Grine

Spaarky's page

Organized Play Member. 363 posts (365 including aliases). 1 review. No lists. 1 wishlist. 14 Organized Play characters. 1 alias.


RSS

1 to 50 of 363 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Those in AZ might be able to get them at the Battle Foam offices in Gilbert, AZ.

Scarab Sages

Just a quick FYI all of the remaining scenarios for season 6 and the 1 for season 7 are now on the warhorn global catalog.

Scarab Sages

Emerald Spire no longer gives the individual levels to report, its just listed as emerald spire now. Was this supposed to be this way?

Scarab Sages

The FAQ Specifically states that you "apply the effects", not that you use your "unarmed damage in place of". Even the feat states that you "apply the effects to your natural attack" not that you use your unarmed damage for your natural attack, so you are still making a natural attack and not an unarmed attack, you keep misquoting and misrepresenting them in your argument. Your logic about the chart you look at makes no sense in this context. Maybe you were not around for the second faq, but the entire reason that FAQ was put there was because people were stating that the enhanced damage from the unarmed attack would not be applied on the natural attack damage with the feat.

Scarab Sages

Avoron wrote:

This sentence, I think, is the real issue:

"her Claw Damage becomes 1d8 just like her unarmed strike does"

I don't think that this is supported in the rules. The FAQ that was answered was "Does this allow me to use my monk unarmed damage with the selected natural attack?"
And the answer was yes.

So it's still your unarmed damage that you're dealing, you can just deal it when you hit with your natural attack. It doesn't become your "claw damage," or else the FAQ would say so.

It isn't your unarmed damage, it is the <insert natural attack here> dmg.

Lets look at the feat:

Quote:

Choose one of your natural weapons. While using the selected natural weapon, you can apply the effects of feats that have Improved Unarmed Strike as a prerequisite, as well as effects that augment an unarmed strike."

This does not say you are using unarmed dmg it says: "When using the selected natural weapon

Now lets look at the FAQ:

Quote:

Feral Combat Training and Unarmed Strike Damage: Does this allow me to use my monk unarmed damage with the selected natural attack?

Yes. The feat says you can apply "effects that augment an unarmed strike," and the monk's increased unarmed damage counts as such.

Nowhere does it state or even imply that you are using your unarmed damage, it says you apply "the effects". The FAQ is just to clarify that in addition to the things listed on the feat you also get to add the dmg "effect" from your unarmed strike when you deal claw damage. As was stated above you are modifying your claw dmg from 2 different sources.

Scarab Sages

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Thanks for the hard work on this document. I have found it a very helpful resource for my current Wrath Game (they are currently in book 4). I Converted the word document to PDF and added bookmarks to help find things more efficiently. The document can be found here.

Scarab Sages

Also if you are traveling a lot there is a site that has all known lodges on it, as well as some cool blogs. It is Pathfinder Society.net

Scarab Sages

You might want to check this site out it has a nice map that shows you where/how most places communicate for pfs. It also has some other cool stuff on it too.

Scarab Sages

You might also check out Pathfinder Society.net They have several blogs about the stories for each season, different countries and how they relate and a host of other very useful blog posts.

Scarab Sages

Who is it? :D

Scarab Sages

Glad you like it. Our map accuracy is only as good as the information we have at hand. I have added the Ireland Lodge, and will fix the submission block so it isn't as confusing.

Scarab Sages

Let me fix that for you ;P

If we are missing something for a location feel free to let us know.

Scarab Sages

Just want to note that for 12+ content there is quite a bit. Seems like you could get 2 characters to level 20, 2 to level 18, 4 characters to level 17. Seems like quite a few.

Scarab Sages

Human, since you are new to PFS I would high recommend downloading and reading the Guide to Organized play. It is going to have a lot of of the basic rules questions new players tend to have. It is also part of the Core Assumption so it is assumed that you know it and have read it.

Scarab Sages

At least from my experience most lodges have a list of all the venues they operate out of and support for their region. Some areas like Texas they don't operate this way and he have venues listed. Each region tends to be different, and we are still trying to figure out exactly how to work it out. When we first started working on the site we put an open call to all the VO's to get a list of the sites for each region. The database is only as good as people help us make it. We have had a lot of submissions for venues/locations we have missed and they have been added to the site.

Scarab Sages

Bah! sorry missed the original.

Scarab Sages

Completely aware of it! Hence the reason I said not overlap during the levels pfs mainly covers. Please don't delete part of my statement and take it out of context. Most people never go above level 13 in pfs and 1-13 are the main levels covered. Still doesn't make it any more legal.

Scarab Sages

Sadly even though they don't have class features that overlap until 20 they are still not allowed to stack. The rule states that you cannot have any overlap, not overlap during the levels pfs mainly covers.

Scarab Sages

Nefreet wrote:
Eidolons and Animal Companions are NPCs.

Do you have a source for this? Here are my sources indicating that an Eidolon and AC are not NPC's or PC's for that matter.

Core Rulebook:

"Aside from the players, every other person encountered in the game world is a nonplayer character (NPC). These characters are designed and controlled by the GM to fill every role from noble king to simple baker. While some of these characters use player classes, most rely upon basic NPC classes, allowing them to be easily generated. The following rules govern all of the NPC classes and include information on generating quick NPCs for an evening’s game."

In Ultimate Campaign Eidolons and Animal Companions are listed in the companions section of the book. This is the description given:

Companions
In a typical campaign, each player controls one character. However, there are several ways for you to temporarily or permanently gain the assistance of a companion, [b]such as an animal companion, a cohort, an eidolon, or a familiar[b]. The combat advantages of controlling a second creature are obvious, but having a companion also has drawbacks and requires an understanding of both your role and the GM’s in determining the creature’s actions. This section addresses common issues for companions and the characters who use them.

I get that the feat has no requirements, but the note that if an NPC wants traits they have to take this feat demonstrates that they have to either be a PC or NPC and not a companion.

Scarab Sages

Which makes it clear that an Eidolon or AC can't have it because they are not characters or Non-Player-Chracters.

Scarab Sages

I am with Gm Lamplighter on this. It says you gain Character Traits and eidolons are not characters. I think the text also implies that you have to have traits in the first place to get more of them.

Scarab Sages

Ahh that is an oversight on my part. It should be fixed now. I wasn't trying to come across as snide. I had about 20 emails from people yesterday complaining about the state sites that not every one had a form and they had to go back to the US site to add something among other things.

I am glad that we have had such positive feedback about the site and we hope that people continue to read the blog we put out and offer suggestions like the one you offered. Sometimes the little things get missed.

Scarab Sages

We have forms on several pages, just fill them out and they will generally get to the right people. I added a form to the community downloads page. We had some minor issues with it earlier and it should now be fixed. We decided not to put the form on every map page, but there are forms on the big ones.

Scarab Sages

We have had some great feedback today from the community. Some people offered to write guest blogs. We have nearly 2k hits on the site which is pretty nice. Thanks to those from the community that have given feedback on site related clarifications. If you notice something that is spelled wrong or we missed your lodges website feel free to send us the information. If you have suggestions or just want to say hi or something else feel free to send us a message.

Scarab Sages

We hope everyone enjoys the blogs as well.

Scarab Sages

Hope you enjoy!

Scarab Sages

I said it would be Monday and here it is!

Scarab Sages

10 people marked this as a favorite.

The Venture Officers would like to announce a new community resource. One we hope everyone will like and enjoy! With today’s launch we are going to feature a series of 4 blog posts each coming out 2 hours apart from the last. Check them out!

Created and run by Venture Officers to serve you (meet them here ), PathfinderSociety.net is your on-line Lodge for Pathfinder Society Organized Play. Here you’ll find:
Contact info for PFS members and regions world-wide;
Get great advice for running and playing PFS on our Blog;
Other sites of interest and use for PFS members;
Our 5-Star GM Roll Call;
Useful downloads to improve your game;
And much more to come: stay tuned!
The blog is always accepting interesting articles relating to Pathfinder Society Organized Play. Want to get your ideas in front of your fellow Pathfinders? Drop us a query through the Submissions page!

Want to find a lodge somewhere in the world? Click on the map below. Want to add your lodge to the map? Fill out the form at the bottom of the page, so other Pathfinders can find you.

Take a look around and tell us what you think. If you have ideas or suggestions for things you’d like to see here, drop us a comment. You can also Like us on Facebook and leave comments there, or track us down on Twitter (@pfsociety_net).

Scarab Sages

Scotty's is usually filled with PFS as Auke pointed out. I think they have have warhorn for the events as well, but it isn't up yet if that is what they are doing.

Scarab Sages

It's something like that but not exactly. Something some of us Vo's have been working on for a couple months now and it's almost ready. We really hope people like it....just think four more days.... it is definitely a way for people to find places to play any place in the world that we know about....

Scarab Sages

Chris Mullican wrote:
They have a facebook page as well.

Also, stay tuned on monday there is going to be an announcement for a website that is going to help people with this exact question, among others.

Scarab Sages

They have a facebook page as well.

Scarab Sages

This is completely subjective, but Human isn't the most powerful race for "powergamers" usually people that want to powergame play one of the Variant Aasimar races. Also just because it is a fantasy setting doesn't mean the world is filled with exotic races.

Scarab Sages

Cire- your right, I should have said you almost always get no choice. I have had some tables that ended up at 2.5 which basically means you could end up with a choice of high or low subtier.

trollbill wrote:
Chris Mullican wrote:
Lol, ok. Here is your reference, or if you like you can go to page 1 and read it as well. I would also advise you to read the topic, because you are right you don't get a choice to play up or down, but you do get a choice on how to round if it is exactly .5
Yes, I read that post already on this thread. The problem is that is was a 2012 ruling made before choice was removed from the equation and thus may no longer apply.

Not quite sure how you can confuse "do I get to round .5 up or down" to "do we get to decide what subtier we play in." They are 2 different things, but I am glad it was cleared up for you.

Scarab Sages

Lol, ok. Here is your reference, or if you like you can go to page 1 and read it as well. I would also advise you to read the topic, because you are right you don't get a choice to play up or down, but you do get a choice on how to round if it is exactly .5

Scarab Sages

yes.

Scarab Sages

Alex McGuire wrote:
My brother wanted to set up The Avengers in PFS; he's already got Captain Andoren.

This is already, kind of, happening at Gencon. We have a group that consists of Ben "The Rock" Grimm Oread Brawler 5/Living Monolith 2, Spiderman, Iceman, Gambit, Nightcrawler, and The Winter Soldier. Not really avengers, but well you get the idea. We will be playing together in the season 6 opening special.

Scarab Sages

Congratulations on the promotion Rich! Well deserved and welcome to the team.

Scarab Sages

I would suggest reading over and reviewing this document as well.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Because it ruins organized play. Sorry to be blunt but this subject comes up every couple months, is talked back and forth on why it should and should not be done and frankly it isn't likely to change. This horse has been resurrected and beaten several times.

Scarab Sages

Yet another reason to not trust herolab.

Scarab Sages

Congrats! Quite the achievement

Scarab Sages

Don't get me wrong. I completely agree that pregens should not be used in the case of Bonekeep. They usually lead to a parties downfall and failure. If a table doesn't want pregens because it will increase their chances of death that is their choice, just like it is the choice of a GM to not want to run a table that has a pregen.

My only point was there was no rule expressly forbidding it.

Scarab Sages

You are allowed to use pregens in Bonkeep 1 and 2. If you are reading this on warhorn chances are the event coordinator is not using the stuff out of the newly implemented global catalog and you should urge them to do so as that information is much more reliable and accurate. With all that being said I would never suggest someone use a pregen as the chance of death is much higher.

Scarab Sages

Dysfunction- I did a search of both names you provided and came up with nothing, before that I had looked at SKR's posting history and found nothing there either. I understand doing something for yourself and learning from it, in fact I am a huge fan of suggesting the same that you suggested. I just came up with nothing. That is why I sent you a PM asking where you had read this, because I am looking for something more than opinion's which we all have. I know we all have opinions and I wanted something more than that. Now after reading the above thread I disagree that it works that way.

Jadeite- the character in question cannot take that feat as it requires both human and being a fighter. I also do not think it works in the way you suggest it does.

Scarab Sages

I am with Coraith. I would like to see a source and see the discussion. Sorry, I would like to take your word for it, but I just can't. I can honestly see both sides of the discussion as being valid sides, but this, to me at least and to some others, seems to be a grey area.

Cap Darling- I am aware of the FAQ but do you have a link to that thread?

Scarab Sages

Here is where I am coming from. I am the GM in the game. The player in my game is, right now, Catfolk Rogue (Scout) 5/ Monk 5. When using his claws to attack and he gains the benefit of 1d8 sneak attack vs the normal 1d6. His Unarmed Damage is currently 1d8, so it is better than his 1d6 claws. His damage output is way below the rest of the party, and when he came to me it seemed reasonable that they should stack, but, and yes I know herolab isn't always right, herolab doesn't stack them. I have house ruled that the damage will stack in this instance. The reason I made this thread was to really find out if my interpretation is correct or not. I honestly see both sides of the argument. Feral Combat training had a recent errata that allows the unarmed damage to enhance the damage to a natural weapon. I know before that errata there were people on both sides of that argument just as there are 2 sides to this one.

Scarab Sages

To me that is a failure of both the organizers and the gm's then. If you know someone is new and it usually isn't hard to tell, you should be telling them about the additional resources and more importantly the guide to organized play.

At the same time I find it hard to believe that people organizing can't find it. The getting started pages pretty clearly spell out what you need. When I was interested in starting PFS in my local area it was one of the first things I noticed, downloaded and read.

Scarab Sages

Fair enough about the pregen's.

The Grand Lodge for online play is by no means ever limited to your characters factions. It is more a general term for Paizo being the Grand Lodge and not what faction your character belongs too.

1 to 50 of 363 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>