Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Inner Sea Sandbox: Suspicious Minds

Game Master Garden Tool

A sandbox-style Inner Sea campaign featuring a suspiciously-non-good-aligned party of five antiheroes.

GoogleDocs Maps


51 to 100 of 792 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Cheliax

EDIT: Hold up, guys. Forgot something. Sand by.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Pun intended?

Cheliax

Once again, the sandman's mere presence seems enough to put a mortal to sleep. Kamlann and Syndir seem immune to it's soporific presence, having resisted it once already... but Farid is not.

Farid's Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Just like that, Farid nods off on his feet. A moment of desperation registers on his face, then he simply drifts off.

The "sandman" wags a finger at Farid as the young man's eyelids flutter shut, flashing him a charming smile, but otherwise paying the young rogue no mind. Surging along the ground, it slips out of it's disadvantaged position and attempts to manifest some sort of spell or power, though it does not speak or make any complex manual gestures.

The sandman five-foot steps into space AB11 and makes a defensive casting concentration check.

concentration check: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Rather, the creature lazily waves it's hand through the air, successfully manifesting some sort of magic on the defensive.

Jelani's Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Kamlann's Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Syndir's Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Syndir fails to recognize any familar spell effect. A strictly supernatural ability, perhaps?

@ Jelani and Kamlann:
Your Spellcraft check identifies a something very similar to a lullaby effect, only somewhat more powerful. Probably not a spell, since there were no evident somatic or verbal components. A spell-like ability, perhaps, based on a traditional lullaby spell? The cantrip level of the spell hopefully indicates that it's slightly-enhanced effects are nonetheless easy to resist.

Farid's Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Kamlann's Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Syndir's Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

A brief shimmer seems to fill the air around the sandman for an instant. Kamlann feels a mild but hostile "tingle" wash over him, but the mental trick is transparent, and easily resisted. The magical attack seems to have some adverse effects on Syndir, however. Though he does not go to sleep, Syndir suddenly looks very drowsy.

@ Syndir:
You realize that you very much want to be asleep right now. You will incur a penalty on Perception checks, and on future Will saves against sleep effects. Because your Spellcraft check succeeded, I'll define the penalties:

-4 on Will saves vs. sleep; and
-5 on Perception checks.

The effect will last for one minute. It is otherwise effectively a lullaby spell.

@ Farid:
At the same instant that you feel sleep overcome you, you feel a second "tingle" wash out your fading, waking thoughts. You don't know what's happened to you, but your distress melts away. As you drift off to sleep on your feet, you realize that you very much want to be asleep right now. You will incur a penalty on Perception checks, and on future Will saves against sleep effects, even after you wake up. Because you have no knowledge of Spellcraft, I'll leave the details at that, and apply the penalties to your rolls; just use your usual modifiers if I call for Perception checks or Will saves from you in the near future.

Leaning forward and expanding it's form somewhat, the sandman looms over the distressingly sleepy-looking Syndir, sporting a sinister smile. It pays Kamlann and Farid no mind at all, for now.

Predictably, it's shape changes again... this time to that of an older, well-dressed, and soft-in-the-middle Kelish man with facial features remarkably similar to that of the slimmer, younger Syndir. A family relation, no doubt. Horrifically, this "disguise" is accompanied by a gruesome detail.

The sandman's throat appears to have been torn out. Grinning down at Syndir, the sandman speaks what sounds like a single word. The creature speaks in a rumbling, grinding language that none present (and awake) can understand.

@ Syndir:
The creature has, of course, taken on a shape imitating that of your father's. Post-mortem, it seems.

EDIT: I'm using a lighter color to signify sleeping characters, on the lap. You'll notice that Farid and Seamus are a shade lighter than the rest of you. Also, I'd like to remind everyone that it's a standard action to jostle a sleeping character awake.

EDIT: Reposting the initiative order on page 2.

sand creature; 26
Syndir; 20
Seamus; 8
Farid; 7 (+3)
Jelani; 7 (+2)
Kamlann; 4

EDIT: If anyone saw or was confused by my earlier post, I apologize. I forgot a very important roll at the start of the combat and had to replay the round, which changed the results of some of the coded die rolls. I relized my mistake pretty instantly, so hopefully nobody noticed!

Syndir, it is your turn.

Cheliax

GOD, I am so off today. I misread Syndir's saving throw (I was looking at another number) and wrote the above post as though he made his save, when he did not. I've revised the post above. Syndir looks sleepy, now.

My apologies again for any confusion. Time to grab some more coffee...

Syndir, it is your turn.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

HP = 18/18, AC = 18, F/3 R/4 W/8, Snake Style Active

Syndir knew not what game this creature was playing but it didnt humor him at all. It felt like a dream and he briely thought about finding a quiet room upstairs. Shaking his headin an effort to ignore the things form and answered the dark haired man.

I did indeed bring it upon you but I already offered my apologies and you had a chance to run. Your help is of course, most appreciated.

He shifted his balance to the forward foot even as his hand shot out with two knuckles coming down like a hammer.

Unarmed Attack - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Damage - 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Cheliax

Stiehl9s, I should specify that the "sandman" isn't dark-haired. His coloration (sandy) doesn't change, and his "disguises" are transparent. He isn't shape-shifting so much as "sculpting." No matter his shape, he's always just sand.

The sandman reels, feeling the full force of Syndir's attack. Sand explodes from the creature's body, showering the vicinity with harmless debris. It's grip tightens around the amber-colored stone that it holds. The rumbles again, but this time, it doesn't sound anything like laughter.

Seamus, meanwhile, slumbers away, and Farid crumples to the floor.

Jelani, it is your turn.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Syndir is, I believe, addressing Kamlann in his last post.

Round 2
HP:12/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9
Current Effects Active: Mage Armour (2 hours remaining), Bless (9 rounds remaining)

If the magical sleep affecting Seamus was anything like the Sleep spell, a simple shake shoulder awaken the sleeper. That's Jelani's hope anyway, as he reaches to shake the sleeping ex-pirate awake. Once Seamus' eyes open, Jelani will move to recover his staff, laying on the floor near where he was sitting.

Standard action to awaken Seamus. Move action to AC13 to retrieve the staff.

Cheliax

Ah, so he is. I understand now. Really not my best day, is it.

Cheliax

Picking up your staff will be a move action for you, next turn.

Prone, and probably confused, Seamus snaps awake as expected... scimitar still in hand.

It is Kamlann's turn.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann's eyes narrow as he sees the Qadiran's punch strike home. For just a moment he hesitates, but he is loathe to give up his enchanted blade just yet. Instead, he strikes out with the sciitar, hoping that the magic will be enough to hammer through the sandman's defenses. Standard action attack, using two-handed grip, including bless bonus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9, damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8. The moment of hesitation, however, was too long - indeed, Kamlann misses so badly he's not even sure the sandman noticed the attack, with all its attention on the Qadiran.

AC 21, hp 17/23, current effects bless, shield, arcane point.

Also, ouch. :P Hate rolling 1s.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Farid is having a horrible dream that he has been attacked by a creature made of sand, hopefully he will wake up soon to a warm bed and cold ale.

Cheliax

It occurs to me that the wording on the sleep effect that seems to accompany the sandman's presence still affects sleeping creatures, by RAW. That means that sleeping characters in range get a chance to save vs. the aura, and thus render themselves immune with a successful save. Seamus was in range last round, so I'll be rolling a retroactive Will save for him, last round, to see if he saved while sleeping (and thus gained temporary immunity). I'm not 100% sure that this is RAI, but it is RAW (you can cast sleep on a sleeping creature to renew the duration), and it helps to "reign in" a pretty high-powered ability.

Seamus' retroactive Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Yep! Seamus is hereafter immune to that specific aura effect, for now, and as of the start of this turn, that's "in character" knowledge for Seamus.

Farid's sleeping Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

@ Farid:
Your Will save was actually lower than stated, above, due to the save you failed last round. I haven't included it in the total above because you don't know precicely what the penalty is, but it likely didn't matter, given the low total of the roll. The duration of the sleep effect affecting you is renewed.

The sandman shifts a few feet to one side, and - eyes on Syndir - the creature's human form gives way to a serpentine, draconic shape, before attacking with the length of it's makeshift "tail".

The sandman takes a five-foot step into space AA12 and attacks Syndir.

slam attack: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Syndir's Snake Style Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Perfectly anticipating the attack, Syndir weaves and twists gracefully out of harm's way, seemingly mimicing the sand creature's new serpentine shape and manner.

Syndir, it is your turn.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

HP = 18/18, AC = 18, F/3 R/4 W/8, Snake Style Active

Fuly into the mind of the snake; Syndir retaliated against the sand serpents attack with one of his own.

Snake Fang - AoO - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Damage - 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

He reached out in an attempt to use his strength draining spell

Touch Attack - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Touch of Fatigue

Cheliax

Forgot about Snake Fang. Not a hit, though.

Both Syndir's counter and his attempted spell delivery miss by a wide margin.

Seamus, it is your turn. You are prone, and your scimitar is in your hand. If you make a ranged attack from the floor, the creature has cover (you're firing through the table and chairs, from the ground). If you stand up, per the rules for "cover and low obstacles" in the Combat chapter, the sandman will not benefit from cover since you are closer to the "low obstacle" object (the table) than the defending creature is.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Round 2
Init: 8, HP:25/25
AC 16 (To 12, FF 14); F4/R5/W3 (Prone: AC +4 vs ranged, -4 vs melee)
Grit Points: 1/3
Current Effects Active: Bless (9 rounds remaining)

Seamus opens his eyes to a strange scene indeed. Lying on the floor he can see others in the room equally laid low. Through the table legs he spots some of the other patrons battling some kind of sand creature. What in the bloody hells?

Stifling a yawn, he moves quickly to draw his pistol from within his coat. Lying it across his arm on the floor, he lines up a shot through the chair legs. With a roar like thunder and acrid smoke, the weapon discharges spitting a bullet at the creature's torso.

Move action to draw concealed weapon with Quick Draw. Which is why I'm not standing this turn.
Free action to spend 1 Grit to use Dead Eye deed.
Swift Action to spend 1 Grit to use Focused Aim deed.
Standard action to fire pistol at Sand creature (with Bless and range penalties included in string but not cover penalties).
Pistol attack (vs creature's Touch AC): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 13, Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Cheliax

Though it clears the chair legs, Seamus' bullet misses the creature entirely, splintering the wooden floorboards near the creature's sandy feet.

Farid and the oblivious stranger at the back table remain asleep. It is clear, at this point, that the man in the back of the room could not possibly be merely napping. Seamus' gunfire didn't even stir him.

Jelani, it is your turn.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Round 3
HP:12/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9
Current Effects Active: Mage Armour (2 hours remaining), Bless (8 rounds remaining)

Jelani picks up his staff on the ground, holding it in one hand. He then retrieves a scroll of Ear-Piercing Scream from his scroll case.

Move action to pick up the staff, move action to retrieve the scroll from it's case. Staff is currently in 1 hand and so cannot be used to make AoOs.

Cheliax

Kamlann, it is your turn.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

"Lord below!" Kamlann swears as the bullet shatters the floorboards. He glares at the sandman, then throws his scimitar aside and grabs the chair next to him, stepping forward to swing it at the elemental with all his might. Move action, grab the chair. Five foot step to AB11 and attack with with improvised weapon. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8.

Cheliax

The chair proves a poor weapon, the now-serpentine sand creature almost idly evading Kamlann's assault (distracted by the sound of gunfire, no doubt, and the realization that the city watch would likely be on the way, now). The four of you (not including the sleeping Farid) have time to wonder what sort of conjuration (if any) brought this creature here, what kind of corpse this creature will leave (if any), if defeated, and whether or not the staff and patrons on the top two floors are alive. How will this look to the city watch?

But all that is a "later" problem. There's a "now" problem that needs addressed, first.

Jelani, Kamlann, and Syndir can still feel the sandman's sleepy aura washing over them, but this trick is old news, and is effortlessly resisted.

Farid's sleeping Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

@ Farid:
As before, your Will penalty is actually greater than expressed, above. The duration of the sleep effect affecting you is renewed.

More tightly clutching the amber gem in one slim, reptilian arm, the sandman takes another swipe at Syndir with it's serpentine length. This time, the attack hits home.

slam attack: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Syndir's Snake Style Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
slam damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Syndir's Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

@ Jelani, Kamlann and Syndir:
As you know, Syndir is suffering from a penalty on saves vs. sleep effects due to a lullaby-type effect. This is not reflected in the roll, above, because it isn't necessarily in-character knowledge for all PCs.

The strange sand that showers down around you fills Syndir's nostrils and gets into his eyes. Syndir feels so suddenly tired. Surely this is a dream. Surely it wouldn't hurt anything if you closed your eyes for just a moment...

Like Seamus and Farid before him, Syndir (who was already looking very sleepy after the monster's magical attack took hold a few moments ago) falls asleep on his feet.

The creature, altering it's shape slightly to emphasize its more draconic features, turns toward Jelani, next, and growls.

Syndir takes five damage. Syndir, your turn comes around, and you fall prone in your square.

Seamus, it is your turn.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Round 4 (Think I had what round we were on wrong the last time)
Init: 8, HP:25/25
AC 16 (To 12, FF 14); F4/R5/W3
Grit Points: 0/3
Current Effects Active: Bless (7 rounds remaining)

Seamus levers himself up off the floor. As he does he watches as the Kelishite man suddenly falls to the floor asleep after the creature's attack. Raising the pistol, he pulls the second trigger and another blast rings out in the tavern. He couldn't believe the noise wasn't waking the fallen men. Must be magics involved with that.

The roar of the gun seemed muted and Seamus cursed as some of the wadding clogged in the pistol's barrell.

Move action to stand from prone.
Standard action to fire pistol's second barrel.
Attack (with Bless): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8 (vs creature's Touch AC), Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

GT question for you. I'm going to reload my pistol with alchemical cartidges, which will reduce the action to Free (per barrell). I also have Quick Draw which allows me to sheathe my Scimitar as a Free action to free up the hand needed to reload the gun. This works out to 3 Free actions I need to have my pistol completely reloaded at the end of my turn. Need to confirm how much of that can I get done this turn and how much will need to wait till next turn?

EDIT: Changed description to account for misfire.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

DAMMIT, broke my damn gun!

Cheliax

@ Seamus: Quick Draw doesn't allow a character to sheathe a weapon any faster, that I can tell. Is there a class feature or trait at play, here? If not, I'll assume you dropped the scimitar?

I place no real limits on free actions, except in bizzare circumstances.

That's a real shame about the gun breaking. Bad timing.

Farid and Syndir sleep through the noisy misfire.

Jelani, it is your turn.

Cheliax

It occurs to me that I didn't specify that the sandman took a five-foot step adjacent to Jelani, as you can see on the GoogleDocs map.

Jelani, it is your turn.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Round 4
HP:12/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9
Current Effects Active: Mage Armour (2 hours remaining), Bless (7 rounds remaining)

More of his so-called allies were dropping to the floor. Jelani sighed. He had to do everything himself, as expected. Taking a step away from the sand elemental, Jelani begins to unfurl the scroll. He snaps off the arcane words quickly and opens his mouth to scream. Only the sandman can hear the defeaning sound.

5ft step away from the enemy and cast the scroll.
Sonic Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fort save (DC14) or be dazed for 1 round. A successful save negates the daze effect and halves the damage.

Cheliax

Wouldn't that be DC 12, Jelani? 10 + spell level (1st) + minimum casting modifier (+1)?

sandman's Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 7

I'll post the results of the modified roll once I get an answer about this magic item DC.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Actually, doing a bit of looking into it, it's DC11 (10+1st level+0) because the minimum casting modifier for a 1st level would be 11 (no modifier). So, DC11 then. My bad.

Cheliax

Right, right. That's what I meant. Okay, here goes.

Though none seem to hear the supernatural shout erupt from Jelani's mouth, the effects are apparent as the sandman's sandy exterior vibrates apart somewhat, blurring his faux-draconic features for a moment. The creature winces slightly, but appears otherwise unfazed.

The sandman saves and takes one point of damage (for a total of nine, so far). Kamlann, it is your turn.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann follows the sandman and takes another, increasingly frustrated swing with the chair. Another whack at it (pun intended): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10.

...Okay, seriously?

Cheliax

The creature easily leans out of Kamlann's reach. Farid, plagued with nightmares, can still feel the presence of the sandman.

Farid's sleeping Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

@ Farid:
The duration of the sleep effect affecting you is renewed again.

Gliding across the tavern floorboards, the sandman - annoyed with the minimal effort expended in evading Kamlann's chair - slides away from his sleeping victims, and grabs at Jelani.

The sandman five-foot steps into space AC14 and attempts to grapple Jelani.

Jelani's attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
grapple check: 1d20 ⇒ 12

I'm assuming Jelani would have shifted to a two-handed quarterstaff grip as a free action on his turn, so as to threaten and arm himself, now that the scroll is gone. Hence the AoO... not that it helped.

To the preist's credit, Jelani moves quickly... but not quickly enough. Barely scoring a grasp on the lapels of Jelani's robe, the sandman's amorphous "arms" spread over and around the priest's body. He is, regretfully, grappled by the powerful limbs of the sandman.

It seems the sandman knows that his abilities will not affect (or have not affected) this pointy-eared opponent. The vaguely-draconic visage of the sandman looms over the half-elf. It speaks again, in a language that no-one comprehends.

Syndir slumbers fitfully next to his companion, Farid.

Just for fun, I just counted the last eleven PC die rolls (the number of rolls it's been since a PC last scored a double-digit number on the die). Working backwards from the most recent roll (Jelani's AoO), I counted 6, 6, 5, 1, 8, 1, 1, 5, 8, 4, and 3. Wow.

Seamus, it is your turn.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Since you ruled the chair was an improvised heavy mace, I can swing it one-handed, right?


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Round 5
Init: 8, HP:25/25
AC 16 (To 12, FF 14); F4/R5/W3
Grit Points: 0/3
Current Effects Active: Bless (6 rounds remaining)

Seamus ran at the creature, trying to distract it long enough for the priest to escape it's clutches. Flipping the pistol around, he aimed a strong swing at the sand-thing's "head". Die already you bloody nightmare!

Move action to go to AD14.
Standard action to spend my last grit point to use Pistol Whip deed. (The 0 value from the last post was incorrect, I was anticipating using my final grit last turn but I didn't, spending it now to have 0 left for the day).
Pistol Whip melee attack w/ Bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 (bludgeoning)

Cheliax

@ Kamlann: Aye. I'm picturing less WWE and more lion tamer / ballroom blitz. Also, those WWE guys could totally swing those things one-handed.

Almost absurdly, Seamus simply strides around the table and clobbers the creature with the butt of his pistol.

The sandman takes four damage. Farid sleeps. Jelani, it is your turn; you are grappled.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Round 5
HP:12/17, AC13/To9/FF13, CMB9, F4/R2/W9
Current Effects Active: Mage Armour (2 hours remaining), Bless (6 rounds remaining), grappled (-4 Dexterity).

Jelani stuggles futilely against the strong grip of the outsider. It would be a fascinating experience, if it wasn't so terrifying. "Help me would you Kamlann?"

Standard action to break grapple, CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

Syndir slept fitfully on the wooden floor. While he had wanted to go to sleep he certainly didnt want to be sleeping. It was during his dreams that the wyrm had free reign to whisper enticements and promises of power...

He flew on scaled wings...wings?! i have wings!...no, we have wings wyrmling...we?...yes, we... searching the ground for prey...can you smell their fear?...can you hear their heart thudding?...pounce and rend...tear and chew...

the whispers went on as Syndir slept; even as chaos ensued around him.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann lets go of the chair with one hand, stepping forward again and swinging it around in a complete circle to build up momentum. At the same time, he murmurs a short series of arcane words, and with his free hand raises two fingers to point at the sandman. Fierce white lights burst from each finger and slam into the sandman even as Kamlann finishes his pirouette and brings the chair to bear on it a third time. I. Am. Going. To. Hurt. This. Thing. So: five-foot step to AB13 as a free action, then spell combat as a full-round action. Not bothering to cast defensively, since the sandman is grappled. Spell is magic missile, no roll required and both missiles hitting the sandman, dealing 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 and 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage. Attack roll with the chair: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7, damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6.

Cheliax

Jelani's struggles are useless, but Kamlann finally proves a threat, and the sandman - feeling the double impact of Kamlann's force spell - disengages the seemingly-feeble half-elf to manifest magic of his own.

Farid is not immune to the sleep aura yet, but appears to be out of range, this round. The sandman takes a five-foot step into space AB15 and takes a standard action to use a spell or spell-like ability.

Jelani's spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Kamlann's spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Both men witness a familiar shimmer in the air all around them, and recognize the same unique lullaby spell-like effect from before.

Kamlann's Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Seamus' Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Kamlann succumbs to the potentially-deadly cantrip, feeling immensely tired all of a sudden, wishing nothing more than to curl up on the wooden floor and take a nap. Part of him knows what's next: a sandy beating followed by what could very well be his final rest, but that idea seems... distant. Unimportant, even.

@ Jelani and Kamlann:
A reminder; this successfully-identified lullaby effect has a one-minute duration and imposes a -4 penalty on Will saves vs. sleep effects and a -5 penalty on all Perception checks.

Kamlann, if I call for any such checks, feel free to apply these modifiers.

The already-sleeping Farid and Syndir are also suffering from this effect. In case you weren't keeping track, they were affected on the sandman's turn in round 2. The sandman's turn on round 12 will mark the last turn of this effect's duration.

EDIT: It occurs to me that this is not a sleep effect, so Jelani is not immune (though the effect is mostly - but not entirely - pointless, as far as affecting Jelani goes). Here's a Will save for Jelani:

Jelani's Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Jelani saves.

Cheliax

Syndir is asleep. Seamus, it is your turn.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Round 6
Init: 8, HP:25/25
AC 16 (To 12, FF 14); F4/R5/W3
Grit Points: 0/3
Current Effects Active: Bless (5 rounds remaining)

Watching another man drop, Seamus quickly sees he's one of the last standing. Screw taking this thing on myself. Rushing over, he lodges a not-so-subtle kick into Farid's side. Wake up you salt encrusted scab!

Move action to go to Z11. Should be able to get there without provoking since the creature moved away.
Standard action to wake up Farid. (Sorry Syndir, Farid still has a chance to go now given the init order. Next turn I'll get you into this.)

Cheliax

Farid, rudely awakened, comes around to see his companion Syndir asleep on the floor next to him, and his new "friends" engaged in a desperate battle against the sand creature that did this to him.

EDIT: I've placed a little apostrophe on the map where Kamlann dropped his scimitar, and another where Seamus dropped his, in case it comes up later.

Farid, it is your turn. You are prone, and feeling sleepy.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Round 6

Farid shakes the sleep from his head and his eyes go wide with the realization that this is no dream!

Realizing his weapon will be of little use against this creature he resorts to grabbing a chair to swing at the threat. Farid grabs the nearest chair (if there is a better weapon nearby I will grab that instead) and readies to charge at the Sandman

For some reason I don't have access to the battle map, I have requested it. In the meantime I believe standing and grabbing a weapon would be all I could do for the round anyway.

Cheliax

Farid, you're nowhere near a chair, I'll need another action from you. You're somewhere between the table and the bar. You could move adjacent to a chair, if you like. Did you not get a GoogleDocs invite? I'm showing that you did, and have permissions to edit, but I'll resend one just in case.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Farid will have to move adjacent to a chair unless there is another bludgeoning weapon available. Farid does not possess a bludgeoning weapon and he is not going to bother using his axe again that obviously is not going to work on this guy after what happened the first time.

Cheliax

Since Jelani mentioned the possibility of waking the sleeping guy way in the back in the Discussion Thread, I'll post this here, if only for convenience (and the spectators).

The patron at the back is a slightly-overweight local schlub in a green tunic. He's sitting in dim light, but you all can spot a knife in his belt. He doesn't appear equipped for adventure, per se, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

He looks relatively strong, but soft in the middle, and balding.

Farid, in the interest of moving things along (and because it seems to be what you wanted to do), I'm going to have you get up as a move action and move you to space AB10 (adjacent to "the closest chair"). This also keeps you outside of the apparent range of the sleep aura (Seamus couldn't feel it at 25 feet away). Next turn you can grab the chair and move into melee, or do something else entirely. Let me know if the GoogleDocs invite went through.

EDIT: Looks like we had the same thought!

Jelani, it is your turn.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Round 6
HP:12/17, AC15/To11/FF15, CMB9, F4/R2/W9
Current Effects Active: Mage Armour (2 hours remaining), Bless (5 rounds remaining)

Recovering from the crushing grip of the elemental, Jelani focuses for a moment and causes his staff to fly forth from his hands and strike out at sandman. The staff then returns to his hands. Once it's back in his hands, Jelani can see the damage it did. He proffers the staff to Kamlann. "This will be more effective than that silly chair."

Standard action to use Hand of the Acolyte: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Move action to hand the staff to Kamlann afterwards.

Cheliax

Unless there's a rule I'm not aware of, I'm going to have to figure out how this "handing off a weapon" thing would work. As I said earlier, Kamlann could take it from you as a move action (same as picking up an object) if you were willing to let him have it or a standard (as a disarm) if you were not. Handing it to him, though (an acceptable use of a move action), I'm not sure how to run.

How about this. We'll assume that a character can do at least as good a job of "readying a weapon for use by a person" as an inanimate, ordinary sheathe could. So, since you've handed it up, Kamlann will be able to "draw" the quarterstaff as easily as he could draw a weapon of his own, provided he can reach yours (which he can, presently). That means he can draw it as a free action as a part of a movement.

Wincing more out of irritation than out of pain, the sandman endures the quarterstaff's jab.

The sandman takes one point of damage, for a total of fourteen. Kamlann, it is your turn.

Cheliax

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann grabs the quarterstaff with a nod of his head (it might be thanks, or it might be a sign of sudden fatigue, it's hard to say), holding it in a two-handed grip almost like an overly-long club. With a shouted cry, kept only from turning into a yawn by sheer force of will, the Chelaxian launches another mighty swing at the sandman. Doublechecking the math here: Str (4) + BAB (2) + masterwork (1) + bless = +8 attack roll. So: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12, damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11.

...

...I'm at something of a loss at this point.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

Syndir continued to sleep. He had that underlying conscious thought that he really should be doing something else but his dreamstate wouldnt let him grasp onto the importance of that.

Wake up you lug!

Cheliax

@ Kamlann:
/facepalm

The sandman five-foot steps into space AA14. This brings Farid back into the sleep aura. Note that the saves below do not account for "sleepy" penalties.

Farid's Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

slam attack: 1d20 ⇒ 17
slam damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Kamlann's Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

The sandman steps to one side of Kamlann, and lays into him with a sandy body-slam. Poor Farid, meanwhile, only makes it a few feet before slumping forward, asleep, against the chair he meant to grab. Kamlann, on the other hand, remains awake, even as the sleep-sand showers down around him. He's injured, but he's awake.

Syndir remains asleep, so it is Seamus' turn.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Round 7
Init: 8, HP:25/25
AC 16 (To 12, FF 14); F4/R5/W3
Grit Points: 0/3
Current Effects Active: Bless (4 rounds remaining)

Seamus boots the remaining sleeping form at his feet while swinging one of his powder horns out and open. Pouring a small measure of black powder into one of the barrels, he follows it with wadding and a bullet, the movements precise and practiced.

Standard action to wake Syndir.
Move action to reload 1 of the barrels in the double barreled pistol.

51 to 100 of 792 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Garden Tool's Suspicious Minds Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.