Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Xanxious Crystal (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


701 to 750 of 902 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Seeing Xzevrra in trouble, Ollivor swims towards her. He tries to lash out with his morningstar to club it off her.

Not sure of penalties to hit in water with this, as I don't have my rulebook handy. Please adjust rolls as suits you, DM.
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
dmg if he hits it 1d8 ⇒ 2


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon uses the fiendish dolphin to tow him towards land.

Run action for dolphin, 80 ft. x4 = 320 ft.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

@Olliver Regardless of deductions to your roll, a natural 20 is an automatic hit and a potential crit. Please roll confirmation.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Possible crit confirmation: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
If it does confirm then extra dmg is 1d8 ⇒ 6


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Swim 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Swim 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Harn struggled back to the surface and took a deep breath.

"Blast this water!" he cried out to no one in particular.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Given that my magicks appear to be earth strong, I'm inclined to agree."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I'm enjoying this too much but all good things must come to an end. If you survive two more rounds, I'll make the fish go away. Waiting on Klug.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Swim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Swim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Probably going to ditch the armor next round :(


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Two more rounds and this is done.

@Klug Klug, you glug some more, keep swimming. Two fish are drawn to your frantic kick. One bites you for 10 damage.

@Harn You resurface and another fish attempts to bite you but misses cleanly.

@Xzevrra and Olliver Xzevrra, you miss but Olliver hits your attacker and it release you to bite him. Ollivor, you take 15 damage, ouch. But are not grabed.

@Zhimmon The Dolphin is actually good bit faster than the fish and it speeds you away. Running at full speed you will reach land in 12 rounds.

Elves and fish fight it out a good amount more.

Next round.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon keeps holding on to the summoned creature but keeps ready to unleash some negitive energy.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor's moment of heroism proves to be costly as he passes out from the savage attack...

-2 hitpoints
Con Check to stabilize, -2 to roll for negative points already counted in:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Ollivor!" cried Harn.

The lore warden swam to the man and attempted to get him above water.

Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Strength Check (to pull Ollivor above water): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Both Martian Level 20 invader

And your healer is several hundred feet away and getting further Lol!


Male Orc Alchemist 2

That put me at -7...

CON: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Ouch.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Round 10

Stats:

HP 2/15
AC 16 T13 FF13 CMD 14
F/R/W 1/6/0
Ki Pool: 4/4

"Damnit all to the Abyss." Xzevrra swims after the drowning orc, attempting to bring him to the surface. "I swear, should just let him drown. Maybe I'll carve my name on his chest so he understands he belongs to me after this."

Swim: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 1 = 18


Both Martian Level 20 invader

@Harn and Olliver Your are both above water but are unable to act.

@Xzevrra and Klug You will both surface in a round. Another fish attempts to bite but misses still. Lucky.

@Zhimmon You get closer to shore and further from party :)

The Deep elves continue to fight off the fish.

Last Round. Not much you guys can do for your companions unless someone has healing object. Klug has three Potions of CLW. I'm going to assume Xzevrra Administers one to Klug. Klug gets 8 Hp back from Potion

Harn, You have potions too it seems. It is better if you give one to Olliver. Olliver gets 5HP Back.

I'm bending the rules on process of actions a smige just to help you all a bit

I believe this puts Klug at Conscious but Staggered and Olliver is now Conscious.

The Elves fight some more and as they do, the fish seem to give up and leave. Either because they are tired of getting stabbed or slashed or because they got enough to eat off of your haunches and the elves and even their dead friends. OR something could have spooked them >_>.

At anyrate, combat is done. The remaining elves swim over to the four of you, Zhimmon is no where to be seen, his fate is uncertain. One of the elves calls out. "We have to find shore before more Planka Sharks come around!"

You can use more potions if you want, Klug will need another to swim without dying. Harn knows the direction of shore just not how far it is. Make whatever actions you wish and then start swimming. Remember, prolonged swimming can result in fatigue and eventually exhaustion. Might want to pace yourselves, or if you linger too long out here, you could be attacked again. There are seven Deep Elves left and most are hurt.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

@ Shanosuke - I was planning on giving Ollivor a potion on the next round anyway (I was just waiting for the next turn, but this works even better).

Harn pointed in the direction of shore.

"Zhimmon went that way, but I'm not sure how far it is. We should really start swimming now."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon Can no one spell it right besides me gets one more burst of speed from his summoned creature before the spell expires. He swims the rest of the way, certain it has to be close or none would make it considering the distance he had traveled.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor gasps as he is revived by the potion.

swimming: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Sputtering weakly, he still tries to swim, "We have to find some sort of shore."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn said, "That way!"

Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The half-orc swam to Xzevrra and Klug'Tier.

"Help me get this into him," Harn said, holding a potion.

Potion of cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I'm gonna be nice because you guys survived that ordeal. Just think, by XP, you guys would have had to fight that at level one hehehe.

You swim for a long time but eventually make it to the starting island without further incident. You all find Zhimon waiting there for you. You all, and the seven elves join you on the shore. You are ALL exhausted. You are glad to know that you are now part of a much larger and more experienced company. Your turn.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon looks around.

Perception
Take 10 + 6 = 16

Looking at the others.

"So shall we pay a visit to our aquatic friend now that we know how to speak with him. Or do we make camp and rest up before moving?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor, near dead, collapses on the shore and lays there.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Laying upon the beach, Xzevrra turns to look at Zhimmon. "I think it's best to rest for abit. If I see another fish, even a humanoid one, I'm fairly certain one of us won't be coming back from the experience."

Standing up, she takes a look around the area, her hand going to the wound in her side. She turns to address the deep elves.

Deepspeech:
"All right, not sure who amongst you is in charge, but unless one of you want to stand up, I am now. So what I need to know is names and skills."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Seeing and hearing the Deep Speech, Ollivor mutters in common, "Good idea. We'll need to know our resources to continue. and yes, I am laying down and resting."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Everyone knows Deepspeech now, spoiler not needed. ;)

Zhimon gives the female a warning look at her words.

"Your not in charge of anyone. This is their realm, not yours or did nearly getting eaten twice not make that clear."

Turning to the deep elves.

"Your suggestions? You do know this terrain dont you?"

Trying to blantly grab power, end up getting your hand bitten off is more like it.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Speaking in Deepcommon so that all understood, Harn said, "We definitely need to rest. Many of us are wounded as well."

When Zhimon spoke to the elves, Harn waited patiently for their response to his questions, while taking in his surroundings.

Perception (remember his Keen Scent): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Harn, The young human says softly, " in case I didn't say it ... thank you for saving my life."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

The burly half-orc gave Ollivor a toothy smile and a gentle pat on the back.

"You're totally welcome! We may not know each other well right now, but hopefully we'll come to regard each other as friends!"


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"I can certainly use all of those that I can get.." Ollivor says as he rests again.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevrra stares at Zhimmon for a moment, then turns to the gathered deepelves, awaiting their response.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You recognize this island as the one you all initially started on. Harn and Xzevrra are able to deduce that you all are not far from where the hermit lives. You are all wounded and worn out.

The deepelves hear you surface dwellers speak. Some seem a bit irate but don't act on it. When Zhimon speaks out, one of the toughest and seeming healthiest Deepelf responds.
"I am Beulaqi, I am the strongest hunter though leading is not my gift. I am one who can kill large prey. I am a Deeprage Hunter." He may be a deep elf but his bulk is enough to contest with Harn for strength.

Another Deepelf steps next to him. "I am Agloc. I am not a lead hunter but out of the survivors I am the closest thing. My gifts are archery and I have led some light hunting parties before and been in enough large expeditions to have some experience."

Another deepelf comes forward. "Vequill, I am a scout. One of the best. Though I am the vetran here, I am no leader. I follow orders and do scouting. Some fighting gifts but not much."

These three seem most prominent
Vaquill is a rogue, scout archetype
Algoc is a ranger, skirmisher archetype
Beulaqi is a barbarian

Among the other four you have three more rangers and one rogue. The three mentioned above are clearly the best of the group.
Ologue's daughter is among the survivors, she is a ranger. Ologue himself was seen falling into the fissure, but is not among these survivors.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"I'm sorry about your father," Ollivor says to Ologue's daughter in deep commmon, as he remembers her loss (and feels like a lout for not thinking of it sooner).


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Oh goody, we're back where we started," chuckled the half-orc.

"Well, my suggestion is that we determine who's got injuries, and see what we can do about it. For instance, I'm still hurt."

"After that, we should rest in shifts."

Smiling, Harn added, "These are just suggestions, not orders. I'm not interested in bossing anyone around."


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Agreed with that suggestion. How about it, Agloc? Do your people know enough about the local flora to have any remedies? What disease should we worry about from that lake and from the fish?" As Xzevrra speaks, she takes off her pack and begins sorting through it, seeing what can be salaved from it.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"Sadly I had to use up some of my healing magic so I only have enough left for one until I rest. I can treat the most heavily wounded person."

Regardless if anyone takes him up on his offer or not he starts unpacking and setting up his tent.

"One person can share my tent. Any takers?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"I don't know if Klugg or I is wounded more, but if he doesn't take the healing I surely will and gladly."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I don't know where Klug is, he hasn't posted in a while.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Sorry school things took precedent the last couple of days. I believe I am still at negative hit point if I haven't been healed since the fight. I know I have a couple of CLW potions on my person if someone wants to use them on me or for themselves.

CLW Pot: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Other than that I'd set up a work place and make a couple more potions and also scout around for things to make potions from.

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

For All, especially Klug'Tier:

Harn wrote:

The half-orc swam to Xzevrra and Klug'Tier.

"Help me get this into him," Harn said, holding a potion.

Potion of cure light wounds, total = 7 hp (Note: I didn't copy the die roll. You can scroll up to see the actual result).

So, you were healed for 7 points while in the water.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Thank you Harn!


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

No problem! :)


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon at some point wonders away towards the forest for some reason.

Their is your set up DM xP


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay things should be sorted with Zhimon's new character, time to move on.

Agloc looks at Xzevrra a little confused. "Lake? Oh you mean the ocean. We seldom come down to these parts, I do not believe we have to worry about disease. As for remedies, it depends on what your need is. We can make a few things for aliments." In essence you could produce salves and remedies to improve saves or increase the amount of HP recovered from sleeping. Requires a Survival check with varying rates of success. Your current location affects this also.

Later that evening during his watch, Zhimon wanders off for a minute and doesn't return, feel free to track him if you desire.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

If morning comes along without incident, then Harn awakens and notices Zhimon's absence.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

No incident. You all rest uninterrupted.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn awoke and stood to stretch, letting out a big yawn.

Looking around, he did a head count of the group.

"Hey, where'd Zhimon go?" he asked.

The half-orc searched around, attempting to find some clue to the drow's whereabouts.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"No idea," Ollivor says waking slowly, "He didn't say anything to anyone about leaving that I know of."


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Ugh, blasted man. Talks about me getting into trouble." Xzevrra looks over the others. "Probably best to split into two groups. Agloc, can you keep an eye on base camp while Vequill, Olliver, Harn, Klug and myself see if we can't track down Zhimmon? You seem most qualified amongst your kin to lead." Xzevrra immediately adpots a take charge approach, particularly with Zhimmon gone.

Not sure if needed, but here's a Diplomacy roll.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Zhimon was hardly my favorite person, but I do hope nothing's dragged him off and killed him."

701 to 750 of 902 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xanxiou's Crystal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.