Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

In Darkest Times (Inactive)

Game Master Magnu123

In short, this homebrew was intended for beginner GM's. The story contains a variety of elements in sequence that gradually go through different terrains, battle situations, and other challenges to allow a DM to become familiar with the rules.


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,704 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

As far as you can tell, these men are sincere. The wyvern is a trained performing animal.


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Thervold wanders over to Casvian and Alric, rubbing his sore muscles.


The two men look at your group awkwardly for a moment more, and then push past. They are heading toward the snack bar.

The rodeo continues in the background of this conversation. After Edelle's upset victory and the most recent flop of a show, things seem to have evened out. Most people fall off of the horse, but a handful stay on. The crowd is most interested in the feast coming up in the evening.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

After the busy work of directing people to their seats Teriwyth has worked himself up a mighty thirst and leaves to find a mighty drink to suit.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Well hold up there, I recognize you lot from before, and I still owe you a beating. So we can do this civil like, barehands, one by one, or we just go till someone quits movin'.

Ready attack if they come out swinging

More quietly, Otherwise someone might let slip how you doped up the horse an' all. Not to mention sneaking practice runs with the wyvern. I don't care overmuch, but you offended me and i mean to settle this.


Female Human Monk 7

Edelle wanders to a nearby hill to practice and be properly limber for the coming trials.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

"This is going to be interesting." Casvian thinks to himself ready to watch Alric fight.


The men's eyes grow wide and they take you much more seriously. They look at each other for a moment. The larger one looks about ready to fight, but the small squirrelly one holds up his hands to stop the fight. "Alright, alright, but not here. Let's go somewhere a bit more private, alright? " At this point, Troy finds your group and comes running up to Thervold. "You were so funny! You had no clue what you were doing, did you? haha!.. Hey who are these guys? " Troy gestures toward the ranch-hands currently negotiating the terms of the fight.

Edelle wanders away from the crowds. She is used to a more serene environment. Roughrider bows out, realizing there will be plenty of time for conversation later. She sees the vast expanses of the humming hills around her. The sunlight glints off of several small objects on hillsides to the east.

The ranchhands lead you away from the crowds toward the back of the barn, out of sight of most people. Troy is sent away to continue exploring and he has no problem with this. The remaining ranch hands also gather. There are currently five of them to your four men. Edelle can see this gathering from her position to the north, and begins to wander in.

"Alright, let's settle this. We're all men of our words here, so let's settle this like a gentleman's duel. If we win, you keep your traps shut. If you win, we'll turn ourselves in. No manufactured weapons. Last team standing wins. Agreed?" One man sits out, ensuring that the fight is fair at 4 on 4. Edelle is about 200 feet away at this point, when she arrives, the other man may join the fray.


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6
Magnu123 wrote:

The men's eyes grow wide and they take you much more seriously. They look at each other for a moment. The larger one looks about ready to fight, but the small squirrelly one holds up his hands to stop the fight. "Alright, alright, but not here. Let's go somewhere a bit more private, alright? " At this point, Troy finds your group and comes running up to Thervold. "You were so funny! You had no clue what you were doing, did you? haha!.. Hey who are these guys? " Troy gestures toward the ranch-hands currently negotiating the terms of the fight.

Edelle wanders away from the crowds. She is used to a more serene environment. Roughrider bows out, realizing there will be plenty of time for conversation later. She sees the vast expanses of the humming hills around her. The sunlight glints off of several small objects on hillsides to the east.

The ranchhands lead you away from the crowds toward the back of the barn, out of sight of most people. Troy is sent away to continue exploring and he has no problem with this. The remaining ranch hands also gather. There are currently five of them to your four men. Edelle can see this gathering from her position to the north, and begins to wander in.

"Alright, let's settle this. We're all men of our words here, so let's settle this like a gentleman's duel. If we win, you keep your traps shut. If you win, we'll turn ourselves in. No manufactured weapons. Last team standing wins. Agreed?" One man sits out, ensuring that the fight is fair at 4 on 4. Edelle is about 200 feet away at this point, when she arrives, the other man may join the fray.

Casvian says."Me?" looking confused for a moment.

"Well sure I am in". He then stows his bow.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Agreed.
Alric sheds his most obvious weapons, The sword, bow, daggers and chakrams. There is a sizable pile by his pack at the end. Still remaining is his blade boot and concealed iron knife, but discretion is prudent, whatever the enemy.


Female Human Monk 7
Magnu123 wrote:
Edelle is about 200 feet away at this point, when she arrives, the other man may join the fray.

Is my path unobstructed enough to run to the combat?


there is nothing obstructing within your view


Round 1 Init
Rocco 15
John 14
Clark 12
Sly 11
Mark 9

Let's have initiatives and first round actions, please.

The ranchhands don various levels of armour in preperation and they mumble to each other in a huddle. A few of them don unusual medallions that glow momentarily before they put them away under their armours. The sounds of the rodeo continue muted in the background. Occasionally, the rising cheer of the crowd can be heard, but it does not surprise you as your mind is focused upon the coming task.


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Thervold isn't sure what is up with the argument brewing. He looks at Alric and Casvian to see if they want his help. He also wonders about the "fairness" of using magic.


Female Human Monk 7

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
I'll run to a space 40' from the nearest ranch hand. (that probably means the 5th ranch hand thinks he can enter combat on the second round)


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

initiative:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

edit:Noticing that Alric's path is block I will wait for him to move to a better position before I do anything.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

5 foot step to (Z,8)

Hopping neatly over the edge of the haystack, Alric blasts bolts of magic at the second ranch hand. No weapons appeared to suit him just fine.

Magic missile 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) + 3 = 13


Teriwynth:
Did you want to take part in this activity, or would you like a short solo adventure? I have something planned for you and Feliss. This would be a fine time for it.


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Thervold casts summon monster.


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Cancel that - at the last moment Thervold changes his mind and moved to 8,AB seeking cover behind the barrels.


Round 2 Init
Alric, Casvian, Edelle
Rocco, John, Clark, Sly, Mark
Thervold
Teri's Init 1d20 ⇒ 16

Alric blasts his target with a surprising magical bolt that flies out from the hay he kicks up while jumping the fencing The bolts hit unerringly into his target's torso. One of the others looks like he is about to protest, but holds his tongue, considering the implications.
Casvian waits for Alric to move, calculating the most efficient use of his time.
Edelle sees the ongoing combat and approaches cautiously. She is not sure whether she can make heads or tails of what is going on just yet.
Teriwynth attempts to drown out the berating of the opposing party with his own jeering story of the man who loved the cows. Inspiring for +1 to hit and damage, +1 vs. charms and compulsions.
The ranchers move with incredible skills and teamwork. The man sitting out of the fight leans against the barn, shouting bigoted obscenities about elves.
The largest of the bunch draws himself up to his full height, and puffs out his chest. Something strange then happens. It almost seems like he keeps growing. Finally it is clear that this man posesses some magic as well. With a mighty yell, he picks up a nearby plank and swings it at Alric, knocking him square in the temple. The man's strength is incredible, and he got off a lucky shot. 38 damage
The second man, wearing simple clothing, moves up a short distance and points menacingly at the two elven heroes. Some magical effect is apparent, but the nature of the magic is yet to be determined.
The next gentleman in the corner moves next to his compatriot who is leaning against the barn. He then yells to Alric with a compelling voice. "Heel, boy" DC 13 will save
The last man unaccounted for in combat holds his action, apparently waiting for an opening.
Thervold, unused to this kind of hostility in his homeland, hides behind a barrel. His knees quiver slightly, but he will soon regain his composure.


Female Human Monk 7

Seeing people attacking her friends Edelle charges in and attempts to fatigue Mark
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 (including charge bonus)
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
DC17 Fort save against fatigue if the hit landed.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Magnu:
Sure I guess, though I'm already here

Spellcraft, identify spellcasting 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

"Hey now! That ain't quite fair." Teriwyth says pointing out the spellcasting. He then snaps his fingers, which echos with resounding clarity throughout the fight. Suddenly his allies are much faster.

Casting Haste, Targets Edelle, Casvian, Alric, Teriwyth, Thervold


Edelle:
Just wanting to clarify this: Mark is the one leaning against the barn shouting obscenities, but not actually fighting. Do you still want to attack him?

Teriwynth:
Alright, I just wanted to give you something a bit more engaging. I guessed by your post frequency that the whole rodeo thing isn't keeping your interest.


Female Human Monk 7

Redirect at Roco, somehow I failed to work out who was the enlarged character :(


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Magnu:
Indeed, I mean it's not that I wasn't interested, I just didn't have much input into the situation. There's only so many variations of hanging out in the background. Not that I wanted to participate but I didn't have anything to do.


Teriwynth:
That's completely fair. I'll try to keep things a little more engaging for all in future. Sorry for the slip.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Magnu:
Don't worry about it, it happens. Some situations are just going to be more interesting to some than others.


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Thervold casts Summon Monster to send a minion into the fray.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
I guess I loose a turn


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

"I think Alric opened up Pandora's Box with the magic."

Can we see my character used a world appropriate phrase? :)

Casvian activates ranger's focus and charges Rocco(I am assuming he is the enlarged one).

6 BAB, 2 STR, 4 Ranger's focus, 2 charge, 1 haste
attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
damage:1d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

AC is 17 until the beginning of my next turn.


Initiative: Round 3
Heroes(Edelle, Alric, Casvian, Teriwynth)
Baddies(Rocco, John, Clark, Sly, Mark)
Thervold

Edelle charges up to the large man assaulting her friends with a post. She is spotted running up and the giant hits her on the back swing. 19 damage His strength is incredible to be sure. However, she comes in and lands a hit of her own square in his gut. The man doubles over and leaves himself open to attack. Casvian takes advantage of this opening and comes up to knee Rocco in the face. He comments "I think Alric has touched the Null Zone with his magic in this fight "
Teriwynth nods his agreement before sending out a magical boost to his allies. They feel lighter than air and agile. Teri is quick to adapt to the spell-duel situation. The irony of them thinking that magic would be their advantage is not lost on Teriwynth as he cheers his allies on from a distance.
Alric has a harder time of things as the command given by his opponents compels him to run through the danger zone. Fortunately, the brutish man is unable to take action as he passes. Unfortunately, however, the other men stand ready for Alric. As Alric begins his trace-like march toward the waiting spellcaster, he steps where John had previously been pointing and activates a hidden rune there. His body is shocked with electricity 6 damage John then strikes at the passing Alric with his open palm. Evidently, this man is well trained in hand-to-hand combat. 8 damage Finally, He reaches Clark, the spellcaster, who then punches him with a fist that swirls with several different magical effects. Fortunately for Alric, this attack misses horribly. Mark stand up to hit Alric. His fists flash with a metallic hue and he swears a curse against all elves and their kin. He swings twice at Alric. The first attack is a near miss, but the second finds contact on a pressure point that is naturally a weakness of the elves. 7 damage Sly closes from the other direction to flank Alric, but he misses as well.
John screams and performs a furious show of high kicks and punches into the air, this show is enough to shake all nearby heroes Casvian and Edelle are shaken for one round, Alric is shaken for 2 rounds. Thervold is unaffected as he is hiding behind a barrel, and Teriwynth is outside of the area of effect.
Thervold finishes casting his summoning spell and a creature appears nearby to begin attacking his enemies.

Thervold: you can decide where and what you have summoned from the Summon Monster I list, then take your next round.

Casvian: You held your action first round for Alric to move, so you still have a round unaccounted for.

Teriwynth:
The growth of Rocco, and the menacing pointing from John are supernatural abilities, so you are uncertain of their exact nature, but the effects are fairly obvious from what has just happened. The spell cast on Alric was Command.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

Goodnight everybody. Hp:-3


Haha, sorry about that. I was shocked when the brute scored a critical, then the failed save didn't do you much good either.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6
Alric wrote:
Goodnight everybody. Hp:-3

Not sleeping yet buddy

Cure Light Wounds!

Teriwyth uses his vastly improved speed to weave through the fray and make it to Alric's side. "Perhaps one more will help to even the odds"

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Are you saying you are allowing me to take another action? If so I will move to Z6 to flank with Edelle.


Male Half Elf Fighter 1/Sorceror 4/Dragon Disciple 2

HP:2 Shaken, prone

Feeling cautious after his recent ordeal Alric slips a small vial out of his belt, and downs a potion of invisibility before standing.


Casvian:
Ok, so I have: Round 1: Hold until Alric moves, then attack Rocco. Round 2: Move to Z6 to flank with Edelle. Round 3: ???


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Round 3 is a full attack. The flank should cancel out the -2 from being shaken.

6 BAB, 2 STR, 4 Ranger's focus, 1 haste
attack:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
damage:1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

attack:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
damage:1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
damage:1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

AC is back to 19.


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Thervold summoned a poisonous viper to Z6. He aims his lightening bolt at Rocco and fires away 6d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6, 4, 3, 6) = 28

He yells out "Protect Alric!" having seen his massive hit.


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Sorry meant John, not Rocco.


Female Human Monk 7

Let's take this brute down to size!

Attack, flurry of blows, flank cancelling shaken for ToHit, added haste.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 + attempt at stunning him DC17
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Round 3 Partial Review
Edelle attempts to keep the largest man from getting up. She, Casvian, and Thervold's summoned snake all attack Rocco together in a brutal assault Even the snake and its venom make an impact. Rocco's bite wound begins to foam slightly. The man should be dead by all rights, but he still somehow keeps moving. He attempts to punch Edelle, but his form is sloppy and he provokes an attack from her.
Teriwynth runs to the aid of Alric, as Teriwynth passes by John, he provokes an attack. John sends a pointed fist directly into Teriwynth's gut. 15 damage, and a DC12 stunning fist
Clark speaks another dire word against his enemies, this time directing his focus toward Casvian. "Betrayer" DC 13 will save or confused for 1 round
Mark is about to sit back down when he sees another Elf approaching. He awaits the results of John's strike to determine his actions. Sly also waits to see if Teriwynth becomes stunned.
Thervold launches an incredible burst of energy out against John, and it strikes him fully, then moves through John's body to ignite the nearby barrel.


Female Human Monk 7

AoO: Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

Fort Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Male Human 59/66 hp Ranger(guide variant) 6

Will save:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Round 3 Completion
Edelle fells Rocco before he can land his punch. The giant man falls and reverts back to his former size with a deep exhale.
Teriwynth takes the blow, but keeps moving past his opponent. He kneels and touches Alric, reviving him successfully. Alric Comes back into consciousness and smartly decides to avoid any further threat. He downs a potion and his body fades into the sunlight as though he were evaporating.
Mark and Sly move to attack Teriwynth. Teri sees the metallic fists of Mark come quickly toward his face, He is unable to dodge past them, and takes two blows to his jaw. 15 damage Sly misses his attack again. Teriwynth is well aware of the attempted sneak attack.
John moves up to Edelle and gives her a flying kick. 8 damage
Casvian's mind fills with visions of horrors. He attempts to silence the voices by smacking his head against the nearby barrel 7 damage

Initiative: Round 4
Heroes(Edelle, Alric, Casvian, Teriwynth)
Baddies(Rocco, John, Clark, Sly, Mark)
Thervold


Male Half-Elf Bard 1/Wizard 6

"Feliss, would you mind giving this to Edelle?" Feliss jumps from teriwyth's coat and runs over to Edelle and rubs his side against her leg, purring loudly before returning to Teriwyth. Teriwyth takes the time to carefully extract himself from the melee, going widely around his enemies in an attempt to avoid their attacks.

Casting Bull's Strength, Deliver Touch Spell with Feliss

Active Abilities
Inspire Courage (+1 to hit/damage, saves vs fear) - 3 rounds remaining
Haste (+1 to hit, AC, Reflex Saves, +30 ft movement, Extra attack during a full attack) - 3 rounds remaining


Female Human Monk 7

Next!
Spending a ki point for an extra attack and for +4 AC Bonus let's get this ended. Also the first will be an exhaustion attempt
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 DC17 V Exhaust.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 & Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

EDIT: Hadn't seen Teriwyth's post, but I presume he goes after me anyway? If not +2 to all those dice.


Male Human Arcane Sorcerer 7

Thervold peeks out from behind his barrel and moves to AA,7. He looks directly at Sly, smirks at him, and lets forth his lightning spell, directed at him.

6d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 6, 2, 4, 4) = 19

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,704 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / In Darkest Times All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.