Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Living in the Lands of the Linnorm

Game Master Aiunder

Savol Kodiakborne is a living legend. Now he returns home to the North to claim his ancestral homelands and with your help he just might get that chance.


401 to 450 of 4,935 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

I don't know what Zethyris is talking about, there is no comparison between that ill-mannered little runt and my brother. It is a cruel joke that some god has played to take Val from me and send that one up here instead. Dagmar tries to push those thoughts out of her mind as she wipes away a tear and then continues packing for the upcoming trip.


LG male human [taldan] paladin of Shelyn 1 [AC 18/12/16; hp 1/10]

Andreas takes a few moments to examine the medallion, his finger tracing the design. "A good mark for an Ulfen hero."

Rutilux wrote:
Rutilux frowns at Julian, and stiffens, "That is enough. Dagmar has healed our wounds, kept us alive. She stands by our side against the dangers of this land and faces them bravely. Show her respect. She has earned it."

The paladin nods in agreement. "You would be wise to choose your words with care, Julian. Dagmar has proven herself a gifted healer, and healers understand how the body functions. They can often inflict harm just as easily as they mend wounds, and in ways that you cannot notice until it is too late. I'd recommend staying in her good graces."


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 8

"I judge by actions, not words. And I have total faith that she, as any true follower of our great leader, will do her job well; just as I have endeavored to do."


Heading over to the supply tents you can see the brothers hard at work overseeing the construction of what appears to be a very large, square pit roughly thirty feet wide and eighty feet long while others are taking apart most of the supply wagons and sorting the lumber by size. The crates of supplies are all stacked neatly out of the way and covered with tarps. The brothers seem to be having a discussion and dont seem to notice when you arrive. Toopil"No Binar, we don't have enough lumber to build you a restaurant or a kitchen. And I'm too busy trying to figure out how were going to keep everyone warm when winter comes to really care right now!Binar"There only so much I can do cooking over a firepit. My restaurant used to cater to the finest palettes from all over the world. And besides what have I got to cook? Potatoes? And more potatoes, oh what's this? Yup more bloody potatoes. You're the quartermaster so where are MY supplies?" At this point Toopil turns around to respond and sees everyone standing there staring, bites off whatever retort he was going to make and with a laugh shoves Binar out of the way strides up and gives the closest one a big pat on the shoulder. "Welcome back heroes! So what can I find for you today?"


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Approaching the quartermaster's tent, Isham looks around at the company, "So what do we think we'll need - several days trail rations, horses for all of us... Anything special anyone can think of?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"Maybe some tents in case any storms pop up? There's not much cover to be found on an open plain." And I certainly don't want to spend a whole night unable to sleep because I'm getting rained or snowed on.


Female Human Sorcerer 8, HP 63, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 6 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Anastasiya turns to the group, "Do you think we should bother to bring any trade goods? Potatoes maybe?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)

"I suppose we could bring some form of gift to our soon to be hosts?"


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 90/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

A gift would not be bad, nothing that looks like a bribe, but something that will show appreciation and fellowship. Do the Kodiakborne have any crafts of note?


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"Do we have any fine horse gear that they might appreciate? Perhaps something picked up in one of the southern lands that they might not have seen before?"


Toopil"Hmmm, a token or gift related to horses? Well I have a decorative saddle gifted to Savol by desert nomads south Osiria, or maybe that small marble statue of a stallion that Savol found in that dragon's hoard and then there's that large wall hanging of wild horses that noble tried to bribe Savol with in Taldor. Take your pick." While you all decide on a proper gift he finishes making arrangements for some tents and some winter blankets to go with them and Binar comes back with two satchels of food (Dried meats and berries as well as cheese and trail-bread) and a small cask of mead.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 90/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

A saddle would be a practical gift.


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Isham takes a look at the wall hanging. He specifically looks for any sort of religious or mythic/allegorical meaning in the illustration.

No real applicable skills.. anyone with knowledge(religion), or knowledge(history), or knowledge(nobles and nobility)?
Int check?? 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"I agree a saddle would be practical, if it's a practical saddle. I'm thinking also that a wall hanging might work in, say, a tent or a yjurt."

Isham also inspects the saddle to determine its practicality as a usable saddle.

Skill check, ride: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

As a fellow Ulfen, does Dagmar find the saddle too gaudy for another Ulfen to use?
Int check? 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


The saddle is described to you as an ornate leather saddle covered completely in elaborate scrollwork and studded with silver instead of regular nails. The wall art as far as Toopil remembers is just a picture of a wild herd of horses running across a meadow with mountains in the background, he doesn't remember any symbols or writing on it but he thinks its around thirty or more feet long (when not rolled up)

and practical items tend to have more value to most ulfen than decorations. Sorry Jediah missed your post until now. The Kodiak's craft is war, their clan has always been known for battle and defending people, if any craft would be true to them it would be a shield which Toopil can make for you.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)

"All three items are magnificent," The cavalier says in admiring tones.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Dagmar sighs. "The saddle was a good idea, but that one seems a bit gaudy for an Ulfen leader to actually use. Perhaps that's why Soval himself isn't using it. Perhaps something more practical."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 90/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Well just how much time do we have to get a suitable gift done?


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 8

"In my lands, a gift should be something of your own. Regiving a gift given is rather ...how do you say ...悪趣味で ...uh, in bad ...taste. Perhaps something less gaudy but larger in number. Kodiakborne shields could work. Or bearskin clothing ...this would not only please the recipient but mark them as allies."


Male Half-Elf Rogue 6 / Aldori Swordlord 1 / Duelist 1 (HP: 62/64 | AC:24 T:18 FF:24 [+2 vs traps, +4 vs movement AoO]| F:+6 R:+14 (+16 vs traps) W:+6 | Init +7 [+9] Per +15 (+18 vs traps)

"So, seems the saddle is out. Shields... that's an idea. I don't think they would have much USE for a statue or hanging, though they might appreciate the gesture regardless."

"Unless they have no respect for such frippery and would be insulted, of course. Is that likely?" Zethyris asks Dagmar/DM ARC ;), his eyebrow arching upward.

"Toopil, do we have any shields to spare? That is, any undamaged ones?" Zethyris questions with a wink.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Taking time to ponder the question, Dagmar answers Zethyris. A shield may be the best choice of a gift."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)

"A pity, these are all fine items," Rutilux says with a sigh


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 90/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Yes, a shield sounds good.


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

Dagmar nods in agreement with Rutilux. "Yes the items are all fine and quite pretty. That's the problem, you might give a woman something pretty, but not a man."

At least that's my opinion on it. :)


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 90/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Jediah seems about to say something but gets a sudden hit of wisdom and keeps silent.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)

Rutilux isn't sure how to respond to that. Cultural differences, I suppose.


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 8

"Ragnasdottir-san is wise. Forget not that every action is real and symbolic. The giving of a shield is fraternal and welcoming without tyranny."


"So you want an unused shield? In Kodiak style I'm guessing. This is supposed to be a gift for the Oakrun? Okay I can make a fine shield for you as a gift to them but if you want to really impress them it should be rare or have significance to them. Why don't you go talk to Jild, she can probably give you some advice about that. Afterall she spends enough time reading and learning old stories she may have heard something of use."

If you just want him to make a normal shield ignore the rest

You find Jild without much trouble in the tent that she and her mother share reading through an ancient scroll that she puts away when she hears you calling.
"Greetings friends, its been a while since you've come to chat with me Dagmar are they keeping you that busy?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"Impressing them is the idea, so I guess we'll go have a chat with Jild" I've been meaning to go see her soon anyway. I wish we had time for a long talk.

Dagmar will the lead the way to her friends tent. At Jild's greeting she'll go over to her and give her a hug. "Busier than I expected to be, that is for sure. Still busy since we're here to ask you for your help. You see, we've asked Toopil to work on a shield that is going to be a gift for the Oakrun tribe and we were wondering if you could give us any advice on what could be done to make it have special signifigance to them?"


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

Isham observes intently, trying to glean better insight into the Ulfen tribal customs that he's committed his fortunes to. Without intruding, he listens, nods approvingly, and attempts to project supportive participation as Dagmar and Jediah help sort through sensitivities and motivations of horse clan leaders.

'Shields are an excellent idea, and not one I would have struck on. It's good to see both the contributions of knowledge and the respect that the rest of the team is showing that knowledge. Ah - there is so much to learn of these Northmen.'


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 8

"Symbolism," Julian emphasizes helpfully.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)

"I wonder what their symbol IS exactly, I should really familiarize myself with the local heraldry more."


Jild listens to Dagmar and Rutilux then quietly ponders, one brightly painted nail tapping lightly on her lower lip. Standing she heads over to a large chest bound in simple brass and starts rummaging through it reaching down to the bottom and you can hear the sound of books and scrolls being jostled around. It takes you several moments to realize that the chest can't possibly be as deep or as full as it seems with the teenage ulfen bent down up to her shoulders in a chest less than two feet deep. As she continues to rummage, pulling out simple rolled parchment, elaborate scrolls with bronze and silver binding posts as well as a few hefty books until she finally pulls out what she seemed to be looking for."Here it is. The exodus of the Oakrunners This is a collection of journal entries from a member of their clan. Lets see.She begins skimming over the scroll"Here we go, it looks like they fled their homes because they had attracted the ire of the fae of Grungir forest. They used to live at the edge of the forest making a living like they do now as well as from within the forest. If you want something special maybe you can get some of this black oak that the author kept referring to which is apparently where their clan gets their name and their symbol, a black oak tree on a green banner. Or maybe some cold iron since they don't seem to like fae."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)

"Interesting, I wouldn't mind reading those journal entries sometime."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"Well, I guess before we decide we could first ask Toopil if he happens to have either of those materials on hand to craft the shield with."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 90/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Hmm..If we get black oak, we might very well be running into the fey if they still dwell in the forest.


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 8

"A proud and magnificent black oak sheltering a family of fierce bears. A relationship."


"I doubt Toopil would have any cold iron. I think we used the last of it making ammunition last year when we were passing near the Worldwound unless he managed to get some more and he definitely doesn't have any black oak. Real Black Oak is very rare and only grows deep in forests touched by the Firstworld like Grungir Forest. I'm sure my mother would let you borrow it when she gets back Rutilux." Pulling out another scroll Jild shows you a sketch of a large, dark oak tree towering over a clearing in a dense wood.

perception DC15:

at first glance you don't notice anything amiss but just as your about to look away you can see a small person depicted at the base of the tree standing just over the height of the roots which if accurate would mean the tree was enormous.

perception DC20:

in addition to the above, you swear you can see something hiding among the tree branches that looks likes eyes amongst the leaves and to make matters worse the more you look the more eyes you can see in the picture.


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 90/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Female Human Sorcerer 8, HP 63, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 6 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7

"Bears?" Anastasiya gives Julian a puzzled look.

"Anyways, lets go to Grungir Forest and find us some black oak. Oak from Grungir Forest will have even more symbolic value to the Oakrun, than any oak we might have brought with us. It will prove the strength of the Kodiakborne clan, that we can deal with the fey that drove the Oakrun away. You're not afraid of the fey Jediah, are you?" She pats Jediah on the shoulder.

"Jild, do you happen to have a map of Grungir Forest?"


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 8

"Yes, bears. I think it would be wise to include bear imagery on the shield. It makes the enticing gift a literal symbol of allegiance."


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 90/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

No, JUst wary that we might encounter something greater than we can handle.


Female Human Sorcerer 8, HP 63, AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 6 (+2 vs. charm, cold, fear, fire, sleep)

In reply to Julian:
"Ah, now I see. The bears would symbolize us, right? That makes sense."

In reply to Jediah:
"Perhaps. But if we always stay at home because something dangerous might be out there we will never reclaim Savol's territory. Besides, maybe the fey can even be reasoned with. Grungir Forest borders to Irrisen. We might have a common enemy there if we can convince the fey that the Kodiakborne clan would be a better neighbor than Irrisen."

Besides, I really want to go on a fey forest sidequest now.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Cavalier of the Sword 8 (HP:73/76)(AC 25/11t/24ff [+1 vs range with shield]; F+9, R+3,W+5)
Quote:
I'm sure my mother would let you borrow it when she gets back Rutilux."

"Very kind, my thanks to you and her for considering it."

He listens to Julian's idea, "You have more poet in you than I expected, Julian." He says approvingly.

Quote:
"Perhaps. But if we always stay at home because something dangerous might be out there we will never reclaim Savol's territory. Besides, maybe the fey can even be reasoned with. Grungir Forest borders to Irrisen. We might have a common enemy there if we can convince the fey that the Kodiakborne clan would be a better neighbor than Irrisen."

Rutilux listens, "Besides cold iron, how does one even fight fey if one must? The stories I hear, by the time you're there to fight them, they're gone, and then back again when you relax."


male (HP43/43 AC 21 | T 14 | FF 17 | CMD 21 | F +6 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +10) Garundi Ranger (Freebooter) 2 / Bard 4

"That is an excellent observation Julian."

"I think some fresh black oak would be a very symbolic and substantial gift for the Oakrun, and demonstrate our understanding and respect of the Oakrun and their history."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

"Since it sounds like we may be going to get some black oak, can you give us any tips on dealing diplomatically with any fae we may meet? I'd prefer to avoid any fights with them and it is quite easy to give offense when you don't understand someone's culture."


M Human AC19 F:+3, R:+9, W: +4 Ninja 8

"You've got that right, Ragnasdottir-san. I know."


"Not all fae are affected by cold iron, some hate silver or gold. Some have aversions to elements. If you want to avoid fights with them you'll probably need someone who can speak Sylvain otherwise many won't be able to even communicate with you. As far as general advise, don't lie, don't threaten them, don't take anything out of the forest without permission. Bringing some cream, spirits and gifts, like shiny stones and jewels, are also a good way to earn favour. Unfortunately, there are so many different kinds of fae that it would be impossible to be more helpful because sometimes when one fae likes something another kind hates it."


Female Human (Ulfen) Hedge Witch / 4 (HP:25/25) (AC:13) (Saving Throws Fortitude: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +5 )

D'oh, I did a late change and took Sylvan off my list. Any chance I could take it back?


M 1/2 Orc Fighter 8(HP) Unbreakable HP 90/92 Init+5AC 24/23/11 F12/R5/W5(8 v. fear)

More gift bringing? This will become quite the expensive expedition

401 to 450 of 4,935 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lands of the Linnorm - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.