Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shadows of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master sunshadow21

A Rise of the Runelords Game

Updated Combat Map


201 to 250 of 1,257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

You push the door open, and find two skeletons that move to act, but are cut down before they can react to your presence. In the corner is an old tattered robe; the only other thing of interest is what isn't here. The sarcophagus has been thrown open, and the body inside removed.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Marcoul runs a cool eye over the sarcophagus and robe, looking for any religious significance that might be associated with the crypt.

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"Intriguing that the risen dead would be found in a place such as Sandpoint graveyard. Usually they are found in places that are not nearly so well maintained."

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Marcoul:
It takes some time to click in your tired mind, but the many symbols of Desna around both the interior and the exterior along with a definitely better quality than average sarcophagus and mausoleum eventually let you put it all together with the snippets you've heard throughout the day. Ezekian Tobyn was the priest in charge of the old chapel when it burnt down, killing him and his adopted daughter as it did so. When you go to examine the robe, it looks like a dinghy old robe until you pick it up, at which point you see places that seem like they had some kind of patch at one time, but the patches are no longer there. If you detect magic, it has a very faint magical aura that is too faint to determine any further details about, and getting fainter by the minute; you think that by the time you could get it to anyone else to inspect, the aura would be completely gone.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Hrm, thats interesting... With one of his elegantly polished boots Marcoul shifts the robe around peering at it with interest. Sweeping his pentagram over the robe he mutters a prayer, his eyes glowing with power for a split second before they return to back to a soft brown hue.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

"What is interesting?" Thandion says moving over to look over Marcoul's shoulder.

Are there goblin foot prints in the dust? survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


There are a few footprints intact enough to study, and they are not goblin, but rather from medium sized humanoids. More detail than that is unclear as there isn't that much dust in here, it being a fairly popular place to make offering and prayers.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Knowledge (local) on Ezekien Tobyn
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Severus looks within the mausoleum briefly, runs a finger along a dusty edge and brushes the dust off his fingers to the floor.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Pavro glances about guiltily, fairly sure he has done sacriligeous things in this mausoleum at some point.


Severus:
From what you know, the man was well liked by both the new settlers and the Shoanti, something that even now is a noteworthy trait. Aside from that, he obviously worshiped Desna personally, though he oversaw the operations of the chapel as a whole as well. He adopted his aasimar daughter Nualia when she was found as a young child. After the great fire, both he and his daughter were buried here. You note that a second smaller sarcophagus tucked away in the corner has not been disturbed.


Pavro, see the stuff for Severus.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

"Hmmm, it would seem, then.... that someone or something is attempting to recreate the fire that destroyed the old cathedral. Perhaps it is the same force which destroyed the old one. But that is only speculation at this point."

Severus speaks quietly in the mausoleum.

"Perhaps we should inspect the new cathedral for any signs of tampering or explosives?"

Sense Motive
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"But why they would need the body of the old cathedral's patron is beyond me, unless they wish to use the corpse in a necromantic ritual."

Although he is already aware of the two skeletons that had briefly acted as guardians, he looks carefully around the casket for any signs of arcane material components.

Knowledge (Arcane)
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Perception (take 20)
20 + 7 = 27
Spellcraft (take 10)
10 + 8 = 18


Severus:
It looks like someone broke open the sarcophagus, took the body, and left. Whatever they plan on doing with the body, they clearly had no intention of doing it here. There is equally no apparent reason why they took this body over any of the others in the cemetery. There is no immediate indication of how the skeletons came to be here.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

"There is nothing here. No spells have been cast that I can sense. The body was simply taken, the guardian skeletons here for no apparent purpose. At least none that I can gather."

Severus strokes his beard in thought and his brow furrows in confusion.

"I am delighted to say that it is a genuine mystery."


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro frowns,

"So why would they want Father Tobyn's remains specifically? Does taking a Priest's remains get you extra desecration points? Is that why they would need his body? Or could it be someone who knew him? If so why wait until now? Its a puzzler and no mistake - we'd probably think better drunk?"


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Hmm... Avian scratches his neck in thought. Why would the graverobbers leave guardian skeletons behind? They could have just took the body, re-covered the sarcophagus, and shut the doors, and no one would have been any the wiser they had been here. Reckon they're coming back? Someone lend me a light,

Avian turns around quickly with a swish of his cloak, taking the light (if offered) in his off hand, pistol still drawn in the other, and rushes to the door of the mausoleum to look for any signs an ambush is coming.

Perception Check 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 1 = 16


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion turns to Severus "I think you are probably correct, I can't think of many reasons to steal a old corpse other than a necromantic ritual and the presence of the skeletons support that idea. I doubt any one knows, but do you get a more powerful undead if you make it from the remains of a powerful person? Or perhaps the remains of someone who died in fire?" he muses.
"This theft looks too well organised to be someone taking advantage of the chaos to me. If that is the case then this might have been the purpose of the goblin attack. However I can't see the signs of goblins in here, which to me supports pavro's idea that this attack was organised from within Sandpoint. That all said it does seem like a lot of effort and death just steal a body that could have been stolen by stealth more easily. Perhaps this was just one of the objectives of the chaos." Thansion says shaking his head.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

"I suppose we should tell the Sheriff. I'm afraid I don't know enough about dark arts or the undead to give any insight. At least we can let him know about the crime. He might be able to shed some light on the subject. Perhaps Father Tobyn had enemies...?"


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

"Well I say let's just head back and tell the Sheriff everything, maybe he'll have some idea what the point of this was. Maybe it had something to do with his adopted daughter? Her coffin has been left alone, I don't know who her parents were, maybe they were angry about her death? Perhaps they could want vengeance on Father Tobyn, and on Sandpoint?" Pavro says, shrugging.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

VoW: With my detect magic and spellcraft check was I able to tell what auras were present on the robe, and if it had been a magic item with charges that had been expened what was the item?

Forgive me if it seems that I am muddling in local politics, but from what I can gather from this tomb, this is the resting place of Father Ezekian Tobyn, who died following the destruction of Sandpoints previous temple. His adopted daughter was also killed in the blaze, yes? And the theft of his corpse occurs on the very day that the new Chapel was to be consecrated. Clearly this was linked. Do we know where his daughter was buried at, and since I am new to the area, what was her name? If we do know where she was buried at, then it would wise to see if her corpse was also disturbed.

Turning towards Thandion Maroul rubs his chin and points towards the vestments laying on the floor. "When we arrived at the tomb, I detected several faint magical signatures on the clothing but they are gone now." Thoughtfully Maroul considers Thandion's question concerning rituals and sacrifices. "I know a little of such rituals, and I will be the first to say that I do not practice such things." Not on people at least. "From what I do know however, I can imagine that a well respected priest of the light's body could be used for several heinous acts, but it would all depend on the context of the matter and if the body was to be used in a divine or arcane ritual. I really don't have enough information at this time for further speculation."


Someone finally brought up Nualia. You were not able to determine the specific aura or the item. I rolled any of the checks you didn't, and they weren't quite high enough. However, given the lack of any other leads, you think it is quite possible the skeletons somehow are linked to the robes. It's at least a good a theory as any other you currently can develop.

Nualia, or what little is left of her believed remains, rests in the corner in an undisturbed sarcophagus.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro pulls a face, "I don't think its been disturbed, but you are probably right. I'll take a look, probably best for a local to do it,"

so saying he moves forward and attempts to open the small sarcophagus, looking decidely unenthused by the propsect.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Sensing his intent, Marcoul quickly steps upto Pavo raising his hands in placating gesture. "I fear that you mistake my intent young sir!" Cries Marcoul. "It seems clear that the tomb has not been observed, and I have no wish to ruin your traditions and sensibilities. I was not suggesting that we unearth the corpse, at least not without the permission of the Sherriff. To take it upon ourselves would be reprehensible."


Starting to really feel tired, you head over to the garrison to fill the sheriff in on what you have found. He looks up from his desk as you enter,"What have you to report? If nothing, don't be ashamed; in this case, that would be a good thing."


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion smiles grimly "Unfortunately no, Father Ezekian Tobyn tomb has been disturbed and his body is gone. It looked well prepared and organised thift, not the work of drunken teenagers. In replacement for him were two animated skeletons. Marcoul here founds some more but I'll leave him to explain."


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

"Easier to ask forgivness than permission, besides I'm sure Father Tobyn would want us to take every precaution when it came to the possibility he or his daughter were being used to bring back the evil dead" Pavro says attempting to open the small casket anyway.

Later

"Looks like someone broke into Father Tobyn's mausoleum, left a couple of skeletons - undead not regular skeletons. The took the late Father's remains, and left a cloak which Marcoul here detected some magical auras on - though nobody was able to see anything more," Pavro informs the Sheriff.

"I opened up his daughter's coffin, justto be sure nothing had been taken from there, as respectfully as I'm capable of. If there's ever a chance of a bit of me being taken for some unholy ritual I'd want someone to do the same for me."


When you open the other sarcophagus, you find the barely intact badly charred remains of a young female. The remains do not seem to have been disturbed any time lately.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

"Happily her remains remained intact, and apparently undisturbed. So it does seem to have been Father Tobyn's body they wanted specifically. Maybe we can take that as a sign that its something to do with his status as a priest rather than him as a person to - I'm sure desecrating his childs remains would have been more of a blow to him than his own," Pavro concludes thoughtfully.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

"There is also the strong possibility that the goblin attacks are related to this event. Perhaps they were a distraction that allowed the thief access to the tomb. Or perhaps the goblins are working in cohesion with the grave robber."


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors frowns. "I don't claim to be any sort of great thinker, but seems like all the to-do of the festival would have been plenty enough distraction for robbing a grave. Organizing a goblin attack on top of that just seems plain malicious."


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

I've got little to add to their report, as I don't have a drop of magic in my blood and know little in the way of the undead, but I believe the robbers were interrupted, as there was no effort to cover their tracks and undead skeletons guarded the door. Would it be prudent to move Nualia's coffin to keep it safe? I fear the robbers may return to take the little girl's body, too.


The sheriff just looks tired as he takes in your report. "Not good, whatever the details may be. Still, at least we know what happened. For now get some sleep, you have certainly earned it. For those of you who aren't local, if you would be willing to stick around for a few days until our local ranger gets back with her report, I would appreciate it, as your aid may be required again, and it may take me a day or two to arrange a proper reward. I have no doubt that you will find the locals accommodating, at least for most things (that last bit was directed toward Marcoul), and friendly after tonight's events."

General Sandpoint information is up on the campaign tab. If there is anything or anyone in particular you want to deal with, let me know. Otherwise, I will find ways to keep your characters at least partially occupied for the next few days.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

After getting a good night's rest...

Severus wants to examine the seven pillars, and also look through the new cathedral for any signs of structural hazard, sabotage, or arson.

Perception (Take 20)
20 + 7 = 27

Knowledge (History) (10)
10 + 13 = 23

Knowledge (Engineering) (10)
10 + 5 = 15

As a heads up to everyone, I'll be out of town Wednesday through Sunday, though I will have my i-pad with me.


At breakfast
As the non-locals gather for breakfast in the common room of the Rusty Dragon, they find that others are in there as well, and their conversation is constantly interrupted by various comments and questions regarding their participation in the previous night's events. Amongst them, however, is not Aldern, who presumably is still sleeping off his portion of the last's night events. Ameiko tells the party members that they have earned free room and board at the Rusty Dragon for life. Prominent amongst the others in the room is a table next to the party's where a group of mercenary looking type men are sitting, all a bit pale, and you hear constant references to "Whose grand idea was it?", "That water was the worst thing I've ever seen, and I've seen some pretty bad drink", and "Can we please change the subject? My stomach still wants to puke a bit". It would appear, after some listening, that the whole group of them managed to goad each other into attempting the challenge at the Hagfish across town of trying to win the prize for drinking a mug of water from Nora's tank. It clearly did not end well, though you suspect that it might make it a bit easier for the next brave soul if it happens in the next couple of days, as there are enough of them, Quinn might have actually had to put some comparatively fresh water in the tank to keep it full.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus also will tell the others what he knows about the noble they met the previous night. (Check the spoiler for Severus above)


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Avian will buy some supplies from the market and spend the day crafting 7 bullets and 7 doses of black powder (7.7 gp worth) to replace the ammunition he used during the previous night's fights. He'll spend the rest of the time exploring the city, looking for clues (especially the square where the attack happened and the cemetery and talking to folks to see if anyone knows anything the party doesn't already about the goblin attacks.

Diplomacy to Gather Information: I'll take 20 if I can, but if not here's a roll 1d20 ⇒ 14
Perception Check: Again, I'll take 20 if I can, otherwise here's a roll 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors will take Ameiko's offer to heart this morning and have a large breakfast and a mug of coffee to perk up after along night. He pulls out his journal and jots down his thoughts about the festival and the attack between mouthfuls of food.

Once he's checked on Evelina's plans for the day, he'll make his way to the cathedral for prayer, and then over to the cemetery for a good look around in the daylight, to see if he can't find some trace of the graverobbers and where they might have carted a coffin.

Perception & Survival (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro to sleeps over at the Rusty Dragon, something he does quite frequently being close friends with Ameiko - who has the rare distinction of being virtually the only attractive woman he will not attempt to seduce. For once Aressa stays with him and accompanies him down to the common room the next morning, well its more like noon, with the forced genial smile of someone trying too hard, and taking care not to show any razor sharp fangs,

"Oh yes, this is Aressa, she's my eidolon which means she obeys my commands and shares my good feeling for Sandpoint. There's really no need to be scared of her, she's a hero killed a half dozen goblins on her own - but only at my command she's very gentle by nature aren't you 'Ress," Pavro says grinning broadly and patting Aressa on the head propriatorily.

"I do not wish harm to anyone in Sandpoint who is not a goblin or a chicken," Aressa offers, with a thin smile, obviously trying her best to look harmless.

"You see while you were all scorning me as a wastrel I was infact focusing my mind upon the mental rigors of magic. Thankfully I had, and I lead Aressa and my new found friends, well maybe not lead - guided? - to a victory against a small horde of goblins! There must have been close to twenty of the leering monsters, but we darted a wove, as blades and arrows flew, Aressa's claws gleamed wet with goblin blood, and my magics confounded the enemy. Then we were beset by more terrible creatures still! Hobgoblins armed to the teeth and bigger than a man..."

Diplomacy Pavro: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Bluff Pavro: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

In between retellings of their battles, with the goblin numbers growing each time, Pavro approaches Ameiko with the goods the party got from their encounters and wheedles away at the Rusty Dragon's proprieter until he is happy with the price she offers.

Pavro spends the day trying to come across as heroic, and trying to ensure Aressa is as welcome around Sandpoint as possible.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Just so you know, Pavro, eidolons return to their home plane when the summoner falls unconscious. Sorry if you already knew, I just got the impression Aressa was staying through the night. :)


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Good point, I knew that, but wasn't really thinking about it. We'll just assume he summoned her again when he woke :)


Severus
The stones are in and of themselves rather quiet as to their story and origins. They are old, ancient, well weathered stones that have been ground smooth by Father Time and his associates. The cathedral does not seem to have been a target of last night's raid in any way shape or form. You eventually seek out Brodark Quint to get more insight on his radical theories. Finding him at home amongst his books, he gladly shares his theories that the Old Light is actually the remains of an ancient weapon, and that somehow the stones were tied to it, though he hasn't been able to discern precisely how.

Avian and Vors
Your investigations don't really yield much until you reexamine the cemetery. You can get plenty of confirmation on what happened, but next to nothing on why. The cemetery is a bit more helpful as you are able to spot places along the wall where ladders had been set, but you get no further clues as to why this happened.

Pavro & Aressa
The reaction to Aressa is not at all what you expected. It turns out that the supposed secret was as about as well kept as the fling between the sheriff and the mistress who ran the local brothel. Most people are mildly curious at first, but after the first glance and confirmation of her existence, they don't really react to her. Between the sheriff, Ameiko, Daverin Hosk, the owner of the Goblin Squash stables and well known hater and tormentor of goblins, and various of the travelers looking for trinkets and such, Pavro is eventually able to pawn off all of the stuff the goblins had on them for more than most would have been able to get. His stories of bravery and courage receive mostly the same reaction that Aressa does. While no one doubts that the basic story, they don't really listen all that much to the details; too many of the locals know Pavro too well to view him as an entirely reliable source of news, even if they do find his tales entertaining enough. He does get some attention from the young ladies, but no more than usual.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Having already been staying at the Rusty Dragon, Marcoul kindly accepts the offer of free room and board for the remainder of his stay. In the morning he rises and conducts his devotions before heading out to find Sheriff Hemlock.

"Sheriff" Marcoul announces, giving a short perfunctory bow. "I wonder, have you considered sending to Magmadar with a request for more guards? Between the Goblin raids and the potential threat of an attack by Giants, I believe that it would most prudent. I understand that members of my faith are not the most well regarded, but you know that we are strict adherents to the law. I plan on postponing my departure for several days, while I see to the needs of any wounded villagers, but the fact remains that the Church of Asmodeus has shown itself to be far less draconic then some would attest. I urge you to keep that in mind. Now, back to the matter at hand. If you are planning to send a request for additional guards, I would be pleased if your messenger could bring this letter to my Church in Magmadar. If you are not then I'll find someone else. Again, thank you for your time Sheriff and please consider my offer. Laying the letter on the desk. Marcoul steps way.

The letter explains that Marcoul saw a opportunity to better the reputation of the church within Sandpoint, and will be delaying his return trip due to making additional headway with his original mission.

Following his conversation with the Sheriff, Marcoul will make his way towards the Sandpoint cathedral and offer his services. This morning Marcoul would have prayed for several Cure Light Wounds in order to provide healing for any wounded villagers from the Goblin Raid. He will also make a point to do his healing in a way as to appear compassionate and understanding. Diplomacy and Heal With the intent of earning the trust of the villagers.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Heal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Marcoul
The sheriff listens quietly, "While I am not yet fully decided on the best course of action, I was planning on sending a messenger to Magnimar to start making some related inquiries. I will be sure to send your message as well."

When he gets to the church, he finds that everyone who had been hurt in the attack had been taken care of and sent home already; the attack really didn't cause that many injuries, and most of those that did occur were fairly light. Father Zantus does smile when he sees you though, and motions you to a side room, "I thank you for your efforts last night, and I would ask that you do an old man a favor and listen while I dispense some wisdom I have learned over the years. Evangelizing is far more effective when the people you seek to convert are a willing audience. In the future, you might want to consider putting forth your name and actions first, and allow others the opportunity to ask, or not, as they see fit, the name of the god you seek and the ideals you follow. You need not act as if this is an active crusade that requires constant focus. The people around here are simple folk; if you do good works and are a good man, they will ask about your beliefs in good time. In the mean time, you will convince far more people of your intention and worth with your actions than with any amount of words you might speak. Patience and calm will get you much farther than demands to immediate action and change. You are not obligated to follow my advice, of course, but over the years of tending to the flocks of multiple faiths, it has become clear to me that what actions are taken is far more important than quibbling over what deity inspired them. There is room enough for any who are willing to look beyond the individual faith of others around them, and focus on their actions and deeds." His advice dispensed, he wishes you a good day, and returns to his duties.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Sorry about the slow posting work is a bit crazy currently. On that topic I'm away this weekend on work. I might or might not have phone reception to post. This will be a brief too as I'm on my phone, more substancal post when i get time on the computer..
Thandion will send the chatting with locals in order to gather news (or gossip).

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Nodding, Marcoul considers Father Zantus's words carefully. "What you say carries much wisdom Father." Frowning Marcoul organizes his thoughts trying to lay out the rationale behind them. "Father, have you ever treated an infected wound? Something with so much rot that you must be proactive or risk losing the whole of the man rather than the limb?" Pinching the top of his nose Marcoul closes his eyes before continuing. My Lord does not have the best reputation, we both know this. He is regarded as a trickster and a manipulator. Despite the fact that he imprisoned the rough beast, or that all of your gods have worked with him towards great deeds in the past, he is still reviled. It is because of that reputation that I feel I have to act first. We are different, you and I. But I respect your words, and will consider them. Ah I almost forgot th question I wanted to ask you. What can you tell me about Father Tobyn and his adopted daughter Nualia? Rising, Marcoul gives a shallow but polite bow. As he turns to leave, he pauses in mid step and looks back at Zantus. I respect the power that your gods hold Father, and I hope in time you will allow an alter to My god within this temple. With a quick nod towards the priest Marcoul steps out of the Cathedral, steps echoing in throughout the grand space, and into the sunlight beyond.

Let me see what my new acquaintances are upto.


Marcoul
"You do have a point, but interrupting people's day to day business may not be the best time to strike. Save the converting for the occasional long evening around the fire, and find other things to discuss during the day. You will find it much easier to get people to listen to you if you can talk about something other than religion on a regular basis. While it is unlikely that Asmodeus will find a place in this building any time soon, due to the fact that people can barely agree on having these six under the same roof and adding a seventh would be problematic regardless of the deity involved, it is not impossible that he may yet find acceptance and a permanent place somewhere in Sandpoint. As for Father Tobyn and his daughter, they were good people, and the loss of Father Tobyn's body is a blow that hopefully can be paid back in full once the situation becomes clearer. He helped found this town, and laid the foundation for the cooperation you see today; he would find your efforts interesting, to say the least." He nods as Marcoul departs before returning to his own duties.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion will memorize shield and true strike again this morning.

Then Thandion wandered the stalls in the market and chatting with shop keepers and shoppers about the what he has missed in the happenings of the town. Gather information: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6.

Around midday he'll pickup some food and head down to the watch house to catchup with old friends over lunch. Then see Sheriff Hemlock "Good afternon Belor. I was wondering if any of the goblins managed to survive last night and if they had been questioned?"


None of the goblins that lived were able to give any useful information.

The day passes by uneventfully; as each of the party members goes about their business, they occasionally have someone come up and hand them a trinket, coin, or some other object of worth. They are each in turn approached by Cyrdak Drokkus, the owner of the local theater, who invites them to dinner at the Cracktooth's Tavern to share their story with him so that he could properly record the events of the evening prior for all of posterity. If anyone tries to say no, he bugs them until they change their mind. The dinner is pleasant, and the party is about to break up for the evening when a commotion breaks out in the common room. Upon investigation, you find Lonjiku Kaijitsu demanding more drink for the waitress and the barkeep, a rough looking man with the name of Lesk Berinni is moving to intervene with the stubborn, and clearly extremely drunk, patriarch.

What, if anything, do any of you do regarding the scene in front of you?


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Avian was in the middle of sneaking Amadeus a bit of turkey bone under the table when he hears the din and inclines his bird-like head toward the commotion.

Sense Motive check to ascertain whether Lonjiku is about to get violent on the waitress or just merely obnoxious 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Everything alright, ma'am? Avian calls, while he ascertains the situation.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors frowns at the elder man's behavior, leaving his seat with mug in hand, as if heading to the bar for a refill. As Avian calls out, he'll slow a bit, waiting to see what the response is.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro rises and saunters over, with Aressa padding along at his side,

"Heya Lesk, what's the problem? Oh I see, could you let me try something, before anything happens we'd all regret in the morning? Thanks."

Diplomacy to Lesk: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

"Pardon me Master Lonjiku, but might I say I am sure you have far finer vintages back at your estate than are offered here. I'm sure you've had enough of the boorish behavior here, perhaps I could escort you home - we of the founding families have to support each other afterall, I'd be fascinated to here of the founding from your own perspective, my Aunt tends to be too plain spoken to weave an evocative tale."

Diplomacy to Lonjiku: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

201 to 250 of 1,257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.