CARRION CROWN CAMPAIGN (CLOSED) - GAMEPLAY

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Carrion Crown campaign.

Maps:

Treasure List

Specific treasure details

Maps

summary

clues

images


2,501 to 2,550 of 2,624 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Creeden and Ortensia, what are you doing?


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 2 | HP 66/66 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 26 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16) | Active conditions: None.

Creeden will ready an attack.
Defensive
unarmed strike: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 for m/b: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Crit?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 for m/b: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Back onto the big map.

The door opens and four wights come out.

Creeden you smash the wight near you doing some considerable damage, it is still there but only just.

What is the save for the boneshaker and the burst of radiance?

Grand Lodge

Boneshaker 19 Fort

Burst of radiance is 20 Ref

Damage : 7d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) + 7 = 15

Duration : 1d4 ⇒ 4


Fort against Boneshaker: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Fort save against Boneshaker: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Fort save against Boneshaker: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Fort save against Boneshaker: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


3 of the creatures fail the boneshaker roll- how are they affected?

Two of the creatures are blasted full in the face by the burst of radiance.

Creeden then punches one of the injured ones, destroying it.

Anyone else?

Grand Lodge

Boneshaker is single target the first one attacks the creature next to it.

All enemies take damage. The failed creatures are blinded.


The affected wight attacks its companion and they both take each other out.

The remaining wight is blinded.

Anyone else?


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

I think that is everyone's sunrise round.


Ortensia moves forward and smashes her mace into the blinded wight

Mace: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


wight initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Acrietia initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Eleric initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Creeden initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Jeremiah initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Lysander initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Ortensia initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


So initiative order is:

Block 1: You guys

Block 2: Acrietia

Block 3: Wight

So block 1 over to you


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric casts Haste

Lysandar Attacks the closest creature with arcane strike.

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 301d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 331d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 152d8 + 20 ⇒ (8, 6) + 20 = 34 VS flatfooted AC

Jeremiah will cast command on Acrietia to Approach. DC:18 Will Hoping she will walk up to the group for full attacks and maybe walk by some for AOOs.


With one blow Lysander destroys the wight.

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Acrietia will try to Acrobatics her way to Creeden

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34


Back to you guys


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 2 | HP 66/66 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 26 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16) | Active conditions: None.

Creeden will unleash his attacks on Acrietia.

"Fall, villain!"

Flurry, defensive, haste.

flurry 1: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 = 17 for b/m: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
flurry 2: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 = 24 for b/m: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
haste: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 = 16 for b/m: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
flurry 3: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23 for b/m: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Creeden, you manage to hit Acietia twice.

Anyone else?


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Lysandar Attacks the closest creature with arcane strike.

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 271d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 321d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Jeremiah will try to use touch of madness.

Touch attack : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
-3 to attack and saves


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric will burning arch DC 20 Ref (-3 to the roll).

Damage : 7d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 3, 3, 2, 5, 3, 5) + 7 = 33


Lysander's arcane strike hits Acrietia twice, and she screams in pain. Jeremiah's spell gets through her defences.

reflex save: 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 3 = 9


Eleric's flames strike full on into Acrietia and she is consumed by the fire.

Loot: pot of marvellous pigments.


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

"Let's head into the main building over there."

Heading to g? It has been a long day does the team want to pull back and rest before the final push?


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 2 | HP 66/66 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 26 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16) | Active conditions: None.

Still have several castings of punch prepared. :)


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Okay I'm good to keep going.


Overlooking the town square stands the battered remnants of what must have once been an impressive tower. Now only the tower's ground floor and half of its second floor still stand, and catapult balls lie scattered about the piles of broken stone and masonry at the tower's base. Of the top of the tower, only a jagged crest of stone remains; the tower's roof has been ripped off, and much of the rear portion lies buried in rubble.


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric cast vanish of Jaboa who moves up and inspects the area.

Perception : 10 + 24 = 34


We are on map slide 4

Jaboa enters through a crack in the doors G1, it appears as if the doors are held fast and barred against anyone else.

Can Jaboa make a Perception check please?


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

The 34 was Jaboa perceptions. I definitely should have made that clearer. He will keep taking ten for 34.


On the threshold between area 1 and 2, Jaboa spots that someone has set up an alarm spell.


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

"Well there is an alarms spell but I think I can dead with it."


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric ask if Jeremiah can prepare dispel.

Grand Lodge

"yes give me some time."

Jeremiah parts for a few minutes. Learns dispel magic then removes the spell from the door.

CL : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Jeremiah is able to disable the alarm and Jaboa continues.

Area 3: Most of the floor has collapsed exposing the room to the sky.

Area 4: In here is a human together with 2 giant crawling hands.

Area 5: 8 skeletal archers


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Jaboa reports back to the group.

"Looks like there is a fight ahead. Let prepare and rush two clawed humans."


What is the plan?

Grand Lodge

Lysandar will hit himself and Creeden with Heroism.

Eleric will cast haste.

Eleric says, "Let's finish this."


Are you moving in to area 4?


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Yep


[i]This long antechamber runs from the foyer to the rear of the tower, ending in a mountain of collapsed rubble. At the far end of the room stands a large pavilion. Standing in the pavilion is an almost skeletal figure dressed in black robes.

"You continue to interfere with my plans. So be it, this is the last time you cross the path of Auren Vrood."

Vrood initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Eleric initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Creeden initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Jeremiah initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Lysander initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Ortensia initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

crawling hand initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


So initiative order is:

Block 1: Hands

Block 2: Creeden, Eleric and Ortensia

Block 3: Vrood

Block 4: Lysander and Jeremiah

The hands move forward and attack Creeden and Ortensia

claw on Creeden: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

claw on Ortensia: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

On to block 2


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric will glitterdust 20 will against the enemies.

A bust of light becomes solid and clings to the enemies.

Grand Lodge

The for when it comes up:

L starts to sing +2 attack and damage on going. He will then speak weird words to Vrood.

Weird words: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 174d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1, 5, 6) + 5 = 18 vs touch ac.

J casts persistent bestow curse 23 will roll twice take the lower
melee touch : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 2 | HP 66/66 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 26 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16) | Active conditions: None.

Creeden strikes the claw that attacked him.

Flurry, defensive
flurry 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 for b/m: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
flurry 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 for b/m: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
flurry 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for b/m: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

AC 31 v melee, 27 v ranged. (If an attack misses me by 4 or less, AC goes down to 27.) (Crane Wing)


Vrood Will save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

giant crawling hand will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

homunculi will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Vrood manages to shake off the effects of the glitterdust, the homunculi and the hands are not so lucky.

Creeden deals a mighty blow to one of the crawling hands. It is still there but only just.

Ortensia attacks the other hand.

Heavy mace: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Vrood casts a spell at the party - Glitterdust DC 16

I think everyone is caught by it


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 2 | HP 66/66 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 26 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16) | Active conditions: None.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+8| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Jerimiah will: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Lys will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Eleric will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Grand Lodge

Jerimiah Miss Chance for Attack Above: 1d100 ⇒ 20

will: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 Can now see.

Lys Miss Chance for Attack Above: 1d100 ⇒ 25

will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Still blind.


Lysander's spell streaks across and damages Vrood with the sheer power of his voice.

Will save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

2,501 to 2,550 of 2,624 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / CARRION CROWN CAMPAIGN (CLOSED) - GAMEPLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.