Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice

Game Master DSXMachina

A dark mystery in the ancient city of York.


1,251 to 1,300 of 4,260 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Danny, those were Yakuza warriors; highly trained thugs. Sure, not their best; but not slouches. From there you get the fanatics and those who wear black sneakers and whose methods are causing terror. Fanatics; loyal to their bosses. Whole families for generations. We faced them at the end of the war, after Ike forced em to sign the Big Peace. M.I. faced em lots during the rebuild of Tokyo and such; my guess; they are in most buisness. There are several clans; thank whomeever there is no Shogun to rally them all unless that is the dragon man.


Evil GM

Letitia thinks on the words moving to the latticed window, water streaming down the pane. Looking out on the dark; "I have heard of those Yakuza, you speak of, however as Daniel says they may be of a different ilk. Certainly it's one thing to look into, also the ghouls were intriguing." he pauses controliing her emotions.

"I have only seen there like a few time, during important incursions." she specifically doesn't mention the war. "Generally there shock troops or some religious significance, they adorn there bodies with Sumerian script." her voice tight.

"A key....hmmm."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny pats Axe's shoulder in a friendly manner. (if just a trifle nervously). He is also reminded of their recent encounter with Henry, a would-be necromancer who had planned on sacrificing children to bring back his dead wife.

"Easy Axe. Anyone tries to hurt her, you get first dibs on the poor sap!" He grins.

Danny makes A Lore roll regarding 'magical Keys'(wish him luck)
4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 2) - 8 + 1 = 0

Danny huffs in frustration. "It's not like I've done a lot of reading on the subject. Until recently. I'm not exactly a font of information on 'magical keys'. Now, if that dragon-armor is oriental in origin,... Then I can probably find out about it." He smirks.

"Ghouls? 'Intriguing'? Well, that's ONE word for it I suppose. Aren't they basically the 'hit men' for the spooky side? And what does the ancient gobbledygook have to do with anything? I've never heard of them having tattoos before, much less Sumerian Script."


Evil GM

The warden raises an eye brow impressed with the musicians' knowledge and a wry shake of her head at the smirk. "Well, they can be 'bought' for certain missions. However they are very clannish, keeping to their holes. There is some indictation that they speak an ancient form of Sumerian, whether this gives ant indication to their origins...well. The ghouls also sometimes know to addawn themselves with writings as part of a ritual or because they are ritualists." frankly I find it disturbing. Letitia's voice laden with distain for them. "I believe these were some sort of important people in the hierarchy. They are known to have a 'monarchy'" she says spitting the words out as one ruled by an actual monarchy.


Ph:OOOO Mn:OOOO Sc:OOO FATE:3

wow, lots to catch up on, got to try out the Alpha Play test of Atomic Robo this weekend with Mike Olson though heh.

"Aye, this is turning out to be a bit sticky. We need to find out more information, who, what and why mostly. Yes, I know, stating the obvious as usual. I'll need to be getting back to my place to pick up my blade, I'll feel much better with it on me."

Jack will also lore check 'magical keys'
4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 3 = 0


Evil GM

Lore:0 Regarding Magical Keys

People have energy and power, a resonance maybe an area or door could be devised so only a specific person or key could open it.

Jack:
Your opponent disappeared dropping a White King Chess piece. He didn't seem to be part of the dragon/oriental attack, but rather after Matthew. You left him talking to the police he should be safe. You also got a sense that this 'man' only had power after dark.

Sorry, this is a slight side-job, to the others.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

wasn't but a couple days back oh Danny and I had to pull some oriental children away from some ghouls and vamps; then a necromancer doing a blood sacrifice to raise his dead wife; now this!

Danny; if I got these details; straighten me out


Pure Human Ex-SAS

"Could this be related to the attempted sacrifices? Maybe some higher power was using the man’s grief to get him to perform a ritual that wouldn't raise his dead wife but do something else."

"Jack there's plenty of blades about the place if you need one or is this one those foci thingies."

Jack's talk of weapons reminds Trip to get out his Sig P226 out of his hidden gun locker.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Lore ("keys"): 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (2, 1, 3, 3) - 8 = 5

Kenneth says, "So, then, we're to the ghouls were mercenaries, and this wee lassie is attuned to some mystical portal or ritual, though we dinnae ken what it be? Tho, from the way they went after her, I would guess it's a prison or the mystic equivalent of an armoury."


Evil GM

As a reminder/ info, the last anyone heard of the Necromancer Henri Millier, the Red-Court vampire had taken him. Of course Danny could call on the imp - in front of the Warden ;P

The warden, Letitia looks down at the girl as she stirs slightly.

Lore:5 Kenneth, you remember something Sara said; Her grandmother told her that there were a 'group'. A few individuals that were guarding something of importance, that they retrieved or guarded something 'Holy'. But the fourth member, betrayed them and they were 'lost'. It jogs your memory due to another point she related about the group being in China for the Boxer rebellion.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Yeah,..." Danny drawls out slowly, thinking.

"There's tales, mostly true far as I can tell, about Fae royalty magically locking something so that only they or one of their blood can open it. I suppose the same could be done with humans? Mystically connect something to a specific person's bloodline? I don't know. It's just stories to me. I'm not a magician or anything." Danny shrugs.

"Are we sure they were actually after the girl, and not someone else? Maybe this was just a smart ghoul that likes his food fresh? It was confusing,... but the ghouls attacks seemed pretty half-hazard to me. Maybe?"

Danny shrugs with a smirk. "Just don't want to get so fixated on this girl that we miss another clue that's right under our noses. That's all."

Axe- You've got it right. It's actually been a couple of weeks according to DSXM, but it probably SEEMS like a couple of days to us! :)

Yeah, Danny's pretty bold, but he's not stupid! Calling up the Imp in front of the warden is definitely a last-resort idea! (Besides, Danny doesn't have any doughnuts handy!) :)


Ph:OOOO Mn:OOOO Sc:OOO FATE:3

"Aye, it always seems there's something happening in the real world, the mortals have no idea how often things go bump in the night."

"In fact, the fellow I faced at the ball didn't seem to be part of the Dragon's attack at all, he dropped this white king chess piece. Perhaps a calling card?"


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"I just wish they'd stop 'bumping' into my date nights!" Danny grumbles with (mostly) false grouchiness as he steps closer to Jack to look at the chess piece.

"Huh. I like chess alright. But Who brings a chess set to a party?"


Pure Human Ex-SAS

"Can't you guys do some mumbo jumbo and track where that came from."


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth looks to Jack, "A chess piece? That has a familiar ring - I was looking into a series of murders...", he stops abruptly, remembering the Warden's presence and his role in harrying them when he became convinced of Jericho's innocence.

He looks up again, with a cough, "Sorry, speaking of memories, something else has been tuggin' at me mind... If I amnae mistaken, Sara ance tauld me abit her grandmother being part of a crew 'at was guarding something.... and that they were betrayed by by of their number... What makes this more interesting is 'at, if I amnae mistaken, she said they were in China... during the Boxer Rebellion. I ken, it's nae a lot ay detail, but it's somethin' -- an' gives us someone tae gab tae, as a start."

He pauses for a second and then looks at Trip with a smile, "Aye, I mae be able tae ask Brìghde for aid wi' that, since we got something tae work some 'mumbo jumbo' on."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Yeah,... I'm a lot less 'Mumbo Jumbo', and a lot more 'Musical Accompaniment'." Danny shrugs with a smirk.


Ph:OOOO Mn:OOOO Sc:OOO FATE:3

Would Jack be able to cast a tracking spell on the piece using the shadows cast by the piece to point the way?


Evil GM

Placing the chess piece upon the polished oak table; pouring the sugar from the bowl in a circle around it. Jack starts casting a 'tracking spell', in the flickering light provided by the open fire. Slowly the shadow moves towards the fire stretching out pointing vaguely west-ward.

Letitia stands back; nodding her head. "Subtle. So we have:

  • A chess attacker, to track.
  • Checking out where Alicia came from? By using police contacts. she smiles at Kenneth.
  • Finding out who the oriental crashers are.
  • Following up on Sara's grandmothers story"

    The wind rattles the windows.

    pg298 - Tracking Spell. Discipline Roll TN4 - it will point towards the target. Getting you within 1 mile; then another roll will be required to beat the threshold/prescence/wards of the target. Does that sound alright?


  • Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

    "Normally I'd just ask,... uh, someone I know, about the oriental gangs." Danny hems around mentioning the twins father.
    "But I'm pretty sure that the dragon-armored leader is out of his usual circle of friends. I could ask and see if there's any word on the street about any unusual recruiting recently among the oriental gangs. I guess?" Danny volunteers 3/4 heartedly.

    "Whoa. Cool." He says when the chess piece shadow lengthens and shifts.


    Evil GM

    I know everyone is quite busy, but...

    Are you following the shadow of the chess piece? Kenneth trying to call Bridgets healing flame. Going to meet up with the old-lady or contacts else-where. Feel free to create/declare as much as you want ;P


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    "Dano, If this Dragon Man is operating rogue, fair bet we will be contacted as we are expendable in the eyes of...well, you know. If this happens, any of the rest of you up for another crack at this guy?"

    to the group

    "1900 China, what the Boxer Rebellion; hmm way back when I was a kid selling papers. Something about the Quing Court and Internal Harmony; cast out the growing power of Christianity and English trade Couple British trading companies got the soldiers to put them down pretty hard, these Boxers who where for a stronger internal government. 20,000 killed if I remember right. Back then the world was bigger and everything to far away. China like a mystical land of dreams. English raided by force a lot of China's mystical energy sources from what I remember my Aunt said, my guess if their hopping mad and are just now getting around to taking them back, Chinas power and political influence is on the rise."


    Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

    Kenneth will, at the very least, use low-grade Flames to start everyone's healing. If anyone's more injured that than that, he'll make with the healing spells.


    Evil GM

    Letitia looks to the floor, a sense of colonial guilt washing over her. "Oh, yes Aximeus, that was back when we were a true colonial Commonwealth. The Council wasn't involved in that, whether individual members were, well that is up to their consciences. Now I can get a request in to find out any information - in fact that might be a great excuse to get rid of my partner." she grimace remembering the idiot that the council had lumbered her with.

    A rosy cheeked woman enters the room, Trips' Cook; "Oh hello me dearies. Didn't expect you back just yet." She looks at the group and at first her shocked expression slides into a veneer of normality. "Oh I see the party was a wild one, want a little pick me up?"

    The Cook stops and looks at the adorable girl in the chair; "Oh what a sweetie. Should I prepare a room? Some rooms?"

    Alicia stirs in the large chair, her small body engulfed in the soft material. "Mama, no... her small voice comes out, slowly she moves rubbing her eyes and the small scratch above it. She scans the room her large auburn eyes feel like they stare into the depths of you and you feel a slight fleeting sense of spice, despite her moving glaze. A tiny hand reaches out and pulls gently upon Jerichos sleeve. Then she turns over and goes back to sleep.

    Third time lucky, attempt at posting


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    The god of war and his minions are always busy fanning the fires of vengence and retribution for slights real or imagined, oppression and ignorance are his tools yet Fear and Frensy are his children. Those committed to anger and wrath held for generations are fanatics only the children of the Moon or the ritual of wine can compare. Twisted are their minds, and in their minds vile becomes commonplace. Petty tyrant warlords the world has many, but those who gain real power shake the pillars of humanity. I wonder if we are at the end of an age of illumination and if the Titans of old are rattling their chains to walk again. I hope we face conspiracy of Nationalism or such modern ethics rather than more primal ethos of hatred and bigotry and its ilk.

    are there any festivals or such planned soon, other galas? We can know are enemy by what they choose as targets. This Dragon fellow, he likes public appearance, notoriety and doesnt fear reprisal, thus we can assume he is North Korean or Chinese or on the outside; Thai. If it is a political statement he wishes to make; we can expect a succesion of attacks which twart internal security. If he got what he was after and this is about vengence, we can expect a larger socio-economic attack. All of this probably directed at the House or Lords, Commons or such to show their ineptness, spread fear and discontent among the populous and test their resolve. If this was just a raid; and he failed; he will attempt again, if he was successful and this is a grap for power; he will probably return to his power center to amass more power by display of his artifact. Are any of us in a place to check the fallout of this; the populous is often kept in the dark; is this the first appearance of this guy or not. I am not in a position currently to check into these things; is anyone?


    Ph:OOOO Mn:OOOO Sc:OOO FATE:3

    "So what's our plan of action? Seems many roads lead from here."


    Pure Human Ex-SAS

    "Mrs. Miggins your timing is impecable as always. The Girl, Alicia, and the other will be staying with us until we can figuere out who wants to harm her."

    "Some of us should follow the knights shadow before it fades. Let me make a call and see if I can drum up more leads." Trip will call the RAOB if he has their number or Dijon to get in touch with them.


    Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

    Danny gives a fleeting grin as the child turns over in her chair.

    "Well, true we do have a lot of leads,... any of which might be important. But we really have only a couple of things to worry about."

    Danny holds up fingers as he speaks.

    "First, Dark-Age Iron-man wannabe is looking for something. Probably a person, or persons. And he thought they were gonna be at the party. Why does he want him/her/them? And what made him think they were going to be there?"

    "If the 'key' isn't a person, then it's an object that is on display in the building. If so, why didn't they just sneak in or break in and take it? Why risk such a public display in front of muggles? Unless Axe is right, and he's looking to show off. If so, well, then I understand him a little bit." He grins.

    "And third,..." Danny points to the child sleeping in the large chair.

    "Whose the kid? And where did she come from?!?" He asks plaintively.

    After Jericho explains how she was 'dropped off' in his care, Danny looks like he's having trouble deciding whether to look nervous, or scared.

    "Um, Becca dropped her off? To you? Instead of,... you know,..." He makes exaggerated biting motions.

    "Again, and why? Seems a bit extreme just to get your goat. Even if you did pretty much tell all the vamps in the city to kiss your arse. Seems to me in a situation like we just had, she would try to take advantage of the chaos and try to kill you, not give you a present?"

    "If this kid IS involved in this somehow, then that means that Becca is either involved in it too, or at least knows about it. That makes Becca another source of information." He shudders in unfeigned nervousness.

    "All in all, I think I'd rather follow the chess piece." he declares.


    Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

    Kenneth draws upon the power of the Flame of Kildare, and channels Healing Flames into 'Ril, knitting his rib back together.

    Downgrade Moderate: BROKEN RIB to Mild: BRUISED RIB (MAGICALLY HEALED).

    Declaring Aspect: HEALING HEARTH

    Kenneth draws symbolic power from the literal Hearth, pulling in its heat and warmth to further power the sliver of flames within him. Deep in concentration, he allows a trickle of flame to flow into the dragon, finding the damaged bone of his arm and bringing the pieces back together, reforging the bone.

    Rules Discussion:

    From what I can tell, since the Sponsored part of my magic eliminates worries about complexity for healing (as would Summer magic), the only issue is how much power it takes to fix things. Kenneth needs to control 6 shifts of power to deal with 'Ril's arm -- 3 mental stress gets me the 6 I need, as long as I can control the spell. However, 'Ril's Mild and Moderate are now still full and beyond my ability to help anymore, since they've both been magicked.

    Discipline (6 shifts of power): 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (3, 1, 1, 3) - 8 = 4 Free tag: HEALING HEARTH for +2 -- success

    Downgrade: (Severe) BROKE MY GOOD ARM to (Moderate) SPRAINED MY GOOD ARM (MAGICALLY HEALED)

    Kenneth speaks over his shoulder back at Danny as he works on 'Ril, "Tae be honest, my first instinct is also tae follow Jack's shadows.. if only because it lets us drop in on a body who isnae expecting our visit... and one we still owe from the past, ye ken. However, we must also worry about protecting the wee lass... Also, I believe they were trying to take her because she *is* the key, or a key, or some such. As such, I worry about letting the lassie out of our sight... and even more about bringing her with us."

    He steps away from his last patient and smiles back at the Warden, "And dinnae think I missed the suggestion of contacting that bonny detective... I just want tae give her a wee bit more time tae deal with her paperwork before popping back up, ye ken? Still, I do think that giving her a call is a good idea."


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    what kind of security do you have here if they try to come and take the girl

    in afterthought, Axe grimaces when the girl cringes from his blunt comment


    Evil GM

    Mrs Miggins goes off to the kitchen and returns a few minutes later with some 'egg & cress' and ham sandwiches to go with a nice pot of tea. "You know where the scotch is. I'll go and prepare a room."

    Trip gets on the phone to the ROAB; "Mr Todmorden answering, how may I be of assistance, Major Langdon?"

    Letitia answers part of Axe's query; "Well I can stay here if you want, although it might be useful if I found-out more about the Chess King Killer."


    Pure Human Ex-SAS

    "My family has been living here for over 200 years so it has a threshold you wouldn't believe. There are some security camera around the perimeter, they'll probably go out if magic types get to close so we'll have some warning. Lastly there is a safe room with wards I had Jericho set up. That's where my weapons locker is also."


    Evil GM

    Posted this 2 & 1/2 hours ago, but has vanished. Arrrgh.

    Mrs Miggins goes off to the kitchen and returns a few minutes later with some 'egg & cress' and ham sandwiches to go with a nice pot of tea. "You know where the scotch is. I'll go and prepare a room."

    Trip gets on the phone to the ROAB; "Mr Todmorden answering, how may I be of assistance, Major Langdon?"

    Letitia answers part of Axe's query; "Well I can stay here if you want, although it might be useful if I found-out more about the Chess King Killer." she pauses, "If your wards are that strong?"


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    Axe moves over for a sandwich Chess King Killer? raises and eyebrow, as he is not the brightest candle on the table


    Evil GM

    Letitia's eye's flick to the fire.

    Empathy, or Rapport or Deceit or Intimidation Roll


    Pure Human Ex-SAS

    Empathy 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 3) - 8 + 1 = 1

    "Thank you Mrs. Miggins you are wonderful."


    Evil GM

    Letitia seems to be with-holding some info, but Trips gently persuading gaze seems not enough for her to talk voluntarily.

    Trip:
    It might be to do with Jericho? And the previous set of killings.

    Also feel free to speak to the ROAB as well.


    Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

    " 'Chess-King Killer'? Lovely pseudonym. I meet the most interesting people." Danny says with a straight face as he takes a sandwich.

    "And how, pray tell, (If anyone knows) does HE fit into all of tonight's excitement? Exactly? Was he just having a good time? Or searching for a new victim?"


    Evil GM

    "Probably the latter, I haven't heard of any attacks in the far-east. But I agree, I am quite fascinating." Letitia says with a flutter of her eye-lashes.

    "So we follow the shadow?" She bites down hard upon her sandwich and moves to get her light coat.


    Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

    Kenneth says, "As ancient as this place is, Sir Trip, I would feel safer if ye'd allow me tae ask the Goddess to strengthen the threshold with the Flame of the Hearth? I dinnae hae time for something lasting, but should be able to increase the strength at least 'til sunrise... I trust, also, your staff will keep an eye on the lass whilst we're out following the shadow?"


    Ph:OOOO Mn:OOOO Sc:OOO FATE:3

    "Well then, we should find out about this Chess King Killer. He was quite the opponent, luckily the shadows were with me. "

    Jack begins to draw the very shadows in the room toward him.

    4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 2

    OK I added discipline, do I add anything else? If not then The shadows are my friends. Burn a fate point to re-roll: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3) - 8 + 4 = 7

    I think I'll need to change that one, seems pretty positive not neutral now that I think about it.


    Evil GM

    The small ivory piece takes on a amber hue in the reflected fire-light; the shadow lengthens around it. Slowly it moves the darkness pointing to the night. After making sure the manor is secured, the group files out into the blustery night. Rain and wind pelting the ground leaving puddles of mud and rippling amongst the trees.

    Getting into the vehicles the magical tracker is placed upon the dashboard. Another car journey aganst the elements takes the group towards the city once more. Coming through the small village of Poppleton, the car glides through the night. An occasional car passes quickly significant due to the infrequency, it appears only the desperate or crazy would be out on a night like this.

    In the distance illuminated against the skyline is the imposing figure of the cathedral that dominates the Vale. The shadow lengthens Jacks resonance with the subject pointing accurately into a large building, as the car approaches it appears to be the National Railway Museum.

    Large yards of carriages and sheds surround a large curtain walled glazed building. The shadow points to the building...

    Jack: Aspect on the Chess Piece - Piercing the Veil


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    Just exactly Whose shadow are you talking to?


    Evil GM

    Aximeus, are you asking Jack? Or in general?


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    Jack , sorry, he is creaping Axe out as he wants to stay beneath the notice of Hades, Zues, and Posiden and those that follow them so he thinks speaking to Shadows is much like speaking to a Shade which to him is someone in Hades realm


    Male Ferromancer

    Jericho is silent through the ride, his mind casting back to the last time he'd heard of the Chess King Killer. The last time Letitia had seen him. The last time he'd run for his life. When Jack had a ritual to hunt him down Jericho was glad the child was gone. His smile could have scared her. Children can tell when someone is beyond sanity. It's a skill that makes no sense, but they can always tell when someone is so near the deep end it'll only take a push.

    I'm coming for you, you son of a b+!%#.

    His mind raced at a hundred miles an hour as they drove through the city, and he only gave up the front seat so that Jack could keep the tracking spell going. He was out as soon as he could tell which building was the right one. His coat is blown out from his body as he strides through the rain, taking no more notice of it soaking his clothes and hair than he would of anything else right now.

    I'm coming for you, you son of a b*~@#.

    For a moment a passing car's headlights throw his shadow onto the wall nearby, looming and imposing and a dozen feet tall, with his coat flaring out like wings of darkness from his confident, quick strides.

    I'm coming for you, you son of a b#++*.

    He strode through the confusing mess of carriages and sheds as if his feet already knew where to be. His hands balled at his sides in a rage and his neat nails digging into the skin of his palms in little crescent moons of blood. Metallic objects began to shake near him as he walked, his concentration drawing in, and his ring began to grow, flowing up to cover his arm as if by it's own volition.

    I'm coming for you, you son of a b+#~%.

    And in front of him, rising ahead like a mountain in front of mighty Heracles, rose the front door. The massive metal door that was the only impediment to the man who had ruined his life. Who had forced him on the most harrowing journey of his life through the Fae realm. The man who had forced him out of his home. The man who had ruined everything for him, and forced him to live in a strange land with no one he knew and bitterly, painfully alone.

    The door would have to go.

    Jericho Korben's fury ripped the massive door from it's hinges and tossed it behind him with a flick of his fingers and not a word.

    And he stepped forward, a black coat covering a shining silver man with no joints or weaknesses in sight. Jericho Korben stepped into the building he knew contained the bastard who had ruined everything he'd ever known and his challenge rang through the rainy night like a clarion call:

    "I'VE COME FOR YOU, YOU SON OF A B!#~&!"


    Evil GM

    Like a whirlwind Jericho approaches the Front door tearing it from it's hinges.

    From the bowels of the inside building, there is a light coming from past the reception area. Past a display of the history of steam a light sobbing is heard and a dark cackling.

    The boards and pictures take on an eerie backdrop as you move towards the light, before you stood upon a carriage is a man. What takes you first about him is the black tendrils streaming from his eyes as the fingers of a low cackling creature; 'Give in to the despair, it is your fault they are lost. Dead like so many pawns, you lost the game! Now time to pay the King.' the creature hisses. The man's trimmed dark beard does nothing to hide the noose around his neck as he heavily weeps.

    Alternatively (for those not following Jericho), there is a small light around therear
    of the building. The doors are slightly ajar providing a thin stream of flourescent light, this leads into a railway yard and the carriage sheds.


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    On the ride, Axe looks a the motley crew and considers do we have a plan, teams work better with some organization of tasks

    once to the building he is a bit surprized at Jerichos actions.

    Ah; another museum; what is it with the dead and forgotten not staying that way, so...no scouting then just rip the doors off and go in, well, somethign to be said for style i guess

    Axe grimaces


    Evil GM

    Letitia looks worriedly at Jericho, but stays at his side/ in his shadow.

    The bearded man, wears loosely robes, similar to the man Jack 'met' at the party. His puffy face is wracked with pain and sorrow, it seems he means to move forward off the train - therefore hanging himself.

    The crouched shadowy figure, turns to face the newcomers black scales playing in the light. "Ah, fresh players. Come bring your hatred and meet Oblivion." the creature rasps, a dark tail flicks across it's body.

    Jericho - Compel 'The most dangerous game'. The breaking in will cause some trouble!

    Lore Roll 3:
    This is a Kobold. Popularised is German myth. They are powerful tricksters that live in the dark far reaches of the Never-Never, hidden from sight. They prey and devour - fears, anguish, despair.

    Their words can possess people, generally they are instubstantial. Connecting to the real world through physical items crafted by 'dwarves' in the Never-Never.

    Aximeus:
    This is a Kobalos. Popularised is German myth. They are powerful tricksters that live in the dark far reaches of the Never-Never, hidden from sight. They prey and devour - fears, anguish, despair.

    Their words can possess people, generally they are instubstantial. Connecting to the real world through physical items crafted by 'workers in Hades' in the Never-Never.


    Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

    Lore: 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (1, 3, 3, 1) - 8 = 4


    Evil GM

    Wow, you can get average rolls before combat ;)

    1,251 to 1,300 of 4,260 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice - DSXs' Dresden File All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.