Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll

Game Master Eric Parker 82

RPG Chronicles for 3-08
RPG Chronicles for 4-14
Macros
Google Slides
(◆ ◇ ↺)


601 to 650 of 744 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Hui Kong zaps two of the Ruffians with the electricity that crackles from his staff.

Reflex Save Red, DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Reflex Save Dark Blue, DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

The Red Robed Ruffian manages to avoid some of the electricity, but the Dark Blue dressed one takes the full effect of the bolt.

Nic tries hit and run tactics but can't get his rapier to hit the Ruffian.

Luz analyzes the situation and realizes he doesn't have a good angle on the Red Ruffian, so he first insults the Ruffian and then Intimidates them (Critical success on the Bon Mot, regular success on the intimidate.)

The Ruffian in Dark Blue draws a club and moves to attack Hui Kong.

◆ Draw club

◆ Stride

◆ Attempt Snagging strike on Hui Kong

Snagging Strike with Club: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Dark Blue went to the same school as Red and they both have issues striking these foreigners.

Green decides to take a different approach.

◆ Draw sling

◆ Load sling

◆ Attempt to hit Hui Kong

sling (propulsive, range increment 50 feet, reload 1): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Green's sling bullet hits Hui Kong full in the chest, and that's going to leave quite the bruise.

You can have the Shaitan tactics move you up to 30 feet without provoking reactions. You can also have them attempt to make a Ruffian Off Guard. They have two actions per round.

Shaitan Tactics: Round 1 into 2

Bold may act

Light Blue Ruffian -32 HP, Dead
Shaitan Tactics - HP
Junior 33/33 HP
Martin Amblecrown 54/60 HP, Fast Healing 4
Red Ruffian -13 HP, Off Guard, Crit Bon Mot(-3 Will & Percept), Frightened 1
Hui Kong 38/38 HP
Nic Blackwillow 28/28 HP
Luz 48/48 HP
Dark Blue Ruffian -7 HP
Green Ruffian - HP
Slipp 48/48 HP

Horizon Hunters

N Male Elf | Mastermind Rogue (Archeologist) 3 HP 33/33 | AC19(20) | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Expert Perc +8 | Speed: 35 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

Keeping a safe distance Junior flings another pair of daggers at the off guard red thug. "Time to give up before Luz insults you a second time."

+1 Dagger (Thrown 10'): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Piercing Damage, Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (5) = 9

+1 Dagger (Thrown 10'): 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 4 = 10
Piercing Damage, Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (6) = 8

Finally he hollers at blue, hoping to intimidate the man before Hui smashes him with his staff. "You'll never survive against that man, he's a combat savant!"

Intimidate Dark Blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Grand Archive

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-2003 | Investigator (Interrogation) 4 | HP 48/48 | Perc +10| AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9 W: +10 Light Hammer +10 (+12 thrown) 2d6B; Whip +12* 2d4S
Lead:
1) Faisel 2) Salamander

just a reminder that Luz gets a recall knowledge check on red

Horizon Hunters

Sorcerer-4 HP 48/48; Spells lv 1 4/4; 2 1+0/4; hero 0/3; mHP 2/2; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +9; Perc +7; speed 25';

The smell of burned leaves swirls around Slipp as flames burst from their hands heading straight toward the thug in red!

produce flame: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
F damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6

They then glare at the man in green.
"Your next!"
intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

** produce flame
* intimidating glare

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

GM Screen:

Society check by Luz: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Luz knows:

With success on your knowledge check you know that these Ruffians have Attacks of Opportunity and Sneak Attacks.

Junior hits with one of his two thrown daggers but misses with the second.

Slipp's flames catch the Ruffian in Red completely unawares (Critical hit) and he drops to the floor, still smoldering but not moving.

Slipp's actions and words deeply disturb the Green robed Ruffian and he starts shaking. (Critical Success)

Chaliz Farour looks over your group. You seem a competent group and don't really need my help, but still.

He waves his hand again as the clothing of the Dark Blue and Green robed Ruffians seem to twist around them.

Reflex Save for Dark Blue, DC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Reflex Save for Green, DC 20, Frightened 2: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 2 = 13

Neither Ruffian is able to concentrate with their clothing in disarray.

Shaitan Tactics: Round 2

Bold may act

Light Blue Ruffian -32 HP, Dead
Shaitan Tactics - HP
Junior 33/33 HP
Martin Amblecrown 54/60 HP, Fast Healing 4
Red Ruffian -34 HP, Dead
Hui Kong 38/38 HP
Nic Blackwillow 28/28 HP
Luz 48/48 HP
Dark Blue Ruffian -7 HP, Off Guard
Green Ruffian - HP, Frightened 2, Off Guard
Slipp 48/48 HP

Envoy's Alliance

NG Skilled Heritage Human Summoner 4 | Eidolon| HP 60/60| AC 18| F +10 R +8 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth +2 | speed 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | ◈ | ◈◈ | ◈◈◈ | ◇ | ↺ | Spells: L1 - 2/2, L2 2/2

Martin and Mavenee set their sights on the dark Blue ruffian. Martin first casts a protective spell on Mavenee. Then he amplifies her horns and claws as the eidolon charges in.

Horn: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Piercing: 2d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 + 4 = 14

◈Protect Companion, ◈◈Act Together(◈Boost Eidolon, ◈◈Beast Charge). Mavenee AC: 21, fast healing: 4

Envoy's Alliance

Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice Halfling Rogue (thief racket)/3 HP 42/42| AC 20| Fort (T) +8| Ref (E) +11| Will (E) +9| Init (Stealth; E) +11| Perc (E) +9

Nic darts forward again, stabbing at the green ruffian before retreating.

Rapier attack vs. Off-guard target: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Rapier damage, including sneak attack: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (4) = 11

Deadly damage, if applicable: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

As the wounds on Mavenee heal, they move toward the Dark Blue robed Ruffian. Mavenee strikes the Ruffian with a powerful blow from the horn, which leaves the Ruffian a bloody pile on the ground.

Nic slides forward and plants their rapier firmly in the kidney of the Green robed Ruffian, causing massive damage to the Ruffian. The Ruffian is still standing, but looking badly wounded.

Shaitan Tactics: Round 2

Bold may act

Light Blue Ruffian -32 HP, Dead
Shaitan Tactics - HP
Junior 33/33 HP
Martin Amblecrown 58/60 HP, Fast Healing 4
Red Ruffian -34 HP, Dead
Hui Kong 38/38 HP
Nic Blackwillow 28/28 HP
Luz 48/48 HP
Dark Blue Ruffian -35 HP, Dead
Green Ruffian -28 HP, Frightened 2, Off Guard
Slipp 48/48 HP

Radiant Oath

CG (male) human (aasimar) magus (twisting tree) 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 | F +8 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 (T) | Stealth +6 | 30’ | focus 2/2 | hero points 1/3 | spells 1st 1/2 2nd 0/1 | Exploration: Scout | Active Conditions: arcane cascade (electricity); rime crystal (1rd)

Hui Kong keeps his staff spinning continuously as he calmly strides towards the remaining ruffian. When he nears, his staff magically lengthens to close the remaining distance just as he chants a spell that causes his staff to burst into flames!

+1 Staff of Fire (2H): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 + fire: ignition: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 4) = 12 + electricity 1 (arcane cascade) = 20 damage

◆ Stride
◆◆ Spellstrike

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Hui Kong moves over to the Ruffian in Green, who is still unsteady after Nic gave him a nasty wound. Hui Kong's flaming staff strikes him on the side of the head and he drops to the ground like a sack of potatoes, bleeding and smoking, very dead.

You are out of combat.

Chaliz claps his hands together ”Well done. I see the reputation of the Pathfinders isn’t based on too many exaggerations.”

”I suppose I should let you know that Fasiel has a group of mortals imprisoned here. They motion to a set of double doors to the North (Map right.) Faisal also has a salamander on guard upstairs, and I’m pretty sure there is an efreeti in the building as well.”

” You may have heard Fasiel constructed a ward upstairs, using essences from various elements. This should help you overcome the portion he required from me.” He hands you an earth infused diamond.

In recognition of your performance in this combat and astute understanding of the situation, here is a present from me.” He gives you a potion of Oaken Resilience and an Adamantine piece for each of you from his Kingmaker set.

Grand Archive

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-2003 | Investigator (Interrogation) 4 | HP 48/48 | Perc +10| AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9 W: +10 Light Hammer +10 (+12 thrown) 2d6B; Whip +12* 2d4S
Lead:
1) Faisel 2) Salamander

Luz takes a quick look over the party to make sure no one needs any wounds treated.

If the party intends to confront the salamander, he will make that his second lead.

Horizon Hunters

Sorcerer-4 HP 48/48; Spells lv 1 4/4; 2 1+0/4; hero 0/3; mHP 2/2; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +9; Perc +7; speed 25';

Slipp looks a little worried at the tale of a salamander.
"I might not be much help if we have to fight a salamander.." they say.

"Creatures of fire tend not to be worried by forest fires.."

Then they smile. "Of course they might not want to be here any more than the others. Perhaps we should free the other prisoners first?"

Envoy's Alliance

NG Skilled Heritage Human Summoner 4 | Eidolon| HP 60/60| AC 18| F +10 R +8 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth +2 | speed 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | ◈ | ◈◈ | ◈◈◈ | ◇ | ↺ | Spells: L1 - 2/2, L2 2/2

After combat, Martin approaches Chaliz and gives him a polite bow. "We are grateful for your aid in dealing with these ruffians."

Martin nods in agreement with Slipp's suggestion. "I second that. Let's free the prisoners before facing other threats."

Horizon Hunters

N Male Elf | Mastermind Rogue (Archeologist) 3 HP 33/33 | AC19(20) | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Expert Perc +8 | Speed: 35 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

Junior collects his daggers, returning them to the bandoleer. "Yes, if you could come with us to help free the prisoners it would be quite helpful. You're distractions really shift things in our favor." He bows in thanks, accepting the gifts.

"I'd agree, let's free the captives and finish exploring this ground floor before we head upstairs." He looks over the adamantine piece.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Chaliz shakes their head at Junior's suggestion "I regret I cannot accompany you and act directly against Fasiel, although anyone you wish to keep as prisoners, or anyone you free from Fasiel's clutches can be left with me while you clear the rest of the house. You have my word that I will keep them safe."

Envoy's Alliance

Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice Halfling Rogue (thief racket)/3 HP 42/42| AC 20| Fort (T) +8| Ref (E) +11| Will (E) +9| Init (Stealth; E) +11| Perc (E) +9

"That will be helpful indeed, noble Chaliz."

Horizon Hunters

N Male Elf | Mastermind Rogue (Archeologist) 3 HP 33/33 | AC19(20) | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Expert Perc +8 | Speed: 35 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

"Fair enough!" Junior heads off to check out the next set of double doors.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

After you open the door. You see shelves of jeweler’s tools and delicate crafts line the walls, surrounding the busy workbenches in the center.

GM Screen:

Hui Kong's Arcana (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Junior's Arcana (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Luz Lumino's Arcana (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Nic Blackwillow's Perception (E): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Hui Kong's Perception (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Slipp's Perception (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Junior's Perception (E): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Trap Finder +1
Martin Amblecrown's Perception (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Mavenee: low-light vision
Luz Lumino's Perception (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Junior and Luz recognize the materials in the room are used for Genie binding.

There are three people chained together in the room.

Gisi bint Dori (N female human jeweler) is a Keleshite widow, desperately worried about her three young children home alone. She moved to Sedeq with her husband, a deceased solider, and has no friends or other family in town.

Billfric (CG genderfluid gnome glazier) crafts beautiful bottles and stained glass. They’re an active advocate for ending forced servitude in Sedeq.

Zadfar ibn Nazal (LG male human goldsmith) creates artisan metalwork, most notably Sarenite religious items. He is also a local community leader, whose presence calmed others and worked against Fasiel’s corrupting influence.

The prisoners explain that Fasiel’s genies created an enchanted chain to punish any escape attempt. The copper chains link each prisoner to the others and the table, with only enough slack to reach the lavatory and the shelves. The chains have a lock, but Fasiel destroyed the key in front of the prisoners. Any attempts to free them risk shocking everyone in the room. The prisoners are aware of this and warn the Pathfinders against any rash actions but are desperate and willing to let you try.

Slipp, Martin and Luz recognize the Storm Bound Chains.

Brightly polished copper chains rumble with distant thunder and statically charge the air.

Disable DC 25 Thievery (expert) to release the lock, or DC 25 Arcana or Nature (expert) to harmlessly release the storm’s energy.

The chains have a reaction:
Storm’s Rage [reaction] (air, electricity, primal) Trigger A creature attempts to break or escape the chains; Effect The chains release a devastating blast of lightning that deals 4d8+14 electricity damage to all creatures in the room. Affected creatures must each attempt a DC 24 Fortitude save.
Critical Success The creature is unaffected.
Success The creature takes half damage and becomes deafened for 1 minute.
Failure The creature takes full damage and becomes deafened for 1 hour.
Critical Failure The creature takes double damage. It also becomes deafened for 8 hours

Once again, just to track who has acted, but setting this hazard off once will most likely kill the prisoners.

It looks like Junior is the only on qualified to try to disabled, unless someone else didn't update the Google Sheet.

Envoy's Alliance

Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice Halfling Rogue (thief racket)/3 HP 42/42| AC 20| Fort (T) +8| Ref (E) +11| Will (E) +9| Init (Stealth; E) +11| Perc (E) +9

I hadn't updated my macros after leveling. In addition, I have the Trap Spotter rogue feat, which gives me the ability to disarm traps that require Master in Thievery. Offhand, I think the best chance is for Nic to borrow Junior's infiltrator lockpicks and use them, since he's got a higher DEX bonus. That gives a less than 50% chance of success, though (+12). How about Arcana?

Horizon Hunters

Sorcerer-4 HP 48/48; Spells lv 1 4/4; 2 1+0/4; hero 0/3; mHP 2/2; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +9; Perc +7; speed 25';

Slipp looks on in disgust at the room and the chains.

"I don't think there is anything I can do to help here.." says Slipp.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Skilled Heritage Human Summoner 4 | Eidolon| HP 60/60| AC 18| F +10 R +8 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth +2 | speed 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | ◈ | ◈◈ | ◈◈◈ | ◇ | ↺ | Spells: L1 - 2/2, L2 2/2

Martin identifies the Chains and shakes his head. "I've heard of this type of device but I'm afraid freeing you from this is beyond my capabilities."

Grand Archive

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-2003 | Investigator (Interrogation) 4 | HP 48/48 | Perc +10| AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9 W: +10 Light Hammer +10 (+12 thrown) 2d6B; Whip +12* 2d4S
Lead:
1) Faisel 2) Salamander

Luz shakes his head as if to indicate he too, is unable to release the bonds. Luz exits the room in case someone wants to risk it.

Envoy's Alliance

Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice Halfling Rogue (thief racket)/3 HP 42/42| AC 20| Fort (T) +8| Ref (E) +11| Will (E) +9| Init (Stealth; E) +11| Perc (E) +9

"Perhaps Chaliz can recreate the key."

Horizon Hunters

Sorcerer-4 HP 48/48; Spells lv 1 4/4; 2 1+0/4; hero 0/3; mHP 2/2; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +9; Perc +7; speed 25';

"Well, we can risk it now, or come back later with extra support. Either way... there are trees burning and they won't last forever."

Horizon Hunters

N Male Elf | Mastermind Rogue (Archeologist) 3 HP 33/33 | AC19(20) | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Expert Perc +8 | Speed: 35 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

Very sorry, I seemed to have lost track of this.

Junior looks around the room and pieces things together with the help of the additional information about the chain "Its a really big risk, there's a good chance you could die if we mess this up. To me it makes more sense to continue exploring and confront Fasiel. Perhaps destroying him will disable the chain, or at least allow the genies to help."

"Is there anything helpful you can tell us? Or maybe items you've made that could be put to use in fighting him or his more loyal genies?" Junior pleads, hoping there's another way out of this for them.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

We are aware of the grave risks, but if you think you can have a decent chance of freeing us, we would like you to try. Gisi says. There’s a fierce efreeti warrior upstairs, who had a sapphire medallion marked with another genie’s seal. The efreeti demanded I weaken the item and I reluctantly complied. They went upstairs afterward.

I will note that Safa can help you with one of these challenges before it impacts your secondary success conditions.

BTW, Hero Point to Slipp for Arm Wrestling.

GM Screen:

Hui Kong's Arcana (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Junior's Arcana (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Luz Lumino's Arcana (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Slipp's Nature (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Junior's Nature (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Martin Amblecrown's Nature (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Luz Lumino's Nature (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Junior and Luz realize:

You remember that a genie’s seal can allow control over the genie, and if used to bind a genie, it is the only easy way to free that genie.

Horizon Hunters

N Male Elf | Mastermind Rogue (Archeologist) 3 HP 33/33 | AC19(20) | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Expert Perc +8 | Speed: 35 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

"Both Nic and I are good with our hands but one small mistake could be deadly. Maybe we should work on the genie upstairs first." JR shares what he knows about a genie's seal:

"A genie’s seal can allow control over the genie, and if used to bind a genie, it is the only easy way to free that genie." He prepares to leave the trapped people behind for now and head upstairs quietly.

Envoy's Alliance

Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice Halfling Rogue (thief racket)/3 HP 42/42| AC 20| Fort (T) +8| Ref (E) +11| Will (E) +9| Init (Stealth; E) +11| Perc (E) +9

Nic's disappointment at his inability to free the captives is palpable. "I am sorry--even the attempt could kill you all, and we may be able to find a better way." The halfling follows Junior, keeping to the shadows.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Your groups decides to leave the captives and move upstairs.

Sunlight pours in through the floor to ceiling windows of the vast hall. An armored salamander stands watch, the room’s braziers flaring and dimming with his breath.

The wavering image of Fasiel appears once more. “You may have gotten past my janni and shaitan, but your feeble teamwork will perish in flames! Obey me, Anshul! Destroy... wait, what?!” Fasiel shrieks as the burning hand of an efreeti tears his image apart. A towering horned woman wielding a flaming scimitar stands in place of the salamander.

Safa manifests in a swirl of wind, smiling. “Are we playing hide and seek, Farah? You know you won’t catch me. You’re barely even here.”

Heat pours off the efreet. “One humiliation too many, Safa. You betray my brother and then mock me with a summons. Death would be too swift.” The efreet produces a sapphire medallion traced with delicate script. “I found your marid friend and ensnared the trusting fool. And now I’m going to smash their seal. They might be trapped a thousand years. All because of you.” Farah turns her attention away from the djinn. “I have no quarrel with you, Pathfinders. You freed my brother and humiliated his binder, Vayne. I won’t hold your association with this breeze against you.”

History of Vayne and Farah:

Farah Al-Saleel holds a long-standing hatred of Safa. The djinni’s pranks and trickery led to the genie-binder Corvius Vayne (see Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-16: Freedom for Wishes) controlling her brother Khanuur for years. After the additional humiliation of Safa summoning her at the behest of a skelm in Pathfinder Society Scenario #3-12: Fury’s Toll, she decided to punish the djinni. She deceived the marid Rayyan (see B2), Safa’s friend, putting them in Fasiel’s power, and stealing a sapphire medallion that holds their seal.

GM Screen:

Nic Blackwillow's Perception (E): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Hui Kong's Perception (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Slipp's Perception (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Junior's Perception (E): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Trap Finder +1
Martin Amblecrown's Perception (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Mavenee: low-light vision
Luz Lumino's Perception (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Martin and Luz realize:

You realize Safa’s pride and dislike of the efreeti prevent them from being diplomatic.
Since you detects this, if you persuade Safa to be diplomatic with a DC 25 Diplomacy check you gain 2 Respect Points with Farah.

Farah respects the Society, who aided her brother and brought down Vayne. This gives the Pathfinders an opportunity to reason with her, with a DC 19 Genie Lore, DC 22 Diplomacy, or DC 24 Perception check to Sense Motive.

Farah is now on slide 5 and you are on the new slide 6.

Horizon Hunters

Sorcerer-4 HP 48/48; Spells lv 1 4/4; 2 1+0/4; hero 0/3; mHP 2/2; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +9; Perc +7; speed 25';

"Wow.." says Slipp coming forward. "You're like the purest essence of fire..." They stand agape, as a spark might next to a forest fire.

"But... umm.. don't you think we should focus on the really bad guy here? Fasiel!"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

"I mean, why would you want to subject Rayyan to the same type of fate that your brother had?"

Grand Archive

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-2003 | Investigator (Interrogation) 4 | HP 48/48 | Perc +10| AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +9 W: +10 Light Hammer +10 (+12 thrown) 2d6B; Whip +12* 2d4S
Lead:
1) Faisel 2) Salamander

Luz can see Safa's pride is created unneeded friction between her the efreeti. As Luz listens to the conversation, he makes Safa the subject of one of his investigatins, replacing the mortals.

Luz whispers to the party, "A little humility from Safa would go a long way. in helping our cause.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Skilled Heritage Human Summoner 4 | Eidolon| HP 60/60| AC 18| F +10 R +8 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth +2 | speed 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | ◈ | ◈◈ | ◈◈◈ | ◇ | ↺ | Spells: L1 - 2/2, L2 2/2

Martin listens intently to the efreet's woes and tries to assess how to better handle the situation.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Envoy's Alliance

Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice Halfling Rogue (thief racket)/3 HP 42/42| AC 20| Fort (T) +8| Ref (E) +11| Will (E) +9| Init (Stealth; E) +11| Perc (E) +9

"I believe it would take a better diplomat than I to convince Safa to restrain themselves."

Horizon Hunters

N Male Elf | Mastermind Rogue (Archeologist) 3 HP 33/33 | AC19(20) | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Expert Perc +8 | Speed: 35 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

Junior takes an instinctive step back as the salamander is replaced by a familiar face. All the flames around the room makes him wish he wasn't so flammable. "No need to rush into things here, I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement? Fasiel is the root of all our issues, maybe the two of you can work something out?" He tries to help Slipp smooth things over a bit.

Diplomacy Aid if Accepted:

Diplomacy Aid DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

At this point, Slipp, Martin and Junior have each taken an action to try and influence Farah. Slipp and Martin have successes. The scenario doesn't clearly state whether you can try to influence Safa AND Farah or try to influence Safa OR Farah. I choose to allow each of you to try and influence Safa AND Farah, so you each have one action to try influence each of them. Farah appears to be ready to smash the medallion, which would render Safa's friend trapped. You are swaying Farah, but they are not standing down yet.

Envoy's Alliance

Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice Halfling Rogue (thief racket)/3 HP 42/42| AC 20| Fort (T) +8| Ref (E) +11| Will (E) +9| Init (Stealth; E) +11| Perc (E) +9

Nic follows Martin's example and tries to figure out a way through the dilemma.

Perception check to Sense Motive, E: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

The situation baffles him, but at least he hasn't made things worse.

Envoy's Alliance

Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice Halfling Rogue (thief racket)/3 HP 42/42| AC 20| Fort (T) +8| Ref (E) +11| Will (E) +9| Init (Stealth; E) +11| Perc (E) +9

BTW, can we ask Safa to help with this challenge by not being a jerk? You said we could get his help with one before it impacts our secondary success conditions.

Horizon Hunters

Sorcerer-4 HP 48/48; Spells lv 1 4/4; 2 1+0/4; hero 0/3; mHP 2/2; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +9; Perc +7; speed 25';

"Safa.. if you want to help Rayyan , you could do worse than apologizing to Farah for the trick you played on Khanuur.[/b]" explains Slipp.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Think it is time for a reroll.

They put their most pleasing smile on their face, even removing their demon mask to emphasize how important this is.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Nic, the scenario gives specific ways that Safa can help in each situation. Not being a jerk is not an option here.

Slipp's appeal to Safa makes an obvious impression on Safa. She turns to Farah and says "This gnome is right Farah. I know I am too playful for your liking, but in the end, we're on the same side against genie binders. I am sorry."

Background and GM thoughts:
I have to reward the Natural 20 here. Normally, convincing Safa gives you 2 Persuasion points. If I double that for the natural 20, it would be 4 from Safa for 6 total. Per the scenario, if you have as many Persuasion points as the number of members of your party, Farah is convinced and you get the seal. For Persuasion points equal to half the number of party members but less than the number of party members, you have to fight Farah for the medallion. If you get persuasion points less than half the number of party members, you fight Farah and she uses her first two actions to smash the medallion.

Farah glares at Safa before jamming her scimitar into the stone floor. I have more important matters to concern myself with than one careless, arrogant djinn. she says before departing.

Farah’s scimitar remains behind, and it retains its magic as a +1 striking scimitar. The flames remain active around the weapon without mechanical effect.

Horizon Hunters

N Male Elf | Mastermind Rogue (Archeologist) 3 HP 33/33 | AC19(20) | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Expert Perc +8 | Speed: 35 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

"Well put Slipp." Junior adds once Farah has departed, happy to avoid an extra unnecessary conflict. He heads over to admire the flaming sword, a bit impressed at the constant flames. "I think they're just for effect, an impressive one at that."

Scimitars are not on JR's list of 'use me' items since its not finesse.

"Safa, what remains here, do you know? We've still got bound and trapped people downstairs to help." He paces around the room for a good search before moving to another room.

Horizon Hunters

Sorcerer-4 HP 48/48; Spells lv 1 4/4; 2 1+0/4; hero 0/3; mHP 2/2; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +9; Perc +7; speed 25';

Slipp nods, distracted by the room and the experience of having met a being of living fire.

"And there is the slavemaster/genie binder to deal with as well. " they remind JR.

Envoy's Alliance

Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice Halfling Rogue (thief racket)/3 HP 42/42| AC 20| Fort (T) +8| Ref (E) +11| Will (E) +9| Init (Stealth; E) +11| Perc (E) +9
GM Computerpro82 wrote:
Nic, the scenario gives specific ways that Safa can help in each situation. Not being a jerk is not an option here.

It was worth a try, and things did work out in the end.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Safa replies "I know that Fasiel is here someplace, but I don't have any other advanced knowledge of what will occur."

There are a series of doors to the East (Map down, to the right.)

There appears to be one large room just South of the doors. (Also map down.)

Or you can continue South (Map left.)

Envoy's Alliance

Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice Halfling Rogue (thief racket)/3 HP 42/42| AC 20| Fort (T) +8| Ref (E) +11| Will (E) +9| Init (Stealth; E) +11| Perc (E) +9

Nic indicates the doors to the east, starting with the northernmost door.

Horizon Hunters

N Male Elf | Mastermind Rogue (Archeologist) 3 HP 33/33 | AC19(20) | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Expert Perc +8 | Speed: 35 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

JR nods at Safa's reply before starting to recon the nearby doors Nic indicated. "A quick check before we explore further ok?" He gives the floors and walls a good look over while walking softly. He stops at each door down the narrow corridor and gives it a listen before heading back to the group.

If he finds nothing important and silence he heads for the nearby door to the large room, checking it and readying to open it. "Incoming."

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Nic and Junior investigate the rooms to the North.

Fasiel’s mortal minions use these offices as personal living spaces. Dirty clothes, personal items, and crumpled bedding are scattered about.

GM Screen:

Luz Lumino's Underworld Lore (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Junior's Underworld (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Nic Blackwillow's Society (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Hui Kong's Society (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Junior's Society (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Luz Lumino's Society (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Nic, Junior and Luz:

You find papers in Kelesh about people Fasiel has targeted around the city. Recovering this impresses the city authorities.

Junior opens the door into a lecture hall.

Bludgeoned and smashed straw dolls of various Pathfinders, Safa, and the many others that enrage Fasiel fill the seats of the hall. The podium and floor are scratched from Fasiel’s pacing during screaming rants at the silent audience.

Next Area?

Envoy's Alliance

Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice Halfling Rogue (thief racket)/3 HP 42/42| AC 20| Fort (T) +8| Ref (E) +11| Will (E) +9| Init (Stealth; E) +11| Perc (E) +9

"Interesting." After packing up the documents, Nic leads the way west to the opening south.

Horizon Hunters

Sorcerer-4 HP 48/48; Spells lv 1 4/4; 2 1+0/4; hero 0/3; mHP 2/2; AC 18; Fort +9; Ref +8; Will +9; Perc +7; speed 25';

"Someone has temper issues. Surely that cannot be good in a genie binder.." muses Slipp.

Then, on a more serious note they add "Or for their enemies."

Horizon Hunters

N Male Elf | Mastermind Rogue (Archeologist) 3 HP 33/33 | AC19(20) | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Expert Perc +8 | Speed: 35 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

"Incriminating documents on Fasiel, should earn us some bonus points with the authorities." He comments.

Looking around the room Junior can only chuckle "A good bottle of cool white wine would help this creature relax." He follows Nic the the next closest doors to the west.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Skilled Heritage Human Summoner 4 | Eidolon| HP 60/60| AC 18| F +10 R +8 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth +2 | speed 25 ft. | Active Conditions: --- | ◈ | ◈◈ | ◈◈◈ | ◇ | ↺ | Spells: L1 - 2/2, L2 2/2

Martin joins the group in checking the nearby rooms, constantly casting detect magic.

He then follows the others to the southern hallway.

601 to 650 of 744 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.