Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Lost Memories of Sorrow

Game Master BinkyBo


51 to 100 of 1,774 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Perception:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Braxton nods in agreement with Errik's idea and looks over the equipment that only a gnome and one other is looking over.

Appraise:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


The drudging equipment, mounted on a horse drawn wagon, looks like the body of a huge bee made of glass. Bands of contraptions, valves and gauges are fitted around it. A large clunky black tube fixed to the back of the glass "tube" goes into the muck. It is not currently making any noise (might be turned off) but it occasionally lets out a puff of steam.

Braxton Appraise:

There must be some magic involved, but it is not immediately clear how it works or if any of it is salvageable/useful as an individual component.

overhead image of the area


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" Well this puts a bit of a damper on my theories. " Errik says, more to himself than to anyone around. " Would you mind If I inspect the bodies? " Errik kneels down by the bodies and takes out his dagger. He carefully inspects the corpses looking for how they were killed, how long they've been dead and whether they are human or not (prying the mouths open to get a look at their tongues.

Rolls:
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Incase they are not human and need identifying.
Kn Religion Taking 20 with Lore master 20 + 4 = 24
Kn Arcana Taking 10 with Lore master 10 + 9 = 19
Kn Nature Taking 10 with Lore master 10 + 8 = 18
Kn Dungeoneering Taking 10 with Lore master 10 + 11 = 21


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

Senthiri stood there for a moment. As Errik and Braxton began examining this, and that Senthiri simply goggled. "I thought they were the bad guys? Senthiri said in Argot. What happened?

Finally after a moment or two, Senthiri began to look around the area. He began looking at the surrounding area to see if there were anything unusual in the area.

Rolls:

survival for footprints 1d20 ⇒ 1
perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


The two watch Errik kneel over the corpses .. the gnome starts to object, but the foreman speaks up "No its fine .. " When Errik pulls out his dagger and starts prying their mouths open the gnome says "Wha- Sir?" The foreman adds, "Maybe we should wait for the warden .. besides, there is something I would like you to take a look at for me." cocking his head toward the stairs to the "tomb".

Errik:

You start to inspect the bodies .. they are dead, both slashed or stabbed in the belly. They both appear to have been rolled over since found from the amount of caked mud on their clothes and faces. You get Fawni's mouth open enough to see a normal human tongue before the foreman starts asking you to wait. There is something not quite right about the condition of the corpse, but no signs of not being human.

Senthiri:

Your scan of the area garners no new information ..
The ground is a mess of footprints, presumably from the crowd -- no tracks of anything inhuman that you can see..


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik holds up a hand to the foreman " Just another moment please? " He casts detect magic to check the bodies over for glamers or magical preservation before getting up to look at the tomb. He keeps the spell active as he gets up, suddenly distrustful of the whole situation.

Rolls:
Sense Motive to make sure these guys are not playing us 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Perception to look for traps 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


When Errik asks for a moment, the gnome strides up .. he starts to speak "He said stop!" and shoves Errik as he casts the spell. shove vs CMD (provokes AoO from Errik if he drops spell)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Errik:

roll d20 please and concentration check 0 damage.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Concentration:
1d20 + 5 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 16 5 CL, 5 Cha mod, 4 Combat casting
Errik does his best to ignore the gnome and concentrate on casting his spell but a look of anger flashes across his face.


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton clenches his fist and holds it up, "Hey little one, just let him be. Trust me he is helping, if you gots a problem with it we can have a talk. What do you say, mate?"

Intimidate:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


The gnome turns toward Braxton, and balls his fist as well.

"Easy easy! " The foreman comes forward and collars the gnome. "Sorry .. he's .. well .. please, come have a look. I understand you are the resident linguist.."

Errik Detect magic:

you maintain the spell, and detect nothing. However, being aberrations (which admittedly they don't appear to be now) would not be detectable by the your spell and their ability could very likely be non-magical. No lingering auras or signs of magic on the two workers either. It just doesn't add up ...

Braxton:

Your intimidation briefly burns off what little veneer of civility the gnome engineer has, you see a flash of some serious rage in those beady eyes.

Werend to Senthiri:

"I swear, if this turns into another 'bare knuckle brawl' that I sit and watch, I might as well be inexorably bound to a sewing needle... "


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik gets up and follows the man warily to the tomb. " That is one of my talents, yes. " he says keeping an eye on the man.

Linguistics if needed:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


The foreman walks down the stone steps into the dark tomb ... "We have found our way past the first obstacle... by chance. The language is unknown to us .. seems impervious to comprehension even through arcane and divine means.. "

The gnome watches Errik and the foreman then looks at Senthiri and Braxton - arms crossed. "After you.." coolly..


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

Senthiri watches as Braxton threatens the gnome. He has his hand on his sword before he realizes it, though the foreman stops the fight. As the foerman begins to explain Senthiri smiles. Though it doesn't seem to be in response to anything the foreman says.

To Werend:
Don't worry old friend, I think it won't be long before we put you to some use.

As the gnome points them into the tomb, Senthiri eyes him carefully. On a hunch he speaks Argot to the Gnome, "Thanks." and looks for any sign of recognition as he steps past.

Sense Motive:

1d20 ⇒ 13


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton will try to lag behind everybody, wanting to be the one behind them all. As he starts to follow the group down he "accidently" drops one of his pouches of marbles and drops down to pick them up in the mud. "Oh bloody ales, I'll catch up to you all in a moment. I knew I should of fixed that strap early but my cheap nature." He grumbles as he picks up most of his contents and will go into the tomb after his friends and the other two.

Rolls:
Sleight of Hand:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Bluff:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


The foreman continues into darkness "You will be rewarded if you are able to assist us."

The gnome responds to Senthiri with a 'harumph'. When Braxton drops his marbles and starts picking them up the gnome looks agitated "Just leave them!" he goes down the first step and turns back. He gives an exasperated 'gah'...

Senthiri sense motive:

it is a possibility his response had nothing to do with the particular word in Argot.


The sound of the foreman's footsteps stop and hear him sigh... he speaks "How many millenia will it take to learn to quell your temper?" you then hear a strange inhuman words come from the darkness about where the foreman is standing.
I'll post map .. but foreman is just out of area of low-light that comes in from outside. Errik is still on stairs 10 feet from him (can just barely make out his form)

Senthiri:

you speak aquan .. good job. In Aquan:"We don't need the other two .. kill them and seal the lid .. don't spoil this one.." you turn and see the gnome facing Braxton..

Errik linguistics:

sounds like Aquan

Braxton:

As the words come from the edge of the darkness, the gnome turns toward you .. you see the intense rage you saw earlier, and then he starts to grow.. his skin starts to crack and separate -- as if floating on the oily black surface below..


Initiative rolls:

Braxton 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Errik1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Senthiri1d20 ⇒ 18
gnome+foreman1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Round 1
Senthiri
gnome
foreman
Braxton
Errik

map


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

Werend:
Looks like you'll get your chance to fight now old friend.

Senthiri moves forward pulling Werend out of his sheath as he does. The ringing of the sword echoes through the tomb in time with Senthiri's voice, "Errik, they want to take you alive. Use it against them." Werend glows for a moment before flames burst outward, surrounding him. The firelight glints off his edges, making them appear sharper than ever.

As Senthiri steps up next to the gnome, he begins casting a spell--the movements and words coming easily. Just as he finishes, he gives a mighty swing with Werend, who now crackles with electricity as well.

Rolls, etc.:

Move action:Draw Werend in conjunction with moving to O26
Swift action:Spend an Arcane point to add flaming and keen to Werend
Standard action:Cast "Shocking Grasp" while using spellstrike. Use Werend to deliver the spell.
Attack roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 +3 more if he is wearing metal armor or wielding a metal weapon.
Damage:
Melee Attack: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Flaming: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Shocking Grasp: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1, 5, 3) = 19


The thing that was a gnome starts to reach for Braxton, but is distracted as Werend erupts in flame. The glow from the sword reflects off the glossy rubbery black "skin" of the creature -- pink gnome flesh completely gone.. Senthiri's blade strikes his shoulder with a thud .. the electricity and flames sizzle around it.
The faceless creature growls and attempts to shoulder Senthiri down the steps. bull rush vs CMD161d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Senthiri-Acro(balance check)DC13:
success = pushed back 5'
fail = fall down steps (1d6 non-lethal)

The foreman speaks to Errik .. "You will not interfere"

Errik-Will save DC15:
fail=view foreman as a friend


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

Acrobatics:
1d20 ⇒ 5

Senthiri tries to catch his footing as he's pushed backwards, but misses a step and tumbles down the stairs.

Damage:
1d6 ⇒ 3


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Will Save:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
" I think I will, thank you! " Errik replies as he fights off the magical compulsion.


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"What in bloody ales are you?!" With that comment Braxton pulls out his cold iron shovel and smashes the creature with it.

Shovel attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage:1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik pulls out his bow rapidly stringing it and fires an arrow at the Foreman/beast.

Rolls:
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Point blank shot included

Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 What are these monsters?


Senthiri tumbles down to Errik's feet. (O,20)

Braxton's shovel thumps into the creature, but not with enough force to affect it..

Errik's arrow misses the foreman completely ..

Errik:

You aren't quite sure .. but as your eyes start to adjust to the dark, you see the foreman start to transform as well .. licking his lips with a long tongue.

Round 2
Senthiri
protognome
foreman
Braxton
Errik

round 2 map


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

As Senthiri comes to a stop at Errik's feet, Senthiri stands. He turns toward what used to be a gnome, but looks down at the stairs beneath his feet. Senthiri grits his teeth. He begins to cast a spell, pulling some fine bull hairs from the pouch at his side. As the spell ends Senthiri's muscles begin to bulge. Senthiri stares up at the gnome, a hard look in his eye.

Aquan:
"Well that tickled. But is that all you can really do? Shove people around? I'd like to see you try to actually hit me."

Actions:

Move action:Stand up
Standard Action:Cast "Bull's Strength" on myself.


You hear a familiar irritating laugh from the creature at the top of the steps.. It reaches for Braxton's shovel .. disarm vs Braxton: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
.. It yanks and drops the shovel down the steps. Acidic colors swirl in the black under it's transparent glossy skin, and dance expressively where a face as it turns toward Braxton -- two small tongues extend and quiver above and below the third long hollow tongue ..
"Join your friends junk peddler .. let me drink your seecrets.." It speaks these words in Fawni's voice... It spreads its disproportionately long arms and clawed fingers ... showing Braxton its impressive reach.

Spoiler:

pic


The foreman expands -- bursts out of his clothing. His false flesh rips and sinks into the black underneath. He takes a step forward. His still growing and morphing right arm swings at Senthiri 10' reach Slam vs Senthiri: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
5'step to (P,18)

It turns to its ally

Aquan:

"Get him down here at once! You needlessly risk being seen .. Any witnesses to our hosts' true forms must be dealt with..."


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

This occurs after Braxton' turn

Concentration:
DC 17 to cast Grease on the defensive. [dice] 1d20+ 9+ 4 [dice]

Errik Shudders at the sound of Fawni's voice coming from the hideous beast on the stairs. He ducks and weaves to avoid any blows the beast in front of him may make to disrupt his spell while he grabs some butter from a pouch as he steps back. Looking over his shoulder he Completes the gestures and words necessary for his slipping spell. " be careful on the stairs in front of you Braxton! " He yells as a warning to his friend.

Crunch:
[ooc] 5 foot step to N20.
Cast Grease on the defensive targeting squares N26-27 and O26-27
Reflex save DC for grease = 16

Grease:
Grease

School conjuration (creation); Level bard 1, magus 1, sorcerer/wizard 1, summoner 1

CASTING
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (butter)

EFFECT
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one object or 10-ft. square
Duration 1 min./level (D)
Save see text; SR no

DESCRIPTION
A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.

The spell can also be used to create a greasy coating on an item. Material objects not in use are always affected by this spell, while an object wielded or employed by a creature requires its bearer to make a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect. If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item. A creature wearing greased armor or clothing gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Escape Artist checks and combat maneuver checks made to escape a grapple, and to their CMD to avoid being grappled.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton takes a step back and pulls out a vial and shakes it up and throws it at the gnome, "Me Seeeecrets aren't for drinking, but you can suck on this!" As he throws the bomb at the creature but it goes terribly off target, I guess the hangover isn't helping.

Percise Bombing will be used to avoid hitting any of his allies.
Bomb throw:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage:2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 = 9


The creature uses its natural reach to strike Braxton while he throws his bomb .. AoO 10' reach slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

...it's blow is ineffective but does upset Braxton's aim. The bomb explodes several feet off target, but does get a reaction from the creature.

bomb miss:

1d8 ⇒ 7 range increment 1 =(Q,27), right?

Grease:

conc check1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 4 = 24
Reflex saveDC 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 failed
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

A greasy substance appears on the steps below what was a gnome .. it immediately slips falling face first on the steps. The nature of its landing causes it to slide just a few feet.


Round 3
Senthiri
protognome
foreman
Braxton
Errik

map


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

Senthiri laughs wildly as the no-longer-gnome falls on the stairs. He begins casting a spell, his face a picture of concentration as he strives to keep his guard up as well. But nothing happens, and Senthiri grits his teeth. He steps forward with a quick motion and attacks the foreman.

Spoiler:
Full-round action: Spell Combat, Cast "Shield" defensively. Take a 5' step to 019. Attack.
Concentration: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26(-2 penalty for Spell combat, +2 for Bull's Strength)
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 ⇒ 3

Edit:Woohoo! Critical threat.
Crit Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


The fiery glow of Werend illuminates the foreman's new form .. highlights of flickering flame on its glossy skin. A horrible "SCREEEEE" and a sizzling sound comes from the foreman as Senthiri's flaming black blade cuts viciously into him ..

The thing that was a gnome turns and tries to get to Senthiri (in common) "You smug fool!" .. again in Fawni's voice .. it stumbles a bit but gets close enough to slam Senthiri with a slam of its fist. ...5 damage

rolls:
acro check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
move to (O,21)
10' reach slam: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 damage
---------
foreman 5' step to (Q,17), cast std action spell

The foreman speaks ...
Aquan:
"These humans are not as weak. Flee! You are losing control of your host! .. I will hold them off."
.. he takes a step back scoops up a loose stone, then gestures .. a darkness starts enveloping the area.

map

edit: darkness .. not mist sorry


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Braxton tired of this former gnome's annoying comments, "Just shut up, 3 tongued freak!" With that he moves in taking out his crowbar and in two hands smashes it on the creatures head.

Attack:
Using Power attck:
Attack w/ Mswk Crowbar1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage:1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Braxton:

you will be going through grease to get to him.. will take a DC10 Acro check.


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

Errik Attempts to tumble away from the gnome beasts reach, silently cursing the magical darkness that has sprung up around his friend. He springs up and fires an arrow at the beast on the stairs.

Crunch:

Tumble Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Move to L18.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9, Damage if hit: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 (Point blank shot included)

Gallant Inspiration cast incase Braxton needs it for the acrobatics check:
Concentration Check as I'd still be standing next to an enemy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 bonus to Braxtons check: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Gallant Inspiration
School divination; Level bard 2

CASTING
Casting Time 1 immediate action
Components V
EFFECT
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets one living creature
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Will negates (harmless); Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION
This word of arcane-empowered inspiration often ensures success of a crucial endeavor. Cast this spell when a creature fails an attack roll or skill check. The creature gains a +2d4 competence bonus to the attack roll or skill check retroactively.

If the bonus is enough to turn the failure into a success, the roll succeeds.

Ugh rolls so bad :( If Braxton still fails the check Errik will instead dismiss his grease spell and then try to tumble away... Not very successfully.


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Acrobatics:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7+4 = 11 Thanks bud!


The head of what was a gnome, balloons out on either side of the crowbar with the strike. It does not strike at Errik as he tumbles away.. trying instead to deny Errik a clear shot by leaning into the darkness.. before facing off with one he is permitted to spoil..

Round 4
Senthiri
protognome
foreman
Braxton
Errik

map re-did map to make dark, magical dark, and low-light areas more clear (lowlight on steps and crescent shape where Errik is)


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

Senthiri watches the "gnome" move down the stairs towards him and the foreman take a step back before everything goes dark.
He curses under his breath, but only hesitates a moment. He steps forward again towards where he last saw the foreman. He grabs Werend with both hands and swings with all the power he can.

Rolls:
5' step to Q18. Power attack against where I last saw the foreman (R17).

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 201d6 ⇒ 4How do you want me to do the miss chance


total concealment miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 50 miss


Fawni's voice comes from the beast again "I do not break so easy.." It's arms extend around Braxton, and unsuccessfully attempts to bearhug him.

rolls actions:
grapple vs Braxton 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 fail
-----
ranged touch attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 miss

The foreman chants briefly from the darkness ... Senthiri hears a sizzling sound fly past his head.. and catches a glimpse of its outstretched hand in the dampened glow of Werend's flame with his backswing.


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

"Neither do us junk peddlers, you little....AHHH!" He roars as the anger takes his mind, he quickly drinks from a flask on his belt and drops as he finishes. He grips his crowbar and slams it into the beast.

Crunch:
Going into rage as a free action,
Using Raging drunk to drink the Beastform Mutagen of dex(as a move action and grants 30ft Darkvision) doesn't provoke cause of Raging drunk.
New Crowbar Power attack:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage:1d6 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Current Stats: Str:22 Dex:18 Con:16 Wis:9 New HP:44/40
New AC:20


Status:
HP: 27/27(13 Non lethal) | AC: 17 | Touch: 12 | Flat Footed: 15 | Fort:+1, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | CMD: 15 | Spells Cast: 1st 3, 2nd 1 | Arch Luck: 6/8 used|

" Well now this darkness simply will not do! " Errik states in argot as he pulls a scroll from his belt and holding it in the same hand as his bow allows it to unfurl. He begins chanting and making gestures with his free hand.

Crunch:
using my dispel magic scroll CL5. Targeting the darkness spell. Caster level check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Dispel Magic

School abjuration; Level antipaladin 3, bard 3, cleric/oracle 3, druid 4, inquisitor 3, magus 3, paladin 3, sorcerer/wizard 3, summoner 3, witch 3; Domain magic 3; Bloodline arcane 3

CASTING

Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S

EFFECT

Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target or Area one spellcaster, creature, or object
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

DESCRIPTION
You can use dispel magic to end one ongoing spell that has been cast on a creature or object, to temporarily suppress the magical abilities of a magic item, or to counter another spellcaster's spell. A dispelled spell ends as if its duration had expired. Some spells, as detailed in their descriptions, can't be defeated by dispel magic. Dispel magic can dispel (but not counter) spell-like effects just as it does spells. The effect of a spell with an instantaneous duration can't be dispelled, because the magical effect is already over before the dispel magic can take effect.

You choose to use dispel magic in one of two ways: a targeted dispel or a counterspell.

Targeted Dispel: One object, creature, or spell is the target of the dispel magic spell. You make one dispel check (1d20 + your caster level) and compare that to the spell with highest caster level (DC = 11 + the spell's caster level). If successful, that spell ends. If not, compare the same result to the spell with the next highest caster level. Repeat this process until you have dispelled one spell affecting the target, or you have failed to dispel every spell.

For example, a 7th-level caster casts dispel magic, targeting a creature affected by stoneskin (caster level 12th) and fly (caster level 6th). The caster level check results in a 19. This check is not high enough to end the stoneskin (which would have required a 23 or higher), but it is high enough to end the fly (which only required a 17). Had the dispel check resulted in a 23 or higher, the stoneskin would have been dispelled, leaving the fly intact. Had the dispel check been a 16 or less, no spells would have been affected.

You can also use a targeted dispel to specifically end one spell affecting the target or one spell affecting an area (such as a wall of fire). You must name the specific spell effect to be targeted in this way. If your caster level check is equal to or higher than the DC of that spell, it ends. No other spells or effects on the target are dispelled if your check is not high enough to end the targeted effect.


The Fawni-voiced creature deflects Braxton's crowbar..
.. the circle of darkness fades the foreman hisses

Aquan:
"You said it would target him!"

Round 5
Senthiri
protognome
foreman
Braxton
Errik

map


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

Light floods in around Senthiri. He smiles mockingly at the foreman. As the foreman yells, Senthiri takes his chance to strike. He swings hard at the foreman. Then a look of concentration crosses Senthiri's face and he begins to cast a spell. He takes another swing at the foreman, this time, Werend crackles with electricity.

Actions:
Full round: Spell Combat. Attack, using power attack. Then spend another Arcane point to recall Shocking Grasp using “Spell Recall.” Then cast it, using Werend to deliver the spell through Spell Strike.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d6 ⇒ 2
Concentration Check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Attack roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23+3 more if wearing or wielding metal.
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d6 ⇒ 25d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2, 5, 4) = 20
Edit:Now that I look at it after it's been posted, that might just be overkill . . . whoops.


The foreman flails in a panic -- his cover gone.. He reflexively cringes in half-fetal position in anticipation of the blow. Werend cuts through the clear rubbery flesh with a tearing pop. Thick black fluid pours out of the wound with a "glorp glorp", and he crumples like an empty sack.

The Fawni-voiced one makes an angry staccato growl. "You have not seen the last of us ... We will always be near. We will have your secrets and free ourselves. We will return to this world in our true form AND RULE!" The creature attempts to flee up the stairs ...


Braxton gets an AoO from creature trying to run past him

creature vs grease:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
if Braxton can't stop him he gets up the stairs and out of view at end of his turn


Male Human(Tintalian) Alchemist(Beastmorph)-3/Drunken Brute (Barbarian)-2

Crowbar Slam:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Damage:1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


As the creature tries to push its way past Braxton, its leg bursts from the swing of the crowbar. It falls and pounds its fist once before the skin "empties" deflated .. lifeless. Its oily guts flow formless down the steps.


Male Human Magus (Bladebound) 5

As the last monster deflates Senthiri takes a look around, making sure they are entirely out of danger.

Perception:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Werend:

Thank you my friend. You fought well.

51 to 100 of 1,774 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lost Memories of Sorrow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.