Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Icewind Dale

Game Master Harm's Way

Targos Harbour

Phaen's House


1 to 50 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

A bitter wind howls outside; an eerie song promising further storms of snow to come. The old wooden walls creak in defiant protest of the wind, and as you look out the windows of the Salty Dog tavern you see the icy flakes whip through the air violently. It is a good night to be indoors.

You have taken up residence in the tavern for the past tenday; the journey up from Luskan was exhausting and upon arrival in the harbour you were disheartened to discover that Lord Ulbrec Dinnesmore had confined all mercenaries and sellswords to the harbour district. Rumours abound as to his reasoning, some say he has gone mad in light of the recent goblin attacks on the Palisades. Others still speak in hushed tones of a traitor abiding among the townsfolk.

You are all presently sitting at a small table by the fire, finishing off the remnants of your nightly meal. A few other small bands share the common room tonight; mercenaries from as far as Cormyr have ventured to Targos seeking fame and glory.

Hey guys, welcome to the gameplay post. Please take this opportunity to enjoy some in character conversation about whatever your heart desires. Spirits (and coin) are starting to run low among your group as the journey hasn't quite turned out as expected. Your biggest issue currently is the prohibition of mercenary companies from accessing the town proper, and for the last ten days you've been consigned to the harbour district. This has probably been a little disheartening and, combined with the relentlessly cold weather of late, has left everyone feeling a little down in the dumps.


Male CG Illuskan Human Oracle of Flame 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 19 (T12, FF 17) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perception -1, Diplomacy +8, Intimidate +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 2/4 | Volatile Conduit 0/1 | Touch of Flame 6/7

It's a definite mark of Tyrek's progress and maturity that this place is still standing after ten miserable days. Though it did take some consoling of the proprietor after the first time the illuskan unleashed a gout of flame into the fireplace, he seems to be getting used to it. Tyrek, of course, offered no apology or explanation. There was still progress to be made, it seemed.

Now, around the table Tyrek scowls and broods, tapping his hairless figures on the table and habitually pulling his shirt back over the severe burn scars on his wrists, like a nervous twitch. "I'm gonna burn this place down if we don't do something soon." He's been saying that for several days. He won't actually do it, right?

Stubborn as always, the illuskan wears his scorched armor still. His normally stringy red hair is a bit puffed out, evidence of the overabundance of time and readily available hot water for bathing. All of his gear sits with his backpack at his feet.


AC 19 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 16) | HP 12/12 | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Fort 5, Ref 6, Will 3 | Init 3, Perception 5
Attacks:
Unarmed Strike: Atk +5, Dmg 1d6+5, crit x2, blunt or piercing (because of cestus)

Unlikely as it sounds, even Griff is getting bored sitting around in the tavern all day every day. Unless, of course, it's just that his coin running low is making him a little edgy.

"I'm startin' to think that's not a bad idea" Griff smirks at the bartender, who looks uneasy every time Tyrek mentions fire. "If a little 'accidental' fire brought this place down ye think they'd have to let us go inta town, right? I'm sure there's lotsa fun to be had if we could just find it."

He drains his mug and hefts his (very light) coin pouch with a frown. "Hey! Another! Where the hell is that barmaid?" He thumps his meaty fist on the table while holding up his now empty mug. "We been here long enough ye think she'd learn to stay close by fer me refills."

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Magus (Eldritch Scion) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t 14, ff 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Darkness: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: none

Nilah glances at both of them, but dismisses their passive threats and returns to her sullen mood and mug of hot cider.

No, they've given so freely and helped so much. I need to start trying harder...

"Look, you've lasted this long without razing the tavern. The further you get, the more you have to lose by slipping, or the more you have to accomplish by extending your streak! Perhaps they'll let us start a bonfire outside, to provide spillover for this tavern and possibly also draw more customers. Would that get it out of your system or just make you want to burn more?" she asks Tyrek, hoping the meager suggestion will provide some relief.


Male Half-Orc Shaman 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 15 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Init +9 Perc +10 |
Skills:
Craft Jewelry 6, Diplomacy 6, Handle Animal 6, Heal 10, Knowledge Nature 6, Perception 10, Spellcraft 6, Survival 8
Prepared Spells:
0-Level: Create Water, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation | 1st-Level: Bless, Cure Light Wounds

Khasos grinned at his rowdier companions. He was not unduly stressed; Khasos had faith that all would be well. He sipped his own ale sparingly. Khasos rarely drank to excess.
”Perhaps we ahould start a side business? Come, one and all, to the Terrific Tyrek! Favoured of the flame, able to heat your bath water in even the coldest of snow-storms! Only two copper per basin!”

Khasos smiled, eyes twinkling with amusement at his own joke, though he was not so uncouth as to actually laugh at it. Hope popped out from her sling, and Khasos fed her a bit of cheese absent-mindedly.

”Perhaps some of the people here might have a bit more information. I could ask around, for though I’ve no doubt all will be well, I would be lying if I said the tedium wasn’t getting to me.”


Male Half-Orc Shaman 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 15 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Init +9 Perc +10 |
Skills:
Craft Jewelry 6, Diplomacy 6, Handle Animal 6, Heal 10, Knowledge Nature 6, Perception 10, Spellcraft 6, Survival 8
Prepared Spells:
0-Level: Create Water, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation | 1st-Level: Bless, Cure Light Wounds

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male CG Illuskan Human Oracle of Flame 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 19 (T12, FF 17) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perception -1, Diplomacy +8, Intimidate +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 2/4 | Volatile Conduit 0/1 | Touch of Flame 6/7

Tyrek grins evilly at Khasos' joke. "Oh, I could give them a lot more than hot bath-water. Heh, favoured of the flame. Right..."

The small fiery-haired man gets up out of his chair to follow Khasos, shaking his head. "Sure, that's gotta be more interesting than what we've been doing."

Tyrek tries to strike up a few conversations, but his mood and reputation here make things a bit difficult.

Gather Information: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Female Human (Uthgardt) Witch (Winter Witch) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +2

Tuva is slowly whittling down a piece of fish-bone. Pragmatic, it seems, she uses her free time on her craft, which at least brings in the occasional coin when she sells her ways in the streets - even out in the snow, in spite of the cold.

Morose as usual, the white-haired Uthgradt woman is engrossed in her work, though experience says she usually replies if directly addressed.


Male Half-Orc Shaman 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 15 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Init +9 Perc +10 |
Skills:
Craft Jewelry 6, Diplomacy 6, Handle Animal 6, Heal 10, Knowledge Nature 6, Perception 10, Spellcraft 6, Survival 8
Prepared Spells:
0-Level: Create Water, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation | 1st-Level: Bless, Cure Light Wounds

While Tyrek and Khasos work the room, the young Shaman converses with his friend.
”That wouldn’t be a bad moniker, you know. Up in the North, we like our Named Folk. Kreia Farstrider, famed scout, who has taken a thousand thousand steps and knows every path through the harshest tundra. Ulfric the Unbroken, protector of his clan and survivor of battles that would have slain lesser men a dozen times over.

The Favoured of the Flame? Now, there’s a man that sounds he can bring warmth and light to even the most rugged vestiges of the Dale. Maybe here’s where his reputation begins, eh?”


Khasos:
You overhear a small group of mercenaries sitting at a nearby table. Deep into their cups, they've become increasingly boisterous as the hour becomes late. Known as the Iron Collar mercenary band, they've earned themselves a reputation for their laziness, cowardice and arrogance. Currently, they boast of an absent fourth member; a necromancer who joined their band in LUSKAN and has been given a secret task by Lord Ulbrec himself. You get an odd feeling that this information will benefit you in the future.

As you listen intently to their drunken ramblings, you hear a soft rumble coming from the north. At first you dismiss it as thunder, but when the second and third occurrences catch your attention shortly after you realise it is nothing of the sort. Pricking your ears, you swear you hear cries for help in the distance muffled by the howling wind

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Magus (Eldritch Scion) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t 14, ff 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Darkness: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: none

Nilah isn't feeling particularly up for trying out the local reactions to tieflings, so she instead approaches Tuva.

"Hello Tuva. I'm guessing as long as we've been stuck here you've created quite a few interesting things. What will you make that into?"


Male Half-Orc Shaman 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 15 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Init +9 Perc +10 |
Skills:
Craft Jewelry 6, Diplomacy 6, Handle Animal 6, Heal 10, Knowledge Nature 6, Perception 10, Spellcraft 6, Survival 8
Prepared Spells:
0-Level: Create Water, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation | 1st-Level: Bless, Cure Light Wounds

Khasos let out a sharp whistle, a clear signal to his companions. Making eye contact with each of them in rapid succession, he then pulled out his crossbow and loaded a bolt.
”Some trouble is afoot! Cries for help, to the north. With me, my friends!”

Khasos, expecting to be followed, rushed towards the rumbling he had heard, ready for action.


Dwarven Sorcerer/1 | Init +5 | Per +8 | HP 8/8| AC 11, 10flat, 11touch | Fort +2 | Reflex +1 | Will +4|
Current Status:
Current HP: 8 | Current AC: 11 | Spells: 1st - 3/4

With foam covering his beard, Thâdænn looks up from his overly large mug. "Trouble!" he says pushing out his chair and grabbing his quarterstaff. He begins to follow Khasos but stops sharply and grabs the exposed bone on the half-eaten mutton leg from his plate. "Wait for me!" he continues as he pushes his way through the crowd and out the door after the shaman.

Looking back over his shoulder, he tries to catch a glimpse of Nilah and Tuva. He knew the hot-headed Tyrek and the brawling Griff will surely follow Khasos. They had been bored for days and announced that fact loudly to anyone who would listen. However, the two ladies were not nearly as impetuous and he didn't want them left behind. They would undoubtedly be needed if trouble was indeed in their immediate future.

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Magus (Eldritch Scion) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t 14, ff 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Darkness: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: none

Pondering Khasos' call for a moment, Nilah assumes Tyrek and Griff will follow and figures this is as much belonging as she has felt in a long time.

"Well Tuva, I don't know about you but at least when they're here I don't have to contend with the stares and suspicion of the locals alone. Why don't we go see what this is about and how we can help?"

She gets up from her chair and ensures her trusty scimitar is on her belt, but tucked under her dark cloak. She motions for Tuva to follow and then turns to head towards Khasos and Thâdænn.


AC 19 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 16) | HP 12/12 | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Fort 5, Ref 6, Will 3 | Init 3, Perception 5
Attacks:
Unarmed Strike: Atk +5, Dmg 1d6+5, crit x2, blunt or piercing (because of cestus)

At hearing Khasos' whistle, Griff downs his ale and lurches to his feet. "I'm comin'! Don't start the fight without me!"

Outside the door he staggers to the nearest snowbank and scoops up a double handful to slap onto his face. "Ugggh! Ok, I'm awake, I'm sober, I'm awake!" He looks around to see which way the others went and follows, now with a briskness to his step.


Female Human (Uthgardt) Witch (Winter Witch) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +2

At the sudden shout, Tuva starts, and the delicate fish bone in her hands snaps.

"It is nothing," she says to Nilah. She sweeps the pieces and her carving tools into the cloth wrap that she uses for such thing, and stands. She gestures with one hand for Nilah to proceed toward the door.


Male CG Illuskan Human Oracle of Flame 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 19 (T12, FF 17) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perception -1, Diplomacy +8, Intimidate +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 2/4 | Volatile Conduit 0/1 | Touch of Flame 6/7

Never be the first to arrive to the scene of trouble. Especially if you have a tendency of lighting things on fire. Tyrek learned that one the hard way. He was really easy to blame for most things, even if he did have good intentions. And if Tyrek was being honest, that wasn't the case all the time.

As the others head out the door, Tyrek takes a second to scoop up his pack and follows them out.


As you all stand up from the table and press towards the tavern door, a few of the patrons raise their eyes to see you leave. You feel as though you are the only reasonably sober folk in the establishment, and the fact that a few of the other patrons slur and mumble at your sudden movements reinforces your initial thought; you'll find no aid here.

You burst forth from the Salty Dog and into the freezing night air. The wind whips snow and ice through the air, obscuring your vision of the far side of the harbour. There's no mistaking the orange glow coming from the north however, and you can see almost instantly that there is a raging fire up ahead. The faint cries for help are almost drowned out by the violent wind, but you all hear them now that you are outside.

It's going to take you all a few minutes to make it to the far side of the harbour in this weather, but you're familiar enough with the layout of the surrounding buildings that you're confident you can find your way.

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Magus (Eldritch Scion) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t 14, ff 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Darkness: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: none

Nilah immediately notices the ominous, orange glow to the north and sprints off in that direction.

"Tyrek, any chance you have the ability to control and reduce fire? Other than that, we might be evaluating building collapse against who we can save in there..."


Dwarven Sorcerer/1 | Init +5 | Per +8 | HP 8/8| AC 11, 10flat, 11touch | Fort +2 | Reflex +1 | Will +4|
Current Status:
Current HP: 8 | Current AC: 11 | Spells: 1st - 3/4

Thâdænn scurries through the streets towards the raging fire. Slower than the rest of the group, he tires his best to keep up with the long-legged folk.


Male CG Illuskan Human Oracle of Flame 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 19 (T12, FF 17) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perception -1, Diplomacy +8, Intimidate +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 2/4 | Volatile Conduit 0/1 | Touch of Flame 6/7

"Hey, when they start pointing fingers, make sure you tell 'em it wasn't me." He makes no comment on the question about reducing the fire. If he could do that, his life would be a lot different now, wouldn't it?

The small Illuskan sprints north with the others, though he isn't as fast as some. He manages to keep pace with the dwarf, at least.


Female Human (Uthgardt) Witch (Winter Witch) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +2

Tuva's brow furrows as she follows Nilah out the door, her skirts swishing heavily. "Fire? At this season?"


AC 19 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 16) | HP 12/12 | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Fort 5, Ref 6, Will 3 | Init 3, Perception 5
Attacks:
Unarmed Strike: Atk +5, Dmg 1d6+5, crit x2, blunt or piercing (because of cestus)

Griff pauses for a second when he notices the orange glow. "Fire? How does a town covered in snow catch on fire?" He picks up speed as he comes to a realization: with this wind, there is a very high chance of embers blowing onto neighbouring buildings. "Come on, we gotta put that out 'fore the whole damn town goes up!"

His long strides begin to separate him from the others, but he slows to let them keep up, knowing he'll be useless fighting this thing alone.

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Magus (Eldritch Scion) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t 14, ff 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Darkness: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: none

Nilah gets a bad feeling about this situation and draws her scimitar as she runs through the night towards the orange glow...


Male Half-Orc Shaman 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 15 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Init +9 Perc +10 |
Skills:
Craft Jewelry 6, Diplomacy 6, Handle Animal 6, Heal 10, Knowledge Nature 6, Perception 10, Spellcraft 6, Survival 8
Prepared Spells:
0-Level: Create Water, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation | 1st-Level: Bless, Cure Light Wounds

Khasos runs forward. He won't be much good at fighting the fires directly, but he could organize, and surely there would be people that might require medical attention.

Taking the Run action to get there as quickly as possible. If I see anything suspicious along the way I may change that


The snow crunches underfoot as your make your way to the northern side of the harbor. It becomes obvious that the glow in the distance is indeed a fire; you surmise that one of the smaller warehouses in the district has caught fire. As approach the raging fire, you realise that the cries for help have fallen silent, though a new sound can be heard; the unmistakable chittering and snarling voices of goblins.

Anyone who can speak Goblin:
'Gut these longshanks 'afor they wake up! We's gotta get back to Vghotan an tells 'im the whole town's asleep and fair game!

You see three small figures hunched over the unconscious bodies of two guardsmen, standing 50 feet from where you are. The goblins are yet to notice you in their excitement, and there is a clear path toward them from the shadowy alley where your group is currently located.

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Magus (Eldritch Scion) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t 14, ff 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Darkness: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: none

As soon as Nilah spots the goblins she halts her sprinting in the dark alley and quiets her motion. She waits in the shadow, to ensure that all of her companions arrive before she acts.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Half-Orc Shaman 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 15 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Init +9 Perc +10 |
Skills:
Craft Jewelry 6, Diplomacy 6, Handle Animal 6, Heal 10, Knowledge Nature 6, Perception 10, Spellcraft 6, Survival 8
Prepared Spells:
0-Level: Create Water, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation | 1st-Level: Bless, Cure Light Wounds

Hearing the Goblins, he whispers to his companions.
"They're about to kill those guards! Be wary; they may possess means to put us to sleep. They're reporting to someone named Vghotan. I won't be able to shoot well if you're close; let me get off a shot before you rush in."

Khasos is not trained in clandestine arts, but will attempt to quietly move closer to the Goblins, keeping his crossbow trained on them.

Stealth (Untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Khasos will get as close as he can, while still remaining relatively hidden. If at any point it looks like the Goblins are about to harm the unconscious people, Khasos will immediately shoot his crossbow. If possible, however, he will wait until his allies are in position, then shoot as a signal for them to head into melee.

Crossbow when applicable (Hopefully Against Flatfooted): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


AC 19 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 16) | HP 12/12 | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Fort 5, Ref 6, Will 3 | Init 3, Perception 5
Attacks:
Unarmed Strike: Atk +5, Dmg 1d6+5, crit x2, blunt or piercing (because of cestus)

"You understand that gobbledygook? Maybe we should try to catch one of 'em alive, find out who the hell that Vghotan guy is!" Griff whispers loudly as he tries to sneak alongside the others.

Stealth (untrained): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
I'm going to go ahead and assume that doesn't work. I do the following whether the battle begins or not (unless they somehow still don't notice me).

When he notices that he is able to hide from precisely nobody, he lets out a roar and charges the nearest one, intending to knock it out of the fight as quickly as possible.

Actions:
Use Martial Flexibility to get Weapon Focus (unarmed) for 1 minute, which will set my unarmed attack to +6, with 1d6+5 damage.

Move closer to the nearest goblin, trying to open a charge lane while staying out of the way of any ranged attacks from Khasos and the others.

If necessary: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Dwarven Sorcerer/1 | Init +5 | Per +8 | HP 8/8| AC 11, 10flat, 11touch | Fort +2 | Reflex +1 | Will +4|
Current Status:
Current HP: 8 | Current AC: 11 | Spells: 1st - 3/4

Linguist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Strange language... I must learn it as soon as possible if we're to run into these little vermin often! Hearing Khasos's plan, Thâdænn attempts to move quickly and silently with the half-orc. As he steps out to fire his bow, the dwarf closes the distance to the closest grouping of goblins and casts a spell.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Casting: Color Spray, Will DC15

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Magus (Eldritch Scion) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t 14, ff 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Darkness: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: none

Welp, if combat proper is breaking out...

Nilah observes Khasos and Griff beginning to move on the goblins, and begins to make her own move along with Thâdænn, following the first shot fired.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

She sheaths her scimitar and decides that these goblins warrant a bit of scaring. She turns back to the rest of the party that's still in the shadows and smirks for just a moment, before abyssal claws grow out of her fingers.

Enter mystical focus, swift action, 1 eldritch pool point, duration 2 rounds

She runs up to the closest unharmed goblin and tears at it with her claws...

Movement, move action

Closest unharmed or closest that doesn't draw attacks from other goblins

Claw 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Claw 1 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Claw 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Claw 2 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Claw 2 confirm crit?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Claw 2 crit damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Attack, standard action. I think that covers her turn, whatever order it comes in.


Male Half-Orc Shaman 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 15 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Init +9 Perc +10 |
Skills:
Craft Jewelry 6, Diplomacy 6, Handle Animal 6, Heal 10, Knowledge Nature 6, Perception 10, Spellcraft 6, Survival 8
Prepared Spells:
0-Level: Create Water, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation | 1st-Level: Bless, Cure Light Wounds

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe you only gain both claws on a full attack, not as a standard action attack

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Magus (Eldritch Scion) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t 14, ff 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Darkness: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: none
Khasos Sky-talker wrote:
Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe you only gain both claws on a full attack, not as a standard action attack

Doh, correct you are. That's my bad. Apologies. GM, only apply the first claw attack (ug.. wasted some really good rolls there...)


Male Half-Orc Shaman 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 15 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Init +9 Perc +10 |
Skills:
Craft Jewelry 6, Diplomacy 6, Handle Animal 6, Heal 10, Knowledge Nature 6, Perception 10, Spellcraft 6, Survival 8
Prepared Spells:
0-Level: Create Water, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation | 1st-Level: Bless, Cure Light Wounds

I hate it when I do that :p

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Magus (Eldritch Scion) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t 14, ff 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Darkness: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: none
Khasos Sky-talker wrote:
I hate it when I do that :p

Nah, it's fine. I'm not used to characters having natural attacks.


Male CG Illuskan Human Oracle of Flame 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 19 (T12, FF 17) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perception -1, Diplomacy +8, Intimidate +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 2/4 | Volatile Conduit 0/1 | Touch of Flame 6/7

Subtlety? Nah, let's burn some Goblins.

Tyrek pulls his sleeves up slightly, revealing his shriveled and burnt skin, as he strolls confidently toward the goblins with a smirk on his face. Finally something real to do.

AV 17 since Tyrek never put on his shield. Actions: Double Move 40' closer, putting him 10' away.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

I think it was maybe unclear whether we were in combat or not, so we're at a mismatch in terms of actions. If we started 50' away when we began this, the only action that is technically possible is the crossbow shot. The rest are way too far away. If, on the other hand, we got to start within 25' of the goblins, Tyrek would've burnt them to a crisp if they were still standing after Thaedann's spell(burning hands). Probably inefficient use of resources but he's been itching to burn something for awhile now... lol

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Magus (Eldritch Scion) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t 14, ff 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Darkness: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: none
Tyrek wrote:
I think it was maybe unclear whether we were in combat or not, so we're at a mismatch in terms of actions. If we started 50' away when we began this, the only action that is technically possible is the crossbow shot. The rest are way too far away. If, on the other hand, we got to start within 25' of the goblins, Tyrek would've burnt them to a crisp if they were still standing after Thaedann's spell(burning hands). Probably inefficient use of resources but he's been itching to burn something for awhile now... lol

Good point. Yeah, I've apparently been spoiled by maps. If battle in fact began as the first crossbow bolt flew, then I'd have to do the same as Tyrek: double move. I would then also hold off on the mystical focus on not waste a round of it on movement.


Dwarven Sorcerer/1 | Init +5 | Per +8 | HP 8/8| AC 11, 10flat, 11touch | Fort +2 | Reflex +1 | Will +4|
Current Status:
Current HP: 8 | Current AC: 11 | Spells: 1st - 3/4
Tyrek wrote:
...after Thaedann's spell(burning hands). Probably inefficient use of resources but he's been itching to burn something for awhile now... lol[/ooc]

I cast Color Spray.


GM Rolls:

initiative Thâdænn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
initiative Tyrek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
initiative Nilah: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
initiative Khasos: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
initiative Tuva: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
initiative Griff: 18 = 18
initiative GM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Griff's Charge: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Nilah's Charge: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Khasos lets loose a bolt from his crossbow, catching the centre goblin fair in the spine. Griff and Nilah charge forward and close the gap, the half-orc throwing a mighty punch which crumples the goblin on the left hand side. Nilah's slender fingers take the shape of wicked claws as she moves, and though she manages to rend the flesh of the goblin on the right, he still stands. Tyrek, Tuva and Thadaenn move forward from the alley, ready to engage any threats which may appear.

I took some liberties to get the combat back on track. Khasos and Griff have both felled their opponents, and the last remaining goblin doesn't look too well. Thadaenn, you were too far away to cast color spray, but I assume you double move with Tyrek as your action in the surprise round. If Tuva has no action I assume she does the same, so that puts us into the initiative for round 1. You're up Khasos.


Female Human (Uthgardt) Witch (Winter Witch) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | Initiative +3 | Perception +2

Tuva hikes up her skirts and rushes through the snow toward the conflagration, where she quickly assesses the fire to see if it can be gotten under control with her rather minor magics, or if it's going to require a bucket brigade.


Male CG Illuskan Human Oracle of Flame 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 19 (T12, FF 17) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perception -1, Diplomacy +8, Intimidate +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 2/4 | Volatile Conduit 0/1 | Touch of Flame 6/7

Initiative Order:
Khasos <--- Up now!
Griff
Nilah
Tyrek
GM
Thâdænn
Tuva

Are there any apparent enemies left? If not, I'd just move us as a group up to the action and have us act in this order there.


AC 19 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 16) | HP 12/12 | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Fort 5, Ref 6, Will 3 | Init 3, Perception 5
Attacks:
Unarmed Strike: Atk +5, Dmg 1d6+5, crit x2, blunt or piercing (because of cestus)

I have a +3 initiative, which gives me 21. I'm still in the same order so it doesn't matter for now lol. Also, I'm not sure if I made it clear in my last post but I wanted to do nonlethal damage so we could ask the little bugger about his boss later. I have no penalty for nonlethal unarmed attacks so attack and damage is the same, he's just knocked out instead of dead. :)


Male Half-Orc Shaman 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 Touch 11 Flat-Footed 15 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +8 | Init +9 Perc +10 |
Skills:
Craft Jewelry 6, Diplomacy 6, Handle Animal 6, Heal 10, Knowledge Nature 6, Perception 10, Spellcraft 6, Survival 8
Prepared Spells:
0-Level: Create Water, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation | 1st-Level: Bless, Cure Light Wounds

Khasos reloads his crossbow but doesn’t want to risk hitting his companion. Instead, he waits for there to be space between an enemy and his allies to fire safely.
”Give me some space to shoot!”

Move Action; reload Crossbow. Ready action; Ranged Attack at any enemy that is 10 feet away from an ally
Attack when/if applicable: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Acknowledged Griff, just announce whether you're doing lethal or non-lethal in future (I'm happy to assume all unarmed strikes will be lethal if that's the way you wish to play it). Khasos has readied his action to fire at the goblin if the others move out of the way.
You're up Griff!


AC 19 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 16) | HP 12/12 | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Fort 5, Ref 6, Will 3 | Init 3, Perception 5
Attacks:
Unarmed Strike: Atk +5, Dmg 1d6+5, crit x2, blunt or piercing (because of cestus)

No problem. Griff whispered to Khasos that they should try to catch one alive if possible but I didn't actually specify that I was making a non-lethal attack, so that's my fault. In the future we'll assume the attack is lethal unless I specifically say non-lethal.

Glancing down at the goblin at his feet to make sure it is still breathing, Griff snarls at the last one standing, "Yer next, short stuff!" Realizing it probably doesn't understand his feeble attempt at an insult, he shrugs and circles around so he's on the other side of it from Khasos, then punches savagely at it's oversized head.

I'm attempting to give Khasos a firing lane (move), and then attacking it if it's still alive (standard).

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Magus (Eldritch Scion) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t 14, ff 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Darkness: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: none

For clarification (since I think I'm up next), Khasos and Griff have engaged a separate goblin from the one I've attacked so far?


AC 19 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 16) | HP 12/12 | Martial Flexibility 3/4 | Fort 5, Ref 6, Will 3 | Init 3, Perception 5
Attacks:
Unarmed Strike: Atk +5, Dmg 1d6+5, crit x2, blunt or piercing (because of cestus)

The one you attacked in the surprise round is the only one still standing. We're both engaging it now, so I assume you and I are flanking it and Khasos either has shot at it or is still waiting for an opening.

Dark Archive

Female Tiefling Magus (Eldritch Scion) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t 14, ff 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +5 | Darkvision; Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Eldritch Pool: 4/4 | Darkness: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 1/2 | Active conditions: none

If Nilah is in the way she also edges around towards the back. Hopefully that can be called a 5' step. If Khasos' shot doesn't kill it Nilah will take her full-round attack on it (being the 2nd and last round of her mystic focus whilst her claws are active).


The last remaining goblin regains his senses just in time to duck underneath Griff's meaty fist.

As Nilah deftly steps 5' to the opposite side of the creature, another bolt from Khasos' crossbow whistles through the air, catching the creature in the side of the neck. With a hideous gurgle it falls to the ground.

Griff Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Nilah Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

Nilah and Griff:
You notice that the first goblin Griff struck is still breathing, as are the two fallen guardsmen. One of the guards seems to be bloodier than the other, and his breath comes in long, shallow gasps.

End combat.


Male CG Illuskan Human Oracle of Flame 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC 19 (T12, FF 17) | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+1 | Init +2 | Perception -1, Diplomacy +8, Intimidate +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 2/4 | Volatile Conduit 0/1 | Touch of Flame 6/7

Tyrek rushes up to the front line just in time to see the last goblin fall. He begins scouring about for further threats, oblivious to the state of the fallen guards. He might be oblivious to their presence altogether!

A fire burns in his eyes as he says, "There are never only three goblins. Let's go!"

Tyrek won't go alone, but he'll try to urge the group toward the nearest threat or if there is no obvious danger, toward the fire.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

1 to 50 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Icewind Dale gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2018 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.