Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Inner Sea Sandbox: Suspicious Minds

Game Master Garden Tool

A sandbox-style Inner Sea campaign featuring a suspiciously-non-good-aligned party of five antiheroes.

GoogleDocs Maps


1 to 50 of 792 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

GAMEPLAY RULES

Initiative:
Initiative starts when any character, PC or NPC, moves to take hostile action. The GM will roll party initiatives.

Combat:
Please break down your actions clearly (define your standard, move, and other actions for what they are), and clearly define and label all die rolls. Please insert a line break (press Enter) between rolls; do not make multiple rolls on a single line.

Do not make rolls for NPCs. If you provoke an attack of opportunity, the GM will resolve it. If the outcome of the attack that you provoke has any bearing on the rest of your actions (if any) that round, you can halt or "pause" your turn until after the GM has resolved the attack of opportunity.


OOC Discussion:
Please tag all OOC discussion with the ooc formatting tool. Reserve lengthy discussion for the Discussion Thread.

Reactive Checks:
The GM will roll routine reactive checks in combat (to include most saving throws). On a case-by-case basis, the GM may request that players make saves or reactive checks, especially when the outcome is (or appears to be) very significant.

Character Death:
Dead is dead, unless it's not - resurrection magic (and all other spells from the playable sources mentioned in the Recruitment Thread) are legal. The GM will never pull punches or bend the rules, even if it would be more dramatically appropriate for an outcome to go one way or another. As in life, your success depends heavily on both your own actions and on luck. Play smart, and don't fight a battle you don't think you can win.

Tone:
Keep the tone to an "R" rating. On the other side of the coin: a little silliness never hurt anyone, though this should largely be a fairly serious game.

Dark Archive

SUSPICIOUS MINDS

The moon is high over the port city of Totra, in Osirion. Syndir and Farid have just paid an exorbant gate tax, and are preparing to find lodgings in the city.

Meanwhile, Jelani Guldis and his recent acquaintance Kamlann have just met the somewhat out-of-place pirate, Seamus Haggrathy, in an inn called the Gilded Bottle. The inn doubles as a tavern (as many do in port and crossroad cities like this one), though only one other patron, sound asleep and snoring away at a back table, occupies the alehouse that dominates the first floor of the three-story clay building.

Soon, it'll be time to strip off your gear and get some shuteye, but the barkeep has been strangely absent for the last few minutes. Save for the snoring patron and the sounds of your own voices, the tavern is silent.

Silent, that is, until Syndir and Farid stroll through the door. With no staff in sight, Seamus, Jelani, and Kamlann comprise the only real activity in the bar.

Feel free to introduce yourselves, or not. Poke around, or steal some drinks, or have a seat, or shout for some service... whatever you like. I'll mix things up and start to bring the party together shortly.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

The sun darkened man that entered the Gilded Bottle couldve passed for a local but his companion probably wouldnt. He scanned the inn mostly out of habit not out of any real interest of its occupants. In later years when he reflected on this moment he knew that was a major oversight. Those gentlemen should never be ignored. Not seeing any staff readily available and used to having a plethera of slaves to cater to his whims; Syndir clapped twice loudly followed by a

Attend!

after just a second's wait

Hmm, well my friend Farid. We might have to wait for that drink. Which is a shame as I, for one; am sorely parched.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

The man accompanying the sun darkened man is dark of complexion as well. He wears plain loose clothing nothing out of the ordinary that can be seen at any rate. Your eyes are drawn to the large axe of good quality strapped to his back underneath a fully stocked backpack.

Farid chuckles at Syndir's attempt to rouse the barkeep, "You spent too much of your youth being served. As your friend I will glad to get you the refreshment you desire".

Farid steps around the bar and pours a set of ale's for himself and Syndir. He leaves payment on the bar ( a handful of copper) and comes back around bringing a mug to Syndir. "For what we paid to get in this city, we had better find some work that pays well. If you don't mind though I want to see whether my mark has been around these parts".

Dark Archive

The snoring patron at the back of the bar does not rouse or even stir at Syndir's clap-and-bellow, and there is no immediate response from any staff or attendant.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seamus watches as the pair of men walk into the bar, his hand drifting to the weapon concealed under his coat. He can't fight the smile that creeps across his face at the interaction between the two. The one with the axe certainly was one to keep an eye on but Seamus had seen many like the other, little lordlings who expected the world to swoon at their very presence. Glancing at the counter, he moved to where Farid had poured the two drinks. A fool and his money.

Aye, we've not seen a damned soul that could be called the owner of this place. You seem to have the right idea with taking the matter into your own hands though. Seamus pours himself a mug of ale and then throws down payment on top of what Farid left on the bar, his motions quick and fluid.

Seamus will attempt to take the coppers left on the counter from Farid and replace them with some odd bits of junk, rocks, lint, etc.
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann looks up from his discussion with Seamus and Jelani at the newcomers, giving them only a passing glance. Seeing nothing to indicate a threat or anything of interest to him, he turns back to the others. "So tell me, Haggrathy: what are the limits of your contracts? I'm looking for someone with both skill and discretion, but most of all someone not likely to balk at getting his hands dirty if needed. Are you the man I seek, or should I keep searching?"


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

"I have found that waiting around is a waste of time when you can get what you want with little bother. How long have you been here that no one has attended to you stranger?"


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seamus settles back down with his drink and "earnings", looking across the table at Kamlann. Contracts. I guess you could call them that. What it boils down to is can you keep me paid and excited? As long as the gold shines and I don't grow bored, you can count on me for as long as you need.

His voice lowers and his tone goes a bit more serious. As for what I'm comfortable with, I imagine my hands are a bit dirtier than you're used to. Don't you worry about that, whatever needs doing then so be it. Just be aware that I don't exactly make it a practice to put my head in the hangman's noose for no one. If the risk of what you ask is more than the worth of the task, don't expect me to blindly follow you to the gallows.

Turning at Farid's voice, Seamus shrugs. Not much longer than yourselves.

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann smiles nastily. "Oh, I'm in no rush to fit my neck for the rope myself," he replies, "but there's always the chance that we won't have time to do things the... pleasant.. way. With as much money as we could be talking... Well. Greedy men do foolish things, sometimes."


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

Perception - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Syndir caught the strangely dressed man's subterfuge but didnt react to it. What did he care if the man ripped off an establishment that didnt even have the decency to serve its customers? He kept his replies to Farid private considering his companion had started talking to the man with the quick hands.

Dark Archive

Perception checks all around, please. I'll account for modifiers like distance and intervening barriers, just give me your rolls, plus your normal modifiers. In general, if you have situational modifiers to skill checks (favored enemy, trapfinding, etc.), I'd like you to note them when you roll.

Once that's done and Jelani gets around to posting, we'll move forward. For the record (since Farid asked), the barkeep and the lone server on duty have been absent from the unguarded tavern floor for the better part of ten minutes. Seamus, Kamlann, and Jelani have been engrossed in a bit of conversation until now, but it is a tad strange, now that you think about it.

EDIT: Syndir, that Perception check will suffice for the check that I requested.

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus 3

Perception check: 1d20 ⇒ 4.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

It occurs to me now that this "All-Seeing Eye" forgot to take ranks in Perception. Hah. Next level xD.
Perception check anyway: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Jelani looks appraisingly at the newcomers. This was tedious business, but his new ally thought it was important to have a couple more people around them. This... Seamus, wasn't exactly the brightest character. Jelani doubted he could even manage a simple cantrip. Fellah* was the osiriani word for such commoners. Either way, Jelani hadn't said much to Seamus yet, preferring to let Kamlann do the talking in this case.

The pair that had just entered also held little interest for Jelani, and didn't look to hold any potential either. He sighed, just a little petulantly. Hopefully Kamlann knew what he was doing.

*Translates roughly to "pleb" or "peasant"


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

"I am gonna go in the back and see what is going on. If this place does not want to rent rooms we can move to the next place Syndir".

Farid moves towards "the back" of the establishment to seek out its employees.

Dark Archive

If anyone catches Seamus' little grab, no-one speaks up. Farid, heading back behind the bar, sees a single wooden door that may lead to a storeroom, or may simply lead to the alley out back.

The patron at the far table continues to snore away.

@ Syndar:
Not only do you spot Seamus' sleight of hand, but you also pick up on a slightly unusual phenomenon. You hear a soft creaking sound from the upstairs floor, and spy a faint shower of dust - no... not dust, but sand - trickle down from between two wooden floorboards just above the table where Seamus has again taken his seat with Kamlann and Jelanis. All three men appear oblivious to the faint trickle of sand from the floor above, and Faris - presently headed for a door behind the bar - appears equally ignorant.

It could be nothing, but given the almost eerie stillness of the tavern floor, something about that creaking sound (soft as it was) just above the long table where these three strangers sit makes you nervous. You're a man with enemies, after all, and for all you know, the adventurers gathered here are working for your enemies, or brought their own.

Syndar, with the above in mind, please proceed with your actions and interactions in the tavern.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

Syndir all of a sudden 'saw' the room. It was as his masters had taught him...look, dont focus and see everything!... He hailed his rugged companion.

Kelish:
[b]Farid, my friend; let's go somewhere else. This beer is abyssal, theres no help to be seen and night approaches.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

It seemed strange that the Kelish man would switch languages mid-stream. He had been speaking Common just a minute ago. And he was complaining about the beer... Jelani hadn't seen him even take a drink. He leans in to speak quietly to Kamlann.

Osiriani:

"That Kelish man... do you think he is a spy?"


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Seamus watches the men around him begin speaking in various strange languages before shrugging his shoulders and sipping his ale. Apparently rudeness is easy to translate in any tongue.

Dark Archive

As the words leave Jelani's mouth (and hardly a beat after Syndir had spoken), a dull but clearly-audiblke thud and a faint shuddering of the front doors signals that something relatively heavy has come to rest against the entrance of the inn, on the exterior of the building.

All five of you are (or have been) hunted men, and your instincts tell you one thing: that kind of tactic is a stall. A barred door typically won't hold for long - often not long at all. Whatever or whoever has come here doesn't intend to let you sit for long. Not long at all.

Danger is imminent. Very imminent.

Sensing imminent danger, but seeing no obvious threat, I'd like everyone to give me one action that they'd like to take.

Then I'd like everyone to give me an initiative roll (though we aren't in combat or acting on initiative order quite yet). I've marked your positions on the GoogleDocs map. Kalmann, Jelani, and Seamus are sitting. (I believe that is a -2 AC vs. melee attacks, +2 AC vs ranged... sort of like a lesser version of the prone condition. It's a move action to stand.) I'll assume that no-one has weapons drawn at present. Please remember that drawing a weapon is a free action as a part of a normal movement action, but not as part of a special move action (like standing up from a sitting position).

The green [?] on the map represents the sleeping patron.

The * icons on the map represent standing lanterns (see the Map Key). Please remember that unless you are within 30 ft. of a lantern, you're in dim light (concealment). If you're outside of 60 ft. from a lantern, you're in total darkness.

Characters with low-light vision (Jelani) should double those ranges.

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus 3

Kamlann looks back at the two newcomers, more seriously, noting the weapons on the one called "Farid" and the nervousness that had suddenly overtaken the one called "Syndir." "Not necessarily..." he begins, in Common, but the sudden noise at the door cuts off that thought. Kicking back his chair, Kamlann rises to his feet, reaching for his blade as he looks toward the door.

Edited for post conflict. Action is to stand.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

One more question: which door has been seemingly barred? I assume the main door is at L-M/18...


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Jelani hands instinctively twist into the arcane tracings that protect him, the arcane chant flows effortlessly and suddenly there is a shimmer around his robes. He stands, reaching for his staff.

Not sure if 'one action' refers to one round worth or a surprise round worth (standard or move only). If it's the latter, my standard action is to cast Mage Armour.
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

The mug slips from his hands as Seamus hears the thudding sound against the inn's door. Jumping up, his hand is almost a blur as it draws out his scimitar as he looks around himself for danger.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Move action to stand up from a sitting position. Because I have the Quick Draw feat I posted myself drawing my scimitar as a Free Action, outside of the "as part of the move". GT please let me know if you disagree.

Also, my pistol is concealed on my person currently. It will probably be out very soon but until then here's the initial Sleight of Hand I should have made for people to attempt to spot it. Sleight of Hand for hiding pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus 3

Perception check to notice the pistol: 1d20 ⇒ 6.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Any other doors or stairs in this place?

Farid wants to draw his axe and listen at the door to determine if there is something going on on the other side.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Dark Archive

@ Kamlann: The sound clearly came from the front doors at L18 and M18, yes. Kamlann is standing, ready to draw.

@ Jelani: One action means a single action only (move or standard, plus free and swift actions. Jelani remains seated, but with mage armor cast.

@ Seamus: I concur with regards to the Quick Draw. Seamus is standing, with scimitar drawn.

@ Everyone: Really great initiative rolls so far, guys.

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus 3
Garden Tool wrote:
@ Everyone: Really great initiative rolls so far, guys.

....they caught us off-guard?

Dark Archive

@ Farid: The back door (or storeroom door, for all you know) is still some 20 feet away (you were still only headed there), so I'd have to treat your action as a simple active Perception check. One action means one action, though, so it's either draw your axe or make an active Perception. I'll assume for now (unless I hear differently from you before everyone's initiatives are in), that you intended to draw your axe as a move action, and move toward the back door as a part of that action.

EDIT @ Farid: The upstairs staircase (three-story building, remember) is marked on the map. Characters higher up the staircase have height advantage over characters lower on the staircase. Remember that height advantage only applies to melee attacks, and that travelling up most staircases (including this one) is effectively the same as moving over rough terrain.


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Does it help at all that Jelani can act in any surprise round? Totally forgot my Forewarned, and that also bumps my initiative by 1.

Dark Archive

@ Jelani: Initiative bump noted. We aren't in combat or acting in initiative order yet, but we may be very soon. If there's a surprise round, you'll act in it (even if you're not aware of the enemy, or who/where/what it is).


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

I will draw my axe and move towards the door.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

Initiative - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

The Qadiran man hadnt moved since Fadir had given him the brew and he hadnt taken a drink either. He could only guess if any of the men realized that or understood his native tongue. As the thud at the door sounded through the tavern; Syndir knew their chance to run was long gone and wished fervently that none of the men in this room were involved in the trap. For trap is what it had to be...coil with fangs bared...ssslither and sstrike... but he wasnt sure how anyone had recognized Farid nor himself in the scant few moments theyd been in town. He quickly cast a protective spell and shifted his weight so that 3/4 of his body rested on his back foot as he sunk into a slight crouch.

move action to cast Mage Armor - AC = 18
swift action to activate Snake Style

Dark Archive

With all eyes (save one pair) on the tavern doors, the apparent threat emerges, without warning, with a soft, thudding plop. A torrent of sand surges through the floorboards above Kamlann, Jelani, and Seamus' table with unnatural, gravity-defying speed. Something amber-colored - a stone? - glitters in the heart of the teeming sand pile that now rests on the surface of the long banquet table.

Syndir, while perhaps confused, is not surprised; and Jelani's supernatural senses alert him to danger instantly. The thing on the table makes a move of some sort, and combat erupts all around you.

A combat reminder: As I said in the original post in the Recruitment Thread, I'll be rolling my dice on the table, but hiding my modifiers. The exceptions are initiative rolls, damage rolls, and other rolls whose totals are apparent. Thus, you'll see my literal die rolls "on the table," but not my modifiers. Rather, I'll simply let you know if my attack succeeded, if my save failed, and so on. You'll be able to guess at my modifiers by looking at the roll, but you'll rarely know for sure what they are.

Feel free to use the information you are able to discern (such as learning a creature's AC by trail-and-error) to your advantage.

Initiative:
The sand-thing rolls initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

The initiative order is as follows:
sand creature; 26
Syndir; 20
Farid; 7 (+3)
Jelani; 7 (+2)
Seamus; 6
Kamlann; 4

Only the creature, Syndir, and Jelani will act in the surprise round, and in that order. I do interpret the surprise round as including and allowing for free actions and swift actions.

The sand creature occupies square AD11, and acts first. As a standard action, it changes shape.

Shifting it's shape before your eyes, the formless sand pile takes on a distinctly human shape (though it's color and texture remains clearly that of sand). The thing assumes the form of a regal Kelish human with a sharp widow's peak. The faux-man appears to be wearing fine clothes and holds the object which was formerly at the sand-creature's center in it's left hand. The object is plainly a hunk of cut amber.

@ Kalmann, Seamus, and Syndir:
Instantly, the mere presence of this creature cuases a strange, lethargic feeling to wash over the three of you.

I need a Will save from Kalmann, Seamus, and Syndir. Since we'll have to wait until evening for Jelani to take his surprise-round action, you three should go ahead and roll your own saves in this case, as it won't really slow down combat.

Anyone who would like to roll a Knowledge skill with regards to this creature should do so.

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus 3

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22.
Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Knowledge (planes) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Dark Archive

It is Syndir's turn. Surprise round actions only. I need a Will save from you.

@ Farid & Syndir:
You recognize the human shape that the sand-creature has taken, and though its' gaze does not linger on you, a smile plays across it's lips in the brief moment in which it's eyes meet yours.

This shape is that of the former House Apep head servant, Jahoum. Jahoum was a very professional, very well-mannered house servant, and served House Apep faithfully for many years. He perished in the fire that Syndir left behind.

Dark Archive

@ Kamlann:
With some alarm, you recognize this creature as an extraplanar entity: an earth elemental of some sort. You have, in your studies and travels, heard of a kind of earth elemental called a "sandman," though you know little or nothing about their abilities. Presumably, they are so called for their less-earthen, more-sandy shapes and properties.

A Knowledge (planes) check reveals all elemental traits, and all traits related to the earth, elemental, and extraplanar subtypes. Please remember that although talking is a free action, you cannot take actions while flat-footed. Please reserve any warning shouts, etc, until it is your turn. After you are no longer flat-footed, you may speak "out of turn" all you like.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

Will Save - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Recognition dawned on the monk even as the lethargic feeling washed over him.

...Ah, but of course it would be Jahoum...

This has nothing to do with you men. I fear my problems have followed me here...as they have everywhere... You should leave as soon as possible by any means at your disposal with my humblest apologies.

Dark Archive

@ Syndir & Kamlann:
You feel momentarily drowsy, but the feeling is easily resisted, and passes harmlessly.

Syndir, proceed with your surprise round action.


Male Human Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 3

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Knowledge (local) to identify the man the creature is mimicking: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Also, GT I forgot about my Gunslinger Initiative Deed. It gives me a +2 to Init which puts me at 8.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

HP = 18/18, AC = 18, F/3 R/4 W/8, Snake Style Active

As he'd done and as he knew he'd do again; Syndir prepared himself to destroy one of his house's minions. He called upon the wyrm inide of him and charged his hand with negative energy.

Suprise Action - cast Touch of Fatigue


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Suprise Round
HP:17/17, AC=15, F4/R2/W9, Mage Armour active
Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

The creature before him was fascinating. He had heard of these so-called "sandmen" but never had he had the chance to see one. Unfortuneately, it wasn't bound like the other elemental subjects he'd observed. He should prepare to defend himself. He stands, reaching for where his staff used to be, only to find it had clattered to the floor.

Move action to stand. Depending on your ruling, this would probably provoke an AoO.

Dark Archive

The revised initiative order is as follows:
sand creature; 26
Syndir; 20
Seamus; 8
Farid; 7 (+3)
Jelani; 7 (+2)
Kamlann; 4

Bizarrely, Seamus simply nods off on his feet in the heat of combat, his chin dipping down and his eyelids fluttering shut.

As I mentioned in the original post, the rules do not mention how or when you fall prone if you are knocked unconscious or rendered dead or dying. Thus, my ruling (and the closest thing I have to a house rule) is that you'll go prone at the start of your next turn after becoming unconscious. Thus, Seamus will fall prone on his turn.

Syndir casts some sort of spell; his fingertips crackle softly with strange energies.

Jelani, you are correct. Standing from sitting or prone positions does provoke. The creature has height advantage.

slam attack of opportunity: 1d20 ⇒ 16
slam damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Jelani reels from the attack, grasping at his chair as the creature's sandy fist slams into him.

Jelani takes 5 damage. The surprise round is over; it is now round one, and the sand creature's turn.

The creature's shape shifts again, taking on the form of a broad-shouldered, ruggedly handsome Kelish rake. Smirking at the distant Farid, the monster takes a casual swipe at Kamlann, then surges forward, taking a roundabout path to Syndir's side. Kamlann is wounded, and feels a strange, sleepy sensation wash over him again as the strange sand that comprises the creature's body showers down around him. Once again, he does not give in, and the drowsy feeling passes.

@ Farid:
You recognize the creature's facade. You are perplexed and angered to realize that it's shape is that of your former mentor, Amin.

@ Syndir:
Oddly, you do not recognize the creature's new shape.

slam attack: 1d20 ⇒ 19
slam damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Kamlann's Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Kamlann takes 6 damage. The creature moves to space AA10 after attacking. This would provoke from Jelani, but Jelani is not armed.

Though it speaks not a word, the creature ...rumbles, a strange sound that originates from somewhere inside of it. The sound is alien, yet oddly unmistakable. It's laughter.

Syndir, it is your turn.


HP: | AC: | T: | FF: | CMD: | F: | R: | W: | Perc: | SM: | Init:

HP = 18/18, AC = 18, F/3 R/4 W/8, Snake Style Active

Syndir is confused by the sand's new appearance and his focus strays in his attempt to deliver his strength draining spell.

Touch Attack - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Dark Archive

Syndir's attack fails, and Seamus falls over, asleep and snoring along with the oblivious patron in the back of the room.

It is Farid's turn.


Male Human Barbarian 1 - Rogue 2

Seeing his companion in trouble Farid charges the creature.

"Syndir what manner of creature is this with a shifting face!"

Melee Axe Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Axe Damage 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male HP:9/17, AC15/To11/FF14, F4/R2/W9 Half-elf (Half Garundi) Diviner 2/Cleric of Nethys 1

Managing to sneak in some posts today :)

Jelani had luckily managed to get his arms up just in time to block most of the damage from the blow, but he was still left reeling. "It's some sort of earth elemental!" Jelani curses his inability to dismiss such outsiders. But perhaps he could help ensure that there were no casualties from the battle. He focuses for a moment, his hand going to the amulet hanging around his neck. He says a quick prayer to Nethys, picturing the birthmark on his neck. Suddenly, everyone in the room feels a surge of morale as Jelani's spell flows out to his allies in this fight.

Standard Action to cast Bless centered on Jelani. Move action next to Seamus. Can't access the map from work :(

Dark Archive

Farid, I've moved your icon on the map. Also, if anyone else wants to roll Knowledge on this, feel free.

Farid connects with the man-shaped mass of sand, but his axe deals no damage to the monster - the force of his axe is absorbed by the creature's shifting sand-flesh.

Damage reduction absorbs all seven points of damage.

Dark Archive

Jelani, I've moved your icon on the map through the difficult terrain (chairs) around the edge of the table. It is Kamlann's turn.

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus 3

"It may have been your problem, Qadiran, but you've made it ours!" snarls Kamlann angrily, spitting blood. He raises a hand, murmuring an arcane phrase, and a shimmering energy field glimmers into existence before him. Standard action, cast shield. As soon as the spell is finished, Kamlann leaps over the chair next to him, drawing the scimitar from his belt as he does so; for a moment, a strange gleam appears to ripple along its edge. Move action to AB10, going over the chair to avoid the AoO (even with the rough terrain penalty, should be no problem), drawing scimitar as part of the move; swift action, spending an arcane point to enchant the blade.

AC 21, hp 17/23, current effects bless, shield, arcane point.

1 to 50 of 792 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Garden Tool's Suspicious Minds Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.