Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


8,151 to 8,200 of 13,603 << first < prev | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | next > last >>

@ Dyrant:
The usual. DR/magic. SR. Immunity to acid, paralysis, sleep.

Focused on getting away, Toffitt doesn't find a soft spot on the dragon again , but he does manage to tumble away.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Cog is still commanded to "Guard Atol" so he's probably standing next to Atol. Glimmil has been on foot with hook-hammer and shield.

Round 1

Feeling the tingling sensation that Glimmil has come to identify as the presence of evil, he nods to himself to confirm he's about to face another big, bad do-badder.

Watching as Toffitt zooms into the room, Glimmil feels further inspired by the doctor's bravery.

Such a smart man! He must have a plan to be rushing in so quickly!

"OK Mister Dragon, it's time you met the Cauldron Five Point Two!"

Swift action to begin Smite Evil. To AP,55

Glimmil rushes up to the dragon, swinging the pointy side of his hammer at the dragon's clawed foot.

Glimmil attack (+1 hook-hammer, power, smite, charge, bless): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 28 for 1d4 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 12 = 24

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP: 72/72
AC: 27 (+2 from Prot f Evil? Is that still active? +3 from Smite, -2 from Charging)

Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ] Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4
Cavalier Challenge Left: 1/1
Active Spells: None

Cog Status:
HP 42/42
AC 29 (+2 from Dyrant if he moved it back?)


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Initiative 24, Location AP60->AO59

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con, Resist Energy (Acid)
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Atol, Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 3/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist
2) Spiritual Weapon
3)

Still invisible, Atol converts a Hold Person to a healing spell, Cure Moderate Wounds for 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 = 15 on Dr. Toffitt. He then creeps up a little closer to the action.

I think he can just see the edge of the dragon from here, so...

Willpower 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 vs DC 19 or be shaken with fear


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 2 Init 25

Status:

HP = 61/61
AC = 24/11/24
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 0/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 2/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 4/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Shield, Resist Energy: Electricity, Resist Energy: Acid, Bless

Will DC 19: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20

Unmoved by the dragon's taunts or size, Finneas swings again.

Greatsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 292d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 1) + 13 = 16
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 282d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 4) + 13 = 20


Glimmil enters the fray and puts the hook of his hammer through the foot of the dragon. Finneas follows up with an awesome display of power and cuts deeply into the dragon. Then the dragon takes its turn against Finneas. Again, it rips flesh from a party member with its bite. The claws rake Finneas and he is unable to duck the wings that knock him about until the powerful tail comes and tries to take his head off.

"Run little man, run! I will kill the big one first."

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29 - bite
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25 - claw
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 - claw
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31 - wing
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 - wing
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25 - tail
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
6 attacks. 6 hits. 46 Total Damage

Round 1
Dyrant = 6 -
Glimmil = 5
Round 2
Finneas = 25+ -
Toffitt = 25 -
Atol = 24 -
Dragon = 20 (19+24+36=79 damage taken)

New Map


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 3, Init 25- {>AQ53}

"Finneas, hold up for a moment."

Toffitt heals a bit more and drinks a light curative elixir, and then tumbles back into flank.

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, expeditious retreat, shield (4), fatigued, shaken

Init +7 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12
AC 26 (14 touch; 22 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
CMB +9 CMD 22
HP 49 (16 + 15 + 13 + 5)/49
Fort +11 Reflex +12 Will +7 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped SHIELD spell
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 20hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas) USED
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds USED
- Expeditious retreat ACTIVE
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation USED
- Invisibility USED
- Alchemical allocation USED
Wand of Shield 27 charges
Slippers of spider climbing 5 of 10 min. used (1)

CLW 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Acrobatics 1d20 + 15 + 2 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 2 - 2 - 1 = 33


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Initiative 24, Location AO59->AP57

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con, Resist Energy (Acid)
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Atol, Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 3/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist
2)
3)

Hearing the crunching sound that Finneas makes when he's being eaten, Atol moves into the room and heals Finneas (converting a Spiritual Weapon), Cure Moderate Wounds for 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 6) + 6 = 19. Though still invisible, Atol cowers at the sheer damaging awesomeness of the dragon.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 2, Init 6

Dyrant squints at the dragon, truly understanding that the Cauldron 5.2 cannot stand against the dragon for too long, and their chances of winning like squarely on the shoulders of a little brave gnome(again).

Dyrant smiles for the gnome has yet to fail them yet.

Dyrant squints harder at the dragon, seeking to weaken its resolve with the divine symbol of St. Cuthbert.

(8 rounds/1round on Will save DC 18) Inflict penalties (-2 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -2 on all its AC.

Aralynn, oh brave servant of light, 5' steps forward to touch the dragon, delivering a holy shock.

1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 touch to hit;
1d20 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 6 = 25 SR check.
5d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 1, 2) = 17 electrical damage.

"Strike now, Glim!"


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 3 Init 25+

Status:

HP = 34/61
AC = 24/11/24
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 0/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 2/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 4/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Shield, Resist Energy: Electricity, Resist Energy: Acid, Bless

Unafraid but worse for wear Finneas swings at the dragon again before moving back.

Swing then 5' step to AP57, or AQ if AP is full.

Greatsword Power Attack Bless: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 252d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 6) + 13 = 25


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 2, Init 6 REDUX

Dyrant squints at the dragon, truly understanding that the Cauldron 5.2 cannot stand against the dragon for too long, and their chances of winning like squarely on the shoulders of a little brave gnome(again).

Dyrant smiles for the gnome has yet to fail them yet.

Dyrant squints harder at the dragon, seeking to weaken its resolve with the divine symbol of St. Cuthbert.

(8 rounds/1round on Will save DC 18) Inflict penalties (-2 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -2 on all its AC.

Aralynn, oh brave servant of light, moves forward to touch the dragon, delivering a holy shock (provoking).

1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 touch to hit;
1d20 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 SR check.
5d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 1, 2) = 17 electrical damage.

"Strike now, Glim!"


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Hey! Dragon! Leave Finn alone! Bite me!"

Glimmil swings the spike of his hammer at the dragon's other foot.

Glimmil attack (+1 hook-hammer, power, smite, bless): 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 1 + 3 = 28 for 1d4 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 6 = 16

Glimmil attack #2 (+1 hook-hammer, power, smite, bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 3 = 15 for 1d4 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 6 = 17


The party has a good round and hits the dragon several more times. Finneas takes a step back, bumping into Atol and moving to AQ-57 instead. Unfortunately, the dragon's good luck also continues. It takes a 5' step and batters Finneas until he drops and then slaps him with his tail for good measure.

"Now should I kill the small one, the little one, or the tiny one?"
Round 2
Dyrant = 6 - hex. Aralynn misses.
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 - fails save
Glimmil = 5 - hits for 16
Round 3
Finneas = 25+ - hits for
Toffitt = 25 - Heal, acrobatics in
Atol = 24 - Heals Finneas for 19
Dragon = 20 (19+24+36+16+25=120 damage taken)

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30 - bite Finneas
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13 -
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37 - claw 1 Finneas
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 +13 =17 dmg
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30 - confirm claw Finneas
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 +17 = 23 dmg
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33 - claw 2
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 +23 = 26 dmg
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 - wing 1
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 +26 = 33 dmg
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33 - wing 2
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 +33 = 41 dmg and Finneas drops
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32 - tail
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 = 44 dmg

New Map

Round 3
Dyrant = 6 -
Glimmil = 5
Round 4
Finneas = 25+ -
Toffitt = 25 -
Atol = 24 -


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 4, Init 25-

Oops, didn't note that the new positioning might make flanking awkward. Glim, you could delay and take Toffitt's position as he tumbles over to stand over Finneas...? Or whatever.

"Finneas! Atol! Glim, stand over him, won't you?"

Toffitt readies for Glimmil to step into flank if he hasn't already, and then strikes for the beast's heart.

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism, expeditious retreat, shield (5), fatigued, shaken

Init +7 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12
AC 26 (14 touch; 22 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
CMB +7 CMD 22
HP 49/49
Fort +12 Reflex +13 Will +7 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Dueling blade
Shield Equipped SHIELD spell
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 10hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas) USED
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- Expeditious retreat ACTIVE
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation USED
- Invisibility USED
- Alchemical allocation USED
Wand of Shield 27 charges
Slippers of spider climbing 5 of 10 min. used (1)

Dueling blade 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 - 2 = 27
1d8 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (5, 5, 5) = 18


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

If necessary, Toffitt will offer his space to a delayed Glim and tumble over next to Finn.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 2 + 2 = 30


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 3, Init 6

"C'mon now Aralynn, touch that thing," Dyrant yells.

1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17 touch to hit;
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 SR Check;
5d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 6, 6, 4) = 23 electrical damage.

After releasing its charge, Aralynn will 5' float closer to Finn.

Dyrant will low float to AN58 and glare at the dragon a second time, boldly holding out his symbol.

(8 rounds/1round on Will save DC 18) Inflict penalties (-2 to AC, attacks, saves, or skills). Choosing -2 on all its attacks.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 4, Initiative 24, Location AP57->AO56

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con, Resist Energy (Acid)
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Atol, Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 3/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Obscuring Mist
2)
3)

To make sure he survives, Atol converts a Command spell to heal Finneas a bit, Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13. He then 5' steps back, still invisible, behind Glimmil.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Delay to Toffit, then to AQ,54

"Of course, Doc! Oh no! Finn---!"

Glimmil watches as the half-orc once again gets the brunt of an enemy's assaults, wondering what he could do to ensure he's the focus of its attacks.

"Hey! Dragon! I bet your mom was a troglodime! Errr, troglodent... errr troglo--- whatever!"

That'll do it! Garl would be proud of my wit!

Swift action to issue cavalier challenge. Continuing to use the hook side hoping for a nice X4 crit.

Glimmil attack (+1 hook-hammer, power, smite, bless, flank): 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 36 for 1d4 + 8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 6 + 1 = 19

Glimmil attack #2 (+1 hook-hammer, power, smite, bless, flank): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 22 for 1d4 + 8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 6 + 1 = 16

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP: 72/72
AC: 32 (+3 from Smite, +3 Toffitt's Barkskin, +2 from Prot f/Evil if thats still up)
OR 30 (+3 from Smite, +3 Toffitt's Barkskin)

Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ] Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4
Cavalier Challenge Left: 0/1
Active Spells: None

Cog Status:
HP 42/42
AC 29 (+2 from Dyrant if he moved it back?)


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 4 Init 25+

Status:

HP = 3/61
AC = 24/11/24
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 0/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 2/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 4/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Shield, Resist Energy: Electricity, Resist Energy: Acid, Bless

Finding himself useless in combat yet again Finneas wakes up at the feet of the dragon. Knowing it will do him no good as he is surely set to die again, he attempts to heal himself while waiting for Kord to claim him.

Defensively cast CMW: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 92d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11

Failing even at this he closes his eyes and waits.


Aralynn delivers the shocking grasp and Glimmil follows up with his hammer and the dragon slumps to the ground next to Finneas.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas opens his eyes.

"Dyrant? Atol? Glimmil!? What are you doing here? And Doctor? Did you all convert to Kord after I died? Was my sacrifice enough to inspire you? Cog, I always knew you where a Kordite. So brave."

Finneas looks around and then stands up.

"Ow...ok, never mind, I'm still in pain and not dead."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Status:
Atol HP: 37/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con, Resist Energy (Acid)
Channel Energy Left: 1/7
Healing Touch: Atol, Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 3/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1)
2)
3)

Atol converts an Obscuring Mist to heal Finneas further, Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6. ...and to top everyone off (and help Finneas out of the hole) he channels energy for 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 3) = 9 worth of healing (careful to avoid the dragon of course - just in case).


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Well. Dyrant, I owe you an apology. It appears not even a... youngish dragon can withstand the might of the Cauldron Five. Nicely done, friends. Finneas, I'm glad you didn't die again."

Toffitt beams as he searches the dragon's lair carefully.

Perception take 20 = 33


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant huzzahs as the dragon falls, mostly from stabs in the big toe from a small gnomish pinpricker, and flies to the dragon's head to ensure that the beast does not rise again.

Drawing his mighty war club of battle and behumblement, Dyrant will coup de club the beast.

2d6 - 4 ⇒ (2, 3) - 4 = 1 *lethal* damage.

Dyrant clubs again, just to make sure.

2d6 - 4 ⇒ (5, 1) - 4 = 2 *lethal* damage.

There! I'm sure it's dead now. Just like Finn would do it! Dyrant thinks as he huffs and puffs after the exertion.

Now that the beast is truly dead, Dyrant will take out his sketchbook and draw the dragon, the altar, the room, the treasure and whatever else seems interesting to him at the time (and also what might be educational to others in the future).

"Yeah see that, Atol. See them scales? Not sure how old this dragon was, but my, what nice scales, eh?" Dyrant looks to remove a few scales for study, before pausing. "Finn? Were you going to skin this one too for some new armor? Might be fancy and all that."

* * *
"No worries, Doctor. We have faith and that is all that is really needed."

When the fun of the dragon is over, Dyrant will examine the altar in detail, then cast Detect Magic and do a thorough search of the room.


The party looks around the room and finds the following:

60 platinum pieces
800 gold pieces
1,100 silver pieces
400 copper pieces
Finely wrought electrum bracers
Four sets of silver flatware
Three rubies
Two emeralds
One diamond

Items that detect as magical:
Scroll
Scroll
Scroll
Wand
Potion
Potion
Potion
Oil
Rod
Vestments


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt sees Dyrant trying to coup de grace the dragon with his wooden stick, and goes to help cut out the creature's heart.

2d8 + 8 + 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 + (1, 3, 4, 2) = 24

He then sniffs at each of the potions and the oil.

Alchemy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Alchemy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Alchemy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Alchemy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

As the treasure is identified and sorted, Dyrant to crack out a scroll of Identify, cast Read Magic, cast Detect Magic and go to town. During the process he will talk aloud about the different dweomers and auras coming off the items and often take time to speak with Aralynn about the different magics that were assuredly involved in creating the items.

1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 10 = 33 Spellcraft on Scroll #1
1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 10 = 32 Spellcraft on Scroll #2
1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 10 = 39 Spellcraft on Scroll #3
1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 10 = 30 Spellcraft on Wand
1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 10 = 26 Spellcraft on Potion #1
1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 10 = 28 Spellcraft on Potion #2
1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 10 = 29 Spellcraft on Potion #3
1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 10 = 37 Spellcraft on Oil
1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 10 = 40 Spellcraft on Rod
1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 10 = 36 Spellcraft on Vestments


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

As the dragon keels over from it's copious wounds, Glimmil leaps onto it and joins the others with a final "just to be sure" spiking.

"Huzzah! No evil is too evil for us to beat! Right guys?!"

Glimmil leaps down from the dragon and tries to find an easy way to get the guts off his hammer before finally deciding to simply drag it around against the ground for a bit.

"Although, it's starting to feel like defeating dragons is all the rage now - everyone's doing it. Heck, I bet even a party of a bunch of drunk dwarves and girlish elves could defeat one of these things!"

Glimmil gives the dragon a quick look and erupts into a flurry of questions, clearly overstimulated by the epic battle.

"Yeah, but this was a tough one right? Did it have a name? Was it a boy or girl dragon? Where do you think it got all this treasure? Should we bring it back to whoever it took it from?"


@ Dyrant/Toffitt

Items that detect as magical:
Scroll - Dismissal
Scroll - Cloudkill
Scroll - Wall of Fire
Wand - See Invisibility - 11 charges
Potion - Cure Moderate Wounds
Potion - Darkvision
Potion - Displacement
Oil - Keen Edge
These two were for Dyrant and Atol, winners of the random treasure this time
Rod - Rod of the Python
Vestments - Cassock of the Clergy


Examinatin of the altar reveals nothing new. Bhal-Hamatugn is nothing but a tomb now.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant hands the scroll of Dismissal to Atol and tries to explain the nuances of the magic therein.

"Atol, listen close. If and when that she-devil reappears, St. Cuthbert has granted us the perfect tool for vanquishing her...forever. It is risky and might not work, but this gives us a fighting chance. Now, in order for it to be most effective, we must join forces to overcome the deviltress...you must wait until I have shaken her confident with the holy might of St. Cuthbert before you read the prayer on this scroll. Only then will we have the best chance of success."

Dyrant pockets the scroll of Couldkill and Wall of Fire, more for the safety of others rather than any real use.

Cloudkill:

Dyrant imagines the Cloudkill in the hands of Atol, Finn, & Glim....

F: "Hey Glim! You're pretty tough, right? Do you think you survive this?"
G: "Uhm, probably...I'm very heroic!"
A: starts eating scroll
F: "No! Atol! Don't eat...we need it. We're going to test Glim's worthiness to Kord."
G: "Yeah, Garl loves it when we test ourselves like this. It's very tricksy!"
F: "Okay. We should probably close the door to this room while we do this lest Dyrant get mad at us or something."
A: "I want to garden."
G: "Later, Atol. We're being brave first!"
F: ::somehow casts Cloudkill on Glim in enclosed space::

Dyrant chuckles to himself.

Dyrant hands out the potions to whomever wants them (he does want the darkvision for himself, if no one else does), and pockets the wand into his haversack. He will help pack up the rest of the loot as needed.

"I think we are done here? Is there anything that we have missed? Doctor? Finn? Have we vanquished all we can vanquish? If so, let us get away from here and back to our other campground for a night's recovery and recuperation."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol will take the scroll, and would very much like the Cassock of the Clergy as well. Very much.

"Oh, oh, oh - is that a Cassock of the Clergy? I'd hoped to see one of those someday. Let me hold it, if only for a moment. Oooohhh. So soft." He looks to the others. "So, er, uh, can I keep it?"

---

Later he approaches Dyrant with a serious look. Based on the crumbs on his chest he's been doing a three biscuit think.

"uh. Dyrant? I've been thinking for a while now, and I don't think I'm cut out for the life of a clergy. I mean, I'm definitely a priest," he fingers his phylactery with PRIEST carved on it, "...but I don't think I'm cut out to lead a flock. I think I'm an adventuring priest. I seem to do my best work in the company of the Cauldron Five - and I really struggle with the preaching."

"So, uh, if it's OK with you, I'm just going to keep on doing what I'm doing and not worry about the preaching. I'll leave that to you smarter clergy."

"OK?"

Atol looks hopefully at Dyrant, hoping he's made himself clear... and hoping even more for permission to undertake his chosen path.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

That cassock fits him well. He was born to wear such things.

Dyrant looks at Atol and smiles weakly. Perhaps he is moved by Atol's words or the effect of the new cassock, one cannot be too sure, but Dyrant takes a moment before replying.

"Atol, I have failed more in St. Cuthbert's eyes than I can count. Truth be told, I'm not worthy to judge your path to him nor the choices you make to get there. Clearly, he favors us both and since he has forgiven me for all my failures, I'm sure that if this is the wrong choice for you, he would forgive you as well. But I trust you will make the right decision, Atol. You are wise and can see your own path now."

Dyrant offers Atol a hug, a small tear in his eye.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

If Atol accepts Dyrant's embrace:
Toffitt tears up a little as he sees Dyrant and Atol embrace. Perhaps they could have what Carts and I have together...


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol hesitates, unsure of what destiny exactly Dyrant has laid at his feet, but decides in the end it is the right path.

He embraces Dyrant like a brother, a big toothy grin on his face.

I AM a Priest!


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Love! In a dragon's lair, at the end of a day of amphibian slaughter. Abner, this is a strange life you're leading. Toffitt wipes his damp eyes, and then realizes that he almost got black dragon ichor in them.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

As the hug ends, Dyrant pats Atol on the back.

"Come now, let us get back to Cauldron. We have slain a great evil and rescued a dwarfson in the process. Surely Cauldron will be safe for a while. I look forward to some nice gristle-stew, some quiet study, and, of course, returning my ministering."

Dyrant is ready to return.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"I have to work more. Damn dragon dropped me. I wasn't strong enough. Will somebody help me skin this beast? Maybe if I wrap myself in the skins of the creatures that defeat me I'll be harder to hurt?"

Fifth: You know that's an intelligent creature you're going to wear?
So?
Fifth: It's a little barbaric.
Male: Like he ain't barbaric? You're an angel of Kord right?
Fifth: I'm just pointing out there will be implications.
I don't know what that means but I bet I'll look good.
Male: What, ye want frills on it now?
Female: Don't be silly. Perhaps a peplum?


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

I'm soooo tired. I wonder why this trip seemed so exhausting compared to the last one.

Oh yeah, that undead. Sigh, at least I'll be able to get that fixed when I get home!

Atol gathers up his things happy he doesn't have to carry a Dwarf today. He makes ready to leave waiting on the others as needed. Then he loads his heavy pack on his trusted steed and points his way back to Cauldron - and home!

During the trip he absent-mindedly traces St. Cuthberts Holy symbol on his robe in comfort and happiness with what they accomplished. I must try to keep my new robe clean.


The trip back to Cauldron takes more than a week with the animals loaded down with the plunder of Bhal-Hamatugn. Jared is happy is always to see the party and hear of their success. He boasts how his own army has wiped out an enclave of mindflayers as well as a coven of hags. He does this all in his well-stocked rod of wonder pavilion, so the party is likely happy to indulge him.

The rest of the trip is quite uneventful. A couple monsters are seen in the distance, but scurry at the party's approach. With the hide of the black dragon in tow, the party is obviously one not to be mettled with.

No fanfare greets the party when they return. In fact, the entire town seems sullen. The usual guards man their posts, but are supplemented by patrols of half-orcs. There are fewer stalls open and prices seem to have almost doubled. Many citizens greet the party with smiles, but more than one sneers at them.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"I'd be glad to help you skin the beast, finn. I'll just want to gather a few scales. Egads, this creature must have terrible acid reflux. Maybe its skin will protect you from that, too."

Toffitt discusses the treasure briefly with Dyrant, and (based on IM discussion) takes the dragon's wand. He packs any excess treasure into his bag and trudges back to the lake, wary of attacking erinyes.

Perhaps Carts'll have stopped staring at the stars and spend some times looking at me.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

During the journey back, Glimmil opts to investigate Finn's latest near-death experience with him.

"So, um, Finneas...? Remember that shield? I know you're angry at the world and stuff, but these big shinies really can help protect from some of the worst. Like when the dragon swung his right claw at you, right after you swung, and that wing came around -- or the tail after the next swing again from your exposed left side..."

Why did the dragon ignore me? I mean, I insulted its mother!

Glimmil contemplates.

I know, maybe it didn't speak Common! The only language it understood was Finneas' mad shouting, growling and drooling, which it took to be a sign of a male encroaching on its territory. I must try more shouting, growling and grunting next time!

Glimmil attempts a low growl, following by several barks.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Maybe we should buy more of these alchemical beads, so I can make more shielding extracts for Finneas. It would be nice to keep you alive, my friend."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas sighs.

"The shield is very nice Glimmil, I'm happy you got it shined for me, but I haven't figured out how to use my sword in one hand and the shield in the other. If I could make that work it'd be perfect. Is there some kind of magical defense I can use that would help me Doctor? I like your potions but they taste...funny."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Would a little more pig's blood make it more tasty for you, friend? Or would you prefer a spoon full of sugar?" Better your palette squirms than your heart stops, you blessed fool.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant mosies on Gristle Too all the way back to Cauldron, half of the time in animated conversation with Aralynn about various divine, outerplanar, and arcane matters. The used language consists of various burpings and gurglings as the two discuss the intricate matters of life itself.

Aquan:

"People have focused on facultative properties like breathing or moving, and then say if we combine a few of those properties we are close to having defined life, but there are always exceptions," Aralynn gurgles. "What [my idea] does is it turns the whole thing completely upside down. I focus on the minimal absolutely necessary properties and I don't care about any facultative properties."

"This theory and definition will confuse our biological issues even more by their circularity of reasoning," Dyrant counters. "Recognizing something as living depends on criteria derived from known, recent living systems; a bean is a bean because it is bean shaped."

And more blather ensues.

The other half of the journey, Dyrant will enjoy the trip back with the Cauldron 5.2, in particular, trying to find a solution to Finn's woes.

"There are many solutions, Finn, that will keep your sword in hand. I will ponder upon such and speak with Aralynn about such matters...right after we finish our thoughts on what it means to be enlightened. Aralynn thinks one must only possess thought...but that, of course, is silly. One must also have a higher power to aspire to and guide one's thinking. Well, we discuss...."

* * *
At Cauldron, Dyrant will, after dropping off Gristle Too to the stables, will proceed to get Gristle Stew. He wants a warm meal in his belly after weeks on the road.

While there, he will ask about the downturn in moral and the updated guards, offering to buy stew for any who will answer his queries as he eats and shares his good fortune.

"What have I missed? What is going on?"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt observes the poor spirits of the town folk with concern. What new misfortunes have been plaguing the town? He murmurs to his fellows, "I feel certain we've prevented an external threat to the city, but it's taken away from the city and our charges, its citizens. We should meet with our new noble friends, but also take some time to hear what the smallfolk are saying. Perhaps Carts and my clients will have some insight."

Once the party has attended to business at the gates (and no doubt after some intervening roleplay and checking in with the guard), Toffitt finds his way home. He is anxious to trade stories with Carts, if his stargazing friend is to be found. On the next day, he makes the rounds to his patients, offering care and requesting news.

Gather Information 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Later, he will drop by Skie's to help with any sales and to stock up.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

The day they are scheduled to return to Cauldron, Atol memorizes Restoration instead of Spiritual Ally.

Ahh, our beloved city. I wonder what has the guard concerned? I'm sure it's something mundane...

Atol stops at the Cauldron Five's home just long enough to stable his horse and unload his pack. He brushes the road dust off his new robes and heads straight to the Church of St. Cuthbert for prayer and to visit his brother (whom he fills in with ALL the details if he lets him).

He inquires around the church for diamond dust. If none is to be found, he'll head to Skie's next. If he finds some in either location, he buys 2,000gp worth for present and future restorations.


Atol Lem wrote:
He inquires around the church for diamond dust. If none is to be found, he'll head to Skie's next. If he finds some in either location, he buys 2,000gp worth for present and future restorations.

While packing and unpacking Atol will come across the remaining diamond dust from the diamond ring found with the harpoon spider. The first half of the dust was used to get rid of Finneas's negative levels after he died. There is 2,000 gp worth of dust left.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Yay!

Atol will cast Restoration on himself using 100gp of the dust (leaving 1900gp for future restoration castings).

"Ahhh, much better. I feel much healthier now."


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:


While there, he will ask about the downturn in moral and the updated guards, offering to buy stew for any who will answer his queries as he eats and shares his good fortune.

"What have I missed? What is going on?"

Aroon greets Dryant with a smile and a hot bowl of stew.

"I heard you were back in town and knew you'd be by soon my friend."

The tavern was already full of people dining on the cheap fare. When Dyrant makes an offer to buy a bowl, he finds most of the room lining up to tell him what's happened.

"The half-orcs are everywhere! And they're not friendly like your friend."

"Everything's still a mess. The street is still torn up. I doubt the lord mayor's garden even has a stone out of place."

"About time you heroes started sharing some of that heroes' tax."

8,151 to 8,200 of 13,603 << first < prev | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.