Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Night of the Werewolf (Inactive)

Game Master Kinetic_cards


1,651 to 1,700 of 3,847 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

STATUE:?? BODY: 16/20 HP HP Per +11

An errant breeze blows the balloon animal lower, and lower
Attack. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 damage 1d6 ⇒ 6strength
Confirm. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 damage 1d6 ⇒ 3strength


"Just ensuring you are alright, my dear."
Kristoph readies to cast and use Ear Piercing scream if the Treant starts to move towards him.


DM

The treant, busy with Gavin, does not see the mechanical gardener approach. There's a frenzied whirring and cutting! Pieces of bark and leaf fly everywhere.

The treant takes 25 damage.

The balloon tumbles through the upper branches of the treant, almost tangling in its leaves. The tree feels a sapping of its energy.

Crit not confirmed. The treant takes an additional 6 strength damage.

Unnerved by this wave of assault, the treant freaks out, and breaks away from Gavin and Elspeth. It lumbers towards Sanders and Finn (to square from F-9 to H-11), trampling over the mechanical gardener in the process! Crunch! Creeaakk! Crunch!

MM can make an AoO at –4 penalty. Or instead, he can attempt to avoid the treant and make a Ref save for 1/2 damage (DC 25).

Gavin, the Summoned Tiger, and Elspeth all get AoOs against the treant.

At the north end of the garden, the other animated tree advances slowly towards Kristoph and Selena.

It's Selena's turn.


@Network: Elspeth's is a touch attack (he said hopefully)

Attack (power attack) 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 4 = 8 2d4 + 13 ⇒ (2, 2) + 13 = 17


HP: 63/63

Attack of opportunity:

Hissing at its fleeing foe, the Tiger strikes, intent not to allow it respite from its attack.

Bite Attack:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Bite Attack(Grab):1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Bite Attack(Damage):2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 = 17


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Selena, appearing somewhat unfocused regarding current events, absentmindedly answers Kristoph."I am... quite calm. Yes. Quite calm." Shifting her body only slightly, the harmonic of an indisputable order returns to her speech as she states "It will not be allowed to flee."


HP: 63/63

Upon its masters insistence, the Tiger strikes again, this time taking advantage of the little humans to get a better opportunity, the awesome form moves to 10-11;I-J, ripping at the tree with its maw, attempting to gain purchase upon its form to hold it in its place.

Bite Attack:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Bite Attack(Grab):1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30

Bite Attack(Damage):2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1) + 8 = 14


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Selena intones, again, "Quite calm.", nonchalantly giving the mental command for the Flaming Sphere to strike the Treant.

DC 19, 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6) = 14, total of 21 damage after +50%.

Selena readies an action to cast.


DM

Oops, my bad. Crit confirmed. The treant took 9 strength damage (not 6) from Elspeth's attack.

The mechanical gardener takes 18 damage from the trample.

The mechanical gardener and the tiger lash out at the fleeing treant, but they miss. The treant tramples over the mechanical gardener, bringing its full weight down upon its casing and gears.

The treant manages to gain distance temporarily, but the agile feline continues in hot pursuit. The cat attacks, grappling its enemy, and shredding and tearing into it with its fangs. It's too much! The flaming sphere rolls by again, incinerating the treant into a charred husk of its former self. It stares lifelessly into the overcast sky. Shadows glide over it from low clouds.

The treant is dead.

The other tree near Kristoph and Selena sends roots into the lawn, and becomes still. It reverts back into a normal tree.

The garden is a mess. But it is saved!


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Ivan fades back into existence, massive bruises covering most of his body. "Well. Children, are you all right? I daresay that was rather more...stimulation...than might be appropriate at your grade level, but one cannot always predict such things. I shall warn your parents about it."

He glances over at where the tree settled back to earth. "I suppose the landscapers will have to live with that."


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

Plants in the greenhouse? FEED ME, Seymour!


DM

The plants in the greenhouse stop fighting too. The aberrant growth stops, hungry flowers become still, strangling vines loosen, relax, and settle against the structure. It seems the treant was Horace's main experiment and somehow the source of all the unrest.

Seymour...lol, exactly.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Selena looks in fascination at the Tiger. "come here." The tiger obediently does so, carefully sitting down before what it realizes is its mistress. Selena, the terror coming back now, but still somehow entranced with the beautiful creature, carefully strokes the tiger between the large ears. "G-good girl. You may leave." Looking quizzically at its mistress, the tigress is dismissed from this plane.

Selena, somewhat dazed, looks around and sees Sanders's and Ivans wounds."Oh, you have been badly hurt!" Heal with berries. "Please, I'll be just a moment." Selena moves over to the berry bushes, picking up handfuls and blessing them with her spells.

"Goodberry!" 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
"Goodberry!" 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
"Goodberry!" 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Selena hurries back to Sanders and Ivan. No. Heal with wand. Selena makes a strange face, then shakes her head back and forth, placing the berries upon her person and instead drawing her wand. "I am sorry, I am afraid I feel a bit faint..." As she looks now and sees that one of the wounded is a teacher, she blushes in embarrassment, but rallies. She raises the wand as if it was a question. "If you would oblige, sirs?"


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I nod towards the teacher-man. Go...


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

I do NOT look like plant food, thank you very much.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Finn goes over to the remains of the treant and kicks the charred remnants. "This creature could have been an amazing feature to the garden. Thousands would have come to see such a creature, teaching and understanding the ways of nature." Finn lowers his head in sadness. "The possibilities."

Finn then moves over to Sanders and says,"For some reason I wanted to call you half-orc." He shakes his head. "Ah forget about it. Look at all this mess we have to clean up."


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

Selena heals the gardener and the teacher with the charges from her wand. "There."

Ivan
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Sanders
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Look at that! Just enough to bring you both to full health, to the hit point!


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Ivan taps his forehead respectfully to the lovely young woman. "My thanks, ma'am. Pardon me for being forward, but I feel as though I know you from somewhere."


DM

The sky darkens further. Clouds skim across it very quickly now. The air is charged with negative ions. There's a clap of thunder. The grounds around you begin to waver.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Gavin watches Selena wave her wand and thinks to himself, Hey, I have one of those. he produces his own CLW wand and heals himself

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Is anyone else hurt?

After a pause to catch his breath, the inspector glares hard at Kristoph.
What did I tell you about that damned Horace? Plants run amok! AMOK!

Gavin breaks off his rant to look at the ominous sky.


Gardener took 18, -2 for DR, 5 to nontlethal = 11, right?
Kristoph walks over to the Gearbound Gardener and pulls him upright.
"My garden! My automaton!"


Per +11

"Help..."


"...me"


DM

@Kristoph:
Yes.


NPC

The world around you bleeds of color, then warms up into sepia tones. Everyone feels a little woozy as the gardens separate...you see everything in double-vision. There's a strong rush of wind on your backs. You all open your eyes and are once again yourselves, sitting in a circle around Sandru in the brightly-lit room at 37 Clank Street.

"Welcome back, adventurers," Agnes says, taking the stereoscope from Sandru. "You performed admirably on your first foray into time-travel. No fainting spells...no broken bones..."


NPC

Phoebe coughs.


NPC

"Oh, and that whole treant thing. You survived that too. Very excellent! Well, maybe the real danger of time-travel and all..." Agnes blushes and gives a shrug.

The twins give you all a moment to compose yourselves. Agnes wastes no time, pressing on in all seriousness. "Acclimating your party to time-travel was only the first thing we needed to do. When you are ready, we will perform the harrowing."


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

"Dear Agnes, I don't know what this time jumping is for and how it is related to the dead rising in the city. I really can't grasp on how the events at the garden is related to all this. But, I'm willing to play along." Quinn continues to sit in his chair and looks at the others.


NPC

Agnes tells Hergelund to turn down the lights. She whips out a purple, silk handkerchief and smooths it on the table.


NPC

Phoebe leans over and lights a white, tallow candle in the middle of the table.


NPC

Agnes cuts the deck of cards and shuffles it. "The harrowing reveals all," she says with a flourish of her hand.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc surreptitiously cranes his neck to get a better look.


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

La Siréene blinks. It’s a good thing I know to remain calm and rational in the face of shock. To go from having a "main" mind to not having one... La Siréene shutters. Her only comparable experience was not exactly pleasant.

La Siréene lets go of Ianez’s hand and attempts to take out a goodberry from her pack to see if they are still there.

”That was very... interesting. I felt a bit like a parasite, sucking historical experiences from a "host" of sorts. As such, it felt like the amount of control I can extend over the host is dependent on how strong-willed it is. Selena was easy.

La Siréene looks around, the introspective, analytical moment now over.

”Is anyone injured?”


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I am good. Thank you. I let go of hands, watching the girls and the dwarf... wary.


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Blackacre shudders.

Well. That was ... disconcerting. I, too, fail to see how time travel relates to a Harrowing or to the mystery we hope to solve, but if we get our marks I may be willing to let that go.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Ianez leans interestedly towards the girls. "That was truly fascinating! Tell me...how far back in the past can one go? I have a great many questions about a great many things, and this would help so mu--" He cuts off in mid-word, looking around as he calms down. "I'm sorry. There's too much at stake to indulge me. Now, the Harrowing?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NPC

Suggested music

Agnes lays a spread of 9 cards on the table. Her eyes give off a pale, silver glow. Her pupils turn from black to white.

"The man behind all of this misfortune exists in a temporal 'pocket' dimension. He exists in the future...a future...that is floating high above this city, known as The Tower Out of Time. You will go to the Library of Anaphexia to research how to anchor the Tower in our present time, then how you can gain access and enter it."

"Please forgive me one last trespass upon your persons, but I'm going to access your shared memories and arrange the puzzle pieces, to reveal the one who is behind all of this...the person whom you must defeat."

@All PCs:
You arrive at an alley paved with cobblestones. The streetlamp casts a pool of light...in it you see a handsome man in a respectable black suit. He kneels over the body of a woman who is unconscious. She lays sprawled out, with her head to one side.

The man speaks. "I am Dr. Hareton Grey, a chirurgeon at the hospital. This is Olivia."

_________________________

Lub... A soft sigh from Olivia. She dies.

Dub… Hareton wails in despair. "NOOOOOO!!"

_________________________

La Siréene steps up to Doctor Hareton and says, in a soft voice; "Up we go, Doctor. Nothing you can do for poor Olive now. You need to live. Here, I’ll support you."

"Your Olive will cause change through you, as my memories will through me. Olive may yet be your reason to live, Hareton."

_________________________

Hareton...finally drifts off to sleep. It is a fitful sleep wracked by nightmares. He kicks out and whimpers. Several times, he sits up in a panic, throws the blanket off, and cries...

OLIVIAAAAA!

But he is only dreaming. Lost in tortured emotions. Before long, again he turns to the wall. He pulls his knees against his chest and sobs himself to sleep.

_________________________

Hareton speaking. "Life...running through our fingers like sand. Everything is so temporary, so changeable. One of the reasons I became a doctor in the first place, to try and understand. To fight it in some small way."

_________________________

Ianez speaking. "Osirion archaeologists uncovered evidence in pyramids of rituals using threnodic spells, metamagic that converts mind-effecting spells into energy that is capable of influencing or controlling the undead. It was used in the hopes of resurrecting their pharoahs."

Hareton speaks. "This could account for the ghosts' displacement and why we're seeing the flood of undead onto our plane. Maybe the reversal effect, or some sort of temporal-spatial tear, is traveling down arcane pathways and causing all of these strange disturbances?" Reversal of death. Raising the dead in massive numbers?"

Ianez again. "Although Osirian priests didn't think of it this way themselves, scholars speculate that their rituals weren't actually aimed at resurrecting pharoahs, but as a way to access multiple universes. To go back in time to when the pharoah was alive, and bring him forward into the future, to a time when he was dead. Or to access an alternate universe where the dead king had never died in the first place, and bring that version of him back into their own universe."

"Whichever way you cut it, it added up to the same result. A new lease on life."

_________________________

Ianez raises an eyebrow, looks at Hareton skeptically. "By the way, Grey, how do you know so much about 'temporal displacement' and 'arcane pathways?' They do not seem like areas of expertise for someone in your discipline."

Hareton returns a blank, rather naïve look. "You know, I don't know. I'm not sure. It just came to me. I just knew."

_________________________

The Olivia's heart pendant...glowing a bright blue.

"Now that you say, why...look at that!" Hareton steps towards La Siréene, reaches out, caresses the pendant in his hand. The eerie light reflects in his dark brown eyes, which search the necklace as if looking for a ship lost at sea. "Olivia..."

"It has never done this before."

_________________________

The dragon's voice intones like a blast from a haunted pipe organ. "We HaVe tHe PoWeR tO mAKe You BetTeR."

_________________________

Hareton looks at Sandru, as if seeing him again after a fog has parted. His gaze drifts over to Ianez, across Caromarc...the glass cage with the copper wire...then back to Sandru. The look in his eyes is that of a physician, forcing out of mind his personal problems, returning to the present, evaluating "my patient"...patients...the fragile, indeterminate lives in his care.

The tone of this attitude is both endearingly fraternal, yet scarily distancing.

_________________________

A memory of La Siréene's and Caromarc's -

La Siréene, lying on her back on a narrow metal table, held down by leather straps along her arms and legs, and metal clamps around her wrists, ankles, and waist. There is a bright lamp on the ceiling shining down directly onto her, into her eyes.

The light is just dim enough for you to see the ceiling above you in gray and black tones that are muddied. Impossible to make out any distinct shapes. You hear zapping. High-voltage, low-current, alternating currents of electricity. There's also the sound of liquid bubbling and the hissing of gas. Something heating on a burner. You see beakers and flasks filled with glowing green and purple fluids.

A figure stands at the druid's side, a man in a dark, hooded robe.

"You killed my dragon," the stranger says, a note of loneliness and self-pity in his tone. "At first, I was angry with you. But it's behind us. I prefer if you don't interfere with my work again. It would be easier for all of us."

_________________________

The hooded figure speaking. "In most cases of reanimation, the subject...ahem, I mean the patient...remembers and maintains a subjective sense of who they were previously. It is only in misguided and ill-conceived attempts to reanimate tissue that has already been reanimated before, that the tissue is so degraded...I am talking about the brain...that the patient is rendered into a catatonic state, or what is superstitiously understood as a mindless zombie."

_________________________

And then, at this point, a part of the memory that even La Sireéne and Caromarc had repressed and hadn't remembered until now...

The figure throws back his hood. You see the face of a man named Unruhe. Restlessness.

But that wasn't always his name. There was a time he was called Dr. Hareton Grey!

_________________________

A note -

Dear friends,

…do not follow…I have to find a way to come to terms with my grief, which is a path I must walk alone.

I would give anything to see Olivia again.

I would give anything to see Olivia again.

I would give anything to see Olivia again.


NPC

"The past you visited wasn't significant except to attune your bodies and minds to temporal anomalies such as time-travel...to enable you to be able to enter the Tower Out of Time. It was a test-run, combat training."

"The opponents you face in the Tower will be far, far worse."

"Like I said before, the future is unwritten. Sadly, your foe has already cast his lot. But each of you play a special role in your overall mission that the cards will yet reveal."

Agnes looks at the 9 cards before her. "The harrow consists of 6 suits, representing Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intellect, Wisdom, and Charisma. For this reading, I've chosen to use the suit representing Constitution. The theme of health and vitality, injury and death. The forces that your nemesis distorts for his dark ends. Life and unlife...death and undeath."

"Everyone please select a card. Your choice will reveal something important about your role."

Each PC select one of the harrow cards, numbered 1 through 9.


***INACTIVE*** Human Archaeologist Bard/9; Init: +4*; Perc: +19; HP 27/63, F: +7/R: +10*/W: +7

Ianez chooses #4.


Male Half-Elf Zen Archer Monk 8 / Mage 1
Info:
HP:49/80, AC:26, Saves F+11, R+11, W:+18, Speed:50, Perc:+20

Quinn takes #3


Female Aasimar Urban Druid 9

1d9 ⇒ 2

La Siréne takes #2.


Male Human Wizard 9 (Teleport) Perception +8

Caromarc takes #1


NPC

Agnes turns over the fourth card and reveals The Teamster.

"Mr. Gastnicht, this harrow card is called 'The Teamster'. It depicts a small figure with a whip riding on the back of a half-orc, driving him onward. This card represents a driving external force that keeps you going, no matter what. This force can be physical or mental, as a person who exhorts others to continue on when they have no strength to give. The force can be for good or ill, like a hard lesson for one's betterment. But it cannot be ignored."

The time oracle looks at Ianez with sympathy. The effect of this is obscured by her strange white pupils. "Ianez, you have lost some loved ones to this menace. Avenging them is partly your motivation. However, the teamster card represents something true neutral. Neither good nor bad, neither wrong nor right. One reading of the card suggests that, as a scholar, your thirst for knowledge drives you. The need to know. It reflects an attitude of patience, something dispassionate. I predict at the Library of Anaphexia you will be of great help to your friends."

"But I warn you..." The candle flickers ominously. "Be careful where the search for knowledge leads you, Ianez Gastnicht. For dead civilizations don't always remain in the past."

"And dead people don't always stay buried."


NPC

Agnes turns over the third card and reveals The Brass Dwarf. She smiles. "Ah, look at that! A lawful card for the lawman."

"Mr. Quinn, this harrow card is called 'The Brass Dwarf'. It depicts an azer who represents invulnerability to a current danger. Although others might fall, he remains healthy and strong. But it can also mean failure or a dark fate for one, which in turn might save all around him from a greater danger."

She glances at Hergelund. "On one level, your association with a dwarf seems quite obvious." Then, her eyes come to rest on Quinn's holy symbol. "But interpret this card's meaning a little more broadly. Your fellow police of the Swamplights have fallen, yet you remain. "S" was kidnapped, but you escaped."

"Hergelund's former apprentice, Acrietia, is fallen to the undead, but still out there. Will you bring her down, or will she defeat you? Will you save "S"? How many agents of Hergelund's team will be left standing in the end? And what is the ultimate fate of the team?"


Human Inquisitor 9 | HP 51/64 (fast heal 5) | add'l +3 att +8 dmg | AC 24 [16t 21f] | Saves F+10 R+9 W+13 -- Left: 4/6xLv1, 5/5xLv2, 2/3xLvl3, 5/9r bane, 1/3 Judgments (0/1 surge), 9/9r detect lies -- Init +5 Perc +14 Sensemotive +15

Gaston takes the 9.


NPC

Agnes turns over the second card and reveals The Tangled Briar.

"La Siréene, this harrow card is called 'The Tangled Briar'. It is a card of past deeds. It indicates an object or person from the past that will somehow have great influence on the situation. The object or person in question was one lost or murdered in some foul way. This card brings pain, but also paradoxically, hope for the future."

Her manner becomes stern, direct. "Druid, this card has literal interpretations for you. It indicates two persons from your past, one who will influence you for good, the other for harm. The former is a young woman who was murdered in the streets."

Agnes communicates the next part telepathically.

@La Siréene:
I dare not speak the other's name. But you know who it is. He comes for you very soon, and your whole party is in peril. If you defeat him once and for all, you will finally be free. Be on your guard! He will find you in a 'tangled briar'.


HP 56/88 Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Unbreakable 2/Rogue 6

I reach for the 8th card.


NPC

Agnes turns over the first card and reveals The Waxworks.

"Lord Caromarc, this harrow card is called 'The Waxworks'. It represents a place of helplessness and physical entropy. The mind might be willing, but the flesh is frozen in this place of horror. It is the card of torture and imprisonment, signifying literal inability to move, or paralysis of a more prosaic kind. When interpreted in a positive light, it indicates abundance of energy at a crucial moment that changes all."

The oracle traces a path with her eyes along the thick black stitching of Caromarc's patchwork skin. "You have already experienced physical imprisonment and torture of a kind. A literal waxworks of your appearance."

"However, a master of the arcane such as yourself...you are familiar with the Void, with nameless dread? This card is associated with chaotic evil. There's a sleeping horror out there somewhere in the universe waiting for you, for all of you. Will you be frozen with fear when confronted by it? Helpless? Unable to move?"

She reaches out, runs a hand down Elspeth and gently pets her. "Or perhaps you will find some other way?"


NPC

Agnes turns over the ninth card and reveals The Trumpet. She laughs. "Aren't harrow cards amazing? This card is lawful good for the inquisitor."

"Mr. Blackacre, this harrow card is called 'The Trumpet'. It is a declaration of power. This archon is an aggressive force who wades into the direst of situations without hesitation in the cause of right. However, it can also suggest motives that aren't noble, resulting in injury and sapping of strength. This card grants all or nothing at all."

The time oracle shrugs. "Unforunately, I don't see specifics as to how this plays out. But I predict there will be a crucial moment when you and someone named...Baron Volst?...will work together to save the day. I urge you, inquisitor, you must be open to it. You are an aggressive force wading into the direst of situations, but oddly enough, he will be too. The motives part and the sapping of strength...I'm not sure what all that means, but these things will be literal."

"He will aid you and harm you....it is a balance."


NPC

Agnes turns over the eighth card and reveals The Desert.

"Mr. Sandru, this harrow card is called 'The Desert'. It is an environment so bleak that none can survive it without aid. For those that find aid, the journey across the wastes can lead to great things! However, interpreted negatively it implies one cannot rely on the help of others and will assuredly be lost. The sphinx of this card can refer to a mystic or doctor bringing salvation in times of plague or illness."

Agnes stares at the image and ponders it for a moment. "I think that I am the mystic, and Dr. Grey is the doctor. Though we are oppositely aligned."

"What this means for you, it represents your strength and endurance. Also, a disposition that is prone to be suspicious of others. Hrmm...which is understandable, given your origins." She sneaks a sad, guilty look at Phoebe. "Sandru, I've seen enough to know that my part in this struggle is short and soon coming to an end. Learn to be part of the community of man. Please, I need to take care of my sister for me."

Phoebe tries to keep a stiff upper lip. "Phoebe knows," Agnes says, "We've discussed it already. No one of us is above the mission."

Her eyes are still glowing. "Does anyone have any questions?"

1,651 to 1,700 of 3,847 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Night of the Werewolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.