Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Dark Designs

Game Master Wise Owl

A Dark Fantasy Campaign themed with touches of the Baltic, Gothic and whatever else crosses my mind.


101 to 150 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

The old woman laughs with a chortling cackle at Slandra's comment. "Yes my Dear, and Doom is so unlikely to buy one jewelery. A right proper lay-about..." she cackles a bit more as the girl exchanges a smile directed towards Markus after his poetic pronouncement.

"Of course..." The old woman says as the group seems to finish up it's tea, the girl collecting the cups. "Here, let me give you some directions to the Cave so you aren't at least blundering around the swamp at all hours when you get to it..." she spends some minutes giving directions that Wynn and Kārlis both seem to understand well enough. "Be wary on the road, and if in turn you need some medicinal aid or herbal remedies, don't hesitate to call on me."

The girl leans again a tree, the tray on which the cups rest cocked against one of her hips as the watches the group depart. Granny Vanags wakes with one hand, all smiles, though you all hear as you depart, a harsh word from her towards the girl. "Oh don't you 'Granny' me, making eyes at every young man with a sword. Hedge-knights are worse than carnival minstrels, at least those have regular work!" though how much any of you catch of it is variable.

As you step back out to the road and away from the house Kristaps observes "What a nice old lady, seems a shame her and her granddaughter are living all the way out here. Anyways, so if we're going after the bandits first, whats our next move?" He seems to look both to Kārlis and Markus for answers on this point.

Kārlis shrugs and suggest "We head back to the Inn for now, and tommorow we set out to investigate as much of this road as we can. Keep an eye out for signs of traffic? Hope we get lucky?"


Female Human (Kef) Cleric 1

Slandra nods. "Sleep, then we..." She cuts off suddenly as she starts to yawn. "Yes, sleep," she says afterwards. "I'm sleepy." She continues yawning repeatedly for the journey back to the inn.


Male Human (Telvan) Cavailer (Gendarme) 1

Markus offers his typical courtesies towards the women as he departs further pledging to his dedication. While walking away from the cottage he attempts to ignore the scolding of the grand daughter.

Kristaps wrote:
"What a nice old lady, seems a shame her and her granddaughter are living all the way out here. Anyways, so if we're going after the bandits first, whats our next move?"

"I suggest we travel the north road... but we must appear more tempting to would be thieves, a rich under guarded target ripe for the plucking... perhaps we could even spread rumors of valuable goods being rushed out of town to turn their greed against them, we know they have agents aiding them in town."he says with a contemplative look.

Kārlis wrote:
"We head back to the Inn for now, and tomorrow we set out to investigate as much of this road as we can. Keep an eye out for signs of traffic? Hope we get lucky?"

"There is no room for luck when hunting foul criminals such as these, we must use the information we have gathered to form a plan of attack to draw these rats from their hiding." He states with a poetic flourish.

Slandra wrote:
"I'm sleepy."

Mirroring Slandra's yawn Markus attempts to hide his desire for sleep. "Yes... we want to be at our best when face them in battle.. let us off to the Inn."


The Mornig of the 29th Day of the 3rd Month, 1532 Imperial Calender

The trip back to the Inn was swift enough, and you were greated to a much more jovial atmosphere when you entered. A room full of working men slinging back ale and laughter. Naturally you became a center for attention, and Kristaps took one for the team, slinging out a tale while the rest of you slunk off to bed. Oskar was already sleeping by the time you returned, comfortable in a pile of blankets on the floor near Markus' bed.

The beds of the Inn were comfortable, and the combination of fresh bread and a porridge of oats and dried apples was hearty, if not exactly a culinary delight.

Thus fortified, the group headed once more out along the northern road. The day was sunny, with only a few clouds on the eastern horizon.

Survival Check DC 15, Markus: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15, Slandra: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23, Wynn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 to know

Spoiler:
The weather should hold for at least the next day or two

The decision as to what precisely to do has not been determined. So before heading off fully you sit to discuss it further.

Kristaps ventures "If we're going to try and make an attractive target for Bandits, I'd say maybe Markus and Oskar on the road while the rest of us... he stops to look at Slandra, pondering her potential stealth and than says "... okay so maybe Markus and Oskar and Slandra on the road and the rest of us following in the woods. I think the rest of us can be pretty stealth right? I took the liberty of spreading that you've got coin to spend and might be travelling to the Duke. I don't know if that's inviting enough or not? I mean if anyone else has a better idea?


Male Human (Telvan) Cavailer (Gendarme) 1

Markus rises promptly from his bed nudging poor Oskar from his slumber with his foot. "come Oskar you've over sleep, there is much needed to tend to."

While forcing down his simple breakfast Markus seems deep in contemplation.

Kristaps wrote:
"If we're going to try and make an attractive target for Bandits, I'd say maybe Markus and Oskar on the road while the rest of us... he stops to look at Slandra, pondering her potential stealth and than says "... okay so maybe Markus and Oskar and Slandra on the road and the rest of us following in the woods. I think the rest of us can be pretty stealth right? I took the liberty of spreading that you've got coin to spend and might be travelling to the Duke. I don't know if that's inviting enough or not? I mean if anyone else has a better idea?

Markus pipes up "If we could procure some manner of cart or wagon it would serve to hide our less stealthy companions as well as making a more tempting target for would be robbers."


Female Human (Kef) Cleric 1

Slandra bounds out of bed in the morning, grabs her things and heads to breakfast with the others. She briefly runs her fingers through her hair to straighten out some of the worst knots and tangles that have appeared overnight. At breakfast, she gulps down her food quickly and eagerly, nodding at Kristaps's suggestions, and then nodding again at Markus's.

"I am not very sneaky," she says. "My father always says he can hear me coming a mile away. I don't think that's true because then he would be able to hear me when we're not actually in the same place, but he is right that I am not sneaky. I will make a good target though. The bandits can come after me and then we all get them by surprise."


The bells at the local temple have begun to ring, and you can hear a half-dozen small venerations to different gods being performed by craftsmen or merchant alike.

Kārlis shrugs at Markus' suggestion. "If you've got the money to get a Cart, that makes fine sense. Otherwise I figured we'd just stick to the woods on the side of the road and hop in once they try to ambush you.

Kristaps listens to both suggestions and just shrugs, seemingly eager to get to it. "Me and my brother are silent enough, and our silent friend here seems to know his way around..." He gestures a bit to Wynn "...so it seems an alright plant to me. Though yeah, it'd be nice to ride in a cart rather than try and trudge through the forest."

The request hangs in the air, and presumably ends there, unless some-one can bring up the money to buy or rent a cart?

"Well if that's that?" Kārlis asks, hitching his thumb towards the northern road.


Female Human (Kef) Cleric 1

"How much does a cart cost?" Slandra asks. "I have some money." She starts looking through her coins, peering closely at them. There is some gold amongst them.


Male Human (Telvan) Cavailer (Gendarme) 1
Kārlis wrote:
"If you've got the money to get a Cart, that makes fine sense. Otherwise I figured we'd just stick to the woods on the side of the road and hop in once they try to ambush you."

With out thinking Markus reaches towards his pouch when a sense of dread overcomes him, he not so casually repositions his hand on the pommel of his sword. Standing tall a nervous smile crosses his face. "I shall be fearlessly riding in the open to make a tempting target for the desprate cowards. I was merely looking after the well being of the others if you would rather trudge through the woods I am not one to argue."

Sizing Slandra up and down Markus "Although we could stand to make you a little bit less... intimidating dear Slandra, you are far to fearsome to appear as as an easy target for would be bandits....Oskar come here I have need of you."


"Around Five Royals..." Kārlis responds, a lingering gaze cast over the cool morning of the town, the sun now thankfully seeming to warm everything up.

Oskar slouches over with a grumble, something about "If he expects me to go with him to hunt for bandits for a single silver a day, he's out of his mind..." He than waits for Markus to reveal what exactly he 'needs' him for.

Kristaps and Kārlis talk for a second, and look over at Slandra's little pile as well. "Hmm, we should be able to afford it? I think I can find one pretty cheap, seems to be plenty around, I'm sure the lumber mill has to have a spare one at a bare minimum. Want me to go see if I can grab one?" Kristaps asks, looking on expectantly.


Female Human (Kef) Cleric 1

Sorry for the slowness in the last week, folks.

Wise Owl wrote:
Kristaps and Kārlis talk for a second, and look over at Slandra's little pile as well. "Hmm, we should be able to afford it? I think I can find one pretty cheap, seems to be plenty around, I'm sure the lumber mill has to have a spare one at a bare minimum. Want me to go see if I can grab one?" Kristaps asks, looking on expectantly.

Slandra nods excitedly. "I want a cart!"

She then clues into Markus looking her over. "What do you mean too fearsome? How can I fight bandits if I am not fearsome? Fearsome means frightening, right? Or does it mean not frightening? Oh, that would be bad. But I look frightening, don't I?"


Female Elf Ranger 1

Wynn looks to the others "If there is an extra cart, it would be cheaper to pay....for its use for...a day or two. Then to buy it....outright" then adjusting the hood and scarf, peering up the road "I will...'trudge' ...through the woods though. perhaps if we find them....I will be able to close...on the archers they are said...to have" then the ragged figure curls inward a little as a wracking cough finishes the overly much speaking that was done.


Male Human (Telvan) Cavailer (Gendarme) 1

As Oskar shambles forward Markus, listening to the groups decision rethinks his need for him. "on second though Oskar if Slandra is to be hidden in the cover of a cart it wont be necessary at the moment."he dismisses Oskar back to his duties

Kristaps wrote:
"Hmm, we should be able to afford it? I think I can find one pretty cheap, seems to be plenty around, I'm sure the lumber mill has to have a spare one at a bare minimum. Want me to go see if I can grab one?"

"Yes Kristaps I think we should acquire one in all due haste... we must not linger here much longer." he states as he secures the straps of his armored coat.


Oskar rolls his eyes as Markus sends him on his way. "If you need me [i]Sir[i], I shall we at the Inn tending your things..." the servant trudges off while the rest stand around in the early morning chill.

Kristaps just nods "Okay, I'll go see what I can do, meet me over at the North gate..." and he's off, moving swiftly through the town.

The rest of the group moves towards the North Gate, passing by a slowly growing movement of people; servants on their way to this task or that, Craftsmen moving to their trade, apprentices scurrying around with message or lugging goods or products this way and that.

The Group spends some time waiting at the North Gates, which over-look the river that spills into the lake on which the Town sits. One can already see the work fo the lumbermen down the river, the smell of sawdust thick in the air. There are two small shrines just outside the city gates, the one easily recognizable as a shrine to the Mother of Roads, a relatively minor deity of roads and travel. The other shrine is less familiar.

A knowledge religion check DC 15 Wynn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Eventually you see Kristaps, along with a rather strapping young man in peasants garb, pushing a small two-wheeled cart towards the group. Kristaps thanks the man with a clasps on his shoulder and mentions something about seeing him at the Inn later before turning to the group.

"It was able to talk some men down near the Docks into loaning us this for ten silvers, I figure we can just put it as a cost of business eh? Though they say if it's not back by tomorrow at night-fall it's gonna cost us extra. Now are we going to try and hitch this up to the Warhorse?" he asks with a puzzled expression on his face.


Male Human (Telvan) Cavailer (Gendarme) 1

While leading Argentus through the town Markus stops for a moment at the shrine to the Mother of roads, mummers a brief prayer to himself and reluctantly offers his last two coppers to the shrine.

Wise Owl:
When he believes no one is looking Markus fills his coin purse with suitable rocks to make it appear brimming with coins.

Oskar:
Taking Oskar aside away from the group Markus speaks to him, taking care to avoid the others hearing "Now Oskar when we are besieged by the outlaws I want you to seek shelter under the cart and stay there till I deem it safe, there is no need for you to get involved... as Oskar attempts to return to his duties Markus pulls him closer and whispers "...and I want you to steer clear of this Wynn creature I fear he suffers from some fowl aliment that causes him to hide his withered appearance...be mindful lest we share a similar fate." with his last word he sends the servant back to his duties.

Peering at the meager cart Markus turns to Argentus with a look of disappointment." I had hoped for something a bit more... tempting ... but this will have to do I suppose. It is truly an injustice to have a noble courser bound to a cart like a common Palfrey "

Grasping Argentus firmly by the reigns Markus stroke his mane as he speaks softly into his mounts ear "stay steady dear friend the people of this town are depending on us we all have our part to play." Whinnying his head as if he can sense Markus apprehension Argentus becomes restless, Markus steadies him as he leads his mount to the cart "yes I known such deception hardly befits a Knight, but these men fight without honor ... so we can not treat them otherwise. For the unjust will be brought to justice." he whispers to his steed, trying to justify to himself the route his wanderings have brought him to. Calming his mount with one hand while hitching the cart with his other, Markus deftly attempts to secure Argentus to the cart.

Handle animal: "pushing" to perform the work trick DC 25
Handle animal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Much to Markus' surprise the normally restless steed takes to the cart with astonishing ease.

"Well now that that is seen to we best be off ... the scouting force should leave ahead lest we arouse suspicion... we must be wary the allies of the the bandits maybe be lurking everywhere. All the less stealthy ones should remain hidden with in the cart. The team in the forest should initiate the signal to attack once they are in position. We shall set upon them from both sides like Lord Adimre during the battle of Durgon hill." As he begins to set forth he pauses and in a stern voice he addresses the group " ..and don't forget we need one of them alive for questioning if we are ever to free these lands from them once and for all." lingering his gaze upon Wynn as he urges his horse forward.


Female Human (Kef) Cleric 1
Wise Owl wrote:

There are two small shrines just outside the city gates, the one easily recognizable as a shrine to the Mother of Roads, a relatively minor deity of roads and travel. The other shrine is less familiar.

A knowledge religion check DC 15

Slandra has Knowledge (religion) too! It's one of the very few skills she does have. :)

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Nevermind. :(

Slandra hops into the cart eagerly. "I will be ready for anyone who attacks us!" she declares. "I will stab them through the heart and cut off their heads!" She waves her hand around, miming attacking with her sword. "The bandits will die!" She grins.


It takes a little wide to hitch up the horse, as the War-horses saddle and bridle aren't made for this sort of thing. Luckily a simply yoke was sent along and soon enough the small cart is being pulled by the horse.

Kristaps looks between each person and shrugs "Well I guess I'm going to ride in the Cart, um... I suppose Kārlis and Wynn will go ahead?"

A short discussion ensues as the particulars of the plan are laid out, but soon enough all is secured and the Cart rolls onward, the warhorse's usual demeanour subdued, though none would mistake the fine creature for a beast of burden.

Movement along the road is slow. Though the road is still well packed and the weather has warmed only enough to make the ground soft beneath your feat, rather the tracks of mud that will surely followed, the cart slows you all down. In the final decision Kristaps rides secreted in the Wagon, while Markus and Slandra walk with the Horse, and Wynn and Kārlis depart to the sides.

Unless correct I'm going to assume that's the configuration people want to go with. Stealth checks for Wynn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 and Kārlis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 and Likewise survival checks for Wynn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

The going down the road is slow, and those moving through the forest have the difficulties of leafless tree's and brittle winter branches to contend with. The road itself has been travelled as of late, though lightly. As the town fades behind the group, and the forest grows up around you in all directs, and long after you've passed the cut-off to Granny Vanags Wynn and Kārlis begin to note trails in the forest. Definitely human they recur at irregular intervals. Some-one is travelling in and out of the forest in this area, and while it certainly could be trappers and hunters, it's something to note.

for GM:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

It's hard to determine whether fortune favours or opposes you, for as you continue down the road there is a sudden series of snaps to the left, dead branches snapping under weight, and than another series of noises further down the road. A Half dozen men, most dressed in brown leathers or darkened wool to blend in with the forest, spill out of both sides of the road, bows at the ready. They are spaced fairly widely apart and it is apparent their intent probably would have been to appear when you were between them, but something has spooked them out of their enclose.

"Alright, we see ya' sneaking in the forest there oy... you just step out where we can see ya..."

Should combat ensue I'll post an initiative along with the map. In brief Kārlis and Wynn are about 60 feet in front of the Cart, and the first pair of bandits is perhaps 30 feet beyond them, and than the next four are all together another 80 feet beyond that.


Female Human (Kef) Cleric 1

Slandra smiles and almost jumps for joy as the men appear from the forest. "You have fallen into our trap, bandits!" she announces. "Surrender now and we will let you live." Her hand hovers over the pommel of her sword as she stares intently at the one who spoke.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Human (Telvan) Cavailer (Gendarme) 1

Gripping he shield tightly Markus slowly urges Argentus forward. As the highway men voice their demands in the distance he attempts to reply before being interrupted by Slandra's bold statements. A look of disappointment crosses his face and he mumbles something about waiting for a signal. "very well then" he says in a understated tone. With a single leap Markus springs to his mount with effortless grace.

Fast mount ride check DC 20
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 damn Im good :D nothing like wasting natural 20s on useless rolls

Drawing his sword he slices the restrains of the cart with a swift stroke then brandishing it towards the ambushing men he announces. "In the name of King Voldemārs I bid you to stand down, and you shall be treated with mercy under the Kings law."


For about a split second it seems as if the Bandits are not quite sure what to do. One closest to the group actually relaxes his draw completely, the others looking on nervously. Within the Kart Kristaps almost slaps himself in the face at Slandra's pronouncement.

All is still for a moment in the aftermath of Markus' challenge till one of the Bandits yells out "We still out-number ya Two to One! apparently math not being one of the bandits strong-points.

I'm going to presume combat is going to start here, as the Bandits aren't likely to back down nor surrender, at least at this point, so I'll put out initiative, if you want to try something else, let me know.

Initiative Rolls
Markus: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Slandra: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Wynn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Kristaps: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Kārlis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Bandit 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Bandit 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Bandit 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Bandit 4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Bandit 5: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Bandit 6: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

In the map below I'll label the bandits more fully next time with text. The Road area is entirely clear and normal movement and such. Off the road any given square have a 50% chance of having light underbrush(Making it Difficult Terrain, costs 2 to move into, cannot charge through, +2 DC to Stealth and Acrobatic Checks). Standing in a square with a tree in it(basically the centre four squares around a tree trunk) grants partial cover(+2 AC, +1 to Reflex saves) but your otherwise unaffected. Kārlis is delaying at the moment

Of Note, the Horse is currently connected to the Cart and it will impede said horses movement. It will take a full-round action, or two standard actions to free him.

Map for Round 1


Female Human (Kef) Cleric 1

Ack! I missed that Karlis is delaying so was waiting for him to do something before posting an action. Infinite apologies!

"Maybe so, but we could still take you if you outnumbered us two to twenty!" Slandra calls back, obviously having just as little clue what the numbers mean as the bandit. She draws her sword and advances forward (to I37).


Kārlis watches as Slandra draws her weapon and decides to act, attempting to move as swiftly as possible across the broken, uneven ground, scrub and errant roots and small patches of mud making his way difficult.

Kārlis will now act right after Slandra but before Bandit 1. He moves to M28 Difficult terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 14 to L27 Difficult Terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 41 and than to L24 with the Double-Move.

The Bandits, seeing Slandra and Kārlis draw weapons react. One fires a shot at the approaching and menacing Slandra, the one that Kārlis has moved towards drops his bow and draws the short-sword at his belt, taking a swing, and a third seems to stand stunned, blinking, apparently shaken by Slandra's proclamation and the sight of the Large Kef woman descending on him.

Bandit 5 at E22 is stunned for this turn, Bandit 6 swings at Kārlis
Sword Swing: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 and misses.

Bandit 1 fires his bow
Bow: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1 and it goes hugely wide.

Wynn is up


Just for reference from now on, I'll give at least 24 hours, but no garuntee of more for some-one to post during combat, otherwise I'll post for them as I'm about to do for Wynn

Wynn moves forward, fluiding drawing a Dagger and in a single action flipping it forward towards one of the Bandits, trying herself to remain under cover.

Wynn moves to D29 Difficult Terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 58 to E28 Difficult Terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 44 finally to E26. She throws a dagger
Dagger: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 2 = 161d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6[/ooc]

The dagger thunks into the Bandits thigh, drawing a nasty gash that spouts blood. The other bandits release a volley of Missiles, most directed either at Slandra or Markus, though a stray one does target Kristaps as he leaps out of the wagon, swearing as he draws his weapons.

On his initiative Kristaps gets out of the Wagon and ends up in I44. The Three remaining Bandits take a shot at Markus, Slandra and Kristaps respectively
Bow on Markus: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 4 = 91d6 ⇒ 4
Bow on Slandra: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 171d6 ⇒ 2
Bow on Kristaps: 1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 6 = 61d6 ⇒ 3

Slandra takes a nic to the arm, while the other arrows go wide.

It's now Markus' turn, I'll post a new map with actual marks so you know which bandit is which after his action.


Male Human (Telvan) Cavailer (Gendarme) 1
Wise Owl wrote:
Of Note, the Horse is currently connected to the Cart and it will impede said horses movement. It will take a full-round action, or two standard actions to free him.

His name is Argentus and he is a noble courser of the highest breeding he is no mere "horse"!

Markus unhooks his mount from the constraints of the cart while offering calm words to the eager Argentus as he does so. Gripping his shield tightly he positions his boisterous mount for his impending charge.

Markus takes a full round to unhook his mount from the cart then takes a 5' step to G40

Karlis is up next


A map for the starting of Round two

Technically because he delayed his action, Kārlis is acting after Slandra, but for the sake of clarity

Karlis slashes at the bandit in front of him, driving back and forth as the two trade blows.

Sword Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

None of them land however.

Slandra is up. The Initiative Order stands right now as
Slandra
Kārlis
Bandits 1, 5 and 6
Wynn
Bandits 2 and 4
Kristaps
Bandit 3
Markus


Female Human (Kef) Cleric 1

Slandra struggles to catch up to the action.

Double move to I29.


Poor Slow Slandra...

The Bandit who is engaged with Kārlis continues to trade blows. The one bearing a wound from Wynn's Dagger drops his bow and Draws his sword as he plunged forward to try and return the favour. Another arrow is drawn and loosed, though the bandit this time decides the man on horse-back appears the more dangerous target.

Bandit 6 attacks Kārlis, Bandit 5 Moves and attacks Wynn, Bandit 1 fires an Arrow at Markus.

Short sword at Kārlis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Short sword at Wynn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Bow at Markus: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 101d6 ⇒ 4

While Kārlis and bandit continue to trade back and forth, their blades flashing off one another, and another Arrow fires wide, though this time far closes to the Mounted Markus, Wynn suffers a savage cut from the Bandit she confronts, their blood mingling on the ground.

Wynn is now up. Again I'll give at least 24 hours from this post before posting an action for some-body.


Female Elf Ranger 1

sorry about the long absence, finished work for the next few years, but got a drop dead cold I'm just getting over. Also, humans are a favoured enemy for Wynn, meaning among other things, a +2 hit/damage, not sure if that means this bandit could be dead?

Wynn cries out in a clear feminine voice as the bandit stabs into her. With a fast smooth movement she claws a polished longsword from its coverings on the blocky pack she wears.

With a mighty two handed chop, she lays into the bandit with an angry wordless yell.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Yeah Sorry Wynn, I forgot about that too. Thankfully the guy was still up... or would be...

Wynn sword slashes out and cuts viciously across the man's abdomen, blood spraying to the ground as he quickly follows, clutching the wound as it bubbles.

The other bandits hold to their targest, though the one next closest to Wynn seems a little unnerved by the speed with which his companion was dispatched and takes a step back.

Bandit 4 takes a 5 foot step to E7, and than again fires at Slandra, Bandit 2 fires at Markus

Bow at Markus: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 6 = -11d6 ⇒ 3
Bow at Slandra: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 4 = 171d6 ⇒ 1

Perhaps it's his shiny armour, of the wreath of Virtue about his Head, but no Arrow seems able to touch the noble Markus. Meanwhile, another slices it's way to nick Slandra, though it doesn't appear to slow the oncoming Kef Cleric.

Taking his cue from Slandra, Kristaps begins to jog up the road, screaming a battle cry.

Kristaps Double-Moves up to J32

Which of course cases the land bandit nocking an arrow to loose it at him.

Bandit 3 fires bow at Kristaps

1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 4 = 181d6 ⇒ 1

It appears these Bandits aren't particularly skilled with their bows, or perhaps they've never faced so many who were willing to fight back at once, for while the arrow finds Kristaps, it leaves only an angry red slice on his hip.

Markus is up next, than Slandra.


Male Human (Telvan) Cavailer (Gendarme) 1

Markus settles his horse towards the distance, beginning with a steady canter he bursts into a blur of speed. While burying his feet down in his stirrups he weaves and guides his mount across the road paying little heed to the arrows haplessness passing by.

Moving Argentus at a full run while using the total defense option (+4 dodge) ending in F13

Guide mount with knees DC 5
Ride check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Status:

HP: 11/11
AC: AC 21 (+4 armour, +2 shield, +1 Dex, +4 dodge), 15 touch , 16 flat-footed
Challenge 1/day

question: can I tell which bandit was the one who was talking?

Slandra up next


Female Human (Kef) Cleric 1

Slandra pauses momentarily in her approach to clutch her holy symbol and call out loudly to Menuo. Then she continues moving forward.

Cast divine favour on herself (+1 luck bonus to attack and damage for 1 minute) then move to I25.

AC 16; HP 7/10


Map for Round 3

Figures all in red are 'down', though there actual status requires either a heal check or magic. To Answer Markus your pretty sure it was either 3 or 4, though it was a fair distance away.

The Order remains
Slandra
Kārlis
Bandits 1, 5 and 6
Wynn
Bandits 2 and 4
Kristaps
Bandit 3
Markus

Kārlis snarls as he continues to hack away at his opponent, taking a moment to draw his other blade.

Move action to draw a weapon, Standard to attack

Short Sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Finally slashing past his opponents defences, he sinks his sword deep into his opponents belly, though the Bandit seems determined to fight on.

Bandit 6 will fight defensively and slash as Kārlis

Short Sword at Karlis: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 4 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

One of the Bandits loose an Arrow at the Galloping Markus, even as he raises his shield to cover himself.

Arrow at Markus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d6 ⇒ 1

But Markus luck holds as his Brazen charge seems to unnerve more than one of the Bandits.

Wynn is up


Female Elf Ranger 1

Thinking quickly Wynn drops her sword. Grabbing a handful of arrows from the fallen bandits quiver she dashes forward and crouches where he dropped his bow, groaning with pain.

Drop sword=free action, Pick up item=move action, move to E22=move action


The Bandits seem rattled by the furious pace of the massive charger and it's stalwart rider, and respond by loosing their arrows as one at Markus, who has made himself a rather obvious target.

Bandits 2, 3, and 4 all fire at Markus, 3 moving to L9 and 4 to D9 first

Bow at Markus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 ⇒ 3
Bow at Markus: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 51d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bow at Markus: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The panicked flurry of arrows only come as close as a single arrow flying off the side of his shield, the others flying off into the tree's as luck, or perhaps the gods, seems to be on Markus' side.

Kristaps storms ahead, sparing a moment to look at his brother who gestures him onward with the tip of one of his blades.

Kristaps keeps moving forward to H17, not running as he wants to keep that precious Dex bonus to AC

Markus is up again


Male Human (Telvan) Cavailer (Gendarme) 1

Continuing his full gallop towards the bandits Markus slashes at one of them with full force not being accustomed to ill-armoured foes. He continues his charge beyond his target wheeling Argentus around to assess his attack.

Charging at bandit 4 power attacking and ride by attacking ending up in F1

guide mount with knees DC 5
Ride check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Longsword hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Longsword damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Status:

HP: 11/11
AC: AC 15 (+4 armour, +2 shield, +1 Dex, -2 charging), 9 touch , 14 flat-footed
Challenge 1/day

Slandra is up


Female Human (Kef) Cleric 1

With a yell, Slandra steps up, raises her sword, and swings at the nearest bandit.

5-ft step to J24. Attack bandit 6.
Longsword with divine favour: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6


Map for Round 4

The Order remains:
Slandra
Kārlis
Bandits 1, 5 and 6
Wynn
Bandits 2 and 4
Kristaps
Bandit 3
Markus
Though Bandit 5 is down, and Bandits 6 and 4 aren't looking so great.

While Markus' ferocious charge slices mightly across one of the bandits, Slandra seems to have similar problems to Kārlis, this bandit seeming to have some measure of skill with the blade, or luck at the least.

The Bandit by Slandra and Kārlis tries to take a step toward the forest while he slashes at Kārlis, not wanting to be trapped, even as Kārlis returns the favour.

Kārlis slashes at Bandit 6
Sword at Bandit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Bandit 6 takes a 5-ft step to L23 and attacks Kārlis
Difficult Terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 88

Sword on Kārlis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The dance continues however, the chiming of metal on metal echoing through the forest, the Bandit drawing a small beed of blood from Kārlis even as he is beaten back.

The Bandit closest to Markus takes the oppurtunity to fire his bow from such close range, before trying to step further into the tree's, and thus hopefully away from the charging mounted warrior.

Bandit 1 fires as Markus and moves to B8
Bow at Markus: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 85
Terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 99
Terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 71

An arrow finally finds it's way past the chinks in his armour to bite into Markus.

Wynn is up


Female Elf Ranger 1

Fingers sticky with her own blood Wynn will grab up the fallen bow. Teeth gritted she looses a shot from her kneeling position at one of the dastardly bandits.

Pick up bow=Move action, Attack=standard action.Bandit 3

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Status:
Wynn Hp 5/12, AC 15/17 (kneeling vs ranged)


For Wynn:
Just as a Note these are shortbows so they have a range increment of 60ft and don't permit strength bonuses on damage.

Wynn's arrow goes wide. The Chaos that is now the road gets worse as the bandits, who seem to have not anticipated something happening beyond 'we pop up, take money, leave', are now scrambling to effect a good strategy. Two of them continue their assault on Markus, letting Arrows fly. A Third fires an Arrow straight at Kristaps even as Kristaps charges him, blades flying.

Bandit 2 Fires at Markus, Bandit 4 fires at Kristaps. Kristaps charges the Bandit 4, ending at E10. Than Bandit 3 Fires at Markus, having not noticed he's being fired on himself.

Arrow at Markus: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 71d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Arrow at Kristaps: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 2 = 181d6 ⇒ 4
Charge at Bandit: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 2 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Arrow at Markus: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 2 = 121d6 ⇒ 6

Kristaps takes an arrow to the side, but it snaps off in his charge, his daggers slicing along the the Bandits cheek.

Markus is up, and holy pace change batman


Male Human (Telvan) Cavailer (Gendarme) 1

While assessing the battlefield Markus seems to takes his foes defiance to perish personally. Feeling the sting of the arrow he charges at the nearest outlaw with reckless abandon. Halting Argentus before continuing his charge, rearing in defiance he stomps at the bandit.

Charges Bandit 2 power attacks with longsword Argentus attacks ending in K3

Terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 3 how does this terrain thing work again? If that means difficult terrain I just attack rather than charge (-1 hit +2 AC)

guide mount with knees DC 5
Ride check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Longsword hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Longsword damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11X 2 = 22
MARKUS SMASH!! >:|

Hoof hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Hoof damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Status:

HP: 7/11
AC: AC 15 (+4 armour, +2 shield, +1 Dex, -2 charging), 9 touch , 14 flat-footed
Challenge 1/day

Slandra is up


Female Human (Kef) Cleric 1

Quick note to Markus: Criticals multiply the number of times you roll, not the result, so you should roll 2d8+10, not (1d8+5)x2. In pbp, since you might not know for sure you got a critical, it's sometimes easier to separate the rolls to two rolls of 1d8+5 and 1d8+5 (makes it easier for the GM to see non-critical damage if needed). :)

With a growl, Slandra follows after #6.

5-ft step to K23.
Longsword: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
Sigh.

Slandra yells in frustration as she fails yet again to catch the bandit.


Map for Round 5

The Order remains:
Slandra
Kārlis
Bandits 1, 5 and 6
Wynn
Bandits 2 and 4
Kristaps
Bandit 3
Markus
Though Bandit 5 and 2 are down, and Bandits 6 and 4 aren't looking so great.

Markus' charge ends with him slicing his sword deep into the Bandits collarbone, a sickly snap coupled with a spray of blood. It's hard enough to know if the man survived as he collapsed, but the stomp of the Chargers hooves that pulp his chest leave little doubt.

Kārlis continues to press the other bandit who in increasing desperation falls back before the twin assaults.

Kārlis attacks Bandit 6

Sword at Bandit 6: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The Bandits feverish defence holds however, even as he returns his attack. Meanwhile his fellow continues to move slowly into the forest while firing Arrows at Markus.

Bandit 1 will move to A7 and fire at Markus, Bandit 6 with Fight on the Defensive and attack Kārlis.

Bow at Markus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d6 ⇒ 3
Sword at Kārlis: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 4 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Arrow goes wide and Kārlis' own skill with a blade seems to hold on.

Wynn's Turn


Female Elf Ranger 1

Remaining crouched, Wynn gives a quick cry of frustration while loosing another arrow at Bandit 3.

1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 2 = 19 dam 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Status:
HP 5/12, AC 15/17 Ranged


The Bandits confronted with Kristaps drops his bow and draws his sword, desperately trying to defend himself and fall back.

Bandit 4 drops his bow, draws his sword as a move action, attacks Kristaps and tries to take a 5 foot step to C9

Sword at Kristaps: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Difficult Terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 25

He apparently stumbles however, and is unable to effect his short retreat, but also misses wildly with his sword.He remains in his previous spot, the ground he is on counts as difficult terrain and thus he can't 5' step.

The Final bandit takes the Arrow to the arm and twists, realizing their is another assailant. Looking around he seems to decide retreat is the better part of valor. He spins an arrow towards Wynn.

Bandit 3 Fires at Wynn and moves to what would be P9

1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 2 = 81d6 ⇒ 2

The Arrow goes wide as the Bandit sinks deeper into the woods.

Kristaps presses his advantage, slashing with his knife

Kristaps merely attacks

Dagger at Bandit 4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Critical Confirm on Dagger: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Slash of the Dagger is enough to bring that Bandit to the ground, bringing the number still standing to half.

Markus and than Slandra are up. A note that both bandits 1 and 3 have partial cover


Male Human (Telvan) Cavailer (Gendarme) 1

Shocked at the brutality he had caused to the crumpled outlaw Markus reflects for but a brief moment before a stray arrow whistles past him. He spurs his mount towards the ambitious archer, weaving his mount over the treacherous terrain. As he gallops towards his target he aims his sword to strike with the flat of the blade.

moves to B7 attacks bandit 1 with longsword dealing non-lethal damage (-4 hit)

Guide with knees DC 5
Ride check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Longsword hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Longsword damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 (non-Leathal dmg)

Status:

HP: 7/11
AC: AC 17 (+4 armour, +2 shield, +1 Dex), 11 touch , 16 flat-footed
Challenge 1/day


Female Human (Kef) Cleric 1

Difficult Terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 34

Slandra tries to duck behind #6 to flank, but there's too much brush and branches underfoot. Realizing that moving and keeping up her defences will be too awkward, she stays put and attacks.

Longsword: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Her attack is only slightly better placed this time. But still probably not enough to hit.

Status:
HP 7/10; AC 16


Map for Round 6

Order Remains
Slandra
Kārlis
Bandits 1 and 6
Wynn
Kristaps
Bandit 3
Markus

The Brave charger has only a little difficulty navigating the difficult terrain, stepping over roots, branches, and around bushes. Markus manages to bean the Bandit hard in the head with his sword, though the man remains upright.

Slandra's poor footing seems to allow the other Bandit to continue to defend himself, though he appears to be getting more desperate in his defences.

Kārlis tries to immitate Slandra's tactic, attempting to box the bandit in as his blades strike out.

Karlis tries to five foot step to M23 and attack

Difficult Terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 95

Sword attack on Bandit 6: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 151d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Managing to hope over a root, Kārlis finally beats back the bandits defenses and slides his blade into the oponents chest, watching him sink to the ground.

The Bandit that Markus' confronts is no fool. Seeing his men out numbered he starts to beat a hasty withdrawal, careful trying to work his way deeper into the forest, where the terrain will be more difficult to navigate.

Bandit 1 is doing a withdrawal, effectively off the map to the maximum of his movement, ending up 40 feet away

difficult terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 841d100 ⇒ 371d100 ⇒ 331d100 ⇒ 361d100 ⇒ 791d100 ⇒ 511d100 ⇒ 661d100 ⇒ 93

Wynn is up


Female Elf Ranger 1

Seeing the Danger of being scattered, Wynn cries out in a loud clear voice
"Let them go!! Do not be seperated Ser Knight!!"

As she looses a (hopefully) final arrow at her target (Bandit3)

1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 2 = 9 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Cursing in anger as the arrow goes wide.

status:
HP 5/12, AC 15/17 Ranged

Wise Owl:
How doesw this percentage roll for terrain work? couldnt find it in the Pathfinder book


Kristaps looks back and forth between the remaining two bandits and hearing Wynn's warning moves towards her Target, lunging with his dagger.

Kristaps moves to K9 and attacks

Dagger on Bandit 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 141d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

His dagger skirts off the bandits armour though, only tearing a hole in it's sleeve.

The bandit see's himself as the only one standing and makes a break for, fleeing into the woods like his companion, though in a much less controlled manner.

Bandit 3 Withdraws, moving as far as he can in the opposite direction and ends up in what would basically be V9

Difficult Terrain: 1d100 ⇒ 991d100 ⇒ 51d100 ⇒ 661d100 ⇒ 911d100 ⇒ 551d100 ⇒ 501d100 ⇒ 811d100 ⇒ 32

The two remaining bandits are fleeing in either direction. They will probably be lost to the forest quite quickly.

Markus' turn


Male Human (Telvan) Cavailer (Gendarme) 1

Ignoring the distant plea of an unknown companion, Markus spurs his mount towards the forest. Crashing through the dry branches he weaves around past the fleeing bandit maneuvering his mount swiftly cutting off the outlaws escape. Swiping at him once more with the flat of his blade as he bears down upon him.

moves around to a position in front of Bandit 1# attacks with longsword using non-lethal damage

Guide with knees DC 5
Ride check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Longsword hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
longsword damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 non-lethal

Status:

HP: 7/11
AC: AC 17 (+4 armour, +2 shield, +1 Dex), 11 touch , 16 flat-footed
Challenge 1/day

101 to 150 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dark Designs-DM Wise Owl All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.