Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Steig Lamplighter and the Curse of the Creeping Twilight (Inactive)

Game Master Gerald Rose

Fantasy Craft rules, Schrodinger's campaign setting (it don't exist until you get there/one of us makes it up), generic fantasy.


151 to 200 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Mead's look suggests that she really doesn't understand why anyone wouldn't want to be a ward to dragon. Her hand starts to move, but she manages to still it before she scritches the invisible creature on her shoulder.

"It sounds like you need someone to head out with some whiskey, just in case Chapel's batch got broken, rescue him and ensure the delivery to Clipwing happens, right?" Her smile brightens. "So all we need is the booze and a map with directions."


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

I assume that living underground means Darius has only heard vague stories of dragons if any?


Darius Reinhold wrote:
I assume that living underground means Darius has only heard vague stories of dragons if any?

OOC:
Everyone has heard lots of stories and folk tales. Stories of metallic dragons and chromatic dragons. Some good, some bad, but none to be trifled with. Their temper is legendary.

Hiram wrote:
"Well, Templeton has the other 2 kegs of Ridgeline from the last batch, problem is, only the Ward knows the location of the Dragons lair. When the last Ward passed after he got sick last spring, Chapel sort of 'got the call'. Can't explain it, just he heard Clipwing calling for him, said he dreamed up a map to the lair."

The bartender mumbles something under his breath - "mnbasrfjadkijsd..."

OOC:
Team check = Mead Notice DC 15 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

No one has any idea what the bartender, Sebastian says.

[i]Hiram gives the bartender another look, and continues "Chapel was always a bit, flighty perhaps. Not a bad kid, but, he kept mostly to himself. Had a place to bed down only he knew - ahem, knows about. Surely someone around the Mill must have an idea where.
Ahem, Investigate/canvass check.

"Well, on behalf of all of us here, I thank you for all your help! If you like I can assign Eli and Sam to escort you around while you do your thing?


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

I know Mead has a higher investigate than Crow, not sure about Darius. But I know I'll love possible help this check. As she does so she uses her bright personality honed by years of remaining positive despite prophecies of doom from Magda. (Can I get a +2 synergy bonus from 4 ranks of Impress? [not included currently])
Juniper Investigation re Chapel's special place: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Aid investigate
Darius 1d20 ⇒ 9
Marco 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Well, you get one aid… from my NPC… again.


Investigation/Canvass 11 + 2 synergy + 1 cooperative = 14
The people of the Mill are nervous, and that nervousness is expressing itself as an unwillingness to talk about their troubles. The only person willing to talk about Chapel is Sebastian, the bartender at the Shattered Sword.

GM:
Sense Motive Mead 1d20 + 7 - 14 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 14 = 3 vs Bluff 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

After some questioning -

Sebastian wrote:
"I was taking a break from the bar to get some fresh ginger in the woods, when I came across Chapel and Gristle arguing in a clearing. Chapel owed Gristle money, and promised to pay him. I think Gristle was about to rough up the boy when he heard me. I took off running, and didn't look back. Maybe Templeton knows more. That's who Chapel worked for, on and off. Gristle, he keeps to himself for the most part,and we usually don't see him around town until after dark."


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Take-10 on knowledges re who is Templeton, where can we find him and what Gristle looks like.

Assuming that a 18 is high enough re Templeton:
Juniper smiles brightly at Sebastian, then quietly, "Thank you so much for helping us." And then she heads off to Templeton's business.

If she doesn't know where to find Templeton she asks then goes.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Wasn't Templeton's Goods or something like that one of the stores on the sign? ooc


OOC:
Templetons place was indicated by one of the directional signs observed while entering the Mill. A Knowledge check will not give you what Gristle looks like, but Sebastian is happy to tell you that Gristle is the only dwarf in the area.

You make your way to Templetons place, which turns out to be somewhat of a shop. It is filled with various items, many of which have the hallmarks of local manufacture. A few items of very old age appear to have been made elsewhere, including a somewhat rusty odd mace-tonfa combo weapon, languishing on a shelf. Templeton is an older man, gray hair and ruddy face, who is concentrating on repairing a worn leather vest. He puts it down and addresses you as you enter.
”Greetings, you must be from the Village. Oliver Templeton, and everything here is for sale or barter. What do you need?


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Does the mace-tonfa thing look like the weapon Darius and Marco use?

Juniper nods in confirmation of their origin. She smiles, "I'm Juniper, I work with Jana at the tavern." She pauses, thinking how to best word what she is thinking. Then, with a shrug, she just soldiers on, "Sebastian said that Chapel works for you. I was hoping to find him and he told us you were the only one who cared enough about Chapel to know where he stays at night."

"Can you help us, please?"

GM:
Impress if needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


GM:
OT Resolve 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 DC 18

Impress/persuade success
"Look, I know the kid owed Gristle some money. Gristle came around here a LOT. Always to see Chapel. I finally asked the kid what the story was, and the kid said he'd figure it out, and asked to run extra errands, but there is only so much work to be had in a little village like this. I had him straightening up the stock room -" he pales for a moment - "You don;t think Chapel would have gone so far as to steal from me would you?"

Templeton leads you around back to a small stockroom, where he unlocks things and opens it up. He quickly takes stock and after a moment confesses that he is missing the Ridgeline whiskey.

GM:
Mead notice DC 15 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Templeton shakes his head, "You know, Eliana was quite friendly with Chapel. She might know where he holes up. It's worth a try."


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

"Do you mind telling us where she can be found?"
Investigate +0
Impress +7
1d20 ⇒ 6


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2
Grose wrote:
Templeton leads you around back to a small stockroom, where he unlocks things and opens it up. He quickly takes stock and after a moment confesses that he is missing the Ridgeline whiskey.

Juniper looks confused for a moment, the very quietly she whispers to Templeton, "Isn't that the whiskey he needed to take to the the dragon?"


Templeton looks shocked, and he mutters almost to himself, "Eliana has a place on the west edge of town. She might know something. Chapel already took the tribute keg. These were the remainder of this months batch. We may be in trouble."


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper looks concerned, shocked herself, "So you don't have any more whiskey?"

Maybe disappointed.

And of course once we are done harassing Templeton, Juniper would search the west end for the mysterious Eliana.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Darius looks somewhat confused and concerned himself but just shakes his head as if ridding himself of a thought looks ready to carry on.


"Well, we have lots of whiskey, just not Ridgeline Whiskey." bemoans Templeton. "You must find Chapel before it's too late."

You find Eliana's place easily, as it is set aside from the other buildings. It is covered with vines and growth, and almost appears to have been growing on its own after its construction. The door is open, and a silken drape shields the interior from the bright noonday sun. The smell of herbs teases you long before you enter, and you find that Eliana's place is full of pots, jars and bowls of various powders and herbs. A slight girl begs your pardon as she leaves, and a airy, lilting voice calls after her, "Don't forget to give Mr. Mirth his tonic, Mary Anne." The girl nods in assent, smiles wanly at you and goes on her way.

Seated by a fireplace is a rather attractive woman of indeterminate age. Her gracefully pointed ears suggest she is an elf. The flowers and plants that adorn her simple garments seem to interweave with her hair, and it is difficult to say where she ends and the plants begin. The elf graces you with a smile and gestures for you to join her at one of the benches near the fireplace. As she pours herself some fragrant tea into a delicate cup, she offers some to you.
"Suilaid, travelers. May I offer you some tea?


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

"If it's not too much trouble then certainly," Darius responds to the offer of tea.

I honestly don't know, how long should we wait to ask where Chapel hides? Do we just ask now or are we supposed to wait? What is polite? Thanks.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper nods, "It smells wonderful and I'd really love a cup." A pause, "I really like a sweetness from the anise."

She shrugs, "But apparently there is a little bit of an emergency going on here in Mill and you are the one that holds the key." A smile, "Chapel, and the supply of Ridgeline whiskey seems to be absent. People seem really worried and we wanted to try to find Chapel and make sure he is alright."

"A few people suggested that you might know where to start looking for him. I'm sorry to be rushing, but people seem... worried." She will however, happily take tea if it is already brewed, taking a long drought and teasing out the different flavors before swallowing.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow lounges against the jamb of the doorway, nodding to the elf, letting Juniper do all the talking and following her lead in the niceties of the social interplay.


Eliana inclines her head slightly as Crow settles in.
She smiles and nods as Mead speaks her piece. She takes a long blink, and when she speaks again, the timbre of her voice has changed, from light and lilting to serious, old, and wise.

Eliana wrote:

"You seek a boy who has gone missing and a dragon that, it seems is absent as well. Perhaps the two are linked and not mere coincidence? It seems the common connection is the keg. Perhaps it is missing too, or did the dragon get it and decide to shirk his responsibilities? It seems too many things to be chance. Go to Chapels bolt-hole. I've been there before; it;s not hard to find, once you know where to look. He is very kind and misunderstood. It is not surprising. He has a very old soul."


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

"I would think if he is the keeper than he must be a good person."

A pause, "Where do we look for the bolt-hole?"


"Your belief in Chapels innocence becomes you. Please, take these. They will provide useful in your search for poor Chapel. "
She hands you 5 elixirs of healing, and gives you directions to Chapels bolt hole. Elianas directions will take you into the forest.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

And after thanking Eliana for her assistance, off we go.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper sniffs longingly at the herb-scented air. Hopefully, "Maybe we could stop by for a cup after everything?"

Just before she follows Crow towards the forest where Eliana's directions lead, "Thank you for you help. When we find Chapel do you have a message for him?"


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

"Thank you. I'm sure we can stop by later, right Crow?" Darius replies to Eliana and then to June.
Crap, we just got gifted 10 elixers of healing from the GM. This cannot be good.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow appears distracted. He looks back over his shoulder at the warrior from the lost city. Manages a slight smile to go along with the nod of his head.


You make your way into the woods, the afternoon sun shooting streamers of light through the canopy overhead. The underbrush, thick with fallen branches and logs makes for slower going.

GM:
Mead notice 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 vs Maw Sneak 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 +2 for dense scenery = fail

A half hour in, about half way there you reckon, Mead catches the sound of something, or perhaps several somethings carefully picking their way through the underbrush somewhere off to the right.
Search checks (possible error):
Lead = Mead 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
assist = Crow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; Barron 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Darius 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5; Marco 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Darius suffers an Error. If Action Dice spend brings his total up to at least 15, he will not suffer a critical error and blow the whole thing. If Darius' total remains under 15, GM will spend AD to activate error.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Possible Error:
Although Juniper can spend an action dice... we would need an exploding action dice.... so Mead says... oww this is going to hurt.

Juniper quietly asks Ferment to fly just above her, so the invisible creature doesn't hinder her in combat. Even if the rustling in the bushes is just a cute little bunny.

An adorable bunny I say.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Wait. We use the highest notice right? I have a +6. And doesn't 16 from Mead best the 13+2 or the 17 you would get from my notice at least? If the error bit is unrelated you get to fail me. Even on the off chance I could boost it by 11, I spent all my action dice on mend checks remember, and it isn't even the end of the first scene.


Darius Reinhold wrote:
Wait. We use the highest notice right? I have a +6. And doesn't 16 from Mead best the 13+2 or the 17 you would get from my notice at least? If the error bit is unrelated you get to fail me. Even on the off chance I could boost it by 11, I spent all my action dice on mend checks remember, and it isn't even the end of the first scene.

OOC:
On a Cooperative check, the person with the highest skill modifier takes the lead. Everyone else supports. This is a Search check, since Mead made her passive Notice to determine that something is out there. Mead has the highest Search mod (+7).

Mead rolled a (2) +7 (mod) = 9
Darius rolled a (1) +4 (mod) = 5

Since you have left the Mill and entered the woods I will say this is a new scene, refresh Action Dice.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

But you said they refresh every two scenes. That makes this scene two. I still have no action dice.

The earlier part was about the notice check. The bit that said fail led me to believe that the Maw had some other advantage after the dense foliage and we had failed the check. This was re-enforced by us having to make another check although as search instead of notice. Anyways, I still have no dice to use. Bracing for the fail.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

OOC re scenes:
Scene 1: goblin fight in woods
Scene 2: Investigation in Mill

ACTION DICE REFRESH
Scene 3: The bunnies.


Search fumble OOC:
scene use of best of the best to sub in Mead's Search. roll changes from (1) + 4 to (1) + 7 = 8.

Plus sage's wise counsel +1d4 ⇒ 2

Which brings us to a 10 - which means you still need an exploding action dice Darius, sorry.


"Here bunny, bunny, bunny."

There was no mention of a Maw in the spoiler to us... which makes me guess that is under the "GM" spoiler.... The spoiler that is just for the GM - so that he can make secret rolls. Hint, Darius, hint.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

You don't need to give me handouts, if he dies, he dies.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

So that's what GM means. I forgot you need to do rolls on that thing. As a note though, the GM said he would notify us when the scene changes when I asked at the point when we reached the Mill.


Grose wrote:
Darius Reinhold wrote:
Wait. We use the highest notice right? I have a +6. And doesn't 16 from Mead best the 13+2 or the 17 you would get from my notice at least? If the error bit is unrelated you get to fail me. Even on the off chance I could boost it by 11, I spent all my action dice on mend checks remember, and it isn't even the end of the first scene.

Logan:

from OOC spoiler
Quote:


On a Cooperative check, the person with the highest skill modifier takes the lead. Everyone else supports. This is a Search check, since Mead made her passive Notice to determine that something is out there. Mead has the highest Search mod (+7).

Mead rolled a (2) +7 (mod) = 9
Darius rolled a (1) +4 (mod) = 5

Since you have left the Mill and entered the woods I will say this is a new scene, refresh Action Dice.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

I understand that now but this would still be the second scene. So you're willing to call it a 1 scene 'session'?


ooc:
In any case, the Notice check allowed you to hear the Maws, out there, but the (potentially) failed Search check means you cannot currently SEE any. You are still free to react to what you have heard accordingly. I was waiting for action dice use before continuing with what was going on.

Though Mead hears movement, no one is able to see anything through the trees. There are definitely several creatures out there, and they are close.

Pre-combat actions?


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Darius and Marco have their batons out.
Nothing else they can really do yet.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Crow pulls out Ghostbreaker and moves between the sounds and Juniper.


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper just quietly encourages Ferment's flight. Then pulls out a acid vial. For the bunnies, in case they have teeth.


Ready and waiting for them, the stalking creatures do not surprise you as they burst out of the trees nearby. 5 enormous toothy mouths come at you propelled by seemingly spindly legs. Drool splatters everywhere as their large ears swivel around alertly. The monsters don't seem to have eyes, but they home in on you unerringly!

Initiative and round 1 actions please!

Combat:
As you are aware of their presence and are readied, their ambush is foiled. There are 5 Maws coming at you from the east.


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Darius 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Marco 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
The two of them stand ready to strike out at the Maws when they come closer.

combat:
Both hold or ready or what ever the action is called to wait until the Maws are closer to full attack. Trigger being when the Maws are within their reach


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Crow enters his "Turn the Millstone" stance, and stands ready to intercept the oncoming menace. He barks out commands, obviously used to giving commands, whether the "lost city" warriors are used to taking them or not. "Darius, Marco. Close ranks with me slightly. I do not think they will flank us. Keep them from breaking through." His voice is firm, calm and determined. he does not actually need the two warrior to move(especially since you already posted), Crow will step back 5' which will accomplish most of what he wants. However, if he has at least two people "adjacent" he has a better defense.

Combat:

Crow will hold his ground, protecting his fellow "Village mate" Juniper. He will use Turn the Millstone to move opponents to his left (North), inbetween himself and Darius and Marco.

Action1: (as the maw attack) enter Turn the Millstone stance and back up 5'
Action2:
to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6 Force, Bone Crusher


Defense: 12 (11 flat-footed), -2 when carrying Ferment; DR: 2; Vitality 20/30; Wounds 15/15; Subdual: 0; Stress: 0; [assistance I, best of the best (1/scene), charming, perfect memory, shove, wise counsel], Renown: Heroic 2

Juniper Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8;Ferment Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

Juniper leans around the shielding Crow, throwing the vial she had taken out. Meanwhile, there is a very quiet flapping as Ferment repositions himself.

Round 1 Combat:
Juniper
target the maw with the least cover from Juniper
hurled attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 ⇒ 5 acid damage on successful attack
half-action, anticipate the maw's attacks (Mead sense motive vs maw 10+base attack) sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Ferment
Should be invisible. Move back and the around, ending up 5-ft above Mead.


Combat:
Maw init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Order is:

Crow i19
Marco i17
Maws i13
Darius i10
Ferment i9
Juniper i8

Crow enters stance, steps back 5', Delays until Init Count 12.

Marco Readies Standard Attack action when Maw is in reach.

Maws move: 5, 2, 4 double move, 1, 3 take Standard Move action and Standard Attack action.

Marcos Readied action goes off (Std Attack)

Maws 1, 3 attack crow.
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 hit 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 miss/error
Bite 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 +1d6 sneak 1d6 ⇒ 6
13pts AP2 vs. lethal resist 4/DR 5= Crow takes 6 vitatlity. Free trip attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 vs Crow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 fail. Maw 3 is flat-footed.

Darius takes Bonus 5ft step to gain flanking, makes 2 Standard attack actions.

Crow takes Std attack action.
Result 30 hits. 6 dmg/DC 13 DamSave 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Maw 4 still alive, Turn the Millstone moves it.

Ferment moves.

Juniper attacks Maw 4 with acid. Anticipates Maw.
Result 16 is hit. 5 acid. DamSave DC 12 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Still alive.
Anticipate DC 15 vs result 13 = fail.

Need attack roll from Marco, 2 from Darius. Anyone want to activate error for Maw 3? Does Crow activate his critical hit?


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

Combat starts, battle plannings go up. +2 melee attack rolls, +3 lethal damage rolls. Everyone.
Marco 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
damage? 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 AP 4
Darius 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
damage? 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 AP 4
Darius 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
damage? 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 AP 4


Init +3; Blend +1; Notice +6; Sense Motive +0; Heroic renown +1; Defense 13; FF 12; DR 5; Action Dice 3d4; Light Sleeper; Always Ready; Cadre; No Pain; Unbreakable; Melee Combat Expert; Grueling Combatant; Armor Basics; Club Basics; Knife Basics; Night Fighting; Darkvision I (Vitality 43/43; Wounds 15/15)

If Marco took down Maw 2 (assuming they're standard) then can I have moved to whack a different one? Since my turn comes after his anyways.


Init +3; Blend +1u; Notice +4; Sense Motive +1u; Heroic Renown 1 Def 13; ff12; DR4; Lethal ?; Subdual ? Action Dice 1d4; Accurate, Basic Combat Expert, Bone Crusher, Charming, Damned if you do, Double Boost, Fortunes of War I, Hammer Basics, Hammer Mastery, Hurled Basics, Improved Stability, Misdirection Basics, Shove, Stand Together

I think activating the error would be a good idea. If no one else does, I will activate the error and not confirm the critical. If someone else activates the error, then Crow will confirm the critical.

151 to 200 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Steig Lamplighter and the Curse of the Creeping Twilight All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.