Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Inner Sea Megadungeon: Delving the Drowning Stones

Game Master Garden Tool

A site-based adventure featuring one of the Mwangi Expanse's largest ruins: the Drowning Stones.

GoogleDocs Maps


451 to 500 of 551 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Yeah, that's not happening.

"Stop!" Nicoleta shouts, raising a threatening starknife.

I would have attempted to say that as soon as it started moving. If I could, then if the ulat-kini doesn't stop withdrawing, Nicoleta will follow it and attack, using agile feet if need be to ignore terrain penalties.

Potential starknife attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11, damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6.

If I couldn't have responded before the ulat-kini completed its move:
[ooc]...then my action depends on how far away it got. By preference, I would circle it, again using agile feet if needed, and end of adjacent to it on the opposite side of it from the camp.


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

I think these things speak undercommon. We ran into an entire island of them in a home game recently. Can anyone speak to it? GT, what knowledge skill is it to know about Ulat-Kini?


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

If the Skum continues to retreat Ojore will drop an entangle on it, but center it so that the center is 25' beyond him, making it much more difficult for him to continue in the direction he is heading, and easier for him to head back. DC is 13 to avoid entangle, but terrain is difficult even if he makes the save. Area is 40' Radius, but in the jungle I am not sure friend or foe will easily tell where the boundaries are.


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

You don't want it coming back with 50 of its best friends Nicoleta? :)

Nesipho stands to full height and utters an incantation.

Cast dancing lights some 20' beyond the skums current position.

Four orbs of light appear beyond the creature, hovering in the air and casting shadows from the nearby foliage.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Elsir will ready a grease spell in the event that the entangling roots fail to snare him.

Dark Archive

No spells or readying out-of-combat. This sounds like we're taking hostile action / rolling initiative.

Initiative checks, everyone.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Initative 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Initiative 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Dark Archive

Skum's initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Ojore's tiebreaker roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Skum's tiebreaker roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Shange's initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

INITIATIVE

Nesipho @ 17
Elsir @ 16
Ojore @ 15+
Skum @ 15-
Shange @ 14
Kargath @ 13
Nicoleta @ 10

After a tense beat of stillness, everyone springs into action, including the ulat-kini, who seems intent on fleeing.

Nesipho reacts first. Are we still casting dancing lights?

A reminder from the SRD:

thePFSRD wrote:
Areas of dim light include outside at night with a moon in the sky, bright starlight, and the area between 20 and 40 feet from a torch.

Unless you've got darkvision, you're looking at dealing with concealment.


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Still casting dancing lights to shed some light in the creatures likely path of movement.


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

The druid keeps his planned action, even if the grease is cast first.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Seeing the potential for the Skum scout to escape Elsir wiggles his fingers and conjures a blob of grease to fly from his fingers coating the ground around the Skum with a dark oily sheen.

Grease on the ground around Skum DC15

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Nicoleta should be adjacent to the skum before it starts running, so you might want to be more specific with the targeting of that spell, Elsir.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Good point, I can place it as such to hit him and avoid you and would do so. If it works he will be prone next to you.


Waiting to see what the skum does before kargath acts

Dark Archive

Sorry, I totally forgot to mention that I updated the map.

Nesipho, you can actually place your spell effects on the map, within the range of the spell.

Ojore has readied an entangle spell if it chooses to run.

Elsir, you can actually place your grease spell on the map, too.

Skum's Reflex save vs. grease: 1d20 ⇒ 15 (modifier withheld)

The skum does not fall prone.

Map link is still at the top of the page.

The skum will be acting before Nicoleta, which means it may get a chance to run and/or hide (although there's entangle and grease to deal with, and the skum may not have the terrain-ignoring advantages that Nicoleta and Ojore have).


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Added 'dl' to the map for each of the four locations of one of the orbs from the spell.
That should put the skum at the edge of the normal light level cast by the spell, and 20'-40' out is raised by one light level, so dim to normal?

Dark Archive

Correct. Waiting on Elsir to place the grease, now.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

I'll try but google docs can be very fickled on my work computers.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Updated to reflect grease

Dark Archive

The ulat-kini makes a break for it, as he seemed ready to do.

Ojore, your readied action goes off. Place your entangle spell on the map, if you would. After it's been placed, I'll attempt the Reflex save.

Apologies for my unplanned absence on Friday.

Ojore already went immediately before the ulat-kini, so the initiative order is unchanged.


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

Ojore drops his spell where he can see the area well due to the dancing lights. He then 5' steps to AC24.

Done. I think I have the 40' radius correct. The capital Es are the spell's center.

Spell save is DC 14 Reflex, partial (Still difficult terrain if you make the save)

Dark Archive

Wow, that's an impressive-looking spell effect laid out like that.

Skum's Reflex saving throw: 1d20 ⇒ 10 (modifier withheld)

The skum saves against the effect, but still has to deal with the difficult terrain. It takes him two move actions to get to AI25.

Dodging the worst of the grasping vines and roots that erupt from the jungle floor at Ojore's command, the ulat-kini is nonetheless hampered by the overgrowth. As he breaks from cover, you can see that this "skum" wears heavy-looking metal armor. Scale, from the look of it. Encumbered by armor and slowed by Ojore's spell, the creature becomes quickly and plainly frustrated as it attempts to break away from the affected area.

Seeming to struggle with the common tongue, the creature blurts out:

N... no! Stop! Stopp...ing?!

Shange doesn't take orders from ulat-kini, unfortunately.

Shange is up.


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

Yes, 40' radius is, well, large. Nice of the critter to move to the edge of the entangle.

Ojore calls a command to the cat and points at the Skum. Shange, Guard The cat lopes to AH26 and smells at the Skum cautiously, ready to strike but not attacking the creature.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Garden Tool:
I was just wondering, is there a reason why Nicoleta is placed where she is on the map? You initially said the skum was less than a move action away from her, and my first posted action was to move aggressively toward it; by my reasoning, that should have left her adjacent to the ulat-kini when it started taking off. I certainly assumed so, and posted to that effect above when Elsir said he was going to cast grease, but you put Nicoleta where I imagine she was before all this began - in effect, ignoring the action she took while everyone else was waking up. I haven't moved her, though, because I wanted to double check on why first. Am I missing something?


Apparently the server ate my reply. Kargath will move to the edge of the entangle and wait, knuckles cracking

Dark Archive

@ Nicoleta: Yes; the reason is that we rolled initiative and you're up last. Your intention to move (and Ojore's and Nesipho's intentions to cast) are what triggered initiative. You're up, though!

@ Ojore: Since you didn't, I've moved Shange.

@ Kargath: Go ahead and move your "mini." Shange is in the spot I would've moved you to, and I'm not sure where you want to be exactly. I assume you're not cool with provoking.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

GT:
That's the thing, though; that's not possible. When Nicoleta took the move action I'm referring to, Ojore and Nesipho were still asleep. Maybe you missed that declaration?

Dark Archive

@ Shisumo: Then let's assume for the sake of simplicity that you anticipated Ojore's spell. I've moved you to the edge of the entangle radius.

The ulat-kini moves out of the twisting entangle spell, (into space AI26).

That provokes from Shange - go ahead and take the attack Ojore, and then I'll continue with the ulat-kini's turn.


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

The young lion snaps at the fleeing ulat-kini.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

And then begins to growl, promising more, if the creature continues to retreat.


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Does Nicoleta still have an action to declare? Or are we back at the top of the init order?

Dark Archive

The skum is finishing its' turn.

Attempting to escape - perhaps in vain, due to the heavy armor that it wears - the creature grunts as the lion grazes it.

The skum has double-moved to space AN29.

Dark Archive

Shange is up.

Dark Archive

The lion lopes along after the skum, thinking this chase is some kind of game.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Dark Archive

Shange's claws scrape across the thing's metal armor. The ulat-kini growls.

Kargath is up.


"Ere now, don'tcha be runnin' off! I ain't got t' pummel ye yet!" The dwarf took off on stubby legs, trying to chase down the fishman. Fortunately, the ulat-kin was slowed by the undergrowth, and the dwarf managed to catch up.

Spoiler:

Double move to catch up.

If an AoO is provoked

improved grapple 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 ---> Urk!

Dark Archive

Nicoleta is up. Kargath, I don't think that you can make a grapple attempt as an attack of opportunity.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (preacher) of Desna 3

Nicoleta dashes off after the fleeing ulat-kini, looping past it to block off its escape.

Double move as indicated on the map. Swung a little wide to stay within open ground and avoid AoOs, but 80 feet is a lot of distance she can cover.


Male Human Magus 5/Rogue 3 (HP 51, AC 21 (25 w/ shield), Touch 15 (19), Flat 17 (21)) Arcane Pool 2/8

Assuming my action now unless something else pops out of the bushes.

With a mere thought and wave of the hand Nesipho directs the dancing lights to close in on the skum. Move lights to AD28

This one seems to know a little common at least. He then moves up to the edge of the light, commanding in multiple languages.

First in common, "Stop where you are."
Polyglot: "Ukuma kuphi wena."
Dwarven: "Nerede durur."
Sylcan: "Berhenti di mana Anda berada."
Orcish: "Sustabdyti, kur esate."
Elvish: "Rhoi'r gorau i ble rydych chi."
Celestial: "σταματήσετε όπου και αν βρίσκεστε."

@GT, not sure how many languages you want to allow me to speak out in in a single round, but assume the order I've listed them here in if it makes any difference.


Garden Tool wrote:
Nicoleta is up. Kargath, I don't think that you can make a grapple attempt as an attack of opportunity.

You are correct. I was thinking it was in place of a melee attack, like trip. Use trip instead, though it will likely not matter with those rolls.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Muttering under his breath something about a lack of forsight Elsir moves to get a better view of the fleeing ulat-kini Move action: will update google docs with Elsir moving to get a clear line of sight. Sighting the fleeing creature though the underbrush Elsir weaves his hands in an arcane gesture while calling out words of power. Standard Action: cast Create Pit DC:16

crunch:
School:
Conjuration (Creation)
Level:
Sorcerer/Wizard 2, Summoner 2
Components:
V, S, F (miniature shovel costing 10 gp)
Casting Time:
1 standard action
Range:
medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect:
10-ft.-by-10-ft. hole, 10 ft. deep/2 levels
Duration:
1 round + 1 round/level
Saving Throw:
Reflex Negates
Spell Resistance:
No
You create a 10-foot-by-10-foot extradimensional hole with adepth of 10 feet per two caster levels (maximum 30 feet).

You must create the pit on a horizontal surface of sufficient size. Since it extends into another dimension, the pit has no weight and does not otherwise displace the original underlying material. You can create the pit in the deck of a ship as easily as in a dungeon floor or the ground of a forest.

Any creature standing in the area where you first conjured the pit must make a Reflex saving throw to avoid falling into it.

In addition, the edges of the pit are sloped, and any creature ending its turn on a square adjacent to the pit must make a Reflex saving throw with a +2 bonus to avoid falling into it.

Creatures subjected to an effect intended to push them into the pit (such as bull rush) do not get a saving throw to avoid falling in if they are affected by the pushing effect.

Creatures who fall into the pit take falling damage as normal.

The pit's coarse stone walls have a Climb DC of 25. When the duration of the spell ends, creatures within the hole rise up with the bottom of the pit until they are standing on the surface over the course of a single round.

As the conjured pit appears beneath the Skum, Elsir shouts a warning to his companions to be careful.

Dark Archive

Hm. Elsir, take a look at the map and place your pit, please. The enemy is surrounded by your allies, so don't forget about the 5-foot slopes.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

House has been without power due to a storm. Once it's up I'll post the pit on google docs. The iPhone won't let me.

Grand Lodge

(Male Half Diviner (Foresight) 3 AC 13 / HP 19 / F +3 R +5 W +5 / Init. +15 / Perc. +12)

Googledoc update.

As the conjured pit appears, Elsir positions so that the Skum is on the edge of a steep slope. Kargath! Elsir yells. Push him into the pit if you can!

Dark Archive

Well, Ojore is up, and the skum only risks falling in if he ENDS his turn on the slope. Ojore, it's your turn.


M: Human Mwangi Gestalt Druid 1/Barbarian 1 || HP 15/15 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17, CMD 16 || F +4, R +2, W +4 || Per. +6 Init +2

The druid casts Longstrider on himself and moves 30'.

Sorry for my delay. Have had some long work days and then ran my home game tonight.

Dark Archive

Roaring with either fear, frustration, or both, the skum seems to surrender.

It grumbles, in broken Common.

Leave me... go. Leave me, peace.

451 to 500 of 551 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Garden Tool's Delving the Drowning Stones Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.