Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


12,151 to 12,199 of 12,199 << first < prev | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | next > last >>

Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:

Perception Merle

1d20 + 5

Perception seph

1d20 + 5

Seph:

Spoiler:
Seph notices that there is a human woman in the corner scribbling something in a small book. She seems to be looking at the Silver Rose table quite a bit

Bribes always welcome
Karrin Kind wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Roll me a Perception please Karrin

Bwhahaha, perception?

[dice=Perception]1d20-1

Karrin notes a sausage that somehow missed her plate. She quickly rectifies the situation


male Catfolk

Seph finds a secluded area to change to cat form and gos for a closer looks

Stealth 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


Female Human Cavalier 8 (Order of the Dragon)

Wearily making her way back to the Copper Cauldon, Rhiannon seeks a warm meal and a hot bath.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

After quickly washing up and changing, Isaac has his usual oatmeal with fruit and nuts. He washes it down with a morning beer.
Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
I hear every conversation in the entire bar. Maybe one or two out in the street.


Bribes always welcome

Isaac :

Spoiler:
Issac hears a pair of dirty-faced berks in the corner planning a heist in hushed tones. A Baatorian wood weevil munches in the panel near his head. A young lady with dark hair and a warm woolen sweater on scratches in a small book. She watches the room, but her gaze lingers on the table Issac sits at


Bribes always welcome
Rhiannon d'Deneith wrote:
Wearily making her way back to the Copper Cauldon, Rhiannon seeks a warm meal and a hot bath.

Rhiannon makes her way to the table, busying herself with a fresh loaf and sausages. She signals to Bess' son Daeroth and flips him a few silvers to get the bath water boiling


Bribes always welcome
Seph Barer wrote:

Seph finds a secluded area to change to cat form and gos for a closer looks

Stealth 1d20 + 16

The woman looks unremarkable. Dressed in a sweater and a knee-length skirt, she could pass for any number of shop girls from hereabouts. She scribbles in a small book with a sharpened twig, and a large Cager cloak and a tam-o-shanter knit cap lay on the bench beside her.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Isaac finishes his breakfast and starts rolling a cigarette. He takes a walk over to the hearth to light it up, taking a glance across the tables.

DM:

Spoiler:
I'd like to see if I can get a glance at what the woman's writing without tipping her off. Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36


Bribes always welcome

Issac:

Spoiler:
Issac leans down to light his cigarette, then straightens, casting a casual eye over to a steel buckler hung on the rafters that is polished mirror bright. He knows Bess and her children use it to help them get a better view of the common room when it is crowded. He can see the woman's book, it seems to be in some sort of cramped shorthand. There are also some sketches that look a lot like Issac, Karrin, Merle, and Rhiannon.


Human Wiz 8

Dangit! Write a long post, and ONE friggin wrong click of a mouse button and you lose it all! ;P

Justin looked up at the cloak wrapped shape at the top of the short stairs to his apartment. He wasn't used to having to look UP to many people. And as the dirty rain snuck past his hood and into his eyes, he found it particularly annoying.

'Great. Just Great. I got a bad feeling about this.'

'WHY are you always so pessimistic?!' Demanded his inner voice.

'Because it's easier than being optimistic. And the odds are in my favor. And I'm usually right.' Justin retorted smugly.

',...!,... Hmph.' his inner voice responded wittily.

Justin's inner child grinned gleefully and blew his inner voice a raspberry, even as Justin prepared himself for whoever, or whatever, this was. With the way his luck ran, Justin was betting on some sort of demonic tax collector. The kind that kissed you and made you WANT to sell your soul to pay off your debts.

Still, she HAD asked politely to speak to him. And he did still keep his investigators shingle up, even though he hadn't taken many cases since teaming up with the Silver Rose. He mused that there may be a few women who wanted to kill him, (Visions of Karrin's 'Training Sessions' ran screaming through his mind), But offhand he couldn't think of any that he had ticked off.
Recently.

Justin reigned back his prepared Snark-Zilla attack. Being nice wouldn't hurt him. Much. And there were things in Sigil that could kill you if you annoyed them for no reason. Or even with reason. Justin was discovering that there were a multitude of creatures that could kill him if they took a liking to the idea. No need to go looking for trouble if it was already looking for him.

Besides, if the conversation went south, he could always release Snark-Zilla later. You know, between the screaming and cries of pain. He had a reputation to maintain after all.

And besides, she probably was just a hopeful client. It would be rude to turn her down without even talking to her.

Dangit. One day his being a gentleman was going to get him killed. He sincerely hoped it wouldn't be today.

Justin smiled, trying not to get any of the dark rainwater in his mouth. "Talk? Certainly. Why don't we step into my office?" he said politely and cheerfully, indicating the wide if narrow front porch of the apartment building with one arm, while his other hand went into his coat pocket. This allowed Justin to pull his long coat tighter against the rain, and let him have one hand on some spell components, just in case.
Justin was a gentleman, not an idiot.

The buildings front porch was hardly the Silver Rose offices, but offered shelter from the worst of the rain. It was also a convenient, and polite, way to grant the requested chat without inviting an unidentified creature into his dwelling.

"You seem to have me at a disadvantage, Miss,...???" Justin added, taking a slow step upwards. He allowed the question to hang there.


Bribes always welcome

The cloak-wrapped woman steps back from the stairway and heads to the narrow porch of the ancient boarding house. The rain falls in a curtain off the splintered wood porch roof, pattering among the odds and ends clustered on the side of the building.

The woman lifts her cloak, revealing a young face. A curly mop of unruly black hair frames a caramel-colored face with an odd patterning of white dot tattoos about large limpid black eyes. Several piercings wink at her upper ears and nose. Two large gold hoops hang from her lower ears. Her lips are colored with a glossy black lip paint. A necklace of silver skulls hangs about her slender neck.

DC Perception 10:

Spoiler:
Her large cloak is fastened with an Athar faction symbol

the woman nods as Justin approaches

"My name is Dee. I have some information that might be of great interest to you if you have some time to hear me out"


Human Wiz 8

Per: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Justin followed the young lady to the porch, noting offhand that she was young and attractive, in a scary, gothic sort of way. He admired the tattoo dots on her face, and the flash of the skull jewelry almost caused him to unconsciously reach for the skull-motif longsword he wore under his coat, a flash of concern that perhaps the previous owners friend had come to reclaim it.

When he saw her cloak clasp, that brief irrational fear swiftly faded. But it also caused Justin to grow genuinely, if cautiously, curious. He doubted that any of the Athar faction would have much concern over the removal of the particular dark priestess from whom he had claimed the magic blade. But he now wondered exactly what an Athar would think he might find interesting?

True, Justin was hardly a religious man, but he had been on the receiving end of far too much healing magic, most of it quite recently, to even pretend that he did not appreciate the Powers. Justin raised an eyebrow as he realized that he had been successfully drawn in.

Justin cast another glance along the street, making sure that she did not have a 'friend' waiting to sneak up behind him, and smiled at her.

Perception (Safety check): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"Well Dee, It is a pleasure to meet you. I confess that you have captured my attention." He admitted as he pulled back his own hood.

"What exactly can I do for you?"


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

Nari stepped into the Cauldron and shook out her cloak as much as possible and made sure to scrape the mud off of her boots, so as to create as little mess as possible as she walked into the common room. She carefully made her way to the table where her friends were sitting.

"Sorry I'm late. I got so caught up in what I was reading I lost track of time. I didn't even realize it was morning," she said, blushing.

She reached over and took an apple from a bowl on the table...or something mostly resembling an apple anyways. Close enough to make no difference. Since she had changed she found food less necessary than previously, but she still enjoyed the taste of fruit.

"Did I miss anything important?"


Female Human Cavalier 8 (Order of the Dragon)

"Not that much. Just looking forward to a long hot bath as soon as I'm done eating." Rhiannon says smiling at Nari


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Isaac flicks his cigarette into the ash bin and quietly sidles up to the young sketch artist.
"Oi, cutter- my ears ain't really that big, are they? A trig drawing, of course, a spittin' image- I'm just a tad bit self conscientious if ye kennit."


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:

"Well Dee, It is a pleasure to meet you. I confess that you have captured my attention." He admitted as he pulled back his own hood.

"What exactly can I do for you?"

Justin scans the dark, damp street, but he senses no one lurking about

Dee unclasps her cloak, revealing a purple and black dress/bustier combo that seems optimized for free movement. A golden octopus with ruby eyes secures another chain if skulls, these wrapping her waist

"It's more what I can do for you, Mr. Case. I have some intel you might want to know about."

She eyes the lanky wizard speculatively

"have you come across any strange magical artifacts lately?"


Bribes always welcome
Isaac wrote:

Isaac flicks his cigarette into the ash bin and quietly sidles up to the young sketch artist.

"Oi, cutter- my ears ain't really that big, are they? A trig drawing, of course, a spittin' image- I'm just a tad bit self conscientious if ye kennit."

The woman starts, snapping the book shut

"Oh! I'm sorry, you startled me!"

She stands and hold out a hand

"Serafina Delgado, field reporter for the Sharper Eye"

DC 10 Know (local):

Spoiler:
The Sharper Eye is a tabloid newspaper that chronicles happening about Sigil. It focuses on the stranger news items, of which there are plenty on a regular basis


Human Wiz 8
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Dee unclasps her cloak, revealing a purple and black dress/bustier combo that seems optimized for free movement. A golden octopus with ruby eyes secures another chain if skulls, these wrapping her waist

"It's more what I can do for you, Mr. Case. I have some intel you might want to know about."

She eyes the lanky wizard speculatively

"have you come across any strange magical artifacts lately?"

Justin reluctantly kept his glance from lingering on Dee's slim waist and decolletage.

At Dee's question, Justin blinked, and considered a swift number of responses which ranged from 'Whut?' to 'Fireball!'. He settled for the simplest. A truthful, if generally non-disclosing, response.

Justin tossed his head back and laughed.

"Well, That depends upon how you define 'recent' I suppose." He smiled at Dee, obviously finding humor in the question.

"Without breaking any Client privacy privileges, I can say that in the last few weeks I've run into my fair share of overpowered enchanted items recently, yes. Why?" He asks, still grinning.

"Wait,... Better yet, maybe you should start by defining 'Strange'." He adds suddenly, lifting an eyebrow.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Isaac shakes her hand.
"Isaac, though I reckon ye already know that eh? Lann me the Chant, cutter, are ye doin' a story about little old us?"


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9
Rhiannon d'Deneith wrote:
"Not that much. Just looking forward to a long hot bath as soon as I'm done eating." Rhiannon says smiling at Nari

"Ah, the ultimate luxury, and the one most easily taken for granted by those who don't regularly spend time slogging through mud and sleeping on the ground," she said, returning the smile.

"Did we find out anything useful in the library? I'm afraid I wandered off too soon to know for sure."


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
"Wait,... Better yet, maybe you should start by defining 'Strange'." He adds suddenly, lifting an eyebrow.

Dee grins wryly, pushing a lock of unruly hair from her face

"There is talk of a rod that steals beauty from an item and transforms it into a potion. It's been discussed in certain circles since it appeared in the Cage. Now certain folks know it is back in Sigil. The wolves circle."

Dee's smile fades

"I don't like to see certain folks prosper. I think what they have planned is bad for pretty much everybody but themselves. Which is what brings me to your door this Before Peak."


Bribes always welcome
Isaac wrote:

Knowledge (local): 1d20+6

Isaac shakes her hand.
"Isaac, though I reckon ye already know that eh? Lann me the Chant, cutter, are ye doin' a story about little old us?"

Serafina blushes

"Umm, well, actually, yes. I was intrigued by some stories some of my contacts in the Hive have told me. I was told by a certain source that you were involved in that unpleasant Xaositect riot by the Mortuary a few cycles back?"


Human Wiz 8
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Dee grins wryly, pushing a lock of unruly hair from her face

"There is talk of a rod that steals beauty from an item and transforms it into a potion. It's been discussed in certain circles since it appeared in the Cage. Now certain folks know it is back in Sigil. The wolves circle."

Dee's smile fades

"I don't like to see certain folks prosper. I think what they have planned is bad for pretty much everybody but themselves. Which is what brings me to your door this Before Peak."

K:Local check, what does Justin know of the 'Wolves Circle'?

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Huh. Yeah. I'd call that 'Strange'." Justin agrees noncommittally as he ransacks his memory for any mention the 'Wolves Circle'.

"Sounds like they aren't exactly friends of yours. What's going on? Seems like everyone in this place has been scheming to get one up on everyone else in the place since long before I got here. What's this group got planned that's so much worse than anything else going on this cycle?"


Bribes always welcome

it was a metaphor. The wolves circle you :)

Dee looks grave

"These people are aligned with the realm that lies beyond nightmares. They traffic in things that shouldn't exist here. They aren't even people, not like we'd reckon them."

Dee gives Justin a level look, curls framing dark brown eyes

"This item steals beauty from the world, but did you ever ask why? Why someone felt that was necessary?"


Human Wiz 8

Wolves circle me? Facepalm. Seriously. ;P (MAN I'm slow lately!)

Justin frowns slightly. He has the grace to look a trifle uncomfortable.

"I deal more with the 'how' than the 'why' sister." He says gruffly, a poor excuse and he knows it. He makes a wry face.

"I figured it was just another archmage wannabe mucking about with things because he could. Or because he was a homely fellow and figured out how to get a date without having to resort to a charm spell. Your telling me there's some kind of grand conspiracy behind the,... thing? A grand plan to do what? Fill the world with homely people?"

Justin raises a skeptical eyebrow.

"No offense Dee. I believe more weird things before breakfast than most Sigilites do all day. But you have to admit that sounds a bit, far fetched."

Despite his words, Justin seems bothered by a thought.

"Realm beyond nightmares? I've heard, stories,... They're different on various planes. Different names and such. But there are always certain stories that share characteristics no matter where you go. Vampires are almost universal, for example, and various undead. And, then there are the things that if the stories are even half true, would give nightmares to nightmares."

Justin takes a breath, and mans up.

"Alright. I'll bite. Why WOULD someone feel that stealing beauty from the world was necessary?"


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Isaac wrote:

Knowledge (local): 1d20+6

Isaac shakes her hand.
"Isaac, though I reckon ye already know that eh? Lann me the Chant, cutter, are ye doin' a story about little old us?"

Serafina blushes

"Umm, well, actually, yes. I was intrigued by some stories some of my contacts in the Hive have told me. I was told by a certain source that you were involved in that unpleasant Xaositect riot by the Mortuary a few cycles back?"

"Mayhaps, cutter. Our clients tend to prize discretion, ye tumble? But, since ye asked nicely and all..."

Think of a lie, think of a lie... something plausible... muddy the waters... Hive Factions- the Bleakers? Maybe the Harmonium?
"... between you and me, the dark of it is that the Bleakers got wind the Chaosmen had been plannin' to cause a right bit o' trouble at the Mortuary. The Bleakers, bein' the... altruistic sods they are asked us to intervene, ye know, make sure the status quo weren't disturbed-like. And of course minimize casualties and such. A professional third party like the Silver Rose can intervene a little easier (and quieter) than a faction gang, ye kennit?"
Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Ye didn't hear this from my bone-box rattlin', though, okay cutter?", Isaac adds with a conspiratorial wink.


Bribes always welcome

Dee snorts laughter at Justin's hypothetical homely archmage

Justin Case wrote:
"Alright. I'll bite. Why WOULD someone feel that stealing beauty from the world was necessary?"

Dee purses her Ebon-painted lips

"I'm pretty sure that the beauty stealing is a kind of side effect. It's the steam you can see coming off hot water. That item is a fuel cell for an ancient type of magical construct"

She hesitates, chewing her lip absently

"Are you familiar with the term 'Chaositech'?"


Bribes always welcome
Issac wrote:
"Ye didn't hear this from my bone-box rattlin', though, okay cutter?", Isaac adds with a conspiratorial wink.

DM:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Serafina writes a few notes in her book

"Interesting. Why were the Xaositecs causing trouble with the Dead? Aside from general orneriness? "


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

"Well, ye know how boneboxes rattle in the Cage, eh? Thaddeus tells Mort, Mort tells Shen'ai and 'fore ye know it the whole Cage has a fool notion. What I heard, cutter- and ye know the rumor mill eh? I heard that with the quantity o' deaders round the Cage, some o' the Dusties were considering pushing out from the Mortuary and expanding more into the Hive. Now, you know the Bleakers and the Dead are a pair- so who's left in the Hive? Now, true or not, that's plenty to get the Chaosmen's dog's barkin'."


Bribes always welcome

Serafina smiles

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time the Dustmen and the Chaosboys squared off. Were you in the thick of things? I heard there was quite a ruckus. There was some loose talk one of the gates to the Mortuary were overrun"


Human Wiz 8
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Dee purses her Ebon-painted lips

"I'm pretty sure that the beauty stealing is a kind of side effect. It's the steam you can see coming off hot water. That item is a fuel cell for an ancient type of magical construct"

She hesitates, chewing her lip absently

"Are you familiar with the term 'Chaositech'?"

Justin admires Dee's lip-pursing skills. Purely as an admirer of the art form, of course.

Justin idly wonders what Skyy would look like with ebon-painted lips. Sigil knows she's tried every OTHER color under the rainbow.

Pulling his head OUT of the gutter, with great reluctance, Justin tilts his head. "That's actually a very good translation of magical theory into common-speak. Are you a practitioner?" He asks politely, his brain working,...

Knowledge:Arcana: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

"Chaositech? That sounds, familiar."


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Serafina smiles

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time the Dustmen and the Chaosboys squared off. Were you in the thick of things? I heard there was quite a ruckus. There was some loose talk one of the gates to the Mortuary were overrun"

Isaac nods.

"Aye, right in the thick of it. As far as breaking things, I'd reckon only the Sinkers are better- the Chaosmen tore through the gate and we got back inside. But I'm not at liberty to say much else, cutter."


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:

...Pulling his head OUT of the gutter, with great reluctance, Justin tilts his head. "That's actually a very good translation of magical theory into common-speak. Are you a practitioner?" He asks politely, his brain working,...

Knowledge:Arcana: d20+16

"Chaositech? That sounds, familiar."

Justin has come across the term in several of the tomes he has bought in the book stalls of Ragpickers Square. Mostly dealing with a form of magical items and weaponry that got their juice from sources that were not often discussed. The Multiverse was a big place, and out beyond that vastness in the strange alien dimensions were...things. Old things. Vastly powerful things. Things some people considered godlike.

Dee smiles

"Not your kind of practicioning, no. I was raised in an extended family here in the Cage. We..well, they believe that if they pray and make sacrifice to the Sleeping One, he will remain asleep. My mother is high priestess. I fell away from the cult, and I joined the Athar. Now I believe in myself and my inner divine nature grants me spells, no intercession needed from a power."

Dee smiles wider and gestures at her garb, heavy on the black, purple, skull, and octopus themes.

"I still keep up the traditional priestess outfit. It keeps Mom happy, and it's a signature look in the Cage. "

Dee's smile fades

"The thing is, my family is tuned into a lot of things on the ancient god side of things. A group of real strange cutters that call themselves the Node are real excited about that item you have. They've attempted reaching out to almost anyone to help them obtain it"

Dee shivers, clutching her arms about her

"These Node berks are ... Wrong. They've done something to themselves. They don't act like normal folks, not even abnormal folks. They seem like something pretending to be a normal cutter, but not really knowing what normal folk act like. I can't explain it, but they are very weird, and very strong."


Bribes always welcome
Isaac wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Serafina smiles

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time the Dustmen and the Chaosboys squared off. Were you in the thick of things? I heard there was quite a ruckus. There was some loose talk one of the gates to the Mortuary were overrun"

Isaac nods.

"Aye, right in the thick of it. As far as breaking things, I'd reckon only the Sinkers are better- the Chaosmen tore through the gate and we got back inside. But I'm not at liberty to say much else, cutter."

Serafina nods

"Oh I completely understand, client privilege and all that. I'm just fascinated that you could get in the middle of what ended up one of the biggest riots in the Hive has seen in years. Did you intervene against the Dustmen or the Xaositecs? I admit I'm a little confused as to whom the Bleakers would have you assist. "


Bribes always welcome

Everyone else, state any action after breakfast. You are all pretty tired, having not slept

Daerroth runs to Rhiannon and alerts her that her bath is ready. More food piles up on the table, savory quiches and pasties with a pitcher of orange juice and fresh kaveh.


Human Wiz 8

Justin nods as Dee explains her current status, and shows off her outfit.

"That is a good look." He agrees straight-faced.

Hey, who is he to argue with fashion?

Justin turns serious when Dee does. He's no mind reader. In fact people skills is not his strong suit, as he tends to trust what he wishes was true than what people actually are. But he likes this young lady. He desperately hopes that he reading her right.

Sense Motive:(Perception?) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Obviously, Justin is more distracted by Dee's outfit than he realizes,...

Justin snorts.

"Huh, 'Reached out to almost anyone' is right." He grumbles, recalling his unpleasant encounter with the cranium rats.

Justin looks at Dee, and becomes thoughtful.

"So, your family worships, or at least seeks to keep appeased, an ancient old god, presumably so he won't wake up and eat everyone. SO it goes to reason that you've seen and heard a lot of strange things. After all we're discussing the the existence of a magical artifact capable of draining people and possibly powering an ancient construct. And your talking about it like most folks talk about a day at work. You know what that tells me?"

Justin leans in towards Dee, his face close, his eyes wide.

"These Nodes must be some scary Berks."


Bribes always welcome

Dee nods

"Which is why I thought I'd drop by and let you know. Forewarned is forearmed after all. Plus those creeps give me the willies."

She looks up at Justin

"This bit of info is a freebie. You didn't ask, I offered. I did it because it seemed the right thing, and I usually trust my gut in these matters"

She dons her heavy cloak

"I've got an appointment I can't miss. Timed portal, and my crew is waiting on me. Good luck Mr. Case"

Dee heads out off the rickety porch into the rain


Human Wiz 8

Justin nods.

"I appreciate that Ms. Dee. I look forward to returning the favor one day." He says, tugging his forelock in lieu of a hat.

"Good luck." He offers sincerely as she steps off the porch into the rain. He watches her go, takes a casual look around, then sighs deeply.

"I am too young to be this d@#n tired." He grouses.

Justin flips up the corner of his own hood, steps swiftly through the rain to his basement entrance, grouses as he kicks some debris clear of the tiny gutter, again, unlocks his door and steps inside.

"Hey Skyy! Your not going to believe the day I've had!" He says cheerfully as he closes and locks the door behind him.

'I need food. And a nap. and probably not in that order. And now I have more good news to tell the Roses. I wonder,... maybe I should see Murphy. See if she's heard anything about these 'Nodes'. Last I heard she was off vampire-nest hunting or something. My lil' beauty-draining/transfer Artifact is actually a key to world conquest and a Mythic Construct, Wanted by not-Berks for said conquest, and we just happen to be holding a tiny fragment of a former Power's Power. How convenient. Argh. My brain hurts.'

Justin is a trifle distracted. But he PLANS on spending some time with Skyy, then a nap, then probably back to the Rose. He has questions, and information. So at least he has a starting point.


Bribes always welcome

Justin makes to the door, which is thrown open. A scantily-clad Skyy stands before him, her normally pale blue skin a dangerous shade of purple. She regards Justin with a glare

"So you are out traipsing around all Antipeak and when I am about to greet you you turn around and go have a little rendezvous with some Dustie chippie?"


Female catfolk sorceror 9

Merle digs in briefly wondering what Seph and Isaac find so fasinating.


Human Wiz 8
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Justin makes to the door, which is thrown open. A scantily-clad Skyy stands before him, her normally pale blue skin a dangerous shade of purple. She regards Justin with a glare

"So you are out traipsing around all Antipeak and when I am about to greet you you turn around and go have a little rendezvous with some Dustie chippie?"

Justin's grin never falters. Although his heart skips a beat.

Partially because of Skyy's state of dress. Or nearly so.

Partially because the Air Genesai currently resembles a storm cloud.

"Wow. You are gorgeous when your angry." He smiles.

"Easy Thunderbolt. She was just a possible client. Wanted to trade a little information. And that's ALL she wanted to trade."

"And besides, since she caught me by surprise I thought it would be better to have the meet on the porch, you know, out in the open, instead of inviting her inside. And Since I didn't know if you were awake or,... dressed." Justin says, gazing frankly at Skyy's outfit with obvious approval.

"Besides, you know your all I can handle. Now If YOU want to invite her in next time, That's fine. But I don't think she's your type. Unless your into some things you haven't shared with me yet?" He waggles his eyebrows hopefully.

With a cry somewhere between a shout of anger and a roar of laughter, Skyy throws herself at Justin. The mage dodges the initial attack and turns to run towards the relative safety of the bedroom, but is tackled by a flying Skyy before he is halfway there. He had forgotten how quick she was.

Justin thought that the ensuing wrestling match would have been a lot more comfortable if he had at least made it to the couch.

"Ow! Hey! Watch it!"

"No, seriously, I'm still bruised from the,.. OW!"

"I'm trying to tell you, we were fighting a AAHH!"

"I take it back! Your more than I can handle! MORE!"

It's times like this that Justin seriously reconsidered obtaining a familiar. He could use a messenger to tell the Rose crew that he would be,... detained for a bit,...


Female Human Cavalier 8 (Order of the Dragon)

"Not to my knowledge, Rhiannon replies to Nari as she finishes a bite. Nut I'm sure Justin might have found something." She looks at the Elan in her new form.

"So what is it like? Being free of the other part to be fully yourself?"


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Serafina smiles

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time the Dustmen and the Chaosboys squared off. Were you in the thick of things? I heard there was quite a ruckus. There was some loose talk one of the gates to the Mortuary were overrun"

Isaac nods.

"Aye, right in the thick of it. As far as breaking things, I'd reckon only the Sinkers are better- the Chaosmen tore through the gate and we got back inside. But I'm not at liberty to say much else, cutter."

Serafina nods

"Oh I completely understand, client privilege and all that. I'm just fascinated that you could get in the middle of what ended up one of the biggest riots in the Hive has seen in years. Did you intervene against the Dustmen or the Xaositecs? I admit I'm a little confused as to whom the Bleakers would have you assist. "

"We was there to see the Dead, so we were holdin' the gates with them while we could, least till less addle-pated coves could prevail. What the Bleakers wanted- well, ye'll have to get it from them if they ain't too depressed to palaver today."


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9
Rhiannon d'Deneith wrote:

"Not to my knowledge, Rhiannon replies to Nari as she finishes a bite. Nut I'm sure Justin might have found something." She looks at the Elan in her new form.

"So what is it like? Being free of the other part to be fully yourself?"

Nari paused to consider the question. "Strange," she said with a shrug. "It's the first time I've been alone in my own head since I was a small child. The outer changes still catch me by surprise sometimes, but they're not really the biggest changes. I...used to lean on Sanna a lot when things got rough. It wasn't a good habit considering she isn't exactly the most moral person. But I had it stuck in my head that I was too weak and too scared to actually take care of myself. And she was always so sure of herself...which is also odd in hindsight. She was supposed to be a sort of copy of my father, but it didn't take quite right. It seemed like the longer things went on the more her personality got...bent? stretched? I'm not sure of the right word. She was still mostly psychotic, even at the end, but I think that there's a good chance that I changed her more than she changed me if that makes any sense. Or I could be just being overly optimistic to try and make myself feel better for releasing her and letting her loose on the multiverse...not sure which," she said with an apologetic smile. "Anyways, since she's been gone, I find that I am more capable than I gave myself credit for. And once in a while I find myself forgetting to be afraid."

"Sorry, that may have been a longer explanation than you were looking for."


Female Human Cavalier 8 (Order of the Dragon)

"No it was perfect." Rhiannon says with a smile. "And having seen you both with and without her influence, you're far more capable than you give yourself credit for."


Bribes always welcome

I'm going to retconn something a bit, just to get the ball rolling and set the stage for post-Labor Day

Ramona brings a scroll tube up to the table

"folks, this came addressed to your company this evening. "

The scroll tube is a sturdy leather job. It's top is sealed with a wax blot imprinted with a sigil of a "Y" with a surrounding writing 'Crux. Polis. Yggdrasil.'

Contents:

Spoiler:
a scroll of parchment is revealed once the seal is broken. Upon it a message is written in a precise hand

"To the Silver Rose Company. I know you have helped us before with the evil that has vexed this town, I am hopeful you can help us again. We fear there are still evil beings lurking among us. If you are willing to help us again I am prepared to pay you handsomely. I hope that perhaps you can help us be rid of this curse once and for all. If you are wiling to help there is a small portal that leads to Yggdrasil. In the Plaza of Time off Plague Court in the Lady's Ward, seek the Tower of Penates. It's mistress, Vlrc, will show you if you let her read this missive. "

The letter is signed in a neat flourish

Veridis Mov


Bribes always welcome
Isaac wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Serafina smiles

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time the Dustmen and the Chaosboys squared off. Were you in the thick of things? I heard there was quite a ruckus. There was some loose talk one of the gates to the Mortuary were overrun"

Isaac nods.

"Aye, right in the thick of it. As far as breaking things, I'd reckon only the Sinkers are better- the Chaosmen tore through the gate and we got back inside. But I'm not at liberty to say much else, cutter."

Serafina nods

"Oh I completely understand, client privilege and all that. I'm just fascinated that you could get in the middle of what ended up one of the biggest riots in the Hive has seen in years. Did you intervene against the Dustmen or the Xaositecs? I admit I'm a little confused as to whom the Bleakers would have you assist. "

"We was there to see the Dead, so we were holdin' the gates with them while we could, least till less addle-pated coves could prevail. What the Bleakers wanted- well, ye'll have to get it from them if they ain't too depressed to palaver today."

Serafina closes her book and smiles.

"Thank you so much for talking to me Ser Issac. I apologize for not approaching you sooner, but I wanted to observe you before speaking to you. A lot of cutters clam up when a quiller quizzes them"

She glances to the big table

"Is there any chance I could talk to the rest of your crewe?"


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Serafina smiles

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time the Dustmen and the Chaosboys squared off. Were you in the thick of things? I heard there was quite a ruckus. There was some loose talk one of the gates to the Mortuary were overrun"

Isaac nods.

"Aye, right in the thick of it. As far as breaking things, I'd reckon only the Sinkers are better- the Chaosmen tore through the gate and we got back inside. But I'm not at liberty to say much else, cutter."

Serafina nods

"Oh I completely understand, client privilege and all that. I'm just fascinated that you could get in the middle of what ended up one of the biggest riots in the Hive has seen in years. Did you intervene against the Dustmen or the Xaositecs? I admit I'm a little confused as to whom the Bleakers would have you assist. "

"We was there to see the Dead, so we were holdin' the gates with them while we could, least till less addle-pated coves could prevail. What the Bleakers wanted- well, ye'll have to get it from them if they ain't too depressed to palaver today."

Serafina closes her book and smiles.

"Thank you so much for talking to me Ser Issac. I apologize for not approaching you sooner, but I wanted to observe you before speaking to you. A lot of cutters clam up when a quiller quizzes them"

She glances to the big table

"Is there any chance I could talk to the rest of your crewe?"

Isaac smiles, as sincerely as he can manage.

"P'rhaps another time, cutter. We just pulled a long haul this anti-peak and my bashers ain't exactly at top form yet- give us some time teh settle business, see, and maybe the rest o' the team'll take a shine to rattlin' their boneboxes."

He shakes the young lady's hand.
"Good teh make yer acquaintanceship, Serafina. I'll see ye 'round the ring, so to to speak.", Isaac says before returning to the table to finish his beer.

12,151 to 12,199 of 12,199 << first < prev | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.