The Kitsune Wedding (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

The wedding of Hiiragi, shrine maiden of Daikitsu, and Sionnach "Onna" Brummagem, a bard.


1 to 50 of 72 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.
active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 5 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | AC 19 (20) T 14 FF 19 | HP 62/62 | F +9 R +5 W +5 | CMD 21 |Init +3 | Perc +10 | Rage 12/14 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

In the gardens of the Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge of Oppara, the nuptials of two kitsune adventurers are about to commence.

The gardens are decorated in a combination of Daikitsun and Shelynite regalia - songbirds fill the air with their music and rainbows cross the sky, whilst bowls of nine dumplings each are served to guests with sake...

Grand Lodge

Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1

Walking barefoot down the aisle, Onna’s smile is radiant and infectious. Her hair hangs loose, falling carefree about her shoulders. Her gown is just the right mix of casual formality that embodies her personality.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

The muscular Hiiragi stands at Onna's destination; her usual shrine maiden attire is replaced with a snow-white shiromuku, and her face is more bare than any but Onna have likely seen it.

Every other day she is a priestess of Daikitsu; today, she is Hiiragi, the farmer's daughter, marrying the love of her life.

Her makeup would have ran, anyway, with how glossy her eyes already are.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Sorcerer 5.0| HP: 27/27 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 13 | F+3 R+5 W+6 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/5; Vanishing 10/10; Extend 3/3

Near a side entrance to the gardens, delicate flowers gently sway as though from an errant breeze and the faintest puffs of dirt rhythmically pop along the well-maintained dirt path. This... this is about what I expected.

By the largest group of people, a hooded, elderly man coalesces. Who else is here? None of the skulk would miss it willingly, but there are likely newcomers as well.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 5 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | AC 19 (20) T 14 FF 19 | HP 62/62 | F +9 R +5 W +5 | CMD 21 |Init +3 | Perc +10 | Rage 12/14 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

At the end of the aisle is an arch formed from wheat and rice. Ribbons of every colour of the rainbow decorate it and songbirds perch upon it, singing joyfully.

A handful of chairs are arranged nearby. Smiling tien present warm sake and bowls of steaming dumplings - nine dumplings to a bowl - to anyone who cares to indulge. Bushels of grain are arranged with various farm implements around the edges of the garden.

"Welcome Onna and Hiiragi" says the tall kitsune priest, Ikari. "I hope you're not as nervous as I am."

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 4 | HP 40/40 | AC 18, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +4 R +9 W +1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: Sickened

Toshiko stands to one side, not wanting to choose either bride's side of the aisle. Her hair is tied back in a sailor's que and her clothes are clean and pressed. For once she is not crawling out from beneath a table as her companions assemble.

In her hands she holds the bowl of eight and a half dumplings and an empty sake cup. She surreptitiously looks around for a drinks waiter.

Grand Lodge

Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1

A delicate laugh escapes her lips. "Ikari, thank you so much for being here and helping us join our lives. You'll be amazing."

Sionnach looks at the small crowd of allies and loved ones. She then turns her gaze to Hiiragi with a small smile. ”This reminds me of the very first words I ever heard you speak. ‘Right--what a gathering!’. Granted, you were disguised as an adorable old man at the time. Still, it does seem rather appropriate considering everyone who has come together to be here for us today.” She turns toward their guests, ”Thank you for accompanying us on our journey today. It means the world to us.”

The bard returns her attention to the woman standing before her. ”You look amazing by the way.” She takes a deep breath to settle herself.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 5.0| HP: 27/27 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 13 | F+3 R+5 W+6 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/5; Vanishing 10/10; Extend 3/3

Itami skulks towards Toshiko, weaving between guests and scooping up a jug of sake as he goes.

"Figured out how to throw those daggers of yours straight yet?" he asks from behind while he tops off her cup.

Edit
"We can try to catch up later," he says, taking Toshiko by the elbow and guiding her to the "Onna" side of the aisle when the bride begins to speak.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 4 | HP 40/40 | AC 18, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +4 R +9 W +1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: Sickened

Toshiko whispers back to Itami. I always throws straight, it is the world that is always rocking and rolling beneath my feet.

She holds her cup up and accepts a refill from Itami.

This is a beautiful ceremony, isn't it. The brides look lovely. she says are Itami guides her toward the grouping on one side of the aisle.

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.
active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 5 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | AC 19 (20) T 14 FF 19 | HP 62/62 | F +9 R +5 W +5 | CMD 21 |Init +3 | Perc +10 | Rage 12/14 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"Today, at long last, we celebrate the union of Onna and Hiiragi. And though I am no more than a simple acolyte, it is my great honour to begin your wedding ceremony." Ikari takes a deep breath, and smiles.

"I have been with you since that first meeting. I have seen your love blossom and grow, as the meadow flowers bloom. I was not there when you met with Death, much to my regret, but the Goddesses saw fit to reunite you and that fills me with joy.

You each have your own traditions to bring to your wedding, and I will do my best to incorporate them. There will be an exchange of vows, and an exchange of rings, of course. And we should hear from all our friends." Ikari waves to Itami and Toshiko.

"Now, who wants to go first?"

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

"I sent him an invite, too, actually," giggles Hiiragi, "but I suppose he wouldn't remember meeting me."

She hides her impish smile behind her sleeve. "I don't recall your first words to me... but I do remember your smile."

Dark Archive

Female TN Kitsune Bard (Duetist)/9 | HP: 66/66 | AC/FF/T: 23/20/13 21/18/13 | CMD: 18 18 | F/R/W: +7/11/9 +5/9/7 | Init: +4 (+4 with heightened awareness) | Speed 30ft | Low-light vision | Bluff +24, Diplo +22, DDev +10, EscArt +10, Intim +24, KnLoc +5, KnNat +5, KnNob +5, Perc +11, SMot +22, Scraft +5, Stlth +7 | Active Conditions: Heroism (180 minutes), heightened awareness (10 Minutes), inspire courage +3

An attractive kitsune arrives and looks around questioningly, having heard of the event through the grapevine but not personally having met either of the principles of the wedding. Being a kitsune herself, and having been trained in several of the entertainment arts, Kit was hoping to make herself of use but not wanting to add more stress to the couple, she looks around for someone in charge.

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1

The bard turns nearly crimson at the compliment. "How does she always know the right thing to say?"

”Before meeting you, my life was little more than meandering background music. An aimless melody searching to become a song. When I heard you utter those words, I had no idea just how much they would come to change the course of my life. Looking back on it now, it makes total sense.” She takes the crusader’s hands in her own. ”Your words, your voice, have become the lyrics to my life. I want to spend the rest of my life singing a duet with you.”

”Until you came into my life, I spent most of my life blending in. Town to town, never staying any place very long. I didn’t feel like I could trust the world. I protected myself, putting up walls, unable to allow anyone in. At times, I thought I would never find anyone to share my life with. Over time, I became convinced that I didn’t deserve to have anyone either. Therefore, I never felt ready to share myself, my true Self. And then…you. Just you. Full of passion. Full of devotion. I swear woman, you are an unstoppable force. I never witnessed true strength of character until I was drawn into your orbit. You were this amazing maelstrom of energy. I found myself struggling to keep pace. To be honest, you were more than a bit intimidating.”

”But then I got to know you. You didn’t really change much, like at all. But I found that I was becoming more comfortable around you. You made me want to open up, to share not only who I was, but the woman I could become. You have given me the courage and freedom to be who I am supposed to be. In our time together, I have learned more about myself than I believed possible. You taught me there is a difference between being alive and Living. That one cannot completely understand the strength of Love until they can allow themselves to be vulnerable.”

Her eyes drop momentarily as she purses her lips and moves them side to side. She settles on biting her lower lip before admitting, ”And yeah, I may have had a nudge from Shelyn, but just a little one.” Her eyes rise and stare deep into Hiiragi’s ”I felt you that day.” Onna placed her hand on the priestess’ sternum. ”Felt you. Felt your soul as it cried out. Felt the purity of your…of our burgeoning love. And when my eyes opened, you were the first one I saw. I knew two things at that moment. The first was that life is too precious to waste. Second is that I have already lived too much of my life without you.”

Her hand slides up to her fiancee’s neck and pulls her forward until their heads gently touch. ”Miko Hiiragi, I want to live the rest of my life with you. In here. In your hopeful Thoughts, in your beautiful Heart, and, hoboy in these wonderful arms.” Did she do some push-ups before the ceremony? She pulls back and allows her finger to trail to each corresponding location from the forehead, back over the heart before both of her hands are grasping Hiiragi’s shoulders and biceps. While no one else can tell, Onna’s hands are trembling.

”You’ve become my everything. My soft spring storm with rainbows. My sun-drenched summer day by the river. Your eyes hold all the stars and constellations. I could stare at them every night and still not have my fill. Your courage inspired me to be a healing nightingale. Your soul allowed me to become a phoenix from the ashes. Your love has given me voice as your songbird. You are my everything. You have become my world.”

”I have been blessed with a second chance a life. A life I want to spend living, with you as your wife.”

”Hiiagri, I love you. I cannot wait to start our journey together.”

The Concordance

NG f Sylph Sky Druid 7 | HP 45+9/51 | AC 22, t14, ff18 | F +7, R +7, W +10 | Perc +13 (Darkvision 60') | Init. +6 | Resist: Sonic 5, Elec 10 | Stealth +10 | speed 30', fly 60' | CMB +5 CMD 19 | cold-iron arrows x20 | Active Conditions: Aspect/falcon, Delay Poison, barkskin +3 (70 mins), resist energy (fire), haste, PfE

A sylph quietly flutters in on rainbow hued gossamer wings to witness this joyous ceremony. Bright blue streamers of long ribbons matching the color of her skin are tied to her wrists and ankles and flow elegantly behind her. She finds a spot near the back and hovers in the air, a joyful smile on her face. The blue streamers flow about her, moved by her otherworldly breeze.
"Oh. This is so beautiful."
She says to herself as she glances about at all of the wonderful decorations.

Liberty's Edge

Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

An orange and white dog is also in attendance, looking rather unusually clean, and proudly balancing the wedding rings atop his snout.

Disguise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Sense Motive DC 18:
The "dog" is in fact a fox that has - for some reason - decided to pretend to be a dog.

He growls amiably at anyone in his path, "Outa th' way! I gotta get these rings to them what're gettin' married - I told 'em I'd take 'em an' I ain't 'xactly sure o' the way."

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

If any passerby are startled by the appearance of a talking dog, Phidöe - for such is his name - takes no notice as his talking causes him to fumble the two rings that he was deftly balancing and they fall to the floor and roll away!

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 4 | HP 40/40 | AC 18, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +4 R +9 W +1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: Sickened

Acrobatics to grab rings: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Seeing the rings falling Toshiko makes a grab for them but fumbles as she nearly spills her sake and misses them.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 5 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | AC 19 (20) T 14 FF 19 | HP 62/62 | F +9 R +5 W +5 | CMD 21 |Init +3 | Perc +10 | Rage 12/14 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4
Kitoro wrote:
she looks around for someone in charge

The priest in the plain robes the colour of rice bushels notices the kitsune arrive. He smiles and beckons her to the seating area.

Then the 'dog' wanders in and drops the rings. Ikari rolls his eyes, then laughs.

"Ha! Come on Phidöe! Under the chairs, I see them!"

Ikari looks upon the brides. "Well Phidöe had the rings. I'm sure he'll pick them up again momentarily. Hiiragi, you may need to give them a clean" the priest looks apologetic.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Sorcerer 5.0| HP: 27/27 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 13 | F+3 R+5 W+6 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/5; Vanishing 10/10; Extend 3/3

Itami tenses in his seat and screws his eyes shut. There it is, and so the madness that is our Skulk begins.

Perception, Disguise DC 18: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

"You choose to not have hands, why?!" he whispers severely at the "dog." Tempering his ire, he turns his attention to the rings. Filthy, just filthy. Scooping up the first ring, he sends soft waves of magic over it, restoring it to like-new shine. If nobody takes command over the second, he does the same.

Despite his gut, he returns the ring to Phidöe. He wouldn't have had them if he wasn't chosen to... Where is Kenta when you need him? Never met a more loyal companion!

The Concordance

NG f Sylph Sky Druid 7 | HP 45+9/51 | AC 22, t14, ff18 | F +7, R +7, W +10 | Perc +13 (Darkvision 60') | Init. +6 | Resist: Sonic 5, Elec 10 | Stealth +10 | speed 30', fly 60' | CMB +5 CMD 19 | cold-iron arrows x20 | Active Conditions: Aspect/falcon, Delay Poison, barkskin +3 (70 mins), resist energy (fire), haste, PfE

"Oh, dear. The rings!"
Wide eyed as the rings fall, Navi suddenly places a hand on her wayfinder, mutters an incantation, and gives a slight wave with her other hand to gently lift the rings with a mage hand spell to place them back onto the dog's snout.

She glances around, making sure nobody saw her do it.

Liberty's Edge

Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Phidöe is delighted by the assistance provided by Itami and Navi and he can't help but thank them. "Much obliged fer yer cooperation, doncha know! I was sure this was gonna turn inta 'nother game o' fetch, an' this time I'da deserved it!"

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

This time the "dog" is much more cautious about maintaining his balance while speaking and the rings remain in their appointed position.

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Kitsune Paladin 6 (Fox Form) | Mods: Aura of Courage | Speed 20ft in Armor | Smite Evil 2/2, 2 Star Reroll 1/1 (share?) | HP 58 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/17 | F/R/W +11/+8/+10 (+1 vs. Confusion, Immune Fear & Disease) | CMD 20 (Talisman or Teamwork Boon) | LoH: 6/6 (4d6 no Mercy, 3d6 w/ Sickened or Diseased Mercy) | +5 Diverse Training 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc: +1 (LL, +2 by Chance), SM: +5 (+2 by Chance)

Hustling up late, clanking a fair bit, is a young fox in very shiny full plate mail. His reddish brown fur in sharp contrast to the white of his mouth and neck. A burning river of flame trails across the front of his breastplate, if you squint it almost looks like a fox sticking its tongue out at you.

His voice booms out, quieting all the whispered questions, "Kenta the Usher is here! Please, line up in the lobby and I will escort everyone to their seats."

Most probably ignore him, but if anyone doesn't, he offers a strong paw and directions.

"Yes, it is quite beautiful. Left side or right? No, it does not particularly matter. We are all family here."

"Oh I believe that scent is sandalwood*. Borrowed from a Mwangi tribe we saved about a year ago. It is quite a story, though I tell it terribly."

*It is NOT sandalwood. Probably Lavender.

"My you have a very strong grip. Oh no, it doesn't *HURK* hurt. Yes. I. Am. Fine."

He returns to the main aisle and rubs his sore arm a bit before sitting, then standing, then being not sure what to do.

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

Hiiragi grins. "If we didn't both prep Prestidigitation for this morning, I'd be surprised. No one wants to have to hand-clean sake stains out of a wedding dress."

She can't help but glance at Toshiko.

---

Hiiragi's face only reddens deeper, and when the first tear breaks, the rest stop hesitating.

Oh, my Lady's most glorious tail fluff, she said a lot. Should I say a lot? I had something prepared, but that was a lot.

"I... oh, Daikitsu, my nose--please?" She raises a sparkling finger to her upper lip, and it's magically cleaned in an instant. "Thank you."

"Onna... you know what you mean to me, but they don't. Onna, before I met you, I hardly thought about myself." She fidgets with her own fingers. "Once I learned who I was, I thought I was done. I was a woman, I was a farmer, I was a miko, I was a helper. And when I joined the Society, I thought that's what I'd be doing still."

"But you saw me. Not just the goddess I worship, not the flail I hold, but me. And you wanted to be with me, even when the work was done. Even when it was too warm for you to have an excuse, I found you sitting close to me. And when I lost you..."

She freezes, and takes a deep breath. Her hands reach out to take Onna's, and she can't help but smile; Onna's once-soft hands have begun to develop a certain toughness.

Hiiragi recognizes it: every bit of stiff skin is from accompanying her in her duties. The miko still isn't sure whether Onna had seriously never held a hoe before, but she sure had taken her time showing her how to use one.

"I love you, Onna. I promise I'll never make you feel like you aren't welcome just as you are, whether that's in our home or in my heart."

She quivers, and turns an eye toward Ikari.

Let me kiss her let me kiss her let me kiss her let me kiss her

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1

Onna giggles as she rolls her eyes at the seemingly inevitable antics of her closest friends. Well, such is how a family is forged. These boys! What would they do if left to their own devices?

Onna looks toward the heavens as she tries not to cry at Hiiragi's beautiful words. She waves at her eyes. Don't cry. One tear will be several tears and then it will be ugly crying. No ugly crying! It's our wedding.

Helplessly, Onna gives up the fight. Tears slowly trail down her cheeks. She devotes her attention back to the woman before her. By the Eternal Rose I love this woman.

She spares a glance at Ikari and nods. Can I kiss her now?

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 4 | HP 40/40 | AC 18, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +4 R +9 W +1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: Sickened

Toshiko watches the exchange of vows and toasts, if only with herself, frequently. She also frequently tops up her cup with the jug Itami furnished her.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 5 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | AC 19 (20) T 14 FF 19 | HP 62/62 | F +9 R +5 W +5 | CMD 21 |Init +3 | Perc +10 | Rage 12/14 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"You're doing great, Kenta. Relax. Nothing needs smiting. Have some dumplings. Fresh from the Nine-Tuilled Fox!"

Ikari watches the shenanigans with the rings, then squats down and beckons Phidöe over. I am not going to call him a 'good boy'.

"Thank you Phidöe." For a moment it does look like Ikari is going to pat the 'talking dog' on the head, but instead the priest stands up tall and smiles again at the brides.

"These rings symbolise your bond with each other. When you are apart, you will see your ring and know that your souls are always together. Joined in matrimony, like the ring you have no beginning and no end. Your marriage is a journey that you will take together, and your destination is each other."

Ikari places one of the rings in each woman's hand. "Now, in the gaze of your Goddesses, become one as you bind each other in love that knows no boundary. Give your wife her ring."

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

Hiiragi's heart is in her chest, and she can't help but take a glance at the crowd while Ikari and Phidoe are fiddling with the rings. Why am I nervous? What is there to be nervous about??? Her own hands are just as shaky as Onna's by this point; when she takes the ring, she can't help but whisper a quick prayer to her goddess that she doesn't drop it.

She reaches for Onna's hand, then crowns her finger and slides the ring back to its resting place behind the knuckle.

"Onna... with this ring, I pledge myself to you, and take you as my own--in drought and in deluge, from frost to harvest and back again. May Shelyn and Daikitsu bless us--though I wouldn't let go of you if they themselves demanded it."

"My wife, Sionnach Brummagem."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1

Hands still trembling, Onna takes the ring in one hand and Hiiragi's left in the other. "Hiiragi, I love you. I dedicate all my love to your happiness." With that, she slides the ring past both knuckles and holds it tightly into place. Please Shelyn, never let this come off.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tiny Male LG "Dog" UnMonk 1/Paladin 2/UnRogue 2/Swash 1 | HP 58/58 | AC 26 T 25 FF 17 (w/ Mage Armor: 30/25/21) | CMB +11, CMD 22 | F +13, R +20 (evasion), W +8 | | Init +8 | Perc +9 SM +0 | Speed 40' | | Smite 1/1 | Lay on Hands 5/5 | Stunning Fist 2/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Phidöe begins to howl!

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 5.0| HP: 27/27 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 13 | F+3 R+5 W+6 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/5; Vanishing 10/10; Extend 3/3

Itami claps and smiles as the guests erupt in cheers, rice flying everywhere. The beginning of a beautiful journey together.

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.
active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 5 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | AC 19 (20) T 14 FF 19 | HP 62/62 | F +9 R +5 W +5 | CMD 21 |Init +3 | Perc +10 | Rage 12/14 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"In the eyes of Daikitsu and Shelyn, and by the laws of Oppara, as a duly appointed celebrant it is my great pleasure to pronounce you wedded to each other, wife and wife!"

"Go on then."

"You can kiss now."

Ikari showers the brides with grains of blessed rice.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1

Onna takes her Hiiragi's cheeks gently between her hands, leans in with a head tilt, and kisses her wife for the very first time.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Sorcerer 5.0| HP: 27/27 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 13 | F+3 R+5 W+6 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 5/5; Vanishing 10/10; Extend 3/3

As the final grains fall, and the cheers wither into silence, the moment of their union passes. Itami sighs. And so the time has come for me to lay my heart bare once more. Rising, he clears his throat to speak.

"Onna. Hiiragi," he begins, his voice straining to be strong. "You are among the only people who know of my old life, of the burden I foolishly placed upon my soul. And yet, you still chose to accept me. I bore my sins, my unforgivable and wretched sins, to you and you met me with warmth, with love. His voice breaks clearly now, but he powers through. "That was the first time I'd ever felt it, the empowerment of living beyond a tool fit for purpose, but simply as a being, as Itami. It was in that moment I finally allowed myself to believe that the strength I've wrought from pain could be used to help instead of hurt and that I was worth something despite what I'd done. You lightened my load in the name of love, as I paid with my flesh to return the favor for Onna's rebirth." He quiets down for a moment, a hand absent-mindedly reaching for his leg. "In the name of love."

"As you join your love together today before the grace of your Deities, the unyielding support of your family, the presence of Oppara, I know you shall achieve greatness together. Whether it is in the fields of wheat or on the fields of battle, whatever you choose to grow in your field, it shall forever be yours and none will have the strength to take it, for there is nothing your love cannot overcome."

With a cup of sake in hand, he raises it, his attention now on the other guests. "To Onna and Hiiragi!"
________
Y'all, we had some dark times in the game Onna died, holy hell. Going back through that just now was a trip and a half!

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

As her wife(!!!!) closes in, Hiiragi, unable to contain herself, grabs Onna by the arms and pulls her in hard.

"Mmph..."

The kiss is decidedly un-chaste.

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Kitsune Paladin 6 (Fox Form) | Mods: Aura of Courage | Speed 20ft in Armor | Smite Evil 2/2, 2 Star Reroll 1/1 (share?) | HP 58 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/17 | F/R/W +11/+8/+10 (+1 vs. Confusion, Immune Fear & Disease) | CMD 20 (Talisman or Teamwork Boon) | LoH: 6/6 (4d6 no Mercy, 3d6 w/ Sickened or Diseased Mercy) | +5 Diverse Training 1/1 | Init +2 | Perc: +1 (LL, +2 by Chance), SM: +5 (+2 by Chance)
Itami wrote:
Itami claps and smiles as the guests erupt in cheers, rice flying everywhere. The beginning of a beautiful journey together.
Ikari Hateshinai wrote:
Ikari showers the brides with grains of blessed rice.

OH NO ACK I SHOULD HAVE POSTED SOONER!!!

Kenta's smile stretches across his maw as the scene unfolds. Such a beautiful display of love, even with the horrors they have witnessed, definitely proves there is still good in the world.

He begins handing out an unusual wedding favor. Instead of rice, or rose petals, or those damned bubbles the gnomes are always touting, he hands each guest present a small glass vase with several long green stalks poking out. A small card instructs the holder the following.

Thank you for coming to this special event! In lieu of the many things that can be thrown at a wedding, please do NOT throw these plants. They are rice seedlings. In the theme of growth and harvest, these are for you to take home, plant, nurture, watch grow, and harvest when ready. As your plants grow, know too, that the love of Sionnach and Hiiragi grows as well. With your harvested rice, make a loving meal for family and friends. Or even distil it into wine to enjoy in the company of others.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

Once the two finally separate, Hiiragi (slightly breathless) giggles until Itami begins to speak.

Her heart swells to have so much of her family here. In a way, she can't help but feel like she and Itami have much in common.

"Thank you, thank you so much," she gushes. "I... all of you, it means a lot that you're here."

She can't stop holding Onna's hand.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1

Onna leans into the kiss, allowing herself to melt into Hiiragi's embrace. Wow! She usually takes my breath away, but wow!

She is not certain how long the kiss lasts. She feels simultaneously that is perhaps too long for the ceremony while being not nearly long enough for the emotions rising within her.

***********

The bard nods along with Hiiragi. "Yes! Thank you all so much for being here and helping us to celebrate our love. Whether a friend or a stranger, a Pathfinder or a fellow kitsune, your presence is so appreciated. We are made stronger because you chose to join us this day."

**************

With fingers interlaced with her wife, Onna races over to Itami's side. She hugs him lovingly. "Thank you so much for being here Grandfather. It would not have been the same without you." She buries her head on his shoulder, "I have missed you so much." Onna straightens and regains her composure. She chides him, "And you've left me to fend for myself among all these zealots. And I can't begin to tell you about how trying it's been to bring logic and science to them, and...the dog."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Bard-6/Sphere Singer-5 | AC24 | hp:69/69 |F8 R16 W10 | P18, SM18 | Init+5 | FR:0 TSR:1

Shortly after the slyph flies in, a woman with rainbow coloured hair, dressed like the Goddess Desna, and sporting a pair of large butterfly wings, also lands nearby. The wings vanish soon after landing.

She watches the ceremony with a HUGE smile, applauding with the others then cheers at the kiss.

When she gets a chance, she says to the couple. Desna approves. May your journey together be blessed and may all your dreams be pleasant

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

Hiiragi squeezes Itami as tight as his brittle old man bones will allow.

”It has been so perky without you. I miss your cynicism so much, you have no idea.”

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Kitsune Nine-Tailed Heir/6 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | 38/38 hp | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6| Init +2 | Percep 0 | CMD 13

One of the foxes managing the food supply for the party—and Hiiragi’s aunt, as she’s proudly been telling anyone who showed up too early—hollers from the back.

”Hey, Sionnach! You hear? Shelyn’s whole polycule is getting in on this!”

Grand Lodge

Kitsune Bard 5 / Ranger 1 | 43/43 Hp | AC 17 {T 13, FF 14} | Fort: +4 Ref: +9 Will: +4 | Init +3 | Perception +8| Bardic Performance 16/17 rounds | Reroll 1/1

Onna bows her head at the Desnan blessing. "Thank you for coming. Did you have your dumplings yet? I'm Onna by the way."

The bard goes about the venue, ensuring all feel welcome. She brings a cup of saki to the slyph. "Thank you for your work with the rings. You really helped to save the day. Please, share a drink with us. Have you met my wife yet? This is Hiiragi. Hiiragi Brummagem." That was the first time she had said her wife's full name. It sounds so weird to hear it outloud, and yet it feels so right.

Onna sees another unfamiliar face. She picks up a tray of dumplings and walks over to Kitoro. "Good day, and thank you for coming. Have you had a dumpling yet? They are delicious. I'm Onna."

Onna shouts back across the reception, "That's wonderful news! Thank you again for spending all night in the kitchen. These dumplings are delicious."

The Concordance

NG f Sylph Sky Druid 7 | HP 45+9/51 | AC 22, t14, ff18 | F +7, R +7, W +10 | Perc +13 (Darkvision 60') | Init. +6 | Resist: Sonic 5, Elec 10 | Stealth +10 | speed 30', fly 60' | CMB +5 CMD 19 | cold-iron arrows x20 | Active Conditions: Aspect/falcon, Delay Poison, barkskin +3 (70 mins), resist energy (fire), haste, PfE

Navi wipes happy tears from her cheeks, moved by the beautiful ceremony. She flutters higher and claps her hands in celebration and honor of Onna and Hiiragi.

Navi approaches the newlyweds to offer her blessings personally.
"Hi! I'm Navi Windwhisper. I want to thank you for the invite. It was wonderful! I am so happy for the two of you! May your love last for eternity!"
With their permission, Navi ties a small bright blue ribbon around their left wrist.
"For luck and prosperity, love and friendship."
She smiles warmly.

Navi the druid is overjoyed with the rice seedling and expresses her appreciation for the gift.
"I will cherish this beautiful ceremony and gift forever."

She spends the rest of the evening mingling, enjoying the food and drink, and making new friends with those present.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Bard-6/Sphere Singer-5 | AC24 | hp:69/69 |F8 R16 W10 | P18, SM18 | Init+5 | FR:0 TSR:1

Katrina, but some call me Krazy Kat ... cause of the crazy things things I like to do. But yes, congratulations

After the blessing, Kat goes to talk to the organisers, a dumpling in her hand. It is her intent to dance for the couple.

She also approaches Navi. Hi. Love your wings. Say ... do you do aerial dance?

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG f Sylph Sky Druid 7 | HP 45+9/51 | AC 22, t14, ff18 | F +7, R +7, W +10 | Perc +13 (Darkvision 60') | Init. +6 | Resist: Sonic 5, Elec 10 | Stealth +10 | speed 30', fly 60' | CMB +5 CMD 19 | cold-iron arrows x20 | Active Conditions: Aspect/falcon, Delay Poison, barkskin +3 (70 mins), resist energy (fire), haste, PfE
Katrina aka Krazy Kat wrote:


She also approaches Navi. Hi. Love your wings. Say ... do you do aerial dance?

Navi wipes the bit of sake from her lower lip as she pulls her drink away after being suddenly surprised by the query.

"Oh my. But do I! What a wonderful idea!"
She winks at Kat and soars straight up into the air, a dozen feet above the crowd.
"May I have your attention, everyone!!! In honor of the newlyweds, Onna and Hiiragi, this is for you!"

Navi calls out to the band.
"Play something fun! With gusto!"
They begin playing a tune fast and fun. She summons a cloud of mist around her and rises up out of the cloud to start the show.
With light blue silk ribbons trailing and rainbow gossamer wings fluttering, Navi puts on a spectacular aerial show for everyone. She casts faerie fire around herself to make her even more glittery, the silvery sparks trailing behind her like a comet. She calls lightning in the dusky sky high above to illuminate her with flashes of light and loud thunderclaps as she performs unbelievable aerial twists and turns, backflips, somersaults, cartwheels, loops and swoops over the gasping and excited crowd. She throws a flaming sphere of fire to bounce around harmlessly around the edges of the garden. The "whoosh, whoosh, whoosh" of the ball of flame as it bounces, and the thunderclaps in the sky garner more cheers from the crowd as Navi continues to swoop and soar in the sky. She soars up high again, then divebombs in a corkscrew maneuver, swooping dangerously close over the heads of the spectators below. For a Grand Finale, she rises up again into the sky to hover and beckons the ecstatic crowd for applause. She pauses for a moment at the crest of a loop to unleash a flurry of snowballs high up in the air which burst into snowflakes and fall down lightly upon the cheering crowd in the warm summer evening. Finishing the show, she slowly floats down to the ground as she gives a big bow to the crowd and flashes the newlyweds a wink.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Bard-6/Sphere Singer-5 | AC24 | hp:69/69 |F8 R16 W10 | P18, SM18 | Init+5 | FR:0 TSR:1

Kat sings up her butterfly wings and joins Navi in the sky flying around her in aerial dance moves. Kat is also surrounded by a Fairie Fire, and Dancing Lights accompany the pair as they dance together in mid air. At one point they dance together hand in hand before separating to do their own thing.

Her finale is a high speed run over the head of the crowd, and as she does a glittering circle of rainbow light explodes from her and expands into the sky.

Kat then lands next to Navi.
You fly divinely my dear. We must do that again sometime. It was so much fun

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Crusader of Daikitsu 5/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 41/41 hp | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +7| Init +2 | Percep +8 | CMD 17

As the guests show off for the newly-wedded couple, Hiiragi just pulls Onna close and does... honestly a lot of giddy pointing.

"Wow!"

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune, always in human form (auburn hair, freckles, dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 15 | Low-light vision | Speed 30ft, Fly 60ft | Boots of Speed 10/10 | Lucky Horses. 1/1 | HP 209/209 | Normal: AC 24 T 19 FF 16 | CMB +25 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 28 | F +22, R +22, W +15 | Empower 1/1 | Quicken 1/1| FreeMove 4/4 | Panache 9/9 | Arcane Pool/Ring 11+4/13+4 | Black Blade Pool 4/4 | Concentr. reroll 2/2 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Flight 15/15 | Init +9 | Perc +26, SM +21, Bluff (Deceive) +28, Dipl. (Convince) +28 | Active cond: Ablative barrier, invisibility, fly, Defending bones

With a soft plop three more guests appear that look human. Two men and a woman that could be related.

They all are scrawny with auburn to red hair and all have the holy symbol of Chaldira Zuzaristan around their neck and the emblem of the scarab sages on their clothing.

Their features seem Chelaxian but also have something else mixed in and for those that know Kitsune it is clear what they are.

~

The woman speaks up first.

“Oh Kioshi this teleportation magic is just WOW!“ the woman says and her eyes look a little crazy.

She is wearing light mithral armor and carries a black pulsing Scimitar at her hip that is attached to her wrist with a very fine chain.

Some may know her as the newly appointed Venture Captain Zaarah Katsu.

The woman looks around and sees the wedding couple which makes her smile.

“Ahh!! So good to see you Hiiragi-Sama and Ms. Brummagem! When the message about the wedding of two Kitsune spread, we three couldn’t resist to come!! At least some of the Katsu family are at your disposal. Wonderful event!“ she says and bows to the wedding couple.

Scarab Sages

Male N Kitsune (always in human form) from the Forest of Spirits in north-eastern Tian Xia | Exploiter Wizard 9 | HP 84/84 + 0/0temp HP| Baahuush Familiar 42/42 HP | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 16 | F: +16, R: +15, W: +14 & +1 vs. spells/spell-like ab./poison | Init: +5 | Perc: +16, Dipl: +19, Bluff: +19, SM: +5 | Lesser Rods: Extend 3/3, Piercing 3/3, Intensified 3/3 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | Arcane Reservoir 5/7 | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 3, Acid 3, Fire 2, Cold 1 | Active c.: Height awareness, heroism,

The man that Zaarah addressed as Kioshi and obviously was responsible for the teleportation also moves to the couple but it’s clear that he feels out of place and is not really comfortable.

Kioshi wears a loose cloak, has a small dagger at his side and wears very light Haramaki armor.

On his shoulder, his tiny horned lizard with dark black scales, looks around.

“Ehh, yes, all the best for your future. And lots of children I guess. And, well, yes. All the best with staying safe during adventures… well, ehh, it’s dangerous, right? Yeah!! Have fun being married!!“ Kioshi says and clearly the words are dropping from his mouth towards Hiiragi and Onna out of nervousness.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune (mid 20s, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 3

The last person that arrived stays in the back and observes the surroundings.

He wears a unique kind of dragonhide armor that seems to shine brightly.

Beneath the armor he is wearing a noble's outfit and the necessary jewelry to reflect his station.

He has an adamantine rapier at his hip that is attached to his wrist with a very fine chain.

A flying fox with red fur is flying around his head and sometimes lands on his shoulder before it takes off again.

Oh Kioshi, you should’ve stayed in the back with me. If Zaarah would not have dragged me here I’d be out hunting scum. But I have to say … the couple … they really look good together… Andor thinks.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune (in vulpine form) from the Forest of Spirits in Tian Xia | Swashbuckler 1 / Investigator 9 | Resistances: Elec. 3, Acid 3, Fire 2, Cold 2 | Init +8 | HP 94/94 | ‘Serang' Familiar HP 47/47 | Normal: Panache 7/7 | Inspiration 10/10 | Extend Potion 6/6 | AC 28 (30 vs. Traps), T 18 FF 21| CMB +16 (with Rapier), CMD 22 (24 Disarm) | F: +10, R: +18 (+20 vs. traps), W: +12 (+14 vs. illusions) | Boots of Speed 10/10 | Perc +24 (+28 vs. traps), Dipl +19 | Low-light vision | Speed 30 | Active cond.: none

Andor suddenly sees Katrina aka Krazy Kat.

He walks over with a smile and suddenly transforms into his vulpine form.

“Hey Kat!! You here?! I think you only know my Kitsune face so you probably didn’t recognize me. Haven’t seen you since the demonic infestation in the temple of Cayden! Do you know the wedding couple? How have you been???“ he asks with genuine interest.

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-03 | SFS 6-08

Oh .... no I didn't Andor. I've been fine thanks. No, didn't know the couple directly but I believe that they may have attended some of my performances. Besides, it was said that all Pathfinders were invited and ... well you know me. I'd never turn down an invitation to party and have fun. I just finished dancing in the air, with a rather attractive sylph woman that I'm sorta thinking of getting to know better.

She paused for a bit. Lessee .... I helped deal with a bunch of giants and helped a rather confused ettin, erm, found a piece of the Sky Key, and even took part in the leadup to the Ruby Phoenix Tournament, just after I gained my wings. But yeah ... been good .... no plans to settle down yet ... I'd probably get bored.

She grins at that How have you been then?

1 to 50 of 72 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Kitsune Wedding All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.