Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Megan Robertson

Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, running under the Pathfinder ruleset.


1,851 to 1,900 of 6,135 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Trinia pauses in headlong flight, teetering somewhat on the edge of a corbelled roof as first Ashe and then Una address her.

"I... I did nothing wrong... to... t..the king," she stammers, blinking back tears. She looks from one to the other, native humour shining through. "Are you competing to help me, here?"

Meanwhile, inside...

Varrel is indeed hearing a running commentary from Majenko, as he edges forwards. Looks like a 20-something young woman, blonde, curled up asleep. Quiet sleeper, though - no snoring or grunting.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe smiles at the young woman and replies shaking his head in shared humor, "...I have ceased trying to wonder at 'The Sniper's' motivations milady, but I'm not competing with anyone. I can see you are as upset about the fair king's demise as most loyal Korvosans, please come with us we can sequester you to the temple of PHARASMA. I am associates with many of the 'LADY of GRAVES' clergy - even the Bishop herself! They can question you fairly under a discern lies spell to prove your innocence to all! Then we can hide you away in a private residence while I place your case and unquestionable testimony before Marshal Kroft herself to clear your name. Only thing needed after that would be having the Bishop secure the accusing guardsman's corpse for a simple speak with dead spell and that will exonerate you of any blame completely! Do you know any reason the suicide guardsman would make such untruthful accusations against you?"

Seeing Trina pause Ashe takes a few steps closer to get a better view of her and freezes in his steps, meeting her eyes for the first time...

{Oh my... ~she's beautiful... }

Ashe is all but... mesmerized by her deep bright green teary eyes. His eyes widening - he gazes into those cool emerald depths... and his heart skips beat as he looses himself in her gaze, taking in her faint smile, short blonde hair and shapely figure.

Shakhan, close as he is to Ashe, can notice the change in his young armored companion's expression and posture. Ashe tenses up, his expression softening as his gaze locks on Trina's lovely eyes... captivated!

[ OOC: Also Megan... Ashe is detecting evil... Trina is likely close enough... is she evil? And note... I do not know if the module describes her eye color... but I've always felt the 'minor' mutation of green eyes with blonde hair was special and interesting instead of the norm for blue eyes and blonde hair. LOL! So if I need to change my description... just let me know. :) ]


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una nods her head in Ashe's direction.

"And somewhere, under all that fluff and nonsense, is a good heart trying to help. He just doesn't understand urban life is all."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel is more than a little confused by the conversation playing in his head, he gives the sleeping woman a gentle shake.

Miss?

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

On the rooftops:

Trinia, who detects as NOT evil, bursts into tears.

"I'm being set up, I didn't kill the king, and I don't want to die," she sobs.

A few urchins and that raggedy fellow who was feeding pidgeons are gathering to watch. One urchin calls out, "Isn't that the girl who killed the king? What was the reward for her head?"

Inside:

This two-room flat combines all the amenities of a bedroom, a kitchen, and a painter’s studio into about fifteen-foot-square of space, leaving little room for much else. A stack of cheese and bread sits on the counter next to several full waterskins, while the easel in the opposite corner holds a half-completed painting of an imp and a pseudodragon fighting atop a church steeple. A single window looks out over the tangled rooftops of the Shingles, while in an alcove, a woman sleeps in a curled-up position on a low bed.

As Varrel advances and reaches out to shake the woman, she vanishes!


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe hears the pain in Trina's words, sees the tears in her eyes and his reverie of being lost in the depths of her lovely gaze ends. His eyes soften with sympathy.

Glancing about in the direction of the citizenry observing the situation - Ashe decides then & there to act.

Ashe's expression shifts to one of determined protectiveness as he sets his jaw. Doning his helm again Ashe unclips his flowing red cloak from his shoulders and strides swiftly to Trina's side draping the cloak about her shoulders tenderly and drawing the hood up over her features as he protectively places an arm about her shoulders. Tenderly he cups her face in his hand and wipes the tears from her eyes and face with his finger.

His words are soft and full of emotional feeling, "shh... {hush} Please don't cry Trina, fear not... I believe you! Come, let us get you out of here quickly to safety!"


Male Human Wizard (Illusionist) 2 / Cleric2

Hytogg, immediately suspects something when the girl doesn't move despite the noise they made entering. Hoping she wasn't dead, he sprang towards the window as Varrel approached the bed.

"Is that her"? "Is she dead"? the wondrous divine mage states as he moves towards the window.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Illusion!

Understanding, finnally dawning upon Varrel, Master Hytogg, we have been duped. Let us wait at the window for Ashe's meeting to conclude. The girl appears to be believing us and I'd rather not startle her till she has firmly accepted our help.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una holds her crossbow so that it can be clearly seen by the gathering crowd, but doesn't threaten anyone with it directly. Instead she lets the tone of her voice do her threatening for her.

"Oy! You lot! Haven't you gotten something else better to do?!"

Intimidate 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Trinia gazes at Ashe with tear-filled green eyes*.

"All right... I'll come with you."

The urchins edge away, but one turns and drops his breeches, displaying his bare rear, before scampering off across the rooftops. His mates jeer, but it looks as if none of them intend to interfere in the face of Una's aggressive stance.

People inside cannot tell just what is going on, until Majenko relays that Ashe seems to have persuaded Trinia to come with you.

So, what now?

*The picture in the AP isn't clear on eye-colour, although she is blonde. So we'll go with green :)


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe is almost struck dumb gazing into those lovely emerald pools his cheeks flushing instantly in her gaze.

But the sound of youth's jeering pulls him back to the moment, {Oh my goddess... stop gaping at her you empty-headed fool! She's so lovely...}

"Uhm... ah yes... this way... milady..."

Trina Sabor / Deunan Knute ?

[OOC: LOL... had to post it! Ran acros this pic in random. :)]

Ashe gently takes Trina's hand and smiles embarrassingly and lead her back toward the 'fire-escape her and Shakhan just ascended. Mentally sending words to Majenko {now in range}... but it takes effort to focus his thoughts away from the lovely woman at his side that has captured his heart...

{Majenko! Tell everyone to gather down in the alley next to Trina's flat... 'shes so warm...' er...where Varrel scouted the back exit. Then we'll all head South for the Grey District '...is she watching me~'... and make for the Grand Cathedral of PHARASMA.}

Ashe leads Trina down to the alley and pauses momentarily to wait for the others to gather. Whispering to her, {My companions are gathering...we'll escort you to the Gray District to avoid the Mobs, Guard and Hellknights...!}

Once everyone is there Ashe sets out in a siwft pace with Trina in hand leading the way rapidly toward the Gray District and the Sanctuary of the Cathedral of the 'Lady of Graves'...

Majenko flutters down to follow closely at Ashe's shoulder gazing at Trina closely to see what has flustered Ashe's thoughts so much about the woman at his side.

Ashe tries hard not to gawk too often at his lovely companion but it obvious she has captured his attention. Ashe, however, is the perfect gentleman - only leading her and taking no liberties with her person... but the hot flush of his cheeks does not subside as long as he holds her hand and leads her through the city trying to avoid authorities and mobs...

It never occurs to the young paladin that he could lower his helm's vizor to hide his self-consciousness in the presence of the Lovely Miss Sabor.

[OOC: Its really frustrating... I cannot get the 'direct-link' image to post for the above Trina Sabor / Deunan Knute pic. The link must go to imageshack. Can't figure out why... I've posted direct link pics before...???]


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una rolls her eyes at the sickening display the paladin is making. {What else is new?}

"Do you plan on leading her through the streets directly? That's the surest way to get her caught. We'll stick to the roofs for now, at least we can see if anyone's coming after us. And when we're out of this area, alleys and empty buildings as much as possible."

Megan? Can we have a map for the city again, with where we are and where we need to go made clear...


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe comments, "The Shingles do not extend past the Midland District. Everyone that is seeking her will be coming to Midland... I'm heading for the Height's District which is close by. Its a better neighborhood and then its just a straight shot to the south. There are more patrols but no mobs. I reckon few in the Guard or the Hellknights would know Trina by sight... plus with her hood up and all of us surrounding her... none will likely pay us much mind - as long as we don't 'dwadle' aimlessly. I'll use as many alleys and back streets as possible... but the Gray District and and South Shore which we will have to enter first are not crowded. They are fairly open but there is little choice if we want to get proof of her innocence from the faithful of PHARASMA. Trust me... I know this city well."

Ashe does not pause in his rapid travel. His native familiarity with the backways and streets of Korvosa serves him well and good time is made.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una's eyes narrow in anger.

"You insufferable oaf! How DARE you! I am not your slave or your lackey! I won't have my intelligence insulted when it's obvious you have none!"

She points out to the city.

"I am not sure where you have been living all your life, but that is a dangerous place to be. And for Trina, even more so. The Hell Knights are on high alert. And they do not stop to ask questions or temper justice! They will seize first, then torture, and when they have the confessions they want, convict and execute! Some are fortunate enough to have questions asked after their deaths. And you are foolish enough to believe that anonymity is our best defense against this?"

She throws her hands up in the air in disbelief.

"Not to mention the mob. She's already been spotted! Word spread likes wildfire in the urban districts of the city. I know you are used to gossip spreading like wildfire, but here in the urban areas of the world, no one cares about gossip, we care about making money and living past 30. Trina's head is one assured way of doing that."

"For her own safety, I fear I must pry her away from your stupidity. At least until you can get your head out of IOMEDAE's posterior long enough to look around and get a grip on reality."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe simply shakes his head slightly ...in pity, or amusement{?}.

"That will not work Una, YOU cannot make me angry. I know this city ... you do not. The whole reason I'm leaving the Midland District is precisely because she was spotted there. I'm taking her into the Heights District because as a Knight 'obviously', dressed in Full Plate, escorting a hooded young woman in the company of perhaps a coterie of obvious Adventurers will not draw a second look from the Korvosan guard. The Hellknights are bullies - nothing more... they do not want trouble they cannot handle. In the Heights they have 2 to 3 man patrols, never more than that they are NOT that numerous... and three, at best, will not bother a group of adventurers lead by a Noble that outnumber them. None of you are dressed as peasants so you do not 'obviously' look out of place here in the Heights. The Hellknights have bigger patrols in the Slum areas... such as Midland. They will not bother us as we may indeed be upon Noble business... and the Hellknights know it is the Nobles that pay them and hold the power here in Korvosa."

"But... in the spirit of taking all points of view into account and so it will encourage you NOT to yell her name out loud in the streets anymore... Master Hytogg, if you have an illusion that can further conceal our ladies visage it would be appreciated."

Then looking Trina in the eye, "...Varrel mentioned the Illusion you left in your flat... if you can do that again it might be useful if you can help alter your appearance."

He smiles at Trina, "And, of course milady... if you would rather follow the Sniper's advice... I will relent and assist wherever you would let me... but I do know where I'm going and I do have a plan. I'll leave it to you."

All the time Ashe does not stop leading the way through the streets taking back roads to avoid concentrations of people on the widening boulevards.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel stays at the rear while this is going on eyes focused, looking for trouble, he calls Chatterbeak to him.

We need your eyes, fly above us and keep a watch for groups of knights of at least 2. They'll be similarly dressed in full plate armor. Remain above but caw a loud warning should you spot danger.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe catches Varrel's eye and nods in thanks.

"Good Idea Varrel, Majenko... would you please assist Chatterbeak? Four eyes are better than only two..."

Majenko flutters at Ashe's shoulder casting a curious gaze at Una and snorts his clearly transmitted thought heard by all and unambiguous as to who it was directed at, {You're a Meany!}

Ashe is quick to interrupt his draconic companion with word and thought, "Thats enough of that Majenko! Una has a simple difference of opinion... no less valid than mine or anyone else's. She may be a bit blunt in her voicing it... but she is being honest and deserves our respect for her views! 'Returning hurtful words for hurtful words Proves and Heals Nothing!' We should ALL aspire to be better than that. Now... please, my friend, ...go help Chatterbox."

The little draconic companion cocks his head at Ashe and flutters his tongue like a serpent in a curious contemplative expression {or as close to such as a scaly maw can} then looks at Una with the same fluttering tongue then darts off into the sky chasing after Chatterbox.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una shrugs as her rage returns to its icy cold parameters. She mock curtsies.

"Of course, my lord, if you do not wish to take my advice, I cannot be held accountable for what should happen. I have tried time and time again to introduce you to tactics, but you have neither the inclination nor the wit to understand the subject."

She stands back and allows Ashe to drag the poor girl about wherever he wishes to.

Hmm, caveman wedding?

Then takes to the roofs herself.

Climb (10) 10 + 5 = 15
Acrobatics (10) 10 + 8 = 18

Until she no longer has to look at a travesty about to unfold, nor be within capturable distance when it does.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Sorry - have to go out today... more soon.

Map of Korvosa - will post a modified one later to show where you are...


"Okay you two lovebirds, keep it down." Shakhan's gauging the movement on the streets, his voice is grim as he assesses the risks, "I think Una's plan is the better one because it is the faster. But would require us to let go of the heavily armored as they'd unnecessarily slow us down. As is, the armor will slow us down either way - and the thing we need to be is swifter than whatever is on our heels."


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una's voice drifts down to the others from the roofs above.

"You should move quickly. Remember she's been seen and identified. Move to a safe place if you wish to strategize."

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

At street level:

Out in front of the tenement building, you can hear the grey-haired woman's voice raised.

"No! I tell you, she isn't here! Yes. She does live here, but she's not in. And I don't know when she'll be back. She didn't say. Might be a while, though, she had..." The voice breaks off suddenly with a yelp, followed by some crashing sounds.

It's quiet in the back alley where the 'fire escape' reaches the ground, though. Just a dog engrossed in the pursuit of his own tail, and an old man dozing in a corner.

On the rooftops:

The ragged bird-feeding man has gone back to talking to pigeons, and most of the kids have scattered, going towards the front of the building to look down at the ruckus below.

Aerial recon:

Circling, Chatterbeak and Majenko can see a party of Hellknights breaking in the door of the tenement, ignoring the fact that it happens to be standing ajar - maybe they just like breaking things! Further down the street, a squad of regular Korvosan Guard are marching purposefully in this direction.

And advancing this way across the rooftops is a very agile youth dressed in gaudy red and yellow clothing, leaping across gaps, swinging on poles and generally giving an excellent demonstration of parkour (free running).


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Can Una see the boy yet? Or the Korvosan Guard?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Majenko relays what he ses telepathically to Asherick and Ashe instructs him to inform everyone of the situation with a telepathic warning.

Ashe frowns, "Well, perhaps you might have been correct Shakhan... but I think those Hellknights will get to Trina's room shortly and brutish and cowardly-bullies that they are... it will not take a genius for them to note her only route of exit must be across the rooftops. We would be taking a risk if we returned to the roof, though we are in luck that its Hellknights - they tend to wear heavy armor and will have no speed edge on us. Though... I'm still in favor of using the streets as they are faster and easier to navigate. We are not far from the Heights... if we move swiftly and stick to the back streets we should be a ble to easily avoid the Korvosan Guard. The Korvosan Guard don't march into back allies and I'm familiar with their standing order to stay to main streets and not put themselves in a disadvantage in tight alleys where they can be ambushed."

He pauses... listening to the sound of approaching guardsmen...

"The typical Korvosan Guard 'Slum Patrol' is 4 to 8 men... Hellknights 'Slum Patrol' is 1 to 4 "Officer" Types... about as skilled as you or me in combat experience Shakhan. The 'typical' Korvosan Guardsman is way less experienced than that. But neither Korvosan Guards or Hellknights patrol 'The Shingles' unless they have their quarry in sight. It is rife with 'mugging packs' of thugs... groups 4 to 8 in number. There are a lot of Street Gangs that claim turf in 'The Shingles', they are desperate bands of cut-throats and are too dumb to know when a target should best be left alone. The Gangs can be very dangerous in large numbers... not to mention the many monsters lairing in 'The Shingles'. Its a gamble... but if everyone feels 'The Shingles' is the best way - I'll follow. Though I'm telling you 'The Shingles' alone will not get us where we need to go... they end at the edge of the Midland slums and do not extend into South Shore or the Grey District - where we need to go to get to the Grand Cathedral of PHARASMA and potential sanctuary for... our charge."

[All of the above info is straight out of the "Guide to Korvosa"... player info. I figure Ashe would know this as he spends much time chasing criminals and helping the downtrodden in the Slums of Korvosa.]

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Una, yes you can see the gaudy lad, he's swinging round a chimney pot above you on the left.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una thinks at Majenko.

{Majenko, tell Ashe, I'll try to get this lad to distract the Korvosan guard, unless he has some other ideas. I don't care to strategize on the run, but will do it if I have to. Also, we need to find a public meeting place where Trina won't be recognized.}


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Whatever we do let is move quickly. Fighting in the streets is the last thing we need.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The back streets you are in remain quiet, although you can hear growing crowd noises round to the front of the tenement building in the main road. A few folks pass you without a second glance, obviously heading to see what the ruckus is all about.

Una, the lad smiles down at you. "Hey, there. I'm Dion. Do you freerun? Wanna race?"


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe is updated by Majenko and his expression turns... concerned.

Thinking to his companion {Majenko, tell Una that sounds fine... just... be careful. Were getting out of here while we can...}

Ashe looks over at his companions, "Alright lets move with purpose... no running just determined purpose. No one seems to be paying much attention ... lets not attract it."

Ashe sets off with a purposeful stride... making his way away from the growing sound of the gathering crowd. Heading for the Heights where such crowds will not be as the Nobles district is not very crowded.

He keeps Trina close to him a reassuring hand in hers - occasionally Ashe glances her way to smile encouragingly at her. He is in no hurry, but he does not slow making his way to the broad Avenues of the Heights.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel, getting a idea curses himself for not bringing it up sooner.
Speaking quickly as they make their way through the streets and alleys.

Ashe, I can sense Chatterbeak up to a Mile away. It will be enough to act as a beacon. Chatterbeak need only keep close to the Hellknight patrol from the Air and I'll know where about they are and if they are following. We need only keep a course, avoiding Chatterbeak who will be our marker for the hellnights. Perhaps Trina could go up top with Shaktan and Una,shadowing us, that way Trina will not be with us if we bump a Guard patrol, which I'm sure 3 Korvosan medaled men, like you, Hytogg and I would not be harassed by.

Varrel knew his plan was sound but was unsure how he'd be received. Ashe had a good heart, but so many things about his character made Varrel remember his old subservience. His weakness, his place. Before he'd found his patron, before he was given purpose. But the doubts linger...


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Una thinks carefully for a minute, then readies her crossbow. She keeps her voice level and steady, but with enough of a menacing sound behind it to keep Dion's attention.

"Hello Dion. I am not going to hurt you, or kill you, but I need you to do exactly as I say. The Korvosan Guard is on the streets below, and they've been harassing my friends. I'll race with you, but only if we make as much noise as possible to distract them and get them to follow us, at least for a short time."

She points across the rooftops in the direction opposite Trina and her companions. "That way. You think you're up to the challenge? I'll even give you a prize if you beat me."

Intimidate 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe grimaces under his helm his thoughts swirling with frustration, {...well. Seems no one believes me. Well remember Ashe they are not Pathfinders... your word holds little weight with them... they are "Independants". Senior Travis at the monastery taught...'Some people can only be taught with bloodshed... often their own...sadly.' I didn't believe him at the time... guess he was right.}

Ashe looks up at the crisscrossing pathways of 'The Shingles' pondering briefly the many ambushing monsters and thugs that called the skyward slums home.

{If I keep detecting for evil... perhaps I can find some of them before they attack? Idiot. That will NOT find the most dangerous ones... the Stirges, the Pigtail Centipedes, the Shingle Spider nests and goddess knows what else... and you know it! And to what end? 'The Shigles' do not cover all of Midland anyways... and certainly do not extend to where you want to take Trina for safety! We are just going to get to a dead-end and have to come down to the streets anyways... perhaps in a less hospitable part of Midland - assuming we are not continually ambushed by monsters and thugs along the way! Maybe we'll get lucky and they will think such a heavily armed and armored group are too dangerous? 'sigh' it doesn't matter.. they don't believe you... so you'll just have to deal with it. So... do your JOB 'hero' and Protect! 'You can't save everyone Ashe'... I hated Armsmaster Garrand when he told me that... maybe because... in my heart - I knew he was right? So... you can't do this without bloodshed... fact. Now carry on - 'hero'. pffhh... a 'Real HERO' would have been more convincing... more inspiring. Keep making excuses for your failings boy... your good at that...}

Ashe is silent for a few moments gazing up at 'The Shingles' then speaks, his expression one of deep disappointment, while he readies his heavy Steel shield on his arm and draws his Longsword - as if preparing to do battle, "I do not think that is the wisest course... it will not have the results you think it will, but if you wish to try Una's plan... I am out-voted in this matter and I will support the party's wishes. But I think it is foolish to split ourselves up... if those traveling 'The Shingles' get into trouble... those on the street will NOT be able to assist or support them in time to be of any use - certainly I will not be able to ascend fast enough to help. I'll travel 'The Shingles' with Trina and the rest... and I'd suggest we all stick together... but you may have other opinions on that."

Ashe turns to Trina and whispers, 'I'm sorry.. I tried.. stay close to me... I'll try to get you to safety.'

Ashe then makes a silent prayer to IOMEDAE, {Goddess... give me strength to endure and bless our efforts, I pray... may only my blood be shed this time...}

Turning to Shakhan, "I'm not familiar with the layout of 'The Shingles'... as they change from month to month... lead on... I'll follow and assist wherever I can."


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel is a little surprised to find Ashe only slightly objecting to his idea. But pleased nonetheless. Most nobles he'd met had far too much pride to listen to lower ranks...

Very well,... together!

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Shakhan, you recall a twisting passageway that leads more or less directly in the direction of the Heights. As it goes by a dyeworks, it is not very popular with the locals... even they find it a bit smelly!

Ashe, Trinia is clinging quite tightly to your hand.

Una, Dion looks somewhat taken aback.

"You need not take that tone, I asked you if you'd care to race. If you have your own objectives in doing so, that's fine by me." He takes off in the direction you indicated.

Dion's checks: Climb 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21, Acrobatics 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30

If you are following, could you make Climb and Acrobatics checks too, please.


"tshhhp - if your nose can cope, that way," Shakhan vaguely indicates with the haft of his axe, "will go to the Heights. Not popular with anybody really, the dyeworks. Reeks. Shouldn't see much traffic."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Feeling the young woman's grip tighten upon his hand Ashe's gaze is inexorably drawn to her lovely green eyes...

Gazing into those twin emerald pools his heart melts... and an almost uncontrollable urge to wrap her gently in his arms and kiss her assails his building desires...

{Ah... Trina~ Whoa - down boy, she is just scared... it means nothing. Why is my heart racing so...?}

Ashe swallows hard and his face reddens as the warmth of her hand fills his senses...

But it is Shakhan's gruff voice that snaps him out of his reverie darting his eyes away from her captivating gaze he replies to Shakhan, "...uhmm..ah.. yes. Yes! That sounds fine Shakhan lead the way... I'll try to keep up."

{The sooner we get her to safety the sooner I can keep my distance... my gaze must seem most inappropriate... Ravishing her with my eyes... how ungentlemanly! I hope she does not notice... so unseemly! She's just a woman Ashe... yeah... A VERY lovely woman with eyes like an angel. Why is she affecting me so? I've seen pretty women before... Tessara... for a fact! Get a grip Ashe! Pfaaah... a grip is what has got my attention already...}


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

"Sorry... I'm more used to barking orders. I'll try to be more genteel, but understand I'm not very good at it." Una says swiftly as she takes off after the boy.

Climb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Dion and Una treat anyone looking up to a masterly display of the art of freerunning. Indeed, there are some cries from below, and a brief glance downwards shows all but one of the Korvosan Guard looking up. The holdout is the sergeant, who wants them to keep moving instead of staring at the local sport.

The rest of you head off down Shakhan's alleyway, which does indeed reek in an eyewatering way. (Mediaeval dye works made extensive use of such as ammonia, a common source being urine...) Unsurprisingly, apart from a couple of folks with a cart of material to be dyed and another fellow with a big barrel, the contents of which you really, really do not wish to investigate, you see nobody, and the Heights soon come into view.

Chatterbeak can see that the Hellknights have trashed Trinia's rooms, and are peering out over the rooftops. An urchin calls out that there's a good race going on, a fresh girl is giving Dion a run for his money. The youngest Hellknight is climbing out the window gingerly, he looks scared.

Majenko can see all of the above, as he's flying a bit higher. He can also see the mob, which is standing outside the front of the tenement building, and who are trying to get inside in the wake of the Hellknights. The other residents are objecting, and a brawl seems imminent.


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

Ooh, nice one, Megan. Hadn't thought that I might be identified as Trina. But if it'll make them chase me instead of her, its a good thing.

As she passes past (or over?) the Korvosan Guard she takes a quick breather. "You all looking for me?" Then continues the race, leading them away from the others.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe breathes an involuntary sigh of relief as the Heights come into view. The smell of the Tannery district foul though they are... have little to compare to the foul stenches he has endured in the Thassilonian Vaults and evil haunted tombs he has entered as a Pathfinder on mission. Quickly Ashe sheaths his Longsword and returns his shield to his back.

"Ok... we made it. Follow me I'm quite familiar with The Heights."

Looking up and back Ashe can see the tangle of 'The Shigles' behind as they end in the less savory neighborhoods of the Midland Slums in favor of the clean and uncluttered Browstone buildings, broad Avenues and upscale businesses of the wealthy districts their mantles, merlons, gargoyle roof fixtures and awning casings giving a severe gothic appearance to the Heights District. The Grade of the street has become a subtle slop uphill as the heights abut the Cliffside Sections of Korvosa and the homes of the lesser and minor nobility... the air is cleaner with the not-so-distant smell of the sea and the vague sound of crashing waves against the base of the cliffs of Korvosa. To the Southeast the Grand Mastaba of Castle Korvosa raises amidst the clutters of gothic buildings - its base hidden amongst the surrounding sprawl.

"Remember, no running and no drawn weapons. We move with purpose and no one will question our presence. Cluster around me and ...our charge to obscure her presence."

Ashe smiles at Trina and squeezes her hand reassuringly as they make their way onto the broad boulevards of the Heights.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

One Guardsman tugs at his sergeant's sleeve and points up at Una.


Shakhan still whistles appreciatively at the start of Una's performance, before she vanishes from sight. "Now that's a woman," he confides to Ashe, "you see how she slid down that pole holding it just with her thighs?" As they pass onto the Heights he instinctively takes on the dark airs of what is easily assumed to be a body guard. "Don't worry, Trinia, even Lord Charming here has the occasional inspired idea. If trouble looks bad, I'll make a scene and he'll get the job done."


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe strides along with an air of confidence and purpose. At Shakhan's confidental tone Ashe leans in to hear Shakhan and regard Una... but his reaction is to look at Shakhan in confusion. His expression totally innocent he replies, "Uhm, yeah she's a skilled acrobat... what's your point?"

The look on his face says it all... apparently Ashe does not frequent establishments where the 'entertainers' use such exotic dancing skills.

At Shakhan's comments once they enter the heights Ashe's only reaction is his cheeks blushing a brief cherry color.


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

Varrel breathes a sigh of relief as he notes the change in the streets and the growing distance from the hellnights. Hoping the bird understands he pictures Una in his mind, his connection was not strong enough for actual telepathy, but maybe the strong emotions for Una would be sufficient for the bird to understand. He had to break off the strong desire to follow her. She was well suited to tue job she'd given herself and would be insulted if he did not trust her to be capable of handling this.

I hope Una gets away alright...


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe pauses momentarily, hearing Varrel's tone of concern in his voice.

"I'll send Mejenko to relay to Chatterbox to follow her and assist her evasion... from a distance... ok, friend Varrel?"


Male Elf Magus 7 AC 23/13/21, HP75/75, F9/R5/W6, Init +4, Perception +13+2 Alertness,
Silf:
Perception +13, HP 29/29, AC 24/15/21, Saves F5/R9/W7, Bite Attack +8, 1d3-2 damage, doesn't provoke when charging

I don't think Chatterbeak could provide any kind of assistance that Una would appreciate. The bird is too loud and not very forward thinking. If you could have Majenko pass on his is to merely follow from afar and report back if she is captured and where she is taken, that would be enough. Una will find her own way to us if she gets away. She knew where we were going.


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Ashe considers.

"Perhaps. I can have Majenko stay with Chatterbox to provide assistance - if needed? But I don't think you need to worry though... Una is quite capable and deadly accurate with her crossbow!"

[RANT WARNING: And here we come to a subject that annoys me. Crossbows in D&D. They are supposed to be a big threat... in fact they were designed historically to pierce heavy plate armor. But in D&D they do nothing of the sort. In the 2nd Edition D&D - Player's Options: Combat & Tactics Supplemental Rules, this was addressed as at short range Crossbows reduced metal Armors AC protection by -4. This brought Crossbows into the real focus and made them useful. Of the few things from 2nd Edition I wish would have made it into 3rd Edition... THIS is the one I miss the most - for it made the MOST sense! {sigh}... ok. Rant over.]


Human Crossbow Weapon Master 4 / Sniper Rogue 2 / Hunter 2

I think the increased damage and critical range of the crossbow account for 'armor piercing'. But 2nd Edition did like to be a little more realistic. Its one of the reasons I liked it quite a bit. Especially with the Options books.

Liberty's Edge

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The rooftop race ends in a dead heat. Dion is impressed with Una's skills.

Meanwhile, the young Hellknight attempts some freerunning of his own out of Trinia's apartment window... and realises (briefly) that a suit of plate is not ideal attire. Briefly, because he soon impacts the ground, from three stories up, with a resounding *SPLAT!* and, none of the assembled crowd being too keen on wasting healing on a Hellknight, he is soon on parade before his Maker.

The Korvosan Guards, realising that they are not cut out for successful careers as freerunners, content themselves with arresting everyone present instead.

And the bunch of you in the Heights are free to go on their way unmolested. Where do you all want to go?


Male
Usable:
Smite Evil: 4 / 3; Lay On Hands[Chanel: PE]: 7[11 c:pe] / 6 [11]
Human Paladin 6 / Bard 1 / Holy Vindicator 1 | AC 24{28 ‘32’} [se: 28{32 ‘36’}] T 12 ‘16’ [se: 15 ‘21’] FF 23{27 ‘31’} [se: 27{31 ‘35’}] | HP 68/47 | F +13 R +11 W +15{+16enh} | Init +1{+2} | Perc {+7}
Common Skills:
Bluff +9, Diplomacy +10(+11K), Heal +15, Kno {Religion} +10, Perform {Sing} +8, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Dev +8

Seeing that there were no pursuers, Ashe pulled everyone aside to a fountain park along one of the boulevards.

Speaking softly, "Well we seem to have lost any pursuit. I was going to make directly for South Shore District which abuts the Gray District. There is a direct gate from South Shore that takes one directly into the Gray District and the street leads straight to the Cathedral of PHARASMA. The Gate is not guarded and only watched by the clergy of PHARASMA. At the Cathedral a proper, questioning under a Discern Lies miracle from the clergy - with no coercion or threats of forced confession can be done and the truth about our young ladies involvement in this be unquestioningly be found. Does anyone object to this?"

Ashe pats Trina's hand reassuringly and smiles warmly for her his frosty blue eyes holding no deception, "Rest assured... milady... no harm will be done you, or threatened to be done to you - if truth is what is in your heart."

1,851 to 1,900 of 6,135 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Megan's Curse of the Crimson Throne [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.