Aubrey's Other Eberron Campaign - The Unbinding (Inactive)

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


6,551 to 6,584 of 6,584 << first < prev | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | next > last >>

MAPS

The Heights

Ashshar

As things began to unfold, Ashshar looked at the rope the crate was suspended from and drew their sword. Their head tilted as if in understanding something, and the blade traced a line across the air that bisected the rope. All they needed was the crate.
____________________________
Move to AF-24. Mythic power Surprise Strike used to sever the rope.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14, damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15


HP 48/48, AC:15, Fort:+3/Ref:+3/Will:+5 +2 on sleep, stun, paralysis, poison, disease, mind-affect, negative energy effects CMD: 14, Init+1, Perc+1

Plains.

"Really?" Wultram is genuinly surprised. "...you don't seem the type, like at all. Or should I be reading something to the wording of I was born into instead of am?"

He then turns to Tal. "Well it is complicated and I am not THAT knowledgable about it, so library would serve you best on the matter. But essentially think of of so massive guilds that they are big players in the political field and they are family lines with powers not normally encountered within their race. This is gross simplification of the matter but it gives the general gist of it."

Not sure how much Wultram would really know, so kept it to the basics that just about everyone would know.


Male elf Rogue 3, Ranger 3, Mythic Trickster 1 Init +4 Percept 11+ SenseMotive +1 59 /59 HP; Fort +6 Reflex +11 (+1 v Traps)(no damage on saves?) Will +3 ( immune to magic sleep, +2 v enchantment) ; AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+1 v Traps, +10 surgepoint)

"The dragon mark is like a curling tattoo that is larger and more intricate on members with stronger powers. Many family members, like me, have no mark and no powers."

"We should visit a inn run by House Ghallanda. They have the best hotels in Khorvaire."


The Plains

OK, wither goest thou?


The Heights

Atsu moves to block the way, weapon in hand (I assume).

Ashshar move is a bit problematic. The crate is 10' in the air, it's maybe 5' high as well, so the cable will be at least 15' in the air. I know we agreed that Ashshar was a big lad, but he's not that big, and I'm also not sure how he reaches the cable from AF24 as its about 25' away. However.... Ashshar is on the poop deck, which raises him up maybe six or seven feet. He could try something like a daring leap from the deck to the top of the crate and then maybe consider trying to cut the cable from there (assuming he has the requisite Acrobatics skill and wants to try it)...?


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

if he does break it i want to change my action to a silent image to cover up the sight of the crate from all on land


HP 48/48, AC:15, Fort:+3/Ref:+3/Will:+5 +2 on sleep, stun, paralysis, poison, disease, mind-affect, negative energy effects CMD: 14, Init+1, Perc+1

Plains

"Fine by me, just have to deal with the undead first. I was hoping to find someone to pay for them in Karnath to help fund our charter of airship. But there is no way the payment would be close to even negating the cargo cost those delusional c@*#s were asking. And as pleasing the thought of having them pay a visit to Krezent is, no way they are going to find their way back without guidance. So destruction it is."

Once he arrives back to the undead. "Tal, can I count on you with the carvers or do I need to find a temple?" After the guestion he simply orders the undead to tear eachother to pieces, not counting the Karnathian Skeleton.

@Aubrey: I would presume to gatherhold. Probably start with finding a place to stay.


Male elf Rogue 3, Ranger 3, Mythic Trickster 1 Init +4 Percept 11+ SenseMotive +1 59 /59 HP; Fort +6 Reflex +11 (+1 v Traps)(no damage on saves?) Will +3 ( immune to magic sleep, +2 v enchantment) ; AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+1 v Traps, +10 surgepoint)

Rehil re-shoulders his pack and begins marching.

"South to Gatherhold. I think it is the only halfling city," he says uncharacteristically conversationally to Tal.


HP: 58/58, AC:23/15/18, Fort:+10/Ref:+9/Will:+13 CMD: 21, Init+3, Perc+12

Tal is perhaps to eager to help. "I will make sure they don't rise again." To Rehil, "I will take your word for it friend Rehil. As long as we make progress to finding out whos loosening the binds of the Rakasha."

once all the bloody skeletons are don't it should only take a channel to keep them down correct?


HP 48/48, AC:15, Fort:+3/Ref:+3/Will:+5 +2 on sleep, stun, paralysis, poison, disease, mind-affect, negative energy effects CMD: 14, Init+1, Perc+1

Bless spell or holy water

Plains

"I am not sure if it really counts as a city. Anyways once we have gotten settled I was thinking about hitting the bazaars to see what we can get out of our share of the fight with the elves. I doubt this place has library of significance so research is probably not an option. Anything come to mind that needs doing or should we just recuperate?"


Male elf Rogue 3, Ranger 3, Mythic Trickster 1 Init +4 Percept 11+ SenseMotive +1 59 /59 HP; Fort +6 Reflex +11 (+1 v Traps)(no damage on saves?) Will +3 ( immune to magic sleep, +2 v enchantment) ; AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+1 v Traps, +10 surgepoint)

Rehil doesn't care if it's a city or a village, as long as the inn is good.

"A night of rest, and continue our journey to Regalport."

What time tomorrow is the train?


The Heights

Ashshar draws his greatsword in a single smooth motion as he slides forward gracefully towards the dangling crate. He then hurls it, sending it spinning through the air towards the metal cable holding the crate aloft. The sword slices deeply into the cable, leaving only a few strands supporting its orcish cargo. The shock of the rebound sends the blade twisting back towards Ashshar, and the lizardman catches it deftly by the hilt.

An incredible display of swordsmanship, surely the most amazing thing anyone has ever seen? Except no one was looking and instead it was an unseen strike. Nalverren's spell then performs the simple manoeuvre of cutting the rest of the rope and the crate falls with a crash. A crewman nearby shouts, "Awesome!" and claps Nalverren on the shoulder, before turning to Ashshar with a scornful expression on his face that seems to say, "Well, why didn't you do something?"

Bet that made Vaard jump, too. Map updated.

Initiatives
Atsu 21
Ashshar 20
Nalverren 18+
Ivar 18-
Vaard 9+
Guards 9-
Cole 8
Derrick Crew 0+
The Ship 0-


The Plains:

The train is midday.

The skeletons attack one another with fervour, eventually destroying one another. Wultram's companion puts down their erstwhile triceratops mount and all that lies in the field are broken bones and some bloody scraps. Tal channels the holy power of his goddess to sear away the taint of undeath and the bones are reduced to inert shards with no power of movement.

Assume a single channelling will do the trick.

They turn towards Gatherhold and begin walking into the town. For those used to the urban delights of the Five Nations it is certainly a primitive place. Sanitation is clearly a secondary concern as the air whiffs and the streets squelch unpleasantly underfoot. Filthy halfling children run about, chasing the tiny bipedal dinosaurs that seem to take the place of the stray dogs in other locales. Houses are more like huts, built of dry-stone and roofed with turf, or simply small cave mouths in the rock of the crags between which the town seems to have insinuated itself, forming a mass of confusing narrow twisted lanes pocked with doorways. Most building are, of course, halfling-sized with entrances that barely come up to the chests of the visitors. Riders frequently charge through at speed on their dinosaur mounts, clawed feet throwing up sprays of smelly mud. Wizened and leathery halfling elders squint at passersby as they puff on long pipes and scold the youngsters in their gabbling language.

While Torlaes may have been on to something in his description of Gatherhold, the place has a certain charm. Colourful awnings spread over the streets, casting a cooling shade and painting everything below in shades of red, blue, green and yellow, and long pennants raised high above the streets curl in the breeze. Traders hawk fruits, grains, meat, weapons and other sundries at stalls practically everywhere, filling the air with their cries for business. At lane junctions strange painted totem figures, carved out of the rock, look on impassively. Every so often a halfling mounted on a flying reptile launches from the top of a cliff to dance in the updrafts. And while clearly not a rich place, it feels well-policed and safe, with the locals regarding the newcomers with reserved curiosity rather than hostility.

The Ghallanda inn is not too difficult to find. Seemingly hollowed out from the rock, it has a large entrance suitable for human-sized visitors. The emblem of the House, a dog, flutters in the breeze.


The Heights

Ivar yells something in Dwarvish and the golem begins to lumber round the derrick.

Meanwhile, the guards rush closer, with several making it on to the gangway. More pull out crossbows and begin to crank and load them. On the tower, the weapon crews begin cranking and loading. The two ballistas turn towards the ship.

For clarity, G1-3, G8-9, G15 and G17 are loading their crossbows, G4-7 are charging the gangway, G10-12 are holding Ivar on the ground, and G13, G14, G16, G18, G19, G20, G21 and G22 are preparing their seige weapons.

Map updated.

Whoops, just realised I forgot Vaard's turn. Sorry, but I don't want to do the above again. So it's Vaard, then Cole.


HP 48/48, AC:15, Fort:+3/Ref:+3/Will:+5 +2 on sleep, stun, paralysis, poison, disease, mind-affect, negative energy effects CMD: 14, Init+1, Perc+1

Plains

Wultram walks around, not bothered by the simple nature of the place he was after all from a settlement smaller than even this. He isn't paying that much attention to the locals, their strange beasts piquing his curiosity more. The mage tries to make a mental note on some of the merchants as they pass. Feeling the dryness of his throath once they arrive at the inn his pace quickens a tad as he enters.


Male elf Rogue 3, Ranger 3, Mythic Trickster 1 Init +4 Percept 11+ SenseMotive +1 59 /59 HP; Fort +6 Reflex +11 (+1 v Traps)(no damage on saves?) Will +3 ( immune to magic sleep, +2 v enchantment) ; AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+1 v Traps, +10 surgepoint)

Rehil points at the sign for Tal's benefit.

"All the dragonmarked houses have a creature on their crest. Ghallanda is a dog. My house is a displacer beast. Let's see what we find inside."


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

"We have the cargo, let's set sail now!"


The Heights

Vaard and Cole.


Warforged Brb 5 / Ftr 2 / Chm 1 | HP 90/90 | AC: 24, T: 12, FF: 23 | Fort: +10, Ref: +5, Will: +6 | BAB: +7, CMB: +12, CMD: 24, M.Attack +13 [2d6+8] | Init: +1 | Perception: +1 | Rage 5/15 | Surge 0/5

"I'd get back if I were you!" Cole taunts the guards with a roar before drawing the large earthbreaker and bringing it down on the gangway with a crash. "Kind of a long fall!"

Attack, Power Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (4, 5) + 19 = 28

Going into a rage: my AC is 24/10/21.


Male elf Rogue 3, Ranger 3, Mythic Trickster 1 Init +4 Percept 11+ SenseMotive +1 59 /59 HP; Fort +6 Reflex +11 (+1 v Traps)(no damage on saves?) Will +3 ( immune to magic sleep, +2 v enchantment) ; AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+1 v Traps, +10 surgepoint)

Rehil marches through the door, then pauses for a heartbeat to let his eyes adjust to the lower light inside. He follows Wultram in the direction of a table. Reaching that destination he drops the pack from his shoulders, props bow and sword on the table's edge, and drops himself onto a stool.

"I hope the service is fast."


HP: 58/58, AC:23/15/18, Fort:+10/Ref:+9/Will:+13 CMD: 21, Init+3, Perc+12

Plains

Tal makes a note of the house symbol before he follows the others into the inn. He tries to sit in a position at the table away from the other patrons so as to not cause a fuss.


The Heights

Cole smashes through the gangway with his maul and it shatters.

G6 Reflex 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
G7 Reflex 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

One dwarf falls screaming into the abyss while the other jumps back just in time and clings to the edge.

Someone take Vaard's turn, please.

Map updated.


The Plains

The inside of the inn, despite clearly being a cave from the outside, is warm, dry, well-lit and well-appointed. Hanging drapery conceals the rocky walls and everbright lanterns cast a warm glow. The floor is flat and smooth and covered with deep-pile rugs. Somewhere in the distance, music is being played.

The first room is a reception area with a large desk. Behind it sit two halflings in Ghallanda livery. One beams at the newcomers.

"Can I help you?"


Male elf Rogue 3, Ranger 3, Mythic Trickster 1 Init +4 Percept 11+ SenseMotive +1 59 /59 HP; Fort +6 Reflex +11 (+1 v Traps)(no damage on saves?) Will +3 ( immune to magic sleep, +2 v enchantment) ; AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+1 v Traps, +10 surgepoint)

".Three rooms and directions to the common room. -- Please."


The Plains

"Of course. That will be three galifars per night per person. That also includes complementary use of the spa facilities, although meals are extra." He looks the adventurers up and down for a moment. "You can also have your clothes cleaned and pressed free of charge. Would you like someone to take your luggage?"


Male elf Rogue 3, Ranger 3, Mythic Trickster 1 Init +4 Percept 11+ SenseMotive +1 59 /59 HP; Fort +6 Reflex +11 (+1 v Traps)(no damage on saves?) Will +3 ( immune to magic sleep, +2 v enchantment) ; AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+1 v Traps, +10 surgepoint)

"Just one night." Rehil digs in his belt pouch for the nine coins, hands them to the hotelier. "It's been a long trek. If someone can take my pack, I'd be grateful. Clean clothes and the spa sound very good too. But first, something to quench our thirst...."

Rehil palms a tenth coin which he slips to the porter.


The Plains

Is there anything you want to achieve while you are in Gatherhold? If not, we can just move on to the next morning.


The Heights

Vaard dashes over to the crate and begins prising it open with his claws.

The derrick crew are a bit irrelevant here, so we'll go with the ship.

"Cut the lines!" yells Captain Moss. Crewmen grab axes and hack at the thick hawsers holding the ship to the dock. As they part she turns and shouts to the helmsman, "Take her down!" The deck lurches underfoot as the elemental roars into life. With the control surfaces turned as far as they will go, the ship enters a steep dive, trying to fly under the defences in the tower.

Atsu, Ashshar, Nalverren.

Map updated.


Male Humanoid 2/Fighter 1/Cleric 4/Hierophant 1 - HP = 73/73 |AC = 24| CMD =16 | F + 13| R + 2| W + 9| Init + 5 | Per +10 | Channel 10/10 | MP 5/5 Shadow's Status |

Sorry for the delay, work hell, can I have Vaard cast Bull Strength prior to the pry open attempt? He's not exactly the strongest of Lizard Folk!


Male elf Rogue 3, Ranger 3, Mythic Trickster 1 Init +4 Percept 11+ SenseMotive +1 59 /59 HP; Fort +6 Reflex +11 (+1 v Traps)(no damage on saves?) Will +3 ( immune to magic sleep, +2 v enchantment) ; AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+1 v Traps, +10 surgepoint)

I think Wultram wanted to do a little shopping. Rehil has no desires beyond a bed, some rest, and an easy ride to the airship port.


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

HEIGHTS

Nalverren chants once more over a trinket to infuse it with spell energy. full round


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Heights

Atsu grabs hold of the nearest rope to secure himself in preparation for sudden changes in the ship's elevation.


HP: 58/58, AC:23/15/18, Fort:+10/Ref:+9/Will:+13 CMD: 21, Init+3, Perc+12

The plains
Not looking for anything in particular. Just along for the ride for now

Tal orders the same as his companions, curious to see what these people have as a meal.


Plains
Yeah some shopping, mainly involving selling stuff. I am fine handling that stuff ooc if there isn't anything more to it.

Wultrams mood seems to perk up a bit at the prospect of clean clothes and ale.

6,551 to 6,584 of 6,584 << first < prev | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Other Eberron Campaign - The Unbinding All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.