Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

The great captain Korius Merit, of the Paladine of Izmir, summons a group of warriors of the air to retrieve twelve evil artifacts; the legendary Abominations of the long-dead archmage Marianasu.


2,701 to 2,750 of 3,728 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

As Aylaeth lifts off, she feels a whoosh of air right under her feet, and the Bone Devil appears right behind her! Apparently the creature had been invisible and preparing a sneak attack, but it didn't count on the Lesothan sylph taking flight and its poisoned stinger misses her by a few feet.

"Hold still, insect!" it growls, and gives chase as Aylaeth soars over to the double door behind which the priests of Kalaroth currently are located. The thing stops well out of her reach and uses its superior reach to lunge in with its stinger and lands a brutal strike that smashes through the breastplate of her armor and thrusts the stinger into her chest, just above her heart, where it delivers its payload of deadly toxins almost directly into her arteries, but thankfully just missing. She gasps in surprise and agony as the torture devil grins mercilessly above her. "Hah! Hah! Hahhh! That's right, mortal, fight it! Make it harder on yourself! I want you to suffer until your last. Oh you would-be heroes make such fine sport!" It wrenches the stinger free from Aylaeth's body, and vanishes into thin air again.

Meanwhile, there is no longer any sound behind the door; no trace of the priests, and no sound of children.

Round 4, Initiative 7 - Priests
They are nowhere to be seen or heard.

Round 4, Initiative 5 - Osyluth
AoO when Aylaeth flies away: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 = 22
MA: to AH-7
SA: Attack Aylaeth with stinger: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Confirm crit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Damage: 3d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) + 5 = 15
Swift: Quickened Invisibility (2/3)
Aylaeth: I need a DC20 Fort save, please. Cure for this poison is two consecutive saves. You get six tries.

END OF ROUND 4


BEGINNING OF ROUND 5
While the Ghaddar remains unseen and unheard, there is a strange sound over by min, and suddenly the brave Tuathan is not alone; a barbed devil has appeared right behind him, conveniently out of reach of the Warbanian at the top of the stairs. With a joyful hiss, the thing strikes twice with its vicious spines. The first blow glances harmlessly off Min's armor, but the second lances clean through his shoulder, eliciting a wince and hiss of pain from the scout. The hamatula seems to drink this in; "Yyyyessssssss, mortallllll, give me your breath, your life, feel the chill of hell spreading through you! Here, where you will die on this day and I will drag your very spirit down to the pit with me, naked and writhing at the end of one of my spines! Hahahahhaaa!" it taunts Min, and his eyes grow wide with terror and despair, his heart quailing so far from his dragon companion...to die, here...alone...in this den of evil and foul magic...

The Warbanian at the top of the stairs turns around and lets fly a coarse oath, and prepares to come to Min's aid, though he eyes the barbed devil carefully, knowing it is not an opponent to take lightly.

Round 5, Initiative 25 - Hamatula
Appear in F-13
FAA vs. Min:
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 = 9
DC26 Grab attempt: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30
Min DC20 Will vs. Fear effect: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Min has gained the Grappled condition, and is now Frightened for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds.

Barbed Devil Stats:

AC 26, touch 16, flat-footed 20 (+6 Dex, +10 natural)
hp 175
Fort +14, Ref +14, Will +8
CMD 34

Map is updated. May have to click the correct link.

Livain is up! Please note that you are -4 to hit the Barbed Devil as it has soft cover due to grappling Min.


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Ah, there's seems to have been some confusion here DRA. Aylaeth didn't fly (and she actually has no way to do so at present), she turned invisible and ran off on hasted foot. So, does that change whether she was hit or not? If no, then I'll roll the saves. If yesn then please let me know what did in fact happen. I suppose it might have still got the AoO which missed when she drank the potion? Otherwise though it was a great post! ; )


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

There's one mistake or actually two Livain is in V-11 and Mai is in I-11.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Also the archers in AB-9/11 are both toasted unless they were protected from fire or made their reflex saves


Aylaeth Brely'an wrote:
Ah, there's seems to have been some confusion here DRA. Aylaeth didn't fly (and she actually has no way to do so at present), she turned invisible and ran off on hasted foot.

Oh! For some reason I thought you had cast Fly. I knew you were invisible; that doesn't help you against this devil. So the hit lands. Please roll your save.

Maiathreen wrote:

There's one mistake or actually two Livain is in V-11 and Mai is in I-11.

Also the archers in AB-9/11 are both toasted unless they were protected from fire or made their reflex saves

Ah, thought I updated all that, apparently not. Thanks for the catch! :-) Map is now re-updated. Still Livain's turn! Fight!


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Round 5, Init 24, Altitude 75' AC 22, HP 85/45 Buffs: Gravity bow, haste, bear's endurance

Attacks:
Attack Manyshot:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
Rapidshot:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20
Second Shot:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Haste:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33

Manyshot Damage:4d6 + 32 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 3) + 32 = 42
Rapidshot Damage:2d6 + 16 ⇒ (6, 3) + 16 = 25
Second Shot Damage:2d6 + 16 ⇒ (6, 3) + 16 = 25
Haste:2d6 + 16 ⇒ (4, 4) + 16 = 24


is there any feat that allows to reroll attack rolls? I seem to roll a 1 at least once every other attack routine.
Ps. I totally need a holy bow with all these devils we seem to run into. Also a seeking bow....lets just put them together... Yep that'll work :)
Total: 56 +3 points of strenght damage

Livain glances back in horror as Min is impaled on one of the spines of the devil. She goes cold for a moment thinking she was about to lose another friend. She felt helpless and weak like she was back in training watching as friends were executed by creatures much like this one. The cold feel of her bow in her hands reminds herself that no she is not helpless and certainly no longer weak. She releases a quick barrage of arrows at the Hamatula sending three backbarb arrows to slam painfully into the devils side tearing bloody holes in its infernal flesh. "Let him go." She says coldly as she stares down the devil.


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Fort save DC20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

As the devilish stinger stabs into her chest a scream of pain and agony is ripped out of the Slyphan magus. As the poison pumps into her system though, the hardy battle mage, buffeted by her magics, begins to fight off the poisons sting.

Stats:
AC 27, HP 39/69
Buffs: Message, Protection from Evil, Haste, Aid, +3 quarterstaff (total), invisible
Special: Electricity Resistance 10, Acid Resistance 20
Arcane Pool: 3/10
Spells: Lv1 1:0, Lvl 2:0 Lvl 3:1

Her Temp HP is up to 69, not 62, and now down to 39 after the stinger to the chest


Livain, I think you missed this:

I wrote:
Please note that you are -4 to hit the Barbed Devil as it has soft cover due to grappling Min.

...which means that you only hit once, with your first arrow, since a 23 is a miss and the critical fail cancels out one of your remaining two hits.


The remaining red dragonflight crossbowmen take advantage of Livain shifting her focus to the barbed devil and scatter across the room; one gets under the stage/dais, prepared to block anyone attempting to mess with the mechanism that is pouring out the green fluid. A second one starts in that direction but is too far away to make it and is still en route. The last one sprints to the door on the south side of the room, the one from which no sound has emanated this entire time.

Meanwhile the jailer attacking Sir Damian lets loose a curse as the Warbanians start rushing in. Carefully he slides to the left, keeping wall behind him in an effort to avoid being flanked. While doing this, he tries again to wound the captain of The Skyknights, but is no match for the cavalier's expert defense; his sword clangs harmlessly off Captain Lamorak's shield once, then twice. The approaching Warbanians laugh cruelly and the jailer looks decidedly fearful, and for good reason; between the fierce Skyknight and the deadly mercenaries he has much to fear.

Round 5, Initiative 17 - RD soldiers
All crossbowmen take full move actions
Jailer attacks Sir Damian:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Map is updated.

Mai is up!


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)
DM Downrightamazed wrote:

Livain, I think you missed this:

I wrote:
Please note that you are -4 to hit the Barbed Devil as it has soft cover due to grappling Min.
...which means that you only hit once, with your first arrow, since a 23 is a miss and the critical fail cancels out one of your remaining two hits.

Nope didn't miss it, but you did misread my post the attacks were

33 or 29 hit
Nat 1 miss cancels next attack
27 Canceled
33 or 29 hit
Correct?


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Round 5, Init 15, Altitude 50' AC 23, HP 67/47 Buffs: vampiric touch 23/23
Arcane Pool: 10/6 Arcane Pool Servais: 2/0
Spells: shocking grasp(2), warding weapon, mirror image, vampiric touch (1)
FA: X-8

Maiathreen flies as fast as his wings can take him in an attempt to stop the liquid.


Livain Gyssearnith wrote:
DM Downrightamazed wrote:

Livain, I think you missed this:

I wrote:
Please note that you are -4 to hit the Barbed Devil as it has soft cover due to grappling Min.
...which means that you only hit once, with your first arrow, since a 23 is a miss and the critical fail cancels out one of your remaining two hits.

Nope didn't miss it, but you did misread my post the attacks were

33 or 29 hit
Nat 1 miss cancels next attack
27 Canceled
33 or 29 hit
Correct?

no. critical fail cancels a HIT, not an attack. I also didn't see the -4 accounted for in your rolls, it looked like all your to-hits were same as last time, and they should lower.


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Ohh both me and Havoc though that it canceled out the next attack not hit. Ok confusion fixed on both of us.


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Should I post or wait on the Warbanians?


Upon hearing Min's grunt of pain, the two mercenaries by him stop dead in their tracks and turn as Livain's arrows rain down. One lets loose a coarse oath and trundles back up the stairs to attack, but the devil is waiting and easily parries the unusually clumsy sword stroke, lacerating the would-be savior with its spikes at the same time. The other Warbanian makes it back up the stairs and maneuvers into position to strike as soon as she can get an opening.

Meanwhile on the other side of the room the Warbanians begin to fan out and advance behind Captain Lamorak. The two in front bring their greatswords down on the jailer, ripping through his armor and wounding him horribly. The others look for direction from the Skyknights' leader; "Captain, where are we most needed?"

Round 5, Initiative 13
North side of room; move forward and attack jailer by Sir Damian (only two can reach):
1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27
1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40
Total damage: 4d6 + 30 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 1) + 30 = 49 (26 remaining)
On the balcony:
warbanian 1:
MA to Min
SA: attack hamatula - 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23
Damage to Warbanian from devil's spikes: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Warbanian 2: double-move back up stairs to help Min

Min is up!


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

The terror and despair ate away at his resolve, without Lin he was lost and weak. The devils hold was far too strong and despite his efforts its words were starting to bare truth. He was severely injured, separated from his bonded companion and completely outmatched by his opponent.

I have to get back to her, I have to get away from this mess. I'm useless here!

He tried to break the devils hold, bring a swift strike up under his opponents jaw with his armored palm and then shoving its head upward and to the right in an attempt to throw it off balance and break its hold. AS he did that he used his other hand to try and break the barbed demons hold, wincing as the barbs that impaled him twisted in his flesh.

Grapple Check - Break Grapple 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

It was no use though, he couldn't break free, he couldn't focus without her. The Devils head didn't twist, his strike merely made it laugh at his weak attempt.

The only thought then that ran through his mind was the cold realization that he was going to die...


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Round 5, Initiative 11
hp: 66/97; AC 22/14T/19FF; +12F/+10R/+10W
Inspiring Command: 2/12; Bardic Performance: 1/5
Spell Effects: haste, bear's endurance

Perform: Oratary 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

FA: Maintain Performance
FRA: Longsword vs Jailer 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
> Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Longsword vs Jailer 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
> Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Damian shouts to the two Warbanians moving to assist Min. "Kill that creature and free him!" To the Warbanians newly arrived at his side, as well as Maiathreen and Livain, he wards them off from the jailer and points to the guards who have fanned out to defend key points in the room. "The one by that mechanism - kill him! Deactivate it!" To the threat immediately in front of him, he thrusts once with his sword at the jailer's leg and again at this throat. The man collapses as Damian's blade pierces him, falling to a knee and fully to the ground. With the Red Dragonflight soldier defeated, there is little impediment to the Warbanians making their way to the dais and killing its defender.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

The map has Maiathreen in the wrong spot Damian he is actually in X-8 he Canada get to Min to help...


'Kay, Aylaeth is still up, but in the meantime I updated the map, please let me know if I still have you in the wrong spot...


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Sorry if y'all were waiting for me! But Question, does Ayleath roll her next save on Her Init or the devil's? In case it's her's I'll roll it now

Fort vs DC20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Fighting off the last of the poison in her system and determined to stop the leaders of her foes, Ayleath yanks open the door and dashes through...

Rest of her action to be determined when I find out what she sees!

Stats:
AC 27, HP 39/69
Buffs: Message, Protection from Evil, Haste, Aid, +3 quarterstaff (total), invisible
Special: Electricity Resistance 10, Acid Resistance 20
Arcane Pool: 3/10
Spells: Lv1 1:0, Lvl 2:0 Lvl 3:1


Aylaeth yanks the door open and sees a narrow hallway going back a short distance and terminating in a double-door just like the one she just opened. There are four other doors in this hallway, and behind the second one on the left the magus can hear the sound of children crying and muttering. It is still impossible to tell if the voices are human, but they are definitely humanoid; elves or orcs or humans or something of that sort. There is no other sound coming from any of the other four doors, or at least no sound that Aylaeth can hear from her current position.

Updated the map with this new hallway, you may have to scroll right to see it. Orange squares are doors, and I marked where the sound of crying is coming from. You still have a move and a standard after opening the door, I do believe... All the doors are well-constructed and made of solid wood planks banded with iron reinforcement bars and iron hinges. None of them has a window or anything like that.


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Hey, those two leader dudes aren't back out in the main room are they? It's a little confusing on the map as it currently looks that way. Assuming that they're not really there though I'll continue

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
As Alyaeth opens the door she quickly peers for anything that might give a sign as to which room houses the mechanisms for the horrid green fluid that their foes had released. Not seeing anything to help, she makes a decision and moves to open the door to her left.

Would she still have a standard action after this? Why is opening a door so complicated?? lol Also what is the status of the fluid at present by the way? And sorry for the hold-up folks. This is one of those situations which would take seconds in a table top game but can take considerably longer by PbP


Per RAW (p.183 of the core book), opening a door is a Move action, so yes you do still have a Standard action remaining. The two priests are nowhere to be seen. Not sure why they were showing up in the middle of the map, but I just re-published so hopefully they're in the right spot now; I just moved them off to the bottom of the map. That's not where they ARE, it's just intended to show that no one knows where they are.

Also, by "door to the left", I assume you mean the one immediately to your left, yes? AO-7?


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Thanks for the info chief. Yes that's correct, AO-7, sorry for not specifying. Still a little confused though. So, if she opened the first door and got to AO-7 as part of her move action, does that mean she needs a standard to open the door at AO-7?


Opening a door isn't "part of" your move action, it IS your move action. Per page 183 of the core book, opening or closing a door is a Move action that does not provoke. I don't think it could be much clearer so I guess I don't know what the question is. Opening the door was your Move, and you have the usual other actions left to you. At this point you are still standing in AK-8. Given the distances involved and the actions left to you, you won't be able to open the other door in this round. You can at least get to it, though.


Aylaeth Brely'an wrote:
Also what is the status of the fluid at present by the way?

It'll be 2/3rds done with filling the floor grooves at the end of this round, so since there's just two more initiatives after you, it's pretty close to that marker now.


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

Ok doke, apologies for my density (also, don't have the rule book) so she's standing in front of the door in AO-7


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

bump


Bone Devil AoO vs. Aylaeth, AC27(?): 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 = 21

Just as Aylaeth steps through the door, the Osyluth's hideous claws whistle past her leg, narrowly missing her thanks to her magically-enhanced speed. The devil growls in frustration at the near miss and turns to take in the scene behind it, with the Warbanians, Captain Lamorak, and Mai all approaching, and only two badly wounded foot soldiers left to defend whatever mechanism there is that is pouring the fluid into the floor. It pauses briefly to consider its options.


Realizing that fighting the warriors in the room was pointless, the Bone Devil steps forward and vaults down onto the floor where it begins a profane chant to the Infernal masters it works for, causing a mighty wall of ice to erupt up from the floor right in front of the dais, effectively sealing it off from the rest of the room, but allowing the channels to still flow underneath it since they are carved just a couple inches down, enough to pass under. The lone red dragonflight foot soldier yells out a startled "HEY!" as he realizes he's sealed in.

"Quiet, mortal, be thankful you're safe behind that wall." snarls the devil. It digs in and awaits the oncoming attack from both ground and air, interposing its body between the Skyknights, the Warbanian mercenaries, and the wall of ice. He only needs to buy a few more seconds' time...

Round 5, Initiative 7 - Priests
They are nowhere to be seen or heard.

Round 5, Initiative 5 - Osyluth
MA: to AB-9
SA: casts Wall of Ice in front of the dais, completely blocking the entrance and trapping the foot soldier behind it.

END OF ROUND 5


Beginning of Round 6

The priests and Ghaddar have completely left, so I am removing them from initiative.
New initiative order:
Hamatula - 25
Livain - 24
Red Dragonflight foot soldiers - 17
Mai - 15
Warbanians - 13
Min - 12
Captain Lamorak - 11
Aylaeth - 8
Bone Devil - 5


The Barbed Devil whispers quietly in Min's ear, almost like a lover; "Farewell, mortal; I will see you soon on the Planes Infernal, where you will be my plaything for eternity." It then squeezes the brave Tuathan, impaling him with its lacerating spikes and rendering him unconscious. It unceremoniously dumps his dying body on the floor and grins wickedly.

The two Warbanians bellow their rage at the foul thing, angered at seeing so stout a warrior brought low, but the devil cares not. It lashes out at the mercenaries, striking two brutal blows against even their thick armor, spilling their blood on the stone to mix with Min's.

Round 6, Initiative 25 - Hamatula
Free action, maintain DC26 Grapple vs. Min: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26
Impale damage: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (3, 8, 7) + 9 = 27
Min is now at -8HP and is dying.
Swift: drop Min
FAA: attack Warbanians
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 6 = 16
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37
Confirm crit: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
Damage: 4d8 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3, 7, 3) + 12 = 29

Map is updated.

Livain is up!


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Round 5, Init 24, Altitude 75' AC 22, HP 85/45
Buffs: Gravity bow, haste, bear's endurance

tearing damage1d4 ⇒ 4

Full Attack with deadly aim using razortusk arrows:

Manyshot:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
Rapidshot:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27
Second Shot:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 does that hit with razor?
Haste1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28

Crit confirmation:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38 yep

Manyshot:4d6 + 32 ⇒ (3, 3, 6, 1) + 32 = 452d6 + 16 ⇒ (5, 5) + 16 = 26
Rapidshot:2d6 + 16 ⇒ (2, 6) + 16 = 24
Second Shot:2d6 + 16 ⇒ (6, 5) + 16 = 27
Haste:6d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 2, 4, 3, 1) = 17

...so is bone devil bye bye now?

Livain curses as the bone devil brings up a wall of ice in front of her. She pulls out specially made Razortusk Arrows to assist in punching through armor it should work just as well against infernal hides she muses. She releases a quick barrage of arrows all piercing the devils flesh each arrow's fletching touching the one next to it. The last arrow she places to her bow has cardinal fletchings showing it to be a deadly flamestrike arrow which she launches just over the devils shoulder striking the ice wall behind it and exploding in a magnificent ball of flame evaporating a large section of wall. "Mai! Lever! Now!"

Was hoping to incinerate the soldier so Mai could just go and turn off the fluid....


@Livain: Wall of Ice makes a wall that is 1" thick per caster level and has 3HP per inch. This wall therefore has 36HP so your flamestrike arrow has reduced it just over halfway, but it is still standing strong.

Livain's arrows hammer down into the Bone Devil, tearing through its natural armor and ripping apart the ligaments holding it together. It weathers the storm until the very last Razortusk arrow, after which it explodes violently apart into dozens of ragged pieces, howling in infernal rage as it does so. The final arrow, the Flamestrike arrow, hits the wall of ice and explodes, melting a chunk of it but not destroying it. The foot soldier nearby yells in pain and falls to the ground, unconscious and badly burned and dying.

Osyluth is destroyed.


Of the last two remaining red dragonflight foot soldiers, one is trapped behind a wall of ice, and the other finishes her dash for the door, opening it and quickly diving through. It slams shut behind her.

Round 6, Initiative 17 - foot soldiers
#1: stays put behind ice, readies action.
#2: through door at Y-17

Map is updated.

Mai is up!


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

fire damage6d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 6, 3, 6, 2) = 21

Maiathreen aims his wand at the wall of ice and sends an orange pea sized orb towards the ice wall where it explodes into a raging ball of fire. As soon as the way is open he rushes towards the mechanism. "Get out of my way! Or I promise you you'll end up just like the Osyluth!" Maiathreen says as he points both Servais and the wand at the soldier in an attempt to get to the lever quickly.

Intimidate:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min shudders as the fear passes and the cold realization hits home. He breaks a single hand free and points it at Damian, letting the devils words roll over him unheard and unheeded as he spoke. "Stop them... At any... Arg!" The devils spikes cut him off from saying anymore as he gasped from the sudden stab of pain and gurgled on his own blood. Tossed to the floor, a pitiful wreckage of what he once was, he struggled to make the bond connect to Lin. To let her know how sorry he was for breaking his promise to her. But the black unfeeling void of unconsciousness over took him...

Uses Message~ Then Passes out~


Mai: Using a wand and using Intimidate to demoralize are both standard actions, you can't do both in the same round, unless you have some feat I'm not aware of that lets you do so...?

Also, in terms of movement, you're currently 50' up and 30' away from the wall, which gives you a 58.31' hypotenuse to get to the wall. So, after you decide which standard you're doing, let me know what square you're moving to as well, 'cos you won't be able to make it to the wall with 40' of fly, obviously. Again, unless you're under some other effect I missed.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

....well then I just say it....hopefully one of the warbannians can reach the lever....*gulp*


I still need to know where you're moving, or are you just staying where you currently are?


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Lets go with AA-8. I think I can reach that spot. If not a far as I can get with a downward angle movement.


Mai's fireball smashes into the wall of ice, and the barrier explodes into a giant cloud of thick and obscuring steam, making it impossible to see anything under the dais and hiding the remaining soldier from view. At least you are most likely similarly hidden.

Per the spell description of Wall of Ice, AC-5 to AE-11 is all thick, steamy fog that provides partial concealment (20% miss chance) to all inside it, and cannot be seen through. Mai, you are 15' up and 15' away, which is about 21' hypotenuse. We'll call it 20'.


The Warbanians continue their trundling way forward. One is able to get up to the steam cloud, where he hangs back and readies himself to plunge in. The two by Min bellow a mighty oath to Gorum, then proceed to fall victim to the fear aura of the devil, clanging their swords uselessly about and striking nothing but the stone floor and the Hamatula's vicious spikes. While they are utterly useless in their attempts to hit the thing, they at least keep it from finishing off poor Min, helpless and dying on the floor.

One of the Warbanians, a female half-orc, walks up to one of the magically-suspended bodies floating in the air, filled with the strange green liquid. "If we can't shut off the liquid, "she muses aloud, "then why not crush what the liquid is entering?" She hefts her sword and takes a mighty swing at the nearest black dragonflight victim, suspended helpless before her. She cleaves it neatly in two, and for a second the green glow fades. She chuckles. "Well, hells! This'll be eas-HRK!" The glow then brightens, and the liquid flows from her sword, the floor, and the corpse up into her armor. She makes hideous choking, gurgling sounds as the liquid fills her up, pushing her blood out her pores and orifices in a pressurized rush. Soon her eyes hold the same dull glow as the other victims and she is raised up to hover in place of the victim she cut down. Whether she is alive, dead, or somewhere horribly in-between is not clear.

The green goo continues its inexorable push back. It now has filled fully 2/3rds of the channels in the floor. In a matter of seconds, it will be all the way back, and all the channels will be full.

Round 6, Initiative 13 - Warbanian Mercenaries
G13 FAA vs. Hamatula:
1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
F12 FAA vs. Hamatula:
1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Others all just move forward, etc. as described above.

Map is updated.

Min, go ahead and make your stabilization check.

Captain Lamorak is up!


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Maiathreen watches helplessly as the Warbanian is consumed by the liquid. He can't even give her a second thought as he turns his attention to the fog shrouded opening. "It can't end here..." He mutters thinking of Min laying in a pool of his own good and the now he assumes deceased Warbanian. A quick shake of his head pushes such thoughts from his mind.


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

1d20 + 1 - 8 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 8 = 11

Mins desperate struggle to live manifests in his ability to avoid bleeding out on the floor, he doesn't regain consciousness however and is blissfully unaware of how close he is to dying...


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

That was lucky! o.O sorry for the extra post, knowing my luck it would reroll for me :p lol


Min Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:
That was lucky! o.O sorry for the extra post, knowing my luck it would reroll for me :p lol

Heh. No worries, man.


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Round 6, Initiative 11
hp: 66/97; AC 17/12T/15FF; +12F/+10R/+10W
Inspiring Command: 1/12; Bardic Performance: 1/5
Spell Effects: haste, bear's endurance

Perform: Oratory 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Damian surveys the situation with a soldier's eyes and prioritizes his objectives. Min lays gravely wounded beneath his foe, but two Warbanians distract the devil that felled him. With any luck, their reputation as vegtera (learned in his studies of other warring cultures) would be earned today. In any case, as much as he would like to rush to Min's side as a friend, it would be a grave mistake as a commander. Decisions like this, he reflected sadly, are the curse of command. Min's words to him only reinforce that he made the correct choice in his second, should Min survive. Next, the very reason for their arrival into this accursed place - the sound of children - is being tended to by Aylaeth. Though she is alone, Damian has few doubts that she can either handle or retreat from any threat she might face in there.

The true threat is what might happen when the ritual is complete. While an option that he would not allow, the female Warbanian's rash attack on the prisoner rules out the possibility of eliminating them. The only remaining options are to sever their link magically, something far outside his knowledge, and seemingly not an option from the lack of its suggestion by the more knowledgeable of his squad, to wait and see the result, or to eliminate the source of the liquid in the hope that it would halt any further metamorphasis. There was no lever that he could see, no easy solution. In the moments in which he first scanned the room, he observed the blood-smeared altar, dripping down through holes in the dais into the channels that he can now see are the source of the liquid ensnaring the victims. With the bone devil shattered by Livain's arrows and the wall of ice turned to steam by the combined efforts of the Aellar, the path to the altar is clear except for a single soldier and a complete inability to see.

Entering the fog cloud would be a leap of faith.

Faith, however, is the one thing Captain Damian Lamorak of Izmir's Third Army does not lack.

Free: Maintain Performance; Drop Shield
Hero Point: Move - R3 to W9 (40')
FRA: Charge - W9 to AE9 (40')
Hero Point: Longsword vs. Altar 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37
> Damage 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

He throws his shield aside, the steel protection clanging to the stone ground. He will not need it, for he accepts the consequences of his actions. With a burst of energy even beyond the speed gifted by Aylaeth's magic, he rushes between the bodies lifted into the air. He comes to a halt for the briefest of moments, saying a prayer to Iomedae. His voice is loud and clear, meant for his own ears and those of his goddess. "Inheritor, be with me now!" He plants his feet strongly and runs into the cloud of steam, even past the Warbanian. The steam is hot on his skin, but he grips his weapon with both hands. He counts the paces even as he rushes forward recklessly, recalling long-forgotten fencing lessons from Sir Richard Lamorak. The face of his adopted father flashes through his mind, lending strength to his arm and accuracy to his sword.

Damian brings his sword up in an arc, leaving himself open should the one remaining defender attack him. Even if he does, there is too much strength in his blow to stop him. Damian brings his sword down upon the bloody altar. His sword was imbued with holy power by Iomedae herself the day he undertook the quest to seek out the Abominations. If any weapon could end the unholy desecration that this tainted blood brings upon these poor souls, it is this weapon wielded by this man.

You can't normally score a critical hit on an object. However, this may be a special case and an exception.

If so:
Confirmation 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
> Damage 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23


Female Sylph Magus (Staff Magus & Cabalist) / 9| HP 72/72 AC 23*or more*, T 14, Flat 18- F+9 R+8 W+9 Init +4; Senses: Darkvision 60ft; Per +9(+11))

DRA, can you please indicate exactly where lever/mechcanisim that released the liquid is? I had een under the impression that one of the priests had gone behind the door where Aylaeth is now to somehow release the green goo. If that's not the case, she may change her actions

EDIT: or, that may not be necessary. Nice post Issac, and nice shootin' btw Livian! Way to 'splode that devil, girl! Take That for stabbing me! Don't mess with the Skyknight Sista's! We ladies stick together! ; D

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,728 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.