your acquaintance. Nicoletta Radacan. I might take you up on that offer sometime."

It takes her a moment to process something the woman said.

"'Perhaps not all'?" Nicoleta repeats, raising an eyebrow. "Not sure, huh?" She laughs. "I've had nights like that. You wake up the next morning thinking, 'Where the f*!@ am I and who is this person next to me.'"

She continues to chortle as she finishes her apple.

"Just be sure that if you're doing one for me, you're sober."


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

His head hurt even after his little nap.
How long was I out...
Watching as the man went away after his little show of displeasure, Alistair was even more confused.
Invited, games...marks, what the f$#@ did I get my self into...
He watches as the other enter the house and he looks around wondering if he is being set up for some joke or...
Robbery? No way...they could have taken me or anything else when I was passed out.

He follows the others in the room slowly. His eyes wonder around the room taking in everything there. Seeing that no one was home and hearing that a host was not present gave him pause for a moment.
Poor form to invite all these people here and not be present to receive them. At least there is something to drink.
Stepping forward, he grabs some wine from the table.
This pairs well...
Pouring himself a drink he looks around at the others...
anyone care for a drink?


Female Dhampir Monk 4 | HP 24/32 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +11 darkvision, low-light vision | Ki Pool 4/4

"Mama said, 'Never turn down a free drink.'" Nicoleta says holding out her hand for a glass. "And while I may have ignored her on a lot of things, that's one that struck me as golden wisdom."


Once the last of you enters the residence, a woman appears from around the corner. She is an attractive middle-aged woman with long, dark hair pulled back with a headscarf. Her face matches the woman you saw in a flash when the harrow cards appeared to you.

She produces a deck of cards and shuffles them expertly as she says the following to you all.

Thank you for coming, my friends, and for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you. I have reason to remain hidden, you see-a vicious man would see great harm done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help. This man has done something terrible to each of you as well. I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched only by the gift for avoiding reprisal. You see, a year ago, his thieves stole this, my harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, and heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also my sole means of support. When Lamm's pickpockets stole it, my son Eran tracked them down and returned my deck to me. But Gaedren had him followed, and soon after he left my home, Gaedrens thugs murdered him. A tear produces itself under the woman's eye for a brief moment and she looks away. When she regains herself she continues.
I sought help from the Korvosan Guard, but they turned me away. And so I asked around. I paid bribes. I consulted my harrow deck for advice. And recently, I was rewarded- I found out where Gaedren dwells. He can be found in an old fishery north of here, at wesstpier 17, where he trains abducted children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures. I think some of you are familiar with this. She glances at you all briefly, though her gaze lingers on Garran and Nicoleta the longest.
But I need your help.I cannont hope t face this man on my own, and the guard moves so slowly that if they were willing to help, Gaedren would certainly know of their coming well in advance. And even if they arrested him, what guarantee would I have he would be punished? This criminal has evaded the law for decades. But you know of these frustrations as well I am sure. I can not offer you much, but I can produce a harrow reading for you. I have been preparing the ritual and made the appropriate sacrifices- my reading will be potent THAT I can assure you. The wind howls ominously and the door and windows shake and shudder for a moment as Esmeranda sits down and extends her hand. The harrow cards that you found earlier begin to float towards her and spin around. She waves her hands and the five cards arrange themselves in the shape of a pentagram in the air. She plucks them out of the air and lays them on the table as she begins to read them. "This will take some time. Ask anything and I will answer it to the best of my ability."


Female Dhampir Monk 4 | HP 24/32 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +11 darkvision, low-light vision | Ki Pool 4/4

As Esmeranda enters, Nicoleta drops her chair back to the floor and removes her feet from the the table.

Once the woman begins her Harrow reading, Nicoleta's eyes widen.

Potent? You can say that again.

"Perhaps you can save me some trouble. I was going to squeeze Lamm to find out what he knows about Mama's murder."

Her eyes travel over the display of power before her.

"Maybe I should just ask you. Why did someone kill my mother? Who was responsible?"


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +7 | Stamina 11/11

Garran watched Esmeranda as she came into the house, untrusting. Her listened to her tale of being wronged by Gaedren, a Take told by many others. Again, he saw the similarity between him and Gaedren, as well as the difference. If someone came and reclaimed something they’d stolen without paying the fee, his crew would have followed that person and attacked them, too. However, they would have just roughed the mark up, not killed him. Murder brought more heat than assault, and invoked a situation of vengeance not unlike this one. Still, that didn’t answer how she’d found him. Garran Fain didn’t exist until 5 years ago, and no one had connected Tymo Flint to him.

Still, her display is impressive, although Garran didn’t set much store in fortune telling. Stepping forward and leaning in the table, he asked, ”Here’s a question for you - how did you find out I was connected to Lamm?”


F Human Tattooed Sorcerer-2 | HP13/18 | AC13 T12 FF11 | F+4 R+2 W+4 CMD12 |Init+2 Per+4/+7 in light | Hawk Per+14

The older woman did have an interesting proposition, and a good reason for going after Lamm. Of course, now that I know where he is... But with his guards, it would help to have allies to make sure Lamm never hurts anyone ever again.
Then the Harrow card flies out of her grasp and into the woman's deck. And she mentions her "payment." Only one question?! I have so many! In the end, there's only one questions that really matters to Danni, the one that's bothered her since she was small.
She stands and approaches the woman. "What happened to my mother?" Her voice comes out much smaller than intended, higher pitched, barely above a whisper. Everyone here is in pain of one sort or another, that's plain to see. Hers is a very old pain, one she thought she'd put behind her. But clearly not. Would the cards know? And how much faith would she have in the answer?


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

Alistair was happy to see their host arrived. It is not a good situation to be in someones house uninvited....
He leans agaisnt the wall and listens to the woman speak. He sips his wine and watches.

Interesting group here...Nice wine too....

Esmeranda wrote:
Thank you for coming, my friends, and for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you.

It was definitely unique...

He continues to sip his wine and remains pleasant as he is going to learn why he is here.
Esmeranda wrote:
I have reason to remain hidden, you see-a vicious man would see great harm done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help. This man has done something terrible to each of you as well.

s#%~...what...oh f+&! me who did I sleep with recently that was...I thought I was careful about not sleeping with married women...it is so messy.

He is enjoying he thoughts of the past and his wine all at the same time.
Esmeranda wrote:
I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm,

At the mention of the man's name, Alistair stops drinking and stares at the women. His once casual stance and half drunk eyes seem to clean up. An intense anger comes over him and his stance has moved to one of a sober man ready to strike out at an opponent. Esmeranda's words continues to flow past him as he feasts on the anger building up deep inside of him.

Esmeranda wrote:
an old fishery north of here, at wesstpier 17

Lamm

Although the word slipped out at barley a whisper, inside, his voice was echoing across the planes as a burst of hatred.
LAMM.


Female Human Cleric of Pharasma 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18 TO 11 FF 17 | F +4 R +1 W +6 | CMD 13 | Init +1 | Perc +4 | 1 HP

Before Esmeranda enters

Aryah silently regards the armored man leaning in the corner man and his fine armor, noting the lack of heraldry or other insignia. A sellsword, she surmises. She looks down at the Harrow card in her hand. Someone like me... she tells herself, I wonder what reason the goddess of fate would have to unite in purpose with the likes of him?

She senses someone entering behind her and warily shifts to a position just inside the doorway that allows her to size up the newcomer while also keeping an eye on the fighter. She notices her colorful clothing immediately. The Shoanti and Varisians were neighbors, if not distant cousins, having shared their homeland for centuries. This one is unarmed, although with a Varisian, you can never be sure of that, she muses.

Finally, her eyes settle on Danni. A Shoanti, though Aryah towered over her. Her hair gave her away as a city-dweller, although Aryah lingered on her tattoos. All quahs maintained a traditional set of tattoos to distinguish themselves from one another; even Aryah possessed a pair of stylized runes on her left arm, but this woman's origins were impossible to discern. Aryah's gaze travels up to the hawk perched on her shoulder. Shriikirri-Quah, must be, she determines.

She takes a seat laying her palm upon the table, slowly pulling it away to reveal the Harrow card. "It would seem we've been summoned," she says in a low voice, "Predestined perhaps, given the crossing of one man's fate with ours. My name is Aryah. I offer you the blessings of Pharasma upon your past, present, and future."

---

After Esmeranda enters

Aryah remains silent while the Varisian woman speaks, although she finds herself nodding when Garran asks his question.

"You have not told us your name, fortuneteller." she points out.


"My name is Zellara Esmeranda, people around here know me as Madam Esmeranda."
Esmeranda takes the locksmith card from the floating pentagram and places it on the table. She looks at Nicoleta "Cut the remaining cards please." Assuming you do She then deals eight more cards around the locksmith card forming three rows of three all faced down except the middle card which is the locksmith-Nicoleta's Card

GM Screen:
Top Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + (1) = 8
Middle Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (3) = 9
Bottom Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (2) = 4
Top Middle: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3
Middle bottom: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + (6) = 13
Top Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (6) = 11
Middle Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + (1) = 10
Bottom Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (6) = 11
bottom left reroll: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + (2) = 9
bottom right reroll: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (1) = 2

Esmeranda turns the top left card face up revealing a card with a man being pulled down by a mob of hands. The title of the card is "The Beating"
"Nicoleta, your mother suffered pain at the hands of Gaedren, but not death. " Esmeranda looks at Nicoleta with eyes of sorrow, sharing her pain.
Esmeranda turns the middle left card face up revealing a goblin riding an ogre and whipping him with a flail. This card is "The Teamster
"Your father has certain...appetites. They drove him to excess that caused your mother's demise. He fled Korvosa."
Esmeranda turns the bottom left card face up revealing a card with a large Cricket playing an accordion, aptly named "The Cricket"
"He had to flee quickly under the cover of night. He traveled south to Nidal. These are your past secrets, lets see your present"
Esmeranda now turns over the top middle card revealing a card showing a human dancing, of course named "The Dance"
Esmeranda holds Nicoleta's hand and whispers to her

Nicoleta:
I know your secret. You must keep balance between the light and the dark.

Esmeranda turns over the middle bottom card revealing a unicorn sitting on an open plain and a bird landing on its horn. "Ah, The Unicorn. Your new friends are true Nicoleta, trust in them. Now let's see about your future."
Esmeranda turns over the top right card revealing a stage with a large fake looking snake creature fighting a knight. This card is titled "The Theater"
"Gaedren is just the beginning. You are destined for greatness and glory, balance is the key."
Esmeranda turns over the middle right card revealing a tornado with a menacing face on it. "The Cyclone" is its title.
"Those who sow the wind will reap the whirlwind. Keep the secrets of others to yourself."
Esmeranda reveals the last card. It is "The Juggler". Again Esmeranda whispers to
Nicoleta:
Your drunken friend will mean more to you in the days to come." She says looking at Alistair."He is rash, but passionate. If you can convince him to give up the drink, he will truly shine."

"Now let's see. Who was next? Oh yes Mr. Flin..I mean Fain. Sit down here and cut these cards."


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +7 | Stamina 11/11

Annoyed at her oblique response, and the near revelation of his old identity, Garran nevertheless sat and cut the Harrow deck, sitting back and watching the woman.


Female Dhampir Monk 4 | HP 24/32 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +11 darkvision, low-light vision | Ki Pool 4/4

Nicoleta pales somewhat as Esmeranda speaks of her father.

There's no way she got that about him from a cold read. She knows something.

She remains silent and anxious throughout the rest of the read.


As soon as Garran sits down the previous cards disappear.

Esmeranda plucks "The Bear" out of the pentagram and places it down. The locksmith card returns to the floating pentagram.

Gm Screen:
Top Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + (2) = 10

Middle Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (6) = 10
Bottom Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + (2) = 11
Top Middle: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (4) = 5
Middle Bottom: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (5) = 10
Top Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + (6) = 15
Middle Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (5) = 7
Bottom Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (3) = 9

"I find many strange answers in these cards Mr. Fain. I think you already knew that though and I can see you are frustrated. Let's see what the cards will reveal to us and maybe we can smooth the way between us."

The first card revealed is "The Rabbit Prince" Esmeranda whispers to

Garran:
"I can also see you were not so innocent in the past. If you wish redemption this is your chance, or forever wander lost Mr. Fain."

The second card revealed is "The Theater" Esmeranda looks at Garran "You have already done much traveling and have played a role, but not yourself."

The last card revealed in the past column is "The Demon's Lantern" depicted by a swamp and mulitcolored lights surrounding a hand sticking out from the water reaching up. "Your journey was difficult and left its mark." She says looking at Garran's scar. "That which is physical need not be mental."

"Now lets see what secrets present themselves in our present shall we?" The next card revealed is "The Hidden Truth" depicted by and elderly man dressed as a wizard reading a tome. "Gaedren's children pickpockets are also his spies. There is one watching my house now."

Esmeranda points to the child threw her window. She casts a spell

Spellcraft DC 21:
This is a powerful version of a sleep hex.
The boy falls down apparently unconscious.

"Let's continue" The next card revealed is "The Owl"
Esmeranda whispers to

Garran:
"The boy is not the only thing watching you Mr. Fain. What did you disturb at Kaer Maga?"

"Now to your future Mr.Fain"

The next card is "The Liar" depicted as a Naga female.
Esmeranda whispers again

Garran:
"Your secret will come out if you confront Gaedren"

The second card revealed is "The Queen Mother"
"Your companions will all need your strength, Aryah ever fall you will soon follow."

The last card revealed is "The Sickness" depicted as a tribal human covered in spots.
Esmeranda looks shocked for the first time. "A great sickness is coming to Korvosa and you will not be sparred unless you take heed!"

Esmeranda takes a moment to recover than asks Danni to sit down.
"Cut the cards dear."


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +7 | Stamina 11/11

Garran sat as she did her reading, listening to her words. A past that was not so innocent wasn't hard to figure out about him - if she knew who he was, she knew what he had been. But redemption? He'd become Garran Fain to get out of Korvosa after talking his way out of prison, not to redeem himself. That she'd found him meant she knew he was a merchant guard - hardly surprising he'd traveled, given that. Nothing she said of his past couldn't easily have been found out - the woman was an impressive charlatan, but he doubted she was more than that.

Moving onto the present, she revealed the card about Gaedren using his pickpockets as spies. So that's how he found out my location to sell me out to the Watch! If I'd know that, I'd have kept a better eye out for them. He turns as she points out the spy and sees him just in time to watch the lad drop. Turning back, he's more wary. So she's more than just a charlatan - she's also a spellcaster. Best be polite.

Her mention of Kaer Maga fills him with only confusion. His time in Kaer Maga had been enjoyable - a city that lawless gave plenty of opportunity, but he didn't think he'd done anything to attract attention from anyone - nothing out of the ordinary, anyway.

It is to the future she turned. His mouth curved into a predatory smile once she whispered his secret would come out during the confrontation with Gaedren. Good. That means he'll recognize me, and know who it is that's killing him.

He cuts his eyes to the Shoanti cleric of Pharasma as she speaks that should she die, he would. Why would my fate be tied to some Shoanti I've never met before? That the others would need him to take down Gaedren didn't surprise him either. He wouldn't go after that organization without backup. Long as they didn't backstab him, he was fine.

The final card is what surprises him - as much as her. A great sickness? Maybe I should get out of town after I finish off Gaedren.

He leaves the table, giving the seat to Danni, before moving back to the corner. He was so absorbed in thinking of the sickness he didn't even notice that she hadn't really answered his question.


"I am sorry dear, but your companion can not sit with you or it will alter my results. Perhaps the hawk can take watch for more lambs up on the roof?"

Esmeranda takes "The Twin" out of the pentagram and begins Danni's reading.

GM Screen:

Top Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (5) = 11
Middle Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + (4) = 14
Alignment reroll for 10: 1d10 ⇒ 4
Bottom Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (1) = 6
Top Middle: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + (4) = 12
Bottom Middle: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (1) = 6
Bottom Middle reroll: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (4) = 7
Top Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (4) = 10
Middle Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (1) = 5
Bottom Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (1) = 5
Bottom Right reroll: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + (5) = 14

"First, your past." Esmeranda turns over the first card.The Mute Hag" the illustration is of an ugly older woman with an eyeball in her mouth. "Your mother is closer than you think. Through the eyes of your companion she watches you. Her distance is kept from you as part of a pact."

The next card is "The Wanderer" depicted as a centaur with travel gear. " Your mother is believed but is not. She ran east towards Nirmathas."

The last past card is revealed "The Bear" "It appears Mr. Fain ran into your mother in Kaer Maga. She is the reason he is not currently being digested by Trolls as we speak. The Augurs do not like missing a meal, and now I know who is watching you Mr. Fain. I would avoid any Trolls you come across, more than usual that is. "

Esmeranda smiles at Danni warmly and continues the read.
The next card is "The Vision" the picture is of an illuminated hand pointing at a man's head from behind.
"Trust in your magic, and your familiar. Some sight is clearer when you sleep."

The next card is "The Rakshasa" the image is of a bi-pedal alligator sitting on a man. "Lamm's lambs are dominated by use of force, as you all know. Give them a new shepherd and they will be easier to deal with."

"Now lets see about your future." Esmeranda turns over the top right card. It is "The Idiot the card shows two goblins taunting a man wearing an over-sized helmet/mask.
"You will find many treasures in Gaedren's possession. Do not be greedy."

The next card turned face up is "The Keep" picture is of a castle in the sky.
"Be wary of nobility."

the last card is "The Lost" depicted as a knight in confusion. "Your mother will find you when you are lost, but this may mean the loss of your familiar if you are not careful with it."

"Well dear I hope that helped. Alistair, could you put the wine down for a moment and join me?"


Esmeranda takes the Juggler out of the pentagram and places it on the table.

GM Screen:

Top Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (1) = 6
Middle Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (3) = 4
Bottom Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + (2) = 10
Top Middle: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3
Middle Bottom: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (4) = 5
Top Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (6) = 7
Middle Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + (2) = 12
Alignment reroll for 10: 1d10 ⇒ 3
Bottom Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + (1) = 9

The first card of the past revealed is The Keep
"You are a noble, as was your sister. Her death was more personal than you think."

The next card is shown. "The Trumpet
"You had a chance before to deal with Gaedren. Perhaps you will be more resolute this time. "

The last past card is the "The Rabbit Prince"
"You have been robbed often since becoming a drunkard. Gaedren has some of your recent losses in his possession."

The next card in the middle column is "The Dance"
"Your families business is going well, do not involve them in your business with Gaedren or see that changed."

the bottom middle card is "The Winged Serpent"
"Knowing when to strike your opponent is vital. See it done quickly or lose the opportunity. "

"Let's see what your future holds Lord Wellington."

The first card in the future column is "The Empty Throne"
"You are a good man Alistair, but you could be greater. Strike down Gaedren and with him your grief, or your family will suffer."

The next card is "The Avalanche "
"An ancient evil stirs in Belkzen, travel there at your own peril."

She reveals the last card. "The Uprising"
"Sickness will descend upon Korvosa. If you do not quell the chaos that follows all will be consumed."


F Human Tattooed Sorcerer-2 | HP13/18 | AC13 T12 FF11 | F+4 R+2 W+4 CMD12 |Init+2 Per+4/+7 in light | Hawk Per+14

Danni watched and listened closely as Esmeranda read the Harrow for the others and sat down when it was her turn. She seemed especially impressed that the woman noticed the child outside her window in the middle of it all. She nodded to Kirk who flew over to the mantle when she sat down so as not to 'confuse the reading.' Be brave, Danni, she thought to herself as she cut the cards.

Whatever she might have been expecting, it was not that her mother was alive and had recently been in Kaer Maga. Part of a pact? Someone deliberately took her from me?! She forces herself to concentrate on the rest of the reading, her head swirling.

When she was done, Danni pushed back the chair and got up. She walked over to one wall and slid down it to the floor. Kirk landed on her arm in a protective stance, daring anyone to approach. "She's alive."


"Now Aryah, I saved the best for last. " She says smiling.

Esmeranda takes "The Queen Mother"" from the floating pentagram and puts it on the table. Again faces eight other cards around it.

GM Screen:

Top Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3
Middle Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (2) = 8
Bottom Left: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + (2) = 10
Top Middle: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (3) = 7
Bottom Middle: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (2) = 4
Top Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + (3) = 10
Middle Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + (2) = 9
Bottom Right: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + (2) = 11

The first card revealed is "The Forge" shown as you would imagine a forge to be. "You are not originally from Korvosa. The journey has given you strength, you will need it."

The second card is "The Crows" showing black crows hoarding treasure. "Gaedren wronged you more indirectly. His collection of treasures include Shoanti War Paint traded to him from Belkzen orcs. "

The last past card shows "The Rabbit Prince"
Esmeranda whispers

Aryah:
Father Corvin secretly desires you, but will never reveal it do to his vows. He lied to you about fate drawing you to him and plans a pilgrimage to a temple in Ustalav for penance.

The top middle card is revealed to be "The Survivor"
"You have died, but are not dead. Their maybe a third time, or even a fifth, but their will not be a sixth."

The bottom middle card is "The Locksmith"
Esmeranda whispers to

Aryah:
"You will learn a secret about that one. " She nods to Nicoleta."Do not judge her too harshly for it. "

"Now what does your future hold ptokh-shau?"

The top right card is turned face up. "The Desert" shown by a sphinx traveling in the desert. "Many perils ahead, do not trust the cat."

The middle right card is revealed. "The Juggler"
"Mr. Wellington will need your expertise one day. Remember the recipe for Barbarian Chew."

The last card is revealed. "The Demon's Lantern"
"The Church of Pharasma will be overwhelmed when the sickness hits, but you must not linger there for you have a greater purpose."


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +7 | Stamina 11/11

Garran studies the tattooed woman after her reading, as it seems to touch on him, as well. He didn't encounter any Trolls during his time in Kaer Maga, and he certainly didn't think he'd encountered her mother. Unless...there had been that woman - dark, tan skin, black hair flecked with white, taller than him, who'd told him he didn't want to walk down a certain street. As he recalled, the woman had said the difference between ale and dishwater was so little in the tavern down that way, the barkeep would often supplement his stocks with it. The woman had a decent number of tattoos, as well - although not as many as Danni. He'd listened to her, although he wasn't sure why. Come to think of it, the woman did bear a resemblance to Danni. Well, if she asked, he'd tell her what little he knew. It wouldn't hurt.


Female Dhampir Monk 4 | HP 24/32 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +11 darkvision, low-light vision | Ki Pool 4/4

"So, it looks like all our paths still lead to Lamm," Nicoleta says as she finishes the last of the wine in her glass.

"Westpier 17. Old fishery."

She looks around at her fellow marks and the weapons distributed amongst them.

"I don't think he'll stand a chance," she concludes with a sideways smile.

"I ... We want him alive, though. He has questions to answer. Once we've questioned him, he can be turned over to the guard or dumped in the bay - I don't care. But he needs to be alive to be questioned."

"Are we in agreement on that?"


F Human Tattooed Sorcerer-2 | HP13/18 | AC13 T12 FF11 | F+4 R+2 W+4 CMD12 |Init+2 Per+4/+7 in light | Hawk Per+14

Danni shakes herself out of her fugue at Nicoleta's comments on Lamm. Her hawk is nowhere to be seen. "Alive?! I'm not sure that's a good idea. I don't mean to sound cruel, or even casual about handing out life and death, but he is too dangerous to be left alive. And I doubt the guards will do anything to him beyond a slap on the wrist. He has contacts, he has gold, he has secrets." She shakes her head somberly. "If you want to question him, fine. We can do our best to take him down without killing him. But he has seen his final sunrise."


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +7 | Stamina 11/11

Garran snorts at Nicoleta's request. "What possible questions could Lamm have to answer? All you'll get are lies and trickery - enough that he can escape to plague us another day. Lamm dies - pure and simple. The Watch won't hold him - he'll bribe or blackmail his way free. The only way to deal with a slippery snake like that is to cut off the head."

I'm not leaving him alive. He sold me to the Watch - and as we used to say, 'Snitches get stitches.'


Female Dhampir Monk 4 | HP 24/32 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +11 darkvision, low-light vision | Ki Pool 4/4

Nicoleta shrugs.

"As I said, I don't care two fingers of piss what happens to him after we question him. But he will be alive to answer questions."

She turns to Garran.

"That's not negotiable. If you kill him before I get to talk to him ..."

The woman licks her lips.

"Let's just say that you'll get to see my pissed-off-b@%%& face."


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +7 | Stamina 11/11

Garran rolls his eyes at Nicoleta's threat. "Not negotiable? Were we negotiating a contract? If I don't promise to take him alive, will you stay here and not come with us to hunt him down? Bah!" Garran considers spitting, but since they are guests, that would be rude. Instead, he says, "Tell you what, I'll try not to kill him right away to give you a chance to question him. Just remember - all he'll do is lie to you. And if he refuses to answer questions unless we spare his life, he dies no matter what."


Esmeranda waves her hands and the five cards that formed the Pentagram return to you. "Keep the cards. They may bring you luck. After you deal with Lamm you may want to return here. You are welcome, but I have cast wards to protect me from others so don't bring anyone uninvited. Please finish the food and drink before you . "

Esmeranda stands up and moves to her bed and sits on it staring out the window.

Danni:
You recall in Kaer Maga your mother telling you of a Tavern ran by a Shoanti renegade named Tsokti. You do not know the relationship between him and your mother. Rumor was he had a deal with the group of trolls that call themselves "The Augurs" they made divinations with their own intestines. Hokti would trick drunken Chelaxian and other non-shoanti men into their lair for exchange of information. Perhaps it was more than a rumor...


Female Dhampir Monk 4 | HP 24/32 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +11 darkvision, low-light vision | Ki Pool 4/4

Nicoleta takes the Harrow card and puts it in her bag. She then bows deeply towards Garran.

"Why thank you great warrior for your noble concession to a lowly little muistă like me."

She smiles as she pulls up her bag and moves to exit the door.

"Lies I can handle," she says. "It's the only language men know how to speak."

Varisian:
whore


F Human Tattooed Sorcerer-2 | HP13/18 | AC13 T12 FF11 | F+4 R+2 W+4 CMD12 |Init+2 Per+4/+7 in light | Hawk Per+14

Lamm may leave us little choice, she thinks to herself.
Danni gets off the floor and makes her way back to the table. She grabs a few more snacks for the road and takes a few sips of wine (though she almost spits it out at Nicoleta's comment). She tucks the card in a pocket and slips back into her thoughts. What are you doing in Kaer Maga, mother? Would I be risking your life if I came after you?


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +7 | Stamina 11/11

Garran takes his card and puts it in his pouch. He grabs a hunk of cheese as he prepares to leave, responding to Nicoleta, ”Nu pune cuvinte în gura mea, micul Varisian.”

Varisian:

”Don’t put words in my mouth, little Varisian.”

”I don’t make assumptions about people. Remember that.”


Female Dhampir Monk 4 | HP 24/32 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +11 darkvision, low-light vision | Ki Pool 4/4

As the group leaves Esmeranda's home, Nicoleta sidles up to Danni. She leans close and whispers.

Danni:
"Pinch me, because I think I might be in love. Although I usually prefer my flings less hairy and more curvy."

She then giggles and looks back at Garran.


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

Alistair snaps out of his anger for the briefest of moments as the women reads his cards. He took very little stock in such tricks as just about all she claimed to know of him was known throughout the city by most people. Once the women is done he stands and nods quietly to her and fills his mug again.
He turns and steps away to think of what is next.
When the talk of Lamm starts, he listens and waits.
Enough of this bickering...all of you!
Alistair stands tall with his shoulders squared. His left hand holds the mug of wine under his nose as he inhales the aroma. His right hand rest gentle on the hilt of a rapier. He does not seem to be overly aggressive nor is he in a defensive posture.
Lady Nicoleta, you are worse than little Nikki. What is it with you Varisians these days....all you want to do is talk to Lamm. Your threats get you nowhere and only show how poorly you are prepared for what is to come. Lamm is smart enough to work the system in his favor for many years now. Do you think he is going to talk to you just because you demand it. You know nothing of him and you can make the pissed-off-b~#~@ face all you want, it does not mean it will get you any closer to what you want. You are a selfish woman to demand that everyone else should stand aside from their own justice. A justice that is warranted...just so you can talk to Lamm. He lies, he steals, he cheats, he kills and he is evil. Plain and simple.

Alistair pauses for a few moments before continuing. His voice remains calm and pleasant.
What the f~#& am I doing. Damn it Alicia, what should I do.
The Talented Madam Esmeranda has been wronged and has reached out to us for help...it just so happens that Lamm is a person that ALL of us have a problem with. If you wish to help her that would be great but you will work with us and all of us with you. There is enough anger going around here that no one can guarantee Lamm will survive another assault on his life. The only thing anyone can say is that we will try to not kill him outright. Lamm will not be pulling his punches nor should we do the same just in an attempt to keep him alive. It is too much of a risk to do so.

He looks at the others...
I have been down this road before and it was not pretty. Lamm sure does have an unlimited supply of enemies.
Does anyone wish to not aid Madam Esmeranda? Does anyone have a problem with moving this along to the next stage? Does anyone disagree with ending Lamm's life for the betterment of all? Does everyone agree that if given the opportunity, to let Lamm live for another minute or two...so that the ever so charming Lady Nicoleta may ask her questions.

He drinks some more wine, savoring the flavor and smiles slightly.


F Human Tattooed Sorcerer-2 | HP13/18 | AC13 T12 FF11 | F+4 R+2 W+4 CMD12 |Init+2 Per+4/+7 in light | Hawk Per+14

Danni looks aghast at Nicoleta's comment. "I... did not see that coming," she says quite honestly. Hoping to change the subject, she asks, "Have you ever been down to the Old Fishery?"


Female Dhampir Monk 4 | HP 24/32 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +11 darkvision, low-light vision | Ki Pool 4/4
Alistair wrote:
"Does anyone wish to not aid Madam Esmeranda? Does anyone have a problem with moving this along to the next stage? Does anyone disagree with ending Lamm's life for the betterment of all? Does everyone agree that if given the opportunity, to let Lamm live for another minute or two...so that the ever so charming Lady Nicoleta may ask her questions."

"Yes, that sounds like a much better idea then what I wanted to do," Nicoleta says without a trace of sarcasm. "Let's do that."

~~~~~~~

Danni Shriikirri wrote:
Danni looks aghast at Nicoleta's comment. "I... did not see that coming," she says quite honestly. Hoping to change the subject, she asks, "Have you ever been down to the Old Fishery?"

I don't spend too much time around the wharfs," she says simply. "They're a little too busy for my ... wares."


Female Human Cleric of Pharasma 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18 TO 11 FF 17 | F +4 R +1 W +6 | CMD 13 | Init +1 | Perc +4 | 1 HP

So many posts!

Aryah follows her reading with rapt attention. She does not react when Esmeranda reveals information on her past, things that nobody but her clan and fellow clergy might know. This Madame Esmeranda was surely a representative of her goddess, and could not Pharasma see all things and know all paths?

When Esmeranda mentions the sickness though, she takes pause. "What sickness do you speak of?" she asks. "Is the church in danger?"

---

Aryah interjects when Lamm's fate is discussed. "Perhaps fate will decide for us?" she suggests. "If an opportunity presents itself to apprehend Lamm and we have proof of his crimes, should we not take it? Or, if he refuses to surrender... or we can find no proof of his crimes aside from our own knowledge... should we not punish him without involving the very guardsmen he may already have bribed or duped? We won't know which option remains open to us until we get there. So why not delay the decision until we see what Pharasma has pre-ordained?"


"I do not know the specifics of this sickness. The visions come to me in ways I can not always translate. The church of Pharasma, and all who reside in Korvosa will suffer. I do not see a way past it. Best prepare best you can and weather the storm. For now focus on the task at hand. " Esmeranda responds to Aryah's questions and smiles.


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +7 | Stamina 11/11

Garran shakes his head at Aryah's suggestion. "If we find proof of Lamm's crimes and apprehend him, all turning him over to the Watch will do is give him the chance to bribe or blackmail his way to freedom. That's how Lamm works - the Watch either fails to catch him, or they catch him and he's free a day later. All turning him over does is let him live long enough to plan revenge against us. Lamm dies. We'll give Nicoleta the chance to ask her questions, and then we kill him. Pharasma can sort his soul out when we're done."


As you travel to Westpier 17 you hear some talk on the streets that King Eodred is sick and there is some talk about river ghosts harassing people in the narrows.

The old fishery looks and smells like you would expect. A creaking, decrepit building. All windows are boarded up, but there are ample slits between the planks for those inside to keep watch. An equally decrepit fishing boat is docked in the back. The fishery is perched atop a steep embankment, with most of the structure extending out over the Jeggare River on wooden pilings. The embankment drops 13 feet into the river.

GM Screen:
1d100 ⇒ 21 1d4 ⇒ 4

Perception DC 12:
To the north of the fishery is a short pier that currently does not make it to the river and is probably only in use when the water levels are higher. Underneath you see four spiders wrapping up some children in web they built under the pier. If you can read this and wish to act roll initiative. Spider 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22Spider 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15Spider 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Spider 4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

If you can read previous spoiler-Knowledge Nature DC 11:
These are dream spiders. They have a poison that effects wisdom and if their web is burned it will produce a poisonous gas with a simular effect. The poison can be harvested to make shiver, a common street drug in Korvosa.


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +7 | Stamina 11/11

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Garran studies the fishery from the alley across the street, hidden by shadows and the night. He whispers, "We should find a way in besides the main door - that's likely to be the best guarded."


Female Dhampir Monk 4 | HP 24/32 | AC 17 T 17 FF 13 | Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +11 darkvision, low-light vision | Ki Pool 4/4

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

This is going to totally screw any chance we have of getting the drop on these people. Maybe I shouldn't say anything.

"Aw, f!#+," Nicoleta snaps in frustration. "We're going to need to do something about that first."

The woman then points out spiders under the pier north of the fishery entangling children in their webs.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


F Human Tattooed Sorcerer-2 | HP13/18 | AC13 T12 FF11 | F+4 R+2 W+4 CMD12 |Init+2 Per+4/+7 in light | Hawk Per+14

As they near the pier, Danni's hawk reappears riding on her shoulder. She sends Kirk up to keep an eye out in case of anything suspicious.
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
"Oh gods! They have children!" she gasps.
init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Female Human Cleric of Pharasma 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18 TO 11 FF 17 | F +4 R +1 W +6 | CMD 13 | Init +1 | Perc +4 | 1 HP

Aryah studies Garran for a moment before nodding. "So be it. Lamm will die, and Pharasma will judge him... and us as well, if we act too hastily."

---

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Aryah glances towards Danni, surprised by her outburst. "Surely we knew this?" she asks. "Lamm has used children to run his schemes for years."

1 to 50 of 729 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Part One- Haunted Fortunes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.