Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shanosuke's Souls of Lost Aridia (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


651 to 700 of 1,595 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad will go along with the group on this one, I guess we are treasure hunting?


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

I'm not sure this is a good idea. Let's see how Samal answers Jen.


My vote is to not treasure hunt at this point and just leave the ruins, not worth it, I'd rather be an alive, poor, party, then a rich TPK party.


Since Samal is joining the party, I made an Alias for her. The avatar is the best representation I could find so there is your visual.

Samal listens to Jen and nods. "Oh my people are very wise and agile." She raises one of her lion paws and displays her very large and sharp looking claws. "Mine are rather dull compared to the others but this is one of our main weapons. Otherwise we wield an assortment of weapons. We are fast and very dexterous but our greatest asset is our wisdom DRAIN." She holds up her hand and it glows ever so slightly. "All Lamia's are born with the power to drain the wisdom of other creatures and then once they have lost a good amount of will, we attack with a series of mind affecting spells. All we have to do is touch and you lose your sense of will. It is our greatest weapon and asset. My people have killed many with this method though we are no slouches when it comes to physical combat as well. Individually we are very strong and very tough."

Just an FYI. This ruin is a CR 4 to CR 16 encounter. Think you are ready for that?"


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

I think I'm barely wise enough to turn down the possibility of treasure before I've been touched by one of those claws. Perhaps this is not such a good idea.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

"The treasure hunt at this time is a foolish indever, let us continue to our previous destination. With our new friend maybe we can research better from town elders we run into, to help figure out if anything worth the risk is in the ruins before we dare try them." He looks to Samal showing off his array of weapons, "You may choose any weapon in my possesion if you need?"

Shanosuke:
Odd question do you think I could use my craft weapons skill to sharpen her claws? Also any luck trying to get Mathpro back from the darkside?


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

"Feh, lets be away again - we've wasted time enough in this ruin" and with that he musters Al Gasreed to motion.


That's a thought, can Samal ride a camal? what's her movement speed like.

'Samal, we all have our camals, and I would be happy to share mine with you, but erm... He looks ackwardly at her lions body. 'Can you keep up?'


Lol. Lamias are a large size cateegory. They can't ride anything unless its huge. Like an elephant. Lamias have a movement of 50 ft though.

Samal slimes with relief at the groups decision to not enter the ruins. "It's better this way. Less risks involved."

When Pavok displays his weapons, Samal looks a bit overwhelmed. "I have not been trained in the use of such weapons. Sorry I will stick with my dagger and claws for now. Thank you though."

At Mhykir's offer of a mount Samal simply shakes her head. "That wont be necessary. I can keep up. Thank you for the offer. That was very kind of you."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You all travel till late in the evening. You arrive at the first campsite. Decide weather to camp on the road or off. Set up watches. Samal will join whomever on the darkest watch as she has darkvision.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

As before, Mus'ad will take last watch with the dawn - and I'd suggest camping a little way off the road.
Shanosuke - once we get the watch order re-confirmed, can you put it up on the campaign info page?


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Same procedure, yes?


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Yeah, thats fine with me lets go with the watch order we picked for the last site.

"Miss Samal if you wish, I can clean and resharpen your dagger for you?" Pavok asks her kindly.


I don't remember where I came in the order of watches, I don't need a set to of sleep, so I'm happy with whenever, but if no one has take then dead of night, then I'll do the watch with Samal. and yeah, off the road for sure.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

First watch:
Jen and Pavok

Second watch:
Arik, Samal, Mhkyir

Third watch:
Mus'ad and I'm putting Faznir on this shift since he hasn't announced a shift yet.

Okay you all settle down for the night
Arik and Pavok need to make perception checks please.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Perception:1d20 ⇒ 2 Don't we all feel safe now hehe.


So....this is funny. Samal looks at Arik and Pavok uncomfortablely. "So....you guys aren't from Aradina are you?


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad quietly rests.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

"How did you know?"


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

"Your correct my dear, but what gives us away besides our attire hehe." Pavok says as he sharpens his Flachion.


Pavok and Arik are on two seperate watches? Anyway, here's a perception check for my watch.

Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

When it's Mhykirs watch, he chats with Samal about life on this plane, and if she opens up and talks about her people and past, he gently probes about the gods, backing off if she gets upset.

Knowledge Religion if it comes up:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Mhykir wrote:

Pavok and Arik are on two seperate watches? Anyway, here's a perception check for my watch.

Your right......oops. Well she was talking to you and Arik lol. Pavok go back to sleep.

Samal giggles at Arik. "Dwarves don't live in Aradina silly. So you could not be anything other than a foreigner."

At Mhkyir's probing Samal seems strangely unoffened by the conversation. "Our ancient ancestors were cursed by the gods with this bestial form you see before you. It is their fault that I look the way I do, but there are a lot of holes in that teaching. Though we may have been cursed I have to wonder by which god and why. Why do we only hate the good ones? We hate all religion, well the others do, but there seems to be an emphasis on the good gods. Also what exactly did our ancestors do to incur this curse. I wonder."

Mhkyirs your knowledge of religion does not yield any answers to her questions.

Suddenly Samal's cat hair begins to stand on end as she looks around frantically.

Mhkyir:

You see some shadows moving out of the corner of your eyes. It takes you a moment to realize that there are figures attempting to surround the group. You have time to draw your weapon and rouse the others before the enemies can finish the circle.


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

After Mhykir starts to sound the alarm, Whiskers rushes to Jen and starts brushing at her eyelids with its paws, trying to coax them open. She rolls around in a state of half-sleep. Why yes, I would like to go to the party. Pick me up at eight?

Whiskers gets impatient and pokes her face with one of his sharp claws, enough to prod her up but not enough to draw blood.

Okay, okay! I'm up! She looks at the figures surrounding the party. Wait, those people weren't invited.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

As Samal begins to panic, Arik stands and flexes his back and lets loose a loud battle cry.

To arms for the Master Smith!"

He draws his quarterstaff.

If I missed a surprise round, then disregard my actions please.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad wakens quickly and then wakens Al Gasreed. As his camel stands, Mus'ad swings into the saddle and draws his blade - eyes scanning the darkness for signs of movement.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Hearing the dwarves battlecry, Pavok shoots up out of his bedroll with a scimatar and a light pick in his hands and tries to brush the sleep away from his eyes. "What is it my friend?" he says while searching around with his half open eyes.

Perception:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
I thought that comment was before the watches started hehe.


As soon as Mhykir sees the shadows he raises the alarm, grabing his quarter staff from beside him. Jumping up he readies an attack.

Not sure how much time we've got, if he has time he will cast protection from evil on himself. Eitherway, he readies an attack to hit the first person to move within his threatened space.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Probably wont hear from Faznir for a bit so I will set up combat and see if he responds.

As Mhykir raises the alarm you all quickly get to your feet and grab your weapons. Unless you were wearing light armor, only those on watch are wearing any. You all are up and ready to fight.

Those of you with low light or darkvision can see six Anudites attempting to surround the camp. Also there are six birdmen as well, they are armed with spears and the anubites are armed with scimitars.

You are all within 20 feet of the foes. We are going to run this round by round so everyone roll initiative and post your first round action. You are only half surrounded by the way. We'll say they are on the west side for directional sake. Position yourselves as you please with that in mind.

Oh something to note, at a good friend of mines suggestion, I changed the Neubites to Anubites because it rolls off the tongue much nicer :)


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Round 1:

With a soft kick at Al Gasreed's flank, Mus'ad moves to engage the Northern edge of the foes - striking at an Anubite

Curve Blade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Camel Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Jen backs away towards the east, moving behind the other more melee oriented party members. She casts mage armor on herself.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Round 1

Arik moves against the nearest birdman. He'll dive under the spear and uppercut the creature.

Acrbatics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Round one
Initiative:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Samal hisses and draws her dagger. Looking among the attackers she attempts to tackle the nearest birdman.

Pounce attempt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Initiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Round one

Oops, got confused with my character sheets, this one doesn't have protection from evil.

Mhykir moves to the back with Jen, grabbing three stones out of his pocket as he does so, clenching his fist around them he transmutes them into three magic stones.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

lol everyone is sluggish this evening. So far none of you are going before the Anubite, still waiting on Pavok and Faznir. If Faznir doesn't post by tonight, I'll NPC'im. Samal is way going first and failing to grapple.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Sorry for the wait guys, Init:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Round 1

As his enemies come into site Pavok will slash at the closes one to him with his scimatar.

Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

Initiative roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14.

Round 1

Faznir rolls out of his blanket, letting loose the fire within.

Burning Hands Spell-like Ability (DC 16 Reflex save for half): 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Really sorry about the lack of posting. I actually didn't have time to put this battle together completely. For now I will put out the action results and say badguys go last. Just to be nice.

Also this will be brief and lacking in drama at the moment. Been a busy past couple of days. Mostly since I am starting a new campaign with huge ambitions.
Samal attempts to tackle one foe and fails.

Faznir burns the nearest Anubite with his burning hands.

Pavok rushes an Anubite and leaves a nasty gash

Jen has Mage Armor up

Mkhyir has his magic stones

Mus'ad attacks an Anubite and misses and does his steed.

Arik masterfully ducks the spear but misses with his attack

Anubite and Birdman are on Faznir. His AC is 14 and he takes two hits for a total of 12 damage. Ouch

Pavok has Two Anubites and a Birdman on him. He would not be wearing armor but can pick up his shield. His AC is 14, he takes one hit for 6 damage.

A Bird man moves in on Jen trying to get past Mus'ad with fly and succeeds. He attacks Jen and misses.

Mhkykir is not engaged

Mus'd has two Anubits on him. He'd be allowed to sleep in his armor since it isn't medium so he has AC of 16 Both attacks miss

Arik is now fighiting two Birdmen and one Anubite. Arik's AC is 17 but one birdman gets a hit for a measly 3 damage. Lowest they can get. AThe other two foes miss.

The remaining two Birdmen are on Samal. Here AC is 22(Damn! Gotta love Nat Armor and dex combo. Wicked!) Both attacks miss.

Now it is time for round two. Go ahead.

I wont be able to post until tomorrow evening. Again I apologize but this gives all of you time to get your posts in.


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

Round 2

Thousand pardons, my dear cat-lady friend Samal. Close your eyes if you can!

Shouting words in the ancient language of the efreeti, Faznir summons in his mind's eye the scorching desert sun and the myriad of mirages it provokes in the minds of wanderers. He opens an outstretched hand and a dazzling light comes off, momentarily blinding the birdmen and potentially Samal.

Color Spray (click) on Samal and the Birdmen. DC 17 Will save.


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Round 2

Jen five-foot steps back, putting her out of reach from the spear, then uses slumber on the darn birdman attacking her (DC 15 will save)

If it succeeds, Whiskers coup de grace's, DC 16 Fort Save + 6 damage


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Faznir Farin wrote:

Round 2

Thousand pardons, my dear cat-lady friend Samal. Close your eyes if you can!

Shouting words in the ancient language of the efreeti, Faznir summons in his mind's eye the scorching desert sun and the myriad of mirages it provokes in the minds of wanderers. He opens an outstretched hand and a dazzling light comes off, momentarily blinding the birdmen and potentially Samal.

Color Spray (click) on Samal and the Birdmen. DC 17 Will save.

Why not attack the two foes in front of you instead of riskings hindering your strongest ally and provoking an AoO.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Round 2:

Mus'ad continues his assault on the Anubite attacking him.

Curve Blade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Camel Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Actually my AC is 16, since I wear light armor I can sleep in it.

Round 2:

With a battle cry Pavok slashs at the same Anubite and his off head goes wide. "Blasted Jackals!"

Scimatar attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Lt. Pick attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Scimatar Damage:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Round 2

Arik unloads two savage strikes against the birdman's ribcage.

Flurry 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Flurry 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Round 2
Seeing three on Arik, Mhykir takes aim at the Anubite and lets a stone loose.

Attack:(-4 for firing into melee)1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry about the lack of posting. Crazy work schedule has me very tired and I haven't had time to lay out any good posts. Here comes the round results

Results of Round 2 This round is ugly.....real ugly

Samal successfully claws one of the birdman for a total of 9 damage

Faznir turns towards I will presume a 5 foot step to avoid AoO from the two Anubites in base with him Samal and those fighting her and sprays all three with color spray. Unfortunately, Samal does not hear Faznir's warning and gets caught by it as well. The two birdmen are knocked unconscious and Samal is stunned and blinded. Also confused as well.

Pavok violently cuts down one of the Anubites before him.

Jen and her cats combo succeeds in putting the birdman out of it's misery.

Mhkyir hurls a small magic stone at the Anubite attacking Arik and misses badly.

Mus'ad swings at the Anubite before him but misses, however, Al Grasreed seems to really like the taste of Anubite because he hits with ease.

Arik continues to let his fists fly but to no avail as the birdman is too agile an opponent to simply stand there and take hits as Arik had hoped he would.

Fanznir takes another hit from the birdman takes 5 damage and is now at a -3. Faznir needs to make a stability roll.

Pavok, I misread your armor, I apologize, between your armor, dex, and shield the last attack would have missed so no damage. The remaining Anubite attacks Pavok and misses

Jen and Mhkyir are both clear

The Anubite being bit attacks Grassreed and hits for 7 damage. If you have mounted combat you can use it. The second anubite attacks Mus'ad and misses so bad that he sends his falchion flying about ten feet in the opposite direction.

The two anubites and birdman surround Arik, one anubite on each side and the birdman in front. They all attack and ALL of them hit for a grand total of 19 damage! OUCH! One was a crit too. 5 from the bird, 9 from the anubite that crit, and 5 more from the second anubite.

The one Anubite that was attacking Faznir sees Samal's condition and moves to attack her hitting for 6 damage.

Now onto round three.

-Faznir is down at -3
-Arik will be at an even 0 unless he is raging
-One Birdman is dead and two are unconscious
-One Anubite is dead and one is hurt.
-There are 3 birdmen and 5 Anubites still standing.

Round 3 GO!


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Oh yeah, PWNED. How do you like that, birdman!

Jen stays hidden and out of the way, letting the others taking the brunt of the blows.

She uses the spell sleep. 4 HD of creatures closest to her fall asleep unless they make a DC 15 Will save.

Whiskers heads around and coup de grace one of the downed creatures for six damage and requiring a DC 16 Fort save or die.

Taking ten on a handle animal check, Jen sends her combat-trained camel (good that I got that) to coup de grace another of the downed creatures, dealing 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 times two damage and requiring a fortitude save of DC 10 + damage dealt or die.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik, feeling the pull of the darkness upon him, flies into a cold rage. He withdraws from his foes to regroup.

"Pavok! Help me!


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Round 3:

Twisting Al Gasreed in the saddle, Mus'ad attempts to counter the blow.
Ride: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Mus'ad continues his assault on the Anubites attacking him. Attempting to slay the injured one first, before attacking the other.

Curve Blade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Sigh
Camel Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Mus'ad wrote:

Round 3:

Twisting Al Gasreed in the saddle, Mus'ad attempts to counter the blow.
Ride: 1d20+8

Mus'ad continues his assault on the Anubites attacking him. Attempting to slay the injured one first, before attacking the other.

Curve Blade: 1d20 + 6 for 1d10 + 6 Sigh
Camel Bite: 1d20 + 6 for 1d4 + 4

Al Gasreed really needs to train Mus'ad on how to fight properly. I'll be sure and set up the session if you survive this encounter.

651 to 700 of 1,595 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shanosuke's Souls of Lost Aridia All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.