Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


GM Nel's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master CRobledo

From the depths of an untamed wilderness, bandits and monsters run rampant across the land. Do you have what it takes to conquer the lands and raise yourself up as King, Emperor and God?


251 to 300 of 2,083 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso will charge the campfire bandits if the spell doesn't work. If it does, he'll head toward C11 and try to take arrow shots at the tower guard, perhaps giving cover to Bingo while he climbs. "Mornaura, I suppose you are right about the fire. I just don't want them shooting at you or Drispeera--you are both undeniably powerful, but, well, so unarmored."

Location is fine


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

In a low voice, as to not alarm the bandits, the witch answers Kaeso.

"Don't worry. Maybe you can get our tower guard to lean out and look down the ladder. If I slumber hex him right then, he might come down to us..."

Looking up to guess the angle of view the lookout might have, Mornaura will scoot over to the ladder as soon as Drispeera casts the sleep spell, press her body against it and ready her slumber hex for the bandit in the tower, should he lean out to look down at her.


New map up as to where everyone is when sleep pops. I'm assuming Drisp is readying an action to fire the sleep spell if Bingo fails his sneak. Last chance and sleep is popping!


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

GM Nel:
If the bandits are asleep when Bingo reaches the fire, CDG 'em.


As the party gets ready to pounce on the bandits, Bingo starts going off on his own on the right side, sneaking up.

Bandit perceptions
1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
tower: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Holy crap...

Bingo gets away with it, and sneaks past!

As soon as he is in position, Diris's spell goes off!

initiatives!:

Kaeso: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Drispeera: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Mornaura: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Bingo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Norn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
BBEG: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Surprise round:
Drispeera (action was to pop sleep)
Norn <--
Mornaura
Kaeso
Bad guys (not acting in surprise round)
Bingo

Drispeera's sleep spell hits the 2 bandits! (DC 18)
Bandit 1 save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Bandit 2 save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

And looks like bandit 2 saves! they were both sitting down, so when one falls asleep, the other one is confused. He says "Bob? Bob are you asleep? Gawd, you are SO lazy!"

Everyone, remember you only get a move or a standard action in surprise round. you had time to prepare, so you can have whatever you want in your hands by when its your turn to act.


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

Norn will not jump in yet, waiting to see what happens with the spellcasters.

Total defense. (+4 AC)


Surprise round:
Drispeera (action was to pop sleep)
Norn
Mornaura <--
Kaeso
Bad guys (not acting in surprise round)
Bingo

Map up


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Seeing that only one of the two bandits at the fireplace have fallen asleep, Mornaura tries to get the other one with her slumber hex to buy some time for her teammates.

Hope they remember what I told them about the short duration...

Slumber hex DC 16.


Bandit save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

and zonk! The other bandit joins his friend in sleepy land.

Surprise round:
Drispeera (action was to pop sleep)
Norn
Mornaura
Kaeso <--
Bad guys (not acting in surprise round)
Bingo


Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso trusts Bingo to take care of the bandits, and hopes he ties good knots. He looks up at the tower and attempts to take a shot at the bandit.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

After the shot, he moves to the base of the tower and attempts to find a way up.


You can start with a climb this round. Move action to climb 1/4 your speed. Just give me a climb check before your next turn.

Bingo, you be up.


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Bingo scurries out of the bushes and runs to the campfire.

GM Nel:
We're still in surprise round, right?

He kneels down by the second bandit to fall asleep and places his hand over the bandit's mouth.


Round 1:
Drispeera <--
Norn
Mornaura
Kaeso
Bad guys
Bingo

GM rolls:

Kressle perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Kressle initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Kressle stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Does Dris have, or can she get, line of sight on the bandit in the tower?

Edit: Sleep is AoE, not line of sight. So Drispeera will cast it again at the top of the tower, trying to avoid party members climbing up.

Then she will move six squares west, heading towards the last bandit.


bandit's save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

the one on the tower is now asleep as well.


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Norn is still delaying?

Since Kaeso is already climbing up the ladder, Mornaura runs over to Bingo to help him with the re-awaking bandit. With a displeased squeak as his perch - the quarterstaff in the witch's hands - is moved so violently, Faron flies up and seeks for a lookout place in one of the trees.

Arriving next to Bingo, Mornaura raises her staff in order to smack it on the thug's head, should he try anything.

"How are we gonna do this? You hold him still while I get out a rope?"

Double move to K7. The staff-thing is just fluff to justify possible AoOs. ;)


Can't pull a weapon while moving before +1BAB, but we will say you had it out ;) Forgot about Norn lol.


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

Norn moves to C10, under the scaffold, and readies a charge to any enemy joining the fight.


Round 1:
Drispeera
Norn
Mornaura
Kaeso <--
Bad guys
Bingo


Male Human Fighter 3

+9 initiative, and I still haven't gotten to move first yet.

I'm going to follow Drispeera. I can only move 20ft, so I hope I can catch up with her. I've got an arrow ready to go, if I catch sight of the last bandit.

I'm feeling pretty useless. With all of these sleep spells, what do they need me for?


Bad guys time

The bandit on the other tower tries to see what is going on: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 and fails to notice anything.

From behind the tree trunk, though, a woman pops out on the left and shoots a dagger at Drispeera!

ATK: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19 which hits Drisp flatfooted.
DMG: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Drispeera is unconscious!

"HAH, boys! I got the caster *****. Now finish these guys off! you should have thought twice before crossing me!

Round 1:
Drispeera
Norn
Mornaura
Kaeso
Bad guys
Bingo <--

Map up, please note I switched the grid down a bit

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

This adventuring thing is so easy. What were my siblings always griping about? We'll be home in time for me to get a mani-- Hurk!


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Seeing Drispeera fall, Bingo cries, "No, no more shall die!" Turning to Mornaura, he says, "If they move, kill them!" then runs to where Drispeera lies.
He should be able to reach her running flat out. He won't be able to do anything but at least he'll be there. If not he'll get as close as he can.

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

I need a stability check, I presume? 1d20 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 2 - 1 = 13
Edit: Phew!


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

@Nel: Right, I just forgot to mention the quarterstaff in the post before my last.
Oh and btw, Norn can't ready a charge (full-round action) :P

Since Mornaura will act on the other end of our battlefield, I'll post now, okay? Not meaning to omit you and Kaeso's readied shot. ;)
Another btw: the bandit right before Mornaura is awake... Great. At least he's prone and unarmed and hopefully can't make an AoO.

"What the...? Bingo! Don't leave me with those thugs! I could've taken care of Dris!"

Estimating her possibilities for half a second, Mornaura decides to let the bandit decide. Getting ready to smite him with the staff, should he dare to move even the slightest, she barks:

"If you move, you're dead."

Great... Just... great... How exactly am I supposed to both keep him in check and tie him up?

Seeing that his mistress is alone with the bandit, Faron takes up again and begins to circle over the two.


Mornaura wrote:
Oh and btw, Norn can't ready a charge (full-round action) :P

Partial charge ;) He's not taking it anyway, to do a full charge now.

Ok, Drisp is stable now. Mornaura, why dont you roll an intimidate before the bandit's turn.


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

Norn charges the woman. Power attack.

ATK: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 26
Confirm: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 19

Uh oh

DMG: 4d4 + 12 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 2) + 12 = 20

-2 AC until next round

edit: dang, forgot to smite.


Round 1:
Drispeera
Norn
Mornaura
Kaeso <--
Bad guys
Bingo


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

Hm, okay... ^^ 1d20 ⇒ 12 Well... 50:50, +- common sense. :P
What did Norn's amazing power crit do to Kressle? Split her in half?


Male Human Fighter 3

"Drispeera! Curse my slowness!"

Using my longbow at Kressle, assuming she hasn't been split in two:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

He switches to hammer and shield and runs toward Kressle.


Mornaura wrote:
What did Norn's amazing power crit do to Kressle? Split her in half?

She is most definitely still up *boggle* 6-player conversion HP :)

The dude at the guard tower takes a pot shot at Norn.

ATK: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 4 = 0

Kressle decides to drop her dagger, and draw out her handaxe, she did not like Norn's face!

ATK 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
DMG 1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
ATK 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Well crap
ATK 2 confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
:(

DMG 2: 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) + 3 = 17

Norn, after having valiantly charged into battle, gets surprised by Kressle. She managers to land her axe right between his neck and shoulder. A big gush of blood comes out, spraying on Kaeso's armor. Norn's Falchion drops on the floor, followed by his body a few seconds later.

Kressle, now sporting a nasty and sadistic grin on her face, faces Kaeso next.

"You will be joinin' yer friend here in no time, little man!

Round 1:
Drispeera
Norn
Mornaura
Kaeso
Bad guys
Bingo <--


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

x3 crit multiplier ftl :(

hot dice go both ways


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Bingo cradles Dris' head in his lap and pours his healing potion down her throat.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

He will then stand up and get ready to circle behind Kressle.


Round 2:
Drispeera <--
Norn
Mornaura
Kaeso
Bad guys
Bingo

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Drispeera wakes up and gives a slight smile to Bingo's overconcerned face. What the he** hit me? Then she notices Norn's dire condition, and ignoring the axe-wielding psycho (for now) pours her own potion down Norn's very open throat.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Edit: Not much help there, except that either way, Norn should be stabilized.


allright, Norn is stable and at -2

Round 2:
Drispeera
Norn
Mornaura <--
Kaeso
Bad guys
Bingo


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

I need to get to my companions...

Hoping for the best, the witch takes one hand off her staff to draw her sickle. Focusing on the bandit in front of her, she lets the staff drop by her side.

"Don't worry, keep on cooperating and you'll live."

Now that she can keep the bandit in check with the greenish stained, curved blade in her left hand, her right hand is free to cast a spell. Mornaura decides for the only offensive option she has right now, lets the arcane energy flow through her body and forms them into a Frostbite. As the blue-white cold mist forms around her hand, she tries to reach down and hit the bandit with it.

Melee touch attack: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Frostbite: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 nonlethal damage + fatigued.
Great.


Mornaura manages to touch the bandit, who shivers from the intense cold. He seems morose and fatigued now.

no save for fatigue?

Round 2:
Drispeera
Norn
Mornaura
Kaeso <--
Bad guys
Bingo


Male Human Fighter 3

Erastil, I don't pray much, but Norn here could sure use your help. Or any other friendly gods and goddesses.

He closes the distance to Kressle and tries to knock her head off with his hammer.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Damn. I think the dice gods want us to die.


The bandit next to Mornaura has kind of given up hope, and looks with frightened eyes towards Mornaura.

Kressle, now licking her lips a bit, steps up to her next target - Kaeso.

ATK 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
ATK 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Both attacks miss!

"Psh, I'll have your head off soon enough." says Kressle

The other bandit on the tower takes another shot at Kaeso:

ATK 1: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 4 = 5

He shoots wide again.

Round 2:
Drispeera
Norn
Mornaura
Kaeso
Bad guys
Bingo <--


Male Halfling Rogue 4 HP : 34/34

Looking at the map, I'm don't think Bingo can make it to a position where he can attack Kressle this round, so he will move to flank.

Bingo hurries to where he can menace Kressle from the rear. Square A13


Bingo Underbough wrote:
Bingo hurries to where he can menace Kressle from the rear. Square A13

fyi you dont have a weapon out yet. unless you own a spiked gauntlet (best 5g evar)

Round 3:
Drispeera <--
Norn
Mornaura
Kaeso
Bad guys
Bingo

Grand Lodge

HP 18/18 | AC 16/20 (T 15, FF 12) | CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +6 Elf Sorcerer 4

Drispeera has an additional +2hp from Bingo's potion for Fey Foundling.

Drispeera sings out to the woman as she ministers to Norn Oh, will you just shut up, you pathetic psycho? You're going to die, rolling in your own filth, begging for your life, just like your scummy boyfriend. Then she turns to Norn as if she has already forgotten her and pours a healing draught down Norn's throat.

(Edited): I thought the action was "handwaved" last time, but since we're backtracking, can I roll again?

Just in case: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Female Half-Elf Witch 4 — HP: 27/27

I think the 'move action to get out the potion' plus 'full-round to pour' was handwaved into one full-round, but Dris had to get up (move) and over to to Norn (second move). Right?
So... Norn is back up?

Reaching to her backpack with one hand, Mornaura grabs the rope that was fixed to it and drops it on the bandit. Ever vigilant to strike him with her sickle, she tries to put as much kindness in her voice as she can.

"Please tie yourself up, then I'll make sure you survive this."


Male Human Fighter 3

Kaeso takes another swing.

ATK 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
DMG 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Festering piles of sewage!


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

I'm up but delaying, as getting up provokes.


The guy on the tower, tired of missing, jumps down from the tower!

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

and lands on his face! damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Kressle, licking the blood on the axe that cut down Norn, takes a 5' step back, pulls out a potion from her belt, and drinks it.

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 2) + 3 = 11 points healed

"AAAhhh, that's the stuff! Reday for the grand finale, little man?"

Round 3:
Drispeera
Mornaura
Kaeso
Bad guys
Bingo <--

On delay:
Norn


M Human Paladin 3 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +8 W +7 | Init +4 | Perc +1

I'm coming in. Move action get up, standard (move) action grab falchion.

"Erastil, grant me strength to conquer this foe! She is an evil-doer on your grand forests! Kressle! Old Deadeye will not be kind to you this day." Swift to smite her.

5' step back.

I hope Lady Drisp doesn't think I'm retreating. I need some space to furiously charge this woman as soon as I catch my breath.


Round 3:
Drispeera
Mornaura
Kaeso
Bad guys
Norn
Bingo <--

On delay:


Hermia:
You are in Restov, and the sword lords have recently commissioned you with a charter to explore the Greenbelt, and kill bandits there. They do not want you to do the trip alone, so they have recruited another cleric of Erastil and one soldier to do the trip with you. Your destination is Oleg's Trading post, at the southern edge of Brevoy's influence.

251 to 300 of 2,083 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Skull's Kingmaker Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.