Round two, fight!
Wait, no, wrong game. Recruit!
GM Anthrog has kindly offered to take up running another Rise of the Runelords on my behalf. They have 'imposed' the following limitations:
- no more than 5 players (incluing yourself, I imagine)
- Paizo material only
- unchained classes only (for those classes that apply)
- 15 PT buy abilities
- 1 trait must be a campaign trait from the player's guide, anniversary edition.
I'm going to be honest, normally, I would prefer a higher point buy(at least 20) but considering I so very badly want to play this, if the GM wants 15, we'll go with 15.
Now, they also said anything else was up to me, so I'm going to throw out suggestions to be discussed by potential players:
1) Gestalt. I greatly prefer gestalt games, but I am well aware they are not for everyone, and they can possibly unbalance a game and encounters.
2) Background skills. This is probably one of my favorite 'optional' rules, from Unchained. So much so that I personally don't consider it optional and have made it standard for any games I run.
3) Bonus(usually 1) background feat. This is another houserule that has become standard for my games. Each PC gets one bonus feat that must not be combat applicable. Proficiency feats, skill focus, the various +2 to two skills, etc. Metamagic feats aren't really allowed either. Basically if it grants a straight up increase to combat effectiveness, it's not a background feat.
4) How many traits? Some GMs stick with the two suggested in APG, but others allow two, plus a campaign trait(3 total). I'm fine with either.
I'm fairly certain these are my main suggestions and are fully open to discussion.