Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale

Game Master Pixie Rogue

A small party, thrown together, adventuring in Darkmoon Vale in the nation of Andoran.


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,887 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Male Elf Druid 4

correction, I misread that 19. ignore the crit attempt and damage.


No worries on the not-crit. We're going to just go by the book - multiply the damage + any special abilities that stack with it if someone happens to have a feat for that purpose.

Perrin's bite fails to draw blood, but as the kobold comes around to face his attacker, the druid neatly skewers him through the chest. Bleeding seriously, he sinks to the floor and slides off the elf's blade, his spear falling to the side.

Now that you are closer, you can see that the two kobolds closest to the doorway colored blue were struggling to move a large chunk of obsidian stone out the doorway and held no obvious weapons. They wear no armor. The four arrayed around their cargo were all carrying spears and wearing armor. They were not participating in the work. Of course, two of them will never participate in anything else, either.

The two blue kobolds, seeing the attacks, drop the traces to their load and jump up and down and clap, but one of the surviving red kobolds growls at them in Draconic and they stop. Somewhat reluctantly, they each produce a sling and a stone, but they appear to be in no hurry to use them. That's their turn, they do not move.

Laucian can be heard rushing down the stairs...

Gilgar is up!


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar storms over to the nearest red kobold, and attempts to forcefully disassemble the little buggar...

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 (The peanut gallery is less than pleased with the damage roll...)


And the red kobolds FINALLY get to take a turn!

DM Screen:

Attack from #4 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Attack from #2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
AC 13 for one round

Gilgar's latest target is rocked back on his heels, but what he lacks in size, he tries to make up for in perseverance as he stands his ground. His wound is too much, however, and he never really threatens to injure the barbarian.

Meanwhile, the last uninjured kobold spear-wielder charges the dwarf, hoping to stick the dwarf with his spear. He almost succeeds, but the point of the spear is deflected by the Gilgar's chain shirt.


Drawing his blade as he moves, Graymoon comes up next to the one that charged the dwarf and strikes, cutting him down.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Nox and Perrin are up and can easily reach the last remaining red kobold or either of the blue ones. For their part, the blue kobolds look two parts scared, one part excited at the events.

New map forthcoming if the druid/wolf combo doesn't end the fight.


Male Elf Druid 4

Perrin launches himself across the room at the last standing combatant to have attacked his pack and rips at the throat of the last red kobold.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 perrin bite attack
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 perrin bite damage
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 perrin trip attack

assuming the demise of the last red kobold

Nox turns to the blue kobolds who had somehow managed to not yet raise their weapons.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Nox Diplomacy

in draconic You have not yet joined the fray blue ones, and you may survive it. But I would suggest you drop your feeble weapons and raise your palms so that it is clear to my mates that you do not share the intentions of your friends here.


Even allowing for the flank with Gilgar, Perrin's bite falls just short, so no damage, no trip.

At Nox's remarks, the blue kobolds' eyes bug out for a second that he speaks their language, but there is no hesitation. Without looking at each other, both slings fall to the ground. One bows to Nox and, in common, says, "Great and Wise Wolf-keeper, how does your humble servant please you?" Oh, please. Is he really grovelling? Yes, yes, he is.

The other puffs up his chest and says, "Mighty Axey-Axe end you next, Smernak!!" The remaining red kobold snarls in response but it's not his turn to act, so...

Laucian can be heard nearing the bottom of the stairs and has just enough movement to reach the bottom of the stairs and see the carnage. "Wow..."

Gilgar is up!


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar see to the work of doing the last little red runt in...

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


"Teehehe, yes, that's the end of Smernak! No more drag black shiny all the time! How to serve Mighty Axey-Axe? How to serve Great and Wise Wolf-keeper? And their friends?"

Congratulations, you now have two groveling kobolds at your service and four less useful specimens on the floor in front of you.


Dwarf Barbarian

Turning a rather severe eye towards the two liberated lizards, Gilgar grunts out "Ye know where th' shorty humans is?"


New Map!

Assuming that someone in the party looks at the various entrances to make sure they haven't attracted unwelcome attention. The darkness impacts some of what you can see, thus the spoilers.

Gilgar:

To the west, your darkvision reveals a pair of double doors at the end of the corridor. You can see a hallway leading to the right/north as shown in the map.

To the north, you see an intersection with another corridor. Beyond, something prevents you from seeing, but you can tell that the corridor continues.

Nox:
To the west, you can see a corridor leading into the darkness. The map shows more than your elven sight can reveal, but Gilgar's darkvision can, so I include it now rather than having to update the map right away.

To the east, you can see that the corridor opens up into a chamber that glows like the pits of Hell itself. The source of the light is something below floor level (partially visible on the map).

To the north, you can see that there is an intersection of corridors about twenty feet from the room you are in.

The four dead kobolds wore leather armor and carried spears. The two captives carried only slings, which they have dropped.

"Mighty Axey-Axe new boss! What boss want Kibbo do?"

The second captive shoves the first, "No! Pokity Wolf-man new boss! What should Jarrdreg do?"

They begin shoving back and forth.


Dwarf Barbarian

Not in the mood to put up idiocy, Gilgar begins shaking slightly, his eyes getting more of a wild look as his brow begins to knot up and the muscles of his arms enlarge slightly from his increasingly white-knuckled grip on his axe...

"We ain't fer needin' two uh ye little dolts... Now where be th' shorty humans?" The repeated question comes through gritted teeth, and is punctuated with a growl.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Intersting - I did not see your post when I made mine yesterday or i would have posted differently. Ah, well, we roll with it.

The first one to speak slugs the other in the shoulder. "Kibbo tell!" He turns toward the dwarf, "We not Truescale, we prisoners! But we know about the pink-skinned, um, the shorty humans."

The second kobold pushes Kibbo aside. "Now Jarrdreg turn! The crown! They need blood for the crown! They take little ones down to crazy shaman." With what would be a comic change to solemnity under other circumstances, he whispers, "Crazy Jekkajak says need to put blood on crown of Merlokrep or whole tribe merk-merks its last."

The first kobold pipes up again, "We help, you let Kibbo and Jarrdreg go back to family, yes? Leave Truescale to merk-merk no more?"

They both point down the western hallway. "This way!"


Dwarf Barbarian

"Aye..." Gilgar replies. "Lead." and he falls in behind them.


Excitedly, they nod in unison and reach for their slings by their feet, tucking them into their belts before turning and heading west. After a brief spat of shoving, they decide to walk side-by-side toward the double doors that become visible in the distance.

Laucian mutters some arcane formula and four ethereal torches spring into existence. He keeps them near him in the back of the group until/unless Gilgar waves them forward, aware that light down here could give a foe advanced warning of their presence.


Male Elf Druid 4

wiping the blood from his rapier, Nox call to Perrin

here boy, you'll get the next one


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The kobolds, almost giddy with excitement, lead the party to the west, coming to a hallway that leads north. They turn the corner and proceed for about ten feet before they come to a dead stop in their tracks, suddenly silent.

I assume we still use a marching order of Gilgar/Graymoon, Nox/Perrin, Laucian.

It's not hard to tell what has the kobold's attention. Slowly advancing toward you is a floating dwarven warrior dragging a wicked axe along behind him. The very air about him glows with a sickly blue light and a hissing noise can be heard as it approaches.

I will update the map later. It is a straightforward 10'-wide corridor, extending beyond anyone's eyesight. The kobolds are 10' from the original corridor, Gilgar and Graymoon directly behind them, putting Nox and Perrin in the original hallway and Laucian standing with his back to the south wall.

Laucian whispers the obvious, "What is that?"


Male Elf Druid 4

I am guessing that would be GlintAxe


Laucian "Uh, right, sure. What do we know about the glintaxe again?"


Feel free to make Knowledge (Local) or Diplomacy (Gather Information was rolled into this skill) to see if you have more than a name.

Kibbo quavers, "Shiny dwarf-ghost. Very bad. Very bad!"


New map!

The entry with the dead kobolds is accessible from the bottom right of the map and there are two visible side halls between your position and the glowing figure.


"Dwarf ghost? I don't know that I have an effective attack for a ghost. Would be better had we a cleric along..."

Laucian "My magic is of no use against the dead. It really only works when there are people to fool, if you know what I mean."


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 knowledge local
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 diplomacy


Male Elf Druid 4

Kibbo, Jarrdreg, tell us what you know of this Dwarven ghost. QUICKLY


DM Screen:

Graymoon Dungeoneering 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Graymoon Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Laucian History 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

"Wait here... I remember something." Graymoon jogs toward the ghost, then backs away as he studies it and it continues to move forward. "I've never seen one of these before, but I've heard of them - it's not a ghost, it's a suit of armor and axe held inside a creature that's almost invisible."

Stowing his bow and drawing his sword as he continues to move backward, he says, "Don't let it touch you - hit it and back away. It's not very intelligent, but if it runs over you, it will absorb you like I bet it did that poor dwarf."

Roll for initiatives and tell me your plan. You don't have to use Graymoon's suggestion, of course.


Dwarf Barbarian

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Gilgar has been standing there, seemingly stunned, since the thing showed up... At the proclamation that it's not a ghost, he snaps back to consciousness, grimacing greatly, growling unconsciously as his legs begin to pump as he half hops and half runs in place... The scene would be comical if his growling didn't sound so much like a bear mauling a dragon...

And with that... I shall await the turn of the Gilgarian...


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox to Perrin Stay Perrin
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Nox Initiative
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Perrin Initiative


GM Screen:
Cube 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (2) - 5 = -3

Laucian Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


GM Screen:

Kibbo Init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Jarrdreg Init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Initiative Order
21 Laucian
17 Graymoon
09 Kibbo
08 Perrin
06 Nox
04 Gilgar
03 Jarrdreg

Laucian has no ranged weapons and no idea for how to handle this ghost-that-is-not-a-ghost. He delays.

It is apparent that Graymoon is not 100% confident of his strategy, but he moves up close and waits for the creature to approach, sword in hand. He stops 30' from the 'ghost'.

Kibbo loads his sling and lets fly. "Kibbo hear that many Truescale go to fight ghost. None come back."
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Perrin growls at the unnatural thing's approach, but holds his ground as Nox instructed.

Nox, Gilgar, Jarrdreg are up.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox, to Graymoon You seem to be the learned one regarding this unholy creature, what should we hit it with?

As he says that, he lets go an arrow.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
1d6 ⇒ 1


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar fidgets, twitches, and generally looks like he's doing an angry version of the pee-pee dance, but he doesn't move forward...

Delaying my action until the thing is closer... Cloooooooosssseeerrrrr.....


Jarrdreg lets fly with his sling.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Both stones and Nox's arrow seem to strike something in mid-air about five feet in front of the 'ghost' with a meaty 'thwack'. The arrow begins melting and by the time Nox can fire again, only the arrowhead remains, seemingly floating along the hallway with the 'ghost'.

The 'ghost' continues down the hall toward Graymoon, stopping directly in front of him.

Map update pending, then we'll start the next round.


GM Screen:
Damage dealt: 4 + 14 + 1

Map update!

Laucian concentrates on keeping Dancing Lights where they will do the most good. He does discover that he cannot move them through the air around the ghost any more than he can move them through the worked stone walls of the corridor.


Graymoon winds up for a big swing with his curved blade. "Let it move up to you, strike it hard and retreat! If you are firing at it, stay back so Gilgar and I can hit it - kobolds, you need to move back to give us room!"

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Confirm 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The blade appears to distort as it moves through the air before the ghost, making an odd sucking sound and suddenly springing free as he completes the swing and moves back toward the party. He seems to be carefully gauging the distance as he moves. "Come, my dwarven friend, stand with me up here."


As Graymoon retreats, Kibbo does as he is bid, moving back to the intersection and slinging another stone at the 'ghost'. Slightly out of order, Jarrdreg will also move, but his attack won't come until his turn.

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 minimum 1

Nox and Perrin, Gilgar, then Jarrdreg will sling another stone.

Latest map to show Graymoon and the kobolds' moves


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar moves up next to Graymoon, somehow able to keep himself under enough control so as not to charge in or fly into a rage, though he half-hops awkwardly from one foot to the other, punctuating each hop with an unconscious "hup" under his breath...

"If'n that thing ain't fer bein' dead," *hup* "why ain't it bleedin'?" *hup*

He seems steeled for battle, but there is no bravado, no indication that Gilgar is looking forward to this.


"Different sort of creature - you've probably heard of gray ooze and brown mold in the dwarven delves you grew up in? This is that sort of creature. Instead of being an animate puddle of acidic good, it's nearly-transparent and shaped like a box. But if we stay too close, it can possibly just run over us and dissolve us like whoever was wearing that armor. Better to make it come to us while wear it down. It shouldn't be smart enough to realize the danger we present." He frowns, "It shouldn't."


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar looks much relieved, his jaw muscles flexing as he grits his teeth.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will cast flaming sphere behind the armor, and roll it up until it meets the resistance of the cube.

3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5) = 15

Perrin will delay, growling at this enemy without flesh.


Crazy week. Hopefully will be in one place long enough tomorrow with access to move forward...


GM Screen:
Damage dealt: 19 + 15 + 1

As the druid's spell completes, the area around the ghost is suddenly illuminated from behind and the dimensions of the creature are much more obvious. Suddenly, a sizzling sound and the stench of ... something ... burning is obvious and the now-glowing cube shudders. Nice damage roll there, Nox.

Jarrdreg slings again.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

The cube continues forward, the glow lessening as it moves away from the druid's fire spell, causing the hair on the dwarf's arms to raise in anticipation and the elf's jaw to clench visibly.

Laucian retreats farther, leaving his floating lights near the ceiling of the intersection.


GM Screen:
Damage dealt: 35 + 6

"Retreat around the corner! Give Gilgar and I room!" Graymoon takes another massive cut at the wall of slime in front of him.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

He moves back, ushering the others before him.


GM Screen:
Damage dealt: 41 + 1

Kibbo lets fly with another stone before scampering after the mage, giggling. "Kibbo help kill big bad blue ghost!!"

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 minimum one

Perrin/Nox and Gilgar, batter up!

Almost forgot the map link!


Dwarf Barbarian

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Gilgar takes an adrenaline-fueled slash with his axe, the blade ripping through the jelly-like thing, then he back-pedals around the corner to the left.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will move the flaming sphere up against the cube again.

3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) = 4

and then will back away around the corner


Following Gilgar's mighty swing, the mass of gelatinous flesh shudders and begins to list to the right. As Nox's fire rolls up against it again and the sizzling is heard once more, the material shrinks and withdraws along the base of the right wall, looking much like seepage water. As Nox runs the ball of fire along the wall, the slimy substance rapidly evaporates, leaving a slightly sticky and acidic residue on the floor and walls. Laying in the middle of the hall is a medium-sized suit of mithral full plate, currently adjusted to fix a dwarven build, and a battleaxe that glows with a soft blue light. The word "Glintaxe" can be seen on the haft.

When Gilgar and Nox do not come immediately around the corner, a worried-looking Graymoon comes back, sword at the ready. The relief is obvious when he realizes that the monster was defeated.


Dwarf Barbarian

Looking around the corner, Gilgar says, quite sagely... "Huh..."


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox: Well, Gilgar, I do beleive those are in your size

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,887 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.