Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Xanxious Crystal (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


151 to 200 of 902 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Orc Alchemist 2

Sorry for the late post guys :(

Klug did follow and upon seeing the beast he let's out a bellow, downs his mutagen(Str) -standard action- and runs next to the beast -move action-.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Zhimmon shoots a bolt of fire that whizzes past the creature striking objects behind it.
Klug moves up and turns nasty.

The grub, now aware of it's own peril, takes it's nasty mouth off of Xzevrra's head now enabling her to breathe again and turns it's attention to Harn. Xzevrra is still held fast by the thing's ab tendrils though.

The creature lashes out at Harn in an attempt to grapple him. This will provoke an attack from both Harn and Klug.

Xzevrra:

You are unable to do anything but kick and squirm as this monster digests you. Suddenly it stops sucking on you head. In an overwhelming sensation of relief, the mouth tendril retract from you nose and ears as the monster pulls off of your head. You gasp now able to breath. Your head is covered in bug saliva but you are able to open your eyes and catch a glimpse of the ferocious Harn stand before you and the creature with a spiked chain in hand. You have been rescued though the ooze still burns. You take a point of acid damage. You also need to make two fortitude saves.

It's not easy being mean. But it can be a lot of fun at times. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"I think she's still alive..."Ollivor exclaims as he sees her head released. "By Abbadar, what will it take to kill this damn grub?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Not too much more. I suspect it'll die this round


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

DM:

Fort Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Fort Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
EDIT: Also at 0 HP.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Klug Whips his sword around and strikes at the grub.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Just waiting on Harn to finish this beast.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Sorry guys! I'm back!

Harn lashes out at the grub when it drops it's guard.

Attack w/ Spiked Chain 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Ouch! Not much you can do when you roll a '5'...


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor frowns as Harn's latest attempt fails to penetrate the grub's blubbery hide. He concentrates on another magic effect, this one a cantrip he'd seen once in a wizard's book, but the study hadn't helped... he couldn't cast it then. Now, it turns out, he can.

Acid splash on the grub
Been told that I forgot to -4 to my last roll since someone was in melee with it So...
with that counted in

1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7
if that hits then damage is
1d3 ⇒ 3


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I did include the -4 penalty on your last roll but thanks for adding it to this one.

Harn miss and the Grub has grappled his arm dealing 1 point of acid damage to him. The grub is clearly wounded and probably does not have much left in the tank. One more good hit would likely put it down.

Olliver misses that shot. Time to see if anyone else can manage.

Harn, you are grappled and can only use one handed attacks.

Players turn.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon moves in range of Xzevrra, touching her with his divine magic.

CLW
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Grr..." Harn growled at the burning of his arm.

He let his spiked chain go slack in one hand and drew his kukri with the other, slashing at the grub.

Kukri 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn barked, "Suddenly, I seem to be all thumbs!"


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"RRRAAA!!!"

Klug attempts to slash the beast once more.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"Die damn you!"


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

I THINK it maybe my turn again since Klug had to catch up and harn went already? If not, ignore or postpone this

"I'd say it was on its last legs, if it had any."

another acid splash, ranged touch
to hit": 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 16
dmg": 1d3 ⇒ 1


Both Martian Level 20 invader

With a viscious slash Klug rips a nasty gash across the beast's back. It slumps to the ground releasing its prisoners.

Xzevrra has survived the encounter and thanks to Zhimmon, she is no longer deformed by the acid the mostly had melted her with.

Harn's arm is released as is Xzevrra. The dead grub stinks of death and decay.

Congrats you all won your first battle. Now what?


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Nice shot, Klug!" Ollivor grins.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevrra untangles herself from the creatures tendrils and proceeds to wipe away the digestive juices covering her face. "Zhimon, if you haven't already given them the 'dangers of the darklands' speech again, I'd say now is a good time. I need a refresher." She looks over at the dead creature. "Or maybe a new one. A danger of wherever in the name of the Abyss this is."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon checks himself to make sure he did not get any of that thing on him.

"What I want to know is why you entered this house. You should have gotten us, I expected you to have enough sense to know anything living along in the darklands is more then deadly."

Perception for loot etc.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Elven:

"I was more than a little concerned about certain 'people' making more of a mess of an already difficult situation. Admittedly that, well whatever it is, managed to surprise me. Though I'm even more surprised to find you here. Why the rescue?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor raises a brow as a language he doesn't speak is used again, "Not to be rude, but communication is important if we're all going to be on the same page and have a better chance of survival, don't you think?"


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon looks at Xzevrra.

Elven:
"What and leave me to suffer the two orcs and a human. Oh no death is getting off easy."

He turns to the human.

"It is of a personal nature. Really does not effect you."


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Ah, well, personal natures are, I suppose, just that."He inclines his head, Though given what I've heard of the dark elves, I'm still going to be cautious about private conversations between them I think.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Zhimmon:

You spot a large pristine Sapphire on the ground near the beast.

You all hear a strange "animalistic" noise coming from the dock.

Too those who go to or are near the door Perception DC 10:

You see a silhouette of some kind of humanoid form standing on the dock. The the luminescent grass barely lights up this dark figure. He/she/it stands there not even twitching or making any further noise. The wind blows causing the grass to flail about wildly thus the lighting does the same. In a matter of a few seconds the individual vanishes. This is all just shy of a 120 darkvision range.

The island is disturbingly silent once again. The wind still, the ocean calm. Pure sickening silence. Even more than drow would be used too.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

perception": 1d20 ⇒ 5


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Perception

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"I am guessing whatever just came out of the water and vanished is the owner of this house. I also would not think he is as gone as he appeared."

Zhimon cast a spell to make out any magic at play in the area. As well as strain his senses just in case.

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Cast detect magic


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Zhimon Detect Magic:

Traces of magic are in the air but their source is distorted.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

You see Klug become visibly smaller as he was larger. He shakes is head as if to "come out of" his drug.

"Zhimon is right, next time I may not have the ability to save you... not like this anyway, at least for today. So keep us informed of your findings hmmm?"

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"You saw someone at the dock? How big of a person?... Was it a person?"

This dice roller really sucks... I may just have you roll all my dice Shanosuke!


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn moved out to see (and smell) whatever made the noise.

Harn's Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

"Uh, looks like a humanoid being covered in slightly luminescent grass. Then it disappeared."

GM:

Did Harn smell anything in particular?


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"I don't see anything. And I don't like it. We should prepare to meet a possible threat." Xzevrra starts looking around the building, identifying all possible points of entry into the building.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

" I was hoping we would find our rescuer here. We COULD call out to him, her, or it and hope for peaceful resolution. Whoever it is probably already knows we are here from the sounds of the fight."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon gives the orc a hard look.

"Someone who nearly got us all killed should not speak about one person nearly getting themself killed. I would take her action over yours any day. Due remember everything and not just what you wish."

At the humans remark he had to stop from shaking him.

"Nothing in the darklands is peaceful, the best you can hopeful is being at a stalmate long enough to trade or barter. An ally one day could be your enemy the next and vice versa. Also their seems to be some magic at play around here but I cant pin down the source. The creature may be invisible or something."


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Well, SOMEone pulled us to safety without harming us, so one would hope other potential allies do exist even in this godsforsaken pit," He sighs in frustration."And yes, I'm well aware of the transitory nature of alliances. In this crew, how can I not dwell on that sort of thing? But I worry if we treat everything as an enemy we may guarantee it will be so. Still.. that's a disagreement that isn't going to settle anything. Let me check as well. Double our chances of noticing something."

Ollivor is almost surprised at how easily the magic comes to him now.

Casting Detect Magic as well
perception": 1d20 ⇒ 20


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon just shook his head. The human thought he meant that as a saying. He did not, it was not uncommon for allies and enemies to change on a daily basis in the darklands. As for everything being an enemy, that was the truth. Everything wanted to kill you or enslave you. He could only think of the elusive deep gnomes that did not fit into the darklands and they avoided contact at nearly all cost.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You all begin to hear a gravely voice coming from somewhere in the distance. It sounds like a spoken language but is unclear as to what the dialect is unknown to anyone without linguistics.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Linguistics
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Anyone else?


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

I don't have the skill so... sorry, nothing from Ollivor


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Same


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The voice prattles on from no where and none of you are able to distinguish anything from it. So far no hostile attempts but the tone of the voice sounds angry. What do you do?


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Oh hell, it isn't like it doesn't know we are here.." Ollivor says, "I'm going to see if it knows any other tongues."

Dwarvish:
"Do you speak another language? We don't understand you and would like to."

then he tries again

Terran:
"Do you speak another language? We don't understand you and would like to."

He blinks Where in the name of the 10th Hell did THAT come from?

Regardless, the tone of his own voice is placating, and at ease... at least, that's the goal.

diplomacy if that helps despite the language barrier": 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn watched the whole exchange with a look of puzzlement. I knew I should've studied harder...


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Well I assume if we can't talk to it we should get ready to fight it... Prepare yourselves!"

You see Klug take out a vial and some ingredients out of various pouches around his belt and start mixing them together.

I didn't have extracts prepared for the day cause we fell without notice. This will take one minute, I'm mixing a shield extract.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon considers something.

"How bad do we want to understand it. I do have a scroll that will let me understand whatever language it speaks but I have nothing that will let me speak with it in turn."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn looked at Zhimon. "How many of those scrolls do you have? 'Cause if it's your only one and you have no way of reproducing its effects later, we could be in trouble."

The half-orc paused for a moment before continuing, "Of course, if it's critical to understand it now and we don't use it, there might not be a 'later' for us!"

"As for being able to reciprocate the communication, if we get where we can see it, perhaps you can use gestures to make it understand us."


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"It is your scroll to use or not, so I leave it to you. I'd prefer not to fight unless we have to."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"I only have two of these scrolls and I can not scribe scrolls myself. So once they are used they are gone until we find someone who scribes them."


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"If this is where it lives, then I think it'll be hostile no matter what we do, considering that." She points at the dead creature. "I recommend you save the scrolls and we simply kill it. Or at least take it captive."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon shrugs, thanks to her they were forced to kill its pet or guardian and entered the things home.

Undercommon:
"Can you understand me. If so show yourself so we may speak."

He doubted the thing would know elven.

"Thanks to your actions Xzevrra no matter what we appear as thieves. If we can excuse ourselves I would try to do so. If not then maybe next time I will not heal you when you fall."

He made no point of hiding his annoyance. Being forced to use up one of his healing spells when they had not even found a safe place to rest. This could have been it, the creature could have even supplied much needed information on the area. All ruined.

"Regardless I think we should leave. Their is nothing to be gained here. Not anymore."


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

All pretense drops from Xzevrra's face, and she gives Zhimon a hard stare. She chooses to say nothing and simply gathers her things, rapier in hand.

151 to 200 of 902 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xanxiou's Crystal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.