Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Dm Mathpro's Crypt of the Everflame Game

Game Master mathpro18


1 to 50 of 1,193 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

If you didn't happen to see the section in the recruitment thread on the background of the adventure please read the below spoiler. Each of you also have individual spoilers to read and respond to as you wish

ADVENTURE BACKGROUND::

Ekat Kassen was a crusader and fortune seeker who came to serve Lastwall in the year 4515 AR. While he fought with distinction, he soon realized that he wanted more from life and left the Lastwall military to find his fortune elsewhere. His travels took him all over the region around Lake Encarthan, and he decided to settle down in 4522 after a very profitable adventure. Using a sizable portion of his fortune, he set out to tame a small area of the Fangwood on the banks of the Tourondel River, making it a natural stopover for those traveling up and down the river to Skelt. For the next 10 years, the town, which was then known as Kassen’s Hold, grew and prospered.
All that changed when Asar Vergas came to Kassen’s Hold with a host of mercenaries under his command. Asar was an old companion of Ekat, and the two had traveled together for some time before splitting up just after Ekat’s last adventure. Over the years, Asar became sure that Ekat had cheated him after that adventure. Promising great wealth to his mercenaries, Asar raided the town relentlessly for 2 months. Finally, the townsfolk managed to locate Asar’s camp in an ancient crypt deep in the forest, and Ekat himself went out to deal with his old companion.
The battle was terribly bloody, with only a few townsfolk coming back to tell the tale. In the end, Asar was slain and his mercenaries scattered, but Ekat suffered a mortal wound. He died 2 days later, on the 11th day of Neth, 4535. In honor of their beloved founder, the townsfolk buried Kassen in the ancient crypt, interring his bones in a place of honor, above the simple sarcophagi used to inter Asar, his mercenaries, and the townsfolk that lost their lives in the bitter struggle. They placed an eternal flame above Kassen’s final resting place, so that all who visited might find warmth in the wilderness.
Over the years, the Crypt of the Everflame has become an important part of the history of the town, now simply called Kassen. The townsfolk view the crypt as a memorial to those difficult first years of the town’s history. Every autumn, a few of the townsfolk make a pilgrimage to the crypt to light a lantern from the flame and bring it back to town, where it is preserved all winter, a symbol of the town’s resilience. Most years, the town mayor and a group of dignitaries perform this quest. Every few years, however, a handful of younger townsfolk are given the honor of lighting the lantern. Many see this as a passage into adulthood, a taste of adventure before settling down to work and marriage. The quest starts out as a solemn ceremony in town, where the townsfolk gather to wish the adventurers luck, just as it was when Kassen himself left to fight the mercenaries. When the adventurers return a few days later, the town holds a great celebration in their honor. This also marks the final harvest celebration before the long winter.

Xeros:

The morning starts as any morning normally would. You are out back working on your target practice. This range is become incredibly easy for you now and your able to hit most targets with out much challenge. After you've been shooting for about fifteen minutes Arnama approaches you. She watches you shoot off a few final shots and then smiles broadly and claps.

You have learned well my student and this makes me proud. I have a task for you to undergo. As you know it is the time of year that the quest for the everflame takes place. It has been three years since the the elders of the town, my self included, felt that there were a group of young men strong enough to undertake this task.

She pauses as she approaches your character and puts a hand on your shoulder

You are now ready. You have been selected as one of six that will be leaving today on the quest for the everflame. I have come to say my goodbyes.

She looks around to make sure no one else is looking and then hugs your character quickly at first and then once more firmly holding on to you. She releases a moment later, her face flushing bright red that she lost control like that.

Go gather in the square and make me proud as you head out on this journey. When you return you will not be welcome back here as you have now learned everything I have to teach.

She turns away from you and waits for you to walk away.

Fealix:

You are summoned to the office of the mayor. You don't find anything odd about this seeing how this isn't the first time you have been summoned by him but it is a bit odd because this time he isn't doing it to yell at you for what ever evil act you had just committed. When you arrive you are ushered right in. Mayor Uptal is standing behind his desk, his hands folded behind his desk. He seems to smile as you walk in.

Reluctantly I have selected you as part of the group of young men that I will be sending out this afternoon to gather the everflame from the crypt of our towns hero. I need not remind you of what this means to the people of this town and I'm sure there will be more than a few who will be unhappy to see the trust I am putting in you with this task. I feel that you are ready and that the responsibility this quest requires will do you some good. Do NOT disappoint me. Meet in the square in half an hour and I will give you and the others further instructions.

With that you are dismissed.

Rune Walsh:

Rune you have been asked to meet at the tower a little early this morning. When you arrive Holgast is waiting for you, his ever familiar pipe smoking away in the corner of his mouth.

Oh good your hear boy. It has been decided by the powers that be that you are ready to undergo a final test of your arcane powers. I'm sure you know the story of the towns founder and name sake and that its a tradition to send out young men to bring back the flame from that mans crypt. Well you have been chosen as one of the six young men that will be undertaking this task this year. Go gather in the town square with the other miscreants that the mayor feels can be trusted with this task and make me proud boy, so that I know my training you hasn't been just an utter inconvenience and an unnecessary interruption of my sweet sleeping time.

With that he turns and walks back into the tower, you assume to sleep.

Andwell Tactfoot:

You were told by Jimes to meet at the tavern at about eleven in the morning and when you arrive you find Jimes up in his room, passed out on the floor from the...activities of the night before. Once you awaken him he groggily gets to his feet.

Huh...what are you...ohh right. The Mayor wants you to go on the quest for the everflame. I figure I've taught you enough that your not going to die by undertaking such a quest so I agreed. You leave this afternoon. The mayor wants you to gather in the town square. He wants the whole town there but I think I'm going to stay back...need to sleep off last nights adventures.

With that he quickly turns and heads to bed, laying down with his back to you.

Neculai Dumitru:

Jocyn told you to meet him in his room inside the tavern at about 11:15 in the morning. When you arrive you hear the standard noise coming from his room and you knock on the door. It takes a minute but he comes to the door and smiles warmly at you.

Ah Neculai come in come in. I have some news for you

He stands aside letting you into the room and then closes the door behind you.

I have summoned you here because I have an assignment for you. I want you to go out and experience your own adventure. The mayor is starting up the ritual of the quest for the everflame again and we both feel that you are ready to undergo this task. You will travel to the crypt of the everflame, gather the fire of the everflame, and bring it back to Kassin. Then I want you to write a song about your journey. I've cleared your schedule for the next week so that you have time to make this journey. You leave this afternoon but before you go the Mayor wants you to gather in the town square. Head there now and I will be along shortly.

With that you are dismissed.


Male Human Bard 2

Jocyn:

"Very well, sir. This opportunity is greatly appreciated, and I won't let you down." As Neculai leaves, his face is practically radiant, with the joy and honor he feels. Once he gets cleaned up and changes into some more colorful clothing, he goes to the Town Square.[/b]


Male Aasimar Oracle(Planar and Possessed) lvl 1 Barbarian(Urban) lvl 1 Total lvl 2

Mayor:

Fealix smiles maliciously and bows."I always aim to serve our humble home sir. Have I yet to disappoint you sir?" Fealix looks off in the distance as though he is listening to someone. "I believe your right." He looks back at the mayor. "Thank you again for yet another opportunity to prove myself this good town"

Fellow Players:

You would know Fealix as a town mystery. He would be most know for giving his family inheritance to the local orphanage after his wealthy parents died in a fire. Otherwise you don't know too much.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

Arnama:
Shocked at his mentor's sudden embrace he smiles and hugs her back. "Do you think they're... I mean am I ready to do one of the towns most sacred quests?" He looks away from his mentor when he asks that question, as he makes eye contact with her Xeros doubts seem to fade away, "Nevermind that question I know the answer, I know I am ready for those cause of your faith in me. Thank you Arnama for all you have done for me I will make you proud." He gives her a smile and hoists his backpack up, making his way to the town wondering who else will partake in this noble quest with him.

What no masterwork bow this time? I'm hurt =( just kidding hehe.:P


Holgast:

Rune's eyes narrowed slightly at the insulting behaviour of his master however no other motion gave away the irritation he felt at this old man who took everything and taught little. He simply bowed his head and responded "Yes Master Holgast." As the old sage turned and walked away back into his tower to engage in his slothful activities Rune left to meet with the mayor in the town square. Upon entering he took his measure of the other five that would be accompanying him, his eyes quickly assessing each however he withheld personal judgement until such opportunity as for them to prove their worth to him. He remained silent turning to face the mayor, inwardly he was excited at finally having the chance to prove himself and the skills he had attained.


Male Halfling Rogue; 2

Andwell tucks Jimes into bed, making sure he has everything he needs. He then eagerly packs his own gear into his pack, making sure to take his "tools of the trade", then heads off to the town square to see what the day brings.


TARVIND DARVELLE:

You have been training under Sir Dramott since your...falling out with Father Rantal Prasst(cleric mentor). A few days before this adventure starts he set off on a mission to the crypt and hasn't returned. You generally didn't think much of it at first but he should have been back by now. Starting to grow worried you sought out the Mayor for more information about what has happened and you find out that some of the other elders of the town have also gone missing. The Mayor then asks for you to assist in the quest for the Everflame and to investigate what possibly went wrong on their mission. He asks that you don't mention any of this to the others, not wanting to scare them.

Sir Dramott:

The people of Lastwall, the militaristic nation to the north, take it as their responsibility to keep the orcs of Belkzen in check. Unfortunately, their forces are spread thin, so they rely on a number of scouts close to the border of Belkzen to keep watch. Sir Dramott is one such scout. Although he has no authority here in town, he regularly
reports to his commanders in Lastwall, informing them of any orc activity. Mayor Uptal is grateful for Sir Dramott’s assistance whenever trouble is brewing, but he is concerned about a military officer from a foreign land stationed in his town. The people of Kassen respect Sir Dramott, but they would rather he go home and leave them to their own devices. As a mentor, Sir Dramott is capable and wise, if a bit harsh. Unfortunately, all of his lessons deal with service to Lastwall, and his pupils are taught to think of such service as a high honor.

Okay now on with the game. Oh if anyone is curious on when this adventure takes place it starts on the 11th day of Neth, 4711

As you wait for the mayor to gather with further instructions the bells atop the Temple of Erastil toll their midday song. As the rings begin to fade, the first of the townsfolk make their way into the square, dressed in black, as if attending a funeral. They slowly fill the square, moving quietly across the cold, hard ground, their eyes downcast and mournful, a few even seem to be crying. After a few moments, a murmur passes through the crowd as it slowly parts to let Mayor Uptal through. He leads the way with a tarnished silver lantern. Behind him, an old pony drags a cart laden with backpacks and supplies. Once he reaches the center of the crowd, Mayor Uptal stops and calls out to the assembled townsfolk.

“Once again the winter winds blow through the Fangwood, marking the end of another harvest. There are wolves in the woods, howling at our walls, and serpents in our shadows, waiting to strike. Just as it was one hundred and seventy-six years ago, when Kassen himself left these walls to protect us, so it is today. Where are the heroes? Where are the brave folk that will venture out to Kassen’s tomb and retrieve the flame to keep this community safe for another winter?”


Male Halfling Rogue; 2

Andwell tentatively steps forward.
Uhhhhmmmm. Mayor. I was informed you asked for me to gather here to quest for the everflame. Here I am, sir.


Rune steps in slightly, looking at the mayor, beside the halfling however saying nothing he simply waits for the other four to join them. His hand grinds itself on his quarterstaff slightly in annoyance as ceremony tends to droll on, his excitement to begin the journey barely contained within him.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

A confident young woman steps from the crowd, dressed in well kept and polished armor. Her dark face and short black hair in sharp contrast to the gleaming steel encasing her, she smiles easily at the Mayor. On her shield the sign of the sun rising with its rays reaching out to the edge of the shining metal. From her belt a longsword hangs in its scabbard, the pommel etched as the sun, above a well worn red leather grip. A white cloth shirt covers her breast plate and over the tops of her legs, it shows the picture of an angel, her wings open and the sun acting as a halo around her head.

The girl bows her head to the Mayor, "I am here to take my place." she says gravely as the smile disappears from face. "I will do my duty to Kassen and its heritage." She turns to look at the halfling behind her, raising her eyebrows and letting a silent sigh part from her lips.


Male Halfling Rogue; 2

I guessing I would know Tarvinda, or at least know of her as I work in the Tavern and interact with such a large part of the community.

The widest of wide Halfling grins on his face, Andwell says;
Mistress Darvelle, you look most resplendent today, as always. I'm confident your beauty off the battlefield can only be matched by your skills in action.


Male Human Bard 2

Neculai enters at this point. "Hey guys, I made it. Couldn't find the socks I wanted, but these'll do, I suppose." He lifts his pant leg, displaying a veritable ankle-rainbow. "So is this everyone?"

Boy, this is gonna make one sweet, sweet song.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Her confidence almost deflated by the sight of Andwell, she gathers her composure again, smiles a fake smile, "Why Master Tactfoot, I didn't know you were invited to join this somber ritual. You know, its not just a fun filled day of play and excitement, we have a serious ceremony to perform. And I thank you for your kind words, it is my duty not to let anyone in Kassen down, including even you." Her eyes take on a steely glare, he face hardens as she looks straight at Andwell.

As she rises she caps a look at another young man, showing his socks to the world, her hand clasps her brow as it furrows. Neculai as well, oh I hope I'm not here as the baby sitter, I hope they can all do something useful. Her hand reaches up, resting on the picture of Sarenrae that adorns her clothing, "It is for your glory and that of our brothers and sisters of Kassen." she prays under a hushed breath.

I guess Neculai is also know from the tavern. Kernsten is known in the tavern not so much for drinking and having fun, as much as for pulling drunks away from getting hurt in fights. Despite her easy going ways, she always seems in control, keeping all in order and disciplined.


Male Aasimar Oracle(Planar and Possessed) lvl 1 Barbarian(Urban) lvl 1 Total lvl 2

The "Voice" Spoilers are there for story fun. Read them if you'd like just don't act on them. only Fealix can hear them. And anyone who can read minds too.

"I will go. For the <pause looks around> sake of our fair town." The noble sounding voice come from the mysterious recluse Fealix. Know as a friendly and generous sort. He stands about 6 feet tall, his skin and hair are both red and his eyes pure white. He is also very attractive, physically fit and a real pretty boy. He walks forward with an elegant stride. "I have come to deliver the Everflame." He says with a somewhat disturbing smiles.

Voice:

Quite the procession we have here. This town has really come to trust you. Too bad they aren't aware of your REAL handy work.

"To do more "good deeds" I need to keep it quiet lest I be discovered. I don't want to, "ruin" my comfortable living just to gloat and show off my work. Humility is a powerful ally when you don't want unnecessary attention. You of all people should know that."
Voice:

Indeed you are right. Discretion allows one to keep habits and to go about their lives without problems.

"Exactly, now lets see what we have. Hmm." Fealix will now gauge each of you talking to himself. He chuckles at the site of Andwell. "A halfling. Interesting. I remember the last halfling I knew. He was so much fun to be around....while it lasted that is."
Voice:

Before he tricked you and you dealt with it that is right? Or after?

"After. I will always remember the look on his face. Priceless." Fealix looks to the wizard. "A wizard? Nothing special there."/[b] His eyes then spy the Paladin. [b]"Hello, who is that lovely young thing? She looks like a paladin. How nice." A wide grin appears on Fealix's face. "Excellent."
Voice:

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

"Hard not to considering your in my head and we share thoughts. But yes, I like her and this should be a very interesting trip with her along." Fealix turns his gaze to the late man with the colorful socks. "Strange fellow. Wonder what his profession is? Very intriguing."
Voice:

Can't wait to see how he pans out. Should be interesting.

"Yes, now that appraisal is over it is time for introductions."

Fealix moves to approach the group. He bows deeply to all of you. "Greetings. My name is Fealix. I am Formally Fealix Devalia of the wealthy Devalias. However, since my family died in a fire and I gave away all my inheritance, you all can simply call me Fealix. It is truly a pleasure." He rises from his bow and smiles charmingly.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

As the Mayor calls out for the heroes to come out Xeros hesitates and lets the others go before him. He recognizes the Halfling and the human from his late night visits to the bar. As the paladin makes her way down he gives a light sigh followed by hope she’s doesn’t think like most of the people in this town. Xeros shrugs and started to say I do, when a familiar voice was heard and he saw his good friend Fealix go up, and then he overheard his remarks to the others and let out another *sigh*

Can’t wait any longer, you gotta go up there.

From the crowd a gray cloaked figure shouts out, ”I WILL GO AS WELL.” The hooded figure moves with quiet purpose as he walks by each of the other heroes, a smell of brimstone wafts into there noses. The figure stops next to Fealix and removes his hood, exposing his face that is covered by a stylish array of burn marks forming a demonic symbol and with two little horn’s peeking out his long black hair. He nods to the group, ”My name is Xeros, I am the last companion of this quest.” Xeros then turns to Fealix and pats his on the shoulder, ”I am grateful I will be going on this quest with you my friend. It’s been far too long.” He gives a smile and moves to face the crowd’s reaction to him being on this noble quest.


Male Aasimar Oracle(Planar and Possessed) lvl 1 Barbarian(Urban) lvl 1 Total lvl 2

Fealix spreads his arms wide. "Xeros it is so good to see you." Fealix embraces his old friend.

Voice:

Oh no not him. Great the oximoronic pair is together again. Stupid goody toe shoes. He brings out the good in you all the time.

Fealix looks skyward. "No he doesn't." Suddenly Fealix pauses and puts a smile on his face. "So how have you been all these years. I haven't seen you since I was adopted. Did you ever get adopted?" Fealix's eyes narrow and his voice goes cold. "Did anyone bully you after I was gone?"
Voice:

Gods please say yes they did. Please!


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Tarvinda takes a step back as Fealix and Xeros introduce themselves to complete the band of brothers to take part in the ceremonial quest. She nods in their direction, "To those who don't know me, I am Tarvinda Darvelle, servant and protector to the temple, a bastion of right against Orcish incursions into our beloved lands. A friend to those who fight for right." she says proudly, as she ceremoniously unsheathes her sword and holds it high in the air, its tip pointing heavenwards.

She turns back to the group gathered around the Mayor, before looking at the mayor with a little indignation and hostility, Am I to look after this group of misfits and keep them safe? Is that why you invited me Mayor, or is this misadventure some sort of joke on us all. despite her thoughts, she continues with her noble speech, "I greet you fellow pilgrims to the Everflame, I look forward to our journey together."


"Nice to meet you all." He finally sounds out as if the words are unfamiliar, he looks at each of his companions, his face unreadable, he nods to each politely but says little as he is the outsider here. Spending little time in the company of others aside from his 'master'. He shuffles his position slightly to avoid the loud boisterous ones as much as he can. Instead turning to the mayor he waits patiently ignoring the heroic speeches and comraderie of his companions.

The sudden thought to cast a sleep spell within the center of his companions brings an unbiden half smile to his mysterious face. However as self-important as he is he wouldn't cause harm even if only mischevious harm rather then damaging to 'friends'.


As each of you step forward there are a few people who protest your involvement in this quest. Xeros you over hear a comment about your tainted blood and that someone of your race shouldn't be trusted. Fealix your to busy talking to your self to over hear the multiple comments about how you might be crazy because you talk to your self. Andwell you're short stature is targeted by your critics and someone even goes as far as to call you 'nothing more than a common thief that should be locked up.' Neculai you over hear some people question your usefullness because they know you as 'that musician from the bar'. Rune your abilities as a wizard are questioned by a few because of the apathy your mentor took towards teaching you. And lastly Tarvinda your targeted because of your gender. Many feel that a woman has no place embarking on this journey.

With the introductions to each other complete(and my racest/sexist comments out of the way...for now) the Mayor looks around and frowns a little. I see you all have backpacks...then my gifts will be a little less meaningful. Still the supplies inside will still assist you on your journey. He whistles and one of his guards moves forward on a great white steed. Attached the horse is a rickety old wagon. Inside lays 6 backpacks. The man dismounts his horse and gets the packs out of the wagon, laying one at the feet of everyone in the party. Search the contents of those bags and you should find everything you need for this journey. Lady Darvelle since I know you can be trusted with such a task, I ask that you will be the one to carry the everflame back to Kassin. Please make sure that once captured nothing extinguishes its flame. He snaps his fingers and the man from before hands Tarvinda a lantern that will hold the flame. The Mayor then turns to address the crowed.

I present to you the brave heroes who will follow in Kassen's footsteps to retrieve the Everflame! Some of them may not return, but I say to you that their sacrifice shall not be forgotten or be made in vein. He then turns to the group to address them one final time. Go, brave heroes, and make great names for your self in these lands. Be sure to not return until you have retrieved the eternal flame. A few similar murmurs to the ones mentioned above are heard as the crowed disperses and the Mayor leaves. The townsfolk begin
waving goodbye with cold, solemn looks on most of their faces and again some appear to be crying. They slowly start filing out of the town square and noted amongst the crowed are most of your mentors, dressed in black. The only two that are missing are Jimes and Holgast.

Amongst the backpacks you will find the following gear:

30 days worth of rations
6 small tents
6 winter blankets
6 full waterskins
6 pieces of the Trail Map
50 feet of hempen rope
a box containing tinder and three tindertwigs
a labeled potion of cure light wounds
three torches
a grappling hook
a small bottle of local brandy.

I would suggest trying to piece together the map before you head out. Otherwise you are free to do as you wish.


Male Halfling Rogue; 2

As Andwell shows his section of the map to the others, he muses quietly
Thirty days rations. Each. How long to they expect this trial to last anyway. And how can the mayor be worried about an Everflame being extinguished. Does it not burn forever? We just swipe it and get back, right?


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

With a deal of solemnity, Tarvinda bows her head to the Mayor, "I will do as you wish, Sir. I will guard the Everflame with my life, we shall return with it as our custom in celebration of Kassen." She hears some of the whispers from the crowd and her eyelids slowly lower, she concentrates and listens, realizing the error of her ways. NO, I should not be judging these companions so, for you can't tell the quality or usefulness from the books cover, it's the quality of what's inside that determines its worth. Forgive me my rash thoughts, Sarenrae. My Lady let me show my townsfolk the error of their thinking and show that the I may be strong, disciplined and determined, just as you. Protect us all on this quest, for it seems this will not just be ceremonial, but more besides.

She surveys the equipment left on the cart, "Can anyone make themselves useful and piece this map together, so we know where we're going." She herself expects others to have more abilities than her and be able to work through problems and puzzles like this. "Once we have it complete, we should write on the backs of the map, which portion it is and how it goes together with the rest of the maps. The rest looks useful to keep us going on this journey." Smiling she says to the others, "Don't worry what the people said, they are just jealous of you all for being chosen for this. Let's prove them all wrong and return with the Everflame, just as in previous years."


Male Human Bard 2

"I'll take a shot at putting that map together."

I don't know if there are any rolls involved, but I'm gonna try and put it together.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

He gives his long time friend a hug back, as Fealix asks about him being adopeted he looks a little distant. "I was ,but it didn't work out. But later I found a good home with my mentor so it worked out." He says as he moves away from his friend, then after hee is asked about the bullying Xeros holds up his hands and give him a smile, [b]"Nothing to bad, just the normal ignorant people focusing on my looks." He gives a force chuckle, then goes back to a solemn look. [b]"I heard about the fire my friend, I am sorry for your families loss. But lets not start our journey on a somber note and celebrate the reunion of old friends."

As the mayor finishes his little speech, Xeros tries his best to ignore the comments but they always test his paitence. He responds to Tarvinda, "Glad to meet you." Then to Andwell comments, "Hopefully we can get it done like that ,but if it doesn't will be thankful for all that extra food. Especially after you see how much Fealix eats." He gives them a wink. He will try to help Neculai figure out the map.

I believe it is a knowledge(geography) or Int check ]
Int check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Aasimar Oracle(Planar and Possessed) lvl 1 Barbarian(Urban) lvl 1 Total lvl 2

Fealix listens to Tarvinda explain her inspiration for goodness.

Voice:

Oh GODS! Would you listen to that dumb@$$! Can you believe this crazy paladin. Doing what's right for Kessen. As if this town has ever done anything right on it's own. What ever. And then there is that goody two shoes half demon friend of yours. Where did he go wrong in life to come up with such views.

"Would you shut up. I can't concentrate with you prattling on like that." Fealix says out to the sky.
Voice:

I am so sorry for interupting your train of thought. I thought is was my job to give you ideas not yours.

Fealix looks puzzled. "My? Oh right my parents. Yeah bet it wouldn't surprise you to know I didn't shed a tear or hesitate to give away everything they owned. The brats at the orphanage you and I grew up in are a lot happier now that's for sure."

Fealix notices the others are most likely staring at him. He immediately composes himself. "I'm nobody special but Xeros here is a great man...."

Voice:

No he isn't

"....and has done much for me...
Voice:

No he hasn't

"....will be of great help too us..."
Voice:

NO HE WONT!

"WOULD YOU SHUT...UP!!!" Fealix shouts. He shakes his head violently again. "Okay, hopefully I will have no more interruptions." Fealix reaches into his pack and pulls out his paper. "Here I have a piece of the map as well. It looks as though it will take all six of us to find this place."


Allowing the woman to take charge as he had little desire to be a leader of the group he nodded simply and walked over to the others devoting himself to putting the map together.

Int Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"Do not worry we shall return victorious, our success will shut those doddering fools up and their ramblings and nonsense." He was surprised at the vehemance in his own voice and quickly shut up as he hated those rare moments when his own iron control over himself.


By working together Rune, Xeros and Neculai are able to get the map put together and figured out. You then label all the parts so you know how it goes back together. From the map it looks like you need to head south west away from Kassen and into the heavily treed south fang woods.

With the map done I want to see who is taking what supplies so I know that everything is taken. The rations equate to about 5 days worth of rations per person. You can feel free to store everything in your backpacks and leave the ones provided by the Mayor here. Discuss amongst your selves how you want to distribute the rations and other goods.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

"You are too kind my friend, and Fealix is a good man himself. Selfless and very protective of those he calls friends." He smiles and looks down at the map, "Our first success, at least we know where we are going and I believe Cayden himself inspired the mayor's ideas for supplies cause he left us some nice brandy. Do you mind if I hold on to that?" As he looks through the rest of the supplies, after that he takes 5 rations, a waterskin, and a winter blanket. Then waits to see what the rest take.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Any rations left on the ground by the time she gets there, Tavinda separates into equal piles for each member of the party, taking one pile herself. She waits hovering over the pile of items like a teacher at kindergarten watching the children picking up their possessions equally, she coughs loudly if someone takes anything too much. "Such generosity from the Mayor, to help us in this way for the journey." She herself adds to her backpack, 5 days rations, a tent, a winter blanket, a waterskin which she empties of liquid. She pointedly says Now Master Andwell, take only what is yours, there is plenty for everyone. His reputation for collecting things proceeds him. thinks the strong woman.

Tarvinda will take any of the following, if not picked up by another character:
50 feet of hempen rope
a box containing tinder and three tindertwigs
a labeled potion of cure light wounds
three torches
a grappling hook


Male Halfling Rogue; 2

Andwell is most interested in retrieving the exact contents of his personal bag. He gingerly places each item back in the exact way they were presented. He'll then place the contents of his own backpack in there and use the new one. Any unclaimed items (if any) he'll grab up for "safe keeping".

Perhaps a quick sketch of the map before we leave. Two copies on two different persons may be a good idea incase one get's lost or damaged.

Not having any parchment or ink on him, he'll briefly wait to see if someone else offers to draw the copy. Otherwise he suggest a quick jaunt to the nearest provisions house to get the supplies.


Just an fyi Xeros you also have a small tent you can take. I should also let people know I'm not real strict about encumbrance but don't take advantage of my generosity.


Rune looked over the gathered supplies taking his allotment of rations, bedroll, tent, waterskin, winterblanket. Looking up at the others he says simply. "If none have any objections I will keep the potion safe." He looks around ignoring the halfling only to the point of not speaking to him. Any attempt at fingers coming into his posessions wouldn't be taken kindly.

Starting to add his new possessions to his backpack he shrugs slightly at the weight it doesn't add significantly to what he already carries and is still fairly comfortable for travelling.

"I think one of the larger of the party should carry the rest" He says trying to avoid using the word packmule.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

"We don't have to take everything, the most important will be the rations, then the waterskins, and finally the winter blankets. I know most of you dwell within the buildings, so you don't know how much the night air in the forest may bite you in your sleep." He gives them a smile, then he whispers to Tarvinda "Let the halfling take all he wishes we can always split it up later when he complains." He gives her a wink. Then moves back thinking that might react different cause of his features.

Looking to Fealix he whispers, "What do you think of our group? And before I forget to tell you, I am proud of you for helping out the orphanage that did so much for us. Many would be corrupted by such wealth but you gave it all away so others can find families and build friendships like ours."


Male Human Bard 2

I don't know about you guys, but I'm definitely bringing a tent. The night ground is cold and hard, and the wind biting. Between the tent and the blanket, that should be enough.

Neculai takes a tent, a blanket, and his allotment of food/water.


Male Aasimar Oracle(Planar and Possessed) lvl 1 Barbarian(Urban) lvl 1 Total lvl 2

Fealix looks at the stuff and growls. "I hate camping."

Voice:

Why? You do it all the time?

"Have I ever once said I like it?"
Voice:

.........
"Yeah that's what I thought. Okay I am taking a tent and a blanket and one of those waterskins. I have enough rations for me."
[spoiler=Voice]
What about for me? What do I get?

"I'll give you a piece of my mind if you don't stop nagging me"
Voice:

I already have a piece of your mind and it is quite comfortable.

"Then quite talking so much. It's annoying." Fealix doesn't seem to notice if the others are staring at him until now. He clears his throat. "Sorry, Talking with myself is a bad habit I developed at a young age. My father was abusive and I had no friends so I took to talking to myself for companionship. Never quite got over that."

Bluff1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Successful Sense motive:

There is more to the story that Fealix is not telling.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Tarvinda smiles at Xeros, "Well he does seem to have taken most of the things, but do you think we'll ever see them again?" she says to the strange man next to her. She looks almost pityingly at him, a warmth of compassion for his tale. Tarinda gives a stern look to Andwell, "Remember to find these things if we need the Master Tactfoot."

However her attention is again taken by the strange man, the orphan, the one who speaks to himself. She feels a great deal of empathy towards the man. She goes up to him and puts her arm around his shoulder, "Now Fealix, don't be so hard on yourself. You have been badly mistreated in your youth, now you are among friends. Please don't feel so bad about talking to yourself, if it helps to ease the pain." She takes out a white handkerchief and wets it in the water from a waterskin, before dabbing the damp cloth on Felaix's head. Speaking as if to a small child, Tarvinda continues, "There, there...you'll be fine, there's no need to talk to yourself when you've got friends around to talk to. Just try .... I'm sure you'll find it better than talking on your own."

Sense Motive for Fealix 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

I so want to cast Silence on you Fealix ... LOL .. ;)


Andwell if you look around you will see that most of the shops are closed today due to the "sadness" of your departure from town. Thankfully there is one shop that remains open and the shop keeper, a fellow halfling, will gladly give you parchement, some ink, and a quill for the low low price of 8 gold. That is unless someone else has parchement and a pen they'd be willing to donate to the cause.

Travinda, unfortunatly they seem to be using you as some sort of pack animal since it looks like your going to be left carrying the hemp rope, tinder and tinderwigs, 3 torches, and a grappling hook.


Rune looked around at his companions curiously. "Well are we ready to set out on this mission?" He was eager to get started as only moving forward got someone ahead. He sighed slightly to himself looking around at the crowd that was dispersing.

"I don't know about the rest of you but I am ready to go."


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

"Yes, let us be on our way. I will take point if that is okay with the rest of you?" Xeros asks the group as he pulls out his bow to string it up just in case.

Math and Fealix:
Is the town having a food shortage? Cause where was the guy throwing to the tomato hehe jk ;p


Male Human Bard 2

"Nope, that's fine with me. Anybody mind if I sing?"

Song to come.Edit: Song is here.

Perform: Sing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"Sing a song
Yes, a travel song,
when you gotta go somewhere.
‘Cause the fun is getting there,
Yeah. Oh what the heck, I must confess
I love a road trip!

Sing a song
Hit the trail
Forget the maps. Forget the guides.
Before you know it, you’ve made strides with me.

And I know – all I need – all along
is a path – and pal – and a song.
So I’m singin’
and I’m pallin’ with you."


A completed version of the map can be found by clicking on the link below. If you can't view it let me know and I'll try to adjust my settings.

MAP

With that song you all head out of town. You travel south west from town and enter the southern fangwood forest. Normally dense with leaves these trees now stand mostly bare, their former cover crunching loudly under foot. A cool breeze blows from the north. Though you have all been in Kassen for quite some time very few of you have ever set foot in this dense forest before.

I'm giving you a little chance for some role play before we get on with the story


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

"Intresting its in serpents gorge, never been there ,but heard a few stories about it. I wonder if their true." He puts his hand on his chin as he pretends to ponder and gives the group a grin. "I guess we'll find out." As he says that he gives a soft chuckle and looks to the sky.

Rolling survival to see what I can guess about the weather coming up. Survival:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Aasimar Oracle(Planar and Possessed) lvl 1 Barbarian(Urban) lvl 1 Total lvl 2

Voice:

Great we have a singer. He's gonna have to die.

Fealix nods. "I agree but for now we work with the group. I am not interesting in causing trouble at the moment."
Fealix turns to the rest of the group. "My skills are in healing...."
Voice:

A useless skill if you ask me. I like the opposite when you use it better. More fun.

"....dealing with people..."
Voice:

Too many lies, too many lies. Hehe, I am so jealous of your talents.

"....and I'm not half bad at bashing things faces in with a blunt object...."
Voice:

My favorite part. You do that so well.

"....am not a leader though..."
Voice:

Don't I know it

"...I will allow someone else to lead. I will follow."
Voice:

Such a polite way of saying "You can die first"

"I will take my position in the rear."
Fealix will fallow the group watching them closely and studying each of them.


Male Human Bard 2

"Well.... I can sing, dance, I know a little about a lot, and I get along pretty well with people. Oh, I know a few little spells, too."


Male Halfling Rogue; 2

I suggest we head out as soon a possible to cover as much ground before dark. Scary things come out at night, and we'll need time to set up camp.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Tarvinda listens to Neculai, his voice sing rhythmically with the sound of their boots crunching on the stoney path. "So singer of songs do you know of any heroic verses as well as your itties. Something to inspire us as we start down this way. A hymn to Iomedae, or some other uplifting verse?" As the day wears on, the backpack seems to get heavier, "Andwell, do you know somewhere safe we can stay, or you Xeros you seem to know about the area we're going through? And Neculai sing a little louder...." As Tarvinda closes her eyes trying to get rid of the incessant chatter coming from Fealix.

I'm enjoying reading Fealix, even if Tarvinda isn't... :)


Male Human Bard 2

"I know a few more songs. Here's one I learned as a child. It keeps me going on the few occasions where I'm not sure if I can continue."

Spellcraft DC 15:
Summon Instrument

A small set of drums appears in the hands of Neculai, with which he beats a cadence, keeping with the beat of the Song which he is now singing. Perform:Percussion1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"Weeeeeeeeelllllllllllllll...........
I fight a battle every day
Against discouragement and fear;
Some foe stands always in my way,
The path ahead is never clear!
I must forever be on guard
Against the doubts that skulk along;
I get ahead by fighting hard,
But fighting keeps my spirit strong.

I hear the croakings of Despair,
The dark predictions of the weak;
I find myself pursued by Care,
No matter what the end I seek;
My victories are small and few,
It matters not how hard I strive;
Each day the fight begins anew,
But fighting keeps my hopes alive.

My dreams are spoiled by circumstance,
My plans are wrecked by Fate or Luck;
Some hour, perhaps, will bring my chance,
But that great hour has never struck;
My progress has been slow and hard,
I've had to climb and crawl and swim,
Fighting for every stubborn yard,
But I have kept in fighting trim.

I have to fight my doubts away,
And be on guard against my fears;
The feeble croaking of Dismay
Has been familiar through the years;
My dearest plans keep going wrong,
Events combine to thwart my will,
But fighting keeps my spirit strong,
And I am undefeated still!"

Perform:Sing1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

I'm doing pretty well with these perform checks, eh?


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

A croaky paladin's voice joins in with the song, as much as she can. "Yes Neculai, indeed you have a good voice to keep our spirits high.", she slaps his back causing him to cough slightly with the power behind the friendly tap. The notes and lyrics seem to transport Tarvinda to a place of beauty and joy, she forgets the tediousness of the journey. Her load is lightened, as she marches to the beat of the songs. "So Master Andwell, we shall have some fun these days, won't we. Just don't go dashing off into anything dangerous, remember we're all here to help. Even Xeros out there is helping to keep us safe, lets hope he can guide us well!"


Male Halfling Rogue; 2

Halflings always enjoy a jaunty tune, and Andwell is no exception. Hearing Tarvinda join in the song is all the invitation Andwell needs to add his voice the the chorus.

Still in a lighthearted mood, he adresses Tarvinda Dash off? No no, oh no. Not I! Not I no. Tricks and traps are my trade. Yes yes. Facing big scary. . um . . scary things. No no.


Male Aasimar Oracle(Planar and Possessed) lvl 1 Barbarian(Urban) lvl 1 Total lvl 2

Fealix travels a good distance behind the group.
"What is with the cheery singing? This is suppose to be a serious quest. Arg I can't take it."

Voice:

We need to deal with this soon!

"Your right but to do it without arousing suspicion?
Voice:

I know. We pour bleech down his through in his sleep!

"What in Golorion is bleech?
Voice:

I dunno, sounds painful though. Make something corrosive, call it bleech an pour it in his eyes. See what song he sings after that

Fealix grins maliciously.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

Xeros laughs for a moment as he see's the song getting at Fealix then he notices the aasimair's grin, he's seen that look a few times before when people go missing. He says back to the group, "I love the group togetherness a brewing here, but when we get deeper in the woods keep it a little down we don't want to be a target." He grins at them, and then looks ahead and back at Fealix "Hey bud I need your thoughts on this trail marker further up, why don't you come up here with me."

Whisper to Fealix:
"Thought you could do with a little distance from the songs, hehe. Maybe you should request one of your liking? Besides the Morningstar Mash." Xeros jokes and gives him a knowing gaze.

1 to 50 of 1,193 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Mathpro's Crypt of the Everflame Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.