Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


6,151 to 6,200 of 8,249 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>

"Johenric, is that you? What are you doing out here in academy square at this time of day? I am delighted to see you! I have been so busy competing in this tournament that I have not had the time to connect with any of Karcau's Chosen. So how are you doing, my good friend? have you made any progress with the location of any shards of the amethyst heptagon? I have another issue I wanted to talk to you about. I recently helped bring back to life a woman who promises to aid us against the dark evil that threatens from the north. The only price she asked is for a little blood to be spilled. I did not detect any evil auras and I figured that a little spilled blood now would prevent a great loss of blood later. I think I can trust her, but I'm afraid that I don't know enough history about her. Have you heard of a Lucretia Livgrace? I believe she was one of Sassandra Livgrace's ancestors."


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric throwing pieces of bread towards to ducks raises his head. In the first moment it seems that he is unable to put his mind into the right context. And suddenly his mind got it and a friendly expression is shown on his face.

Solaric, nice to meet you. You won't believe what has happened during the last days....oh wait. Taking into consideration that you obviously had strange encounters as well the probability is high that you would. Yes you would....

Johenric stands up.

Actually Solaric, I have been teleported to the Jarovich castle. Within the Vizyalesh academy I managed to unseal a magical room. Without going into the last detail - anyhow to complex - I have been teleported. Since then I was riding all day long to get back to Karcau. Ah...by the way I revealed a third riddle of the heptagon, I did some research in regards to the daemon letters we found - really mad, I tell you, and I found indication of man eating witches. Unfortunately I am currently not in the position to solve one of the riddles and get us a step further towards the shards. Hopefully Nethys will grant me - or you - insights.

What did you do? You resurrected a dead person who claims to be one of Sassandra Livegrace ancestor? Without knowing what exactly has happened during my absence I recommend to investigate further before providing your blood. Blood magic is a field of study we do not want to face. As I am from here, let me think if I know this name Lucretia...anyway I strongly recommend to ask Sassandra's Family to confirm the identity of Lucretia. Please let me think and do not disturb me.

Johenric stresses his memory about the Family Livgrace and Lucretia for about 10 Minutes.

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Knowledge History 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

I am sorry Solaric, I never heard of a Lucretia. Do you mind me to accompany you?


Johenric wrote:
"Ah...by the way I revealed a third riddle of the heptagon, I did some research in regards to the daemon letters we found - really mad, I tell you, and I found indication of man eating witches. Unfortunately I am currently not in the position to solve one of the riddles and get us a step further towards the shards. Hopefully Nethys will grant me - or you - insights."

"This is splendid news, my friend! When the tournament finishes, we will need to depart soon and this information will prove invaluable. Where do you propose we go next? Is it north beyond the Kronstein Ridge as I once suspected?"

Johenric wrote:
"Please let me think and do not disturb me."

"As you wish!" Solaric replies and patiently waits until the wizard indicates that he is ready.

Johenric wrote:
"I am sorry Solaric, I never heard of a Lucretia."

"What? It took you all that time to figure out that you never heard of her?! Could you have not stated that earlier instead of waiting all that time?"

Johenric wrote:
"Do you mind me to accompany you?"

"I would very much enjoy the company! Please come along. This morning, I am competing with Dart in horse mastery. I am ahead, thus far, but it is still not over yet!"


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric throws his last slide of bread towards the ducks and accompanies Solaric.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

DMZ:
I want to use the taking 20 rule in regards to the two skill checks above. However Johenric should obviously try and fail in Solarics perception.

Johenric stresses his memory about the Family Livgrace and Lucretia for about 10 Minutes.

Knowledge Local 20 + 8 = 28
Knowledge History 20 + 8 = 28


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Diplomacy 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

Solaric, you must apologize. As the information is huge, I need some time to structure my mind in order to provide you a reliable answer. If you want, I can go back to the academy and do some research about Lucretia and the family Livgrace....this has the advantage that I do not need to do small talk about unimportant subjects....no offense.


Johenric wrote:
"Solaric, you must apologize. As the information is huge, I need some time to structure my mind in order to provide you a reliable answer. If you want, I can go back to the academy and do some research about Lucretia and the family Livgrace....this has the advantage that I do not need to do small talk about unimportant subjects....no offense."

"As you wish, my friend. I forget how thorough you are in your research. Perhaps that would be a better use of your time than listening to all of these knights tell their stories of bravery and valor. I am just pleased that you come straight to the point and let me know how you are really feeling. Well, I have three events today and tomorrow is the last day of the tournament. Just be sure that by tomorrow afternoon you catch up with me and we can figure out our next plan of action. In the meantime, keep up the fine work."

"Oh, and If you see Victoria, perhaps you could mention Lucretia to her. She seems to be the type of person that would know of her, you know, the mysterious female type. You can assure her that I took her advice and kept an open mind. You see, Johenric, ever since I have met the Countess Victoria, I have been trying not to be so absolute with my faith and look for the divine in everyone despite what appearance may indicate. I'm sure that she will be delighted to hear of the progress I have been making."


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric nods.

Well Solaric, you will find me around the campus. I wish you good luck in your competitions you are going to have. I am sure the blessing of Iomedae shines on you.

Johenric prepares himself to go back to the Academy, but suddenly he turns back.

Sorry, Sorry. One Question. Might be important to know. At what location did you bring Lucretia back to life respective where did you find her dead body? Has it been a crypt or a chamber?


Murna giggles as she notices the wide-eyed Cairn

Pff, Terissa has sold her a potion of longevity once Lucretia was in her late twenties, but you know my sister, nothing comes without a snag when Terissa is involved, tee-hee.

The raven-haired Terissa just glares at her sister for a moment before she says

Murna is right, at least partly right...Lucretia was a foolhardy woman back then and she wanted to preserve her beauty witha all costs...I brew her a special potion, but a lot went wrong, I wasn't the witch Iam now, you know. The potion should have made her sleep for twenty years in a kind of hibernation without getting older, but it turned her into a vampire...something I think she hasn't forgiven me.

--------------------

Johenric:

You will need a library or other means of research to take twenty on such a check, that way it is for most knowledge checks.


Johenric wrote:
"Sorry, Sorry. One Question. Might be important to know. At what location did you bring Lucretia back to life respective where did you find her dead body? Has it been a crypt or a chamber?"

"Well, Johenric, she was found lying in a sarcophagus in a crypt under the city. I can show you where I accessed it if you like. It was during the horror mastery portion of the tournament. The judges should even be able to show you where it is. We turned an hour glass on the sarcophagus and the next thing we knew, she awoke."


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Good Luck Solaric.

Johenric moves towards the library in the academy and does some research in regards to Lucretia and the Family Livgrace.

Will take a 20

This is something I am good in.

Knowledge Local 20 + 8 = 28
Knowledge History 20 + 8 = 28


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn did stand there wide eyed as these women talked casually of vampires and potions and silently vowed not to drink or eat anything these witches offered him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Johenric:

Lucretia Livgrace was born about 130 years ago. According to some old journals you found, she was a woman who favoured foppish man who adored her beauty. She was not interested in politics and the old count of Sinaria was really worried about the rule of his land, when he presented a fiance that would have solved the problem. Prince Erik Damolash, a highborn from Cheliax. Sadly, he died during their wedding ceremony when he suffered a stroke in the temple of Desna. After the failed marriage Lucretia indulged even more in men, but she became more and more paranoid about her beauty. Rumour has it that she bought the strangest of alchemies and potions only to remain as beautiful as she ever was. When she was 29 she suddenly vanished and was never to be seen again. The rule of Sinaria wnt to the family of her cousins.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Flofer follows Solaric to the square with some bread, but instead of feeding the pigeons, he eats his, fighting off any pigeons that might try to steal it and squinting his eyes at the others.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

After his study Johenric stands up and moves to a window to look outside and search for the sun...

DMZ:
What time of the day do we have?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"So, you can create Vampires? How interesting..." clearly this has sparked Victorias imagination. "Perhaps then you know of some weaknesses?"

"So what price did she pay for the potion, what was the cost you levied against her for it? Was it given freely or was there an exchange?"

"What would you ask of me? I am of the Abyss, the blood of the succubus flows in my veins, I have mastery of man through his weakness and vice, the undead are not of my domain...yet"


Johenric:

It's about 2pm

----------

Ask of you? Terissa seems a bit confused I was just uh...unnerved by the fact she has woken up and I wanted you to know this pretty important piece of information.

she's scared, tee-hee Murna giggles and ducks under a hurled bowl of stew

Scared...I'm never scared...but Murna is right, it could have dire consequences once she finds out that we are still in Karcau... for a moment her thoughts drift away until she remembers your earlier questions

The weaknesses of vampires are quickly summarized: They don't like silver or magic very much, they loath garlic, have no shadow, can't cross flowing water and have to be invited before they are able to enter a home...and sunlight blasts them to tiny pieces of black confetti. now the gloom has returned to terissa's voice she paid for the potion, paid lots of gold and gems...lots...


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"So what you are suggesting is that you want her truly dead. You are disturbed by her return, I'll grant that, you think she might come for revenge, and I'd agree with that. Though strangely you worry about her intentions but make no mention of moving from Karkau to avoid her revenge."

"Curious that you are only in Karkau for a change of scenery and some excitement, yet you wouldn't simply leave it when your lives are at stake... rather persistent sight seeing eh?" Victorias tone is slightly accusing.

"I am led to ask then, what are you really doing in Karkau that would have you stay here even under threat of revenge from a Vampire, and what do you offer in exchange for her being 'dealt with'. Spare me the pumpkin soup, and lets talk about this openly"


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Fo about 10 minutes Johenric is staying at the window and looking outside. He turns back and watches the going-ons in the library.

Ah Ivy, this is a sympathic place. Knowledge stored in several floors. People hunting for wisdom and information to solve the riddles of the world. Knowledge is the true form of power. However, I think I have to move and to warn Solaric about Lucretia. Although we do not know their real intentions, I think the facts of the past are a strong indication not be very careful - especially in terms of blood magic. Anyway, at the end it is Solarics choice; may his goddess lead him to the right decision or the facts...

Johenric collects his stuff in the library; his beloved spellbook, his quarterstaff and finally his Familiar who was sitting on a bookshelf. With his trust in Knowledge and the magic of the world, he moves to Solarics tournament.


Terissa twirls one of her long black locks and thinks for a moment

We're harvesting. she says matter of factly, but Murna nudges her and goes on She means we are doing what the queen wants us to do. We are transforming humans into raw magical energy. Energy we can then send home. Karcau is surely the best place to do that in Sinaria since there are so many people here and the coming war makes them desperate. More and more of them visit us and ask for magical favours, they don't think about what we demand, they only see their benefit, but pretty soon they find themselves in the cauldron and the in the bone mill...but don't worry Vicky, tee-hee. We agreed to harm none of the innocent and still have enough work. Let's just say, we rather face that vampire b~!~* than the wrath of Baba Yaga's daughter.

Terissa and Merca nod and you feel that the witches have openly described their motifs.

------------

On the tournament ground south of the city trumpets blazon once more and a large crowd has gathered to witness the horse mastery event.
The judges have set-up a pracour consisting of various forms of obstacles: hedges, low walls, brooks and oxers...

At the moment the riders ready their horses, waiting for the senior judge to declare the sequence of starting.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"...and grind their bones to make my bread" Victoria suggests knowingly. "I suspected it was something like that. For whom exactly or for what exactly was just the last piece of it all, and I must say it is all so refreshingly clear now. It's so lucky taht Aramais and his friends will be calling upon you soon and asking mightily of your magic then isn't it, I believe you will find a veritable cauldron full of vitae from that man, and innocent he is not. Consider him a gift".

"I take your warning as noted. I find the story that you can create vampires with your potions rather fascinating, and had I not the feeling it might be more trouble than its worth perhaps I'd have you brew me one of those potions too, perhaps in trade for your problem going away."

Victoria picks up as though to leave, and signals Cairn to do likewise.

"Perhaps this Vampire might be usefull, I already have a black dragon"


You will cause poor Cairn to suffer from a heart attack!


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

'Poor Cairn' has opted in to being the sharp end of the dark side of the party. Poor Cairn now has to do all the cold blooded killing work the others would shy away from; he's the new executioner, and it's going to be a bloody ride

"Hmmm I'm not sure mother would approve of me acquiring vampirism, regardless of how much power and influence it would grant me. Perhaps she would be so kind as to show her intentions and send forth her minions to aid us against the evils of Kronstein ridge. We will need all the help we can get lest I end up the governess of a pile of dead bodies"


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn had seen and done things that would turn the common man's stomach but these women's conversation almost had him looking for the door...I wonder of ole' Salvator knows what he's gotten me into this time?.. He figured that Vicky was just bluffing about the dragon to keep these witch's on their toes and he couldnt blame her there but to ponder taking a potion to become a vampire was a bit too much. He'd butchered men before..men that had it coming...but he'd never stewed them. He had some serious questions for his aunties when he got the time.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Sick of the pigeons trying to steal his bread, and not having found Solaric, Flofer heads back to the monastery.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Sense Motive 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Victoria gives Cairn a reassuring look as they depart the Sisterhood.
"How did you find that Cairn, surprising? Do you have any questions I might be able to answer to give you a touch more comfort? And most importantly, do you now have an appreciation for what is going on behind the scenes? Solaric and his ilk conduct their battles upon the stage to the raucous applause of the gathered audience, they benefit from bright lights and black and white dilemnas. Here we dwell behind the scenes, where there is no light, and the whole mess swims in a motley of grey. There can be no audience, and there can never be applause"


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn's normally steadily shifting eyes came to rest right on the Voctoria's and they held no guile.\ and didnt move while he spoke.

Surprising M'lady? Perhaps. I heard things in there that wouldve had my aunties waving warding gestures against demons and hexes and had my uncles checking for exits.

He consciously scanned their immediate vicinity for eavesdropppers before continuing.

Id say that I now have an appreciation for knowing what is going on behind the scenes. I have been out of town for some time and feel like a gaje...uh, an outsider. The Sczarni prefer to work in the background when a message doesnt need to be sent and we never, ever seek applause. Plus...I think I look better in grey.

The last is said with a conspiratorial smile.

Now, whats our next step in this plan? and who is Solaric?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"And now you consort with a Demon who casts Hexes, and there is no exit to be had." Victoria smiles gently. "We won't get applause from the gallery, no, but we will certainly do well for our efforts. Mine is a game of politics, my weapon is my mind, my armour is my planning, and soon my pieces in the game will align and I will gain the title and position my father sent me for. We are of a noble lineage, though things have fallen to ruin in the capital and I shall gain us title neighbouring Karkau, Jarovicha shall be mine."

"In the meantime, we are also the servants of Karkau, and we have our job to do in removing the treats to the common man and lower classes and provide them the protection the nobles must always provide them. More than just protection, it is also the role of the aristocracy to set them fine examples of behaviour, to fill them with hope, and to illustrate to them why they need the nobility and upper classes, and that is where dear Solaric comes in - he is a loyal servant of Iomedae, sworn to their branch of paladinhood and minister of her holy rites. He is a good friend, though he may never be permitted to look behind the curtain either"


Solaric looks over the course carefully, determining how best to approach each of the obstacles. He also looks for anything out of place on the track.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Patting the back and stroking the ears of his faithful horse, Dart, Solaric speaks gently to her. "We have a big ride ahead of us today, my good friend. We need to work as one today to see if we can win this next event. The countess and the good people of Karcau are counting on us!"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria heads back towards the stables, "Time for us to make Aramais go away"

Let me know when we get there...


While Solaric already inspects the course, Victoria and Cairn reach the stables. Two long buildings with dozzens of boxes for the horses. One of Aramis' servants, the one from the jousting contest, has just led Aramis mighty charger out of the stable.

------------

Solaric:

From the distance, one of the oxers does not look very sturdy, actually that thing is rather skew-whiff.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"...so anyway, if Armais finds out about the magical boons available from those ladies at the black Inn, he'd probably win this competition in a moment and have the Countess by nightfall, such an advantage! Would you believe the more you ask for the less you pay? I heard that you should just refuse all payment and ask for as much as you like..." Victoria utters to Cairn as they walk past the stablehand.


Solaric takes note of the oxers and proceeds to find the chief judge.

"Good morning, Sir. I was inspecting the course and it has come to my attention that one of the oxers looks weak and possibly damaged. For the safety and fairness of this event, could you kindly follow me and we inspect this together?"


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn easily caught on to Vicky's intent with the hired hand and added right onto the ruse.

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

...Id bet my whole purse on Armais if he did such a thing. Why my uncle Marko told me of a pair of potions he bought from those ladies. One to loosen the morals and spread the legs of a certain Count's daughter and two more that had the Count and Countess egging on the whole torid scene...and all bought for handful of silver. He said the ladies at the Black Inn can change the future ...


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Oh what a delicious scandal! Could you imagine how such potency could change the whole outcome of this event!? Surely such magics would be found out, so the utmost secrecy would need be kept... indeed maybe we should remain silent too, lest prying noble ears detect such a tale falling from our lips"


not more than some yards lie between you and the stablehand, but you can already hear him shouting for someone to take the reins of the horse. He hands the beast to another of Aramis' helpers and runs for the tents of the competitors...

----------

The senior judge furrows his brows but follows yoi imediately to the damaged oxer.

Indeed, this obstacle has been manipulated, see that: someone has sawed here and here...mhm...I'll have to call one of the carpenters, the start of the event will be delayed by half an hour.

he calls one of the barkers and soon the disappointed crowd also knows that horse mastery will be postponed.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

the ranger was about to keep the ruse going but stopped with a low chuckle as the hired hand ran off.

Seems the first step is a success M'lady. Now what? Your knight Solaric to Queen Four?


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

DMZ:
Please let me know when Johenric arrives at the tournament.


Solaric returns to the stables, pleased that he found the evidence of wrong doing. He brings Dart to a water trough to make sure she is well watered before the event. "It will not be long now, my dear." he says as he strokes her mane.

Spotting Victoria, Solaric calls out, "Countess! Over here, It is me, Solaric. I have not seen you in what feels like ages! How have you been faring, and who is this that accompanies you?"

"Have you been following the tournament? I have been doing well as you may have noticed. You will be pleased to hear that I have freed the Countess Lucretia Livgrace and arranged for her to help us face the evil the threatens us from the north. As you have encouraged me, I decided to keep an open mind and not judge her harshly based on appearances. She certainly did not give off any evil auras, so I felt confident that she could help us in our quest. Do you know much about her?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Dear Solaric! I was just down here admiring the horses at close quarters, and to perhaps get a feel for how the places are managed and conducted on tourney days, one never knows where ones duties might take them and what I might need to oversee; one day it might be my estate such an event is held on... I don't recall any fancy stables in Jarovicha, I will have to change that"

"How rude of me, Sir Solaric Zekkaran this is Mr Cairn Stern, Mr Stern, allow me to introduce you to Sir Zekkaran. Solaric, Cairn has agreed to assist me in some of the political matters around Karkau, he is a trusted friend of our associate Andreanu Salvatore and comes highly recommended".

"How fares the tournament?"


Victoria wrote:
"Dear Solaric! I was just down here admiring the horses at close quarters, and to perhaps get a feel for how the places are managed and conducted on tourney days, one never knows where ones duties might take them and what I might need to oversee;"

"Your grace, I can not see you ever working as a stable hand. Perhaps commanding a legion of horse handlers, yes, but not as a worker. Your talents are so much more suited for more important tasks than such menial labor."

Countess Victoria wrote:
"How rude of me, Sir Solaric Zekkaran this is Mr Cairn Stern, Mr Stern, allow me to introduce you to Sir Zekkaran. Solaric, Cairn has agreed to assist me in some of the political matters around Karkau, he is a trusted friend of our associate Andreanu Salvatore and comes highly recommended".

"Not at all, Countess! Well met, Mr. Stern. A friend of Victoria's is certainly a friend of mine. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. So you are a friend of Andreanu Salvatore? Salvatore has certainly helped us in time of great need. I'm sure you will be an asset to our company. Have you lived in Karcau for long or were you simply passing through for the tournament?"

Victoria wrote:
"How fares the tournament?"

"The Inheritor guides me and she is leading me toward victory. I thank her for the clear advantage she has given me thus far, but I must not relax, even with such a lead. The next few events are some of the hardest, and I am still convinced that treachery is afoot. Just a moment ago, I was inspecting the course and I discovered that one of the oxers was actually sawed in two. Consequently the horse mastery event has been delayed while they are preparing the course, but even so, I wonder if there are things out there that even I did not catch. I still cannot help but think that Aramis is behind this, but if you have a chance, perhaps you could look around the stables for the owner of a wood saw. Tell me, have you had a chance to see the Countess Livgrace? I am wondering how she is faring in all of this. I keep thinking of her and it fires me up to try even harder than I thought possible!"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Though a truly gifted commander takes the time to understand the finer details and tasks they oversee, so it is worth me seeing a fine example at work, never know when such a skill might be called upon, and I far prefer such tasks than the drudgery of needlepoint and other skills the vapid wives-to-be sit around collecting. To be a fine governess of an estate a woman must lend her mind to the rigours of administration, accounting, and keeping good records of affairs, affairs of the financial kind of course, those vacuuous women only understand the other sort"

"Excuse me, I was rambling. I will see if I can find you a wood saw. No doubt Aramais is behind all sorts of treachery, but clearly the Inheritor is guiding you true and wills it that you emerge triumphant, for that is the path of greatest good for Karkau. I have not had opportunity to catch the Countess, for I don't believe she is open to petition at the moment. If she was I would no doubt be with her as we speak, pressing petition for my claim on the lands of Jarovicha, as well as continuing to forward claim for your further recognition of knighthood that you may raise your own heraldry as a Knight-banneret"


Victoria wrote:
" If she was I would no doubt be with her as we speak, pressing petition for my claim on the lands of Jarovicha, as well as continuing to forward claim for your further recognition of knighthood that you may raise your own heraldry as a Knight-banneret"

"You truly are a remarkable woman, Victoria! Your service to me shall not be forgotten! I thank you for everything you have done for me and continue to do! Now, tell me, do you think that I will be in a bind without the recognition of knighthood? I mean, Sassandra Livgrace loves me and I love her. Once we are together, will any of that be an issue?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"It might be, it might not. She might well be able to take you as a consort, but as a husband? Recognition does two things, it allows you to raise your reputation in the eyes of the nobility as you will be a Knight fighting under your own banner and not that of the clergy you serve. It will also allow you to make a challenege against a certain few other nobles upon whom you'd like to see the shackles of justice placed...a certain Count Conwrest perhaps? You won't be able to do that without the right powers aligned."


"This is a good point, Victoria! I do hope Sassandra will grant my knighthood soon. I suppose I just presumed that she would recognize it herself and act according to her own heart right away. I did not think that I would actually need to ask her. My Inheritor, why are things so complicated?! The further I adventure and try to do right, the less black and white the issues become. I think everything I face is some shade of gray! Even as I think about my tale of Lucretia, the more I begin to second guess myself. I should not permit doubt to enter my heart, but the evil that faces this land is greater than anything these people have ever known. I just pray that I will have the strength and the courage to do what needs to be done when the moment of truth arrives! In the meantime, I will exercise my patience and faith that the Inheritor will see that all things turn out well! Thank you again for everything you have done."


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Nothing is automatic with the Aristocracy, there is always the drudgery of the minutiae, the neverending bureaucracy that the law demands we follow to ensure that true and proper records are kept and that all rank and title is accurately conferred. This is the complexity of my station, yours is very simple - take that sword of yours and drive off the enemies that would seek to pull this system down and usurp rule for their own ends"


Johenric:

Now you're there.

---------------

The senior judge interrupts your conversation when he commands

The obstacles are repaired now. Every knight should go to their horses now, there is slight change of sequence, Solaric Zekkaran will start since Aramis de Voisseur has postponed his starting due to feeling not very well at the moment.

One of the squires working for the tournament organisators approaches Solaric and asks

Sir, are you ready? Then please follow me to the starting line.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria watches to see if her 'comments' about the sisters that she and Cairn dropped might be being acted upon. "We may need to send a few messenger birds Cairn"


"I'm sorry to cut our visit short, but I hear my calling, both within and without." Solaric smiles. "Fare well, Victoria! We are nearly there." Solaric gives her a quick if not awkward embrace and then turns to Cairn and offers to shake his hand, "Mr. Stern, it was nice to meet you. Good luck with the work! May the Inheritor be with you!"

After saying his farewells, Solaric takes Dart and returns to the squires. "Yes, I'm nearly ready. Just help me remove my armor for this event. I will need it later, so please keep it safe for me for the time being."

Once his armor is removed, he easily mounts his faithful horse and rides her to the starting gate at a quick walk.

"Easy girl, we are almost there now!" He says as he pats her neck. Arriving at the head of the course he declares himself, "I Solaric Zekkaran have arrived! Kindly tell me the route."


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn was more than pleased that Victoria had introduced him correctly and knew that once again Salvatore had lead him straight.

It is a pleasure to make your acquaintence Sir Solaric. Im looking forward to speaking to you more. I wish you good luck with this day's event. Fare you well.

Pigeons you say M'lady?

6,151 to 6,200 of 8,249 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.